Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Come find your future! (open)
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
@Ikilou

Mondo stared as the other rambled, words coming faster than he could catch them. When the Spiral paused he took his chance to interject. "Right, well, you'll find all you seek, just down this hall." He nods towards the hall lined with green torches. "Just go in the tent at the end and the great Hyena will help you."

The hall is long and at the end sits a magenta tent, with a bright green eye above the opening. Cackling pours from inside, and a smokey odor clings to the walls.

The Hyena lies in wait, the stand set up for the coming spiral, nice for draping on. He could hardly contain the excitement of another visitor, giggles bursting from between clenched teeth. His smile was wide, his paws folded together on the table.
@Ikilou

Mondo stared as the other rambled, words coming faster than he could catch them. When the Spiral paused he took his chance to interject. "Right, well, you'll find all you seek, just down this hall." He nods towards the hall lined with green torches. "Just go in the tent at the end and the great Hyena will help you."

The hall is long and at the end sits a magenta tent, with a bright green eye above the opening. Cackling pours from inside, and a smokey odor clings to the walls.

The Hyena lies in wait, the stand set up for the coming spiral, nice for draping on. He could hardly contain the excitement of another visitor, giggles bursting from between clenched teeth. His smile was wide, his paws folded together on the table.
@NormandyBeaches

Despite his rambling, Jester could listen, when he needed to and listened as the Snapper told him where to go. As he was being told, though, he took the opportunity to slip the pouch back under his sweater. Then, when he glanced up to listen a bit more intently, each nod of his head was accompanied by the bobbing of his bulb until he turned his head to glance in the direction of the tent at the end of the hallway. But he was more distracted by the green torches.

"How did you make the torches to that?" He asked, approaching the nearest one. He just wanted to know so he could use it later to make some multi-coloured torches of his own. Oh, everyone would be so confused! The thought made him snicker, but after a moment he turned to the Snapper again. His nerves were urging him forward, towards the tent, and he just couldn't fight it for much longer.

"Tell me when I get back! I mean, I understand if you can't tell me but they're still really cool." Chirped the Spiral and he was off again, darting down the hallway and poking his head through the opening. And when his dark eyes caught sight of everything inside, he couldn't help but grin.

"Oh man, oh man, this is so cool! Look at all this stuff!" Jester cooed, stepping inside before his gaze landed on the Tundra, "You're this 'Hyena' right? The teller? You seem pretty cool, too. I mean, I probably don't need to tell you this but I'm Jester. I love your decorations! Is this perch for me? You knew I was coming, didn't you? Or did Hel say that he'd tell me about you? Either way," He paused for just a moment to take a lungful of air, calming himself down a bit in the process, "It's nice to meet you, finally."
@NormandyBeaches

Despite his rambling, Jester could listen, when he needed to and listened as the Snapper told him where to go. As he was being told, though, he took the opportunity to slip the pouch back under his sweater. Then, when he glanced up to listen a bit more intently, each nod of his head was accompanied by the bobbing of his bulb until he turned his head to glance in the direction of the tent at the end of the hallway. But he was more distracted by the green torches.

"How did you make the torches to that?" He asked, approaching the nearest one. He just wanted to know so he could use it later to make some multi-coloured torches of his own. Oh, everyone would be so confused! The thought made him snicker, but after a moment he turned to the Snapper again. His nerves were urging him forward, towards the tent, and he just couldn't fight it for much longer.

"Tell me when I get back! I mean, I understand if you can't tell me but they're still really cool." Chirped the Spiral and he was off again, darting down the hallway and poking his head through the opening. And when his dark eyes caught sight of everything inside, he couldn't help but grin.

"Oh man, oh man, this is so cool! Look at all this stuff!" Jester cooed, stepping inside before his gaze landed on the Tundra, "You're this 'Hyena' right? The teller? You seem pretty cool, too. I mean, I probably don't need to tell you this but I'm Jester. I love your decorations! Is this perch for me? You knew I was coming, didn't you? Or did Hel say that he'd tell me about you? Either way," He paused for just a moment to take a lungful of air, calming himself down a bit in the process, "It's nice to meet you, finally."
sVXeqGm.png
@Ikilou

Mondo watched the spiral dart away dizzily, he never would get used to their fast pace. He grumbled quietly to himself, and made himself busy with counting out the money.

The Hyena grinned widely at the approach of the other, giggling as the other gushed. "The fire is a a science trick, I don't know much, You'd have to ask our scientist." He reclined a little where he sat, rustling around for a bowl of sweets. He placed it on the table and inclined his head to the other. "For you, if you would." He waited for the others response, it was rude to interrupt.
@Ikilou

Mondo watched the spiral dart away dizzily, he never would get used to their fast pace. He grumbled quietly to himself, and made himself busy with counting out the money.

The Hyena grinned widely at the approach of the other, giggling as the other gushed. "The fire is a a science trick, I don't know much, You'd have to ask our scientist." He reclined a little where he sat, rustling around for a bowl of sweets. He placed it on the table and inclined his head to the other. "For you, if you would." He waited for the others response, it was rude to interrupt.
@NormandyBeaches

"I figured as much. I wonder if my dad knows how to do that, he's all for science and stuff. he probably does, he's so smart." The Spiral seemed as though he was going to go off on another tangent for just a moment but he seemed to stop himself short as he caught sight of the sweets. Well, it'd stop him from rambling, he guessed.

Carefully, he took one between his claws and smiled in thanks, knowing that if he opened his mouth he wouldn't be able to shut up until he ran out of air and he really wanted to hear what the Tundra had to say. So, Jester just popped the sweet into his mouth, adjusted his glasses on his nose and nodded at the Hyena as his way of saying that he'd be quiet enough for him to talk now.

But he couldn't help but grin, remembering the last time he'd had sweets. It was after he'd hatched from an orphaned Shadow egg, and the Spiral known as Nasus had adopted him and taken him under his wing and, to help settle him, he'd given him some sweets of his own creation. Of course, Jester was only a plain little Tundra back then, but the memory was one that was special to him. It marked the start of his new life. Well, in his opinion, anyway.
@NormandyBeaches

"I figured as much. I wonder if my dad knows how to do that, he's all for science and stuff. he probably does, he's so smart." The Spiral seemed as though he was going to go off on another tangent for just a moment but he seemed to stop himself short as he caught sight of the sweets. Well, it'd stop him from rambling, he guessed.

Carefully, he took one between his claws and smiled in thanks, knowing that if he opened his mouth he wouldn't be able to shut up until he ran out of air and he really wanted to hear what the Tundra had to say. So, Jester just popped the sweet into his mouth, adjusted his glasses on his nose and nodded at the Hyena as his way of saying that he'd be quiet enough for him to talk now.

But he couldn't help but grin, remembering the last time he'd had sweets. It was after he'd hatched from an orphaned Shadow egg, and the Spiral known as Nasus had adopted him and taken him under his wing and, to help settle him, he'd given him some sweets of his own creation. Of course, Jester was only a plain little Tundra back then, but the memory was one that was special to him. It marked the start of his new life. Well, in his opinion, anyway.
sVXeqGm.png
@Ikilou

The Hyena smiles widely at the Spiral. "Where you come from is important, it shapes us, an the mystery of our birth is a mystery that should be solved, don't you think?" He had his own mysteries, he shifted in his chair, snickering, Birth to this, it has long been his question, hopefully he could at least answer this one's questions."You have a home now, but you want to know how it came? The events that lead to your home?"
@Ikilou

The Hyena smiles widely at the Spiral. "Where you come from is important, it shapes us, an the mystery of our birth is a mystery that should be solved, don't you think?" He had his own mysteries, he shifted in his chair, snickering, Birth to this, it has long been his question, hopefully he could at least answer this one's questions."You have a home now, but you want to know how it came? The events that lead to your home?"
@NormandyBeaches

Finally! No wonder Hel had told him to come here - this guy knew what he was talking about. Jester nodded, obviously excited that the Hyena knew what he was there for, enough for his bulb to accidentally knock the glasses from his nose. With an over-exaggerated roll of his eyes, the Spiral scooped up his glasses once more and slipped them onto his nose. The glasses were mainly there to help him see a bit clearer after a bit of an accident he'd had when he was younger. All he remembers of the event was a big flash of light then not being able to see clearly unless he had glasses on.

"It's been on my mind for a while." He confirmed, pushing the sweet to the side of his mouth with his tongue to speak, then immediately went back to holding it in his mouth so that he didn't keep talking. Maybe he'd get Nasus to teach him how to make his own sweets, when he got back, so that he didn't get on everyone's nerves with his constant chatter.
@NormandyBeaches

Finally! No wonder Hel had told him to come here - this guy knew what he was talking about. Jester nodded, obviously excited that the Hyena knew what he was there for, enough for his bulb to accidentally knock the glasses from his nose. With an over-exaggerated roll of his eyes, the Spiral scooped up his glasses once more and slipped them onto his nose. The glasses were mainly there to help him see a bit clearer after a bit of an accident he'd had when he was younger. All he remembers of the event was a big flash of light then not being able to see clearly unless he had glasses on.

"It's been on my mind for a while." He confirmed, pushing the sweet to the side of his mouth with his tongue to speak, then immediately went back to holding it in his mouth so that he didn't keep talking. Maybe he'd get Nasus to teach him how to make his own sweets, when he got back, so that he didn't get on everyone's nerves with his constant chatter.
sVXeqGm.png
@Ikilou (hey, been awhile. Very sorry, if you want to keep going I'm all for it, I understand if you're no longer interested. C:))

Scenekid giggles, the glasses off the other glinting as they were scooped up, he saw reflections in the light. "Born of the darkness and yet, you met the light." He buffs his claws on his fur, watching the dull shine of his laws. " What were you doing in that light little one? But, of course."

He stares at Jester, watching scenes dance behind the others glassy orbs. "A feud fought between light and dark? Would not be first, would not be last. A casualty? Curious youth meets with battle unknown? And an unkown soldier would leave wounded on the battlefield, yes?"

The other bares scars, ones creeping below the surface. Things locked away, to youth best forgotten, for the ill prepared. "Forgetting, hurt is often erased by those wounded too deeply. Are you ready to unearth those deep infections?" Eyes steadily locked on the other. Not looking through them, at them. He is ready for the words of the other.
@Ikilou (hey, been awhile. Very sorry, if you want to keep going I'm all for it, I understand if you're no longer interested. C:))

Scenekid giggles, the glasses off the other glinting as they were scooped up, he saw reflections in the light. "Born of the darkness and yet, you met the light." He buffs his claws on his fur, watching the dull shine of his laws. " What were you doing in that light little one? But, of course."

He stares at Jester, watching scenes dance behind the others glassy orbs. "A feud fought between light and dark? Would not be first, would not be last. A casualty? Curious youth meets with battle unknown? And an unkown soldier would leave wounded on the battlefield, yes?"

The other bares scars, ones creeping below the surface. Things locked away, to youth best forgotten, for the ill prepared. "Forgetting, hurt is often erased by those wounded too deeply. Are you ready to unearth those deep infections?" Eyes steadily locked on the other. Not looking through them, at them. He is ready for the words of the other.
@NormandyBeaches ((No worries ^^ I'd be more than willing to keep going if you are~))

The Spiral hummed, listening and trying to make sense of what the Tundra had said. He couldn't bring himself to talk, for once, and just rolled the sweet around his mouth absent-mindedly. Because he had no idea what his past was, who his parents were, or anything of the sort. All he remembers of his childhood is hatching in the cold - which he later learned was a clan that lived in the Snowsquall Tundra or, rather, under it in a large burrow - and being taken under the wing of a Spiral that wore a birdskull mask who called himself Nasus.

Jester had been a basic-gene'd Tundra when he'd first hatched, and became what he was through use of scrolls (he'd actually decided to become a Spiral, to be more like his adoptive parents, considering he had Spiral-like qualities even as a Tundra). But he still had no idea who his parents were. The dragon who'd found his egg had told him that they just found it whilst out scavenging and brought it back when they were sure that there were no parents around, but Jester wanted to know who his real parents were, or if they were even still alive.

As for his sight, the memory is blurred. He'd been told it was an accident involving one of Nasus' experiments, but he could never be too sure, and no other dragons in the clan would dare to tell him. Still, he shook the memories from his head and his breath caught in his throat when the Tundra caught his gaze. A shudder ran all the way down his spine. Mutely, he nodded, then cleared his throat and moved the sweet to croak out a single word, "Yes."

The dragons back home would not believe him if he told them that, for once, he'd found himself speechless.
@NormandyBeaches ((No worries ^^ I'd be more than willing to keep going if you are~))

The Spiral hummed, listening and trying to make sense of what the Tundra had said. He couldn't bring himself to talk, for once, and just rolled the sweet around his mouth absent-mindedly. Because he had no idea what his past was, who his parents were, or anything of the sort. All he remembers of his childhood is hatching in the cold - which he later learned was a clan that lived in the Snowsquall Tundra or, rather, under it in a large burrow - and being taken under the wing of a Spiral that wore a birdskull mask who called himself Nasus.

Jester had been a basic-gene'd Tundra when he'd first hatched, and became what he was through use of scrolls (he'd actually decided to become a Spiral, to be more like his adoptive parents, considering he had Spiral-like qualities even as a Tundra). But he still had no idea who his parents were. The dragon who'd found his egg had told him that they just found it whilst out scavenging and brought it back when they were sure that there were no parents around, but Jester wanted to know who his real parents were, or if they were even still alive.

As for his sight, the memory is blurred. He'd been told it was an accident involving one of Nasus' experiments, but he could never be too sure, and no other dragons in the clan would dare to tell him. Still, he shook the memories from his head and his breath caught in his throat when the Tundra caught his gaze. A shudder ran all the way down his spine. Mutely, he nodded, then cleared his throat and moved the sweet to croak out a single word, "Yes."

The dragons back home would not believe him if he told them that, for once, he'd found himself speechless.
sVXeqGm.png
@Ikilou ((Yeah some stuff has been happening on my end and I keep getting pulled away but I am definitely willing to see this all the way through))

The Hyena cackles, clutching at his fur as he stares into the other. "A hundred paths I've seen, a hundred you have traveled. Now we must find the one you travel now hmm?" He closes his eyes in an attempt to find the past of the other, the proper direction they took, the one that ends with them here.

He opens his eyes and sees an egg abandoned in the icy snow, this is surely it, still a battle of light and dark. Though not the one expected. "Lost mother, lost egg. One chased from home only to fall into a worse fate."

He sees a dragon wandering the ice, looking for shelter from a storm, an egg drops bundled from their back, only noticed too late. "A story not unlike Romeo and Juliet, just as tragic, this one ends in their deaths as well. Part of being important is, that your misdeeds become all the greater. They were hunted, and one caught, the other would follow. Not before a small egg would be lost in a cold place."
@Ikilou ((Yeah some stuff has been happening on my end and I keep getting pulled away but I am definitely willing to see this all the way through))

The Hyena cackles, clutching at his fur as he stares into the other. "A hundred paths I've seen, a hundred you have traveled. Now we must find the one you travel now hmm?" He closes his eyes in an attempt to find the past of the other, the proper direction they took, the one that ends with them here.

He opens his eyes and sees an egg abandoned in the icy snow, this is surely it, still a battle of light and dark. Though not the one expected. "Lost mother, lost egg. One chased from home only to fall into a worse fate."

He sees a dragon wandering the ice, looking for shelter from a storm, an egg drops bundled from their back, only noticed too late. "A story not unlike Romeo and Juliet, just as tragic, this one ends in their deaths as well. Part of being important is, that your misdeeds become all the greater. They were hunted, and one caught, the other would follow. Not before a small egg would be lost in a cold place."
@NormandyBeaches ((Honestly, same here ^^'))

Dead. His parents were dead, hm? There was so many things that could've gone differently, so many things that could've happened between then and now, so many things... Like, he could've died with his parents, before he even hatched, or his egg might not have been found in time. Was it luck, or fate that the dragon who found his egg did so and brought the egg back home?

Even though he never knew his parents, he couldn't help but feel a sense of loss, knowing that they were gone. But at least he had closure now, he knew that they weren't somewhere out there. But at least he still had his adoptive parents and, for that, he was grateful. Jester's eyes never left the Tundra as he spoke, trying to imagine what the Hyena was seeing.

The Spiral gulped, not caring if it was audible or not, and swallowed the sweet without seeming to realise he did so. Then cleared his throat.
"Thank you." Choked the Spiral, "I can only imagine what it'd be like to see such things..."
@NormandyBeaches ((Honestly, same here ^^'))

Dead. His parents were dead, hm? There was so many things that could've gone differently, so many things that could've happened between then and now, so many things... Like, he could've died with his parents, before he even hatched, or his egg might not have been found in time. Was it luck, or fate that the dragon who found his egg did so and brought the egg back home?

Even though he never knew his parents, he couldn't help but feel a sense of loss, knowing that they were gone. But at least he had closure now, he knew that they weren't somewhere out there. But at least he still had his adoptive parents and, for that, he was grateful. Jester's eyes never left the Tundra as he spoke, trying to imagine what the Hyena was seeing.

The Spiral gulped, not caring if it was audible or not, and swallowed the sweet without seeming to realise he did so. Then cleared his throat.
"Thank you." Choked the Spiral, "I can only imagine what it'd be like to see such things..."
sVXeqGm.png
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19