Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Diplomatic Death (Day Two)
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
@Moonwater @RamshackleInn ----- [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/151375/15137428p.png[/img] Shadow gasped when she heard the news. [color=navy][b]"Dead?[/b][/color] The Fae asked no one in particular. She shook her head. [color=navy][i]Why would a dragon leave the safety of their nest?[/i][/color] She asked herself. When she heard a familiar dragon's name called out, she sighed. [color=navy][i]Zircon?[/i][/color] She had been talkng to him the day before. Shadow shuddered. It seemed unreal to realise that she was one of the last dragons he talked to.[/center]
@Moonwater @RamshackleInn
15137428p.png
Shadow gasped when she heard the news.
"Dead? The Fae asked no one in particular. She shook her head. Why would a dragon leave the safety of their nest? She asked herself. When she heard a familiar dragon's name called out, she sighed. Zircon? She had been talkng to him the day before. Shadow shuddered. It seemed unreal to realise that she was one of the last dragons he talked to.
OOso4C1.pngxxx they/them - fr+19 - carrd
quests | lore

not super active
Tiaka woke with a start the very next morning. Her head snapped up and spun about her quarters, trying to find the disturbance that had jolted her awake so suddenly, until her ears pricked and twitched towards the door. Outside she could hear the shuffling of feet and the rapid chattering of many dragons. Either some kind of commotion was going on, or they decided the perfect place for the morning meeting was right outside her room. After pushing herself up and slightly extending her wing to allow for Rook to perch on her shoulder, she stomped her way over to the door. She could feel flames prickling the back of her throat as she opened her jaws to snap at those who had the nerve to wake her up from such a nice dream, but just as she did she overheard a snippet of a conversation:

Four diplomats... dead... a scientist's experiment... we're keeping the bodies inside...

Instantly she recoiled, snapping her snarling jaws shut. "Dead? Somebody died? They were poisoned? What in blazes is going on?" she thought, but the words never escaped her. Instead she sat at the back of the crowd, utterly dumbfounded. Back home accidents with machinery and clumsy workers were rather common, but this was different. It was a gathering of diplomats in a supposedly safe location, and the circumstances were too fishy for her liking. She bit her lip and glanced around nervously at other dragons, the scales on the back of her neck prickling from shock.
Tiaka woke with a start the very next morning. Her head snapped up and spun about her quarters, trying to find the disturbance that had jolted her awake so suddenly, until her ears pricked and twitched towards the door. Outside she could hear the shuffling of feet and the rapid chattering of many dragons. Either some kind of commotion was going on, or they decided the perfect place for the morning meeting was right outside her room. After pushing herself up and slightly extending her wing to allow for Rook to perch on her shoulder, she stomped her way over to the door. She could feel flames prickling the back of her throat as she opened her jaws to snap at those who had the nerve to wake her up from such a nice dream, but just as she did she overheard a snippet of a conversation:

Four diplomats... dead... a scientist's experiment... we're keeping the bodies inside...

Instantly she recoiled, snapping her snarling jaws shut. "Dead? Somebody died? They were poisoned? What in blazes is going on?" she thought, but the words never escaped her. Instead she sat at the back of the crowd, utterly dumbfounded. Back home accidents with machinery and clumsy workers were rather common, but this was different. It was a gathering of diplomats in a supposedly safe location, and the circumstances were too fishy for her liking. She bit her lip and glanced around nervously at other dragons, the scales on the back of her neck prickling from shock.
IzaDclC.png
Saphira awoke late, and by the time she had finished grooming and made her way out of her quarters, many of the other diplomats were already outside.

She felt a rising sense of uneasiness as she listened to the conversation surrounding her. Four dragons dead? What on earth had happened last night?

She listened as Asura explained the cause of their demise, and frowned. All four of them went for a midnight stroll and ate from a clearly marked magical experiment? That sounds more than a little suspicious to me. It almost sounds like they're hiding something from us.

She would keep her misgivings to herself, for now. It wouldn't do to make people think she was trying to blame someone for the incident.

"When I said it would be entertaining for a bit of trouble to happen, this wasn't what I had in mind," she muttered to herself.
Saphira awoke late, and by the time she had finished grooming and made her way out of her quarters, many of the other diplomats were already outside.

She felt a rising sense of uneasiness as she listened to the conversation surrounding her. Four dragons dead? What on earth had happened last night?

She listened as Asura explained the cause of their demise, and frowned. All four of them went for a midnight stroll and ate from a clearly marked magical experiment? That sounds more than a little suspicious to me. It almost sounds like they're hiding something from us.

She would keep her misgivings to herself, for now. It wouldn't do to make people think she was trying to blame someone for the incident.

"When I said it would be entertaining for a bit of trouble to happen, this wasn't what I had in mind," she muttered to herself.
@WaterWolf600 @Shiisiln @Nimbasa @RamshackleInn

"I'm very sorry about this tragic accident." Asura kept repeating. Leaving Simon's side, she moved towards the other three dragons. "Won't you have some breakfast? I promise that we didn't include Aatrox's experiment in the buffet. We've also had it checked for poison and any other substances that are lethal or can cause discomfort beyond a simply bellyache. It should be safe."

Saying this, she picked up an insect and popped it into her mouth.
@WaterWolf600 @Shiisiln @Nimbasa @RamshackleInn

"I'm very sorry about this tragic accident." Asura kept repeating. Leaving Simon's side, she moved towards the other three dragons. "Won't you have some breakfast? I promise that we didn't include Aatrox's experiment in the buffet. We've also had it checked for poison and any other substances that are lethal or can cause discomfort beyond a simply bellyache. It should be safe."

Saying this, she picked up an insect and popped it into her mouth.
HJ96ihU.pngGSD8hcq.pngMm9DGm5.png
@Nimbasa

Cautiously, Saphira made her way forward. No matter what had happened, it made sense to eat and refresh themselves before they had to face the rest of the day.

Passing Tiaka in the crowd, she nudged the pearlcatcher gently on the shoulder. "Would you care to have breakfast with me?" She asked.
@Nimbasa

Cautiously, Saphira made her way forward. No matter what had happened, it made sense to eat and refresh themselves before they had to face the rest of the day.

Passing Tiaka in the crowd, she nudged the pearlcatcher gently on the shoulder. "Would you care to have breakfast with me?" She asked.
(@Moonwater-as you probably noticed, I changed my username. If you want to ping me, you'll have to use it. Sorry for any inconvenience)

Innokenti lurked at the edge of the crowd. At the announcement of the accident, he had sat down
heavily, feeling as though a boulder had been dropped on him. Three...dead? His insides rolled as the names were listed. How could this happen? How did they miss the labels?

It sounded rather suspicious.

He shook his head, instinctively cradling his pearl. He closed his eyes and tried to focus on something else as the familiar cold feeling of dread started to creep up his chest.
(@Moonwater-as you probably noticed, I changed my username. If you want to ping me, you'll have to use it. Sorry for any inconvenience)

Innokenti lurked at the edge of the crowd. At the announcement of the accident, he had sat down
heavily, feeling as though a boulder had been dropped on him. Three...dead? His insides rolled as the names were listed. How could this happen? How did they miss the labels?

It sounded rather suspicious.

He shook his head, instinctively cradling his pearl. He closed his eyes and tried to focus on something else as the familiar cold feeling of dread started to creep up his chest.
gqS46t9.png
@Moonwater @WavesOfWoe

Simon's stomach rolled unpleasantly at the thought of food. How can someone eat at a time like this?

He dipped his head. "Perhaps later, miss Asura."

He noticed the Pearlcatcher sitting by his own, obviously distraught. He tried to remember his name. Inn, wasn't it? Well, that'll be easy to remember.

He walked and sat down next to him, brows furrowed in concern. "Are you alright, sir?"
@Moonwater @WavesOfWoe

Simon's stomach rolled unpleasantly at the thought of food. How can someone eat at a time like this?

He dipped his head. "Perhaps later, miss Asura."

He noticed the Pearlcatcher sitting by his own, obviously distraught. He tried to remember his name. Inn, wasn't it? Well, that'll be easy to remember.

He walked and sat down next to him, brows furrowed in concern. "Are you alright, sir?"
gqS46t9.png
@RamshackleInn

Inn's eyes popped open at the sound of another voice. He jumped a little and blinked, staring at the Tundra. Where'd you come from?!

"O-oh, I'm...I'm fine." he stuttered trying to re-gain his composure. "Simon, was it? Don't worry about me." He chuckled nervously. "It's...it's just a bit of a shock. Y'know?"
@RamshackleInn

Inn's eyes popped open at the sound of another voice. He jumped a little and blinked, staring at the Tundra. Where'd you come from?!

"O-oh, I'm...I'm fine." he stuttered trying to re-gain his composure. "Simon, was it? Don't worry about me." He chuckled nervously. "It's...it's just a bit of a shock. Y'know?"
gqS46t9.png
@Shiisiln

Tiaka wasn't sure if she could stomach food at a time like this. The conversations had gone rather rapidly from "a bunch of dragons just died in a way that was probably extremely painful and horrific and we're still not sure why" to "want some breakfast?" and she was still trying to process the whole people dying part.

She was so caught up in her own thoughts that Saphira's gentle tap on her shoulder made her jump.

"Oh! Hi, Saphira. Sorry, I was a little distracted there for a moment. Sure, I'd love to."
@Shiisiln

Tiaka wasn't sure if she could stomach food at a time like this. The conversations had gone rather rapidly from "a bunch of dragons just died in a way that was probably extremely painful and horrific and we're still not sure why" to "want some breakfast?" and she was still trying to process the whole people dying part.

She was so caught up in her own thoughts that Saphira's gentle tap on her shoulder made her jump.

"Oh! Hi, Saphira. Sorry, I was a little distracted there for a moment. Sure, I'd love to."
IzaDclC.png
(that really weird moment when i've only just got the pings? o.O - replies here later - )
(that really weird moment when i've only just got the pings? o.O - replies here later - )
QBilaUP.pnghttps://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3282077
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15