Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Trading Post | Open
1 2 3
(Hello and welcome! This is a dragon roleplay taking place in Sornieth's trading hub. Dragons of all kinds gather to trade, sell, buy, brew, and remind Tomo of interesting facts. This makes it a perfect place to throw your dragons in, get a feel for their personalities, have them interact with new dragons, and everything else you can get out of a casual dragon roleplay.

Crim, Pinkerton, Swipp, Pipp, Tripp, Tomo, and Baldwin are background characters who you can play for interactions, but don't outright use them for the roleplay. They're busy doing their own thing. ;)

Here are some rules:
  • You don't have to ask to join! Just jump in and write up what your dragons are up to.
  • If you respond to anyone in specific, make sure to ping them in your reply.
  • Don't play other people's dragons! Let them respond with what their dragons do or say. Don't do it for them. Just play your own dragons.
  • You can play as many of your own dragons as you like, but try to be reasonable.
  • Make sure to follow FR's guidelines. No explicit stuff, no gore, all that.
  • Have fun!

I'll post my intro and we can get going!)
(Hello and welcome! This is a dragon roleplay taking place in Sornieth's trading hub. Dragons of all kinds gather to trade, sell, buy, brew, and remind Tomo of interesting facts. This makes it a perfect place to throw your dragons in, get a feel for their personalities, have them interact with new dragons, and everything else you can get out of a casual dragon roleplay.

Crim, Pinkerton, Swipp, Pipp, Tripp, Tomo, and Baldwin are background characters who you can play for interactions, but don't outright use them for the roleplay. They're busy doing their own thing. ;)

Here are some rules:
  • You don't have to ask to join! Just jump in and write up what your dragons are up to.
  • If you respond to anyone in specific, make sure to ping them in your reply.
  • Don't play other people's dragons! Let them respond with what their dragons do or say. Don't do it for them. Just play your own dragons.
  • You can play as many of your own dragons as you like, but try to be reasonable.
  • Make sure to follow FR's guidelines. No explicit stuff, no gore, all that.
  • Have fun!

I'll post my intro and we can get going!)
trans 8upyv5b.png
fSLriXt.png
Jace | He/Him | 23 | FR+1
unknown.png
DyNrws8.png
zFqmlqZ.png
"An [i]Onyx Cobra?[/i] Are you kidding me?!" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7442127] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/74422/7442127_350.png[/img] [/url] Tox slammed the ticket back down on Crim's desk, scattering some of her papers in the wake. "Do you have any idea how valuable those are? I'm not giving one to you for five hundred treasure!" Crim opened her mouth to speak, but Tox didn't give her a chance as he snatched a different ticket and stuffed it into his scarf. "I put up with a lot of your ridiculousness, but do you have any idea -" He was cut off by the claws of a Fae covering his mouth. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16654433] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/166545/16654433_350.png[/img] [/url] "Sorry about him," Cantio said with a sheepish smile. "He's just a bit grumpy today." He let go of Tox's mouth as his friend glared at him, then tugged on the fringe of Tox's scarf to get him to come away from Crim's desk. "You can't just blow up at other dragons like that, Tox!" Cantio said once they were several feet away, back in the crowd of commoner dragons. He still held the end of his friend's scarf in his claws. "I know those cobras are important to your studies, but how was she supposed to know that?" Tox sighed and lashed his tail. "I don't even know why I'm here," he said rather than answer the question. "[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=98525&tab=dragon&did=14211457]Basil[/url] could be doing this. I hate running errands." Cantio let go of Tox's scarf and fluttered up so they were eye-to-eye when Tox looked at him again. The attention seemed to make the little Fae nervous, but he stayed determined. "You've got to actually socialize once in a while," he said. "Basil and I aren't the entire world, Tox. Besides, you can get lots of good things here!" Tox glanced over at the towering pile of junk sitting behind a very bored Pinkerton, who was talking with another dragon about his sister's hoarding problem. "I guess." Cantio smiled, then gave his friend a pat on the nose. When Tox turned to look at him again, he seemed to regret the contact and dropped back to the ground with his crests low. Before he could say sorry, however, Tox had started walking, and Cantio scrambled to follow. "Look at that cauldron over there," Tox said as Baldwin's came into view. "[i]Amateurs.[/i]"
"An Onyx Cobra? Are you kidding me?!"

7442127_350.png

Tox slammed the ticket back down on Crim's desk, scattering some of her papers in the wake. "Do you have any idea how valuable those are? I'm not giving one to you for five hundred treasure!"

Crim opened her mouth to speak, but Tox didn't give her a chance as he snatched a different ticket and stuffed it into his scarf. "I put up with a lot of your ridiculousness, but do you have any idea -"

He was cut off by the claws of a Fae covering his mouth.

16654433_350.png

"Sorry about him," Cantio said with a sheepish smile. "He's just a bit grumpy today." He let go of Tox's mouth as his friend glared at him, then tugged on the fringe of Tox's scarf to get him to come away from Crim's desk.

"You can't just blow up at other dragons like that, Tox!" Cantio said once they were several feet away, back in the crowd of commoner dragons. He still held the end of his friend's scarf in his claws. "I know those cobras are important to your studies, but how was she supposed to know that?"

Tox sighed and lashed his tail. "I don't even know why I'm here," he said rather than answer the question. "Basil could be doing this. I hate running errands."

Cantio let go of Tox's scarf and fluttered up so they were eye-to-eye when Tox looked at him again. The attention seemed to make the little Fae nervous, but he stayed determined.

"You've got to actually socialize once in a while," he said. "Basil and I aren't the entire world, Tox. Besides, you can get lots of good things here!"

Tox glanced over at the towering pile of junk sitting behind a very bored Pinkerton, who was talking with another dragon about his sister's hoarding problem.

"I guess."

Cantio smiled, then gave his friend a pat on the nose. When Tox turned to look at him again, he seemed to regret the contact and dropped back to the ground with his crests low. Before he could say sorry, however, Tox had started walking, and Cantio scrambled to follow.

"Look at that cauldron over there," Tox said as Baldwin's came into view. "Amateurs."
trans 8upyv5b.png
fSLriXt.png
unknown.png
DyNrws8.png
zFqmlqZ.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19239410] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/192395/19239410_350.png[/img] [/url] It was with a cautious step that a scratched-up mirror dragon limped toward the cluster of signs and sat back up on his haunches to read them with his back set of eyes, letting out an irritable snort as he did so. This copper-colored beast seemed rather jumpy, and his rather slim form was not adorned with any considerable wealth or fashion of the day. There was a simple satchel tossed over one of his wings, which seemed to be tied down tightly with a complicated knot of woven string. Magister removed a piece of paper from his bag and inspected it, snorting at whatever was written on it, and began looking around awkwardly. It was now that Magister realized that he was completely and utterly lost.

19239410_350.png

It was with a cautious step that a scratched-up mirror dragon limped toward the cluster of signs and sat back up on his haunches to read them with his back set of eyes, letting out an irritable snort as he did so. This copper-colored beast seemed rather jumpy, and his rather slim form was not adorned with any considerable wealth or fashion of the day. There was a simple satchel tossed over one of his wings, which seemed to be tied down tightly with a complicated knot of woven string.

Magister removed a piece of paper from his bag and inspected it, snorting at whatever was written on it, and began looking around awkwardly. It was now that Magister realized that he was completely and utterly lost.
Delirio_Sleep.gif
-

Monster Collector

-
@Sylveadiff

(Hey! Welcome to the forums! c:)

As they approached the sign post, it was Cantio who noticed the Mirror standing nearby, looking jittery and very fish-out-of-water. Without waiting for Tox to notice as well, Cantio jumped up into flight and glided over to the other dragon, eager to help even if he was likely about to scare the Mirror out of his skin.

"Hello," he greeted as Tox finally noticed he had flown off and glared at him, as though he could see it. "You look a bit lost. Are you alright?"

"Is this socializing to you?" Tox asked as he walked up behind his friend. "Going up to complete strangers?"
@Sylveadiff

(Hey! Welcome to the forums! c:)

As they approached the sign post, it was Cantio who noticed the Mirror standing nearby, looking jittery and very fish-out-of-water. Without waiting for Tox to notice as well, Cantio jumped up into flight and glided over to the other dragon, eager to help even if he was likely about to scare the Mirror out of his skin.

"Hello," he greeted as Tox finally noticed he had flown off and glared at him, as though he could see it. "You look a bit lost. Are you alright?"

"Is this socializing to you?" Tox asked as he walked up behind his friend. "Going up to complete strangers?"
trans 8upyv5b.png
fSLriXt.png
unknown.png
DyNrws8.png
zFqmlqZ.png
[center]@Tox @Sylveadiff[/center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18988995] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/189890/18988995_350.png[/img] [/url] A young Imperial sniffed at the cauldron and smirked. She threw in multiple things and cackled at the sight of the pot bubbling. She circled around it, waiting for something to happen. Frowning she sighed and played with her fluorescent violet claws. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14880359] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/148804/14880359_350.png[/img] [/url] A crimson and lavender Fae hovered overhead whispering things to himself and writing things down on a scroll. "You know, Alkaline, if you want to become an Alchemist you're going to have to try," Rhodolite said, his fins waving as he narrowed his eyes. Not that anyone could see although. "Whatever," Alkaline replied. Nothing seemed to bother her that much, a bored expression placed on her face. "I can't wait for tonight!" she exclaimed, jumping up at the sudden memory. "What... is tonight?" Rhodolite asked carefully, not wanting to make the young dragon go insane. Too late. The Imperial snapped her head towards the small red-velvet Fae, her eyes very wide. "What's tonight?[i][u] What's tonight?![/u][/i] I'm getting my title! So soon! Mother says that no one in the clan has ever gotten a title this soon! She says that I might be the [i]"Midnight Bloom"[/i] or [i]"Stardust Flower"[/i] or something like that! Isn't it exciting?!" she practically screamed. Rhodolite nodded hesitantly. It was true, even he hadn't gotten his title in the clan yet. Blushing a bright crimson, he lowered his crest and shook his head. He pointed to the cauldron before making his attention back into the depths of his notes. Alkaline smiled proudly, he silks draping off of her antlers and such as she turned back and looked at her alchemy.

18988995_350.png

A young Imperial sniffed at the cauldron and smirked. She threw in multiple things and cackled at the sight of the pot bubbling. She circled around it, waiting for something to happen. Frowning she sighed and played with her fluorescent violet claws.

14880359_350.png

A crimson and lavender Fae hovered overhead whispering things to himself and writing things down on a scroll. "You know, Alkaline, if you want to become an Alchemist you're going to have to try," Rhodolite said, his fins waving as he narrowed his eyes. Not that anyone could see although.

"Whatever," Alkaline replied. Nothing seemed to bother her that much, a bored expression placed on her face. "I can't wait for tonight!" she exclaimed, jumping up at the sudden memory.

"What... is tonight?" Rhodolite asked carefully, not wanting to make the young dragon go insane. Too late. The Imperial snapped her head towards the small red-velvet Fae, her eyes very wide.

"What's tonight? What's tonight?! I'm getting my title! So soon! Mother says that no one in the clan has ever gotten a title this soon! She says that I might be the "Midnight Bloom" or "Stardust Flower" or something like that! Isn't it exciting?!" she practically screamed.

Rhodolite nodded hesitantly. It was true, even he hadn't gotten his title in the clan yet. Blushing a bright crimson, he lowered his crest and shook his head. He pointed to the cauldron before making his attention back into the depths of his notes.

Alkaline smiled proudly, he silks draping off of her antlers and such as she turned back and looked at her alchemy.
♥ indie - they/xir - 8teen ♥
k6vnXSz.gif
@Hirvio

Tox looked back towards Baldwin's as he heard a commotion. He could leave well enough alone, of course - he wasn't the sort who interacted well with others - but seeing dragons actually interested in alchemy did bring a sort of happiness up inside of him. Even if he thought Baldwin was a crazy old codger.

He left Cantio's side, sure that his small friend would be able to handle himself, and approached the two dragons by the brew. Compared to them he felt... unimpressive. Not in intelligence or talent, of course (he was quite cocky about those), but in appearance. They gave off such an air of regality that for a moment he hesitated in even interacting with them.

The moment passed, and he set himself down by the cauldron as if he belonged there.

"Fellow alchemists, I take it?" he asked, calmly as he could, as he peered into the bubbling goop. If Baldwin recognized him from his previous aggressive visits, he made no show of it as he watched his cauldron from a few feet away. "I'm an alchemist myself," Tox said. "I have my own brew in my lair, in fact."

Yes, that was impressive. Surely they would be interested in him.

He really had no idea how to interact with others.
@Hirvio

Tox looked back towards Baldwin's as he heard a commotion. He could leave well enough alone, of course - he wasn't the sort who interacted well with others - but seeing dragons actually interested in alchemy did bring a sort of happiness up inside of him. Even if he thought Baldwin was a crazy old codger.

He left Cantio's side, sure that his small friend would be able to handle himself, and approached the two dragons by the brew. Compared to them he felt... unimpressive. Not in intelligence or talent, of course (he was quite cocky about those), but in appearance. They gave off such an air of regality that for a moment he hesitated in even interacting with them.

The moment passed, and he set himself down by the cauldron as if he belonged there.

"Fellow alchemists, I take it?" he asked, calmly as he could, as he peered into the bubbling goop. If Baldwin recognized him from his previous aggressive visits, he made no show of it as he watched his cauldron from a few feet away. "I'm an alchemist myself," Tox said. "I have my own brew in my lair, in fact."

Yes, that was impressive. Surely they would be interested in him.

He really had no idea how to interact with others.
trans 8upyv5b.png
fSLriXt.png
unknown.png
DyNrws8.png
zFqmlqZ.png
@Tox @Sylveadiff @Hirvio [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17896523] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/178966/17896523_350.png[/img] [/url] "Did you know, an alchemist can make new familiars? Out of goos and oozes and sludges? And slime and muck?" An animated tundra was making her way through the throng of dragons, dragging behind her a distracted wildclaw, both sporting obnoxiously bright apparel. She had a wide smile as she rambled in a youthful excitement, each step bouncing a bit. "Yes, Gwen, I keep one...you saw one this morning! You were there when Lumi was complaining about the slime trail. ...You remember, right?" The wildclaw raised a brow ridge at her. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17475874] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/174759/17475874_350.png[/img] [/url] He was doing his best to make each step graceful, but the claws of the tundra pulling him made it quite difficult. Far too much jerking around for him to make a good impression. Unconcerned with Gwen's reply, he went back to scanning the crowd, green eyes passing over the many dragons. "Nope!" Gwen cheerfully replied without hesitation. Then she frowned, sniffing a bit. "Oh, wait, you mean the blue stuff you keep in a jar? That was a familiar?" "Yes, it kept getting slime everywhere," the wildclaw said offhandedly. As the clashing pair reached the path before Baldwin's, his head snapped a little too sharply towards an extravagantly clothed pair of dragons before a cauldron. He hurriedly made adjusted his hood before smoothly strutting towards the imperial and her fae companion, noting as he did a skydancer and another fae close by. But Gwen had beat him to it. She was already hovering at the imperial's shoulder, entranced by the cauldron. "Are you making that? What's it gonna be?" She sniffed at it and made a face, which quickly turned back into a grin. "It smells [i]awful[/i]."
@Tox @Sylveadiff @Hirvio

17896523_350.png

"Did you know, an alchemist can make new familiars? Out of goos and oozes and sludges? And slime and muck?"

An animated tundra was making her way through the throng of dragons, dragging behind her a distracted wildclaw, both sporting obnoxiously bright apparel. She had a wide smile as she rambled in a youthful excitement, each step bouncing a bit.

"Yes, Gwen, I keep one...you saw one this morning! You were there when Lumi was complaining about the slime trail. ...You remember, right?" The wildclaw raised a brow ridge at her.

17475874_350.png

He was doing his best to make each step graceful, but the claws of the tundra pulling him made it quite difficult. Far too much jerking around for him to make a good impression. Unconcerned with Gwen's reply, he went back to scanning the crowd, green eyes passing over the many dragons.

"Nope!" Gwen cheerfully replied without hesitation. Then she frowned, sniffing a bit. "Oh, wait, you mean the blue stuff you keep in a jar? That was a familiar?"

"Yes, it kept getting slime everywhere," the wildclaw said offhandedly. As the clashing pair reached the path before Baldwin's, his head snapped a little too sharply towards an extravagantly clothed pair of dragons before a cauldron. He hurriedly made adjusted his hood before smoothly strutting towards the imperial and her fae companion, noting as he did a skydancer and another fae close by.

But Gwen had beat him to it. She was already hovering at the imperial's shoulder, entranced by the cauldron. "Are you making that? What's it gonna be?" She sniffed at it and made a face, which quickly turned back into a grin. "It smells awful."
jd4Povy.png
@Mopey

Tox perked up a bit as the new arrival commented on the brew. Her enthusiasm for the craft was intriguing, if not entirely exciting to him. His own clan had little interest in alchemy outside of Cantio and Basil and those who wanted things. But this...

"You have quite the enthusiasm for the craft," he said as he leaned closer to the cauldron, feelers waving about in the air over his face. "It's... Nice to see another dragon so interested in alchemy."

"Are you actually talking with someone?"

"Tox groaned as Cantio fluttered back to his side, having lost the Mirror in the crowd. "My goodness, Tox, I've never seen you so social!"

"Yes, maybe it's because you make such a big deal out of it."

Cantio laughed a bit, then scrunched up his snout and lowered his crests. "Eugh, this smells ghastly."
@Mopey

Tox perked up a bit as the new arrival commented on the brew. Her enthusiasm for the craft was intriguing, if not entirely exciting to him. His own clan had little interest in alchemy outside of Cantio and Basil and those who wanted things. But this...

"You have quite the enthusiasm for the craft," he said as he leaned closer to the cauldron, feelers waving about in the air over his face. "It's... Nice to see another dragon so interested in alchemy."

"Are you actually talking with someone?"

"Tox groaned as Cantio fluttered back to his side, having lost the Mirror in the crowd. "My goodness, Tox, I've never seen you so social!"

"Yes, maybe it's because you make such a big deal out of it."

Cantio laughed a bit, then scrunched up his snout and lowered his crests. "Eugh, this smells ghastly."
trans 8upyv5b.png
fSLriXt.png
unknown.png
DyNrws8.png
zFqmlqZ.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8186880] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/81869/8186880_350.png[/img] [/url] As usual, the crowded and over-used paths within the trading post did little to put Evangelos in a good mood. He hated bumping wings with anyone, much less strangers. "Maybe starting a war would be a good idea," he muttered to the Fae beside him, "then there would be less dragons in the world to ruin my day." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17957013] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/179571/17957013_350.png[/img] [/url] Asherah rolled her eyes. "It's amazing how you can pull off being a grumpy old dragon so well at your age. No wonder you climbed the ranks so quickly as an adolescent." Her tone was a little more sarcastic than she intended, and she paid for it with a rather scathing look from Evangelos. "Yes, and meanwhile you've been performing so poorly as a companion-in-arms that they had to pair you with me. The grumpy old dragon." He looked away, not even bothering to relish in the shame on Asherah's face. "It's high time you stop fearing battle, trainee. Grow to understand it." Asherah looked up in curiosity, her embarassment forgotten. "And what does the trading post have to do with war?" Evangelos looked down at her, a wolfish grin showing beneath his hood. "We're learning the weaknesses and strengths of other dragons. How do you suppose allies are made?" He surged forward in the crowd, trusting Asherah to navigate through the throngs of mercantile dragons and their wares. Flittering above the older dragon, Asherah asked, "So we're making friends?" She eyed the dragons around her, wondering if any of them were doing the same. She doubted it. Her clan had a tendency to be more...martial than most. Evangelos nodded, ducking past Crim's cart where her spawn attempted to wave him down for "great deals" and other nonsense. "Although it is my duty to prepare for war, it is also my duty to sometimes find peace. With allies by our side, that can be easily negotiated. Take them, for instance," he said, flicking his tail at a group of dragons gathering around Baldwin's many cauldrons. "The intellectual sort. Not much use in battle, but perhaps with them on our side we could garner a truce using potions and useful knowledge." He eyed Asherah, urging her to understand. Perhaps she could learn to perceive battle like he did, as an uncontrollable thing that needed to be tamed. He was, after all, looking for a successor. "And what if they have no interest in us?" she asked, turning to once more look questioningly at Evangelos. The Skydancer shrugged. "Well then we find someone else who does."

8186880_350.png

As usual, the crowded and over-used paths within the trading post did little to put Evangelos in a good mood. He hated bumping wings with anyone, much less strangers. "Maybe starting a war would be a good idea," he muttered to the Fae beside him, "then there would be less dragons in the world to ruin my day."

17957013_350.png

Asherah rolled her eyes. "It's amazing how you can pull off being a grumpy old dragon so well at your age. No wonder you climbed the ranks so quickly as an adolescent." Her tone was a little more sarcastic than she intended, and she paid for it with a rather scathing look from Evangelos.

"Yes, and meanwhile you've been performing so poorly as a companion-in-arms that they had to pair you with me. The grumpy old dragon." He looked away, not even bothering to relish in the shame on Asherah's face. "It's high time you stop fearing battle, trainee. Grow to understand it."

Asherah looked up in curiosity, her embarassment forgotten. "And what does the trading post have to do with war?"

Evangelos looked down at her, a wolfish grin showing beneath his hood. "We're learning the weaknesses and strengths of other dragons. How do you suppose allies are made?" He surged forward in the crowd, trusting Asherah to navigate through the throngs of mercantile dragons and their wares.

Flittering above the older dragon, Asherah asked, "So we're making friends?" She eyed the dragons around her, wondering if any of them were doing the same. She doubted it. Her clan had a tendency to be more...martial than most.

Evangelos nodded, ducking past Crim's cart where her spawn attempted to wave him down for "great deals" and other nonsense. "Although it is my duty to prepare for war, it is also my duty to sometimes find peace. With allies by our side, that can be easily negotiated. Take them, for instance," he said, flicking his tail at a group of dragons gathering around Baldwin's many cauldrons.

"The intellectual sort. Not much use in battle, but perhaps with them on our side we could garner a truce using potions and useful knowledge." He eyed Asherah, urging her to understand. Perhaps she could learn to perceive battle like he did, as an uncontrollable thing that needed to be tamed. He was, after all, looking for a successor.

"And what if they have no interest in us?" she asked, turning to once more look questioningly at Evangelos.

The Skydancer shrugged. "Well then we find someone else who does."
VvxoVdD.png iceshieldr.png
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
Magister had heard someone speak, but by the time he looked up, they were gone. Utterly overwhelmed by the noise and rapid shuffling about of the trading post, the brown mirror dragon took it upon himself to leave quite rapidly, scampering off without a spoken word.
Magister had heard someone speak, but by the time he looked up, they were gone. Utterly overwhelmed by the noise and rapid shuffling about of the trading post, the brown mirror dragon took it upon himself to leave quite rapidly, scampering off without a spoken word.
Delirio_Sleep.gif
-

Monster Collector

-
1 2 3