Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ace's Journey RP Thread [Open]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sumiko slithered after them- they were picking up speed? No- she was growing tired. Her wings flittered with effort now. She couldn't lose sight of them. She couldn't.

Kazfiel wove through the trees- and caught it. A faint scent. He couldn't track it in any general direction- but he went with his gut. His claws skid over the ground every so often.
That little dragon- he was getting closer. He'd picked the right direction.

@DarkDragonfly
@KCSquib
@Solztize
@ Cyva
@astralTempo
@atreyu1110
Sumiko slithered after them- they were picking up speed? No- she was growing tired. Her wings flittered with effort now. She couldn't lose sight of them. She couldn't.

Kazfiel wove through the trees- and caught it. A faint scent. He couldn't track it in any general direction- but he went with his gut. His claws skid over the ground every so often.
That little dragon- he was getting closer. He'd picked the right direction.

@DarkDragonfly
@KCSquib
@Solztize
@ Cyva
@astralTempo
@atreyu1110
OKxuOgN.png
@DarkDragonfly
@KCSquib
@Solztize
@Cyva
@ astralTempo
@atreyu1110

Melrose hung on with all he had until he felt the signature whiplash of losing his grip.

Before he could hit the ground, however, Melrose used the momentum to his advantage, slingshot-ing himself back up towards the cloud cover of the storm above. Hopefully the thick, rolling clouds would guise his natural colors.

As he flew by, however, he got a better look at the dragon he had wounded.

It was only for an instant, but it was not his intended target.

Oops.

Wrong plague dragon.

He’d be sure to apologize to Anton for that later- maybe Melrose might even offer a meal at his home lair as a sign of compunction.

Snapping back to reality however, Melrose looked about for his true target.

None too surprisingly, his target was cowering in some undergrowth not too far away.

It was the red of the spiral’s wings and underbelly that gave him away.

Biding a few precious seconds extra to charge up on the static within the storm, Melrose then dove with many arcs of lightning rippling through the air behind him from the clouds above.

He shot down with a force greater than a Snapper’s bite, ready to pounce and electrocute the unsuspecting Garnet below.

The Spiral wasn’t getting off easy.

((I forgot that Anton was a plague dragon too. I’m not sure whether it was an awesome twist or just an oversight. It fit with Melrose’s state of mind in the moment, though. What do you guys think?))
@DarkDragonfly
@KCSquib
@Solztize
@Cyva
@ astralTempo
@atreyu1110

Melrose hung on with all he had until he felt the signature whiplash of losing his grip.

Before he could hit the ground, however, Melrose used the momentum to his advantage, slingshot-ing himself back up towards the cloud cover of the storm above. Hopefully the thick, rolling clouds would guise his natural colors.

As he flew by, however, he got a better look at the dragon he had wounded.

It was only for an instant, but it was not his intended target.

Oops.

Wrong plague dragon.

He’d be sure to apologize to Anton for that later- maybe Melrose might even offer a meal at his home lair as a sign of compunction.

Snapping back to reality however, Melrose looked about for his true target.

None too surprisingly, his target was cowering in some undergrowth not too far away.

It was the red of the spiral’s wings and underbelly that gave him away.

Biding a few precious seconds extra to charge up on the static within the storm, Melrose then dove with many arcs of lightning rippling through the air behind him from the clouds above.

He shot down with a force greater than a Snapper’s bite, ready to pounce and electrocute the unsuspecting Garnet below.

The Spiral wasn’t getting off easy.

((I forgot that Anton was a plague dragon too. I’m not sure whether it was an awesome twist or just an oversight. It fit with Melrose’s state of mind in the moment, though. What do you guys think?))
@astralTempo

I think it made an awesome twist. We can't have the good guys get through this unscathed, and it was perfectly in character for Garnet to do what he did. :)
@astralTempo

I think it made an awesome twist. We can't have the good guys get through this unscathed, and it was perfectly in character for Garnet to do what he did. :)
sZsrs4b.jpg
@ DarkDragonfly
@KCSquib
@Solztize
@Cyva
@astralTempo
@atreyu1110

Dragonhome... and the Shreiking Wilds... these were places he had never been.

His clan was pretty much destroyed... he had no home.

He was scared and weak... others had to fight for him.

He reflected on his pitiful life... maybe he should have just gone to the Plaguebringer.

He began to slide off into unconsciousness, finally giving up... but then he saw his mother's face, so loving, so caring.

No.

It can't end like this. I'm not giving up.

A surge of energy coursed through Ace's body, temporarily overriding the effects of the plague that pained him. He stood up on Shu's back, arched his neck to the sky and roared with all his might.

"The Plaguebringer can drown in her lake of rot! I will never serve her as long as I live!"

He leaped off Shu and raced away, each beat of his wings stronger than the last. He moved forward with determination in his eyes. He was going to save his mother, and no one was going to stop him. But first, he needed the means to do so; Dragonhome was a great place to start.

This was the beginning of a life-long journey for the young Pearlcatcher.

(( Btw, if anyone is curious about where his pearl is, it was taken from him when he was exalted. I assume patrons of the Plaguemother have no need for trivial things such as memories. ))
@ DarkDragonfly
@KCSquib
@Solztize
@Cyva
@astralTempo
@atreyu1110

Dragonhome... and the Shreiking Wilds... these were places he had never been.

His clan was pretty much destroyed... he had no home.

He was scared and weak... others had to fight for him.

He reflected on his pitiful life... maybe he should have just gone to the Plaguebringer.

He began to slide off into unconsciousness, finally giving up... but then he saw his mother's face, so loving, so caring.

No.

It can't end like this. I'm not giving up.

A surge of energy coursed through Ace's body, temporarily overriding the effects of the plague that pained him. He stood up on Shu's back, arched his neck to the sky and roared with all his might.

"The Plaguebringer can drown in her lake of rot! I will never serve her as long as I live!"

He leaped off Shu and raced away, each beat of his wings stronger than the last. He moved forward with determination in his eyes. He was going to save his mother, and no one was going to stop him. But first, he needed the means to do so; Dragonhome was a great place to start.

This was the beginning of a life-long journey for the young Pearlcatcher.

(( Btw, if anyone is curious about where his pearl is, it was taken from him when he was exalted. I assume patrons of the Plaguemother have no need for trivial things such as memories. ))
aaaaaaaaa
RdVh6mS.png
aa
Naomi ~ she/they ~ FR +3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Music Share | Wishlist
Art Shop | Hatchery

~ Writing noughts till the end of time...
Meet me where the cliffs greet the sea. ~
aa GdA4c8j.png
@DarkDragonfly
@ KCSquib
@Solztize
@Cyva
@astralTempo
@atreyu1110

Flying was not Tiri's strong suit. SHe was beginning to tire, it was good that DragonHome wasn't far off. She looked back worriedly at Ace, he seemed to be slipping in and out of consciousness.
just a little further and we can stop
Tiri wasn't looking when Ace stood up, but she certainly was paying attention when he roared with all the strength he could muster, then leapt off Shu's back faster then either of them could react.
"Ace!! Wait!!"
Tiri followed Ace, her worry giving her a bit of speed. She left Shu to either catch up, or fall behind. DragonHome appeared beneath them. If Ace were still unconscious, they would have stopped by now, but it did not look to Tiri as if Ace had any intention of stopping.

Anton saw two dragons flying ahead of him. One was definitely an imperial. The Dryad began to quiver a bit.
That's them. If she's not in perfect health by the time I get there......
Anton focused himself, preparing for the worst, his blood began to boil at the mere thought of Tiri getting hurt.

Garnet heard the crackling mere moments before he felt it. The electricity coursed through him, burning and popping as it went. He writhed in pain on the ground. He felt himself falling. He thought for a moment that the fae had managed to pick him up, but he could not see it. All at once, the electricity stopped, and everything was dark. The sounds of water dripping made its way to Garnet. He sat up weakly, there was a light above his head, and darkness stretched in every other direction.
I'll take my chances in the darkness
Garnet could not move quickly, but one does not need to be quick when one is surrounded by darkness. He slithered his way into the shadows. The light above him flickered. Something was blocking out the light from the hole.
(In case it wasn't clear. Garnet's writhing and Melrose's electricity collapsed a hole into a set of tunnels beneath the Starfall Isles. )
@DarkDragonfly
@ KCSquib
@Solztize
@Cyva
@astralTempo
@atreyu1110

Flying was not Tiri's strong suit. SHe was beginning to tire, it was good that DragonHome wasn't far off. She looked back worriedly at Ace, he seemed to be slipping in and out of consciousness.
just a little further and we can stop
Tiri wasn't looking when Ace stood up, but she certainly was paying attention when he roared with all the strength he could muster, then leapt off Shu's back faster then either of them could react.
"Ace!! Wait!!"
Tiri followed Ace, her worry giving her a bit of speed. She left Shu to either catch up, or fall behind. DragonHome appeared beneath them. If Ace were still unconscious, they would have stopped by now, but it did not look to Tiri as if Ace had any intention of stopping.

Anton saw two dragons flying ahead of him. One was definitely an imperial. The Dryad began to quiver a bit.
That's them. If she's not in perfect health by the time I get there......
Anton focused himself, preparing for the worst, his blood began to boil at the mere thought of Tiri getting hurt.

Garnet heard the crackling mere moments before he felt it. The electricity coursed through him, burning and popping as it went. He writhed in pain on the ground. He felt himself falling. He thought for a moment that the fae had managed to pick him up, but he could not see it. All at once, the electricity stopped, and everything was dark. The sounds of water dripping made its way to Garnet. He sat up weakly, there was a light above his head, and darkness stretched in every other direction.
I'll take my chances in the darkness
Garnet could not move quickly, but one does not need to be quick when one is surrounded by darkness. He slithered his way into the shadows. The light above him flickered. Something was blocking out the light from the hole.
(In case it wasn't clear. Garnet's writhing and Melrose's electricity collapsed a hole into a set of tunnels beneath the Starfall Isles. )
sZsrs4b.jpg
@DarkDragonfly
@KCSquib
@Solztize
@Cyva
@astralTempo
@atreyu1110

Shu almost growled in anger when Ace leapt of his back, but he held it back and feigned worry instead. This dragon was extremely irritating him now. You won't get away from me, little buddy. Rearing back, he sketched his wings wider and soared forward strongly beating his wings. "Tiri," he called out,"We must go after him. His body is too weak for flight." With that, he passed by her trying to catch up to Ace. Even if you do run away...you can't run away from your fate forever, buddy.
@DarkDragonfly
@KCSquib
@Solztize
@Cyva
@astralTempo
@atreyu1110

Shu almost growled in anger when Ace leapt of his back, but he held it back and feigned worry instead. This dragon was extremely irritating him now. You won't get away from me, little buddy. Rearing back, he sketched his wings wider and soared forward strongly beating his wings. "Tiri," he called out,"We must go after him. His body is too weak for flight." With that, he passed by her trying to catch up to Ace. Even if you do run away...you can't run away from your fate forever, buddy.
flightrising_forum_mephistopheles_by_sunfaun-dbffmeb.png
((Woops well I put myself in a state of helplessness fast. I can think of literally nothing to do so have some intermission chatter))

Unfortunately Vulcan had the mispleasure of being greeted by Colette rather than Nishant. Colette was cold, curt, aggressive, and self oriented. It wasn't very easy to convince her to watch out for a young pearlcatcher. The only reason she even seemed to agree was upon the promise that the next time she visited their clan Amriel wouldn't be put in charge of decor. Understandable- even Vulcan felt creeped out by the imperial's sense of decor.
Mizu had been relatively inviting and immediately offered to keep look out, which was much easier on Vulcan who was in a hurry to return to Kazfiel. The travelling troupe had been slightly more difficult to pinpoint but Ankaa calmly agreed to keep lookout.
His own clan was....the most difficult. AS soon as he mentioned their journey Hecate jumped in full of concern for his best friend (Kazfiel) and INSISTED he come along when Vulcan leave. In all honesty Vulcan prefer the young dragon stay here within the clan- and Onix and Silna gladly backed him- but Hecate wouldn't take no for an answer. Why wouldn't he take no for an answer?

He saw them- and it looked like ace was in pretty bad shape. The rain continued to wipe away any chance of scenting- it was too thick now. Luck had surely guided him here- or the gods themself led him by divine will.
"Thank the gods I found you!" there was slight exasperation in his voice as he approached th eothers- unaware of a cursing Sumiko within the branches above.

Sumiko hated getting her scales wet, she hated getting cold, but it was better than the sun light reflecting her silvery sheen. ***, Kazfiel came. That made things more difficult than they already were. Now she couldn't show her face at all or she'd be questioned for sure.

@DarkDragonfly
@KCSquib
@Solztize
@ Cyva
@astralTempo
@atreyu1110

((Woops well I put myself in a state of helplessness fast. I can think of literally nothing to do so have some intermission chatter))

Unfortunately Vulcan had the mispleasure of being greeted by Colette rather than Nishant. Colette was cold, curt, aggressive, and self oriented. It wasn't very easy to convince her to watch out for a young pearlcatcher. The only reason she even seemed to agree was upon the promise that the next time she visited their clan Amriel wouldn't be put in charge of decor. Understandable- even Vulcan felt creeped out by the imperial's sense of decor.
Mizu had been relatively inviting and immediately offered to keep look out, which was much easier on Vulcan who was in a hurry to return to Kazfiel. The travelling troupe had been slightly more difficult to pinpoint but Ankaa calmly agreed to keep lookout.
His own clan was....the most difficult. AS soon as he mentioned their journey Hecate jumped in full of concern for his best friend (Kazfiel) and INSISTED he come along when Vulcan leave. In all honesty Vulcan prefer the young dragon stay here within the clan- and Onix and Silna gladly backed him- but Hecate wouldn't take no for an answer. Why wouldn't he take no for an answer?

He saw them- and it looked like ace was in pretty bad shape. The rain continued to wipe away any chance of scenting- it was too thick now. Luck had surely guided him here- or the gods themself led him by divine will.
"Thank the gods I found you!" there was slight exasperation in his voice as he approached th eothers- unaware of a cursing Sumiko within the branches above.

Sumiko hated getting her scales wet, she hated getting cold, but it was better than the sun light reflecting her silvery sheen. ***, Kazfiel came. That made things more difficult than they already were. Now she couldn't show her face at all or she'd be questioned for sure.

@DarkDragonfly
@KCSquib
@Solztize
@ Cyva
@astralTempo
@atreyu1110

OKxuOgN.png
@DarkDragonfly
@KCSquib
@Solztize
@Cyva
@ astralTempo
@atreyu1110

Well.

That was... unexpected.

Melrose shook a bit of water from his crests before taking a quick look about.

The shaft of light simmering above was no doubt the entry point he had created, but no other exit was obvious.

Knowing his disadvantage, Melrose had to think fast.

He had wounded the plague dragon (well, two, actually), but...

But there was a third- another loyal to the plagues of the land that was unaccounted for.

Without a second thought, Melrose shot up through the hole and into the stormy air.

Once again becoming a pink blur, Melrose channeled the rolling thunderstrom for extra energy in his flight after the little pearlcatcher.

All he had to do was follow the dwindling scent trail of hope in the air.

It was easy to catch in such a desolate, festering landscape.

As for that plague spiral, well...

The electrical burns should remind him of this even for some time to come.

If he was smart, perhaps he may never come out of that hole again.
@DarkDragonfly
@KCSquib
@Solztize
@Cyva
@ astralTempo
@atreyu1110

Well.

That was... unexpected.

Melrose shook a bit of water from his crests before taking a quick look about.

The shaft of light simmering above was no doubt the entry point he had created, but no other exit was obvious.

Knowing his disadvantage, Melrose had to think fast.

He had wounded the plague dragon (well, two, actually), but...

But there was a third- another loyal to the plagues of the land that was unaccounted for.

Without a second thought, Melrose shot up through the hole and into the stormy air.

Once again becoming a pink blur, Melrose channeled the rolling thunderstrom for extra energy in his flight after the little pearlcatcher.

All he had to do was follow the dwindling scent trail of hope in the air.

It was easy to catch in such a desolate, festering landscape.

As for that plague spiral, well...

The electrical burns should remind him of this even for some time to come.

If he was smart, perhaps he may never come out of that hole again.
@ DarkDragonfly
@KCSquib
@Solztize
@Cyva
@astralTempo
@atreyu1110

Ace zipped across barrens of Dragonhome at breakneck speed. He wanted to put as much distance between him and Shu as possible. That dragon was bad, he could feel it, and he didn't like it. He frowned in dismay when he saw that Shu was actually catching up to him, but he noticed Tiri and Kazfiel were not far behind. In order to attempt to throw Shu off, Ace let loose a few bolts in his direction, then turned forward and scanned the earth for any sign of cover. His mind was running frantic and fragmented, probably due to the over-exertion he was putting on his plague-infested body.

Hide... hide... find somewhere to hide... got to get away... get away...

As soon as Greatwyrm's Breach came into view, he swooped down and dove into the great crevasse with only the thought that it was sheltered from both the rain and sight of others. He landed and skid across the damp earth, coming to a halt at the base of and overhang. Looking up, he stared into the grey storming sky. Thunder rolled, echoing off the walls of the crevasse. His heart rate finally started to settle down and he was able to start thinking clearer. As he listened to the rain washing the land above, he thought about all that had happened and assessed his situation.

My clan is in serious danger, I can't help them, and I have a huge Imperial Plague on my tail, but, there are dragons trying to help me, so it shouldn't be hard to find a dragon willing to train me in combat. I just need to get out of here first and lose that Plague. I'll have to regroup with the others later.

Ace then remembered his pearl. It had contained all of his happy memories of his childhood, and it had been taken from him before he was exalted as symbolism that his old life was over for him. It was true; there was no going back to those happy times now. Even if he one day made it home, he wouldn't be the same playful child he was when he left. Picking a shiny stone from the ground by his feet, he popped it into his mouth and began sprinting away through the many passageways of the Breach.

(( Yup, the plague messed with his mind. Also, I've recently moved to Focal Point, which means his clan was able to fight off the invading Plagues and escape. But he doesn't know that and won't for quite some time. ))
@ DarkDragonfly
@KCSquib
@Solztize
@Cyva
@astralTempo
@atreyu1110

Ace zipped across barrens of Dragonhome at breakneck speed. He wanted to put as much distance between him and Shu as possible. That dragon was bad, he could feel it, and he didn't like it. He frowned in dismay when he saw that Shu was actually catching up to him, but he noticed Tiri and Kazfiel were not far behind. In order to attempt to throw Shu off, Ace let loose a few bolts in his direction, then turned forward and scanned the earth for any sign of cover. His mind was running frantic and fragmented, probably due to the over-exertion he was putting on his plague-infested body.

Hide... hide... find somewhere to hide... got to get away... get away...

As soon as Greatwyrm's Breach came into view, he swooped down and dove into the great crevasse with only the thought that it was sheltered from both the rain and sight of others. He landed and skid across the damp earth, coming to a halt at the base of and overhang. Looking up, he stared into the grey storming sky. Thunder rolled, echoing off the walls of the crevasse. His heart rate finally started to settle down and he was able to start thinking clearer. As he listened to the rain washing the land above, he thought about all that had happened and assessed his situation.

My clan is in serious danger, I can't help them, and I have a huge Imperial Plague on my tail, but, there are dragons trying to help me, so it shouldn't be hard to find a dragon willing to train me in combat. I just need to get out of here first and lose that Plague. I'll have to regroup with the others later.

Ace then remembered his pearl. It had contained all of his happy memories of his childhood, and it had been taken from him before he was exalted as symbolism that his old life was over for him. It was true; there was no going back to those happy times now. Even if he one day made it home, he wouldn't be the same playful child he was when he left. Picking a shiny stone from the ground by his feet, he popped it into his mouth and began sprinting away through the many passageways of the Breach.

(( Yup, the plague messed with his mind. Also, I've recently moved to Focal Point, which means his clan was able to fight off the invading Plagues and escape. But he doesn't know that and won't for quite some time. ))
aaaaaaaaa
RdVh6mS.png
aa
Naomi ~ she/they ~ FR +3
Music Share | Wishlist
Art Shop | Hatchery

~ Writing noughts till the end of time...
Meet me where the cliffs greet the sea. ~
aa GdA4c8j.png
@DarkDragonfly
@ KCSquib
@Solztize
@Cyva
@astralTempo
@atreyu1110

Tiri couldn't keep up for much longer. Ace was getting further and further from her. Her mood was worsening, and Shu shooting past her wasn't helping, her mood really worsened when Kazfiel also flew past her. Her breath became ragged. She was slowing. GreatWyrm's breach stretched below her. She had to land, or else she would fall out of the sky. She picked a small ledge, and landed lightly on it. Turning her gaze to the sky, a bright bolt of blue and pink shot above her. Ace was on the move again.

I can't keep up, but I can't let Shu alone with him.
"Where is Anton when I need him?"

A large shadow covered the ledge where Tiri sat. It got closer and closer, until Anton landed next to her.
"You called M'lady?"
"How do you always do that," Tiri inspected Anton for injuries, and found Melrose's handywork, "Anton! You're hurt!."

"I've had worse, I'm fine. Where's Ace?"
"He woke up, and flew off. I tried to catch him, but I couldn't keep pace."
"We need to find him. I don't trust Shu."
"I can't fly any further, and you shouldn't either."
"But we have to. I'll carry you."
Anton took off, he circled around and dove back down to pick up Tiri.
"Anton! You really shouldn't be flying wi-"
He picked her up in his claws, and started flying in the direction Ace had gone.

Garnet sensed the electricity leave the air. It seemed that the Fae had gone. He climbed out of the hole, and started on his way back to the Wyrmround. Surely some healer would help him.

----

(I didn't want to exclude Kazfiel I put him in the best way I could, I hope that wasn't GodModding, I can change it if it was.)
@DarkDragonfly
@ KCSquib
@Solztize
@Cyva
@astralTempo
@atreyu1110

Tiri couldn't keep up for much longer. Ace was getting further and further from her. Her mood was worsening, and Shu shooting past her wasn't helping, her mood really worsened when Kazfiel also flew past her. Her breath became ragged. She was slowing. GreatWyrm's breach stretched below her. She had to land, or else she would fall out of the sky. She picked a small ledge, and landed lightly on it. Turning her gaze to the sky, a bright bolt of blue and pink shot above her. Ace was on the move again.

I can't keep up, but I can't let Shu alone with him.
"Where is Anton when I need him?"

A large shadow covered the ledge where Tiri sat. It got closer and closer, until Anton landed next to her.
"You called M'lady?"
"How do you always do that," Tiri inspected Anton for injuries, and found Melrose's handywork, "Anton! You're hurt!."

"I've had worse, I'm fine. Where's Ace?"
"He woke up, and flew off. I tried to catch him, but I couldn't keep pace."
"We need to find him. I don't trust Shu."
"I can't fly any further, and you shouldn't either."
"But we have to. I'll carry you."
Anton took off, he circled around and dove back down to pick up Tiri.
"Anton! You really shouldn't be flying wi-"
He picked her up in his claws, and started flying in the direction Ace had gone.

Garnet sensed the electricity leave the air. It seemed that the Fae had gone. He climbed out of the hole, and started on his way back to the Wyrmround. Surely some healer would help him.

----

(I didn't want to exclude Kazfiel I put him in the best way I could, I hope that wasn't GodModding, I can change it if it was.)
sZsrs4b.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9