Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | {[WELCOME TO YARLFORD]}
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Getting into the city late in the day was easy enough. Guards growing tired of searching for every little thing that could be on every suspicious person, plus it was simple to change their appearance and act like an old mostly-defenseless blind man getting into the city to see his children and grandchildren again and once inside any back alley worked to change back to their usual appearance. The one they felt the most comfortable in, their default. They shivered as the air suddenly felt colder then it had when they'd taken on the guise of a more warm-blooded creature. They shook their head and curled their tail around their waist and torso lightly to keep in what little body heat they let off.

No, they weren't completely cold blooded, having long abandoned trying to be after one of their clients sent them through a snow capped mountain sometime early in spring one year, and after that incident they'd decided to try being warm-blooded for all of a week. It'd been far too odd to them, being completely without the previously usual adjustment to the temperature around them, so they settled for a.... Sort of mix of the two. They still adapted their body temperature to being like the air around them, however they acted warm-blooded in both overly-heated and overly-chilled areas. Anything over 80(F) and anything under 68(F), basically. There were a few exceptions, such as now, when they'd changed from one or the other to the mix they'd settled on for themself.

They stood there for... Well, they didn't know how long they stood there, in silence, as the got used to being back in their own.... Skin, so to speak, once more.

Finally they uncurled their tail from around themself and walked out of the back alley, their cloak around their shoulders and the hood up mostly covering their face. It was long enough to mostly hide their tail, except for maybe the end tip of it, which was fine with them. It was dark, they could tell by the change in how the air smelled. During the day it was always lightly accented with heat, warmth and various different scents from other people, and now it smelled lighter, colder, with the scent of those up late at taverns or those who were rushing to get back home from their places of work.

Nyrix paused as the scent of a group with around five-seven people, though some scents could have lingered around if it was a recent meeting, reached their nose. Their tail flicked and their head tilted slightly to the left in vague curiosity, wondering why a group of people would be out so late. Unless it wasn't as late as they thought it was. Hard to tell when you went based upon scent alone, even if that worked so well it was like they could see, at times. Letting out a huff, the shapeshifter made their way towards the group. If only to ask for directions to the nearest open inn.
Getting into the city late in the day was easy enough. Guards growing tired of searching for every little thing that could be on every suspicious person, plus it was simple to change their appearance and act like an old mostly-defenseless blind man getting into the city to see his children and grandchildren again and once inside any back alley worked to change back to their usual appearance. The one they felt the most comfortable in, their default. They shivered as the air suddenly felt colder then it had when they'd taken on the guise of a more warm-blooded creature. They shook their head and curled their tail around their waist and torso lightly to keep in what little body heat they let off.

No, they weren't completely cold blooded, having long abandoned trying to be after one of their clients sent them through a snow capped mountain sometime early in spring one year, and after that incident they'd decided to try being warm-blooded for all of a week. It'd been far too odd to them, being completely without the previously usual adjustment to the temperature around them, so they settled for a.... Sort of mix of the two. They still adapted their body temperature to being like the air around them, however they acted warm-blooded in both overly-heated and overly-chilled areas. Anything over 80(F) and anything under 68(F), basically. There were a few exceptions, such as now, when they'd changed from one or the other to the mix they'd settled on for themself.

They stood there for... Well, they didn't know how long they stood there, in silence, as the got used to being back in their own.... Skin, so to speak, once more.

Finally they uncurled their tail from around themself and walked out of the back alley, their cloak around their shoulders and the hood up mostly covering their face. It was long enough to mostly hide their tail, except for maybe the end tip of it, which was fine with them. It was dark, they could tell by the change in how the air smelled. During the day it was always lightly accented with heat, warmth and various different scents from other people, and now it smelled lighter, colder, with the scent of those up late at taverns or those who were rushing to get back home from their places of work.

Nyrix paused as the scent of a group with around five-seven people, though some scents could have lingered around if it was a recent meeting, reached their nose. Their tail flicked and their head tilted slightly to the left in vague curiosity, wondering why a group of people would be out so late. Unless it wasn't as late as they thought it was. Hard to tell when you went based upon scent alone, even if that worked so well it was like they could see, at times. Letting out a huff, the shapeshifter made their way towards the group. If only to ask for directions to the nearest open inn.
Sora. Non-Binary, They/He. Members of our system sign off, if no sign off, assume Sora is speaking. Anyone who speaks is an adult
V6tmaNc.pngsmPAAMS.pngLRdLP2V.pngOxagJgG.png
@kkira555
Lucius had been admitted to the city without too much difficulty. This city seemed better than most in the way of tolerance, at least so far. He saw a tavern just inside the gates with an elf coming through the doors. He seemed to know his way around, and Lucius was tired, so he put away his anxiety to approach the figure. “Hello,” he waved, “would you happen to know the way to the nearest inn?”
@kkira555
Lucius had been admitted to the city without too much difficulty. This city seemed better than most in the way of tolerance, at least so far. He saw a tavern just inside the gates with an elf coming through the doors. He seemed to know his way around, and Lucius was tired, so he put away his anxiety to approach the figure. “Hello,” he waved, “would you happen to know the way to the nearest inn?”
2jctt91.jpg he/him please!
Not wanting to argue over something so simple, the half-orc decided to just nod at what the satyress was saying. "Sure, then. Next time I'll pay. Was no trouble though, you're ruse 'n all. I'd say we gave 'em a convincin' show.' He chuckled, not knowing how so very unconvincing his attempts to go along with her ruse really were apparently.

His attention turned back to the small thief he was carrying along with them. "Bazil, is it? Well, it's nice to meet ya, Bazil." Vak really didn't know what the thief meant by other groups and how she hadn't really needed a name, but it wasn't really his business to pry into someone's personal life. If they wanted to tell him, he'd listen but until then he wouldn't be the one asking. Shaking his head a bit when Bazil tries to refuse the healing potion, he made sure she was at least holding it before lowering his arm back to his side. "T'wouldn't be wasted on ye. Ye'r one of us now, and I won't be havin' a friend of mine bein' all bloodied and hurt when there's somethin' I can do about it. So, drink the potion, please." As the half-orc spoke, his gaze locked with Bazil's trying to get the sincerity of his message across.

It wasn't long before they reached the inn Trip had mentioned. Upon entering the rather large building, he saw a dwarven woman who he assumed to be running the place. Vak let Trip take the lead on this one, as she had been here before and probably knew the dwarven woman.
Not wanting to argue over something so simple, the half-orc decided to just nod at what the satyress was saying. "Sure, then. Next time I'll pay. Was no trouble though, you're ruse 'n all. I'd say we gave 'em a convincin' show.' He chuckled, not knowing how so very unconvincing his attempts to go along with her ruse really were apparently.

His attention turned back to the small thief he was carrying along with them. "Bazil, is it? Well, it's nice to meet ya, Bazil." Vak really didn't know what the thief meant by other groups and how she hadn't really needed a name, but it wasn't really his business to pry into someone's personal life. If they wanted to tell him, he'd listen but until then he wouldn't be the one asking. Shaking his head a bit when Bazil tries to refuse the healing potion, he made sure she was at least holding it before lowering his arm back to his side. "T'wouldn't be wasted on ye. Ye'r one of us now, and I won't be havin' a friend of mine bein' all bloodied and hurt when there's somethin' I can do about it. So, drink the potion, please." As the half-orc spoke, his gaze locked with Bazil's trying to get the sincerity of his message across.

It wasn't long before they reached the inn Trip had mentioned. Upon entering the rather large building, he saw a dwarven woman who he assumed to be running the place. Vak let Trip take the lead on this one, as she had been here before and probably knew the dwarven woman.
fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
(Trying to encourage a meetup, sorry for short responses, I find it difficult to write paragraphs in a group without other characters input) “It’s getting dark, maybe we should go somewhere. Anybody know a good inn around here, besides the one we just left?”
(Trying to encourage a meetup, sorry for short responses, I find it difficult to write paragraphs in a group without other characters input) “It’s getting dark, maybe we should go somewhere. Anybody know a good inn around here, besides the one we just left?”
___________ 6346.png mlHpBMC.png
5BsilZ9.png
55xbf1H.png
E3nmoMt.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
pO8B2fr.png 6346.png
WKtl2lb.png[/url][nextcol]
pO8B2fr.png[nextcol]6346.png[/columns]
Bryn looked around for a moment at the sound of someone speaking to him, his eyes finally landing on the tiefling. He waved in return and shrugged at the question. He was in town all day but that was spent entirely in the tavern until now.
Bryn looked around for a moment at the sound of someone speaking to him, his eyes finally landing on the tiefling. He waved in return and shrugged at the question. He was in town all day but that was spent entirely in the tavern until now.
tumblr_p2mudjjCv01wehfsgo2_250.png
“Oh, I see. My apologies, I mistook you for a resident.” He looked around, a bit of nervousness creeping into his posture. He scuffed the heel of his boot on the pavement. “Well, it is getting dark. If you are also seeking an inn we could go together? Two heads are better than one.”
@kkira555
@Ragnaroc I would really like to meet up with Yugen inside the walls. Lucius would probably be one of the first things he sees after he finishes reuniting that lady with her kid. :)
“Oh, I see. My apologies, I mistook you for a resident.” He looked around, a bit of nervousness creeping into his posture. He scuffed the heel of his boot on the pavement. “Well, it is getting dark. If you are also seeking an inn we could go together? Two heads are better than one.”
@kkira555
@Ragnaroc I would really like to meet up with Yugen inside the walls. Lucius would probably be one of the first things he sees after he finishes reuniting that lady with her kid. :)
@/AbyssRanger // @/Draconequis (?)
Bazil looked up at Vak, listening to every word he said in amazement. She then Looked over at the vial and nodded before gently grabbing it and stashing it away into one of their pockets. They whispered to Vak “I’ll drink it once we get a room.” Her voice was cheerful and happy. These are nice people. I can trust, trust is good. Good is friends? It seemed that she trusted you guys much more than before, a new teammate, a new friend. (Sorry that it’s short :,))

@/InfernalShephard @/kkira555
As Bryn leaves the CrimsionLady he is left with only the faint glow of candles that peer through the dusted windows. It’s quiet. The moon stares down at you with all of the many faint specks of light, stars. You hear a voice that you’ve never heard before. You search around for a moment before looking up to see a teifling. Their appearance was rather odd and not seen very often but there’s a lot of weird people in this world. They ask you, rather kindly, where a inn might be then proposing to stick together. From where you stand you can see many stores and roads but looking closer you can see the SaltyUnicorn a ways down the road but other than that many of the stores and buildings seem to be closed.

@/pheoniz @/AnacindaMiracle @/Eldarowability @/luna13
As you, Nyrix find yourself roaming the roads of this new town, Yarlford, you catch a scent of a possible group. Scents of varying degrees fill your senses. You being a shapeshifter knows and can tell some scents apart from others. However you start to find yourself confused with all of these different various types, Fire, blood, alcohol, fur, and so many different types including some type of magic? You find your way towards a group of three. A fire genasai, an elf, and a Animated set of amor and a shield. A very strange group at the least. They don’t seem to be getting into any trouble but instead Comforting the Genasai and talking. They all seem to be smiling and friendly. What do you do?
(Sorry if these seemed rushed trying to catch up)
@/AbyssRanger // @/Draconequis (?)
Bazil looked up at Vak, listening to every word he said in amazement. She then Looked over at the vial and nodded before gently grabbing it and stashing it away into one of their pockets. They whispered to Vak “I’ll drink it once we get a room.” Her voice was cheerful and happy. These are nice people. I can trust, trust is good. Good is friends? It seemed that she trusted you guys much more than before, a new teammate, a new friend. (Sorry that it’s short :,))

@/InfernalShephard @/kkira555
As Bryn leaves the CrimsionLady he is left with only the faint glow of candles that peer through the dusted windows. It’s quiet. The moon stares down at you with all of the many faint specks of light, stars. You hear a voice that you’ve never heard before. You search around for a moment before looking up to see a teifling. Their appearance was rather odd and not seen very often but there’s a lot of weird people in this world. They ask you, rather kindly, where a inn might be then proposing to stick together. From where you stand you can see many stores and roads but looking closer you can see the SaltyUnicorn a ways down the road but other than that many of the stores and buildings seem to be closed.

@/pheoniz @/AnacindaMiracle @/Eldarowability @/luna13
As you, Nyrix find yourself roaming the roads of this new town, Yarlford, you catch a scent of a possible group. Scents of varying degrees fill your senses. You being a shapeshifter knows and can tell some scents apart from others. However you start to find yourself confused with all of these different various types, Fire, blood, alcohol, fur, and so many different types including some type of magic? You find your way towards a group of three. A fire genasai, an elf, and a Animated set of amor and a shield. A very strange group at the least. They don’t seem to be getting into any trouble but instead Comforting the Genasai and talking. They all seem to be smiling and friendly. What do you do?
(Sorry if these seemed rushed trying to catch up)
luw7Fez.gif
@/pheoniz @/Eldarowability @/luma13

Nyrix paused once they identified the specific scents coming from the group, tail flicking a couple times as they thought of how to approach the three. Having long since come to grips with compact city smells, disregarding certain ones as not needed and casting them to the side, in a way, in order to focus on the ones they needed to avoid other people or objects that might get in their way. Probably why they tried not go meet potential clients in crowded areas, it made it harder to find them. Still, they stopped near the group and listened to the elf and snimated armor and shield comfort the genasai for a moment before stepping closer and clearing their throat.

"Excussse me," they started, voice an odd inbetween of masculine and feminine sounding while their tone remained neutral. Their s's were also slightly elongated. "could you direct me to the nearessst open inn?" they asked, head tilting to the right akin to that of a curious dog.
@/pheoniz @/Eldarowability @/luma13

Nyrix paused once they identified the specific scents coming from the group, tail flicking a couple times as they thought of how to approach the three. Having long since come to grips with compact city smells, disregarding certain ones as not needed and casting them to the side, in a way, in order to focus on the ones they needed to avoid other people or objects that might get in their way. Probably why they tried not go meet potential clients in crowded areas, it made it harder to find them. Still, they stopped near the group and listened to the elf and snimated armor and shield comfort the genasai for a moment before stepping closer and clearing their throat.

"Excussse me," they started, voice an odd inbetween of masculine and feminine sounding while their tone remained neutral. Their s's were also slightly elongated. "could you direct me to the nearessst open inn?" they asked, head tilting to the right akin to that of a curious dog.
Sora. Non-Binary, They/He. Members of our system sign off, if no sign off, assume Sora is speaking. Anyone who speaks is an adult
V6tmaNc.pngsmPAAMS.pngLRdLP2V.pngOxagJgG.png
I made a reply but that tiefling in juice’s post was Lucius lol
@kkira555 @/juice
I made a reply but that tiefling in juice’s post was Lucius lol
@kkira555 @/juice
Trip's tail twitched lightly as the orc agreed with her, beaming at him cheerily. And then she giggled when he said that they were pretty convincing selling the 'dating' thing. Which was definitely not the case, but still, there was something endearingly cute about his entire comment. A light bleat giggle escaped her throat and she crinkled up her eyes. "I like how confident you are." She smiled.

Her hand fluttering to her side, she listened to the thief talk, introducing themself as Bazil. A cute name for a cuter not cat person. Her ears and tail twitched in response as the cute little nugget agreed to drink the potion. "Good. Because I wouldn't want you walking around bleeding. I don't like that sort of thing."

She moved toward the table after a brief moment of hesitation. The thief had rather casually mentioned that they share a room. And Vak hadn't protested in the latter. She could get three rooms. But one would save her a little money. Not only that but.. she would like to stick around with her new companions.

Turning to the Dwarven Woman, whose name was escaping her at the moment, Trip leaned over the table. "Hiya!" she chirped. "You got any rooms left for the three of us? We want to stay the night tonight if you do."
Trip's tail twitched lightly as the orc agreed with her, beaming at him cheerily. And then she giggled when he said that they were pretty convincing selling the 'dating' thing. Which was definitely not the case, but still, there was something endearingly cute about his entire comment. A light bleat giggle escaped her throat and she crinkled up her eyes. "I like how confident you are." She smiled.

Her hand fluttering to her side, she listened to the thief talk, introducing themself as Bazil. A cute name for a cuter not cat person. Her ears and tail twitched in response as the cute little nugget agreed to drink the potion. "Good. Because I wouldn't want you walking around bleeding. I don't like that sort of thing."

She moved toward the table after a brief moment of hesitation. The thief had rather casually mentioned that they share a room. And Vak hadn't protested in the latter. She could get three rooms. But one would save her a little money. Not only that but.. she would like to stick around with her new companions.

Turning to the Dwarven Woman, whose name was escaping her at the moment, Trip leaned over the table. "Hiya!" she chirped. "You got any rooms left for the three of us? We want to stay the night tonight if you do."
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11