Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Please Stand By (Fallout 4 RP- FULL )
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@leviathans @Carnifex

"H-he was given t-to me by someone I h-helped several years ago," Bear said, looking down to the dog and smiling. His expression shifted to nervous as he looked back to Coreau; she was clearly on edge, and even though she was unarmed, he was afraid the situation might escalate at any moment. "I-I'm just a tr-traveler... y-you can call me Bear. I-I was born in N-nevada. I swear, I m-mean you no harm. I-if there's someone e-else in this neighborhood th-they're not with me."

The dog at his side kept his ears perked up, looking between Coreau, Codsworth and Raven.
@leviathans @Carnifex

"H-he was given t-to me by someone I h-helped several years ago," Bear said, looking down to the dog and smiling. His expression shifted to nervous as he looked back to Coreau; she was clearly on edge, and even though she was unarmed, he was afraid the situation might escalate at any moment. "I-I'm just a tr-traveler... y-you can call me Bear. I-I was born in N-nevada. I swear, I m-mean you no harm. I-if there's someone e-else in this neighborhood th-they're not with me."

The dog at his side kept his ears perked up, looking between Coreau, Codsworth and Raven.
@leviathans @munbird @Incalyscent

Crow nearly gave herself away when that woman called for her robot. She pulled her rifle up, shifting slightly to try and get the Mr. Handy in her crosshairs. But when he didn't start slicing up her dog, she lowered the gun, breathing a sigh of relief.

Granted, now the woman must have shifted closer. Her voice was louder, as if right up against the door. Crow went still--if she made the wrong move, then Coreau would hear her, wouldn't she? Crow frowned, almost regretting her choice in position. She didn't exactly want to be trapped here for the next several hours as the two strangers talked. Maybe she could sneak out...

Crouched, she gently shifted her position to make her way back out the wall. What she hadn't counted on was how squeaky the floorboards were. It wouldn't have been so bad if that woman wasn't right up against the door. Crow just hoped she'd think the house was creaking on its own accord.

Raven sniffed the arm, head tilted, sneezed at the dust and then barked excitedly at the robot. With that taken care of, she yawned toothily, as if suddenly bored, and then wandered off back the way she came, sniffing the ground as she followed Crow's scent.
@leviathans @munbird @Incalyscent

Crow nearly gave herself away when that woman called for her robot. She pulled her rifle up, shifting slightly to try and get the Mr. Handy in her crosshairs. But when he didn't start slicing up her dog, she lowered the gun, breathing a sigh of relief.

Granted, now the woman must have shifted closer. Her voice was louder, as if right up against the door. Crow went still--if she made the wrong move, then Coreau would hear her, wouldn't she? Crow frowned, almost regretting her choice in position. She didn't exactly want to be trapped here for the next several hours as the two strangers talked. Maybe she could sneak out...

Crouched, she gently shifted her position to make her way back out the wall. What she hadn't counted on was how squeaky the floorboards were. It wouldn't have been so bad if that woman wasn't right up against the door. Crow just hoped she'd think the house was creaking on its own accord.

Raven sniffed the arm, head tilted, sneezed at the dust and then barked excitedly at the robot. With that taken care of, she yawned toothily, as if suddenly bored, and then wandered off back the way she came, sniffing the ground as she followed Crow's scent.
JXVUomh.png
@leviathans @Carnifex @munbird

There is a saying that plays in Caroline's head every time she has to just walk. It was from before the bombs, before she was frozen in time.

I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.

Even now, as she returns to what used to be home, and the broken pavement yields under her boots the phrase plays like a mantra in her head. Her eyes are down, checking her footing and grip she has on her trusty two-shot. With every step her ratty bedroll bumps against the backs of her thighs.

She had never meant to return here - she had never wanted to she that godforsaken Vault ever again, let alone the various bones and body parts of those she called neighbors. The skeletons of the houses were depressing enough.

When she first came out of the Vault, there was a robot and nothing else. It was kind and polite, and she liked it, but it had a tinny and distinctive voice. Years of unprotected ears and explosions and gunfire had made Caroline fairly hard of hearing. She is much too close before she hears two much too human voices.

She looks up to see two people and two dogs on a ruined porch. She tightens her grip on her gun, eyes going cold and steely. Until she saw the cyberhound. Her eyebrows raise. Her police department had one of those, long ago. She's surprised any of them still existed. She looks to the man, then to the woman, and when her eyes land on her her brow scrunches.

She looks familiar, but that's impossible. No one had been familiar to her when she came out of the Vault. Granted, she hadn't checked any of the capsules, to afraid and disoriented, assuming everyone was dead.

She stands in the middle of the road, twenty-some feet away, staring at the other woman. The grip on her gun does not loosen, but she keeps her finger clearly away from the trigger.

There is a saying that plays in Caroline's head every time she has to just walk. It was from before the bombs, before she was frozen in time.

I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.

Even now, as she returns to what used to be home, and the broken pavement yields under her boots the phrase plays like a mantra in her head. Her eyes are down, checking her footing and grip she has on her trusty two-shot. With every step her ratty bedroll bumps against the backs of her thighs.

She had never meant to return here - she had never wanted to she that godforsaken Vault ever again, let alone the various bones and body parts of those she called neighbors. The skeletons of the houses were depressing enough.

When she first came out of the Vault, there was a robot and nothing else. It was kind and polite, and she liked it, but it had a tinny and distinctive voice. Years of unprotected ears and explosions and gunfire had made Caroline fairly hard of hearing. She is much too close before she hears two much too human voices.

She looks up to see two people and two dogs on a ruined porch. She tightens her grip on her gun, eyes going cold and steely. Until she saw the cyberhound. Her eyebrows raise. Her police department had one of those, long ago. She's surprised any of them still existed. She looks to the man, then to the woman, and when her eyes land on her her brow scrunches.

She looks familiar, but that's impossible. No one had been familiar to her when she came out of the Vault. Granted, she hadn't checked any of the capsules, to afraid and disoriented, assuming everyone was dead.

She stands in the middle of the road, twenty-some feet away, staring at the other woman. The grip on her gun does not loosen, but she keeps her finger clearly away from the trigger.
endure and survive.
@munbird
@Carnifex
@Incalyscent

"Bear, right...Well, it's nice to meet you." She said with a humorless laugh, eyes tight. He was looking more on edge than her. He seemed...more than willing to cooperate and didn't look like he wanted a violent outcome from all of this anymore than she did.

She was mulling over the (admittedly poor) possibility of getting him to move far away enough from the bag to grab the gun when her eyes caught movement down the street. Something else had joined this little get together - a human this time.

A painfully familiar one at that, even with her face partially covered. Sanctuary Hills had had a small populace, and Coreau knew one of her neighbors when she saw one.

Looks like she wasn't the only one to survive the ice. Except the other woman definitely looked like she'd been thawed out far sooner.

The unease that had settled low in her gut flared up again.

Coreau had been so careful to maintain the polite, charming facade around her neighbors. She'd been the helpful friend, sympathetic ear, shoulder to cry on. They thought they knew her, and therefore trusted her. It gave her some sway over their insignificant little lives, and more than enough information to use if the need to blackmail ever arose.

Not this one though. Caroline, her mind supplied. Lived alone, kept to herself. Coreau didn't know her and anything she didn't know threw up big red danger signs. Especially now. Caroline looked weathered, and like Bear, carried a weapon. She didn't hear the floorboards in the house creak, nor notice Raven leaving, as distracted as she was with the two people before her.

It was definitely time to leave. With any luck Bear and her former neighbor would deal with each other.

Coreau opened the door behind her and swiftly backed into the house, kicking the door shut before turning on her heel. She took a handful of steps before promptly colliding with Crow's crouched form. She gave an undignified yelp as she hit the ground, nose smashing against the floor.

Coreau groaned, letting out a string of curses. Blood dripped from her nose, staining the scarf around her face. Head pounding, she blinked blearily at the person she'd tripped over. A kid of all things, scrawny and freckled. She couldn't pin down an age, but guessed probably a young teenager.

"Just how many more of you are there?" The words didn't sound as furious as she'd been aiming for, croaked out cautiously as she pushed herself into a sitting position.

She ripped the scarf off her face, trying to stem the blood flow from her aching nose and giving the kid a frigid glare, trying to breathe as little of this dusty air as possible. She knew there was someone skulking around, she just didn't expect it to be a teenager. It was then she noticed the rifle in Crow's hands, body going still.

This day just kept getting better.
@munbird
@Carnifex
@Incalyscent

"Bear, right...Well, it's nice to meet you." She said with a humorless laugh, eyes tight. He was looking more on edge than her. He seemed...more than willing to cooperate and didn't look like he wanted a violent outcome from all of this anymore than she did.

She was mulling over the (admittedly poor) possibility of getting him to move far away enough from the bag to grab the gun when her eyes caught movement down the street. Something else had joined this little get together - a human this time.

A painfully familiar one at that, even with her face partially covered. Sanctuary Hills had had a small populace, and Coreau knew one of her neighbors when she saw one.

Looks like she wasn't the only one to survive the ice. Except the other woman definitely looked like she'd been thawed out far sooner.

The unease that had settled low in her gut flared up again.

Coreau had been so careful to maintain the polite, charming facade around her neighbors. She'd been the helpful friend, sympathetic ear, shoulder to cry on. They thought they knew her, and therefore trusted her. It gave her some sway over their insignificant little lives, and more than enough information to use if the need to blackmail ever arose.

Not this one though. Caroline, her mind supplied. Lived alone, kept to herself. Coreau didn't know her and anything she didn't know threw up big red danger signs. Especially now. Caroline looked weathered, and like Bear, carried a weapon. She didn't hear the floorboards in the house creak, nor notice Raven leaving, as distracted as she was with the two people before her.

It was definitely time to leave. With any luck Bear and her former neighbor would deal with each other.

Coreau opened the door behind her and swiftly backed into the house, kicking the door shut before turning on her heel. She took a handful of steps before promptly colliding with Crow's crouched form. She gave an undignified yelp as she hit the ground, nose smashing against the floor.

Coreau groaned, letting out a string of curses. Blood dripped from her nose, staining the scarf around her face. Head pounding, she blinked blearily at the person she'd tripped over. A kid of all things, scrawny and freckled. She couldn't pin down an age, but guessed probably a young teenager.

"Just how many more of you are there?" The words didn't sound as furious as she'd been aiming for, croaked out cautiously as she pushed herself into a sitting position.

She ripped the scarf off her face, trying to stem the blood flow from her aching nose and giving the kid a frigid glare, trying to breathe as little of this dusty air as possible. She knew there was someone skulking around, she just didn't expect it to be a teenager. It was then she noticed the rifle in Crow's hands, body going still.

This day just kept getting better.
@Carnifex
@Incalyscent
@leviathans

Bear's attention snapped to Caroline, but he didn't have time to say anything to her before Coreau's attempted escape diverted his attention back in that direction. He frowned, going to grab his bag and sling it across his shoulders, quickly crossing the distance to the house and opening the door.

"Wh-what's goin' on?" he asked looking Crow over quickly as his dog came up beside him, giving an alert bark as if to tell Bear something was going down. The man looked to Coreau, and crouched to be more at her level, though he didn't approach her. He used the cyber-dog to keep his balance. "A-are you okay?" He paused, looking to Crow.

"W-we're not h-hostile," he said. "P-please put your gun down. I-is that your d-dog outside?"
@Carnifex
@Incalyscent
@leviathans

Bear's attention snapped to Caroline, but he didn't have time to say anything to her before Coreau's attempted escape diverted his attention back in that direction. He frowned, going to grab his bag and sling it across his shoulders, quickly crossing the distance to the house and opening the door.

"Wh-what's goin' on?" he asked looking Crow over quickly as his dog came up beside him, giving an alert bark as if to tell Bear something was going down. The man looked to Coreau, and crouched to be more at her level, though he didn't approach her. He used the cyber-dog to keep his balance. "A-are you okay?" He paused, looking to Crow.

"W-we're not h-hostile," he said. "P-please put your gun down. I-is that your d-dog outside?"
@Leviathans
@munbird
@Incalyscent

Crow managed to scoot halfway across the floor, grateful they were distracted with their conversation. And then Coreau opened the door. Crow froze, trying to figure out her options. Stuck in the open, she couldn't duck away. Maybe she could shoot or--Coreau promptly crashed into her, not seeing the frozen teen.

The impact bowled Crow over as well, but she recovered much faster than the older woman. Suddenly, she screamed at the top of her lungs, "Raven!" and scrambled to her feet, holding her hunting rifle at the ready.

The freckley mutt in particular barreled through the open door, deftly weaving around Coreau to stand protectively in front of her master, teeth bared as she snarled. She matched the woman's frigid look with a fierce glare on her part, face scrunched defiantly.

"S'no one else here. Just Raven and I. We were just gonna poke around that Vault, see if we could find anything worthwhile. We didn't mean any harm until you tripped over me." Crow huffed. "And no sudden movements, either. Or else Raven here'll rip your friggen arm off."

Raven's demeanor changed when Bear entered, seemingly assured that he didn't seem to harm them. She barked excitedly at him, then promptly returned to watching Coreau with bared teeth. Crow, for her part, flicked her rifle to focus on him, frowning. "Yeah, she's my dog. You have a nice one yourself," She added, lowering her rifle slightly.
@Leviathans
@munbird
@Incalyscent

Crow managed to scoot halfway across the floor, grateful they were distracted with their conversation. And then Coreau opened the door. Crow froze, trying to figure out her options. Stuck in the open, she couldn't duck away. Maybe she could shoot or--Coreau promptly crashed into her, not seeing the frozen teen.

The impact bowled Crow over as well, but she recovered much faster than the older woman. Suddenly, she screamed at the top of her lungs, "Raven!" and scrambled to her feet, holding her hunting rifle at the ready.

The freckley mutt in particular barreled through the open door, deftly weaving around Coreau to stand protectively in front of her master, teeth bared as she snarled. She matched the woman's frigid look with a fierce glare on her part, face scrunched defiantly.

"S'no one else here. Just Raven and I. We were just gonna poke around that Vault, see if we could find anything worthwhile. We didn't mean any harm until you tripped over me." Crow huffed. "And no sudden movements, either. Or else Raven here'll rip your friggen arm off."

Raven's demeanor changed when Bear entered, seemingly assured that he didn't seem to harm them. She barked excitedly at him, then promptly returned to watching Coreau with bared teeth. Crow, for her part, flicked her rifle to focus on him, frowning. "Yeah, she's my dog. You have a nice one yourself," She added, lowering her rifle slightly.
JXVUomh.png

Caroline has just enough time to identify the other girl through the dust and scarf - Coreau, a blunt brain cell cries - before she shunts the door open and disappears into the crumbling corpse of an old home. She watches the man pick up his bag and follow her. She makes a note to avoid that house on her scavenging trip.

It was certainly convenient that they decided to leave - less to worry about - and Caroline is about to duck into a different building when she hears a scream. An unabashed yell from a teenage girl, from the same house that Coreau and that man had gone into.

Curiosity and recklessness are two of Caroline's deepest downfalls, and she is hardly surprised when she finds herself strapping her two-shot to a few scraps of leather on her leg brace and trudging over to the source of the noise. She peers into the doorway, but she leans back to safety when she sees a kid with a rifle aimed dangerously close to her face. She recalls Bear's hunched form, and Coreau's sprawled body and bloody nose. She scrunches her brow, trying to think up any sequence of events that would lead to that scene. She clears her throat.

"Not that this is any of my business," she croaks, her voice gritty with disuse, "but what the hell is going on here? Really screwing up my day."

Caroline has just enough time to identify the other girl through the dust and scarf - Coreau, a blunt brain cell cries - before she shunts the door open and disappears into the crumbling corpse of an old home. She watches the man pick up his bag and follow her. She makes a note to avoid that house on her scavenging trip.

It was certainly convenient that they decided to leave - less to worry about - and Caroline is about to duck into a different building when she hears a scream. An unabashed yell from a teenage girl, from the same house that Coreau and that man had gone into.

Curiosity and recklessness are two of Caroline's deepest downfalls, and she is hardly surprised when she finds herself strapping her two-shot to a few scraps of leather on her leg brace and trudging over to the source of the noise. She peers into the doorway, but she leans back to safety when she sees a kid with a rifle aimed dangerously close to her face. She recalls Bear's hunched form, and Coreau's sprawled body and bloody nose. She scrunches her brow, trying to think up any sequence of events that would lead to that scene. She clears her throat.

"Not that this is any of my business," she croaks, her voice gritty with disuse, "but what the hell is going on here? Really screwing up my day."
endure and survive.
@munbird @carnifex @incalyscent

((Super fast phone update from work sorry for any mistakes!!))

This was why she didn't get close to animals. She blanched a bit at the snarling dog in front of her. She felt her eye twitch when the kid turned the gun at her. Leave it to the teenager to be the most dangerous of the bunch.

Some of the panic trickled away at the kid's attitude, anger taking it's place.

"Sorry if I'm not in the habit of watching my feet for spying teenagers," She spat. Her nose didn't want to stop bleeding and she prodded gingerly at it, hoping it wasn't broken again.

She started as Bear came through the door with his dog, and shuffled further away from him and Crow both. She didn't feel any better when he crouched down to her level (at least he kept his distance). Coreau scoffed at the concerned question, looking away to glare at a spot on the ground.

"Just peachy." She answered, pressing the wadded scarf tighter to her nose.

Caroline joining them not a minute later didn't help. It was entirely too claustrophobic with everyone crowded in this skeletal house. Especially considering everyone but her was armed.

She really couldn't deal with this at the moment. She didn't even know what year it was for crying out loud. Or why she was put in that godforsaken cryopod in the first place.

Coreau stumbled to her feet, using the wall as a brace. Her lungs rattled dangerously. Anymore dust and she'd have an asthma attack and she'd rather stick her foot in a bear trap than have one in front of these strangers. She eyed Raven warily, giving the dog a wide berth.

"I don't know what's going on but you're more than welcome to figure it out for yourself," She grunted at the woman in the door. She was leaving before one of these people got her killed.
@munbird @carnifex @incalyscent

((Super fast phone update from work sorry for any mistakes!!))

This was why she didn't get close to animals. She blanched a bit at the snarling dog in front of her. She felt her eye twitch when the kid turned the gun at her. Leave it to the teenager to be the most dangerous of the bunch.

Some of the panic trickled away at the kid's attitude, anger taking it's place.

"Sorry if I'm not in the habit of watching my feet for spying teenagers," She spat. Her nose didn't want to stop bleeding and she prodded gingerly at it, hoping it wasn't broken again.

She started as Bear came through the door with his dog, and shuffled further away from him and Crow both. She didn't feel any better when he crouched down to her level (at least he kept his distance). Coreau scoffed at the concerned question, looking away to glare at a spot on the ground.

"Just peachy." She answered, pressing the wadded scarf tighter to her nose.

Caroline joining them not a minute later didn't help. It was entirely too claustrophobic with everyone crowded in this skeletal house. Especially considering everyone but her was armed.

She really couldn't deal with this at the moment. She didn't even know what year it was for crying out loud. Or why she was put in that godforsaken cryopod in the first place.

Coreau stumbled to her feet, using the wall as a brace. Her lungs rattled dangerously. Anymore dust and she'd have an asthma attack and she'd rather stick her foot in a bear trap than have one in front of these strangers. She eyed Raven warily, giving the dog a wide berth.

"I don't know what's going on but you're more than welcome to figure it out for yourself," She grunted at the woman in the door. She was leaving before one of these people got her killed.
@leviathans @carnifex @Incalyscent

Bear looked back at Caroline, then got to his feet with a grunt, using his dog to support himself as he did. He smiled to Crow, nervously, giving his dog a pat.

"Th-thanks," he said, nodding, then looking to Coreau. Concern creased his brow, and he swung his bag around, reaching into it and pulling out a stimpak. "H-here, take this. Sh-should help with y-your nose... o-or at least with the pain." He held it out to her, though he didn't move towards her. He glanced at Caroline once more, then to Crow.

"Y-you should c-calm your dog," he said to her. "N-no one here is b-being hostile."
@leviathans @carnifex @Incalyscent

Bear looked back at Caroline, then got to his feet with a grunt, using his dog to support himself as he did. He smiled to Crow, nervously, giving his dog a pat.

"Th-thanks," he said, nodding, then looking to Coreau. Concern creased his brow, and he swung his bag around, reaching into it and pulling out a stimpak. "H-here, take this. Sh-should help with y-your nose... o-or at least with the pain." He held it out to her, though he didn't move towards her. He glanced at Caroline once more, then to Crow.

"Y-you should c-calm your dog," he said to her. "N-no one here is b-being hostile."
@leviathans @munbird @incalyscent

Crow let out a short whistle, and Raven went from snarling at Coreau to relaxing, flopping down besides the girl, tail wagging and panting excitedly. "Atta girl. You're a good pup," Crow said to her dog brightly, before turning her attention back to the strangers. She shot Coreau a dirty look, shifting her grip on her rifle as if to remind the woman that she was, as far as Crow could tell, unarmed. And she had a rifle.

She fixed her attention to the new voice, frowning. "She tripped over me. I was just here taking a look around, y'know. Saw some people and decided to lay low in case they were hostile. I dunno what they're all doing here, unless they're here to check out that Vault rumor too."
@leviathans @munbird @incalyscent

Crow let out a short whistle, and Raven went from snarling at Coreau to relaxing, flopping down besides the girl, tail wagging and panting excitedly. "Atta girl. You're a good pup," Crow said to her dog brightly, before turning her attention back to the strangers. She shot Coreau a dirty look, shifting her grip on her rifle as if to remind the woman that she was, as far as Crow could tell, unarmed. And she had a rifle.

She fixed her attention to the new voice, frowning. "She tripped over me. I was just here taking a look around, y'know. Saw some people and decided to lay low in case they were hostile. I dunno what they're all doing here, unless they're here to check out that Vault rumor too."
JXVUomh.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7