Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Shift (1x1 w/ Polyhymnia)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
"Oh! Where are are my manners... My name's Jordan, Jordan Matthews. Sorry for not mentioning that early," he said sheepishly, sticking one hand out for her to shake it and the other rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. Normally he was pretty good about doing that, introducing himself and all. It came with having a job where he always had to talk to people, ask what they needed help with and so on. So it should have come naturally. But... well, with a bird-girl suddenly appearing in his apartment, it seemed that even his friendly habits had abandoned him. He shrugged and explained as much. "Seems my manners flew away once you appeared. Wait, that wasn't meant to be a pun, I swear," he said quickly, eyes widening slightly. Hopefully she wouldn't take offense to it.
"Oh! Where are are my manners... My name's Jordan, Jordan Matthews. Sorry for not mentioning that early," he said sheepishly, sticking one hand out for her to shake it and the other rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. Normally he was pretty good about doing that, introducing himself and all. It came with having a job where he always had to talk to people, ask what they needed help with and so on. So it should have come naturally. But... well, with a bird-girl suddenly appearing in his apartment, it seemed that even his friendly habits had abandoned him. He shrugged and explained as much. "Seems my manners flew away once you appeared. Wait, that wasn't meant to be a pun, I swear," he said quickly, eyes widening slightly. Hopefully she wouldn't take offense to it.
lore_shop_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn59e.pngsmol_shadow_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn6i4.pngwish_list_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn59j.png
Sam quickly lifted her own hand and shook Jordan's. "Nice to meet you Jordan.. I'm Samia Kelis. But please just call me Sam. I can't stand my whole name." Seeing his eyes widen Sam almost burst out laughing. "Trust me, I get all kinds of jokes like that. It's not offensive in the slightest. My brother actually got stuck as a skunk when we were all little..." She laughed for a moment at the memory before continuing on. "We still don't let him live that down.." Shaking her head she paused for a moment, a smile still lingering on her face from the memory of that. "How about that breakfast, eh?" She wasn't going to flat out say it but she was practically starving and having seen the eggs and bacon was enough to make her almost drool. "Then I suppose we should figure out how this is going to work? Am I just going to follow you around like a stalker and wait for you to get into a life-threatening situation? It might be hard for you to explain the sudden appearance of a random girl.. What about like a dog or something? Of course that probably depends on where you work.." Suddenly she stopped talking, having realized that she was rambling and dropped her eyes to the floor. "Sorry about that..Sometimes I don't know when to stop talking."
Sam quickly lifted her own hand and shook Jordan's. "Nice to meet you Jordan.. I'm Samia Kelis. But please just call me Sam. I can't stand my whole name." Seeing his eyes widen Sam almost burst out laughing. "Trust me, I get all kinds of jokes like that. It's not offensive in the slightest. My brother actually got stuck as a skunk when we were all little..." She laughed for a moment at the memory before continuing on. "We still don't let him live that down.." Shaking her head she paused for a moment, a smile still lingering on her face from the memory of that. "How about that breakfast, eh?" She wasn't going to flat out say it but she was practically starving and having seen the eggs and bacon was enough to make her almost drool. "Then I suppose we should figure out how this is going to work? Am I just going to follow you around like a stalker and wait for you to get into a life-threatening situation? It might be hard for you to explain the sudden appearance of a random girl.. What about like a dog or something? Of course that probably depends on where you work.." Suddenly she stopped talking, having realized that she was rambling and dropped her eyes to the floor. "Sorry about that..Sometimes I don't know when to stop talking."
Jordan smiled slightly as she rambled, glad to see he wasn't the only one who wasn't completely comfortable in this situation. As she continued to suggest ways they could work out this whole 'life debt' thing, he nodded, realizing that it would definitely need to be talked about. "Let's tackle that after breakfast though. I still kinda need some time to process this whole situation." Stepping over towards the counter, he set both of the plates down and sat on one of the stools, offering the other to her with a wave of his hand. As Jordan waited for her to sit, he tried to figure out how to work this out. Following him around would indeed be weird, since he already didn't ave many friends in town, so suddenly appearing with one could raise people's suspicions. And the dog idea would work, except for the fact the pets weren't allowed in the coffee shop. He sighed. This would take quite some time.
Jordan smiled slightly as she rambled, glad to see he wasn't the only one who wasn't completely comfortable in this situation. As she continued to suggest ways they could work out this whole 'life debt' thing, he nodded, realizing that it would definitely need to be talked about. "Let's tackle that after breakfast though. I still kinda need some time to process this whole situation." Stepping over towards the counter, he set both of the plates down and sat on one of the stools, offering the other to her with a wave of his hand. As Jordan waited for her to sit, he tried to figure out how to work this out. Following him around would indeed be weird, since he already didn't ave many friends in town, so suddenly appearing with one could raise people's suspicions. And the dog idea would work, except for the fact the pets weren't allowed in the coffee shop. He sighed. This would take quite some time.
lore_shop_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn59e.pngsmol_shadow_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn6i4.pngwish_list_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn59j.png
Sam promptly walked over and situated herself on the other stool with a small grin. She didn't know is she was suppose to wait for Jordan to start eating. That wasn't how things were done in her family. The ones that were lucky enough to get to the table early usually ended up getting the most food, or at least whatever was on their plates. Her brothers had quite the habit of nabbing things off her plates when they suspected that she wasn't looking. With a shrug she picked up the fork next to her plate and dug in in a very unlady like fashion. When she tried Sam was able to eat at a pace that wouldn't cause people to avert their eyes, but right now was not a time like that. She wasn't exactly shoving things into her mouth, it was just that she ate so fast that if someone were to look away from her plate for a moment when they looked back the food would be gone.

When she finished eating she began to spin the fork between her fingers with a quiet sigh. It was going to take some getting used to for her to be able to survive on these "human-sized" meals, especially given the fact that she didn't know how long she was going to be staying with Jordan. "Well, what's the plan? I can't exactly have you wandering around the city on your own if I'm responsible for your safety." Sam looked towards Jordan as she spoke. "Though, human establishments aren't usually too keen on having animals gallivanting around inside of them.. or even around them." This truly was going to be a difficult problem to figure out a solution for.
Sam promptly walked over and situated herself on the other stool with a small grin. She didn't know is she was suppose to wait for Jordan to start eating. That wasn't how things were done in her family. The ones that were lucky enough to get to the table early usually ended up getting the most food, or at least whatever was on their plates. Her brothers had quite the habit of nabbing things off her plates when they suspected that she wasn't looking. With a shrug she picked up the fork next to her plate and dug in in a very unlady like fashion. When she tried Sam was able to eat at a pace that wouldn't cause people to avert their eyes, but right now was not a time like that. She wasn't exactly shoving things into her mouth, it was just that she ate so fast that if someone were to look away from her plate for a moment when they looked back the food would be gone.

When she finished eating she began to spin the fork between her fingers with a quiet sigh. It was going to take some getting used to for her to be able to survive on these "human-sized" meals, especially given the fact that she didn't know how long she was going to be staying with Jordan. "Well, what's the plan? I can't exactly have you wandering around the city on your own if I'm responsible for your safety." Sam looked towards Jordan as she spoke. "Though, human establishments aren't usually too keen on having animals gallivanting around inside of them.. or even around them." This truly was going to be a difficult problem to figure out a solution for.
As he ate his own food at a slower pace than Sam, Jordan watched her with amusement. Seems she hadn't eaten in awhile. After finishing his own food, he stood and carried his plate to the sink. "If you want some more you're welcome to raid my fridge, though I doubt you'll find much. I don't eat at him much and when I do it's usually ramen," he said with a laugh. After washing his plate, he dried it quickly and placed it back in the cupboard before turning around and leaning against the counter, arms folded, watching her for a few minutes before speaking again.

"Well, if you really do have to follow me around, I wouldn't say an animal is the best way to do it. They're limited to where they can do and what they can do. Staying in your, er, human form would work our best. Maybe if we came up with some kind of story?" he suggested, scratching the side of his face. Suddenly he snorted and shook his head. "We could always say that you're a friend of my sisters and you're visiting," he suggested jokingly. "She's done it before, sending out friends that she tries to hook up with me." Jordan shook his head head, laughing slightly before realizing what he'd said. "N-not that we have to be a couple or anything, it's just a joke really. You don't have to do it or anything i-if you're uncomfortable with the idea."
As he ate his own food at a slower pace than Sam, Jordan watched her with amusement. Seems she hadn't eaten in awhile. After finishing his own food, he stood and carried his plate to the sink. "If you want some more you're welcome to raid my fridge, though I doubt you'll find much. I don't eat at him much and when I do it's usually ramen," he said with a laugh. After washing his plate, he dried it quickly and placed it back in the cupboard before turning around and leaning against the counter, arms folded, watching her for a few minutes before speaking again.

"Well, if you really do have to follow me around, I wouldn't say an animal is the best way to do it. They're limited to where they can do and what they can do. Staying in your, er, human form would work our best. Maybe if we came up with some kind of story?" he suggested, scratching the side of his face. Suddenly he snorted and shook his head. "We could always say that you're a friend of my sisters and you're visiting," he suggested jokingly. "She's done it before, sending out friends that she tries to hook up with me." Jordan shook his head head, laughing slightly before realizing what he'd said. "N-not that we have to be a couple or anything, it's just a joke really. You don't have to do it or anything i-if you're uncomfortable with the idea."
"I just have to get used to eating less. Shifters have a much higher metabolism than humans.." She shrugged, "when I wen through school it was something I dealt with, so it's really not all that hard." She rested one of her elbows on the counter and leaned her head against he palm as she spoke. "You wouldn't believe how much food we go through back home.." After that she simply focused on listening to the male talk about his plan.

As Jordan spoke Sam tilted her head as she listened to him. It really wasn't a human thing to do so it might have looked rather odd, but it was something that she did when she was thinking. "You get nervous quite a bit, have you noticed?" It probably wasn't the most delicate way to phrase that question, but the male's nervousness had caused him to stutter quite a few times already. "It's like you expect me to turn into something and attack you if you say something wrong.." She couldn't help the small laugh that escaped her after that statement. "I can assure you that's not going to happen." Pausing a moment she changed gears and thought about the plan he had suggested. She nodded before speaking. "That sounds like it could work.. I would have to dash out to the park and grab some of my own clothes from a stash there though. I don't think wearing your clothes would give the intended impression.."

Sam was silent for a few minutes before speaking again. "Your sister has actually sent people out here in hopes that you would hook up with them?" Her eyebrow raised at the thought of that, a small smirk appearing on her face as she set the fork down next to the plate to give this conversation her full attention. "That's rather odd.. None of them were your cup of tea, eh? Can't suppose your sister is very fond of that. Did you crush any hearts of the visiting females?" The idea of this entire thing was rather odd to her, it wasn't something that she could imagine her brothers doing. Then again, things were different for their family. "Are you and your sister exactly close? It doesn't sound like she lives around here.." Here they were, the assault of questions.
"I just have to get used to eating less. Shifters have a much higher metabolism than humans.." She shrugged, "when I wen through school it was something I dealt with, so it's really not all that hard." She rested one of her elbows on the counter and leaned her head against he palm as she spoke. "You wouldn't believe how much food we go through back home.." After that she simply focused on listening to the male talk about his plan.

As Jordan spoke Sam tilted her head as she listened to him. It really wasn't a human thing to do so it might have looked rather odd, but it was something that she did when she was thinking. "You get nervous quite a bit, have you noticed?" It probably wasn't the most delicate way to phrase that question, but the male's nervousness had caused him to stutter quite a few times already. "It's like you expect me to turn into something and attack you if you say something wrong.." She couldn't help the small laugh that escaped her after that statement. "I can assure you that's not going to happen." Pausing a moment she changed gears and thought about the plan he had suggested. She nodded before speaking. "That sounds like it could work.. I would have to dash out to the park and grab some of my own clothes from a stash there though. I don't think wearing your clothes would give the intended impression.."

Sam was silent for a few minutes before speaking again. "Your sister has actually sent people out here in hopes that you would hook up with them?" Her eyebrow raised at the thought of that, a small smirk appearing on her face as she set the fork down next to the plate to give this conversation her full attention. "That's rather odd.. None of them were your cup of tea, eh? Can't suppose your sister is very fond of that. Did you crush any hearts of the visiting females?" The idea of this entire thing was rather odd to her, it wasn't something that she could imagine her brothers doing. Then again, things were different for their family. "Are you and your sister exactly close? It doesn't sound like she lives around here.." Here they were, the assault of questions.
At Sam pointing out her nervousness, he blushed slightly. "It's not often that I talk to pretty girls who are actually willing to talk back to be. Or at least, girls who don't hate having a conversation with me. It's... kind of refreshing," he said lightly, giving a half shrug. "And I'm not really afraid of animals, no matter what kind it is. Which is probably stupid and naive, but that's just how I am. I've been bitten by too many animals to count," he explained, chuckling at the memories. Several of those bites he'd received had been because he'd simply annoyed the animal enough to **** it off.

When she brought up the topic of his sister and the friends she'd sent, his smile faded and he looked away from her. "No, my sister and I aren't exactly close. We're only half siblings, and I've four and a half years older than her. The girls she sends are a bit closer to my age than hers, since she acts more mature for her age, but... no, they're not exactly my type. I don't even know if I have a type. It's just always awkward and I don't think they really know what to expect when they meet me." Jordan sighed, folding his arms and hanging his head slightly. He was silent for ahiwle, thinking about the few girls who had come to visit but hadn't even stayed a full day. "My sister would usually come too, so it wasn't just me and some stranger, but it still never quite worked," he added after a moment.
At Sam pointing out her nervousness, he blushed slightly. "It's not often that I talk to pretty girls who are actually willing to talk back to be. Or at least, girls who don't hate having a conversation with me. It's... kind of refreshing," he said lightly, giving a half shrug. "And I'm not really afraid of animals, no matter what kind it is. Which is probably stupid and naive, but that's just how I am. I've been bitten by too many animals to count," he explained, chuckling at the memories. Several of those bites he'd received had been because he'd simply annoyed the animal enough to **** it off.

When she brought up the topic of his sister and the friends she'd sent, his smile faded and he looked away from her. "No, my sister and I aren't exactly close. We're only half siblings, and I've four and a half years older than her. The girls she sends are a bit closer to my age than hers, since she acts more mature for her age, but... no, they're not exactly my type. I don't even know if I have a type. It's just always awkward and I don't think they really know what to expect when they meet me." Jordan sighed, folding his arms and hanging his head slightly. He was silent for ahiwle, thinking about the few girls who had come to visit but hadn't even stayed a full day. "My sister would usually come too, so it wasn't just me and some stranger, but it still never quite worked," he added after a moment.
Jordan's comments caused her to tilt her head again as she listened. "I don't see why girls would have a problem having a conversation with you.. It doesn't appear like you are anything out of the ordinary." Her eyes quickly darted around the kitchen as if looking for anything out of place. This man didn't seem like the type who could do anything offensive, he had washed his dish directly after eating for heaven's sake. Sam was going to completely ignore the comment about pretty girls. She really didn't know how to respond to that. She couldn't help the smile that appeared on her face when Jordan made the comment about not being afraid of animals. "Well, I definitely won't bite you.."

Sensing the change in his mood Sam decided to simply keep quiet. At least for a few moments. After a couple minutes she wasn't able to keep her thoughts to herself anylonger. "That does seem like it would be odd.. Not only for the girls involved, but especially for you. Who knows what they were told to make them want to come here.." She cleared her throat awkwardly and began to play with the end of her hair as she spoke again. "Not that there's anything wrong with you, of course. It's just.. I don't know. That really doesn't seem like something that siblings would do. I can't imagine my brothers doing something like that.. Of course their friends are not the nicest people." She shrugged at that. "I'm sorry your sister put you through that."

Jordan's comments caused her to tilt her head again as she listened. "I don't see why girls would have a problem having a conversation with you.. It doesn't appear like you are anything out of the ordinary." Her eyes quickly darted around the kitchen as if looking for anything out of place. This man didn't seem like the type who could do anything offensive, he had washed his dish directly after eating for heaven's sake. Sam was going to completely ignore the comment about pretty girls. She really didn't know how to respond to that. She couldn't help the smile that appeared on her face when Jordan made the comment about not being afraid of animals. "Well, I definitely won't bite you.."

Sensing the change in his mood Sam decided to simply keep quiet. At least for a few moments. After a couple minutes she wasn't able to keep her thoughts to herself anylonger. "That does seem like it would be odd.. Not only for the girls involved, but especially for you. Who knows what they were told to make them want to come here.." She cleared her throat awkwardly and began to play with the end of her hair as she spoke again. "Not that there's anything wrong with you, of course. It's just.. I don't know. That really doesn't seem like something that siblings would do. I can't imagine my brothers doing something like that.. Of course their friends are not the nicest people." She shrugged at that. "I'm sorry your sister put you through that."

"I think she's started to get the hint now," Jordan said with a shrug. "She hasn't visited in awhile and just calls when she wants to talk. And I feel like sisters are more pushy about that kind of stuff than a brother would be. But it's kind of hard to test that theory. Anyway, enough about me and my lack of a love or a social life, back to whatever plan we're gonna fly with." Realizing that he'd made another pun, he gave a half smile. "Besides, it's not like it hurt me at all. It was more amusing than anything else. So... well, we don't have to go along with that plan, we might be able to figure out something else. Just might take awhile to think of something."

((Sorry for the shorter response>.< Couldn't really think of anything else XD ))
"I think she's started to get the hint now," Jordan said with a shrug. "She hasn't visited in awhile and just calls when she wants to talk. And I feel like sisters are more pushy about that kind of stuff than a brother would be. But it's kind of hard to test that theory. Anyway, enough about me and my lack of a love or a social life, back to whatever plan we're gonna fly with." Realizing that he'd made another pun, he gave a half smile. "Besides, it's not like it hurt me at all. It was more amusing than anything else. So... well, we don't have to go along with that plan, we might be able to figure out something else. Just might take awhile to think of something."

((Sorry for the shorter response>.< Couldn't really think of anything else XD ))
"Mkay.." Sam leaned back and stretched for a moment with her arms above her head. There was still a little bit of pain in her shoulder as she stretched but it was obvious that it would be gone in a few days. "Like I said, I don't have a problem with the previously stated plan. I'll just have to dash back to the park and grab the clothes that I left there.." She paused for a couple of seconds as she thought about that. "They should be there.. hopefully." With a shrug she looked at Jordan once again, the joke that he had previously made finally hitting her causing a small smile. "I think we should stick to that plan, at least for now. Seems pretty feasible in my head." Blinking a few times she spoke once more, "where is it that you work? I mean, you do have a job right? Because believe it or not I don't take to being stuck indoors for extended periods of time very well. I'll probably have to stop by my job and tell the boss that I'll be gone for a little while, not that he'll mind." She grinned, knowing that the old man who owned the shop probably wouldn't even notice that she was gone but it would be impolite of her to not tell him that she wouldn't be around.
"Mkay.." Sam leaned back and stretched for a moment with her arms above her head. There was still a little bit of pain in her shoulder as she stretched but it was obvious that it would be gone in a few days. "Like I said, I don't have a problem with the previously stated plan. I'll just have to dash back to the park and grab the clothes that I left there.." She paused for a couple of seconds as she thought about that. "They should be there.. hopefully." With a shrug she looked at Jordan once again, the joke that he had previously made finally hitting her causing a small smile. "I think we should stick to that plan, at least for now. Seems pretty feasible in my head." Blinking a few times she spoke once more, "where is it that you work? I mean, you do have a job right? Because believe it or not I don't take to being stuck indoors for extended periods of time very well. I'll probably have to stop by my job and tell the boss that I'll be gone for a little while, not that he'll mind." She grinned, knowing that the old man who owned the shop probably wouldn't even notice that she was gone but it would be impolite of her to not tell him that she wouldn't be around.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15