Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR roleplay! (Open!)
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
@emeraldwolf42
((Sweet! Thanks. :D ))
@emeraldwolf42
((Sweet! Thanks. :D ))
fXdRkTP.png
Nocturna tipped her head at the Imperial as he stood up, taking note of the mud sticking to his scales around his scratch, which seemed a bit longer. She'd have to clean off the scales near it to prevent infection. Maybe she should get some chervil just in case... No. They'd already been attacked twice too many times.

She watched with a smile as the Tundra hatchling declared a race with Jaden, the Bogsneak she assumed, and pelted to the cave. She quickly scanned the canopy above them for any monsters that may leap down and attack the Imperial, the hatchlings, or herself, but saw nothing. She started to walk after them, slow enough that she wouldn't leave the Imperial but quick enough that she could leap after them to help if needed, when something glowing faintly caught her eye.

She stopped, curious, and turned towards the strange diminishing glow. She moved aside brush and bramble to get to the glow before it went out. Luckily, she found the source right before the light faded. A small, wet, Glowing Pocket Mouse was huddled underneath a talon-sized leaf, trying but failing to shelter itself from the storm. It's nose was tucked into it's belly, and it's tail was draped over it's head, yet it still seemed to have a hard time getting warm.

The sight of the poor creature struck a cord in Nocturna's heart, and with a small pitying chirping noise, she scooped up the small creature and placed it in the driest patch of her violet feathers, close to her chest. The mouse noticed the change of environment immediately, but did not protest. Instead, it let out a quiet happy squeak and burrowed under her feathers, steadily beginning to glow again. Nocturna turned around and began walking back to the cave a little quicker, not wanting the other dragons to notice the mouse.
Nocturna tipped her head at the Imperial as he stood up, taking note of the mud sticking to his scales around his scratch, which seemed a bit longer. She'd have to clean off the scales near it to prevent infection. Maybe she should get some chervil just in case... No. They'd already been attacked twice too many times.

She watched with a smile as the Tundra hatchling declared a race with Jaden, the Bogsneak she assumed, and pelted to the cave. She quickly scanned the canopy above them for any monsters that may leap down and attack the Imperial, the hatchlings, or herself, but saw nothing. She started to walk after them, slow enough that she wouldn't leave the Imperial but quick enough that she could leap after them to help if needed, when something glowing faintly caught her eye.

She stopped, curious, and turned towards the strange diminishing glow. She moved aside brush and bramble to get to the glow before it went out. Luckily, she found the source right before the light faded. A small, wet, Glowing Pocket Mouse was huddled underneath a talon-sized leaf, trying but failing to shelter itself from the storm. It's nose was tucked into it's belly, and it's tail was draped over it's head, yet it still seemed to have a hard time getting warm.

The sight of the poor creature struck a cord in Nocturna's heart, and with a small pitying chirping noise, she scooped up the small creature and placed it in the driest patch of her violet feathers, close to her chest. The mouse noticed the change of environment immediately, but did not protest. Instead, it let out a quiet happy squeak and burrowed under her feathers, steadily beginning to glow again. Nocturna turned around and began walking back to the cave a little quicker, not wanting the other dragons to notice the mouse.
vjFLC.gif she/her
ace/bi
+2 FR time
forever rambling
Ying gave her a silent look before throwing his gaze back at the wall.
Ying gave her a silent look before throwing his gaze back at the wall.
2e8yyk_by_theelfdruid-dchl0pk.gift03oxll_by_theelfdruid-dchl10y.jpg2e8z55_by_theelfdruid-dchl0ph.gif
@emeraldwolf42 ((Aww! Mousey!!))
@MintyDragon ((Sorry about the wait! Back to school, ugh...))

Jaden perked at the Tundra's invitation to race. 'Sure!' He giggled, chasing after her. She will be a nice friend. The girl seemed much like him, and not much of an age difference separated them. 'I'm gonna win!' He crowed, using his wings to propel himself.
Jaden burst forward, underestimating his wings' power. 'Ahhhhh!' The cave wall was looming closer by the second. Folding his feet under him to dodge, he flapped upwards. This was the small dragon's first time truly flying, not just hovering. He had no idea what to do. 'Help!' Jaden cried, as the other dragons and the forest slowly began to shrink.
@emeraldwolf42 ((Aww! Mousey!!))
@MintyDragon ((Sorry about the wait! Back to school, ugh...))

Jaden perked at the Tundra's invitation to race. 'Sure!' He giggled, chasing after her. She will be a nice friend. The girl seemed much like him, and not much of an age difference separated them. 'I'm gonna win!' He crowed, using his wings to propel himself.
Jaden burst forward, underestimating his wings' power. 'Ahhhhh!' The cave wall was looming closer by the second. Folding his feet under him to dodge, he flapped upwards. This was the small dragon's first time truly flying, not just hovering. He had no idea what to do. 'Help!' Jaden cried, as the other dragons and the forest slowly began to shrink.
fXdRkTP.png
@GoldenHeart343
Avarren was nearly at the cave when Jaden flew into the air. Thinking this was a new game, she flew up to join him. 'Help!' he cried. "Oh, have you never flown properly before?" exclaimed Avarren. "Just try to copy what I say, ok? Now, try to manoeuvre your body so that your head is facing downwards. Got that? Now, start flapping and you should hopefully be heading towards the ground. At the last minute, reduce the speed at which you're flapping and land on the ground." She hoped that that did the trick.
@GoldenHeart343
Avarren was nearly at the cave when Jaden flew into the air. Thinking this was a new game, she flew up to join him. 'Help!' he cried. "Oh, have you never flown properly before?" exclaimed Avarren. "Just try to copy what I say, ok? Now, try to manoeuvre your body so that your head is facing downwards. Got that? Now, start flapping and you should hopefully be heading towards the ground. At the last minute, reduce the speed at which you're flapping and land on the ground." She hoped that that did the trick.
0gldo0m.png
Ivory watched carefully, ready to catch if one fell.
Ivory watched carefully, ready to catch if one fell.
2e8yyk_by_theelfdruid-dchl0pk.gift03oxll_by_theelfdruid-dchl10y.jpg2e8z55_by_theelfdruid-dchl0ph.gif
Nocturna quickly slipped into the cave, skirting around the fire and the other dragons to get to the crack in the wall containing the others herbs. She reached her talon in and pulled out all the needed herbs, then placed the mouse carefully in the crack on top of the remaining leaves. The mouse's glow dimmed for an instant, but as it shuffled and sniffed around the crevice and in the herbs, it began to glow brightly once more and settled down on top of the green leaves.

Nocturna positioned herself so the mouse's glow would be hidden by her body, unsure how the other dragons would react. She didn't know why, but she felt strangely protective of the little creature. Locating two flat stones, Nocturna began to chop and mash the marigold and some strengthening herbs and berries into a poultice. She hummed softly as she did so, but it was not a pleasant sound to most dragon ears. Scratchy and lacking a n identifiable tune, her humming was actually quiet good in the minds of Coatls. But to other dragons? Let's just say her humming had been compared to the sound a Nekomata makes after being made in Baldwin's cauldron. That was why she hummed quietly around other dragon species.

Finally, she finished making the poultice. She looked up from the leaf mash at the Imperial, hwo seemed focused on a nearby wall. She opened her mouth to call out his name, but closed it as she realized she didn't know it. Hadn't the Nocturne said it once...? Instead, she waved her tail and hissed "Come here!" at the purple Imperial.
Nocturna quickly slipped into the cave, skirting around the fire and the other dragons to get to the crack in the wall containing the others herbs. She reached her talon in and pulled out all the needed herbs, then placed the mouse carefully in the crack on top of the remaining leaves. The mouse's glow dimmed for an instant, but as it shuffled and sniffed around the crevice and in the herbs, it began to glow brightly once more and settled down on top of the green leaves.

Nocturna positioned herself so the mouse's glow would be hidden by her body, unsure how the other dragons would react. She didn't know why, but she felt strangely protective of the little creature. Locating two flat stones, Nocturna began to chop and mash the marigold and some strengthening herbs and berries into a poultice. She hummed softly as she did so, but it was not a pleasant sound to most dragon ears. Scratchy and lacking a n identifiable tune, her humming was actually quiet good in the minds of Coatls. But to other dragons? Let's just say her humming had been compared to the sound a Nekomata makes after being made in Baldwin's cauldron. That was why she hummed quietly around other dragon species.

Finally, she finished making the poultice. She looked up from the leaf mash at the Imperial, hwo seemed focused on a nearby wall. She opened her mouth to call out his name, but closed it as she realized she didn't know it. Hadn't the Nocturne said it once...? Instead, she waved her tail and hissed "Come here!" at the purple Imperial.
vjFLC.gif she/her
ace/bi
+2 FR time
forever rambling
Ying looked at her, not quite pleased with being hissed at, but he walked over. He was used to it (as his clan scolded him much) and it might as well have been a call in the Coatl language like how Nereus and Topaz spoke. Whatever, he settled down quietly next to Nocturna.
Ying looked at her, not quite pleased with being hissed at, but he walked over. He was used to it (as his clan scolded him much) and it might as well have been a call in the Coatl language like how Nereus and Topaz spoke. Whatever, he settled down quietly next to Nocturna.
Nocturna noticed the Imperial's displeased expression with a small pang of fear, which could be seen for a split second on her face. Quickly thinking, Nocturna could only assume it was how her voice had formed into a hiss. She had met multiple dragons before that did not like how Coatl voices sounded. If the Imperial didn't like it, he was nicer about it than a few she had seen. But what could she do? Some Coatls even sounded worse. Nocturna smiled a small smile before talking to show that she had not meant the hiss to be rude or leering.

"I finished the poultice for your wounds." Nocturna explained, motioning to the poultice clumped on the rock. The chickfern leaves were sitting nearby. Nocturna shifted nervously, revealing some of the mouse's light behind her. She didn't know why, but she felt that she needed to explain herself with more than a smile. Perhaps it was something in the Imperial's expression. Or maybe it was her fear o- She glanced at the Imperial - nevermind.

"Sorry I hissed." Nocturna apologized. "I did not mean to. My voice does not make it any easier." She explained, raising her talon her lightly touch her throat. "I was going to call your name, but I realized I do not know it." She continued. "I apologize if I seemed rude." Her voice was hardly any better than before. Clicks and hisses scattered her speech. Certain letters and word combinations thinned or thickened into a whistle, hiss, or click. She studied the Imperial scratch, desperate to move on. "I will need to clean off the areas around the wounds before I can apply the poultice." She explained.
Nocturna noticed the Imperial's displeased expression with a small pang of fear, which could be seen for a split second on her face. Quickly thinking, Nocturna could only assume it was how her voice had formed into a hiss. She had met multiple dragons before that did not like how Coatl voices sounded. If the Imperial didn't like it, he was nicer about it than a few she had seen. But what could she do? Some Coatls even sounded worse. Nocturna smiled a small smile before talking to show that she had not meant the hiss to be rude or leering.

"I finished the poultice for your wounds." Nocturna explained, motioning to the poultice clumped on the rock. The chickfern leaves were sitting nearby. Nocturna shifted nervously, revealing some of the mouse's light behind her. She didn't know why, but she felt that she needed to explain herself with more than a smile. Perhaps it was something in the Imperial's expression. Or maybe it was her fear o- She glanced at the Imperial - nevermind.

"Sorry I hissed." Nocturna apologized. "I did not mean to. My voice does not make it any easier." She explained, raising her talon her lightly touch her throat. "I was going to call your name, but I realized I do not know it." She continued. "I apologize if I seemed rude." Her voice was hardly any better than before. Clicks and hisses scattered her speech. Certain letters and word combinations thinned or thickened into a whistle, hiss, or click. She studied the Imperial scratch, desperate to move on. "I will need to clean off the areas around the wounds before I can apply the poultice." She explained.
vjFLC.gif she/her
ace/bi
+2 FR time
forever rambling
"My name is YingYang." he said, noticing the glow behind her. It reminded him of one of their familiars in their clan but he didn't really care. "Go ahead and do what you like with my wound." he said shortly thereafter.
"My name is YingYang." he said, noticing the glow behind her. It reminded him of one of their familiars in their clan but he didn't really care. "Go ahead and do what you like with my wound." he said shortly thereafter.
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20