Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Hogwarts University - RP
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
OOC

@sadcreme @Zaviei @AeolianOakdown @GoddessOfCarries @Nightshadaw @Dragonninja @Draconequis @Syuzeren

Welcome, and please have fun!

Please use the following template at the top if your posts so it's clear who you're interacting with and where you are, thank you!
Character | House | Location | Interacting with:
(it's up to you if you'd like to be pinged or not. Personally I like being pinged even though I'm subbed!)

1 September, 17:30.
Cold and stormy, an overcast sky.

Heavy rain clattered hard against the cooped up windows of the Hogwarts Express. The cozy heat inside made the glass fog up, and many of the students could be seen doodling in the windows to pass the time.

In the very front of the train, old and new Hogwarts students were pacing the corridors nervously, some were catching up with friends. The younger of the students were playing games with friends on handhelds consoles or cellphones and devouring candies from the trolley. It was a merry, familiar sight.

At the very back, the university students were having a far different time. The freshmen seemed a little less excited to be returning to Hogwarts, and were all cluttered together, fidgeting with their things like nervous children. The sophomores and juniors were having a better time, hyping themselves up for the feast awaiting them at their own little nook of the castle. And of course, most of the seniors already had their faces buried in a heap of books, and the tapping of nervous wands against random surfaces was so frequent that it almost sounded in tune with the rain.

Finally, the trolley reached the back of the train, with most of the sweets already devoured. The sweet old lady, miss Littletree as she was known, already looked dead on her feet. She handed out a copy of the Hogwarts school newsletter to each compartment she slumped by, only barely aware of her surroundings. As she passed however, she did make a point of muttering something about a fire crab infestation mentioned on page 16, very important, blah blah, disturbance in the Forbidden Forest. Who cares? Miss Littletree didn't care.

| Tarina | Ravenclaw | Hogwarts Express | Interacting with Evelyn (@Syuzeren) |

This was Tarina's final year at university. After which, she'd be delving head-first into the "adult world", doing "adult things" such as applying for any position of education at whichever magical school was hiring, she'd have to finally put down a deposit for that apartment and oh, taxes were a thing. Right? Or was it a muggle thing? She couldn't remember. Her head felt heavy with fullness. She just wanted to sleep.

The white haired girl let out a deep, long sigh. She rested her head on her taller friend's shoulder, digging her face into her loose hanging brown strands hanging over her chest. A copy of the newsletter lay open in Tarina's lap.

"Apparently there's an outbreak of fire-crabs at school. I mean, if they're still there that just means extra work for us. I don't wanna..." She closed her eyes, a crease forming between her brows. "But, as long as the kids don't have to deal with it. One day, I'm going to be the first competent teacher Hogwarts has ever had..."

With that, her voice lazily drifted off, and she directed her gaze at the window, folding her arms together, and letting out a shiver from the cold.

| Nadia | Slytherin | Hogwarts Express | Open for interaction |

Nadia had been flouncing through the corridors of the now-extra-long locomotive for what seemed like an hour in an attempt to scour for a snack, candy, anything. She'd even settle for one of those gross new chocolate frogs that spewed gummy juice when you bit its head off. Her stomach growled loudly, and adamantly.

Nadia had raced through Diagon Alley for her text books and supplies as soon as her legs could carry her, just so she could sneak away and grab a pint in some dark corner of Knockturn Alley before the train departed. She regretted having a drink on an empty stomach.

Eventually, defeated, she found an empty corridor and slumped down in the seat, staring out of the window with so much regret. Her legs hopped up and down, and she soon regained her composure, staring out of the empty compartment at the new and old faces passing by. She pressed her face against the glass, heaving a long sigh. Maybe it was time to head back and find her sister? But, nah, she was so comfortable. And, she had a compartment to herself, it was like she'd won the lottery, but better.

Oh, Hogwarts, Nadia mused. I wonder what this year has in store.
OOC

@sadcreme @Zaviei @AeolianOakdown @GoddessOfCarries @Nightshadaw @Dragonninja @Draconequis @Syuzeren

Welcome, and please have fun!

Please use the following template at the top if your posts so it's clear who you're interacting with and where you are, thank you!
Character | House | Location | Interacting with:
(it's up to you if you'd like to be pinged or not. Personally I like being pinged even though I'm subbed!)

1 September, 17:30.
Cold and stormy, an overcast sky.

Heavy rain clattered hard against the cooped up windows of the Hogwarts Express. The cozy heat inside made the glass fog up, and many of the students could be seen doodling in the windows to pass the time.

In the very front of the train, old and new Hogwarts students were pacing the corridors nervously, some were catching up with friends. The younger of the students were playing games with friends on handhelds consoles or cellphones and devouring candies from the trolley. It was a merry, familiar sight.

At the very back, the university students were having a far different time. The freshmen seemed a little less excited to be returning to Hogwarts, and were all cluttered together, fidgeting with their things like nervous children. The sophomores and juniors were having a better time, hyping themselves up for the feast awaiting them at their own little nook of the castle. And of course, most of the seniors already had their faces buried in a heap of books, and the tapping of nervous wands against random surfaces was so frequent that it almost sounded in tune with the rain.

Finally, the trolley reached the back of the train, with most of the sweets already devoured. The sweet old lady, miss Littletree as she was known, already looked dead on her feet. She handed out a copy of the Hogwarts school newsletter to each compartment she slumped by, only barely aware of her surroundings. As she passed however, she did make a point of muttering something about a fire crab infestation mentioned on page 16, very important, blah blah, disturbance in the Forbidden Forest. Who cares? Miss Littletree didn't care.

| Tarina | Ravenclaw | Hogwarts Express | Interacting with Evelyn (@Syuzeren) |

This was Tarina's final year at university. After which, she'd be delving head-first into the "adult world", doing "adult things" such as applying for any position of education at whichever magical school was hiring, she'd have to finally put down a deposit for that apartment and oh, taxes were a thing. Right? Or was it a muggle thing? She couldn't remember. Her head felt heavy with fullness. She just wanted to sleep.

The white haired girl let out a deep, long sigh. She rested her head on her taller friend's shoulder, digging her face into her loose hanging brown strands hanging over her chest. A copy of the newsletter lay open in Tarina's lap.

"Apparently there's an outbreak of fire-crabs at school. I mean, if they're still there that just means extra work for us. I don't wanna..." She closed her eyes, a crease forming between her brows. "But, as long as the kids don't have to deal with it. One day, I'm going to be the first competent teacher Hogwarts has ever had..."

With that, her voice lazily drifted off, and she directed her gaze at the window, folding her arms together, and letting out a shiver from the cold.

| Nadia | Slytherin | Hogwarts Express | Open for interaction |

Nadia had been flouncing through the corridors of the now-extra-long locomotive for what seemed like an hour in an attempt to scour for a snack, candy, anything. She'd even settle for one of those gross new chocolate frogs that spewed gummy juice when you bit its head off. Her stomach growled loudly, and adamantly.

Nadia had raced through Diagon Alley for her text books and supplies as soon as her legs could carry her, just so she could sneak away and grab a pint in some dark corner of Knockturn Alley before the train departed. She regretted having a drink on an empty stomach.

Eventually, defeated, she found an empty corridor and slumped down in the seat, staring out of the window with so much regret. Her legs hopped up and down, and she soon regained her composure, staring out of the empty compartment at the new and old faces passing by. She pressed her face against the glass, heaving a long sigh. Maybe it was time to head back and find her sister? But, nah, she was so comfortable. And, she had a compartment to herself, it was like she'd won the lottery, but better.

Oh, Hogwarts, Nadia mused. I wonder what this year has in store.
Lin l Hufflepuff l Hogwarts Express l Interacting with: Nadia (@CirqueDuBestial)

Lin was Stumbling down the train, tripping over his feet in a half asleep phase. His eyes blinked tiredly, and he really just wanted to watch his soap operas in peace. People chattered loudly all around him, making his ears hurt. In the pockets of his sweater were tons of candies he snagged from the trolley and the people who didn't pay attention. Some would say he had some kleptomiac-like urges every now and then.

Good lord, I really need to get some sort of sleep.. This insomnia is driving me crazy.

Lin gripped Becky, his macbook, tightly and walked into what he thought was an empty corridor. To his surprise, there was a girl sitting in one of the seats already. It'd be strange to back out now, seeing as he was already taking a seat. Then again, an empty corridor would've been nice.
As usual, Lin was oblivious to how the person felt, but really, he didn't care all that much.

Setting Becky on the table, he plugged in some off-brand airpods and started some music. There was no way he'd watch a soap opera in front of someone else- he knew how trashy and stupid they were. Yet for some reason, it was addicting, and he loved all of them.

"I hope this train has wifi..."he muttered.
Lin l Hufflepuff l Hogwarts Express l Interacting with: Nadia (@CirqueDuBestial)

Lin was Stumbling down the train, tripping over his feet in a half asleep phase. His eyes blinked tiredly, and he really just wanted to watch his soap operas in peace. People chattered loudly all around him, making his ears hurt. In the pockets of his sweater were tons of candies he snagged from the trolley and the people who didn't pay attention. Some would say he had some kleptomiac-like urges every now and then.

Good lord, I really need to get some sort of sleep.. This insomnia is driving me crazy.

Lin gripped Becky, his macbook, tightly and walked into what he thought was an empty corridor. To his surprise, there was a girl sitting in one of the seats already. It'd be strange to back out now, seeing as he was already taking a seat. Then again, an empty corridor would've been nice.
As usual, Lin was oblivious to how the person felt, but really, he didn't care all that much.

Setting Becky on the table, he plugged in some off-brand airpods and started some music. There was no way he'd watch a soap opera in front of someone else- he knew how trashy and stupid they were. Yet for some reason, it was addicting, and he loved all of them.

"I hope this train has wifi..."he muttered.
Naovis | Gryffindor | Hogwarts Express | Open for interaction

Naovis was sitting not far from Nadia, reading a book. For the last few hours, Nova was completely absorbed by that book with a name “Liginimancy and the Dangers of It.” Not like the book was particularly interesting. In fact, Naovis classified this book as competely boring. But you see, Nova liginimancy tutor gave her a book to read over the vacation. Well, he said it was optional, but by the look of it, Naovis could sense that this was an actual assignment. And, well, of course Nova managed to forget about this book until the last day of summer.

Naovis sighted and closed the book. Just 43 pages left. She can rest for a bit. Nova looked out the window, taking a few seconds to look at flashing scenaries. It was her first year at the university. Was Nova excited? Not really. Happy? Probably?.. Naovis gave up on trying to find the emotions that were simply not there. You see, as a child, Nova could not control her ability. And nobody was there to help her, as little Nova kept her ability a secret. Nova’s abilities were pretty week before she turned 10, but that was enough to let the little girl hear most of the things people thought when Naovis made eye contact. And it was painfull. This was one of the reasons Nova grew to be cold and detached even before all the bullying that had started in Hogwarts after her ‘gift’ was discovered.
Naovis | Gryffindor | Hogwarts Express | Open for interaction

Naovis was sitting not far from Nadia, reading a book. For the last few hours, Nova was completely absorbed by that book with a name “Liginimancy and the Dangers of It.” Not like the book was particularly interesting. In fact, Naovis classified this book as competely boring. But you see, Nova liginimancy tutor gave her a book to read over the vacation. Well, he said it was optional, but by the look of it, Naovis could sense that this was an actual assignment. And, well, of course Nova managed to forget about this book until the last day of summer.

Naovis sighted and closed the book. Just 43 pages left. She can rest for a bit. Nova looked out the window, taking a few seconds to look at flashing scenaries. It was her first year at the university. Was Nova excited? Not really. Happy? Probably?.. Naovis gave up on trying to find the emotions that were simply not there. You see, as a child, Nova could not control her ability. And nobody was there to help her, as little Nova kept her ability a secret. Nova’s abilities were pretty week before she turned 10, but that was enough to let the little girl hear most of the things people thought when Naovis made eye contact. And it was painfull. This was one of the reasons Nova grew to be cold and detached even before all the bullying that had started in Hogwarts after her ‘gift’ was discovered.
r7LsxK2.png
Possible Quote/Lyrics
Damla | Griffindor | Hogwarts Express | Interacting with: Emile then Nadia and Lin @CirqueDuBestial @sadcreme [Emile is open for interaction]

Damla and Emile were sitting in a compartment in the Hogwarts Express. Emile was reading a book propped up on his knees while his snake was curled around his midsection to use him as a heat source. Damla was switching between looking out of the window and looking at her twin.

"I'm boooored," she whined.

Emile glanced up at her. "I would have been worried if that fox of yours was around. Thankfully for everyone, she isn't and your boredom is now harmless enough to ignore." He then did just that.

Damla did the mature thing and stuck out her tongue. After a few seconds at glaring at Emile without any reaction on his part, she threw up her hands and headed out of the compartment. "I'm going to look for someone more talkative." Emile just waved without looking up.

Damla soon found two people in a compartment and decided to try her luck. She knocked and cracked the door open. "Helloooo~ I hope I'm not bothering you. I'm in need of some company?"
Damla | Griffindor | Hogwarts Express | Interacting with: Emile then Nadia and Lin @CirqueDuBestial @sadcreme [Emile is open for interaction]

Damla and Emile were sitting in a compartment in the Hogwarts Express. Emile was reading a book propped up on his knees while his snake was curled around his midsection to use him as a heat source. Damla was switching between looking out of the window and looking at her twin.

"I'm boooored," she whined.

Emile glanced up at her. "I would have been worried if that fox of yours was around. Thankfully for everyone, she isn't and your boredom is now harmless enough to ignore." He then did just that.

Damla did the mature thing and stuck out her tongue. After a few seconds at glaring at Emile without any reaction on his part, she threw up her hands and headed out of the compartment. "I'm going to look for someone more talkative." Emile just waved without looking up.

Damla soon found two people in a compartment and decided to try her luck. She knocked and cracked the door open. "Helloooo~ I hope I'm not bothering you. I'm in need of some company?"
pNeMP39.pngMLACkpO.pngkKWypF0.pngnNnmo6E.png4zBL86C.png
| Nadia | Slytherin | Hogwarts Express | Interacting with: Lin and Dalma (@sadcreme @Zaviei) |

Nadia groaned as the compartment door swung open, and she lifted her head slowly from the cold glass, shooting an annoyed glance at the kid who'd joined her.

"Wifi's on this side, yeah." She muttered, and sat upright as if for the first time that evening she remembered that she was raised with manners. She peered over at Lin, and then without thinking twice about it, she yanked out one of his earbuds and stuck it in her ear.

"Sharing's caring."

She grinned, completely unbothered at his reaction, and sat back in her chair, ruffling up her hair in an attempt to make it neater, but with each attempt it only got more and more messy.

"Don't die on me, you've got some nice beats. Hold on-"

Nadia grabbed the stolen earbud, and tapped on it with her wand she had tucked unto her cleavage. She muttered a short and unfamiliar spell, and the earbud made a slight buzzing before completely short-circuiting. As the sound cut out, however, the compartment flooded with music, which didn't seem to be heard by anybody else on the train.

"Oh, much better! ...Don't look at me like that, I'll fix em when we get there-"

When the door swung open, Nadia breathed a soft sigh of relief. The tips of her ears were slightly red.

"Hey, come in, we've got beats and the Wifi's good!"
| Nadia | Slytherin | Hogwarts Express | Interacting with: Lin and Dalma (@sadcreme @Zaviei) |

Nadia groaned as the compartment door swung open, and she lifted her head slowly from the cold glass, shooting an annoyed glance at the kid who'd joined her.

"Wifi's on this side, yeah." She muttered, and sat upright as if for the first time that evening she remembered that she was raised with manners. She peered over at Lin, and then without thinking twice about it, she yanked out one of his earbuds and stuck it in her ear.

"Sharing's caring."

She grinned, completely unbothered at his reaction, and sat back in her chair, ruffling up her hair in an attempt to make it neater, but with each attempt it only got more and more messy.

"Don't die on me, you've got some nice beats. Hold on-"

Nadia grabbed the stolen earbud, and tapped on it with her wand she had tucked unto her cleavage. She muttered a short and unfamiliar spell, and the earbud made a slight buzzing before completely short-circuiting. As the sound cut out, however, the compartment flooded with music, which didn't seem to be heard by anybody else on the train.

"Oh, much better! ...Don't look at me like that, I'll fix em when we get there-"

When the door swung open, Nadia breathed a soft sigh of relief. The tips of her ears were slightly red.

"Hey, come in, we've got beats and the Wifi's good!"
Damla | Griffindor | Hogwarts Express | Interacting with: Nadia and Lin @CirqueDuBestial @sadcreme

Damla grinned and walked into the compartment, closing the door behind her. "Cool!" she said as she sat down. "I'm Damla, from the continent, nice to meet you all!"

She then looked more closely at the boy and was a bit worried that he'll just topple over. "I can put a silencing ward around you if you need to take a nap. I'm told that I'm rather loud." She offered.
Damla | Griffindor | Hogwarts Express | Interacting with: Nadia and Lin @CirqueDuBestial @sadcreme

Damla grinned and walked into the compartment, closing the door behind her. "Cool!" she said as she sat down. "I'm Damla, from the continent, nice to meet you all!"

She then looked more closely at the boy and was a bit worried that he'll just topple over. "I can put a silencing ward around you if you need to take a nap. I'm told that I'm rather loud." She offered.
pNeMP39.pngMLACkpO.pngkKWypF0.pngnNnmo6E.png4zBL86C.png
Lin l Hufflepuff l Hogwarts Express l Interacting with: Damla, and Nadia (@Zaviei and @CirqueDuBestial)

"hEy,"Lin said, as Nadia ripped the earbuds from his head. Sighing in defeat, he walked over to her side and sat next to her. As the sound filled the room he squeaked in surprise. It was just sO loud. He flushed in embarassment as the door opened.

"My music sucks. Your choice to come in and listen,"He said, ruffling his messy hair. It covered his eyes slightly, but seeing less of the world was better. Using the wifi, he googled some stuff about the university, as he didn't really feel like reading about the university in the past month or two. He checked his schedule, and read over some supplies that he may or may not have forgotten. Lin sighed, and decided that he'd just steal it from someone else.

"That's okay,"Lin replied, not wanting to have Damla to waste her energy on him.

His head dropped for a second, and he almost fell asleep. Almost. Sighing, he shook his head once more, and pulled out a some candy from his pocket.

"Here,"Lin said, holding it out to the two,"I don't want to be the only one eating."
Lin l Hufflepuff l Hogwarts Express l Interacting with: Damla, and Nadia (@Zaviei and @CirqueDuBestial)

"hEy,"Lin said, as Nadia ripped the earbuds from his head. Sighing in defeat, he walked over to her side and sat next to her. As the sound filled the room he squeaked in surprise. It was just sO loud. He flushed in embarassment as the door opened.

"My music sucks. Your choice to come in and listen,"He said, ruffling his messy hair. It covered his eyes slightly, but seeing less of the world was better. Using the wifi, he googled some stuff about the university, as he didn't really feel like reading about the university in the past month or two. He checked his schedule, and read over some supplies that he may or may not have forgotten. Lin sighed, and decided that he'd just steal it from someone else.

"That's okay,"Lin replied, not wanting to have Damla to waste her energy on him.

His head dropped for a second, and he almost fell asleep. Almost. Sighing, he shook his head once more, and pulled out a some candy from his pocket.

"Here,"Lin said, holding it out to the two,"I don't want to be the only one eating."
Oceanus Stella| Slytherin|Hogwarts Express|Open to interaction

Oceanus wove through the corridors making his way to an empty compartment. Walking inside, he curled up on a seat and pulled out his computer, playing some soft music through his headphones.
"I wonder what's in store for me this year... "
Then he started to doze off.
Oceanus Stella| Slytherin|Hogwarts Express|Open to interaction

Oceanus wove through the corridors making his way to an empty compartment. Walking inside, he curled up on a seat and pulled out his computer, playing some soft music through his headphones.
"I wonder what's in store for me this year... "
Then he started to doze off.
BNy42UW.pngoKgCGqL.pnghzemmQf.png
Eleanor | Gryffindor | Hogwarts Express | Open to interaction
Eleanor threaded her way through the rather crowded corridors of the Hogwarts Express, silently wishing she could use a muffling charm on the incessant chatter of the students. To add to that, she had left her favourite quill at home and now would be too late to apparate back and grab it. Her tabby, Kirsames, was curled up on the opposite seat, dozing gently, but occasionally waking up to check for potential threats. He still didn't trust her very much, but would cozy up to her in exchange for food.
She pulled out her laptop and earphones, putting up some MCR music and updating her travel blog. "I sincerely hope there isn't going to be a lot of homework this year, or I might consider jumping off the Owlery tower."
And with that, she started typing.
Eleanor | Gryffindor | Hogwarts Express | Open to interaction
Eleanor threaded her way through the rather crowded corridors of the Hogwarts Express, silently wishing she could use a muffling charm on the incessant chatter of the students. To add to that, she had left her favourite quill at home and now would be too late to apparate back and grab it. Her tabby, Kirsames, was curled up on the opposite seat, dozing gently, but occasionally waking up to check for potential threats. He still didn't trust her very much, but would cozy up to her in exchange for food.
She pulled out her laptop and earphones, putting up some MCR music and updating her travel blog. "I sincerely hope there isn't going to be a lot of homework this year, or I might consider jumping off the Owlery tower."
And with that, she started typing.
bfbf2a0f859f7366d61e4d75eb1520e9.png cc58de6c868a8e0af7b39907c4bd948f.png f689ce8ae278379c13e81ec9af84bb91.png
@AeolianOakdown
Oceanus|Slytherin|Hogwarts Express|Interacting with Eleanor
Oceanus had ended up taking a nap for an hour and woke up to Noctis, Dies, and Libra pawing at his hand and face. Sitting up, he sighed and stretched before walking out of the compartment with his cats.
"What?" He asked looking down to his cats. They just sniffed and walked in front of him, pausing in front of another compartment and peering inside. Oceanus sighed and looked in to see a girl with a cat. Noctis managed to open the door and walked inside flanked by Dies and Libra.
"Hey! Noctis, Dies, Libra!" Looking to the girl, he frowned as he stepped inside to retrieve his familiars.
"I apologize about them. They seem to have wanted to meet your Tabby, Ms......?"
@AeolianOakdown
Oceanus|Slytherin|Hogwarts Express|Interacting with Eleanor
Oceanus had ended up taking a nap for an hour and woke up to Noctis, Dies, and Libra pawing at his hand and face. Sitting up, he sighed and stretched before walking out of the compartment with his cats.
"What?" He asked looking down to his cats. They just sniffed and walked in front of him, pausing in front of another compartment and peering inside. Oceanus sighed and looked in to see a girl with a cat. Noctis managed to open the door and walked inside flanked by Dies and Libra.
"Hey! Noctis, Dies, Libra!" Looking to the girl, he frowned as he stepped inside to retrieve his familiars.
"I apologize about them. They seem to have wanted to meet your Tabby, Ms......?"
BNy42UW.pngoKgCGqL.pnghzemmQf.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10