Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Please Stand By (Fallout 4 RP- FULL )
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@leviathans @munbird @Carnifex

"Alright, honest mistake," Caroline says, "so how about we put the gun away and just have a chat. Blood and viscera are really not on my radar for today."

She holds her hands up, her fingers curling close to her ears before she steps back into the doorway, making it clear that her hands are no where near any of the weapons stashed on her body. She stares wearily at Crow for a moment, before her gaze flicks to Bear, holding a stimpack out to the bleeding Coreau. She decides she likes him.

She almost asks about the rumor - all she knew about the Vault was that it was cold and full of corpses. Then she remembers the new jumpsuit on Coreau and turns slowly to face her. The joints on her leg brace groan pathetically, full of dirt and rust.

"Uh, hey," she starts awkwardly, "I'm Caroline, um. We used to live here. Together. I don't know how much you know, but we were frozen for about two hundred years. And I know you're scared, because I was too, and for good reason. The world's gone down the toilet. I have a weapon you can have."

She looks at each person individually, sizing each up, but she doesn't move her hands from their position close to her head. Her gaze returns to Coreau.

"You're going to have to come get it off of me, though, lest I offend anyone else by pulling out a gun."
@leviathans @munbird @Carnifex

"Alright, honest mistake," Caroline says, "so how about we put the gun away and just have a chat. Blood and viscera are really not on my radar for today."

She holds her hands up, her fingers curling close to her ears before she steps back into the doorway, making it clear that her hands are no where near any of the weapons stashed on her body. She stares wearily at Crow for a moment, before her gaze flicks to Bear, holding a stimpack out to the bleeding Coreau. She decides she likes him.

She almost asks about the rumor - all she knew about the Vault was that it was cold and full of corpses. Then she remembers the new jumpsuit on Coreau and turns slowly to face her. The joints on her leg brace groan pathetically, full of dirt and rust.

"Uh, hey," she starts awkwardly, "I'm Caroline, um. We used to live here. Together. I don't know how much you know, but we were frozen for about two hundred years. And I know you're scared, because I was too, and for good reason. The world's gone down the toilet. I have a weapon you can have."

She looks at each person individually, sizing each up, but she doesn't move her hands from their position close to her head. Her gaze returns to Coreau.

"You're going to have to come get it off of me, though, lest I offend anyone else by pulling out a gun."
endure and survive.
@Incalyscent
@munbird
@Carnifex

((Preeetty sure stimpaks or a similar variant were around before the War but the wiki's a bit vague so I'm running with it anyway. Also this is super choppy sorry sorry))

Coreau eyed Bear warily, inwardly debating whether it'd be worth it to move closer to him. The pain and incessant bleeding didn't seem like it would let up soon. So quick as she could Coreau darted forward and plucked the stimpak from his outstretched hand before retreating back against the wall.

Handing out meds and trying to diffuse the situation - well wasn't he just a saint. Coreau fiddled with her jumpsuit collar, pulling the fabric back just enough for her to jam the needle above her shoulder blade. She winced at the sting but sure enough the ache in her nose dulled to nothing, blood finally stopping.

Her eyes flickered up to Bear again and she gave a quiet, barely noticeable nod in thanks.

Oh, I could do far worse than trip over you, she thought darkly as Crow spoke. It wouldn't do to add more fuel to the fire. And the kid was the only one in the room whose hands were actually on a gun. Coreau caught her glare and returned it, grey eyes glittering with malice.

Seems they really were all here together on coincidence (and no small amount of bad luck on her part).

Coreau was half tempted to show the kid the Vault. She'd toss her in a cryopod too for good measure. Crow could probably get in just fine, if the Pip-Boy on her wrist was anything to go by. The one Coreau had used to leave the Vault was nearly broken when she'd found it, and after connecting it to the controls the wire had finally snapped off. At least it had the courtesy to break after she opened the Vault door.

Then Caroline spoke to her and Coreau almost closed the distance just to slap a hand over her neighbor's mouth. Openly revealing to these strangers that they came from the Vault (if the jumpsuits hadn't clued them in already) was one thing - but now they were going to be perfectly aware of just how little Coreau knew about everything around her. So much for any false bravado or leverage.

The part of her brain not swallowed up in ire and paranoia did point out that Caroline could potentially be a source of information. She was even offering her a gun, no strings attached. Coreau felt her heart skip a beat.

She moved slower this time as she approached the other woman, hands slightly raised in almost a mirror of Caroline's. The cautious gesture was more out of self-preservation than trying to provide any reassurance - if this was some kind of ruse she could just reach for the piano wire and lunge and use her weight to take the both of them to the ground.

"Mind cluing me where it is?" She asked, tone low and face schooled into as innocent an expression as she could manage, only a foot of distance between them. As nonthreatening as she seemed at the moment, Coreau didn't relish getting close enough to access one of Caroline's holsters.

((raarahgh sorry bleh it's bad x-x))
@Incalyscent
@munbird
@Carnifex

((Preeetty sure stimpaks or a similar variant were around before the War but the wiki's a bit vague so I'm running with it anyway. Also this is super choppy sorry sorry))

Coreau eyed Bear warily, inwardly debating whether it'd be worth it to move closer to him. The pain and incessant bleeding didn't seem like it would let up soon. So quick as she could Coreau darted forward and plucked the stimpak from his outstretched hand before retreating back against the wall.

Handing out meds and trying to diffuse the situation - well wasn't he just a saint. Coreau fiddled with her jumpsuit collar, pulling the fabric back just enough for her to jam the needle above her shoulder blade. She winced at the sting but sure enough the ache in her nose dulled to nothing, blood finally stopping.

Her eyes flickered up to Bear again and she gave a quiet, barely noticeable nod in thanks.

Oh, I could do far worse than trip over you, she thought darkly as Crow spoke. It wouldn't do to add more fuel to the fire. And the kid was the only one in the room whose hands were actually on a gun. Coreau caught her glare and returned it, grey eyes glittering with malice.

Seems they really were all here together on coincidence (and no small amount of bad luck on her part).

Coreau was half tempted to show the kid the Vault. She'd toss her in a cryopod too for good measure. Crow could probably get in just fine, if the Pip-Boy on her wrist was anything to go by. The one Coreau had used to leave the Vault was nearly broken when she'd found it, and after connecting it to the controls the wire had finally snapped off. At least it had the courtesy to break after she opened the Vault door.

Then Caroline spoke to her and Coreau almost closed the distance just to slap a hand over her neighbor's mouth. Openly revealing to these strangers that they came from the Vault (if the jumpsuits hadn't clued them in already) was one thing - but now they were going to be perfectly aware of just how little Coreau knew about everything around her. So much for any false bravado or leverage.

The part of her brain not swallowed up in ire and paranoia did point out that Caroline could potentially be a source of information. She was even offering her a gun, no strings attached. Coreau felt her heart skip a beat.

She moved slower this time as she approached the other woman, hands slightly raised in almost a mirror of Caroline's. The cautious gesture was more out of self-preservation than trying to provide any reassurance - if this was some kind of ruse she could just reach for the piano wire and lunge and use her weight to take the both of them to the ground.

"Mind cluing me where it is?" She asked, tone low and face schooled into as innocent an expression as she could manage, only a foot of distance between them. As nonthreatening as she seemed at the moment, Coreau didn't relish getting close enough to access one of Caroline's holsters.

((raarahgh sorry bleh it's bad x-x))
@leviathans
@Carnifex
@Incalyscent

Bear nodded back to Coreau, smiling a bit. Though his attention turned quickly to Caroline, moving to give her and her neighbour more room.

"T-two hundred years?" He rested his arm against his bag, looking a bit perplexed at the thought. "Th-that was... b-before the war, right? Th-that... really p-puts my years o-on the road to shame." In his travels (and back home, as well) he'd heard a bit of talk about cryogenics, but hadn't ever met someone who'd been put on ice--let alone for that long. It was disconcerting in a way, and the thought made him shudder a bit. What a world to wake up to.

"H-how long have y-you been unthawed?" he asked Caroline, looking to her. It was obvious she had experience surviving outside a Vault, but Bear couldn't imagine there was that big a gap between when the two women had revived.
@leviathans
@Carnifex
@Incalyscent

Bear nodded back to Coreau, smiling a bit. Though his attention turned quickly to Caroline, moving to give her and her neighbour more room.

"T-two hundred years?" He rested his arm against his bag, looking a bit perplexed at the thought. "Th-that was... b-before the war, right? Th-that... really p-puts my years o-on the road to shame." In his travels (and back home, as well) he'd heard a bit of talk about cryogenics, but hadn't ever met someone who'd been put on ice--let alone for that long. It was disconcerting in a way, and the thought made him shudder a bit. What a world to wake up to.

"H-how long have y-you been unthawed?" he asked Caroline, looking to her. It was obvious she had experience surviving outside a Vault, but Bear couldn't imagine there was that big a gap between when the two women had revived.
@leviathans @munbird @incalyscent

Placated enough, Crow flicked the safety on her rifle and placed in back in the sling around her. She dusted her hands off, standing next to her dog and listening to the conversation. She tilts her head slightly at the mention of 200 years. That was a long time. Huh, wonder what these two knew about the world before it all went to hell. Probably was way better than it was now, even if nuclear war happened and everything died. If the posters and various old relics were anything to go by, it was some weirdly idyllic, serene land where everyone was pale and had the same weird house and plenty of food and two and a half children. She supposed that wasn't too bad.

The mention of cryogenics was interesting too. Bear had the advantage on her, she only knew vaguely that the weird pods in the vault were potentially 'cryogenic' because that's what the rumors said. They never actually said much beyond that except there were just frozen people in there. Didn't say they were actually still alive, either. Weird.

Either way, she kept her mouth shut, leaning against one of the ruined walls and sitting down next to Raven, scratching the dog behind the ears. Everyone had gone unarming themselves, and Crow figured if it did suddenly turn to bloodshed--which was unlikely considering the lengths these people took to avoid shooting, which was kind of refreshing and meant they probably weren't raiders at least--she could pull out her pistols fast enough, and Raven was more than capable of springing. Said dog in question was leaning against Crow, but watching the various people in the room with bright interest.

Placated enough, Crow flicked the safety on her rifle and placed in back in the sling around her. She dusted her hands off, standing next to her dog and listening to the conversation. She tilts her head slightly at the mention of 200 years. That was a long time. Huh, wonder what these two knew about the world before it all went to hell. Probably was way better than it was now, even if nuclear war happened and everything died. If the posters and various old relics were anything to go by, it was some weirdly idyllic, serene land where everyone was pale and had the same weird house and plenty of food and two and a half children. She supposed that wasn't too bad.

The mention of cryogenics was interesting too. Bear had the advantage on her, she only knew vaguely that the weird pods in the vault were potentially 'cryogenic' because that's what the rumors said. They never actually said much beyond that except there were just frozen people in there. Didn't say they were actually still alive, either. Weird.

Either way, she kept her mouth shut, leaning against one of the ruined walls and sitting down next to Raven, scratching the dog behind the ears. Everyone had gone unarming themselves, and Crow figured if it did suddenly turn to bloodshed--which was unlikely considering the lengths these people took to avoid shooting, which was kind of refreshing and meant they probably weren't raiders at least--she could pull out her pistols fast enough, and Raven was more than capable of springing. Said dog in question was leaning against Crow, but watching the various people in the room with bright interest.
JXVUomh.png
@Carnifex @munbird @leviathans

"There's a nine millimeter in my left sidearm holster, under my arm," Caroline says to Coreau, "and you're gonna take it and put it in your waistband or boot or somewhere non-threatening, yeah?"

Caroline wasn't exactly thrilled with having someone this close to her - it had been months, maybe years since someone had been - but if she figured if anyone here decided to shoot, it would only be fair if anyone was actually armed. The sound and rustle of Crow disarming made that now unlikely, with Bear's pacifism and the fact that her own weapons were now fairly hard to get at. Her shotgun is literally strapped to her brace, and her hunting rifle is buried underneath her jacket.

Her eyes flick briefly to Bear before returning to Coreau. She contemplates the question for a brief moment.

"I'm gonna guess two years, maybe more," she says, "it's hard to keep track of yourself out there, you know? Not to mention I didn't exactly have the most restful two hundred years. Something wrong with my pod. Kept waking up. Really messed with my sense of time."
@Carnifex @munbird @leviathans

"There's a nine millimeter in my left sidearm holster, under my arm," Caroline says to Coreau, "and you're gonna take it and put it in your waistband or boot or somewhere non-threatening, yeah?"

Caroline wasn't exactly thrilled with having someone this close to her - it had been months, maybe years since someone had been - but if she figured if anyone here decided to shoot, it would only be fair if anyone was actually armed. The sound and rustle of Crow disarming made that now unlikely, with Bear's pacifism and the fact that her own weapons were now fairly hard to get at. Her shotgun is literally strapped to her brace, and her hunting rifle is buried underneath her jacket.

Her eyes flick briefly to Bear before returning to Coreau. She contemplates the question for a brief moment.

"I'm gonna guess two years, maybe more," she says, "it's hard to keep track of yourself out there, you know? Not to mention I didn't exactly have the most restful two hundred years. Something wrong with my pod. Kept waking up. Really messed with my sense of time."
endure and survive.
@munbird
@Carnifex
@Incalyscent

"...and you're gonna take it and put it in your waistband or boot or somewhere non-threatening, yeah?"

Coreau flashed her a small smile. "Of course." Her neighbor looked armed to the teeth and just as uncomfortable with the proximity as she was. She didn't break eye contact as she pulled the handgun from its holster, the weight of it in her hand instantly making her feel better. Coreau briefly checked the magazine to make sure there were actually bullets in the thing before backing away and tucking the gun into the top of her boot.

If the kid could play nice so could she.

"T-two hundred years?"

She turned a slightly incredulous stare upon Bear. "And you believe it, just like that?" Well, maybe at least people wouldn't consider her a headcase if being frozen for 200 years wasn't such a stretch in the world today.

Caroline's stare was starting to set her teeth on edge. She guessed it wasn't that much of a surprise that she wasn't the only one shoved in a faulty pod. It still rankled her that the other woman knew more about the world than she did. Might as well ask questions while this stand still lasted.

"Did you find anything left from Vault Tech, anyone still alive?" She asked Caroline. She owed them a visit, if Caroline had found anything. They might not like their frozen tv dinners up and walking around, and the sooner they were out of the picture for good the better.

Crow's lack of words didn't sit well with her (well nothing about the kid did, and it wasn't just because she nearly broke her nose tripping over her). She was a perceptive one, taking in the entire conversation in silence. Coreau turned to her.

"What's your name anyway - "

"- Excuse me, ma'am, I don't mean to interrupt." Codsworth had moved closer to the doorway, giving Caroline a respectable amount of distance. Coreau grit her teeth. Leave it to him to get involved in the situation late.

"Now's not the best time, Codsworth - "

"- But my sensors are picking movement near the bridge out of town." He interrupted again, tinny voice anxious. "And there was a small party of super mutants in the area just the other night, I'm concerned they might've decided to return - "

She cut across him this time, puzzled. "What's a super mutant?" It sounded ridiculous, like something out of a comic book.

((hope you peeps o mine dont mind me tossing some super mutants in o3o))
@munbird
@Carnifex
@Incalyscent

"...and you're gonna take it and put it in your waistband or boot or somewhere non-threatening, yeah?"

Coreau flashed her a small smile. "Of course." Her neighbor looked armed to the teeth and just as uncomfortable with the proximity as she was. She didn't break eye contact as she pulled the handgun from its holster, the weight of it in her hand instantly making her feel better. Coreau briefly checked the magazine to make sure there were actually bullets in the thing before backing away and tucking the gun into the top of her boot.

If the kid could play nice so could she.

"T-two hundred years?"

She turned a slightly incredulous stare upon Bear. "And you believe it, just like that?" Well, maybe at least people wouldn't consider her a headcase if being frozen for 200 years wasn't such a stretch in the world today.

Caroline's stare was starting to set her teeth on edge. She guessed it wasn't that much of a surprise that she wasn't the only one shoved in a faulty pod. It still rankled her that the other woman knew more about the world than she did. Might as well ask questions while this stand still lasted.

"Did you find anything left from Vault Tech, anyone still alive?" She asked Caroline. She owed them a visit, if Caroline had found anything. They might not like their frozen tv dinners up and walking around, and the sooner they were out of the picture for good the better.

Crow's lack of words didn't sit well with her (well nothing about the kid did, and it wasn't just because she nearly broke her nose tripping over her). She was a perceptive one, taking in the entire conversation in silence. Coreau turned to her.

"What's your name anyway - "

"- Excuse me, ma'am, I don't mean to interrupt." Codsworth had moved closer to the doorway, giving Caroline a respectable amount of distance. Coreau grit her teeth. Leave it to him to get involved in the situation late.

"Now's not the best time, Codsworth - "

"- But my sensors are picking movement near the bridge out of town." He interrupted again, tinny voice anxious. "And there was a small party of super mutants in the area just the other night, I'm concerned they might've decided to return - "

She cut across him this time, puzzled. "What's a super mutant?" It sounded ridiculous, like something out of a comic book.

((hope you peeps o mine dont mind me tossing some super mutants in o3o))
@leviathans
@Carnifex
@Incalyscent

((yes good, we need some excitement~))

Bear shrugged at Coreau, after acknowledging Caroline's response to his question with a nod.

"I-I've heard w-weirder stories than th-that," he said. "Cr-crygenics aren't exactly common, b-but... I, uh, my b-brother is a sc-scientist, and he's t-talked about that sort of stuff b-before." He scratched at his face, around his beard, glancing at the women around him. Then Codsworth interrupted, and Bear tensed at the mention of super mutants. He snapped his fingers towards his dog, who promptly got up and went out the door, standing on alert just outside the house. Without really thinking, he reached into his bag, and pulled out a weathered hunting rifle.

"S-super mutants are b-bad news," he said, as a partial response to Coreau's question. It wasn't really an answer, but he didn't really know much about them himself--other than the fact they were big, mean, and it might take all four of them plus both dogs just to fend off a small group. "Th-there'll be time t-to explain if we all m-make it outta this in one piece."
@leviathans
@Carnifex
@Incalyscent

((yes good, we need some excitement~))

Bear shrugged at Coreau, after acknowledging Caroline's response to his question with a nod.

"I-I've heard w-weirder stories than th-that," he said. "Cr-crygenics aren't exactly common, b-but... I, uh, my b-brother is a sc-scientist, and he's t-talked about that sort of stuff b-before." He scratched at his face, around his beard, glancing at the women around him. Then Codsworth interrupted, and Bear tensed at the mention of super mutants. He snapped his fingers towards his dog, who promptly got up and went out the door, standing on alert just outside the house. Without really thinking, he reached into his bag, and pulled out a weathered hunting rifle.

"S-super mutants are b-bad news," he said, as a partial response to Coreau's question. It wasn't really an answer, but he didn't really know much about them himself--other than the fact they were big, mean, and it might take all four of them plus both dogs just to fend off a small group. "Th-there'll be time t-to explain if we all m-make it outta this in one piece."

When Coreau glanced over her, Crow flashed a wide grin, still patting Raven behind the ears. "You can call me Crow, if y'want. And you've already met Raven." The dog let out a quiet wuff but otherwise made no noise, wagging her tail.

She turned her attention to the robot as Codsworth came in, for the first time looking slightly nervous. Damned robots. She had enough old scars from turrets, and her brother had learned the hard way how effective those sentry bots were, anyways.

But then Codsworth explained there were super mutants, and Crow was already moving to get up. "Raven, go keep guard as well." She said, and Raven trotted out to join Bear's dog outside on alert, ears pricked and teeth slightly bared. She considered Coreau's question with a frown, adding onto Bear's answer, "They're huge, like twice as big as me, with arms like tree trunks. Could break you in half. You don't want to face one, let alone a group of 'em." She pulled her rifle out of the sling as well, turning her attention to the door.

When Coreau glanced over her, Crow flashed a wide grin, still patting Raven behind the ears. "You can call me Crow, if y'want. And you've already met Raven." The dog let out a quiet wuff but otherwise made no noise, wagging her tail.

She turned her attention to the robot as Codsworth came in, for the first time looking slightly nervous. Damned robots. She had enough old scars from turrets, and her brother had learned the hard way how effective those sentry bots were, anyways.

But then Codsworth explained there were super mutants, and Crow was already moving to get up. "Raven, go keep guard as well." She said, and Raven trotted out to join Bear's dog outside on alert, ears pricked and teeth slightly bared. She considered Coreau's question with a frown, adding onto Bear's answer, "They're huge, like twice as big as me, with arms like tree trunks. Could break you in half. You don't want to face one, let alone a group of 'em." She pulled her rifle out of the sling as well, turning her attention to the door.
JXVUomh.png
@leviathans @Carnifex @munbird

Caroline lets her arms fall slowly as Coreau backs away. She drops her gaze to adjust her gloves, ignoring the way the underneaths of her nails are black with grit and oil. There's a telltale glimmer in her eyes that tells of a smirk under the handkerchief hiding the lower half of her face.

"Tracked one," she says to Coreau without really looking at her, "he won't be freezing nobody for a long while. The rest of them are god knows where. If you're looking to track 'em down, it's gonna take you a long while."

Her head snaps up at the presence of the robot so close to her, her eyes narrowing on reflex. As much as she knows this particular one was harmless, she had met many that were not. However, at the mention of super mutants she is both skidding inside the house, eager to be out of the doorway, and wrestling the shotgun off her leg brace simultaneously. She gives the slightest glance to both the others who arm themselves. While she didn't particularly trust either of them yet, they had made it clear enough that they weren't looking to blow her head off. She crouches just inside the door, her brace protesting and only allowing her left leg to bend about halfway, making her leg stick out to the side awkwardly. She curses the thing, but looks over her shoulder at Coreau.

"I guess you're gonna figure out if you know how to use that thing," she says, nodding at the pistol stuffed in the other's boot, "Crow is right. These things are nasty."

She returns her gaze out the doorway, leaning out to scan the horizon. There are shapes out there for sure. Big ones.

"Here's hoping you can shoot," she says, directing the quip at all present company.
@leviathans @Carnifex @munbird

Caroline lets her arms fall slowly as Coreau backs away. She drops her gaze to adjust her gloves, ignoring the way the underneaths of her nails are black with grit and oil. There's a telltale glimmer in her eyes that tells of a smirk under the handkerchief hiding the lower half of her face.

"Tracked one," she says to Coreau without really looking at her, "he won't be freezing nobody for a long while. The rest of them are god knows where. If you're looking to track 'em down, it's gonna take you a long while."

Her head snaps up at the presence of the robot so close to her, her eyes narrowing on reflex. As much as she knows this particular one was harmless, she had met many that were not. However, at the mention of super mutants she is both skidding inside the house, eager to be out of the doorway, and wrestling the shotgun off her leg brace simultaneously. She gives the slightest glance to both the others who arm themselves. While she didn't particularly trust either of them yet, they had made it clear enough that they weren't looking to blow her head off. She crouches just inside the door, her brace protesting and only allowing her left leg to bend about halfway, making her leg stick out to the side awkwardly. She curses the thing, but looks over her shoulder at Coreau.

"I guess you're gonna figure out if you know how to use that thing," she says, nodding at the pistol stuffed in the other's boot, "Crow is right. These things are nasty."

She returns her gaze out the doorway, leaning out to scan the horizon. There are shapes out there for sure. Big ones.

"Here's hoping you can shoot," she says, directing the quip at all present company.
endure and survive.
@Incalyscent
@carnifex
@munbird

She watched both dogs go out the door with growing apprehension. No one looked too thrilled about whatever these things were. She almost scoffed at Crow's description, but a small voice in the back of her head reminded her about the giant roaches in the Vault. These super mutants seemed a lot worse.

"That still doesn't answer my question! So they're big and strong, that barely tells me anything - "

BOOM!

A poorly aimed missile collided with the far side of the house's roof. The force of it knocked Coreau off balance and she stumbled into Bear. The far side of the house collapsed, spilling dust and bits of debris into the room they stood in. Her lungs seized violently and she coughed into her arm.

Angry, guttural voices outside drew her attention, and with a thrill of horror she saw huge monstrous forms down the street, moving closer. She reached for the gun in her boot, it's light weight a lot less comforting than before.

Her brain finally overcame her panic. She glanced around wildly through the dust, spotting the hole in the building. No use staying here and getting blown to pieces by whatever that thing was carrying...was that a missile launcher?

She ducked out through the hole in the back of the house before another missile could finish the job, keeping her form low to the ground. She braced herself against the wall, temporarily hidden from sight. Could she manage to escape the town whIle the other 3 distracted the mutants? Her tightening lungs wouldn't get her far, and if Bear, Caroline, and Crow all got killed those things would turn to her next...

Fighting, then. Wonderful. She clicked the safety off the nine millimeter, finding herself wishing not for the first time that she'd learned to use a gun before this mess.

((AND SUDDENLY MISSILE LAUNCHERS))
@Incalyscent
@carnifex
@munbird

She watched both dogs go out the door with growing apprehension. No one looked too thrilled about whatever these things were. She almost scoffed at Crow's description, but a small voice in the back of her head reminded her about the giant roaches in the Vault. These super mutants seemed a lot worse.

"That still doesn't answer my question! So they're big and strong, that barely tells me anything - "

BOOM!

A poorly aimed missile collided with the far side of the house's roof. The force of it knocked Coreau off balance and she stumbled into Bear. The far side of the house collapsed, spilling dust and bits of debris into the room they stood in. Her lungs seized violently and she coughed into her arm.

Angry, guttural voices outside drew her attention, and with a thrill of horror she saw huge monstrous forms down the street, moving closer. She reached for the gun in her boot, it's light weight a lot less comforting than before.

Her brain finally overcame her panic. She glanced around wildly through the dust, spotting the hole in the building. No use staying here and getting blown to pieces by whatever that thing was carrying...was that a missile launcher?

She ducked out through the hole in the back of the house before another missile could finish the job, keeping her form low to the ground. She braced herself against the wall, temporarily hidden from sight. Could she manage to escape the town whIle the other 3 distracted the mutants? Her tightening lungs wouldn't get her far, and if Bear, Caroline, and Crow all got killed those things would turn to her next...

Fighting, then. Wonderful. She clicked the safety off the nine millimeter, finding herself wishing not for the first time that she'd learned to use a gun before this mess.

((AND SUDDENLY MISSILE LAUNCHERS))
1 2 3 4 5 6 7