Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Lore contest | G4 Naomis (dual line)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
So, an entry again haha! I got sick recently so I don't have much energy to write, but got hit with some inspiration today so I thought I'd give it a shot :P! ------------------------------- [b]Username:[/b] Dytileea [b]Entry:[/b] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76571222][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/765713/76571222_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Izel has always been the silent one of the three sisters. Among the optimism of Tlalli and the straightforwardness of Miztli, she liked to stay quiet and observe. She discovered at a very young age that there is a reward for being still and sneaking into dark corners unknown - curiosities would unknowingly show them to the quiet observer. This combined with her keen eye for the shade and the dead, taught her many things. You see, she saw herself as an investigator of sorts, but not in the usual sense of the word. She follows tugs and traces of the shade and death, letting her curiosity lead her to places she is most needed (for she is a shade eater after all and the guidance of the dead has always been a part of her, much like the rest of her nestmates). It was one such tug of curiosity that led her to where she was today: standing at the front of a dark patch in the forest. It was only yesterday that she arrived at the clan of the Midnight Scythe, and soon after she found herself here. This place was much blacker than the surrounding forest and she heard in passing that the clan called it Purgatory. Her eyes could not pierce the darkness and as she got closer a dark grey mist started swirling at her feet. She was drawn to this place. Its ink-black likelihood to the shade couldn't be a coincidence and yet she could barely scent a trace of it. The other much more spirit-y scent of the place told her that it housed souls of the dead, as well as other creatures. Two flickers and she swore she saw a [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71915331]fanged grin[/url][/b], and a [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55055215]pair of slitted eyes[/url][/b]. These two occurrences reminded her of what was said about Purgatory by the clan: "The denizens of Purgatory have not friendly faces and they're of the mischievous kind. Neither good nor evil, but the guiders of the lost nonetheless." She felt like she was being watched and felt a soft curling around her feet. She looked down to see a cat looking up at her. Its eyes glinted and she understood. All dwellers of Purgatory must have a guide so their souls won't get lost. What is it that she would find here? Why has she been led here specifically? With her new companion at her side, she looked up into the mist again. Well… it is time for her to find out. She took a step forward and the darkness engulfed her. ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- [u][b]Trivia:[/b][/u] [b]This is how she got her role in the clan:[/b] Guider of lost souls and investigator of anomalies. [b]Purgatory:[/b] https://www1.flightrising.com/den/443454/2149104/1 (I have more dragons I want to move here, but only these two are relevant to the story!) [b]The cat:[/b] [item=prancing capricat] [b]Why cat?[/b] Hehe Purrgatory.
So, an entry again haha! I got sick recently so I don't have much energy to write, but got hit with some inspiration today so I thought I'd give it a shot :P!

Username: Dytileea
Entry:
76571222_350.png

Izel has always been the silent one of the three sisters. Among the optimism of Tlalli and the straightforwardness of Miztli, she liked to stay quiet and observe. She discovered at a very young age that there is a reward for being still and sneaking into dark corners unknown - curiosities would unknowingly show them to the quiet observer. This combined with her keen eye for the shade and the dead, taught her many things.

You see, she saw herself as an investigator of sorts, but not in the usual sense of the word. She follows tugs and traces of the shade and death, letting her curiosity lead her to places she is most needed (for she is a shade eater after all and the guidance of the dead has always been a part of her, much like the rest of her nestmates).

It was one such tug of curiosity that led her to where she was today: standing at the front of a dark patch in the forest. It was only yesterday that she arrived at the clan of the Midnight Scythe, and soon after she found herself here. This place was much blacker than the surrounding forest and she heard in passing that the clan called it Purgatory.

Her eyes could not pierce the darkness and as she got closer a dark grey mist started swirling at her feet. She was drawn to this place. Its ink-black likelihood to the shade couldn't be a coincidence and yet she could barely scent a trace of it. The other much more spirit-y scent of the place told her that it housed souls of the dead, as well as other creatures.

Two flickers and she swore she saw a fanged grin, and a pair of slitted eyes. These two occurrences reminded her of what was said about Purgatory by the clan: "The denizens of Purgatory have not friendly faces and they're of the mischievous kind. Neither good nor evil, but the guiders of the lost nonetheless."

She felt like she was being watched and felt a soft curling around her feet. She looked down to see a cat looking up at her. Its eyes glinted and she understood. All dwellers of Purgatory must have a guide so their souls won't get lost. What is it that she would find here? Why has she been led here specifically? With her new companion at her side, she looked up into the mist again. Well… it is time for her to find out.

She took a step forward and the darkness engulfed her.

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

Trivia:

This is how she got her role in the clan: Guider of lost souls and investigator of anomalies.

Purgatory: https://www1.flightrising.com/den/443454/2149104/1

(I have more dragons I want to move here, but only these two are relevant to the story!)

The cat:

Prancing Capricat

Why cat? Hehe Purrgatory.
4o7zqMF.pnguedbpc5.png
Username: xMidnightMuse
Entry: (Mess below)
Ok so! My Entry!

I tend to write things more as a sort of backstory/mythologic tale than traditional novels. Mainly because a lot of my efforts the past few years have gone into cramming as much symbolism an hidden meaning as is physically capable.
That and I roleplay on a daily basis (on a place that isn't flight rising yet), so while there are still descriptors, a lot of my writing is more focused on characters, their emotions, and their perceptions.

As a whole, this is structured as 2 acts of set up, with allusions to history, then 1 of setting a scene, and giving the exposition for the characters in the situation they'd end up in. I'd tell more but also I fear that my submission may have already made a word cap needed. So uh. Just 3 and plenty of room to expand the story, should I get Izel.

This was inspired by several things, all of them mentioned as relevant in the doc but here's the collection! That as well as Credits!

Izel: "Unique" or "Only One" in Nahuatl
Izel's new fit:
Not Found
(at least, what i have planned with what apparel pieces I know exist.
Caelen: "Slender" (from the Irish Cael, a great warrior) or "Victorious People" (from Scottish)
Caelen (A Gen 7 Naomi I saved from being fodder): https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77205775
The Third Picture: Courtesy of Alex Warren Architecture
Act 1 Theme: Succession Main Theme (It just fit the vibe)
Act 2 Theme: Wind on the Water — Shook lofi beats to be pastel goth to
Act 3 Theme: Eternal Youth — Rüde
The Library of Babel (a real place! Sorta!): https://libraryofbabel.info/

And finally, My Submission. And to get into further roles after reading the piece itself—Izel is meant to be a protector. A fighter. A warrior. Taking the position of warrior from Caelen, who instead is forced into a support role, not like she would complain. Izel wouldn't be a leader, but simply someone who is lost and wanting to be found. She would find what "Only One" could mean with further investigation in the Library, and some good 'ol character development.

And finally, thank you for this opportunity! Hopefully I hadn't overdone this—
Username: xMidnightMuse
Entry: (Mess below)
Ok so! My Entry!

I tend to write things more as a sort of backstory/mythologic tale than traditional novels. Mainly because a lot of my efforts the past few years have gone into cramming as much symbolism an hidden meaning as is physically capable.
That and I roleplay on a daily basis (on a place that isn't flight rising yet), so while there are still descriptors, a lot of my writing is more focused on characters, their emotions, and their perceptions.

As a whole, this is structured as 2 acts of set up, with allusions to history, then 1 of setting a scene, and giving the exposition for the characters in the situation they'd end up in. I'd tell more but also I fear that my submission may have already made a word cap needed. So uh. Just 3 and plenty of room to expand the story, should I get Izel.

This was inspired by several things, all of them mentioned as relevant in the doc but here's the collection! That as well as Credits!

Izel: "Unique" or "Only One" in Nahuatl
Izel's new fit:
Not Found
(at least, what i have planned with what apparel pieces I know exist.
Caelen: "Slender" (from the Irish Cael, a great warrior) or "Victorious People" (from Scottish)
Caelen (A Gen 7 Naomi I saved from being fodder): https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77205775
The Third Picture: Courtesy of Alex Warren Architecture
Act 1 Theme: Succession Main Theme (It just fit the vibe)
Act 2 Theme: Wind on the Water — Shook lofi beats to be pastel goth to
Act 3 Theme: Eternal Youth — Rüde
The Library of Babel (a real place! Sorta!): https://libraryofbabel.info/

And finally, My Submission. And to get into further roles after reading the piece itself—Izel is meant to be a protector. A fighter. A warrior. Taking the position of warrior from Caelen, who instead is forced into a support role, not like she would complain. Izel wouldn't be a leader, but simply someone who is lost and wanting to be found. She would find what "Only One" could mean with further investigation in the Library, and some good 'ol character development.

And finally, thank you for this opportunity! Hopefully I hadn't overdone this—
GLMwkdE.pngx8bDWFu.png5hF3FGk.png7c8ZUEs.pngmlHpBMC.pnglUxoo8T.png
JdImn7O.gifUwUnl7O.png
Slight edit on my post to actually use the given template since I forgot. Once again, apologies for my mess of words
Slight edit on my post to actually use the given template since I forgot. Once again, apologies for my mess of words
JdImn7O.gifUwUnl7O.png
Thank you to everyone who’s submitted an entry, the contest ends today at 11:00 FR time!
Thank you to everyone who’s submitted an entry, the contest ends today at 11:00 FR time!
zqaDToE.png < MIR | THEY/HE | EARTH FLIGHT | +9 FR TIME >
> Naomi Descendants Thread (4th gen descendants)
> Wishlist/Skin and item hunt
> Sales tab
> Art Shop
I got too busy to write this time, but good luck to all the contestants!
I got too busy to write this time, but good luck to all the contestants!
wCtmyuR.png Avatar Dragon | Molten Lava Subspecies

“Life is like a piano; the white keys represent happiness and the black show sadness. But as you go through life's journey, remember that the black keys also create music.” - Ehssan
RClY3u4.gif GwKdven.png
Hey everyone, this contest is closed! I’m hoping to get an announcement out for the winner tomorrow because it’s a bit late for me right now, thanks for all the entries <3
Hey everyone, this contest is closed! I’m hoping to get an announcement out for the winner tomorrow because it’s a bit late for me right now, thanks for all the entries <3
> Sales tab
> Art Shop
Good luck to everyone!!!
Good luck to everyone!!!
JdImn7O.gifUwUnl7O.png
@megarafrostalon @xmidnightmuse @dragongem23 @dytileea

Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay, life stuff came in between! That said, I’ve decided upon the lucky winner!

The winner of this iteration is @/Dytileea! In the end I found that this short and snappy piece really piqued my interest and made me wonder what else might happen! I also liked the prose, it was easy to imagine a scene.

That said, I really enjoyed everyone’s pieces again, each having their own merits that makes it hard to pick. Thank you all again and please let me know if you’d like to be pinged for the next contest! The next one will be somewhere in June if Dima doesn’t wegg me.
@megarafrostalon @xmidnightmuse @dragongem23 @dytileea

Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay, life stuff came in between! That said, I’ve decided upon the lucky winner!

The winner of this iteration is @/Dytileea! In the end I found that this short and snappy piece really piqued my interest and made me wonder what else might happen! I also liked the prose, it was easy to imagine a scene.

That said, I really enjoyed everyone’s pieces again, each having their own merits that makes it hard to pick. Thank you all again and please let me know if you’d like to be pinged for the next contest! The next one will be somewhere in June if Dima doesn’t wegg me.
> Sales tab
> Art Shop
Congrats to Dytileea!
As for another ping—yes please! ^^
Congrats to Dytileea!
As for another ping—yes please! ^^
JdImn7O.gifUwUnl7O.png
@Mir
No worries! And ahhhhh >>>.<<< this is great news! I didn't have much time to come up with a longer story this time, but I was quite happy with the result of the short story and I'm really glad you liked it too (definitely made my day!). I've been obsessed with the purgatory tab in my lair as of late and when I was thinking about Izel XD I just thought she'd fit well in there (also I've realised that I've just been putting a bunch of imps in that tab so far whoops hahaa)

Also I'd love to be added to the pinglist for new contests :P I know I can't participate now that I have the lovely Izel, but I would still like to read the stories ^^

@xMidnightMuse
And thank you uwu! And goodluck with future entries :D
@Mir
No worries! And ahhhhh >>>.<<< this is great news! I didn't have much time to come up with a longer story this time, but I was quite happy with the result of the short story and I'm really glad you liked it too (definitely made my day!). I've been obsessed with the purgatory tab in my lair as of late and when I was thinking about Izel XD I just thought she'd fit well in there (also I've realised that I've just been putting a bunch of imps in that tab so far whoops hahaa)

Also I'd love to be added to the pinglist for new contests :P I know I can't participate now that I have the lovely Izel, but I would still like to read the stories ^^

@xMidnightMuse
And thank you uwu! And goodluck with future entries :D
4o7zqMF.pnguedbpc5.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9