Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Shattered Sky IC
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28 29
@DuskyFlareon @Pandacow @DragoGirl

Gourd turned around as he saw Midnight and Blackberry go outside. He followed them, hearing their remarks on the 'cloud of dust.' His night vision flared up as he got a closer look. Suddenly, his heart started beating faster. That definitely wasn't a cloud of dust... and these guys definitely weren't coming to make friends...

Gourd stepped forward, arching his back and growling fiercely, a flash of recognition crossing his eyes. He knew these guys all too well, and he wasn't ready to back down. He reached for his cleaver, which started to glow. He looked at BlackBerry and Midnight with a determined expression. "Prepare for a fight," he told them. He then glanced at Midnight. "You're right about not trusting them; these guys didn't come to play..."

If they want a fight, they just got one, Gourd thought, anger surging through him once again. He started to feel venom drip from his fangs as he watched the 'cloud' closely.

~Othi~

Othi noticed that there was definitely more than one dragon standing outside of the cave. But they seemed to be fairly relaxed, just watching the marionettes come; except for one. That one was reaching for a weapon, clearly figuring out that they were a threat. Oh dear... looks like we're gonna have to fight... Othi thought with dread. He then got a closer look at the dragon who found them out and grinned. Well, at least we found who we've been looking for... he thought with satisfaction. "Sssorry missstresss..." he said under his breath. "But we're taking thessse onesss on..."

Othi then gave his squad a new objective; swarm all of them. He forgot that he was disobeying his mistress and replaced it with the excitement of getting to finally fight. Haven't done that in a long time, after all. Not since we fought that one dragon a long time ago. Othi laughed, preparing to storm the dragons waiting outside of the cave.

@DuskyFlareon @Pandacow @DragoGirl

Gourd turned around as he saw Midnight and Blackberry go outside. He followed them, hearing their remarks on the 'cloud of dust.' His night vision flared up as he got a closer look. Suddenly, his heart started beating faster. That definitely wasn't a cloud of dust... and these guys definitely weren't coming to make friends...

Gourd stepped forward, arching his back and growling fiercely, a flash of recognition crossing his eyes. He knew these guys all too well, and he wasn't ready to back down. He reached for his cleaver, which started to glow. He looked at BlackBerry and Midnight with a determined expression. "Prepare for a fight," he told them. He then glanced at Midnight. "You're right about not trusting them; these guys didn't come to play..."

If they want a fight, they just got one, Gourd thought, anger surging through him once again. He started to feel venom drip from his fangs as he watched the 'cloud' closely.

~Othi~

Othi noticed that there was definitely more than one dragon standing outside of the cave. But they seemed to be fairly relaxed, just watching the marionettes come; except for one. That one was reaching for a weapon, clearly figuring out that they were a threat. Oh dear... looks like we're gonna have to fight... Othi thought with dread. He then got a closer look at the dragon who found them out and grinned. Well, at least we found who we've been looking for... he thought with satisfaction. "Sssorry missstresss..." he said under his breath. "But we're taking thessse onesss on..."

Othi then gave his squad a new objective; swarm all of them. He forgot that he was disobeying his mistress and replaced it with the excitement of getting to finally fight. Haven't done that in a long time, after all. Not since we fought that one dragon a long time ago. Othi laughed, preparing to storm the dragons waiting outside of the cave.

JO3IUDA.png
@SoulLugia11 @Pandacow @DragoGirl

Windsinger headed towards the direction the explosion had been in. What he saw shocked.

Stormcatcher was unconscious, his body smoking. The Tempest Spire was all but destroyed. There was a break in the sky, and he saw a flying ship go through.

"What happened here?!"
@SoulLugia11 @Pandacow @DragoGirl

Windsinger headed towards the direction the explosion had been in. What he saw shocked.

Stormcatcher was unconscious, his body smoking. The Tempest Spire was all but destroyed. There was a break in the sky, and he saw a flying ship go through.

"What happened here?!"

He/him | FRT+1 x
BlackBerry

Hearing Gourd's remark she stepped back, not wanting to fight. "I-I can't do this," she said as Midnight huffed, glaring at her. "I can't be arguing with you right now, either you can fight, or you perish," she said, as BlackBerry thought, then nodded confidently. "Alright, I'll do it, but only because it's for something I care for," she said as she stared at the dust cloud, preparing to fight the creatures in it.

Midnight

She looked at BlackBerry, seeing the change in her she lowly laughed. "Glad that you can actually defend yourself," she said as BlackBerry glanced down at her. "As I said, if it's worth fighting for, you should change to do it," she repeated as Midnight nodded, looking back at the dust cloud as BlackBerry stepped forward, preparing to fight.
BlackBerry

Hearing Gourd's remark she stepped back, not wanting to fight. "I-I can't do this," she said as Midnight huffed, glaring at her. "I can't be arguing with you right now, either you can fight, or you perish," she said, as BlackBerry thought, then nodded confidently. "Alright, I'll do it, but only because it's for something I care for," she said as she stared at the dust cloud, preparing to fight the creatures in it.

Midnight

She looked at BlackBerry, seeing the change in her she lowly laughed. "Glad that you can actually defend yourself," she said as BlackBerry glanced down at her. "As I said, if it's worth fighting for, you should change to do it," she repeated as Midnight nodded, looking back at the dust cloud as BlackBerry stepped forward, preparing to fight.
When everything feels like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top.
@DragoGirl @DuskyFlareon @Pandacow
(by the way, any of you can control the puppets following Othi if you want; for me, it helps the scene that way) ;)

~Grox ship~

Shadouuzua suddenly felt troubled as she realized that Othi was going against her command. What?? Why are you fools attacking? I told you not to! She became a little restless until she figured out why they were attacking. Their target must be with a group of dragons... at this point, she considered going out herself to find Othi and the rest of her marionettes, but then decided to stay put. Nothing could go wrong... right? They'll probably be able to handle them as long as they strike together...

~Gourd~

Gourd felt bad for BlackBerry; after all, she is the nicest dragon he's met so far. But these things needed to be taken care of. He knew how strong they were when attacking in swarms, so he honestly felt unsure of their chances. Don't judge a book by... Gourd didn't finish that thought. He was dealing with enough stress, he didn't need more by repeating his custom to himself, especially when these guys were involved. He started feeling worried about BlackBerry's chances in particular, but he reminded himself to have faith in her. If anything went downhill, he would help her out unless Midnight did... in which case he would do it anyway.

No one here deserves to become their victims today! he thought, now ready to face the threat. The cloud got closer and he could make out all the marionettes; the draconic ones, the bogsneak ones, and finally, a white one in the center. He hoped the others were ready as the marionettes started descending upon the cave.
(by the way, any of you can control the puppets following Othi if you want; for me, it helps the scene that way) ;)

~Grox ship~

Shadouuzua suddenly felt troubled as she realized that Othi was going against her command. What?? Why are you fools attacking? I told you not to! She became a little restless until she figured out why they were attacking. Their target must be with a group of dragons... at this point, she considered going out herself to find Othi and the rest of her marionettes, but then decided to stay put. Nothing could go wrong... right? They'll probably be able to handle them as long as they strike together...

~Gourd~

Gourd felt bad for BlackBerry; after all, she is the nicest dragon he's met so far. But these things needed to be taken care of. He knew how strong they were when attacking in swarms, so he honestly felt unsure of their chances. Don't judge a book by... Gourd didn't finish that thought. He was dealing with enough stress, he didn't need more by repeating his custom to himself, especially when these guys were involved. He started feeling worried about BlackBerry's chances in particular, but he reminded himself to have faith in her. If anything went downhill, he would help her out unless Midnight did... in which case he would do it anyway.

No one here deserves to become their victims today! he thought, now ready to face the threat. The cloud got closer and he could make out all the marionettes; the draconic ones, the bogsneak ones, and finally, a white one in the center. He hoped the others were ready as the marionettes started descending upon the cave.
JO3IUDA.png
I'll break this up. @DragoGirl @SoulLugia11 @duskyflareon
Sans immediately placed himself between the swarm and the rest of the dragons. "Get back." he said, aiming the comment at both parties. "I'll handle this."

His claws began to glow and lightning arced across his form as he launched a single bolt at the feet of the leading puppet in warning. "Take one more step only if you wish me to end your miserable existence." he said to the hoard of puppets, his voice powerful and commanding daring any of them to step closer.
I'll break this up. @DragoGirl @SoulLugia11 @duskyflareon
Sans immediately placed himself between the swarm and the rest of the dragons. "Get back." he said, aiming the comment at both parties. "I'll handle this."

His claws began to glow and lightning arced across his form as he launched a single bolt at the feet of the leading puppet in warning. "Take one more step only if you wish me to end your miserable existence." he said to the hoard of puppets, his voice powerful and commanding daring any of them to step closer.
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
BlackBerry

She stepped back along with Midnight, as BlackBerry looked up at the Guardian. 'Thank the stars he intervened,' she thought as she sighed, lowering her head, as if bowing to him. She looked back up, looking back at the now visible marionettes. She gasped at the amount of them, backing up slightly, feeling slightly overwhelmed. Her instinct started to kick in as she started to step back, heading into the back of the cave, Midnight staring after her.

Midnight

'Guess she'll just perish,' she thought as she snorted, soon forgetting about her. 'Don't need to take care of somebody that can't take care of themselves anyways,' she thought as she looked back at the horde, arching her back. Making her appear bigger she got into a defensive pose, as she bared her teeth, hissing lowly.
BlackBerry

She stepped back along with Midnight, as BlackBerry looked up at the Guardian. 'Thank the stars he intervened,' she thought as she sighed, lowering her head, as if bowing to him. She looked back up, looking back at the now visible marionettes. She gasped at the amount of them, backing up slightly, feeling slightly overwhelmed. Her instinct started to kick in as she started to step back, heading into the back of the cave, Midnight staring after her.

Midnight

'Guess she'll just perish,' she thought as she snorted, soon forgetting about her. 'Don't need to take care of somebody that can't take care of themselves anyways,' she thought as she looked back at the horde, arching her back. Making her appear bigger she got into a defensive pose, as she bared her teeth, hissing lowly.
When everything feels like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top.
(we'll see about that)

Othi nearly yelped when lightning was launched at his feet. But he told himself to be calm; his mistress was counting on it. He heard a warning come from a large blue guardian with a white hood and glowing blue claws. He lifted both of his arms yet, creating the illusion of surrender. In reality, it was a signal for his marionette troop to follow. They split into two large groups, flying in opposite directions from each other. "I'm sorry about that... I can't take another step forward," said Othi. He then grinned. "Because I'm in the air, not on the ground!" He turned to the separate swarms. "Attack now!" he ordered. Othi darted out of the way in case the guardian would fire lightning at him after this, but as he flew to the side, he got a glance of two mirrors and two skydancers. However, his eyes rested on one mirror; the one that found them out earlier. He looked a little familiar....

Othi was interrupted as that same mirror yelled a warning at the guardian. The fleet closed in on both sides, most of them moving around the guardian, intent on attacking the dragons inside, some of them flying behind the cave while the other ones attempting to distract the guardian.

~Gourd~

Gourd felt a little startled at the order that Sans gave, but he didn't argue otherwise. Though he wasn't sure how Midnight would take that... probably not very well. He noticed BlackBerry backing up... he assumed it was because of the sheer amount of puppets. He felt a strong desire to protect her from these things and comfort her later, but he immediately noticed the marionettes spitting into two separate groups. Oh no...

"Sans!" he yelled. "They're coming from both sides! Don't let them get past you!"

Wait, how did I know his name?... doesn't matter right now. he thought. But Gourd had a feeling that at least some would get past Sans. He fully withdrew his cleaver and let out a deep growl as he stood beside Midnight, ready to fight as the marionettes were closing in.
(we'll see about that)

Othi nearly yelped when lightning was launched at his feet. But he told himself to be calm; his mistress was counting on it. He heard a warning come from a large blue guardian with a white hood and glowing blue claws. He lifted both of his arms yet, creating the illusion of surrender. In reality, it was a signal for his marionette troop to follow. They split into two large groups, flying in opposite directions from each other. "I'm sorry about that... I can't take another step forward," said Othi. He then grinned. "Because I'm in the air, not on the ground!" He turned to the separate swarms. "Attack now!" he ordered. Othi darted out of the way in case the guardian would fire lightning at him after this, but as he flew to the side, he got a glance of two mirrors and two skydancers. However, his eyes rested on one mirror; the one that found them out earlier. He looked a little familiar....

Othi was interrupted as that same mirror yelled a warning at the guardian. The fleet closed in on both sides, most of them moving around the guardian, intent on attacking the dragons inside, some of them flying behind the cave while the other ones attempting to distract the guardian.

~Gourd~

Gourd felt a little startled at the order that Sans gave, but he didn't argue otherwise. Though he wasn't sure how Midnight would take that... probably not very well. He noticed BlackBerry backing up... he assumed it was because of the sheer amount of puppets. He felt a strong desire to protect her from these things and comfort her later, but he immediately noticed the marionettes spitting into two separate groups. Oh no...

"Sans!" he yelled. "They're coming from both sides! Don't let them get past you!"

Wait, how did I know his name?... doesn't matter right now. he thought. But Gourd had a feeling that at least some would get past Sans. He fully withdrew his cleaver and let out a deep growl as he stood beside Midnight, ready to fight as the marionettes were closing in.
JO3IUDA.png
@DragoGirl @SoulLugia11 @duskyflareon
(*megalovania intensifies)

"Not gonna happen freind." sans said, his face grim. Leading his shot, he aimed a bolt at the white puppet and fired with deadly accuracy. "Cut off the head, and the body withers away."

For good measure he slammed his fist into the ground and a wall of lightning erupted in front of the cave, blocking off the any more of the puppets that have yet to enter the cave. "Are you afraid to face me alone? Defeat me and i'll let you in the cave." he said, swinging his gaze side to side and letting the puppets surround him and get as close as he dared before he let out a roar and lightning arced from his form to the closest of the wooden creatures, setting it aflame.

"I have fought against worse odds then this. You're gonna have to try a little harder puppetmaster."
@DragoGirl @SoulLugia11 @duskyflareon
(*megalovania intensifies)

"Not gonna happen freind." sans said, his face grim. Leading his shot, he aimed a bolt at the white puppet and fired with deadly accuracy. "Cut off the head, and the body withers away."

For good measure he slammed his fist into the ground and a wall of lightning erupted in front of the cave, blocking off the any more of the puppets that have yet to enter the cave. "Are you afraid to face me alone? Defeat me and i'll let you in the cave." he said, swinging his gaze side to side and letting the puppets surround him and get as close as he dared before he let out a roar and lightning arced from his form to the closest of the wooden creatures, setting it aflame.

"I have fought against worse odds then this. You're gonna have to try a little harder puppetmaster."
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
Midnight

She started to snap and claw at the marionettes as they neared her, letting out a low growl every once in a while. BlackBerry passed her mind frequently, taking her mind away from the fighting and it irritated her majorly. The marionettes swarmed her every time, and she glanced back at the cave every now and then. 'Can you get out of my mind now?!' she yelled mentally as another image flashed. All of a sudden a heartbreaking image appeared, halting her actions. They swarmed, taking her down as she was defenseless. Pain flooded her as scratches were cut into her, bites were taken.

Finally her armor started to glow a faint white as her armor strengthened. In turn her muscles stung, but she still shakily got up. 'Can't take me down that easily,' she thought as she started fighting ruthlessly, the image quickly fading away.

BlackBerry

She sat in the back of the cave, facing away from the entrance, tail curled around her. She laid her head down, blocking the sounds from outside. 'I'm going to be left here to die, and it's all my fault,' she thought as shame overtook her. She felt saddened, and she closed her eyes, wanting to stay out of the fight.
Midnight

She started to snap and claw at the marionettes as they neared her, letting out a low growl every once in a while. BlackBerry passed her mind frequently, taking her mind away from the fighting and it irritated her majorly. The marionettes swarmed her every time, and she glanced back at the cave every now and then. 'Can you get out of my mind now?!' she yelled mentally as another image flashed. All of a sudden a heartbreaking image appeared, halting her actions. They swarmed, taking her down as she was defenseless. Pain flooded her as scratches were cut into her, bites were taken.

Finally her armor started to glow a faint white as her armor strengthened. In turn her muscles stung, but she still shakily got up. 'Can't take me down that easily,' she thought as she started fighting ruthlessly, the image quickly fading away.

BlackBerry

She sat in the back of the cave, facing away from the entrance, tail curled around her. She laid her head down, blocking the sounds from outside. 'I'm going to be left here to die, and it's all my fault,' she thought as shame overtook her. She felt saddened, and she closed her eyes, wanting to stay out of the fight.
Xeno watched the fight from her hiding place, practically invisible from her spot behind the cave. She wondered if she should, perhaps at a tough point in the battle, burst in and "save" the day. It would certainly make the dragons favor her more, especially the rot-wing. So she decided to do that if there was a point in the battle that they were losing. It could be beneficial to her and the side she was on, of course..

Pressing herself against the cave wall, Xeno and her rider making no sound while she watched the battle closely from her secluded spot.
Xeno watched the fight from her hiding place, practically invisible from her spot behind the cave. She wondered if she should, perhaps at a tough point in the battle, burst in and "save" the day. It would certainly make the dragons favor her more, especially the rot-wing. So she decided to do that if there was a point in the battle that they were losing. It could be beneficial to her and the side she was on, of course..

Pressing herself against the cave wall, Xeno and her rider making no sound while she watched the battle closely from her secluded spot.
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28 29