Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Shift (1x1 w/ Polyhymnia)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
@Polyhymnia I've subscribed already, so no need to ping [i]While driving home on a quiet backstreet, Muse A spots a wounded animal on the side of the road. Having a soft spot for suffering creatures, Muse A pulls over and scoops the animal up into the backseat of their car. Muse A drives home with the good intention of nursing the poor animal back to health, unaware that the animal (Muse B) is really a shapeshifter. After making a comfortable place for Muse B to sleep, Muse A heads off to bed. By morning, Muse B is feeling a bit better and they shift back into their human form just as Muse A enters the room to check up on them. Muse B tries their best to explain what’s going on without terrifying Muse A. According to shapeshifter law, Muse B now owes Muse A their loyalty and must stay with them until the debt is repaid.[/i] So, as discussed in the PM, you'll play the shapeshifter female and I'll play the human guy. I'll go ahead and sign up my character to kind of give an outline for your own (if you need it). Also, for your own character, you can choose whether it's only one creature they can shift into or multiple. I'll leave that up to you. [center][img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e8/e7/b3/e8e7b339e64ba7ef0cba5bf0b3dcc98b.gif[/img][/center] Name: Jordan Matthews Age: 22 Family: Father left this mother when he was born, younger half-sister and step-father History: Jordan had not been planned, he was an accident. His mother got pregnant fresh out of high school with her boyfriend, who didn't want to be a father but tried it. He only stayed for nine months but left two days before the baby was born. Heather, his mother, raised him for three years before marrying a doctor and they had a baby girl a year and a half later. Jordan was an A+ student who learned that if you wanted something, you had to do it yourself. He was quarterback for his football and got scholarship money for being his school's star athlete. Once he graduated, he jumped right into college, earning his bachelor's degree as a veterinary when he was 21. Unable to find work right away but still wanting to live on his own, he moved to a small city and has been working as a volunteer in the animal shelter for the last year or so, as well as part time as a barista in the local coffee shop just down the road. Personality: Jordan is quite open about himself, not wanting to keep secrets from anyone since he knows that they can hurt people. He likes to joke around and tries to make everyone smile, even when he himself is hurting. Jordan loves animals (obviously) and has a soft spot for them. He treats them like they're people. Doesn't have many friends, since it can sometimes take him awhile to trust people, but he his loyal to a fault. (Alright, here's my post) Jordan the door to the coffee shop, turning and locking it quickly. As usual, he'd been the one to lock up as he always took the later shifts, not wanting to keep people away from their families. The shop usually stayed open till at least midnight, but Monday nights were always slow and so the owner had him close up at 9, or any time he felt, really. Zipping up his jacket and shouldering his backpack, he turned and began heading down the sidewalk, street lamps lighting the way. The city noise was still present, though it was quieter, the occasional car whizzing by. Jordan had a bike that he would sometimes take when he needed to go somewhere, but the nice weather was just too good to pass up. The last of the winter snow had melted last week and spring was finally beginning to show it's face again. The sky was dark, though it was only about six o'clock. Coming to a crossroads, Jordan hesitated, wondering if he should take the more direct route towards home or a not-exactly-short-cut through the park. He chose the latter and turned the corner, heading somewhat further from his small house and towards the park. It wasn't well taken care of, since the grass needed cutting constantly and flower beds needed weeding, but it was comfortable and rarely used by majority of the people living in the city. Which made it all the more appealing to Jordan. As he walked further from the hustle and bustle of the city, the sounds of the park reached his ears: crickets chirping, frogs at the large pond croaking every once in awhile, and, if he listened hard enough, he could hear the hoot of an owl. All in all, it was a good night to take a walk through the quiet space, enjoying the beginnings of spring and the end of winter.
@Polyhymnia I've subscribed already, so no need to ping

While driving home on a quiet backstreet, Muse A spots a wounded animal on the side of the road. Having a soft spot for suffering creatures, Muse A pulls over and scoops the animal up into the backseat of their car. Muse A drives home with the good intention of nursing the poor animal back to health, unaware that the animal (Muse B) is really a shapeshifter. After making a comfortable place for Muse B to sleep, Muse A heads off to bed. By morning, Muse B is feeling a bit better and they shift back into their human form just as Muse A enters the room to check up on them. Muse B tries their best to explain what’s going on without terrifying Muse A. According to shapeshifter law, Muse B now owes Muse A their loyalty and must stay with them until the debt is repaid.

So, as discussed in the PM, you'll play the shapeshifter female and I'll play the human guy. I'll go ahead and sign up my character to kind of give an outline for your own (if you need it). Also, for your own character, you can choose whether it's only one creature they can shift into or multiple. I'll leave that up to you.
e8e7b339e64ba7ef0cba5bf0b3dcc98b.gif
Name: Jordan Matthews
Family: Father left this mother when he was born, younger half-sister and step-father
History: Jordan had not been planned, he was an accident. His mother got pregnant fresh out of high school with her boyfriend, who didn't want to be a father but tried it. He only stayed for nine months but left two days before the baby was born. Heather, his mother, raised him for three years before marrying a doctor and they had a baby girl a year and a half later. Jordan was an A+ student who learned that if you wanted something, you had to do it yourself. He was quarterback for his football and got scholarship money for being his school's star athlete. Once he graduated, he jumped right into college, earning his bachelor's degree as a veterinary when he was 21. Unable to find work right away but still wanting to live on his own, he moved to a small city and has been working as a volunteer in the animal shelter for the last year or so, as well as part time as a barista in the local coffee shop just down the road.
Personality: Jordan is quite open about himself, not wanting to keep secrets from anyone since he knows that they can hurt people. He likes to joke around and tries to make everyone smile, even when he himself is hurting. Jordan loves animals (obviously) and has a soft spot for them. He treats them like they're people. Doesn't have many friends, since it can sometimes take him awhile to trust people, but he his loyal to a fault.

(Alright, here's my post)

Jordan the door to the coffee shop, turning and locking it quickly. As usual, he'd been the one to lock up as he always took the later shifts, not wanting to keep people away from their families. The shop usually stayed open till at least midnight, but Monday nights were always slow and so the owner had him close up at 9, or any time he felt, really. Zipping up his jacket and shouldering his backpack, he turned and began heading down the sidewalk, street lamps lighting the way. The city noise was still present, though it was quieter, the occasional car whizzing by. Jordan had a bike that he would sometimes take when he needed to go somewhere, but the nice weather was just too good to pass up. The last of the winter snow had melted last week and spring was finally beginning to show it's face again.

The sky was dark, though it was only about six o'clock. Coming to a crossroads, Jordan hesitated, wondering if he should take the more direct route towards home or a not-exactly-short-cut through the park. He chose the latter and turned the corner, heading somewhat further from his small house and towards the park. It wasn't well taken care of, since the grass needed cutting constantly and flower beds needed weeding, but it was comfortable and rarely used by majority of the people living in the city. Which made it all the more appealing to Jordan. As he walked further from the hustle and bustle of the city, the sounds of the park reached his ears: crickets chirping, frogs at the large pond croaking every once in awhile, and, if he listened hard enough, he could hear the hoot of an owl.

All in all, it was a good night to take a walk through the quiet space, enjoying the beginnings of spring and the end of winter.
lore_shop_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn59e.pngsmol_shadow_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn6i4.pngwish_list_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn59j.png
((I've subscribed as well!)) I like the idea of her being able to shift into different types of animals. She sticks mainly to a small blue bird though. [img]http://i.imgur.com/gpGqxAMt.jpg[/img][url=http://imgur.com/UYsHmuN][img]http://i.imgur.com/UYsHmuNm.jpg[/img][/url] [b]Name:[/b] Samia (Sam) Kelis [b]Age:[/b] 20 [b]Family:[/b] Two older brothers. Both parents left when they were both young. [b]History:[/b] Sam doesn't know (but highly suspects) that her parents were killed when she was young and that is why they never returned. Never once has she attended human school, though that doesn't make her unintelligent. She has always been highly interested in books or any type of writing. She is able to communicate with most types of animals at least on a small level. To make money she spends her days working in a small bookstore at the edge of town. The owner there is old and doesn't seem to notice when she takes days off unexpectedly and the two of them exchange stories. [b]Personality:[/b] Sam is sarcastic to no end. When she first meets a person she can be a little bit snappy or short with them though without realizing it, which tends to push most people away. When she realizes that a person is not going to leave she tends to open a little bit more. It takes her quite a bit of time to actually be able to trust people, though she is certainly someone who can be trusted. Sam is someone that anyone would want if they were in distress because she will do anything to help people in need once they have wormed their way into her heart. (sorry for the wait!) [i]The sky was going dark.[/i] Sam should have already been home. There was no reason for her to still be out here. Her brothers were always scolding her that she stayed out too late, especially in her preferred form. But she could never deny herself the feeling of flying for very long before she was up in the air once again. For some reason though she paid her brother's warnings no mind. She had never run into any major problems. There had been a few times where she had run into a few territorial squirrels but all it took was her shifting into something a little bit larger for them to leave her alone. It was always that simple She dove down low to the ground to inspect something shiny that had caught her eye, but before she knew it she was hit with something heavy and forced into the ground. Panic set in and she squirmed beneath the thing that held her down. It was.. a [i]paw[/i]? A loud chirp escaped her as she squirmed more, forcing herself free from beneath the paw that held her. When she was finally free she hopped as quick as she could. The cat that had been lucky enough to hit her was delighted with the new game. She continued to chirp loudly, hopping along the ground. When she tried to leap into the air and fly away she found herself unable to move her left wing. Panic. It was the only thing that filled her mind once again. If she couldn't fly then she couldn't get away. More importantly if she was hurt hen she couldn't change forms. She was stuck as a bird. Tucking her wing as tightly as she could against her side she hopped away frantically. There had to be something [i]anything [/i] that she could hide underneath. The two of them were probably making quite a ruckus between Sam's chirping and hopping and the cat pouncing at her when it felt like she was getting just a little too far out of reach.
((I've subscribed as well!))

I like the idea of her being able to shift into different types of animals. She sticks mainly to a small blue bird though.
gpGqxAMt.jpgUYsHmuNm.jpg

Name: Samia (Sam) Kelis
Family: Two older brothers. Both parents left when they were both young.
History: Sam doesn't know (but highly suspects) that her parents were killed when she was young and that is why they never returned. Never once has she attended human school, though that doesn't make her unintelligent. She has always been highly interested in books or any type of writing. She is able to communicate with most types of animals at least on a small level. To make money she spends her days working in a small bookstore at the edge of town. The owner there is old and doesn't seem to notice when she takes days off unexpectedly and the two of them exchange stories.
Personality: Sam is sarcastic to no end. When she first meets a person she can be a little bit snappy or short with them though without realizing it, which tends to push most people away. When she realizes that a person is not going to leave she tends to open a little bit more. It takes her quite a bit of time to actually be able to trust people, though she is certainly someone who can be trusted. Sam is someone that anyone would want if they were in distress because she will do anything to help people in need once they have wormed their way into her heart.

(sorry for the wait!)

The sky was going dark. Sam should have already been home. There was no reason for her to still be out here. Her brothers were always scolding her that she stayed out too late, especially in her preferred form. But she could never deny herself the feeling of flying for very long before she was up in the air once again. For some reason though she paid her brother's warnings no mind. She had never run into any major problems. There had been a few times where she had run into a few territorial squirrels but all it took was her shifting into something a little bit larger for them to leave her alone. It was always that simple

She dove down low to the ground to inspect something shiny that had caught her eye, but before she knew it she was hit with something heavy and forced into the ground. Panic set in and she squirmed beneath the thing that held her down. It was.. a paw? A loud chirp escaped her as she squirmed more, forcing herself free from beneath the paw that held her. When she was finally free she hopped as quick as she could. The cat that had been lucky enough to hit her was delighted with the new game.

She continued to chirp loudly, hopping along the ground. When she tried to leap into the air and fly away she found herself unable to move her left wing. Panic. It was the only thing that filled her mind once again. If she couldn't fly then she couldn't get away. More importantly if she was hurt hen she couldn't change forms. She was stuck as a bird. Tucking her wing as tightly as she could against her side she hopped away frantically. There had to be something anything that she could hide underneath.

The two of them were probably making quite a ruckus between Sam's chirping and hopping and the cat pouncing at her when it felt like she was getting just a little too far out of reach.
(No problem)

As he strode through the park in the growing darkness, the sound of a distressed bird caught Jordan's attention. Figuring it was just a baby bird who'd fallen from it's nest, he searched for the source of the noise. The darkness and other night noises made it difficult to pinpoint exactly where the sound was coming from but the bright orange tabby pouncing at something did draw his attention. The cat was feral, evident by it's mangy fur and size, meaning it probably ate out of garbage cans and anything dead it could find and fit in it's mouth. With a sigh he prepared to turn away. The circle of life and all that. But then he saw what exactly the cat had been pouncing on. It was a little blue bird, bright against the darkness. He hadn't seen such a bird like that around here, meaning it was probably just flying through. What made Jordan turn back around and move forward though, was the fact that it's wing seemed to be injured. If the bird had been okay, he would have left it to fly away on it's own.

"Hey!" he shouted, moving forward swiftly. "Leave that little bird alone!" The cat turned around and hissed at him, hackles raised as it spat at him. When he continued to move forward the cat turned tail and ran, jumping over the injured bird and disappearing into the night. He watched where it had vanished for a moment, half expecting it to return. When there was no flash of orange he turned his attention to the little bird. It's wing was definitely injured, though he couldn't tell how badly. Crouching down and balancing on the balls of his feet, Jordan slowly reached his hands out towards the bird. "It's okay, you're safe now. That bad kitty's gone somewhere else now," he said calmly and kindly to the creature. He knew it couldn't understand him (he wasn't speaking bird, after all) but he knew that soothing and quiet voices helped animals to calm down. He was reluctant to pick the creature up immediately, since it had just experienced what mice usually go through when faced with a cat, so he merely cupped his hands around it, careful not to touch the blue feathers as that could just scare the creature further.
(No problem)

As he strode through the park in the growing darkness, the sound of a distressed bird caught Jordan's attention. Figuring it was just a baby bird who'd fallen from it's nest, he searched for the source of the noise. The darkness and other night noises made it difficult to pinpoint exactly where the sound was coming from but the bright orange tabby pouncing at something did draw his attention. The cat was feral, evident by it's mangy fur and size, meaning it probably ate out of garbage cans and anything dead it could find and fit in it's mouth. With a sigh he prepared to turn away. The circle of life and all that. But then he saw what exactly the cat had been pouncing on. It was a little blue bird, bright against the darkness. He hadn't seen such a bird like that around here, meaning it was probably just flying through. What made Jordan turn back around and move forward though, was the fact that it's wing seemed to be injured. If the bird had been okay, he would have left it to fly away on it's own.

"Hey!" he shouted, moving forward swiftly. "Leave that little bird alone!" The cat turned around and hissed at him, hackles raised as it spat at him. When he continued to move forward the cat turned tail and ran, jumping over the injured bird and disappearing into the night. He watched where it had vanished for a moment, half expecting it to return. When there was no flash of orange he turned his attention to the little bird. It's wing was definitely injured, though he couldn't tell how badly. Crouching down and balancing on the balls of his feet, Jordan slowly reached his hands out towards the bird. "It's okay, you're safe now. That bad kitty's gone somewhere else now," he said calmly and kindly to the creature. He knew it couldn't understand him (he wasn't speaking bird, after all) but he knew that soothing and quiet voices helped animals to calm down. He was reluctant to pick the creature up immediately, since it had just experienced what mice usually go through when faced with a cat, so he merely cupped his hands around it, careful not to touch the blue feathers as that could just scare the creature further.
lore_shop_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn59e.pngsmol_shadow_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn6i4.pngwish_list_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn59j.png
One would be surprised how much energy it took to keep from being eaten by a hungry cat. The volume of her chirps rose in volume the more energy she lost, it was almost like it was being stolen from inside of her. Right as Sam thought that she wasn't going to be able to hold out for much longer there was a loud yell. As much as it startled her it had definitely gotten the cat's attention away from her, at least for a moment. Wasting no time the small bird took the opportunity to hop in the opposite direction of the cat and more importantly the claws that seemed so keen on digging themselves into her.

Whatever the loud thing was was drawing closer, luckily for her the cat decided to take no chances and preferred to leave rather than take any more time with her. She was finally free. Of course, that thought didn't last very long before she was once again covered. The things that covered her this time didn't seem like they wanted to crush her at least. Hopping a few times she moved closer to the hands around her and gave the palm of one them a quick pinch with her beak. Skin. that meant that the cat had been scared away by a human. Or at least something that was in a current human state. She really didn't have much time to think about that before she toppled to the side. It felt like her heart was going to burst inside of her with the rapid pace that it was beating. Between the cat and the now human she had been through quite a night, and it wasn't even completely dark out yet.

There were so many possibilities as to what could happen to her now. Different scenarios kept rushing through her mind. Faster and faster, it was like she was on a spinning wheel. A human would barely be able to keep up with all the feelings inside of her now but this body simply wasn't up for it. She began to chirp quietly in a feeble way, it was really all she had energy for anymore.
One would be surprised how much energy it took to keep from being eaten by a hungry cat. The volume of her chirps rose in volume the more energy she lost, it was almost like it was being stolen from inside of her. Right as Sam thought that she wasn't going to be able to hold out for much longer there was a loud yell. As much as it startled her it had definitely gotten the cat's attention away from her, at least for a moment. Wasting no time the small bird took the opportunity to hop in the opposite direction of the cat and more importantly the claws that seemed so keen on digging themselves into her.

Whatever the loud thing was was drawing closer, luckily for her the cat decided to take no chances and preferred to leave rather than take any more time with her. She was finally free. Of course, that thought didn't last very long before she was once again covered. The things that covered her this time didn't seem like they wanted to crush her at least. Hopping a few times she moved closer to the hands around her and gave the palm of one them a quick pinch with her beak. Skin. that meant that the cat had been scared away by a human. Or at least something that was in a current human state. She really didn't have much time to think about that before she toppled to the side. It felt like her heart was going to burst inside of her with the rapid pace that it was beating. Between the cat and the now human she had been through quite a night, and it wasn't even completely dark out yet.

There were so many possibilities as to what could happen to her now. Different scenarios kept rushing through her mind. Faster and faster, it was like she was on a spinning wheel. A human would barely be able to keep up with all the feelings inside of her now but this body simply wasn't up for it. She began to chirp quietly in a feeble way, it was really all she had energy for anymore.
He jumped slightly as the bird nipped at his palm, though tried not to move his hands as that might distress the bird further. After a few more minutes of waiting, the little creature seemed to give up on trying to stay upright. Jordan cradled it in his cupped hands and stood up, looking about for some sort of nest. It could still have fallen from a nest and he would return it if he could. Searching in the gathering darkness however was difficult and eventually he gave up. With a shrug, he turned and continued on his original path which would take him back to his apartment if he didn't let himself get distracted. Which had already happened, as the evidence proving so currently lay cradled in his hands. The walk back home didn't seem to take as long as it normally did, which somewhat surprised him but he merely shrugged it off.

Gently moving the bird to one hand, he dug around in his back, which was awkward as he couldn't see what he was grabbing at. Eventually he found the keys to the building and unlocked the door, letting it close quietly behind him after entering. The elevator didn't work and no one had come in to fix it yet, meaning he had to take the stairs... all the way to the fourth floor. Standing at the base of the stairs, he groaned and brought the little blue bird closer to this face. "Sorry about the wait. My apartment's not exactly located in the best place, so you'll have to wait a little longer before I can fix our wing." With that said, Jordan began the trek up the stairs. He wasn't out of shape by any means, but climbing three flights of stairs would cause anyone to be a little breathless. He paused at the top, breathing heavier than he had been a few moments prior. The brunette glanced at the bird once more, worry flitting quickly across his face. Continuing the trek down the hallway, he unlocked his apartment and filed inside, closing the door behind him with a snap and locking it, flicking the lights on once he'd finished. His small kitchen lit up and he sighed, moving over to the counter. "Home tweet home," he said with a grin, laughing at his own pun for a moment.

After he'd finished laughing at his stupid joke, Jordan looked around the kitchen for a moment before his eyes landed on a shoe box he kept forgetting to throw out. "Here ya go little birdie," he said softly, gently laying the feathered creature within. He slipped his backpack off and threw it onto the couch, rolling his shoulders and sliding his shoes off as well, though leaving them in the center of the floor. He turned to make his way to the bathroom, looking for cotton balls that he could lay out on the bottom of the box to create a more comfortable thing for the bird to lay on. Jordan was pretty sure it was a girl, though he didn't know enough about birds to prove his guess in any way.
He jumped slightly as the bird nipped at his palm, though tried not to move his hands as that might distress the bird further. After a few more minutes of waiting, the little creature seemed to give up on trying to stay upright. Jordan cradled it in his cupped hands and stood up, looking about for some sort of nest. It could still have fallen from a nest and he would return it if he could. Searching in the gathering darkness however was difficult and eventually he gave up. With a shrug, he turned and continued on his original path which would take him back to his apartment if he didn't let himself get distracted. Which had already happened, as the evidence proving so currently lay cradled in his hands. The walk back home didn't seem to take as long as it normally did, which somewhat surprised him but he merely shrugged it off.

Gently moving the bird to one hand, he dug around in his back, which was awkward as he couldn't see what he was grabbing at. Eventually he found the keys to the building and unlocked the door, letting it close quietly behind him after entering. The elevator didn't work and no one had come in to fix it yet, meaning he had to take the stairs... all the way to the fourth floor. Standing at the base of the stairs, he groaned and brought the little blue bird closer to this face. "Sorry about the wait. My apartment's not exactly located in the best place, so you'll have to wait a little longer before I can fix our wing." With that said, Jordan began the trek up the stairs. He wasn't out of shape by any means, but climbing three flights of stairs would cause anyone to be a little breathless. He paused at the top, breathing heavier than he had been a few moments prior. The brunette glanced at the bird once more, worry flitting quickly across his face. Continuing the trek down the hallway, he unlocked his apartment and filed inside, closing the door behind him with a snap and locking it, flicking the lights on once he'd finished. His small kitchen lit up and he sighed, moving over to the counter. "Home tweet home," he said with a grin, laughing at his own pun for a moment.

After he'd finished laughing at his stupid joke, Jordan looked around the kitchen for a moment before his eyes landed on a shoe box he kept forgetting to throw out. "Here ya go little birdie," he said softly, gently laying the feathered creature within. He slipped his backpack off and threw it onto the couch, rolling his shoulders and sliding his shoes off as well, though leaving them in the center of the floor. He turned to make his way to the bathroom, looking for cotton balls that he could lay out on the bottom of the box to create a more comfortable thing for the bird to lay on. Jordan was pretty sure it was a girl, though he didn't know enough about birds to prove his guess in any way.
When she was picked up she became silent. Fear making it so. It would be so easy for the human to harm her further or even kill her. Oddly enough Sam didn't get a malicious vibe from this particular male, he actually seemed concerned for her well-being unlike so many others that she had encountered in the past. It was still unnerving being lifted into the air when she was almost positive that she wouldn't be able to save herself if she fell.

It was an odd feeling being carried. She hadn't been carried by anyone since she was very small, age not size since she was still currently small in size. When the human stopped walking she made sure to look around at her new surroundings and tried to get a sense of where the two were now at. Unfortunately this look around didn't help her much since this was a part of town she had never been. Sam glanced up at the human curiously as he spoke. 'Fix your wing' was the phrase that stood out at her. Is that what they were doing here? The male was going to try and help her. Things just getting odder and odder.

She was jostled as the two went up the stairs, not more than necessary but still enough to make her glad that she wasn't standing. Giving a quiet chirp Sam looked up towards the humans face once again, though this time she caught worry on it for a moment. Light blinded her for a moment and she blinked rapidly to allow her eyes to adjust. Next thing she knew she was placed in a box and simply left there. Standing on shaky legs she began to hop around as best she could and chirp loudly, louder than one would expect from a bird her size. The entire experience wouldn't have been so unnerving if she was able to see more than the area directly above her, a nice view of the ceiling but that's about it. But when you're only a couple inches tall things looked much different.
When she was picked up she became silent. Fear making it so. It would be so easy for the human to harm her further or even kill her. Oddly enough Sam didn't get a malicious vibe from this particular male, he actually seemed concerned for her well-being unlike so many others that she had encountered in the past. It was still unnerving being lifted into the air when she was almost positive that she wouldn't be able to save herself if she fell.

It was an odd feeling being carried. She hadn't been carried by anyone since she was very small, age not size since she was still currently small in size. When the human stopped walking she made sure to look around at her new surroundings and tried to get a sense of where the two were now at. Unfortunately this look around didn't help her much since this was a part of town she had never been. Sam glanced up at the human curiously as he spoke. 'Fix your wing' was the phrase that stood out at her. Is that what they were doing here? The male was going to try and help her. Things just getting odder and odder.

She was jostled as the two went up the stairs, not more than necessary but still enough to make her glad that she wasn't standing. Giving a quiet chirp Sam looked up towards the humans face once again, though this time she caught worry on it for a moment. Light blinded her for a moment and she blinked rapidly to allow her eyes to adjust. Next thing she knew she was placed in a box and simply left there. Standing on shaky legs she began to hop around as best she could and chirp loudly, louder than one would expect from a bird her size. The entire experience wouldn't have been so unnerving if she was able to see more than the area directly above her, a nice view of the ceiling but that's about it. But when you're only a couple inches tall things looked much different.
Hearing the bird begin to chirp loudly, Jordan quickly grabbed some of the cotton balls he'd found and rushed back into the kitchen. "Sorry for the wait," he told the bird, pulling the cotton balls apart enough that they'd cover more of the box. He gently picked the bird up in one hand as he lay the cotton down in the box with the other. Once the bottom was covered he laid the blue bird back inside of it. Sitting down at the counter, and rested his chin on his folded arms as he watched the bird. It'd been awhile since he'd had to do any sort of work on a bird, as people didn't often have birds, but it didn't look like her wing was sprained or anything, just dislocated or bruised or something. He didn't want to cause it any more pain that it was probably already in, but if he didn't fix the wing it could end up getting worse.

Sighing he stood up and made his way over to one of the cupboards, pulling out a bag of sunflower seeds. He'd bought them awhile back, deciding to try them to see if they were as good as some of his coworkers had said they were. He'd hated them, but it looked like they might actually serve a purpose now. Jordan poured a little bit into his hand and gently set the pile in the box, careful to not startle the bird. If she got scared and tried to escape then her wing might end up getting worse. He sat once more a the counter, trying to figure out the best way to fix her wing. With small bones that had been dislocated or sprained, what was typically done was straightening it out and seeing where the damage was, then pushing it back into place or attaching a splint if need be.

"Now, I've gotta take care of your wing, little bird," he said, leaning closer to the bird as he spoke. "It'll probably hurt, but that's the best I can do at the moment." Reaching into the box, careful to move slowly, Jordan pulled the injured wing and spread it out, running his fingers gently down the feathers to hopefully calm the bird. The bones of the wing didn't seem out of place not once compared to the other wing, but several feathers were bent out of place and there seemed to be some bruising around the main joint. "Looks like you'll be okay," he said happily, smoothing down the ruffled feathers. "Just a little ruffled and some bruising, but that should go away in a few days. You can probably fly again tomorrow, though not to where your nest is. Your wing won't be able to handle long distances till the bruising is completely gone." It was at that moment that Jordan realized he'd been talking to the blue bird as if it was a person and he groaned, letting his face fall into his hands. "Why do I always do that?" he asked himself.
Hearing the bird begin to chirp loudly, Jordan quickly grabbed some of the cotton balls he'd found and rushed back into the kitchen. "Sorry for the wait," he told the bird, pulling the cotton balls apart enough that they'd cover more of the box. He gently picked the bird up in one hand as he lay the cotton down in the box with the other. Once the bottom was covered he laid the blue bird back inside of it. Sitting down at the counter, and rested his chin on his folded arms as he watched the bird. It'd been awhile since he'd had to do any sort of work on a bird, as people didn't often have birds, but it didn't look like her wing was sprained or anything, just dislocated or bruised or something. He didn't want to cause it any more pain that it was probably already in, but if he didn't fix the wing it could end up getting worse.

Sighing he stood up and made his way over to one of the cupboards, pulling out a bag of sunflower seeds. He'd bought them awhile back, deciding to try them to see if they were as good as some of his coworkers had said they were. He'd hated them, but it looked like they might actually serve a purpose now. Jordan poured a little bit into his hand and gently set the pile in the box, careful to not startle the bird. If she got scared and tried to escape then her wing might end up getting worse. He sat once more a the counter, trying to figure out the best way to fix her wing. With small bones that had been dislocated or sprained, what was typically done was straightening it out and seeing where the damage was, then pushing it back into place or attaching a splint if need be.

"Now, I've gotta take care of your wing, little bird," he said, leaning closer to the bird as he spoke. "It'll probably hurt, but that's the best I can do at the moment." Reaching into the box, careful to move slowly, Jordan pulled the injured wing and spread it out, running his fingers gently down the feathers to hopefully calm the bird. The bones of the wing didn't seem out of place not once compared to the other wing, but several feathers were bent out of place and there seemed to be some bruising around the main joint. "Looks like you'll be okay," he said happily, smoothing down the ruffled feathers. "Just a little ruffled and some bruising, but that should go away in a few days. You can probably fly again tomorrow, though not to where your nest is. Your wing won't be able to handle long distances till the bruising is completely gone." It was at that moment that Jordan realized he'd been talking to the blue bird as if it was a person and he groaned, letting his face fall into his hands. "Why do I always do that?" he asked himself.
It was strange the way that human acted around animals. Had anyone else found a cat chasing after a bird they probably would have simply let the bird get eaten, it was the nature of things after all. Though this male seemed to understand animals better than most. Sam lifted her head and stared at him as he rested, though his rest didn't last very long. As soon as he sat down he was right back up. The thing that really surprised her was that he returned with food, especially since it seemed like the food was for her. She hopped once towards the seeds before a shadow appeared over her once again.

Looking up she was startled to see the male's hand coming down towards her again. It seemed like he was up to something again. As much as she wanted to tug her wing away from his grasp she simply stood there and let him do what he must. Surprisingly, when the bend feathers were smoothed down Sam actually felt a little better. The male was right, there was some bruising she could feel it but there wasn't anything that could be done about it. It would have to heal on its own. She could already hear her brothers' teasing when she finally told them what had happened. They were going to have a field day with this entire series of events, It wasn't everyday that a normal animal got the upperhand of a situation especially when a shifter was involved.

Looking up once again she stared at the male. He was talking again and the words were reassuring. When she heard the last question, 'why do I always do that' she gave him what she hoped was a reassuring tweet. Knowing that she was in no serious trouble she hopped over to the seeds for a moment and stared at them for a moment. It was kind of the human to leave them there for her but she really didn't feel like eating. She turned away from the seeds and hopped over to the cotton that he had spread out for her. Tugging at a few pieces of it with her beak she moved it to her liking before settling down in the makeshift nest that she had quickly created.
It was strange the way that human acted around animals. Had anyone else found a cat chasing after a bird they probably would have simply let the bird get eaten, it was the nature of things after all. Though this male seemed to understand animals better than most. Sam lifted her head and stared at him as he rested, though his rest didn't last very long. As soon as he sat down he was right back up. The thing that really surprised her was that he returned with food, especially since it seemed like the food was for her. She hopped once towards the seeds before a shadow appeared over her once again.

Looking up she was startled to see the male's hand coming down towards her again. It seemed like he was up to something again. As much as she wanted to tug her wing away from his grasp she simply stood there and let him do what he must. Surprisingly, when the bend feathers were smoothed down Sam actually felt a little better. The male was right, there was some bruising she could feel it but there wasn't anything that could be done about it. It would have to heal on its own. She could already hear her brothers' teasing when she finally told them what had happened. They were going to have a field day with this entire series of events, It wasn't everyday that a normal animal got the upperhand of a situation especially when a shifter was involved.

Looking up once again she stared at the male. He was talking again and the words were reassuring. When she heard the last question, 'why do I always do that' she gave him what she hoped was a reassuring tweet. Knowing that she was in no serious trouble she hopped over to the seeds for a moment and stared at them for a moment. It was kind of the human to leave them there for her but she really didn't feel like eating. She turned away from the seeds and hopped over to the cotton that he had spread out for her. Tugging at a few pieces of it with her beak she moved it to her liking before settling down in the makeshift nest that she had quickly created.
Jordan's eyes were watching the bird carefully, making sure that she was okay before he sighed heavily and stood up slowly. He glanced at his watch and groaned, realizing that it had gotten later, latter than he had thought it was. He stretched his arms above his head, a few joints popping as he did so. As he let his arms fall down at his side he tipped his head to the side, staring at the box for a moment before nodding to himself. He reached forward and carefully lifted it up, carrying it over to the coffee table just in front of the couch, placing it on top. "There ya go," he said proudly, as if he had just solved some sort of monumental problem. "No you're less likely to hurt yourself further if you were to hop out of the box and off the table. The drop won't be so bad if you do." Jordan snorted slightly and shook his head, ruffling his hair tiredly. "If you like you can even sleep on the couch if the cotton balls aren't cutting it for you." He chuckled at his own joke, dumb as it was and turned away, heading towards his own room.

As he reached the doorway he turned slightly, watching the little blue bird, his fingers hesitating to flick off the lights. With a shrug he decided to leave them on. It's no like they were going to combust if he left them on, and he wasn't entirely sure that birds had night vision, so the little bird in the box would need something to see by. Rummaging through his closet, he changed into an old college t-shirt that was only a little too small and sweats before heading into the bathroom to brush his teeth. As Jordan looked into the mirror, he realized how utterly exhausted he looked and sighed, shaking his head. Spitting out the tooth paste, he switched off the light as he left the small bathroom, making his way to his rumpled bed. He fell onto it with a dull thud, face deep withing the confines of his pillow before he turned his head to stare at the empty wall. It was a few more minutes before his eyes closed and he was snoring softly.

((Sorry for the sudden absence, internet was kinda sketchy and I've been gone all day to boot. You can time skip to morning in your next post if you'd like, or I can do that in my next post))
Jordan's eyes were watching the bird carefully, making sure that she was okay before he sighed heavily and stood up slowly. He glanced at his watch and groaned, realizing that it had gotten later, latter than he had thought it was. He stretched his arms above his head, a few joints popping as he did so. As he let his arms fall down at his side he tipped his head to the side, staring at the box for a moment before nodding to himself. He reached forward and carefully lifted it up, carrying it over to the coffee table just in front of the couch, placing it on top. "There ya go," he said proudly, as if he had just solved some sort of monumental problem. "No you're less likely to hurt yourself further if you were to hop out of the box and off the table. The drop won't be so bad if you do." Jordan snorted slightly and shook his head, ruffling his hair tiredly. "If you like you can even sleep on the couch if the cotton balls aren't cutting it for you." He chuckled at his own joke, dumb as it was and turned away, heading towards his own room.

As he reached the doorway he turned slightly, watching the little blue bird, his fingers hesitating to flick off the lights. With a shrug he decided to leave them on. It's no like they were going to combust if he left them on, and he wasn't entirely sure that birds had night vision, so the little bird in the box would need something to see by. Rummaging through his closet, he changed into an old college t-shirt that was only a little too small and sweats before heading into the bathroom to brush his teeth. As Jordan looked into the mirror, he realized how utterly exhausted he looked and sighed, shaking his head. Spitting out the tooth paste, he switched off the light as he left the small bathroom, making his way to his rumpled bed. He fell onto it with a dull thud, face deep withing the confines of his pillow before he turned his head to stare at the empty wall. It was a few more minutes before his eyes closed and he was snoring softly.

((Sorry for the sudden absence, internet was kinda sketchy and I've been gone all day to boot. You can time skip to morning in your next post if you'd like, or I can do that in my next post))
A small amount of panic had flowed through Sam's mind as the box had been moved, though it didn't last for very long. After the day that she had it was easy for her to fall into a deep sleep, even though she was in a strange place and the lights had been left on. It was a dreamless sleep and all throughout the night there was a feeling that there was something that she had forgotten about. Something or someone important. She awoke still tired and confused.

Forcing herself to her feet she hopped around a new times before testing opening her tender wing. It still hurt, but enough that She would be able to turn back. With a deep breath she allowed the morphing process to begin. Features elongated and the small bird grew in size quickly. It wasn't a very long process, maybe only a couple seconds or longer but at the end of it there was a full-sized girl sitting on the table. Sam quickly moved off the table and relocated herself to standing. When her eyes saw the box that she had previously been in and how it had been destroyed in the change she gave a quiet, sad chuckle.

Shifters were unlucky when they decided to turn back. Their clothes weren't something that changed forms with them unless they were able to carry them. It usually wasn't a problem, there were always stashes of clothes nearby, or clothes that you could steal, unless of course you were in a situation like this. She debated fleeing to the street but quickly squashed that idea. A naked person was going to catch way too much attention, especially in the morning. Sam would simply have to wait.

((No worries! I really had a hard choice between clothes or not, but I figured this would be more fun!))
A small amount of panic had flowed through Sam's mind as the box had been moved, though it didn't last for very long. After the day that she had it was easy for her to fall into a deep sleep, even though she was in a strange place and the lights had been left on. It was a dreamless sleep and all throughout the night there was a feeling that there was something that she had forgotten about. Something or someone important. She awoke still tired and confused.

Forcing herself to her feet she hopped around a new times before testing opening her tender wing. It still hurt, but enough that She would be able to turn back. With a deep breath she allowed the morphing process to begin. Features elongated and the small bird grew in size quickly. It wasn't a very long process, maybe only a couple seconds or longer but at the end of it there was a full-sized girl sitting on the table. Sam quickly moved off the table and relocated herself to standing. When her eyes saw the box that she had previously been in and how it had been destroyed in the change she gave a quiet, sad chuckle.

Shifters were unlucky when they decided to turn back. Their clothes weren't something that changed forms with them unless they were able to carry them. It usually wasn't a problem, there were always stashes of clothes nearby, or clothes that you could steal, unless of course you were in a situation like this. She debated fleeing to the street but quickly squashed that idea. A naked person was going to catch way too much attention, especially in the morning. Sam would simply have to wait.

((No worries! I really had a hard choice between clothes or not, but I figured this would be more fun!))
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15