Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Athena Valley RP Thread (Gathering)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@SwootleDootle

Petalbreeze, Queen of Leafclan

“Dead?!” Petalbreeze’s eyes widened in shock. She hadn’t expected this! The noble and wise leader, Dead by Leafclan?! She lowered her ears. “That was her last life?” She breathed, trying to calm herself down, her eyes bereft. “ Oh no.... “She paused, grasping at words to say. “ At least Yewchirp could perhaps continue her legacy... Hang on, I need some time to think. “ She padded to the prey pile, her tail drooping.
@SwootleDootle

Petalbreeze, Queen of Leafclan

“Dead?!” Petalbreeze’s eyes widened in shock. She hadn’t expected this! The noble and wise leader, Dead by Leafclan?! She lowered her ears. “That was her last life?” She breathed, trying to calm herself down, her eyes bereft. “ Oh no.... “She paused, grasping at words to say. “ At least Yewchirp could perhaps continue her legacy... Hang on, I need some time to think. “ She padded to the prey pile, her tail drooping.
Thunderstar | She-cat | 67 moons | Cragclan Camp

Thunderstar perked up her ears at the mention of the patrols. She listened curiously to see who would get picked. When she heard it was Littlefeather, she thought that Whitethroat had made a good choice. She sighed and rose to her paws, it was time for her to get moving if the patrols were being assigned. She leapt off the Great Rock and padded over to the small cave that belonged to the clan's medicine cat, Snakestripe. Spotting him sorting herbs alongside Grayfeather, she called out, "Do you need any help?"

Smokewisp | Tom | 25 moons | Leafclan Camp

Smokewisp began to cheer for his older littermate, not even blinking at the suspicious look Yewchirp gave him. If he thought that the spotted tom would ever betray him then he was dead wrong. Smokewisp was loyal to every last bone and would never betray any of his clanmates, especially not his brother. He would rather die. Which is what would happen if he told any of them the truth anyways. Besides, why did it matter how it happened? They were much better off with a young, strong leader that would finally put Cragclan in its place. Thunderstar was not the youngest leader in the clans anymore, and she would dominate Leafclan no longer.

Thunderstar perked up her ears at the mention of the patrols. She listened curiously to see who would get picked. When she heard it was Littlefeather, she thought that Whitethroat had made a good choice. She sighed and rose to her paws, it was time for her to get moving if the patrols were being assigned. She leapt off the Great Rock and padded over to the small cave that belonged to the clan's medicine cat, Snakestripe. Spotting him sorting herbs alongside Grayfeather, she called out, "Do you need any help?"

Smokewisp began to cheer for his older littermate, not even blinking at the suspicious look Yewchirp gave him. If he thought that the spotted tom would ever betray him then he was dead wrong. Smokewisp was loyal to every last bone and would never betray any of his clanmates, especially not his brother. He would rather die. Which is what would happen if he told any of them the truth anyways. Besides, why did it matter how it happened? They were much better off with a young, strong leader that would finally put Cragclan in its place. Thunderstar was not the youngest leader in the clans anymore, and she would dominate Leafclan no longer.
V2NoKel.gif Kalo/77/Gray
-
they/he
-
proud apologist of the vampiric and otherwise monstrous
d06f102e-8da9-11eb-95dc-fbcfa2166c2d.gif
@Demonchild77 ( Tomorrow we can separate the two clans into different threads so some secret planning can go on hehehheheheheehh )

Snakestripe

“ Hm? “ Snakestripe perked up at the sound of their leader’s voice. “ Oh! Sure, we just got back from a huge haul of herbs. I think these would be helpful in case.. in case anyone gets hurt. “ They pointed out the differences between the different leaves and what they’re useful for and showed how to wrap it in a neat bundle. “ There’s still quite a bit left, but with your help, it should be done in a heartbeat! “
@Demonchild77 ( Tomorrow we can separate the two clans into different threads so some secret planning can go on hehehheheheheehh )

Snakestripe

“ Hm? “ Snakestripe perked up at the sound of their leader’s voice. “ Oh! Sure, we just got back from a huge haul of herbs. I think these would be helpful in case.. in case anyone gets hurt. “ They pointed out the differences between the different leaves and what they’re useful for and showed how to wrap it in a neat bundle. “ There’s still quite a bit left, but with your help, it should be done in a heartbeat! “
(I didn't realize that there was a thread yet D: Sorry!)

Skyfang yawns and slowly blinks her eyes open, stretching and groaning gently. "Ugh..." She sits up, licking her paw gently, looking around, stretching and groaning a little gently. "Where's everyone?" She mutters, standing and stretching.
(I didn't realize that there was a thread yet D: Sorry!)

Skyfang yawns and slowly blinks her eyes open, stretching and groaning gently. "Ugh..." She sits up, licking her paw gently, looking around, stretching and groaning a little gently. "Where's everyone?" She mutters, standing and stretching.
(Interaction ping for Littlefeather: @Phelsuma )
Littlefeather, Cragclan Warrior
Nodding his head in acknowledgement to the other, Littlefeather kept the thought of prey at the back of his mind. It was important, sure, but it could wait until on their journey back to the camp. For now, the cream hued tom decided to keep his focus on checking the moors. And luckily, it wasn't too long until they approached said area, as the sandy terrain under the warrior’s paws was all too familiar to him. He could recall various times of training here with his mentor, along with his dearest sister, Flowerpaw, who was always so eager and willing to learn new things. Still, those memories gave small little ****** in Littlefeather’s heart the more he thought about it, and simply shook his head to regain his grasp on reality. He couldn't be daydreaming-- no, reminiscing about the past, not at this given point in time, that is.

However, something in the distance seemed to catch the warrior’s eye, and he raised his ears as curiosity crossed his features. Turning his head towards Fogstep, he nodded towards the unknown creature in the distance. “You see that too, don't you?” He asked, concern lacing his words as he turned his head back towards the… Thing. Part of his mind told him that approaching was the exact opposite of a good idea, but Littlefeather knew it was necessary to investigate, and investigate he did. Taking a deep breath, the cream hued tom regained his cool as he padded towards the figure that steadily grew more clearer the more he approached, and soon enough, he was close enough to realize that this wasn't just any dead animal lying in the sand, but a clan cat. Freezing in his steps as he took in the sight before him, the fur on Littlefeather’s back stood as he processed what, and who it was. “By Starclan… This isn't Leafclan’s leader, is it? It-- it can't be, I--” He cut himself off abruptly, sapphire eyes wide in both fear and shock. What could have happened here? Was the only question to cross his mind as he stood, simply paralyzed in shock.
Nodding his head in acknowledgement to the other, Littlefeather kept the thought of prey at the back of his mind. It was important, sure, but it could wait until on their journey back to the camp. For now, the cream hued tom decided to keep his focus on checking the moors. And luckily, it wasn't too long until they approached said area, as the sandy terrain under the warrior’s paws was all too familiar to him. He could recall various times of training here with his mentor, along with his dearest sister, Flowerpaw, who was always so eager and willing to learn new things. Still, those memories gave small little ****** in Littlefeather’s heart the more he thought about it, and simply shook his head to regain his grasp on reality. He couldn't be daydreaming-- no, reminiscing about the past, not at this given point in time, that is.

However, something in the distance seemed to catch the warrior’s eye, and he raised his ears as curiosity crossed his features. Turning his head towards Fogstep, he nodded towards the unknown creature in the distance. “You see that too, don't you?” He asked, concern lacing his words as he turned his head back towards the… Thing. Part of his mind told him that approaching was the exact opposite of a good idea, but Littlefeather knew it was necessary to investigate, and investigate he did. Taking a deep breath, the cream hued tom regained his cool as he padded towards the figure that steadily grew more clearer the more he approached, and soon enough, he was close enough to realize that this wasn't just any dead animal lying in the sand, but a clan cat. Freezing in his steps as he took in the sight before him, the fur on Littlefeather’s back stood as he processed what, and who it was. “By Starclan… This isn't Leafclan’s leader, is it? It-- it can't be, I--” He cut himself off abruptly, sapphire eyes wide in both fear and shock. What could have happened here? Was the only question to cross his mind as he stood, simply paralyzed in shock.
Discord: .xielian | he/him | FR+2 | gay rights alone will save our clan
U58SZuw.jpg
Blinking a few times just to regain his grasp on reality, Littlefeather took a deep breath before turning his sapphire gaze towards Fogstep, who seemed to be a decent voice of reason for the many thought and feelings swirling around in his head at that given point in time. Nodding his head, the cream hued tom couldn't help but agree. “I-- you're right, Thunderstar must know of this immediately.” He repeated, mostly to himself in a soft tone as he couldn't seem to be rid of the image that would be temporarily burned into his head. Taking a moment to shake off his pelt, Littlefeather finally turned around to head back to camp, but not without making sure the other two were following. Prey would have to wait, this sudden matter of a mysterious death was far too important. Besides, such an event meant that the warrior would not be able to bring himself to eat for a few days, simply being too fearful by such a heinous crime. He walked with his head down, but eyes still forward so he knew where he was going. As his tail dragged lightly behind him, questions surged the cream hued tom’s mind all the while.

“What do you think happened to her?” Littlefeather eventually asked, abruptly breaking the silence with the want, no, the need to know the unknown. And how would they explain what happened to Thunderstar? Seeing as how the warrior wanted to think it was just his imagination, another part of him knew that it was the harsh reality. Leafclan’s leader had fallen.
Blinking a few times just to regain his grasp on reality, Littlefeather took a deep breath before turning his sapphire gaze towards Fogstep, who seemed to be a decent voice of reason for the many thought and feelings swirling around in his head at that given point in time. Nodding his head, the cream hued tom couldn't help but agree. “I-- you're right, Thunderstar must know of this immediately.” He repeated, mostly to himself in a soft tone as he couldn't seem to be rid of the image that would be temporarily burned into his head. Taking a moment to shake off his pelt, Littlefeather finally turned around to head back to camp, but not without making sure the other two were following. Prey would have to wait, this sudden matter of a mysterious death was far too important. Besides, such an event meant that the warrior would not be able to bring himself to eat for a few days, simply being too fearful by such a heinous crime. He walked with his head down, but eyes still forward so he knew where he was going. As his tail dragged lightly behind him, questions surged the cream hued tom’s mind all the while.

“What do you think happened to her?” Littlefeather eventually asked, abruptly breaking the silence with the want, no, the need to know the unknown. And how would they explain what happened to Thunderstar? Seeing as how the warrior wanted to think it was just his imagination, another part of him knew that it was the harsh reality. Leafclan’s leader had fallen.
U58SZuw.jpg
made another rando npc sorry
Marrowpelt
leafclan camp
----

The warrior felt himself stiffen at the words. Canyonstar was dead. Something similar to distress shot through him, and he closed his eyes in irritation and to retain an appearance of slight boredom. Canyonstar, dead. The queen had certaintly been older, her lives dwindling as well. But she had always been kind and agreeable. 'Aside from, of course, Yewchirp.' he mused, finally sitting down as the soon-to-be leader continued with his spiel. Their personalities differed in many ways, and while they were a powerful duo, Marrowpelt had no doubt that they had argued at least once about a way to go about things, just from looking at how the two operated.

The concept of a dead Canyonstar still lingered on him. Marrowpelt's father, Adderstep, had been only a moon old when the leader before her - Dewstar, who he only remembered to be a very large yellow queen - died. The fact that any CragClan cat would stoop so low as to kill her was... not as surprising as Marrowpelt first thought, but still odd. He was shaken out of his thoughts as his clanmates began to celebrate. Robinflight, Brightgaze, and Smokewisp in particular had wild looks of relief and joy on their faces, while Petalbreeze and Hailrunner looked shocked and a little cautious. Marrowpelt himself remained reticent, dipping his head in respect to Yewchirp before watching the tom pad towards the nursery. The white tom followed shortly after. "When do you two plan on leaving?" Marrowpelt asks, albeit awkwardly, raising his voice towards Frostlight as well.

direct pings; @EmeraldWaters ; @TimeOblivion
made another rando npc sorry
Marrowpelt
leafclan camp
----

The warrior felt himself stiffen at the words. Canyonstar was dead. Something similar to distress shot through him, and he closed his eyes in irritation and to retain an appearance of slight boredom. Canyonstar, dead. The queen had certaintly been older, her lives dwindling as well. But she had always been kind and agreeable. 'Aside from, of course, Yewchirp.' he mused, finally sitting down as the soon-to-be leader continued with his spiel. Their personalities differed in many ways, and while they were a powerful duo, Marrowpelt had no doubt that they had argued at least once about a way to go about things, just from looking at how the two operated.

The concept of a dead Canyonstar still lingered on him. Marrowpelt's father, Adderstep, had been only a moon old when the leader before her - Dewstar, who he only remembered to be a very large yellow queen - died. The fact that any CragClan cat would stoop so low as to kill her was... not as surprising as Marrowpelt first thought, but still odd. He was shaken out of his thoughts as his clanmates began to celebrate. Robinflight, Brightgaze, and Smokewisp in particular had wild looks of relief and joy on their faces, while Petalbreeze and Hailrunner looked shocked and a little cautious. Marrowpelt himself remained reticent, dipping his head in respect to Yewchirp before watching the tom pad towards the nursery. The white tom followed shortly after. "When do you two plan on leaving?" Marrowpelt asks, albeit awkwardly, raising his voice towards Frostlight as well.

direct pings; @EmeraldWaters ; @TimeOblivion
banner_grimm.png
Frostlight / She-cat / Medicine cat / Leafclan

Frostlight padded over towards the nursery, following Yewchirp, or, rather, Yewstar. "Tonight might be best, since the weather is clear. We don't want to risk getting held back by rain. I just got back from collecting herbs, and if you'll wait a bit, I'll have them put away and be ready to go soon." She had a tone of respectful seriousness, but also slight caution. In truth, she didn't know Yewchirp all that well, and she was unsure of what kind of leader he would be. She decided right then that she would have to consult Starclan during the trip as well. Perhaps they'd have information that might help her. "Also, Canyonstar deserves a burial. And I might be able to identify the killer if I can see her, um.." She hesitated, having trouble imagining Canyonstar lifeless and limp, then swallowed and continued, "I might be able to find out the killer if I can look at her body. Do you know where she is?"

Whitethroat / Tom / Deputy / Cragclan

Whitethroat sent out another hunting patrol in the opposite direction (a patrol of npcs). He stretched his muscular limbs, leaping back down as the clan dispersed, carrying on with their activities and chores for the day. He growled in annoyance as a few kits tumbled past, tackling eachother, and they squeaked and scurried away, now whispering. He rolled his eyes, and sat, licking at a paw. As he licked the dust from his paw and limb, he decided he should check in with Thunderstar. He stood, glancing around to look for Cragclan's leader.

Frostlight / She-cat / Medicine cat / Leafclan

Frostlight padded over towards the nursery, following Yewchirp, or, rather, Yewstar. "Tonight might be best, since the weather is clear. We don't want to risk getting held back by rain. I just got back from collecting herbs, and if you'll wait a bit, I'll have them put away and be ready to go soon." She had a tone of respectful seriousness, but also slight caution. In truth, she didn't know Yewchirp all that well, and she was unsure of what kind of leader he would be. She decided right then that she would have to consult Starclan during the trip as well. Perhaps they'd have information that might help her. "Also, Canyonstar deserves a burial. And I might be able to identify the killer if I can see her, um.." She hesitated, having trouble imagining Canyonstar lifeless and limp, then swallowed and continued, "I might be able to find out the killer if I can look at her body. Do you know where she is?"

Whitethroat / Tom / Deputy / Cragclan

Whitethroat sent out another hunting patrol in the opposite direction (a patrol of npcs). He stretched his muscular limbs, leaping back down as the clan dispersed, carrying on with their activities and chores for the day. He growled in annoyance as a few kits tumbled past, tackling eachother, and they squeaked and scurried away, now whispering. He rolled his eyes, and sat, licking at a paw. As he licked the dust from his paw and limb, he decided he should check in with Thunderstar. He stood, glancing around to look for Cragclan's leader.

(Interaction ping for Littlefeather: @Phelsuma and @DemonChild77 )
The answers that the cream hued tom was met with wasn't quite the answers he had hoped to hear, but also understood that any of those options could very well be possible, even if the mere thought of them sent chills down his spine. Hopefully Leafclan can manage without their leader… And here I thought that today would just be plain and ordinary, nothing odd or frightening to come of it. I suppose I was wrong. Littlefeather thought to himself, the obvious look in his sapphire eyes still being one of shock as he thought through the many scenarios of what could have happened. All he could do was pray to Starclan that their leader would indeed have better insight. The thought of being able to hear what Thunderstar had to say seemed to give the warrior a small burst of energy, and he continued along the sandy path, albeit with a little more haste as camp was a mere breath away. Hopefully they could catch Thunderstar at a decent time, one where she was not busy or surrounded by other clanmates-- this would be a matter best kept as a secret before a certain answer could be given.

And as the trio finally made it back into camp, Littlefeather took a moment to glance around the camp before his sapphire eyes fell upon the bright, familiar pelt of their respected leader. Within a heartbeat, the cream hued tom flicked his tail as a motion for Fogstep to follow as he shortly made his way to Thunderstar. “Ah, Thunderstar, may we speak to you in private? It's… Important matters that me and Fogstep think you should hear.” Littlefeather spoke calmly, barely managing to hide the fact that he was, internally, anything but calm.
(Interaction ping for Littlefeather: @Phelsuma and @DemonChild77 )
The answers that the cream hued tom was met with wasn't quite the answers he had hoped to hear, but also understood that any of those options could very well be possible, even if the mere thought of them sent chills down his spine. Hopefully Leafclan can manage without their leader… And here I thought that today would just be plain and ordinary, nothing odd or frightening to come of it. I suppose I was wrong. Littlefeather thought to himself, the obvious look in his sapphire eyes still being one of shock as he thought through the many scenarios of what could have happened. All he could do was pray to Starclan that their leader would indeed have better insight. The thought of being able to hear what Thunderstar had to say seemed to give the warrior a small burst of energy, and he continued along the sandy path, albeit with a little more haste as camp was a mere breath away. Hopefully they could catch Thunderstar at a decent time, one where she was not busy or surrounded by other clanmates-- this would be a matter best kept as a secret before a certain answer could be given.

And as the trio finally made it back into camp, Littlefeather took a moment to glance around the camp before his sapphire eyes fell upon the bright, familiar pelt of their respected leader. Within a heartbeat, the cream hued tom flicked his tail as a motion for Fogstep to follow as he shortly made his way to Thunderstar. “Ah, Thunderstar, may we speak to you in private? It's… Important matters that me and Fogstep think you should hear.” Littlefeather spoke calmly, barely managing to hide the fact that he was, internally, anything but calm.
U58SZuw.jpg

Thunderstar's ears pricked up upon hearing her name. She meowed a quick apology to Snakestripe before turning and walking over to the returned cats from the patrol. Worry pricked at her pelt, but she didn't allow it to show on her face. She began towards her den, and beckoned for the others to follow. A thousand thoughts buzzed inside her head, most of them were not pleasant. Sitting down in the dimly lit cave, she meowed evenly, "Now what is it you would like to discuss?"

Smokewisp nodded intently, anticipation filling him. He looked around, wondering who to take hunting. Many of the cats still looked shocked, a few looked angry, and others like him had an aura of glee around them, although they were obviously trying to conceal it. All of this would be for the better, they just didn't know it yet. All would be well in the long run.

Thunderstar's ears pricked up upon hearing her name. She meowed a quick apology to Snakestripe before turning and walking over to the returned cats from the patrol. Worry pricked at her pelt, but she didn't allow it to show on her face. She began towards her den, and beckoned for the others to follow. A thousand thoughts buzzed inside her head, most of them were not pleasant. Sitting down in the dimly lit cave, she meowed evenly, "Now what is it you would like to discuss?"

Smokewisp nodded intently, anticipation filling him. He looked around, wondering who to take hunting. Many of the cats still looked shocked, a few looked angry, and others like him had an aura of glee around them, although they were obviously trying to conceal it. All of this would be for the better, they just didn't know it yet. All would be well in the long run.
V2NoKel.gif Kalo/77/Gray
-
they/he
-
proud apologist of the vampiric and otherwise monstrous
d06f102e-8da9-11eb-95dc-fbcfa2166c2d.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7