Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flames and Lightning [Not Open Yet]
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 49 50
@DisastrousAbsol (buddy im trying, urgh-)

"I'm telling you! There is something wrong with that dragon!" Kuroka yelled as the two entered the springs, tail lashing angrily.

"It's not nice to insult a clanmate... no matter how much I agree that she can be a little... much." Izuku sighed, pulling his hood down as the two headed for the cubby-wall.

"Hey Kuro, Izu! How'd it go?" Mio called, curious.

"Horrible!" Kuroka snapped, furiously yanking off her gloves and boots.

"Let me guess, Hawkins again?" Lily asked, almost amused despite knowing the answer.

"Yes! That girl- She has no respect for anyone! How the literal heck is she Susie's daughter? She's nothing like Susie! At least she doesn't act like, like! Like she's the Queen of everything! Hawkins though! Hawkins is a literal diva and evil fairy rolled into a ball of arrogance!" Kuroka continued, clearly enraged.

"Wow, creative." Shino muttered to the two guests, blinking.

Izuku slid into the water with a hum, free of his apparel.

"She's usually not that bad, but I wonder if something set her off today?" The green male wondered aloud, tail swishing.

Kuroka, also free of clothes, dunked herself in the spring, still seething.

"Well I'd like to know what then, because she was absolutely out of line today!" The black and purple female declared, her whole body aside from her head submerged.

-

Sensing her son's worry, Yoruko smiled softly.

"Again, I'll be alright. Lynne is doing a fine job as the leader, and I'm happy just sorting paperwork." She soothed, brushing her tail against his wing.

"Now, you should probably go see your father, I'm sure he'd like to see you too. He's usually in his workshop, scrying away, if you remember where it is?" She asked, glancing over at the now sleeping Heather before looking back to Somnus.
@DisastrousAbsol (buddy im trying, urgh-)

"I'm telling you! There is something wrong with that dragon!" Kuroka yelled as the two entered the springs, tail lashing angrily.

"It's not nice to insult a clanmate... no matter how much I agree that she can be a little... much." Izuku sighed, pulling his hood down as the two headed for the cubby-wall.

"Hey Kuro, Izu! How'd it go?" Mio called, curious.

"Horrible!" Kuroka snapped, furiously yanking off her gloves and boots.

"Let me guess, Hawkins again?" Lily asked, almost amused despite knowing the answer.

"Yes! That girl- She has no respect for anyone! How the literal heck is she Susie's daughter? She's nothing like Susie! At least she doesn't act like, like! Like she's the Queen of everything! Hawkins though! Hawkins is a literal diva and evil fairy rolled into a ball of arrogance!" Kuroka continued, clearly enraged.

"Wow, creative." Shino muttered to the two guests, blinking.

Izuku slid into the water with a hum, free of his apparel.

"She's usually not that bad, but I wonder if something set her off today?" The green male wondered aloud, tail swishing.

Kuroka, also free of clothes, dunked herself in the spring, still seething.

"Well I'd like to know what then, because she was absolutely out of line today!" The black and purple female declared, her whole body aside from her head submerged.

-

Sensing her son's worry, Yoruko smiled softly.

"Again, I'll be alright. Lynne is doing a fine job as the leader, and I'm happy just sorting paperwork." She soothed, brushing her tail against his wing.

"Now, you should probably go see your father, I'm sure he'd like to see you too. He's usually in his workshop, scrying away, if you remember where it is?" She asked, glancing over at the now sleeping Heather before looking back to Somnus.
@DaylightLegion
Koga watched Kuroka’s hissy fit, submerging himself deeper into the water. Both he and Xavier remember Hawkins all too well. The cocky dragon with the holier-than-thou attitude had a knack for thoroughly ruffling others’ feathers.

Somnus resigned, nodding softly. He stood, nuzzling his mother’s face before taking his leave to seek his fathers workshop. He glanced towards the patch job on his tail, sighing softly.
@DaylightLegion
Koga watched Kuroka’s hissy fit, submerging himself deeper into the water. Both he and Xavier remember Hawkins all too well. The cocky dragon with the holier-than-thou attitude had a knack for thoroughly ruffling others’ feathers.

Somnus resigned, nodding softly. He stood, nuzzling his mother’s face before taking his leave to seek his fathers workshop. He glanced towards the patch job on his tail, sighing softly.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol

"Knowing her, it was probably homesickness again. She was the most vocal about leaving, anyways." Izuku hummed, tail flicking.

"Ugh, I wish she'd get over it... she only lived there for three months before the Move." Kuroka grumbled, submerging until the top of her beak was barely above the water.

"We all miss the Canyon, honestly." Lily sighed wistfully, feathers drooping slightly.

"I don't. And I lived there longer than any of you did." Shino snorted, flexing his wings.

"Wow, way to show off how much wiser and older you are, Shino." Mio snorted, sensing a fight.

"I'm not saying I'm any more wiser than any of you! I'm just saying that I hated the Incident enough that I'd rather not go back!" He yelped, backtracking.

"Not like you lost any blood relatives to it though." Tensei grumbled bitterly.

"Hey! Too far!" Mio squawked, Shino standing up abruptly.

The teal and green male's feathers were flaring hard, wet pinions sticking together and fur dripping and steaming, but he suddenly looked a lot less childish than he'd been acting.

"Don't," he began in a low, rumbling threat, "Assume I wasn't just as angry when the news came back. That I wasn't as worried or enraged at what had happened."

This dragon wasn't the happy, shy and slightly playful male that passed by in the halls or hamded out food from gathering trips.

This Shino was the eldest child of the clan, only surpassed in age by Natsuki and Yoruko, an adult when Vervain had been a hatchling. The one who'd had to learn to fight from nothing but books and instict, no-one to guide him or teach. One of the first to guard the clan when living in the Scrubs. With his fur wetted down, you couldn't see the myriad of scars hidden in the patterns and feathers, but all from hard won and sometimes barely won fights and skirmishes.

Tensei met his gaze equally, the barest tremble to his wings.

"The whole clan is my blood relative. Even you, ya brat." Shino said, relaxing slightly in front of the guests.

He lessened his threatening aura, and sat back down.

Mio, Kuroka, Izuku and Lily, who had been awkwardly silent during the whole affair, glanced between each other.

Coughing, Izuku dipped his head at Xavier and Koga.

"Uh, hi, by the way. I'm Izuku, my mom is Inko. I heard you know my half brother Ryo?" He asked, a little mumbly and shy, and still wary of Shino despite the drake's slightly relaxed aura.
-
Midnight's workshop always had the soft background sounds of crystal chimes clinking softly against each other, the smell of ink and rustly papers, books, as he shared said workshop with the Archives. Luxio would often be by as well, disappearing behind the workshop wall to the Archive itself.

Dark feathers were strewn across the place, the dragon they belonged too pacing with a pen in his beak, setting it down before going back over to a wall to pull out another book, checking something before going back to his desk, a scrying crystal set in a pedestal.

Muttering, he jotted notes down.

"Hmm... Interesting..." He said, voice merely a bass rumble through the room's natural calm.
@DisastrousAbsol

"Knowing her, it was probably homesickness again. She was the most vocal about leaving, anyways." Izuku hummed, tail flicking.

"Ugh, I wish she'd get over it... she only lived there for three months before the Move." Kuroka grumbled, submerging until the top of her beak was barely above the water.

"We all miss the Canyon, honestly." Lily sighed wistfully, feathers drooping slightly.

"I don't. And I lived there longer than any of you did." Shino snorted, flexing his wings.

"Wow, way to show off how much wiser and older you are, Shino." Mio snorted, sensing a fight.

"I'm not saying I'm any more wiser than any of you! I'm just saying that I hated the Incident enough that I'd rather not go back!" He yelped, backtracking.

"Not like you lost any blood relatives to it though." Tensei grumbled bitterly.

"Hey! Too far!" Mio squawked, Shino standing up abruptly.

The teal and green male's feathers were flaring hard, wet pinions sticking together and fur dripping and steaming, but he suddenly looked a lot less childish than he'd been acting.

"Don't," he began in a low, rumbling threat, "Assume I wasn't just as angry when the news came back. That I wasn't as worried or enraged at what had happened."

This dragon wasn't the happy, shy and slightly playful male that passed by in the halls or hamded out food from gathering trips.

This Shino was the eldest child of the clan, only surpassed in age by Natsuki and Yoruko, an adult when Vervain had been a hatchling. The one who'd had to learn to fight from nothing but books and instict, no-one to guide him or teach. One of the first to guard the clan when living in the Scrubs. With his fur wetted down, you couldn't see the myriad of scars hidden in the patterns and feathers, but all from hard won and sometimes barely won fights and skirmishes.

Tensei met his gaze equally, the barest tremble to his wings.

"The whole clan is my blood relative. Even you, ya brat." Shino said, relaxing slightly in front of the guests.

He lessened his threatening aura, and sat back down.

Mio, Kuroka, Izuku and Lily, who had been awkwardly silent during the whole affair, glanced between each other.

Coughing, Izuku dipped his head at Xavier and Koga.

"Uh, hi, by the way. I'm Izuku, my mom is Inko. I heard you know my half brother Ryo?" He asked, a little mumbly and shy, and still wary of Shino despite the drake's slightly relaxed aura.
-
Midnight's workshop always had the soft background sounds of crystal chimes clinking softly against each other, the smell of ink and rustly papers, books, as he shared said workshop with the Archives. Luxio would often be by as well, disappearing behind the workshop wall to the Archive itself.

Dark feathers were strewn across the place, the dragon they belonged too pacing with a pen in his beak, setting it down before going back over to a wall to pull out another book, checking something before going back to his desk, a scrying crystal set in a pedestal.

Muttering, he jotted notes down.

"Hmm... Interesting..." He said, voice merely a bass rumble through the room's natural calm.
@DaylightLegion
Koga wanted nothing more than to sink into the water he sat in and never emerge. The field medic’s wings folded tightly against his sides, causing the joints to ache slightly by the force which he kept them bound at.

Xavier watched on coolly, though his tail flicked irritably. If there was one thing he didn’t miss about the clan, it was the fighting. He was never fond of conflict. Ryokucha was the same, despite being the general of his own unit.

As the two drakes locked gazes, he felt his shoulder scar burn with a phantom pain. Then Shino backed down, much to the brothers’ relief. The purple-winged drake nodded in response to Izuku’s question.

“Ryokucha. Yes, we know him. My brother happens to be his colleague of sorts.” He hummed, gesturing to the darker male. “I’m Xavier, he’s Koga. A pleasure.” His tone was formal with a cool hint after the small argument that had taken place.
-
Somnus soon came to his father’s workshop. He peeked inside to watch his father pace about. The sound of chimes and the smell of fresh ink and paper put the geode at ease. He eyed the feathers strewn across the floor.

He entered, tapping a talon on the floor as he approached to alert Midnight of his presence.

“Hello, father.” He signed once he had his attention.
@DaylightLegion
Koga wanted nothing more than to sink into the water he sat in and never emerge. The field medic’s wings folded tightly against his sides, causing the joints to ache slightly by the force which he kept them bound at.

Xavier watched on coolly, though his tail flicked irritably. If there was one thing he didn’t miss about the clan, it was the fighting. He was never fond of conflict. Ryokucha was the same, despite being the general of his own unit.

As the two drakes locked gazes, he felt his shoulder scar burn with a phantom pain. Then Shino backed down, much to the brothers’ relief. The purple-winged drake nodded in response to Izuku’s question.

“Ryokucha. Yes, we know him. My brother happens to be his colleague of sorts.” He hummed, gesturing to the darker male. “I’m Xavier, he’s Koga. A pleasure.” His tone was formal with a cool hint after the small argument that had taken place.
-
Somnus soon came to his father’s workshop. He peeked inside to watch his father pace about. The sound of chimes and the smell of fresh ink and paper put the geode at ease. He eyed the feathers strewn across the floor.

He entered, tapping a talon on the floor as he approached to alert Midnight of his presence.

“Hello, father.” He signed once he had his attention.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol

"What's he like? Mom said he left as soon as he was old enough, and that was a long time before I even hatched." Izuku asked curiously, tilting his head like a lost puppy.
-

"Ah! Somnus! Good to see you! Heather said you would be visiting today... come in, I've just finished up a scry. Seems there's a little trouble in the future, but other than that, relatively peaceful." Midnight said, smiling at his son.

The "little" trouble would be a future pair of hatchlings, one deadly and prone to rage, the other quick and clever, both clashing heads whenever they met up. Not to mention flashes of other, minor events, a Troupe of dragons and glimmering Ice, among other things.

He worried, as all Arcane dragons did, about the future and it's secrets, but he still kept his clan out of the worst of it. He tried, at least. At best, it kept away war.

"How have you been? I assume you've seen your mother and siblings?" The black male continued, shuffling papers into a neat pile.
@DisastrousAbsol

"What's he like? Mom said he left as soon as he was old enough, and that was a long time before I even hatched." Izuku asked curiously, tilting his head like a lost puppy.
-

"Ah! Somnus! Good to see you! Heather said you would be visiting today... come in, I've just finished up a scry. Seems there's a little trouble in the future, but other than that, relatively peaceful." Midnight said, smiling at his son.

The "little" trouble would be a future pair of hatchlings, one deadly and prone to rage, the other quick and clever, both clashing heads whenever they met up. Not to mention flashes of other, minor events, a Troupe of dragons and glimmering Ice, among other things.

He worried, as all Arcane dragons did, about the future and it's secrets, but he still kept his clan out of the worst of it. He tried, at least. At best, it kept away war.

"How have you been? I assume you've seen your mother and siblings?" The black male continued, shuffling papers into a neat pile.
@DaylightLegion
“He’s kinda like Koga in terms of personality.” Xavier answered, waving a talon idly. “Not really one for conflict, a peacekeeper type. He’s not entirely spineless though. He rose through the warrior’s ranks pretty quickly. Now he’s got his own unit of warriors to lead.”

“He’s less demanding than Hummingbird, she’s his colleague and my superior.” Koga added. “He pushes his warriors beyond their limits sometimes, but he knows when to stop.”

“Ryo is not less demanding, nor is Hummer more so.” Xavier corrected. “Both generals push their warriors to be their best and know each individual’s limits, along with their strengths and weaknesses. That’s why they’re in the positions they’re in.” The lighter drake finished. Koga frowned, but he knew his brother was right. He only felt differently because one was his general and the other was not.
-
He dipped his head, coming to sit down on the other side of the desk, across from his father. He looked into the scrying crystal, watching the mist within swirl in meaningless shapes. He had never Seen, and likely never would. While both his brother and father were adept Seers, he was not. He found scouting to be his calling, anyway.

“I have.” Somnus confirmed, nodding his head. “I’ve been well. How have you been fairing?” He questioned, tilting his head curiously.
@DaylightLegion
“He’s kinda like Koga in terms of personality.” Xavier answered, waving a talon idly. “Not really one for conflict, a peacekeeper type. He’s not entirely spineless though. He rose through the warrior’s ranks pretty quickly. Now he’s got his own unit of warriors to lead.”

“He’s less demanding than Hummingbird, she’s his colleague and my superior.” Koga added. “He pushes his warriors beyond their limits sometimes, but he knows when to stop.”

“Ryo is not less demanding, nor is Hummer more so.” Xavier corrected. “Both generals push their warriors to be their best and know each individual’s limits, along with their strengths and weaknesses. That’s why they’re in the positions they’re in.” The lighter drake finished. Koga frowned, but he knew his brother was right. He only felt differently because one was his general and the other was not.
-
He dipped his head, coming to sit down on the other side of the desk, across from his father. He looked into the scrying crystal, watching the mist within swirl in meaningless shapes. He had never Seen, and likely never would. While both his brother and father were adept Seers, he was not. He found scouting to be his calling, anyway.

“I have.” Somnus confirmed, nodding his head. “I’ve been well. How have you been fairing?” He questioned, tilting his head curiously.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol

"Huh. Sounds a bit like Mom, actually. She's the same type, more inclined to talking things out than brute force." Izuku said, blinking.

"Izuku is good at that too, but you are definitely not a pushover like Inko is." Lily snorted, half amused at the green drake.

"Ah, I remember those days. You used to break every bone in your body trying to figure out that odd strength of yours. And then you went and broke your arm yelling at that odd dragon during a Coliseum battle. Never quite figured out what you said, but it sure ticked him off. Dude burst into flames. Odd, because he'd been using Ice magic at the time." Shino recalled.

Izuku raised the arm in question out of the water, scars cracking down the sides of the limb in twisted motions, wrapping around the digits of his claws. He eyed it apprehensively.

"Styx yelled at me for a solid hour about it while healing it, said if it happened again he wouldn't be able to save me from permanent nerve damage. Apparently I broke the bone so far it was near powder... he used a huge amount of healing magic just to get it even remotely close to unbroken." He huffed, feathers fluffing and relaxing.

"You wore a cast and wobbled through the halls for weeks before he could mend it any further. It was hilarious." Kuroka snickered, eyes gleaming in delight.

"Ah, Izuku here was born with an absurd amount of strength. When he was younger he couldn't quite control it, so he'd snap his bones overexerting himself with it, considering the hollow bones of a Skydancer. He had to train his body into it, rather than gaining strength by working for it. He's much better about it now though, but he has his moments where he uses more than he's ready for and breaks something." Lily explained to her brothers, Mio watching with interest.

"Inko was a flustered, anxious mess when she learned what was happening." Tensei hummed, having been born a little after Izuku.

"She's still an anxious mess about it." Izuku muttered with a sigh.
-
"Good, your mother was about ready to tear through the halls to find you when she heard you were visiting." Midnight laughed, a baritone sound in the calm room.

"I've been all right, more or less. Elio rarely stops by for lessons, he prefers his routes and patrols, but Heather is growing into a fine Seer. I'm still sure Elio is a little cranky about how she can See farther than him, but he's gotten over it already. Claims too many eyes makes for too many visions, not to mention it clutters together. Heather, however, just smiles and says nothing." He continued, tail flicking as he pulled a polishing rag out for his crystal.

"Would you like to try? It's been a while, and a lot has changed. Maybe you'll See something interesting, if only briefly. Couldn't hurt, I should think." He asked, tilting his head and gesturing to the ball.
@DisastrousAbsol

"Huh. Sounds a bit like Mom, actually. She's the same type, more inclined to talking things out than brute force." Izuku said, blinking.

"Izuku is good at that too, but you are definitely not a pushover like Inko is." Lily snorted, half amused at the green drake.

"Ah, I remember those days. You used to break every bone in your body trying to figure out that odd strength of yours. And then you went and broke your arm yelling at that odd dragon during a Coliseum battle. Never quite figured out what you said, but it sure ticked him off. Dude burst into flames. Odd, because he'd been using Ice magic at the time." Shino recalled.

Izuku raised the arm in question out of the water, scars cracking down the sides of the limb in twisted motions, wrapping around the digits of his claws. He eyed it apprehensively.

"Styx yelled at me for a solid hour about it while healing it, said if it happened again he wouldn't be able to save me from permanent nerve damage. Apparently I broke the bone so far it was near powder... he used a huge amount of healing magic just to get it even remotely close to unbroken." He huffed, feathers fluffing and relaxing.

"You wore a cast and wobbled through the halls for weeks before he could mend it any further. It was hilarious." Kuroka snickered, eyes gleaming in delight.

"Ah, Izuku here was born with an absurd amount of strength. When he was younger he couldn't quite control it, so he'd snap his bones overexerting himself with it, considering the hollow bones of a Skydancer. He had to train his body into it, rather than gaining strength by working for it. He's much better about it now though, but he has his moments where he uses more than he's ready for and breaks something." Lily explained to her brothers, Mio watching with interest.

"Inko was a flustered, anxious mess when she learned what was happening." Tensei hummed, having been born a little after Izuku.

"She's still an anxious mess about it." Izuku muttered with a sigh.
-
"Good, your mother was about ready to tear through the halls to find you when she heard you were visiting." Midnight laughed, a baritone sound in the calm room.

"I've been all right, more or less. Elio rarely stops by for lessons, he prefers his routes and patrols, but Heather is growing into a fine Seer. I'm still sure Elio is a little cranky about how she can See farther than him, but he's gotten over it already. Claims too many eyes makes for too many visions, not to mention it clutters together. Heather, however, just smiles and says nothing." He continued, tail flicking as he pulled a polishing rag out for his crystal.

"Would you like to try? It's been a while, and a lot has changed. Maybe you'll See something interesting, if only briefly. Couldn't hurt, I should think." He asked, tilting his head and gesturing to the ball.
@DaylightLegion
Xavier laughed lightly, flicking his tufted tail in amusement.

“You sound kinda like Somnus. Except when he breaks something it actually comes off.” He elaborated. “Rather than immense strength he’s just very clumsy, as well as cursed.” The light drake hummed. He knew that the geode didn’t think much of his curse, much like the other cursed dragon in his clan. However, he also knew his family did think much of it.

Somnus and Hanako bonded over being cursed, as well as knowing Seers. Both were pleasantly surprised to find the same witch had cursed them, only bringing the two closer. The scout and tattoo artist spoke of their respective Seers, Hanako’s being her husband and Somnus’ being.. almost everyone in his family. It was safe to say the two were best friends despite their personality differences.

Koga pulled himself from the water, shaking water from his fur and subsequently spraying his brother. Xavier quickly shielded himself with a purple wing, sending the younger a glare from underneath the webbing. He flicked the appendage in his direction, returning the favor.
-
Somnus’ shoulders shook in silent laughter. That sounded like Yoruko alright. His laughter only increased upon learning of Elio’s crankiness. Of course he would be.

He tilted his head at his father’s offer, shifting his wings in curiosity. He remembered having Seeing lessons when he was younger and could still speak, alongside Elio. While hesitant, Midnight was right. Surely it couldn’t hurt.

Somnus nodded, accepting the offer. He’d wait until his father was finished polishing the ball.
@DaylightLegion
Xavier laughed lightly, flicking his tufted tail in amusement.

“You sound kinda like Somnus. Except when he breaks something it actually comes off.” He elaborated. “Rather than immense strength he’s just very clumsy, as well as cursed.” The light drake hummed. He knew that the geode didn’t think much of his curse, much like the other cursed dragon in his clan. However, he also knew his family did think much of it.

Somnus and Hanako bonded over being cursed, as well as knowing Seers. Both were pleasantly surprised to find the same witch had cursed them, only bringing the two closer. The scout and tattoo artist spoke of their respective Seers, Hanako’s being her husband and Somnus’ being.. almost everyone in his family. It was safe to say the two were best friends despite their personality differences.

Koga pulled himself from the water, shaking water from his fur and subsequently spraying his brother. Xavier quickly shielded himself with a purple wing, sending the younger a glare from underneath the webbing. He flicked the appendage in his direction, returning the favor.
-
Somnus’ shoulders shook in silent laughter. That sounded like Yoruko alright. His laughter only increased upon learning of Elio’s crankiness. Of course he would be.

He tilted his head at his father’s offer, shifting his wings in curiosity. He remembered having Seeing lessons when he was younger and could still speak, alongside Elio. While hesitant, Midnight was right. Surely it couldn’t hurt.

Somnus nodded, accepting the offer. He’d wait until his father was finished polishing the ball.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol

Lily laughed, throwing her head back as Izuku flushed, faint red lines flickering into existence.

"Clumsy! Sweetie, Izuku more accident prone than even Natsuki most days! Oh he's graceful in a fight, sure, but outside of that he'll trip on air five times a week!" She cackled, the drake in question sinking further into the water out of embarrassment.

"Exactly, he used to crash into everything as a hatchling, and it's only just barely gotten better! There's still craters in the halls from where he's tripped and used his absurd strength to try and stop the fall, only to break the limb and land on his face anyways." Kuroka joined in, snickering.

She definitely seemed in a better mood now than before, and playfully flicked water at her brothers.

"I remember that. Lynne kinda just groaned and shook her head, muttering about hoping to get an Earth dragon to help fix all the damages. We have a few Nature dragons, sure, but they can't move solid rock, much less lava rock and obsidian glass." Tensei added, already pulling on his vest.

"Too bad we haven't seen any traveling by, it would be a huge help." Lily sighed, Izuku submerging completely in shame.
-
Midnight beamed, and quickly polished the crystal to a beautiful sheen, soft mist swirling on the inside.

"Go ahead and take a look, think about anything you'd possibly want to See, and the magic should take it from there. You've got Arcane blood in you, so you won't have to worry about the usual headaches and blurry vision a different dragon might get." He said, proud that his son was at least willing to try.

Yes, his youngest daughter was an excellent Seer, but she was the only one besides Elio who could actually discern proper visions from Scrying.

Vervain was too nervous to try, Hyacinth was busy with her hunting work, and Blitze had no inclination to even attempt, seeing as he was working hard as an Advisor to Lynne. Ailuro could See as well, but it often made his magic act out crazily, floating everything and breaking the crystals. After the 5th time it happened and nearly trashed the Archive as well, the blue drake had politely refused to try again.
@DisastrousAbsol

Lily laughed, throwing her head back as Izuku flushed, faint red lines flickering into existence.

"Clumsy! Sweetie, Izuku more accident prone than even Natsuki most days! Oh he's graceful in a fight, sure, but outside of that he'll trip on air five times a week!" She cackled, the drake in question sinking further into the water out of embarrassment.

"Exactly, he used to crash into everything as a hatchling, and it's only just barely gotten better! There's still craters in the halls from where he's tripped and used his absurd strength to try and stop the fall, only to break the limb and land on his face anyways." Kuroka joined in, snickering.

She definitely seemed in a better mood now than before, and playfully flicked water at her brothers.

"I remember that. Lynne kinda just groaned and shook her head, muttering about hoping to get an Earth dragon to help fix all the damages. We have a few Nature dragons, sure, but they can't move solid rock, much less lava rock and obsidian glass." Tensei added, already pulling on his vest.

"Too bad we haven't seen any traveling by, it would be a huge help." Lily sighed, Izuku submerging completely in shame.
-
Midnight beamed, and quickly polished the crystal to a beautiful sheen, soft mist swirling on the inside.

"Go ahead and take a look, think about anything you'd possibly want to See, and the magic should take it from there. You've got Arcane blood in you, so you won't have to worry about the usual headaches and blurry vision a different dragon might get." He said, proud that his son was at least willing to try.

Yes, his youngest daughter was an excellent Seer, but she was the only one besides Elio who could actually discern proper visions from Scrying.

Vervain was too nervous to try, Hyacinth was busy with her hunting work, and Blitze had no inclination to even attempt, seeing as he was working hard as an Advisor to Lynne. Ailuro could See as well, but it often made his magic act out crazily, floating everything and breaking the crystals. After the 5th time it happened and nearly trashed the Archive as well, the blue drake had politely refused to try again.
@DaylightLegion
Xavier was quick to flick water back at Kuroka, using a bit of the Water magic he knew to ensure it hit his target. Koga also tossed water at his sister, with less success than his brother.

“We have Earth dragons. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind helping out if you want it.” Xavier offered, pulling a bit of the water out of the spring. He messed with it, having it form different shapes in the air.
-
Somnus nodded and peered into the crystal.

He thought about his family and their clan, his own clan, and.. Starsong. The drake meant a lot to him. He sighed, deciding to focus on the Blitzwing clan. Maybe he would See something then..
@DaylightLegion
Xavier was quick to flick water back at Kuroka, using a bit of the Water magic he knew to ensure it hit his target. Koga also tossed water at his sister, with less success than his brother.

“We have Earth dragons. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind helping out if you want it.” Xavier offered, pulling a bit of the water out of the spring. He messed with it, having it form different shapes in the air.
-
Somnus nodded and peered into the crystal.

He thought about his family and their clan, his own clan, and.. Starsong. The drake meant a lot to him. He sighed, deciding to focus on the Blitzwing clan. Maybe he would See something then..
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 49 50