Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Wandering Princess (FR RP OPEN)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/115268/11526717_350.png[/img] It was the dead of night, and Laurelin hadn't slept a wink. She was too angry to sleep. "I just can't take it anymore!" She muttered hatefully. Earlier today, there was a big fight. Laurelin's mother, a very sickly Wildclaw, had gotten on her case for "inappropriate behavior for a princess" All she had done was lick her chops after a particularly tasty crayfish! This was a constant thing anymore. "A clan's princess doesn't do this, or that." "And a clan's princess certainly doesn't wear such an ugly thing like this." Her mother had said throwing the pink cabbie hat away. That was the last straw, that hat was given to Laurelin by her dearest friend before he left to serve the Goddess. "I just can't live like this! I never get to be me! Always second in line for Matriarch! Always the princess!" The young Coatl huffed, shaking with the rage that had built up in her. In a sudden burst of motivation, she packed a bag of food, swiped her hat back from the trash heap, and took off in the night. It didn't take long for little Laurelin to become lost. "What is this place?" She wondered allowed. Having never been allowed to come on gathering trips (not a job for a clan's princess) She had never seen the Wispwillow Grove of the Shadow domain, nor did she know of the wild tricksters that lurked there. [b]((Alright! There's my starter for A Wandering Princess! Just a few basic rules for everyone: No godmodding, this should be simple, just don't controll other's character and we'll get along great! No Mary Sues/Gary Stus, again very simple Open for anyone! I'd prefer a shadow dragon to find her first, though not required. Eventually she may leave the Tangled Wood, maybe with some new friends, who knows? Multiple dragons for one person are allowed, just make sure you can keep up with them all. Also, make sure to reply with @QueenOfEmbers so I know you're there![/b]
11526717_350.png

It was the dead of night, and Laurelin hadn't slept a wink. She was too angry to sleep. "I just can't take it anymore!" She muttered hatefully.

Earlier today, there was a big fight. Laurelin's mother, a very sickly Wildclaw, had gotten on her case for "inappropriate behavior for a princess" All she had done was lick her chops after a particularly tasty crayfish!
This was a constant thing anymore. "A clan's princess doesn't do this, or that."

"And a clan's princess certainly doesn't wear such an ugly thing like this." Her mother had said throwing the pink cabbie hat away.
That was the last straw, that hat was given to Laurelin by her dearest friend before he left to serve the Goddess.

"I just can't live like this! I never get to be me! Always second in line for Matriarch! Always the princess!" The young Coatl huffed, shaking with the rage that had built up in her. In a sudden burst of motivation, she packed a bag of food, swiped her hat back from the trash heap, and took off in the night.

It didn't take long for little Laurelin to become lost. "What is this place?" She wondered allowed. Having never been allowed to come on gathering trips (not a job for a clan's princess) She had never seen the Wispwillow Grove of the Shadow domain, nor did she know of the wild tricksters that lurked there.

((Alright! There's my starter for A Wandering Princess!

Just a few basic rules for everyone:

No godmodding, this should be simple, just don't controll other's character and we'll get along great!
No Mary Sues/Gary Stus, again very simple
Open for anyone! I'd prefer a shadow dragon to find her first, though not required. Eventually she may leave the Tangled Wood, maybe with some new friends, who knows?
Multiple dragons for one person are allowed, just make sure you can keep up with them all.
Also, make sure to reply with @QueenOfEmbers so I know you're there!
xfilesthemesongsock.png
((Bump!))
((Bump!))
xfilesthemesongsock.png
@queenofembers ((Hi!)) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10535078] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/105351/10535078_350.png[/img] [/url] A lone female Nocturne flew easily through the branches and the clinging vines of the Wispwillow Grove, her small stature aiding her nicely, even if she carried some of the thorny brambles around her body by choice. The female had no destination in mind, she simply flew for her enjoyment and also to get out of her Clan's camp for a while. She hadn't been put on a patrol and herb gathering for the healers weren't her idea of fun. The Nocturne came to the ground when she heard footsteps and scuttled towards the sound, using the training her master taught her to remain unseen. It was a female Coatl and she looked a little distressed, she seemed to be lost. The Nocturne tipped her head to the side and true to her nature mimicked the words back at the Coatl, her voice almost sounding exactly the same. "What is this place?"
@queenofembers ((Hi!))

10535078_350.png

A lone female Nocturne flew easily through the branches and the clinging vines of the Wispwillow Grove, her small stature aiding her nicely, even if she carried some of the thorny brambles around her body by choice.

The female had no destination in mind, she simply flew for her enjoyment and also to get out of her Clan's camp for a while. She hadn't been put on a patrol and herb gathering for the healers weren't her idea of fun.

The Nocturne came to the ground when she heard footsteps and scuttled towards the sound, using the training her master taught her to remain unseen. It was a female Coatl and she looked a little distressed, she seemed to be lost. The Nocturne tipped her head to the side and true to her nature mimicked the words back at the Coatl, her voice almost sounding exactly the same.

"What is this place?"

@Faterunner (Hello!)

Laurelin's eyes widened upon hearing her own voice repeated back at her.
What in the world? Ghosts? Faeries? She wondered. Testing out this mysterious other Laurelin voice, the Coatl hummed a few sentences in the native language of her kind. Who's there? Do you speak Coatl?
Despite her seemingly brave attempts to speak to the strange thing, she was shaking like a leaf, terrified of these dark woods and the ghost mimicking her.
@Faterunner (Hello!)

Laurelin's eyes widened upon hearing her own voice repeated back at her.
What in the world? Ghosts? Faeries? She wondered. Testing out this mysterious other Laurelin voice, the Coatl hummed a few sentences in the native language of her kind. Who's there? Do you speak Coatl?
Despite her seemingly brave attempts to speak to the strange thing, she was shaking like a leaf, terrified of these dark woods and the ghost mimicking her.
xfilesthemesongsock.png
@queenofembers

The Nocturne, Badgerfang, just smiled and mimicked the questions back at the Coatl. It was fun, this mimicry. She didn't get to do it often because she wanted to use it for play while her master was more serious minded.

She could see the the other female was shaking, and Badgerfang smiled at this too. She had to resist shaking too, unless she wanted to give herself away, then the game would be ended. The little Nocturne didn't want that.

She called out the phrase "Who's there, who's there?" over and over before switching gears and mimicking old Shoku's voice. It only made her shiver when he spoke, his voice while kind was deep and gruff.

"Who are you? Why are you here?"
@queenofembers

The Nocturne, Badgerfang, just smiled and mimicked the questions back at the Coatl. It was fun, this mimicry. She didn't get to do it often because she wanted to use it for play while her master was more serious minded.

She could see the the other female was shaking, and Badgerfang smiled at this too. She had to resist shaking too, unless she wanted to give herself away, then the game would be ended. The little Nocturne didn't want that.

She called out the phrase "Who's there, who's there?" over and over before switching gears and mimicking old Shoku's voice. It only made her shiver when he spoke, his voice while kind was deep and gruff.

"Who are you? Why are you here?"
@Faterunner

Laurelin squeaked when the old gruff voice spoke. "Ah! I-I-I'm Laurelin! C-Clan princess in the W-Wandering Con-Contagion! Please don't eat me!" Of course, she had forgotten to bring any precious metal or gemstones to offer someone in case of a fight... "Wh-Who are you?" she called out to the dark, fanning her feathers out to seem big and bulky.
@Faterunner

Laurelin squeaked when the old gruff voice spoke. "Ah! I-I-I'm Laurelin! C-Clan princess in the W-Wandering Con-Contagion! Please don't eat me!" Of course, she had forgotten to bring any precious metal or gemstones to offer someone in case of a fight... "Wh-Who are you?" she called out to the dark, fanning her feathers out to seem big and bulky.
xfilesthemesongsock.png
(@Faterunner @QueenofEmbers
Is it alright if I join?)
(@Faterunner @QueenofEmbers
Is it alright if I join?)
globules.png
@thebestiary (( I don't mind if you join in))
@queenofembers

Badgerfang snickered a bit before finally deciding to reveal herself, she stepped out of the darkness and in front of the Coatl, her smile only getting wider. "That was fine, you were so scared! My name is Badgerfang, assassin in training and member of Clan Angelwing. Nice to meet you, Laurelin."

The Nocturne looked the Coatl up and down and nodded to herself before extending a paw to her.

"You seem to be lost, tell me where you're headed and I'll guide you there."
@thebestiary (( I don't mind if you join in))
@queenofembers

Badgerfang snickered a bit before finally deciding to reveal herself, she stepped out of the darkness and in front of the Coatl, her smile only getting wider. "That was fine, you were so scared! My name is Badgerfang, assassin in training and member of Clan Angelwing. Nice to meet you, Laurelin."

The Nocturne looked the Coatl up and down and nodded to herself before extending a paw to her.

"You seem to be lost, tell me where you're headed and I'll guide you there."
@Faterunner @QueenofEmbers [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5674455] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/56745/5674455_350.png[/img] [/url] "Stupid inaccurate rip-off map," Tropic growled, piercing his claws through the thin parchment of the map he was carrying. It was dark and he could barely see four feet in front of his snout, even though the lanterns hanging from his wings and tail were turned onto their brightest setting. "Never trust shady Faes," he muttered to himself, "even if other dragons talk pleasantly with them while passing by." He squinted at the title of the map, which clearly read 'ROUTE BACK TO WIND TERRITORY', and growled with frustration again. Crumpling up the map and thrusting it into a nook in his vest, he continued walking through the forest, not caring that his wing stabilizers/enhancers were squeaking with every step. They always did that when he didn't walk a certain way. (Poor directionally challenged Tropic)
@Faterunner
@QueenofEmbers

5674455_350.png

"Stupid inaccurate rip-off map," Tropic growled, piercing his claws through the thin parchment of the map he was carrying. It was dark and he could barely see four feet in front of his snout, even though the lanterns hanging from his wings and tail were turned onto their brightest setting.
"Never trust shady Faes," he muttered to himself, "even if other dragons talk pleasantly with them while passing by."
He squinted at the title of the map, which clearly read 'ROUTE BACK TO WIND TERRITORY', and growled with frustration again. Crumpling up the map and thrusting it into a nook in his vest, he continued walking through the forest, not caring that his wing stabilizers/enhancers were squeaking with every step. They always did that when he didn't walk a certain way.

(Poor directionally challenged Tropic)
globules.png
(@QueenOfEmbers @Faterunner @TheBestiary May I please join?)
(@QueenOfEmbers @Faterunner @TheBestiary May I please join?)
I am 2 hours ahead of FR time.
QiZFijL.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11