Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Millionaire Walk [Daily Free Treasure]
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 95 96
I'd like to enter please! <33333
I'd like to enter please! <33333
MreCscM.png
I’d like to enter please and thank you <3
I’d like to enter please and thank you <3
5p1NDy8.png
I'd like to enter please!
rgb4nc6.png2eb985811fbc41f83d5d0b913c765321995ab229.pngbicatcher.pngrgb4nc6.png
I'd love to enter!
I'd love to enter!
Lynx
They/Them
FR+3
Loreshop
WoF Adopt Shop
18558c2b88776e33525731a99c9a09ee34def3fe.png
I'd like to enter :]
Thanks for hosting this btw !
I'd like to enter :]
Thanks for hosting this btw !
TJdobYa.pngqBNWrht.pnglF3Hy2Z.pngPTVAf7u.pnglAR8cRt.pngQZ9hjwp.png5zPzNgV.pngGfZIqX9.pngygWzlbs.pngtp1eAiM.pngCTuU1r6.png
QNbfPfg.png
i3lkfSF.png
[center]@pinglist-17547 Sunday, 4th Feb. [b]One month of Millionaire Walk[/b][/center] So, it's been a month of Millionaire Walk. There's been some interesting challenges to overcome along the way, but I've gotten into a groove where administrating the giveaway has become a part of my daily activities on flight rising. Nonetheless, I will be closing signups during periods when I'm travelling or particularly busy (e.g. firedom pushes), as adding new entrants to the raffle can sometimes take as long, if not longer, than G&G itself. Drawing will continue every day, but I won't be adding new entrants to the pool during these periods. I'm sure I could find a way to automate signups using google forms, but it's not high on my priority list - people posting here bumps the thread and I do enjoy seeing everyone's messages, so for now I will continue to add new entrants manually :) [center][b]User ID distribution[/b][/center] As I've been going through and adding people to the spreadsheet, I thought I noticed a pattern - many people were joining whose user IDs were in the 600k's (aka relatively new users), but also many people were joining whose IDs were in the 100k's or lower. I thought, that makes sense, because there's probably a group of people who are still in the 'honeymoon phase' of the game who are quite active, and there'll be a group of loyal players who've been around since the beginning, who are also quite active. The numbers in the middle, however, might see a drop as people lose interest and drift away, leading to a U-shaped distribution. Turns out, that's not the case. What was probably happening was the numbers less than 100k stood out more in my mind due to being 5-digit, therefore my brain weighted them more heavily than all the other numbers. I graphed the distribution today and while there is a small spike in the 100ks, it's pretty much even across the board until we get to the 500ks. Yay for the fallibility of human perception! [center][img]https://pokefarm.com/upload/:nRh/chart.png[/img] [b]Crystalline Gala[/b][/center] This has been an interesting festival for me as I wasn't expecting my submission to win the skin contest! It's only my second time submitting a festival skin, the first being for Rockbreaker's in November; that entry was also a crystal-themed snapper accent, which Inner Turmoil started out as an ice-themed remake of. To go from what was quite frankly a terrible first skin to a win in the space of one festival (not counting NotN in the middle) was a huge surprise! I'm happy the staff liked my submission so much, though. :) A fun fact - if you zoom in closely on the skin, you will find a lost penguin wandering on a tail spike. Here's a blown-up version from pre-shrinking. This was a joke suggestion made to me in the fire flight discord, but it did end up in the final skin! [center][img]https://pokefarm.com/upload/:nRh/tail_penguin.png[/img] [b]A note on this format[/b][/center] I've been trying to find the right format (as well as the time lol) to make this journal post for a while, and I was finally inspired by Alex Lahey's newsletter, 'throwing up into the abyss', earlier in the week. AL is one of my favourite queer Australian artists and I [i]love[/i] her live shows - give her a listen if you're into indie music. Recommended songs: 'you don't think you like people like me', 'every day's the weekend', and 'don't be so hard on yourself'. Enjoy :)
@Millionaire Walk - Whimsy

Sunday, 4th Feb.

One month of Millionaire Walk
So, it's been a month of Millionaire Walk. There's been some interesting challenges to overcome along the way, but I've gotten into a groove where administrating the giveaway has become a part of my daily activities on flight rising.
Nonetheless, I will be closing signups during periods when I'm travelling or particularly busy (e.g. firedom pushes), as adding new entrants to the raffle can sometimes take as long, if not longer, than G&G itself. Drawing will continue every day, but I won't be adding new entrants to the pool during these periods.

I'm sure I could find a way to automate signups using google forms, but it's not high on my priority list - people posting here bumps the thread and I do enjoy seeing everyone's messages, so for now I will continue to add new entrants manually :)

User ID distribution
As I've been going through and adding people to the spreadsheet, I thought I noticed a pattern - many people were joining whose user IDs were in the 600k's (aka relatively new users), but also many people were joining whose IDs were in the 100k's or lower. I thought, that makes sense, because there's probably a group of people who are still in the 'honeymoon phase' of the game who are quite active, and there'll be a group of loyal players who've been around since the beginning, who are also quite active. The numbers in the middle, however, might see a drop as people lose interest and drift away, leading to a U-shaped distribution.

Turns out, that's not the case. What was probably happening was the numbers less than 100k stood out more in my mind due to being 5-digit, therefore my brain weighted them more heavily than all the other numbers. I graphed the distribution today and while there is a small spike in the 100ks, it's pretty much even across the board until we get to the 500ks. Yay for the fallibility of human perception!
chart.png

Crystalline Gala
This has been an interesting festival for me as I wasn't expecting my submission to win the skin contest! It's only my second time submitting a festival skin, the first being for Rockbreaker's in November; that entry was also a crystal-themed snapper accent, which Inner Turmoil started out as an ice-themed remake of. To go from what was quite frankly a terrible first skin to a win in the space of one festival (not counting NotN in the middle) was a huge surprise! I'm happy the staff liked my submission so much, though. :)

A fun fact - if you zoom in closely on the skin, you will find a lost penguin wandering on a tail spike. Here's a blown-up version from pre-shrinking. This was a joke suggestion made to me in the fire flight discord, but it did end up in the final skin!
tail_penguin.png

A note on this format
I've been trying to find the right format (as well as the time lol) to make this journal post for a while, and I was finally inspired by Alex Lahey's newsletter, 'throwing up into the abyss', earlier in the week. AL is one of my favourite queer Australian artists and I love her live shows - give her a listen if you're into indie music. Recommended songs: 'you don't think you like people like me', 'every day's the weekend', and 'don't be so hard on yourself'. Enjoy :)
MUYNhfy.png
6mVFIuV.png
xYQkuHQ.png
dEo6ta2.png
I IMMEDIATELY ran to go look at the skin on my Snapper and saw the tiny, pixilated penguin. This is the the best thing I've seen all day. I'm so happy this won and my Snapper has a small, secret penguin friend :]
I IMMEDIATELY ran to go look at the skin on my Snapper and saw the tiny, pixilated penguin. This is the the best thing I've seen all day. I'm so happy this won and my Snapper has a small, secret penguin friend :]
Belated congratulations on getting chosen! :o I also love the data collection, it was interesting to read through.
Belated congratulations on getting chosen! :o I also love the data collection, it was interesting to read through.
87fTGkN.png ___ Regxlia | She/Her/Hers | FR+2
» Free Cauldron
» Wishlist
» Adopts
I do really like your skin! I'm glad you won! I made my first one for this festival, it's difficult with your first especially for a concept. Congratulations!
I do really like your skin! I'm glad you won! I made my first one for this festival, it's difficult with your first especially for a concept. Congratulations!
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 95 96