Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Please Stand By (Fallout 4 RP- FULL )
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@leviathans
@Incalyscent
@Carnifex

"Nothing? No one needs help?"

"Boris..." Bear rubbed his forehead. "D-did you br-bring any fishing wire w-with you?" Boris walked over to his brother, crouching beside him and looking down at Crow.

"Not enough for all four of you," he replied. He pulled a pocket watch from the pocket of his vest, popping it open. In the cover was a long coil of fishing wire, which he pulled out. There was a small hook on the end of it. "But it should help for the worst of it, eh? Don't suppose you have a lighter of some kind." Bear looked around.

"Th-there's a r-robot--"

"Friendly?"

"As long as you are, sir!" Codsworth floated slowly around the side of the house, as if summoned, hovering over to the group. "That was quite the ruckus. Is there anything I can do to help?" Boris smiled, standing up and walking over to the robot, holding up the fishing hook.

"Here, heat this up, would you? Just needs a bit of sterilization." Codsworth grasped the hook in one of his appendages, and turning away from them to blast it with his flamethrower. Once it was ready, it was handed back to Boris, who once more crouched by Crow. "Kid? Can you sit up?"

((if codsworth didn't have a flamethrower before, he does now.))
@leviathans
@Incalyscent
@Carnifex

"Nothing? No one needs help?"

"Boris..." Bear rubbed his forehead. "D-did you br-bring any fishing wire w-with you?" Boris walked over to his brother, crouching beside him and looking down at Crow.

"Not enough for all four of you," he replied. He pulled a pocket watch from the pocket of his vest, popping it open. In the cover was a long coil of fishing wire, which he pulled out. There was a small hook on the end of it. "But it should help for the worst of it, eh? Don't suppose you have a lighter of some kind." Bear looked around.

"Th-there's a r-robot--"

"Friendly?"

"As long as you are, sir!" Codsworth floated slowly around the side of the house, as if summoned, hovering over to the group. "That was quite the ruckus. Is there anything I can do to help?" Boris smiled, standing up and walking over to the robot, holding up the fishing hook.

"Here, heat this up, would you? Just needs a bit of sterilization." Codsworth grasped the hook in one of his appendages, and turning away from them to blast it with his flamethrower. Once it was ready, it was handed back to Boris, who once more crouched by Crow. "Kid? Can you sit up?"

((if codsworth didn't have a flamethrower before, he does now.))
@leviathans @munbird @incalyscent

Crow made an annoyed mumble, but let out a whistle. Raven padded over, and she slung her arm around her dog for support, moving to shift herself up right and aggressively cursing the entire time under her breath.

"It has a flamethrower." She said blankly, a bit distantly. "Huh." She glanced over at Boris, studying him. He seemed to be friendly enough if he was gonna patch her up, at least. He looked awfully like Bear, sounded similar too. Maybe siblings? Crow inwardly frowned, that only reminded her of her own dead family. Probably shouldn't think about that.

Luckily, with the adrenaline high and the stimpak, her thoughts were scattered enough that she didn't dwell long on that. "How bad is it, anyways?" She asked, "Nothing that can't be fixed, right? S'gonna be hell trying to make it through the Wastes half-dead for the rest of my life. Wouldn't last that long anyways, at least." She half-rambled, attempting to shrug before remembering how bad her shoulder was injured. Right.
@leviathans @munbird @incalyscent

Crow made an annoyed mumble, but let out a whistle. Raven padded over, and she slung her arm around her dog for support, moving to shift herself up right and aggressively cursing the entire time under her breath.

"It has a flamethrower." She said blankly, a bit distantly. "Huh." She glanced over at Boris, studying him. He seemed to be friendly enough if he was gonna patch her up, at least. He looked awfully like Bear, sounded similar too. Maybe siblings? Crow inwardly frowned, that only reminded her of her own dead family. Probably shouldn't think about that.

Luckily, with the adrenaline high and the stimpak, her thoughts were scattered enough that she didn't dwell long on that. "How bad is it, anyways?" She asked, "Nothing that can't be fixed, right? S'gonna be hell trying to make it through the Wastes half-dead for the rest of my life. Wouldn't last that long anyways, at least." She half-rambled, attempting to shrug before remembering how bad her shoulder was injured. Right.
JXVUomh.png
@Carnifex @munbird @leviathans

Caroline's head snaps up once her ears pick up the sound of an approach, the arm holding her six shooter flying up again. She lowers it when she sees who it is, eyes still glaring as she holster's the weapon. She catches Coreau's eyes on her bad leg and she bares her teeth behind the handkerchief, almost out of instinct. She relaxes when the stimpack is handed to her. She doesn't flinch as she jams it into her thigh.

"Maybe a rib," she says as her gaze travels back up. Coreau's ragged breathing finally hits her ears, everything sounding as under water as it was. With little hesitation she rips the fabric away from her face, folds it to a side that is not splattered with blood, and hands it to Coreau. The stimpack has quelled the swelling in her face, but her knee still ached something awful, though she could feel the numbing travelling it towards the pain.

Very few splinters had made it though her jacket, save a few particularly terrible pieces of shrapnel. Her face was a different story, but she narrows her eyes and wipes her blood from her eyes.

"I'm fine," she says, and it's a bit more snappy than she intends. She frowns and nods her head towards the handkerchief.

"You gotta stop breathing the dust. Put that over your mouth and think about your breathing. Don't die," she says. They made quite the pair, the asthmatic and the cripple out in the wastes after the apocalypse. She finds herself smirking before she remember's her lips are no longer covered.
@Carnifex @munbird @leviathans

Caroline's head snaps up once her ears pick up the sound of an approach, the arm holding her six shooter flying up again. She lowers it when she sees who it is, eyes still glaring as she holster's the weapon. She catches Coreau's eyes on her bad leg and she bares her teeth behind the handkerchief, almost out of instinct. She relaxes when the stimpack is handed to her. She doesn't flinch as she jams it into her thigh.

"Maybe a rib," she says as her gaze travels back up. Coreau's ragged breathing finally hits her ears, everything sounding as under water as it was. With little hesitation she rips the fabric away from her face, folds it to a side that is not splattered with blood, and hands it to Coreau. The stimpack has quelled the swelling in her face, but her knee still ached something awful, though she could feel the numbing travelling it towards the pain.

Very few splinters had made it though her jacket, save a few particularly terrible pieces of shrapnel. Her face was a different story, but she narrows her eyes and wipes her blood from her eyes.

"I'm fine," she says, and it's a bit more snappy than she intends. She frowns and nods her head towards the handkerchief.

"You gotta stop breathing the dust. Put that over your mouth and think about your breathing. Don't die," she says. They made quite the pair, the asthmatic and the cripple out in the wastes after the apocalypse. She finds herself smirking before she remember's her lips are no longer covered.
endure and survive.
@incalyscent
@Carnifex
@munbird

Caroline was worse off than she'd thought. Stimpaks were only going to do so much here. They needed a place to lay low for a while, somewhere safe and with supplies. Vault 111 was considered - for the shortest of seconds - but she discarded the thought immediately. It had been picked clean of supplies, and Coreau would put a bullet in everyone's skull before she stepped one foot underground again so soon.

"I'm fine."

"Don't lie to me." She'd said these words many times in her life, in much crueler tones, but gentles her voice this time to something barely above a whisper. Coreau gives Caroline an unimpressed look, eyes lingering on her bloodied face before traveling back to her leg and away again. They could really make use of a proper doctor, if any of those were even still around.

She took the handkerchief wordlessly and tied the ends behind her ears so it stayed put, unbothered by her neighbor's tone. It was a relief to have something over her nose and mouth again, though she wasn't about to say so. It was easier with the handkerchief and lack of movement to get her breathing back under control, and soon the tremors and coughs started to lessen.

"It's going to take more than a little dust to kill me," She murmured, thoughts distracted. She mulled over their immediate options, liking them less and less. Staying in Sanctuary was out of the question. There was nothing of use in the skeletal remains of the town, and she was growing more worried by the second that someone or something heard the explosions and would come to investigate.

None of them were really up for a round two.

Coreau looked back to Caroline. She kept her voice low enough for only the woman next to her to hear. "Is there some kind of settlement nearby? Someplace we could lay low for a while?"
@incalyscent
@Carnifex
@munbird

Caroline was worse off than she'd thought. Stimpaks were only going to do so much here. They needed a place to lay low for a while, somewhere safe and with supplies. Vault 111 was considered - for the shortest of seconds - but she discarded the thought immediately. It had been picked clean of supplies, and Coreau would put a bullet in everyone's skull before she stepped one foot underground again so soon.

"I'm fine."

"Don't lie to me." She'd said these words many times in her life, in much crueler tones, but gentles her voice this time to something barely above a whisper. Coreau gives Caroline an unimpressed look, eyes lingering on her bloodied face before traveling back to her leg and away again. They could really make use of a proper doctor, if any of those were even still around.

She took the handkerchief wordlessly and tied the ends behind her ears so it stayed put, unbothered by her neighbor's tone. It was a relief to have something over her nose and mouth again, though she wasn't about to say so. It was easier with the handkerchief and lack of movement to get her breathing back under control, and soon the tremors and coughs started to lessen.

"It's going to take more than a little dust to kill me," She murmured, thoughts distracted. She mulled over their immediate options, liking them less and less. Staying in Sanctuary was out of the question. There was nothing of use in the skeletal remains of the town, and she was growing more worried by the second that someone or something heard the explosions and would come to investigate.

None of them were really up for a round two.

Coreau looked back to Caroline. She kept her voice low enough for only the woman next to her to hear. "Is there some kind of settlement nearby? Someplace we could lay low for a while?"
@leviathans
@Carnifex
@Incalyscent

"Mmm... I'll admit I've come across worse," Boris said, as he inspected Crow's wound. "I do hope you have a good pain tolerance, kid. This isn't going to be pleasant." He moved the torn cloth of her shirt out of the way, that hand against her shoulder as he went about stitching up the bullet wound. Luckily whatever rounds had been fired went through cleanly. In the meantime, Bear fished through his bag, apparently looking for something.

"I saw the bits of super mutant on the other side of the house," Boris said, briefly looking at his brother. "You're really getting in over your head these days, aren't you?"

"I-it's not like th-this was planned," Bear replied, his uninjured arm around his dog, scratching the animal's chin with his fingers. "And it's n-not like y-you're any better at n-not getting in tr-trouble."

"I'm better at getting out of it, you have to admit."

"I d-don't have to ad-admit anything."
@leviathans
@Carnifex
@Incalyscent

"Mmm... I'll admit I've come across worse," Boris said, as he inspected Crow's wound. "I do hope you have a good pain tolerance, kid. This isn't going to be pleasant." He moved the torn cloth of her shirt out of the way, that hand against her shoulder as he went about stitching up the bullet wound. Luckily whatever rounds had been fired went through cleanly. In the meantime, Bear fished through his bag, apparently looking for something.

"I saw the bits of super mutant on the other side of the house," Boris said, briefly looking at his brother. "You're really getting in over your head these days, aren't you?"

"I-it's not like th-this was planned," Bear replied, his uninjured arm around his dog, scratching the animal's chin with his fingers. "And it's n-not like y-you're any better at n-not getting in tr-trouble."

"I'm better at getting out of it, you have to admit."

"I d-don't have to ad-admit anything."
@munbird @lncalyscent @leviathans

Crow gritted her teeth as she dealt with the pain, fingers buried in Raven's scruff. The dog whined quietly, tail flicking back and forth as she watched Boris, then Bear, then back to her mistress. "If I see another super mutant ever again, it'll be too soon." She remarked off-handedly, before finally looking between the two of them.

"You obviously know each other," She said. "Friends? Family? Somethin'?" She asked, half out of curiosity and half to strike up conversation to distract herself. It was better than sitting around in grim silence, it was almost unsettling. Even if she was half-dead, they had made it out alive and she wasn't about to get upset over that.

"And remember, kiddo. Always keep moving forward." Her dad's advice to her, long ago. It was half the reason she and her brother had left DC, and why she had left the areas surrounding the Pitt after he died. Keep moving, couldn't let stuff catch up to you. Although she supposed in this case it was acceptable to at least crash somewhere for a few days and recover.
@munbird @lncalyscent @leviathans

Crow gritted her teeth as she dealt with the pain, fingers buried in Raven's scruff. The dog whined quietly, tail flicking back and forth as she watched Boris, then Bear, then back to her mistress. "If I see another super mutant ever again, it'll be too soon." She remarked off-handedly, before finally looking between the two of them.

"You obviously know each other," She said. "Friends? Family? Somethin'?" She asked, half out of curiosity and half to strike up conversation to distract herself. It was better than sitting around in grim silence, it was almost unsettling. Even if she was half-dead, they had made it out alive and she wasn't about to get upset over that.

"And remember, kiddo. Always keep moving forward." Her dad's advice to her, long ago. It was half the reason she and her brother had left DC, and why she had left the areas surrounding the Pitt after he died. Keep moving, couldn't let stuff catch up to you. Although she supposed in this case it was acceptable to at least crash somewhere for a few days and recover.
JXVUomh.png
@munbird @leviathans @Carnifex

Caroline sighs, grimacing as she leans back on her hands, the rough ground digging into her palms. She easily tracks Coreau's eyes and sends her a glare. She does not appreciate the soft tone the other woman gives her, but she ignores it for now.

"There's a few abandoned towns. I cleared out a place full of raiders a few days back," she says, starting to scratch at the cuts on her face, itchy with splinters. The thought comes to her slowly and not without grudging debate inside her mind. But it's the only place that was really, truly safe.

"Diamond City," she mutters, "I stayed there for a while before. Not exactly rearing to go back, but it'll keep us moderately safe. I may still even have a place."

She sighs before she leans back forward, shifting so she can shuck off her jacket and start going through the many, many pockets, and openly revealing just how many weapons she kept on her person. Several knives tucked into her belt, a few more holsters on her hips, a lever-action hunting rifle on her back. She pulls out a roll of surprisingly white bandage and unwinds a length, her eyes flicking to Coreau.

"You do me, I'll do you," she says, nodding at the cloth in her hands, "and before you say anything, there's nothing you can do to fix it."

She pats her bad leg, grimacing at the twinge of pain. She rattles her brace a bit and glowers at the contraption, made of old leather belts and scrap car chassis.

"Used to wander with a doctor of sorts. Said if there was tissue left it might be salvageable," she tightens a screw and glowers, "but lasers don't leave a whole lot behind. Glad just to be alive."

The last statement falls short, but she shakes her head and becomes more insistent with the bandage.

"You want it or not?"
@munbird @leviathans @Carnifex

Caroline sighs, grimacing as she leans back on her hands, the rough ground digging into her palms. She easily tracks Coreau's eyes and sends her a glare. She does not appreciate the soft tone the other woman gives her, but she ignores it for now.

"There's a few abandoned towns. I cleared out a place full of raiders a few days back," she says, starting to scratch at the cuts on her face, itchy with splinters. The thought comes to her slowly and not without grudging debate inside her mind. But it's the only place that was really, truly safe.

"Diamond City," she mutters, "I stayed there for a while before. Not exactly rearing to go back, but it'll keep us moderately safe. I may still even have a place."

She sighs before she leans back forward, shifting so she can shuck off her jacket and start going through the many, many pockets, and openly revealing just how many weapons she kept on her person. Several knives tucked into her belt, a few more holsters on her hips, a lever-action hunting rifle on her back. She pulls out a roll of surprisingly white bandage and unwinds a length, her eyes flicking to Coreau.

"You do me, I'll do you," she says, nodding at the cloth in her hands, "and before you say anything, there's nothing you can do to fix it."

She pats her bad leg, grimacing at the twinge of pain. She rattles her brace a bit and glowers at the contraption, made of old leather belts and scrap car chassis.

"Used to wander with a doctor of sorts. Said if there was tissue left it might be salvageable," she tightens a screw and glowers, "but lasers don't leave a whole lot behind. Glad just to be alive."

The last statement falls short, but she shakes her head and becomes more insistent with the bandage.

"You want it or not?"
endure and survive.
@Incalyscent @Carnifex @munbird

What's a raider? She bites back the question. There'll be a time and place to grill Caroline for information and it's not here in the ruins of their neighborhood while they bleed out on the dirt. They must look a frightful sight. Bloodied faces, stuck with splinters, probably singed in a few places.

"Diamond City." She repeats idly, words muffled by the bandanna. From the little Caroline says of it, it sounds promising, or at least like a start. And she's eager to see what humanity has made of itself in the last two centuries. With any luck it'll be more malleable than this lot.

"...and before you say anything, there's nothing you can do to fix it."

There's always room for improvement, she thinks, and her thoughts flicker to cyberhounds and metal limbs. Not for the first time Coreau's glad for the cloth around her mouth. She can't help the way her lips pull up in something not quite like a smile. It's hardly friendly. A topic for another time, she decides, if they remained in each other's company in the future and actually survive getting to this Diamond City.

She stares at the gauze in Caroline's hands blankly for a minute, eyes narrowing for a fraction of a second before she pulls her face into an easy going expression. Coreau plucks the rest of the splinters from her arms (she doesn't like the idea of someone touching her more than strictly necessary at the moment) before offering both bleeding limbs out to Caroline.

"Go ahead then. You can tell me more about this place of yours in the city while you're at it." The statement is friendly enough, but there's a burning curiosity underneath it and no small amount of amusement.

You've become a lot more interesting since the world went to hell.
@Incalyscent @Carnifex @munbird

What's a raider? She bites back the question. There'll be a time and place to grill Caroline for information and it's not here in the ruins of their neighborhood while they bleed out on the dirt. They must look a frightful sight. Bloodied faces, stuck with splinters, probably singed in a few places.

"Diamond City." She repeats idly, words muffled by the bandanna. From the little Caroline says of it, it sounds promising, or at least like a start. And she's eager to see what humanity has made of itself in the last two centuries. With any luck it'll be more malleable than this lot.

"...and before you say anything, there's nothing you can do to fix it."

There's always room for improvement, she thinks, and her thoughts flicker to cyberhounds and metal limbs. Not for the first time Coreau's glad for the cloth around her mouth. She can't help the way her lips pull up in something not quite like a smile. It's hardly friendly. A topic for another time, she decides, if they remained in each other's company in the future and actually survive getting to this Diamond City.

She stares at the gauze in Caroline's hands blankly for a minute, eyes narrowing for a fraction of a second before she pulls her face into an easy going expression. Coreau plucks the rest of the splinters from her arms (she doesn't like the idea of someone touching her more than strictly necessary at the moment) before offering both bleeding limbs out to Caroline.

"Go ahead then. You can tell me more about this place of yours in the city while you're at it." The statement is friendly enough, but there's a burning curiosity underneath it and no small amount of amusement.

You've become a lot more interesting since the world went to hell.
@leviathans
@Carnifex
@Incalyscent

"F-family," Bear replied, watching Boris work. The bullet wound was thankfully not too big so stitching it up didn't take too long--even considering both sides needed to be done.

"We're twins, in case it wasn't obvious," Boris said. He was next to Bear at the moment, and leaned over so their faces were side-by-side for comparison. "See? Almost indistinguishable." Boris smiled, almost a grin, whereas his brother simply looked like he was trying to deal with his pain. Boris finished stitching Crow's wound, using a pair of scissors Bear had handed him to cut the fishing line. He stood up, looking at the other women nearby, then to Bear.

"Anything you need taken care of, then?"

"M-maybe..." Bear carefully slipped his jacket off, and the source of pain in his side was now readily apparent. It was less a splinter and more a small branch, about half as big around as his forearm, and possibly as long, buried pretty deep in his abdomen. Boris frowned, putting a hand to his mouth.

"That, uh... that's a little beyond my rudimentary skills with a needle," the man said, then turned to snap his fingers in the direction of Caroline and Coreau to get their attention. "Neither of you are doctors, mm? Or know a doctor? Who operates nearby, preferably."
@leviathans
@Carnifex
@Incalyscent

"F-family," Bear replied, watching Boris work. The bullet wound was thankfully not too big so stitching it up didn't take too long--even considering both sides needed to be done.

"We're twins, in case it wasn't obvious," Boris said. He was next to Bear at the moment, and leaned over so their faces were side-by-side for comparison. "See? Almost indistinguishable." Boris smiled, almost a grin, whereas his brother simply looked like he was trying to deal with his pain. Boris finished stitching Crow's wound, using a pair of scissors Bear had handed him to cut the fishing line. He stood up, looking at the other women nearby, then to Bear.

"Anything you need taken care of, then?"

"M-maybe..." Bear carefully slipped his jacket off, and the source of pain in his side was now readily apparent. It was less a splinter and more a small branch, about half as big around as his forearm, and possibly as long, buried pretty deep in his abdomen. Boris frowned, putting a hand to his mouth.

"That, uh... that's a little beyond my rudimentary skills with a needle," the man said, then turned to snap his fingers in the direction of Caroline and Coreau to get their attention. "Neither of you are doctors, mm? Or know a doctor? Who operates nearby, preferably."
@leviathans
@incalyscent
@munbird

Sheer determination and a bit of internal screaming and Crow forced herself up to her feet after Boris had finished. Raven leaned against her, offering support, and Crow had to ignore the ache all over her body. At least, as far as she could tell, her ankle was just twisted and not broken. She could sort of put her weight on it.

"Er, yeah." Crow said as Boris spoke. "Guess that makes sense." Bear certainly didn't look as happy about the whole situation as his brother did, anyways. She winced visibly when she saw Bear's injury, feeling bad for being so weepy. She had only been in close proximity to an exploding car, it wasn't like she had a branch sticking out of her.

She tried to think of nearby settlements. Concord was apparently a mess, what with the raiders and all. And she heard rumors of other places, but those would be traveling through dangerous territory, and none of those were promised to have doctors. If they really wanted a professional, Diamond City had to be their best bet.

"Depends on your definition of nearby. Diamond City is our best bet." Crow said, shifting her rifle and bags so they weighed less on her injured shoulder and looking towards the others. "Kinda wish we had a brahmin nearby to carry our stuff. Or us."
@leviathans
@incalyscent
@munbird

Sheer determination and a bit of internal screaming and Crow forced herself up to her feet after Boris had finished. Raven leaned against her, offering support, and Crow had to ignore the ache all over her body. At least, as far as she could tell, her ankle was just twisted and not broken. She could sort of put her weight on it.

"Er, yeah." Crow said as Boris spoke. "Guess that makes sense." Bear certainly didn't look as happy about the whole situation as his brother did, anyways. She winced visibly when she saw Bear's injury, feeling bad for being so weepy. She had only been in close proximity to an exploding car, it wasn't like she had a branch sticking out of her.

She tried to think of nearby settlements. Concord was apparently a mess, what with the raiders and all. And she heard rumors of other places, but those would be traveling through dangerous territory, and none of those were promised to have doctors. If they really wanted a professional, Diamond City had to be their best bet.

"Depends on your definition of nearby. Diamond City is our best bet." Crow said, shifting her rifle and bags so they weighed less on her injured shoulder and looking towards the others. "Kinda wish we had a brahmin nearby to carry our stuff. Or us."
JXVUomh.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7