Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Shift (1x1 w/ Polyhymnia)
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
((Nope, it's totally fine))

The scratching at the door pulled Jordan away from his novel and he placed the book mark in between the pages. Standing up with a groan, he stretched his arms above his head, the pop making him wince slightly as he made way over o the door. He opened it and smiled down at the retriever, moving aside to let her inside. "Did you get lost or something?" he asked her over his shoulder, moving into the kitchen. Grabbing a glass, he filled it with water and a few cubes of ice, setting it on the counter for her once she changed back. He shut the door once she was inside and made his way back over to couch, sitting down with a sigh.
((Nope, it's totally fine))

The scratching at the door pulled Jordan away from his novel and he placed the book mark in between the pages. Standing up with a groan, he stretched his arms above his head, the pop making him wince slightly as he made way over o the door. He opened it and smiled down at the retriever, moving aside to let her inside. "Did you get lost or something?" he asked her over his shoulder, moving into the kitchen. Grabbing a glass, he filled it with water and a few cubes of ice, setting it on the counter for her once she changed back. He shut the door once she was inside and made his way back over to couch, sitting down with a sigh.
lore_shop_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn59e.pngsmol_shadow_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn6i4.pngwish_list_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn59j.png
Since she didn't have a way to respond to his question she simply grabbed her bag with her mouth and stepped inside quickly. With a quick glance over her shoulder she nodded her head towards the bathroom in an effort to show where she would be going. After that she simply turned and darted into the bathroom, nosing the door shut behind her. A few moments passed and she shifted back before digging through her bag. There wasn't much as far as clothing goes but it was enough to create a few outfits. With a quiet sigh she tugged on one of the sweatshirts that she had stolen from her brothers with the name of some vague band of their friends that she had never heard of. The sweatshirt was obviously too large for her, but not enough that it would look ridiculous. Tugging a pair of jeans from within the bag she pulled them on too before zipping the backpack up and grabbing it as she stepped back into the living room.

"To answer your earlier question I didn't get lost. There was a cat to deal with.." She paused her story for a moment as she grabbed the glass of water and took a gulp of it. "As I was saying. There was a cat to deal with.. And kids like to pet dogs, can't exactly just run away from them." A small grin appeared on her face as she spoke of the children. "Then there was the matter of finding the bag that I hid and the humane society worker. They don't take well to animals they believe to be strays." She flashed a grin towards Jordan as she dropped her bag to the floor and leaned back against the countertop.
Since she didn't have a way to respond to his question she simply grabbed her bag with her mouth and stepped inside quickly. With a quick glance over her shoulder she nodded her head towards the bathroom in an effort to show where she would be going. After that she simply turned and darted into the bathroom, nosing the door shut behind her. A few moments passed and she shifted back before digging through her bag. There wasn't much as far as clothing goes but it was enough to create a few outfits. With a quiet sigh she tugged on one of the sweatshirts that she had stolen from her brothers with the name of some vague band of their friends that she had never heard of. The sweatshirt was obviously too large for her, but not enough that it would look ridiculous. Tugging a pair of jeans from within the bag she pulled them on too before zipping the backpack up and grabbing it as she stepped back into the living room.

"To answer your earlier question I didn't get lost. There was a cat to deal with.." She paused her story for a moment as she grabbed the glass of water and took a gulp of it. "As I was saying. There was a cat to deal with.. And kids like to pet dogs, can't exactly just run away from them." A small grin appeared on her face as she spoke of the children. "Then there was the matter of finding the bag that I hid and the humane society worker. They don't take well to animals they believe to be strays." She flashed a grin towards Jordan as she dropped her bag to the floor and leaned back against the countertop.
He chuckled at her answer, smiling slightly. "I see you hold grudges then, I'll make a point to stay off your bad side. And kids always have a soft spot for animals, one of the reasons they're on my favorite kind of people. Adults tend to get annoyed to quickly. And the people who go out and round up strays..." he shook his head slightly, smile fading a little bit. "They never were my favorite. Never liked them at all. They have a habit of being too rough with the animals. But enough of that," he finished, putting a smile on his face. "I don't have to be at my first shift for awhile yet, so what do you wanna do? You didn't bring a very big bag, so you probably didn't bring much with you. We can go get you more stuff if you'd like," he offered tentatively.
He chuckled at her answer, smiling slightly. "I see you hold grudges then, I'll make a point to stay off your bad side. And kids always have a soft spot for animals, one of the reasons they're on my favorite kind of people. Adults tend to get annoyed to quickly. And the people who go out and round up strays..." he shook his head slightly, smile fading a little bit. "They never were my favorite. Never liked them at all. They have a habit of being too rough with the animals. But enough of that," he finished, putting a smile on his face. "I don't have to be at my first shift for awhile yet, so what do you wanna do? You didn't bring a very big bag, so you probably didn't bring much with you. We can go get you more stuff if you'd like," he offered tentatively.
lore_shop_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn59e.pngsmol_shadow_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn6i4.pngwish_list_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn59j.png
She shook her head and laughed quietly. "I tend to try and not hold grudges.. But.." Her sentence trailed off and she shrugged. "The people who collect the animals are easy enough to avoid. I hate to admit that I was caught a few times by them when I was younger." A small smile appeared as she spoke, it was probably an odd reaction to what she was saying but there were some memories that made it seem okay to her. "Though that's a common thing for shifters. Especially when it's difficult for us to hold our form." She tilted her head as he spoke of getting more stuff for her. "Erm.. I actually only have a small amount of cash that I've been able to save from working. It's not much, but it's enough that I won't be a burden while I stay here.. I don't know what we would get. I tend to just steal the closest clothes in the morning.." Sam blinked a few times as a realization dawned on her. "Though I can't do that here.." she cleared her throat quietly before looking towards Jordan. "If you wouldn't mind tagging along with me to get some things it would be greatly appreciated."
She shook her head and laughed quietly. "I tend to try and not hold grudges.. But.." Her sentence trailed off and she shrugged. "The people who collect the animals are easy enough to avoid. I hate to admit that I was caught a few times by them when I was younger." A small smile appeared as she spoke, it was probably an odd reaction to what she was saying but there were some memories that made it seem okay to her. "Though that's a common thing for shifters. Especially when it's difficult for us to hold our form." She tilted her head as he spoke of getting more stuff for her. "Erm.. I actually only have a small amount of cash that I've been able to save from working. It's not much, but it's enough that I won't be a burden while I stay here.. I don't know what we would get. I tend to just steal the closest clothes in the morning.." Sam blinked a few times as a realization dawned on her. "Though I can't do that here.." she cleared her throat quietly before looking towards Jordan. "If you wouldn't mind tagging along with me to get some things it would be greatly appreciated."
"Don't worry about the money part of it," Jordan said with a shrug and wave of his hand. "I'll pay for whatever you end up needing, it's no problem. And I can definitely tag along, I know where all the best thrift stores are," he added with a grin, lacing his fingers together and placing them behind his head. He had nothing else to do for the day and helping out his new roommate sounded like a good idea. That train of thought had brought about another problem to mind... "What are we gonna do about sleeping arrangements? My bed could fit both of us, but I wouldn't want to make you uncomfortable or anything. I could take the couch if you'd like, I can sleep anywhere," he offered.
"Don't worry about the money part of it," Jordan said with a shrug and wave of his hand. "I'll pay for whatever you end up needing, it's no problem. And I can definitely tag along, I know where all the best thrift stores are," he added with a grin, lacing his fingers together and placing them behind his head. He had nothing else to do for the day and helping out his new roommate sounded like a good idea. That train of thought had brought about another problem to mind... "What are we gonna do about sleeping arrangements? My bed could fit both of us, but I wouldn't want to make you uncomfortable or anything. I could take the couch if you'd like, I can sleep anywhere," he offered.
When Sam heard Jordan state that she wouldn't have to worry about money she pursed her lips, pressing them tightly into a line for a moment. As much as she wanted to oppose this right Joe, it would be easier when the two of them were actually in the store. She could almost guarantee that she would be the one who would be able to pull out their money faster and thus, the one who would be able to pay for whatever she bought. The thought of that brought a small grin onto her face.

"Sleeping arrangements? I don't see why simply sleeping inn the same bed would make me uncomfortable. It will just be sleeping right?" She stared at Jordan for a few tense moments before laughing, having been unable to pass up the opportunity to tease him a little. "But I'm all seriousness, I'm not one to kick someone off of their bed. If it comes down to it I'll simply crash on the couch myself or even just switch forms and crash on the floor... You wouldn't believe how easy it is to fall asleep when you're a dog. Everywhere you lay is like a giant cloud." The simply thought of that was enough to make her stifle a yawn as she spoke.

"Now. If I remember correctly you said something about thrift shops? Lead the way captain!" To further make herself look like a fool she even added a mock salute to the end of her sentence.
When Sam heard Jordan state that she wouldn't have to worry about money she pursed her lips, pressing them tightly into a line for a moment. As much as she wanted to oppose this right Joe, it would be easier when the two of them were actually in the store. She could almost guarantee that she would be the one who would be able to pull out their money faster and thus, the one who would be able to pay for whatever she bought. The thought of that brought a small grin onto her face.

"Sleeping arrangements? I don't see why simply sleeping inn the same bed would make me uncomfortable. It will just be sleeping right?" She stared at Jordan for a few tense moments before laughing, having been unable to pass up the opportunity to tease him a little. "But I'm all seriousness, I'm not one to kick someone off of their bed. If it comes down to it I'll simply crash on the couch myself or even just switch forms and crash on the floor... You wouldn't believe how easy it is to fall asleep when you're a dog. Everywhere you lay is like a giant cloud." The simply thought of that was enough to make her stifle a yawn as she spoke.

"Now. If I remember correctly you said something about thrift shops? Lead the way captain!" To further make herself look like a fool she even added a mock salute to the end of her sentence.
He turned red at her insinuation, rubbing the back of his head nervously before laughing along with her. "Yeah, it's just sleeping. I just figured I'd offer a couple of suggestions. But if it doesn't bother you, then we can both sleep in the bed," Jordan replied, smiling lightly. Standing up, he stretched and made his way over to where he'd left his shoes the night before. Pulling them on and tying them quickly, Jordan walked over to the door. "Anything you wanna grab before we head out?" he asked her, hand on the door knob.
He turned red at her insinuation, rubbing the back of his head nervously before laughing along with her. "Yeah, it's just sleeping. I just figured I'd offer a couple of suggestions. But if it doesn't bother you, then we can both sleep in the bed," Jordan replied, smiling lightly. Standing up, he stretched and made his way over to where he'd left his shoes the night before. Pulling them on and tying them quickly, Jordan walked over to the door. "Anything you wanna grab before we head out?" he asked her, hand on the door knob.
In response to his question Sam reached back and patted her back pocket to make sure that the small amount of money was there. When she realized that it was she shook her head and stepped over towards the door. "Nope. I've got everything I need." When the two finally left the apartment she looked down the hall towards the other doors on this floor before she turned her head towards Jordan. "Aren't your neighbors going to be a little curious about the sudden appearance of either a strange girl or random animals? Seems like something that others would notice, especially given how close you all live."
In response to his question Sam reached back and patted her back pocket to make sure that the small amount of money was there. When she realized that it was she shook her head and stepped over towards the door. "Nope. I've got everything I need." When the two finally left the apartment she looked down the hall towards the other doors on this floor before she turned her head towards Jordan. "Aren't your neighbors going to be a little curious about the sudden appearance of either a strange girl or random animals? Seems like something that others would notice, especially given how close you all live."
As he turned and locked the door once she had exited, Jordan glanced around at the other doors and shook his head. "No, I doubt they'll notice anything. Only three of the apartments up here are claimed, not including my own. One of them is occupied by an older gentleman who doesn't leave often because of his condition, and the other two... I honestly don't know much about the people living there. Random animals might grab their attention, but as long as you don't make a whole lot of noise we should be good," he explained, shoving his keys into his pocket as he made his way towards the stairs, ignoring the elevator.
As he turned and locked the door once she had exited, Jordan glanced around at the other doors and shook his head. "No, I doubt they'll notice anything. Only three of the apartments up here are claimed, not including my own. One of them is occupied by an older gentleman who doesn't leave often because of his condition, and the other two... I honestly don't know much about the people living there. Random animals might grab their attention, but as long as you don't make a whole lot of noise we should be good," he explained, shoving his keys into his pocket as he made his way towards the stairs, ignoring the elevator.
"mmm.. Sounds sort of sad not knowing about the people that live only a few feet away from you. Though what do I know? It's not like I have neighbors.." A small grin appeared on her face as she spoke. "No neighbors as far as the eyes can see. Or at least the ones that probably could see us tend to keep their distance. They tend to think that my family is a little erm, odd. If you can believe that." She couldn't help the quiet laugh chuckle that forced it's way through her at her pervious comment as she followed down the stairs. "Apartment living is something that probably takes some getting used to, but it seems like you've gotten it pretty down pat. I might take a little bit of time before I'm not so... twitchy for lack of a better word. So I'll apologize in advance for that, though I hope to not annoy you too terribly much." For a few short moments there was silence as Sam thought about something. "Since you said that you might be able to take some days off maybe we could go visit. I should probably tell them where I'll be since I think I'm going to be around for more than a few days." One of her hands had reached up and grabbed onto the end of her hair as she spoke since it could be rather awkward. "Though that's something that we definitely don't have to do if you wouldn't want to."
"mmm.. Sounds sort of sad not knowing about the people that live only a few feet away from you. Though what do I know? It's not like I have neighbors.." A small grin appeared on her face as she spoke. "No neighbors as far as the eyes can see. Or at least the ones that probably could see us tend to keep their distance. They tend to think that my family is a little erm, odd. If you can believe that." She couldn't help the quiet laugh chuckle that forced it's way through her at her pervious comment as she followed down the stairs. "Apartment living is something that probably takes some getting used to, but it seems like you've gotten it pretty down pat. I might take a little bit of time before I'm not so... twitchy for lack of a better word. So I'll apologize in advance for that, though I hope to not annoy you too terribly much." For a few short moments there was silence as Sam thought about something. "Since you said that you might be able to take some days off maybe we could go visit. I should probably tell them where I'll be since I think I'm going to be around for more than a few days." One of her hands had reached up and grabbed onto the end of her hair as she spoke since it could be rather awkward. "Though that's something that we definitely don't have to do if you wouldn't want to."
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15