Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Shift (1x1 w/ Polyhymnia)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15
Jordan looked up from the rack of t-shirts he'd been looking at and nodded, placing the shirt back among the others. "Alright then, let's go ahead and check out." With that he began to weave though the racks of clothes, careful not to knock any over, and made his way to the clerk. Today is was the woman who was taking care of the store and she smiled brightly when she saw the pair of them today. "What can I do to help you two?" she questioned happily, the smile not once leaving her face. Jordan stepped back a little, leaving Sam space to place her things on the counter. As he did so, he pulled his wallet out of his back pocket and began searching for his credit card.
Jordan looked up from the rack of t-shirts he'd been looking at and nodded, placing the shirt back among the others. "Alright then, let's go ahead and check out." With that he began to weave though the racks of clothes, careful not to knock any over, and made his way to the clerk. Today is was the woman who was taking care of the store and she smiled brightly when she saw the pair of them today. "What can I do to help you two?" she questioned happily, the smile not once leaving her face. Jordan stepped back a little, leaving Sam space to place her things on the counter. As he did so, he pulled his wallet out of his back pocket and began searching for his credit card.
lore_shop_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn59e.pngsmol_shadow_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn6i4.pngwish_list_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn59j.png
Sam followed suit and wove through the many racks of clothes before placing her items on the counter. The woman's smile was a little unnerving to her but she gave a small smile of her own in response. It wasn't that the woman was frightening in any way, it was just normally humans didn't enjoy their jobs quite this much. She mentally shrugged as she answered the woman's question. "Just these then.." Out of the corner of her eye she saw Jordan rifling through his wallet. With a shake of her head she pulled the folded bills out of her back pocket and handed them to the woman after she had finished ringing up her items. A small grin appeared on her face at having paid for her own items. It wasn't much of a victory, but she had kept her word and paid for her own clothes. The woman at the counter handed Sam her change and the receipt which was quickly shoved back into her pocket before she grabbed the single bag off the counter and turned towards Jordan, a smile playing at the edges of her lips.
Sam followed suit and wove through the many racks of clothes before placing her items on the counter. The woman's smile was a little unnerving to her but she gave a small smile of her own in response. It wasn't that the woman was frightening in any way, it was just normally humans didn't enjoy their jobs quite this much. She mentally shrugged as she answered the woman's question. "Just these then.." Out of the corner of her eye she saw Jordan rifling through his wallet. With a shake of her head she pulled the folded bills out of her back pocket and handed them to the woman after she had finished ringing up her items. A small grin appeared on her face at having paid for her own items. It wasn't much of a victory, but she had kept her word and paid for her own clothes. The woman at the counter handed Sam her change and the receipt which was quickly shoved back into her pocket before she grabbed the single bag off the counter and turned towards Jordan, a smile playing at the edges of her lips.
Finally finding his cared, Jordan looked up to find that Sam had already handed over money. He was somewhat disappointed that he couldn't pay for her things, but had known she wasn't going to give up to him that easily. Mock glaring at her, he shoved his card into his wallet, returning the item to his jacket pocket. Noticing her smile, he tried to fight one spreading across his face as well. "I'll beat you next time," he said easily, almost wondering if he'd made it sound like a challenge. It would all depend on how Sam interpreted it.

The woman at the register smiled sweetly at them and said, "You two make such a cute couple." Jordan's cheeks immediately flushed and he shook his head, stuttering through explaining that they weren't actually a couple, that they were just friends. He didn't think he was very convincing.
Finally finding his cared, Jordan looked up to find that Sam had already handed over money. He was somewhat disappointed that he couldn't pay for her things, but had known she wasn't going to give up to him that easily. Mock glaring at her, he shoved his card into his wallet, returning the item to his jacket pocket. Noticing her smile, he tried to fight one spreading across his face as well. "I'll beat you next time," he said easily, almost wondering if he'd made it sound like a challenge. It would all depend on how Sam interpreted it.

The woman at the register smiled sweetly at them and said, "You two make such a cute couple." Jordan's cheeks immediately flushed and he shook his head, stuttering through explaining that they weren't actually a couple, that they were just friends. He didn't think he was very convincing.
lore_shop_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn59e.pngsmol_shadow_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn6i4.pngwish_list_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn59j.png
Growing up with older brothers Sam was used to the competitions that they took part in daily. It was nice for her to see that Jordan wasn't actually offended that she had paid for her own things. Hearing the idle threat from him she couldn't help laughing quietly and shaking her head slowly. "Mm.. we'll see about that." Right as she was getting ready to wink to further prove that she too was teasing him the woman's words hit her ears and caused her to blush. "Actually we're not dating.. I actually owe a life debt to this fellow." She hadn't been able to turn around to explain this though she used her thumb to gesture between the two of them. It probably wasn't the most conventional explanation that the older woman had heard, but in this situation it was the truth.
Growing up with older brothers Sam was used to the competitions that they took part in daily. It was nice for her to see that Jordan wasn't actually offended that she had paid for her own things. Hearing the idle threat from him she couldn't help laughing quietly and shaking her head slowly. "Mm.. we'll see about that." Right as she was getting ready to wink to further prove that she too was teasing him the woman's words hit her ears and caused her to blush. "Actually we're not dating.. I actually owe a life debt to this fellow." She hadn't been able to turn around to explain this though she used her thumb to gesture between the two of them. It probably wasn't the most conventional explanation that the older woman had heard, but in this situation it was the truth.
The gray haired woman raised an eyebrow and glanced between the two of them, silent for a moment before saying, "Well, if that's the case, then good job young man. The world needs more people like you, people who go out and help others without necessarily expecting a reward. And even if you aren't a couple, you still make a cute one." She added a wink at the end of her sentence before sliding off if the stool she'd been sitting on and pushing a beaded curtain aside to step into the back room.

Jordan watched her go, cheeks still read at her earlier statement. A couple... He glanced at Sam apologetically. "Sorry, she's not usually like that." It wasn't that Sam wasn't cute or anything, because even his shy and someone awkward self could admit that. He figured it was the fact that she was currently obligated to basically follow him around. As soon as that debt was paid, she'd leave and return to her normal life, and he to his. As far as he could tell, that's all the future held for the two of them.
The gray haired woman raised an eyebrow and glanced between the two of them, silent for a moment before saying, "Well, if that's the case, then good job young man. The world needs more people like you, people who go out and help others without necessarily expecting a reward. And even if you aren't a couple, you still make a cute one." She added a wink at the end of her sentence before sliding off if the stool she'd been sitting on and pushing a beaded curtain aside to step into the back room.

Jordan watched her go, cheeks still read at her earlier statement. A couple... He glanced at Sam apologetically. "Sorry, she's not usually like that." It wasn't that Sam wasn't cute or anything, because even his shy and someone awkward self could admit that. He figured it was the fact that she was currently obligated to basically follow him around. As soon as that debt was paid, she'd leave and return to her normal life, and he to his. As far as he could tell, that's all the future held for the two of them.
"No worries. The old man I work with at the bookstore tends to think that any man that comes in and asks for help is someone that I should give my nonexistent number out to... I can't seem to make him realize that they're actually there for the books, not to see me, even though I've never met almost everyone that comes into the shop." She grinned, the blush faded from her cheeks for the most part. "Sorry that I ended up telling her flat out what we were doing together, it seemed like the easiest way to make her stop talking about us being together." It's not that the thought of them being together was offensive, Jordan wasn't a bad looking guy and he seemed nice enough. The fact that she owed him a life debt was the thing that made her a little hesitant. Being followed around by someone who was able to turn into animals was probably pretty freaky. She was honestly surprised that Jordan hadn't tried to jump in front of a car or anything so that she could save him and be gone..

"What's on the agenda now?" As she spoke she had to resist the urge to swing the bag at her side. It was a pretty abnormal habit but one that she had done since she was younger, it probably started as a way for her to keep herself moving.
"No worries. The old man I work with at the bookstore tends to think that any man that comes in and asks for help is someone that I should give my nonexistent number out to... I can't seem to make him realize that they're actually there for the books, not to see me, even though I've never met almost everyone that comes into the shop." She grinned, the blush faded from her cheeks for the most part. "Sorry that I ended up telling her flat out what we were doing together, it seemed like the easiest way to make her stop talking about us being together." It's not that the thought of them being together was offensive, Jordan wasn't a bad looking guy and he seemed nice enough. The fact that she owed him a life debt was the thing that made her a little hesitant. Being followed around by someone who was able to turn into animals was probably pretty freaky. She was honestly surprised that Jordan hadn't tried to jump in front of a car or anything so that she could save him and be gone..

"What's on the agenda now?" As she spoke she had to resist the urge to swing the bag at her side. It was a pretty abnormal habit but one that she had done since she was younger, it probably started as a way for her to keep herself moving.
Jordan smiled slightly at her story, realizing that he could somewhat relate. "My coworkers are the same way. They try and hook me up with a lot of the girls that will come in and get coffee, especially if they're regulars. Of course, it's always been pretty easy to get them to shut up, usually by spraying some water in their faces or something." He laughed at the memories that popped up at the mention.

At her apology he shook his head. "No, it's alright," Jordan replied, shrugging it off. He chuckled slightly. "It's not like she'll completely understand anyways. After all, she still doesn't know the exact details and stuff." As he led the way back tot the front door, he looked over his shoulder to reply to her question. "Well, I do need to get some more groceries, as my fridge is nearly empty. I need to do that sometime today, and since I'm already out right now, I may as well do it now. There's a small grocery store a block or two down the road that we could stop at and get somethings before heading back to the apartment."
Jordan smiled slightly at her story, realizing that he could somewhat relate. "My coworkers are the same way. They try and hook me up with a lot of the girls that will come in and get coffee, especially if they're regulars. Of course, it's always been pretty easy to get them to shut up, usually by spraying some water in their faces or something." He laughed at the memories that popped up at the mention.

At her apology he shook his head. "No, it's alright," Jordan replied, shrugging it off. He chuckled slightly. "It's not like she'll completely understand anyways. After all, she still doesn't know the exact details and stuff." As he led the way back tot the front door, he looked over his shoulder to reply to her question. "Well, I do need to get some more groceries, as my fridge is nearly empty. I need to do that sometime today, and since I'm already out right now, I may as well do it now. There's a small grocery store a block or two down the road that we could stop at and get somethings before heading back to the apartment."
"It's not that easy for me.. It's not like I can throw a book at the old man. Never mind the fact that he's the one that owns the shop." Hearing the way that Jordan took to getting his coworkers to be quiet she couldn't help but laugh as well. For some reason it was a little difficult for Sam to believe that he would do such a thing, but then again, that really wasn't something that it seems like a person would lie about so he would have to believe him.

"You're right, there's no way that she'll understand." It wasn't that she was worried that the woman would understand the true meaning of what she had been saying, it was more that she didn't want anything to be awkward for Jordan because of her. It was probably already odd enough for him that she was following him around in case she needed to stop something terrible that might happen to him.

"Grocery shopping, eh?" A small smile appeared on her face at that. Grocery shopping was always an event with her family, which is why they only did it once a month or so. Her brothers were difficult to control in the store and almost everytime they were there they tended to go a little overboard with what they put in the cart. Sam was the only one that had any sense with money when it came to food. "Sounds like a plan to me.."
"It's not that easy for me.. It's not like I can throw a book at the old man. Never mind the fact that he's the one that owns the shop." Hearing the way that Jordan took to getting his coworkers to be quiet she couldn't help but laugh as well. For some reason it was a little difficult for Sam to believe that he would do such a thing, but then again, that really wasn't something that it seems like a person would lie about so he would have to believe him.

"You're right, there's no way that she'll understand." It wasn't that she was worried that the woman would understand the true meaning of what she had been saying, it was more that she didn't want anything to be awkward for Jordan because of her. It was probably already odd enough for him that she was following him around in case she needed to stop something terrible that might happen to him.

"Grocery shopping, eh?" A small smile appeared on her face at that. Grocery shopping was always an event with her family, which is why they only did it once a month or so. Her brothers were difficult to control in the store and almost everytime they were there they tended to go a little overboard with what they put in the cart. Sam was the only one that had any sense with money when it came to food. "Sounds like a plan to me.."
"Alright then, let's move out," Jordan said, morphing his face into one of mock seriousness, saluting her as he pivoted on his foot and quite literally began marching towards the door. Upon reaching it, he pulled it open, waiting for Sam to pass through. "I don't need to get a lot, just a couple of necessities. Milk, eggs, flour, maybe some bread... we should be able to carry it all back to the apartment, but if we can't then we'll just take the bus," he told her, checking the time on his watch real quick. He still had a few hours before he would need to head back to his apartment and get ready to go to work, so there was plenty of time.
"Alright then, let's move out," Jordan said, morphing his face into one of mock seriousness, saluting her as he pivoted on his foot and quite literally began marching towards the door. Upon reaching it, he pulled it open, waiting for Sam to pass through. "I don't need to get a lot, just a couple of necessities. Milk, eggs, flour, maybe some bread... we should be able to carry it all back to the apartment, but if we can't then we'll just take the bus," he told her, checking the time on his watch real quick. He still had a few hours before he would need to head back to his apartment and get ready to go to work, so there was plenty of time.
"Aye, aye captain." She grinned at him as she stepped through the door. "I think shopping with you is going to be easier than it usually is for me. My brothers are rather difficult to contain in the store. I'm the youngest, but the way they act... that fact is rather hard to believe most of the time." With a quiet laugh she continued on, "you should see them in the candy isle. Usually mothers that take their children down the isle they look at those two with fear in their eyes." The smile that appeared on her face wasn't fading, as it usually did. "They aren't bad though, they just like food. Especially if it's sugary."
"Aye, aye captain." She grinned at him as she stepped through the door. "I think shopping with you is going to be easier than it usually is for me. My brothers are rather difficult to contain in the store. I'm the youngest, but the way they act... that fact is rather hard to believe most of the time." With a quiet laugh she continued on, "you should see them in the candy isle. Usually mothers that take their children down the isle they look at those two with fear in their eyes." The smile that appeared on her face wasn't fading, as it usually did. "They aren't bad though, they just like food. Especially if it's sugary."
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15