Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [G] Choosing Winners
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page
First off, what is this "lineage of 69696969"? Exactly what it sounds like 8V Dragons related to Dragon #69696969, Polvorón: [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69696969][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/696970/69696969_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Just hover your cursor over him, and bam! No more explanation needed. Polvo himself won't breed again until October 11th, but his three first-borns will be bred regularly :D I still need to finish geneing [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70543425]Defteros[/url] and her mate, but the other two have are ready to go! These G3s are descendants of Tritos and his mate, Miki: [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70543426][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/705435/70543426_350.png[/img][/url] Tritos & [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71526831][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/715269/71526831_350.png[/img][/url] Miki[/center] Tritos is Polvo's [i]third-born[/i] son, born from a pair that will never be bred again 'cuz their mom is gone XD I wanted to maybe breed them in order, but since I only recently decided to breed Defteros and need two gem genes for her and her mate, and Tritos's nest was already on a ready-to-hatch nest, I decided to follow a 1, 3, 2 pattern, instead. It kinda works, 'cuz Defteros is asexual x'3 Wooing her took a bit longer ahaha. Miki is an XXY G1 that I found the last day of his auction and managed to win x'3 His range with Tritos is absolutely lovely, and they have quite a good chance at getting an XXY! [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/743247971080208487/889219919261085746/unknown.png[/img][/center] I'll dump some Lore info and rules and stuff in the next post! As I had said with the giveaway for Prota's nest, I'll be doing the same with Tritos' and also with Defteros once I finish gening that pair up! I want to spread the Polvo Lineage to as many users who want them, since there's nothing more fun than sharing something that people love, right? Unlike Prota's offspring, however, I will only be giving away Tritos' nest [i]after[/i] I hatch them, because I want to give a certain combo to one of my friends. So until they hit that combo, I'll only be doing this giveaway until the nest has hatched! Info on Defteros' nest will come once I nest them :D So what's the game here? It's a write-to-adopt!! [center][size=5][b]Write up some (starter) lore for the dragon you wish to adopt from this nest![/b] My favorite lore wins![/size][/center] All you gotta do is write some lore for the dragon you like the most, and the one I like the most wins! The prize is simple! [b]- - - Winning Lore wins the dragon they wrote the lore for! There will only be ONE winner, though it is possible that [i]if I like more than one... More than one WILL WIN![/i] For free of course v3v [center][size=5]Lore Game ends: September 25th @ Rollover (into Sept. 26th)[/size][/center]
First off, what is this "lineage of 69696969"? Exactly what it sounds like 8V Dragons related to Dragon #69696969, Polvorón:
69696969_350.png

Just hover your cursor over him, and bam! No more explanation needed.

Polvo himself won't breed again until October 11th, but his three first-borns will be bred regularly :D I still need to finish geneing Defteros and her mate, but the other two have are ready to go!

These G3s are descendants of Tritos and his mate, Miki:
70543426_350.png
Tritos

&

71526831_350.png
Miki

Tritos is Polvo's third-born son, born from a pair that will never be bred again 'cuz their mom is gone XD

I wanted to maybe breed them in order, but since I only recently decided to breed Defteros and need two gem genes for her and her mate, and Tritos's nest was already on a ready-to-hatch nest, I decided to follow a 1, 3, 2 pattern, instead. It kinda works, 'cuz Defteros is asexual x'3 Wooing her took a bit longer ahaha.

Miki is an XXY G1 that I found the last day of his auction and managed to win x'3 His range with Tritos is absolutely lovely, and they have quite a good chance at getting an XXY!
unknown.png

I'll dump some Lore info and rules and stuff in the next post!

As I had said with the giveaway for Prota's nest, I'll be doing the same with Tritos' and also with Defteros once I finish gening that pair up! I want to spread the Polvo Lineage to as many users who want them, since there's nothing more fun than sharing something that people love, right?

Unlike Prota's offspring, however, I will only be giving away Tritos' nest after I hatch them, because I want to give a certain combo to one of my friends. So until they hit that combo, I'll only be doing this giveaway until the nest has hatched!

Info on Defteros' nest will come once I nest them :D

So what's the game here?

It's a write-to-adopt!!

Write up some (starter) lore for the dragon you wish to adopt from this nest!
My favorite lore wins!

All you gotta do is write some lore for the dragon you like the most, and the one I like the most wins!

The prize is simple!
- - - Winning Lore wins the dragon they wrote the lore for!

There will only be ONE winner, though it is possible that if I like more than one... More than one WILL WIN! For free of course v3v

Lore Game ends: September 25th @ Rollover (into Sept. 26th)
AScq6qj.png
Animation + More!!! Art Sales
Wishlist || SnowyBlink Adopt Shop
Blep Bean Adopt Shop || Lore-Building Challenge!
Official Ice Subspecies Organizer!
It's AlyxSandre, not Alyxandre!
xx
And now for a few rules:

• You may only enter for ONE dragon!

• Don't forget to specify which dragon you're writing for!

• Multiple people may enter for the same dragons! So don't fret if somebody already wrote lore for the dragon you want!

At least one person will win, but it's possible more than one will win! ;3c So look out~

• You can also submit geneing ideas, different name ideas, outfit ideas... Submit whatever you wish! The bare minimum is just lore.

• There is no word limit or a minimum. If you capture me with one line of lore, then WOW!

• I will NOT be grading based on grammar or the like. I understand it's not everybody's strong suit, and sometimes English may not even be your main language, so please don't worry about that <3

• No need to ping me to enter! Simply post with your lore and be sure to include the answer to the question I've added in this post to let me know you've read my requests!

And a few requests, if you are participating in this giveaway

Requests & Lore-Bits ::
** Disclaimer - These are simply things I ask of for owning a dragon related to Polvo. You have no requirement to follow them, as the moment the dragon is out of my lair, they are yours to do whatever you want with. I will only be a bit disappointed if you choose not to follow these requests. More details about these requests will be posted when I make the Lineage & Sales thread.

These "requests" will apply to any and all dragons that are related to Polvo, so if you plan on selling G3/4's+, you are more than welcome to also ask for these requests as well.

• If you'd like to follow lore: dragons related to Polvo (G3+) are normal dragons who are just a bit more charismatic than usual. They have special magics that can specialize in healing, growing plants, and empathy. Go wild!

• You are more than welcome to PM me if you want to collaborate for lore or want to know more!

• Polvo is Intersex, so if you write lore for your G3 and want to mention Polvo, you are welcome to use They/Them, He/Him, or She/Her when referring to Polvo.

Please avoid making a meme out of Polvo lineage dragons. I understand 69 is one of the biggest meme numbers out there, but I have zero desire to make their line a meme. I'd really appreciate it if they were taken seriously.

• If you come to own a Polvo-Lineage dragon, you are more than welcome to rename the dragon (I will name them all before they leave my lair, but will gladly offer a rename scroll if you wish), pose-change, scatter, etc. I only ask you not use Eye Vials to change their eye type into: Multi-gaze, Faceted, or Primal. You're welcome to change into anything else, though.

• Polvo's descendants are known to be very loving, kind dragons who try to get along with their clanmates as best they can!

For Purple Prose Pair specifics:
• Tritos uses He/Him (he is a trans male dragon), and Miki uses He/Him (cis-male dragon).

• Tritos himself is not a dragon, he's more of a physical manifestation of Magic, but Miki is, meaning their offspring are also just normal dragons.

• For the Tritos/Miki pair, I've decided to call them the Purple Prose pair! These guys are just a little bit different than the others, because offspring born from Tritos and Miki are also attuned to snow and ice magic. You may even call them Winter Spirits!

How I'll be pricing the leftovers:
- Any and all imps will be capped at an AB of 300g, 350g for XXY or Faceted, and 400g if they hatch with Primal or Multi-Gaze.
- Nocturnes will start at an AB of 250g but cap at 300g for Double Colors (XXY) or Faceted, and 350g for Primal or Multi-Gaze.
- I'll list their "AB" prices in the next post.

• As for the hidden question... What's your Favorite Flaunt/Flair color? :D (If you don't have one, what's your favorite FR color?)

And finally the actual dragon info in the next post!
And now for a few rules:

• You may only enter for ONE dragon!

• Don't forget to specify which dragon you're writing for!

• Multiple people may enter for the same dragons! So don't fret if somebody already wrote lore for the dragon you want!

At least one person will win, but it's possible more than one will win! ;3c So look out~

• You can also submit geneing ideas, different name ideas, outfit ideas... Submit whatever you wish! The bare minimum is just lore.

• There is no word limit or a minimum. If you capture me with one line of lore, then WOW!

• I will NOT be grading based on grammar or the like. I understand it's not everybody's strong suit, and sometimes English may not even be your main language, so please don't worry about that <3

• No need to ping me to enter! Simply post with your lore and be sure to include the answer to the question I've added in this post to let me know you've read my requests!

And a few requests, if you are participating in this giveaway

Requests & Lore-Bits ::
** Disclaimer - These are simply things I ask of for owning a dragon related to Polvo. You have no requirement to follow them, as the moment the dragon is out of my lair, they are yours to do whatever you want with. I will only be a bit disappointed if you choose not to follow these requests. More details about these requests will be posted when I make the Lineage & Sales thread.

These "requests" will apply to any and all dragons that are related to Polvo, so if you plan on selling G3/4's+, you are more than welcome to also ask for these requests as well.

• If you'd like to follow lore: dragons related to Polvo (G3+) are normal dragons who are just a bit more charismatic than usual. They have special magics that can specialize in healing, growing plants, and empathy. Go wild!

• You are more than welcome to PM me if you want to collaborate for lore or want to know more!

• Polvo is Intersex, so if you write lore for your G3 and want to mention Polvo, you are welcome to use They/Them, He/Him, or She/Her when referring to Polvo.

Please avoid making a meme out of Polvo lineage dragons. I understand 69 is one of the biggest meme numbers out there, but I have zero desire to make their line a meme. I'd really appreciate it if they were taken seriously.

• If you come to own a Polvo-Lineage dragon, you are more than welcome to rename the dragon (I will name them all before they leave my lair, but will gladly offer a rename scroll if you wish), pose-change, scatter, etc. I only ask you not use Eye Vials to change their eye type into: Multi-gaze, Faceted, or Primal. You're welcome to change into anything else, though.

• Polvo's descendants are known to be very loving, kind dragons who try to get along with their clanmates as best they can!

For Purple Prose Pair specifics:
• Tritos uses He/Him (he is a trans male dragon), and Miki uses He/Him (cis-male dragon).

• Tritos himself is not a dragon, he's more of a physical manifestation of Magic, but Miki is, meaning their offspring are also just normal dragons.

• For the Tritos/Miki pair, I've decided to call them the Purple Prose pair! These guys are just a little bit different than the others, because offspring born from Tritos and Miki are also attuned to snow and ice magic. You may even call them Winter Spirits!

How I'll be pricing the leftovers:
- Any and all imps will be capped at an AB of 300g, 350g for XXY or Faceted, and 400g if they hatch with Primal or Multi-Gaze.
- Nocturnes will start at an AB of 250g but cap at 300g for Double Colors (XXY) or Faceted, and 350g for Primal or Multi-Gaze.
- I'll list their "AB" prices in the next post.

• As for the hidden question... What's your Favorite Flaunt/Flair color? :D (If you don't have one, what's your favorite FR color?)

And finally the actual dragon info in the next post!
AScq6qj.png
xx
These are the three kiddos you can write for! Please be sure to specify which dragon you're writing for! [columns][center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=17&bodygene=5&breed=8&element=2&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=145&tertgene=23&winggene=82&wings=15&auth=f7143d8675f6e5cc7fa7bb39191de9946b8a3996&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center][nextcol][color=transparent]xxx[/color][nextcol][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72460294][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/724603/72460294.png[/img][/url] Jamile 72460294 Female Imperial Violet Ripple Lavender Flair Cornflower Ringlets G3 Polvorón Child of Tritos and Miki AB will be 300g if nobody wins her here[/columns] [columns][center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=82&bodygene=5&breed=11&element=2&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=20&tertgene=20&winggene=82&wings=16&auth=337bbe6c8a3ec5cae7123996bcc0be132548787f&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center][nextcol][color=transparent]xxx[/color][nextcol][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72460295][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/724603/72460295.png[/img][/url] Bellu 72460295 Female Nocturne Iris Ripple Purple Flair Navy Ghost G3 Polvorón Child of Tritos and Miki AB will be 250g if nobody wins her here[/columns] [columns][center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=175&bodygene=5&breed=8&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=19&tertgene=20&winggene=82&wings=69&auth=ec8a08472de0fbcf7fa09e9822dc40480b409a2e&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center][nextcol][color=transparent]xxx[/color][nextcol][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72460296][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/724603/72460296.png[/img][/url] Moai 72460296 Male Imperial Nightshade Ripple Orchid Flair Storm Ghost G3 Polvorón Child of Tritos and Miki AB will be 300g if nobody wins him here[/columns]
These are the three kiddos you can write for! Please be sure to specify which dragon you're writing for!
dragon?age=1&body=17&bodygene=5&breed=8&element=2&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=145&tertgene=23&winggene=82&wings=15&auth=f7143d8675f6e5cc7fa7bb39191de9946b8a3996&dummyext=prev.png
xxx 72460294.png
Jamile
Female Imperial
Violet Ripple
Lavender Flair
Cornflower Ringlets

G3 Polvorón
Child of Tritos and Miki

AB will be 300g if nobody wins her here
dragon?age=1&body=82&bodygene=5&breed=11&element=2&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=20&tertgene=20&winggene=82&wings=16&auth=337bbe6c8a3ec5cae7123996bcc0be132548787f&dummyext=prev.png
xxx 72460295.png
Bellu
Female Nocturne
Iris Ripple
Purple Flair
Navy Ghost

G3 Polvorón
Child of Tritos and Miki

AB will be 250g if nobody wins her here
dragon?age=1&body=175&bodygene=5&breed=8&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=19&tertgene=20&winggene=82&wings=69&auth=ec8a08472de0fbcf7fa09e9822dc40480b409a2e&dummyext=prev.png
xxx 72460296.png
Moai
Male Imperial
Nightshade Ripple
Orchid Flair
Storm Ghost

G3 Polvorón
Child of Tritos and Miki

AB will be 300g if nobody wins him here
AScq6qj.png
xx
Aaand we're ready to go!

Once I launch the actual lore thread, I'll start a pinglist for those who want to be pinged for giveaways |'D I will avoid pinging for giveaways until then, just for the sake of not annoying people to death with pings
Aaand we're ready to go!

Once I launch the actual lore thread, I'll start a pinglist for those who want to be pinged for giveaways |'D I will avoid pinging for giveaways until then, just for the sake of not annoying people to death with pings
AScq6qj.png
xx
I've never done one of these before and I have no idea what I'm doing or if I'm doing it right

I really hope it's okay if I link a google doc for easier reading D: Despite this being a short little thing, I find long text to be hell to read on the forums

Dragons in this story: Quilt, Jamile (who I'm writing for), Tirinka (mentioned)

Link as a google doc

Quilt pokes their head through the crack in the door and immediately ruffles their feathers against the cold air that comes rushing out. It’s been a long day, but their final rounds are not yet done before they can head home and rest.

They hoist the baskets higher against their side as they step inside and push the door closed. It’s cold.

Careful to be quiet, they trill in greeting as the imperial curled comfortably deeper in the chamber raises his head.

“Evening, Quilt.”

He’s quiet too, and for good reason. Quilt walks closer, steps slow and almost silent and crest standing at attention.

“How are they?” they whisper back, in lightly accented common. Their breath leaves their mouth as little puffs of mist in the magical cold.

Jamile adjusts his wing to let Quilt peek under. Against his side and bundled in blankets, a pair of twin tundras are fast asleep. They’d hatched just earlier today, a truly exhausting activity for even the most energetic of hatchlings. They need the rest.

“They’re fine, Quilt,” Jamile says when the coatl remains staring at the hatchlings for what he deems to be too long.

Quilt thinks they can hear an edge of amusement in his voice.

“I know, I know, just-”

“Long day?”

“Yeah,” they sigh, finally looking away and letting the baskets they’ve brought rest on the ground. “You could say that.”

It’s always a long day at the hatchery, and while Quilt wouldn’t trade their position for the world, the exhaustion settling in their bones by the evening is nothing less than real. And Ice eggs, like what these twin tundras had hatched from, are always subject to extra worry in their mind, even when they’re not the one tending to them.

See, it’s a learned thing.

Before Jamile’s arrival and subsequent offer to help out at the hatchery, things were already well-established. As much of a well-oiled machine as it can get around fretting parents and fragile eggs and fussy hatchlings. They already had everything figured out for how to best care for the eggs and the resulting hatchlings.

The heat to keep Fire eggs and hatchlings warm. The darkened rooms for Shadow hatchlings to greet the world in, to protect their sensitive little eyes. Small pools and maintained humidity to keep Water and Nature eggs from drying out.

Everything but the perfect cold for Ice eggs.

Sure, they managed. With lots of constantly-melting ice and imperfect insulation, and overtime from Tirinka who doesn’t even work at the hatchery officially. She’s not even an ice mage. She’s a witch. It’s different.

And then Jamile arrived. Blessed with the gentlest of ice magic despite his Plague eyes, and with the unyielding desire to help. He’d arrived, expressed interest in helping out at the hatchery, and settled right in.

The twin tundras aren’t the first ice eggs in need of fostering that have hatched and rested against Jamile’s flank, wreathed in his misty breath and winter magic, nor will they be the last. But still, with every one, Quilt worries, as they’ve learned to do so.

“I come bearing gifts,” they break out of their own thoughts, just a little too formal, digging into one of the baskets. They knock off the lid and pull aside the cloth covering its contents before they push it towards Jamile’s curious nose. “Fruit for the babies. And steamed fish for you, because I know you haven’t had dinner yet.”

“Astute as always,” Jamile hums, pulling the basket closer. “Thank you.”

Quilt trills with pride. “Not done yet!”

The other basket opens in turn.

“Extra blankets,” they say, pulling on one just enough to lay the corner over the edge of the basket. “And-”

“Quilt, I would like to remind you-”

“No.”

“I am a Winter Spirit, I do n-”

“That’s irrelevant-”

“I assure you it is very re-”

However, Quilt, ever stubborn, just trills at him in a way that Jamile has learned translates to tutting in coatl. Tutting. Him.

Quilt finishes wrapping the clearly claw-knitted scarf around the base of Jamile’s neck, pats it one last time, and sits back with a satisfied ruffling of their feathers.

“Quilt.”

“Yes?”

Feigning innocence. Classic.

“I’m a Winter Spirit,” Jamile repeats for what feels like the hundredth time since the two of them have become friends. “I do not get cold.”

“Like Shade you don’t,” and they trill for emphasis. “Accept a gift, Jamile. I gotta...get going anyway.”

“I’m sure. Go get some rest.”

“Yeah, yeah, absolutely,” they bump their head against Jamile’s chin. He has learned that this means affection. Maybe not in universal coatl language, but in Quilt language specifically. “’m going.”

Their hand’s already on the door when they look back.

“Goodnight. Stars see you.”

Jamile huffs a frosty breath that sends entire snowflakes Quilt’s way. “You too, Quilt. Goodnight.”

"Stars see you" is an Arcane way of saying goodbye after nightfall. It's a shortened and paraphrased common version of "may the stars watch (over) you," which is an old wish of good luck and safe travels

Dragons who have not interacted with Arcane residents much in their lives have sparked the misconception that "starsiyu" is an Arcane dialect word for "goodnight"

The long and short of this is that the moment I saw that what characterises Polvo descendants is being charismatic and nurturing, I knew that if I ever got one, I'd wanna slot them into the Chattering Tower's hatchery (which currently only has one worker that I actually own as a dragon, Quilt)

Other potential connections within the clan would include Freckles, another loving if tragic take on Ice dragons, who I think Jamile would get long well with based on their shared desire to help and protect others; and Tinta, a hatchling fostered by Jamile, not just after hatching but into adulthood, because I find the duo of Winter Spirit Imperial and Light Tundra to be quite cute

Edit: outfit idea because it was fun
Jamile

I have like two dozen favourites with these genes (flair may or may not be holding hands with noxtide in my Favourite Secondary Genes spot now) but I'm gonna highlight obsidian of all things because I do not care for it most days but oh flaunt/flair makes it something to gawk at
I've never done one of these before and I have no idea what I'm doing or if I'm doing it right

I really hope it's okay if I link a google doc for easier reading D: Despite this being a short little thing, I find long text to be hell to read on the forums

Dragons in this story: Quilt, Jamile (who I'm writing for), Tirinka (mentioned)

Link as a google doc

Quilt pokes their head through the crack in the door and immediately ruffles their feathers against the cold air that comes rushing out. It’s been a long day, but their final rounds are not yet done before they can head home and rest.

They hoist the baskets higher against their side as they step inside and push the door closed. It’s cold.

Careful to be quiet, they trill in greeting as the imperial curled comfortably deeper in the chamber raises his head.

“Evening, Quilt.”

He’s quiet too, and for good reason. Quilt walks closer, steps slow and almost silent and crest standing at attention.

“How are they?” they whisper back, in lightly accented common. Their breath leaves their mouth as little puffs of mist in the magical cold.

Jamile adjusts his wing to let Quilt peek under. Against his side and bundled in blankets, a pair of twin tundras are fast asleep. They’d hatched just earlier today, a truly exhausting activity for even the most energetic of hatchlings. They need the rest.

“They’re fine, Quilt,” Jamile says when the coatl remains staring at the hatchlings for what he deems to be too long.

Quilt thinks they can hear an edge of amusement in his voice.

“I know, I know, just-”

“Long day?”

“Yeah,” they sigh, finally looking away and letting the baskets they’ve brought rest on the ground. “You could say that.”

It’s always a long day at the hatchery, and while Quilt wouldn’t trade their position for the world, the exhaustion settling in their bones by the evening is nothing less than real. And Ice eggs, like what these twin tundras had hatched from, are always subject to extra worry in their mind, even when they’re not the one tending to them.

See, it’s a learned thing.

Before Jamile’s arrival and subsequent offer to help out at the hatchery, things were already well-established. As much of a well-oiled machine as it can get around fretting parents and fragile eggs and fussy hatchlings. They already had everything figured out for how to best care for the eggs and the resulting hatchlings.

The heat to keep Fire eggs and hatchlings warm. The darkened rooms for Shadow hatchlings to greet the world in, to protect their sensitive little eyes. Small pools and maintained humidity to keep Water and Nature eggs from drying out.

Everything but the perfect cold for Ice eggs.

Sure, they managed. With lots of constantly-melting ice and imperfect insulation, and overtime from Tirinka who doesn’t even work at the hatchery officially. She’s not even an ice mage. She’s a witch. It’s different.

And then Jamile arrived. Blessed with the gentlest of ice magic despite his Plague eyes, and with the unyielding desire to help. He’d arrived, expressed interest in helping out at the hatchery, and settled right in.

The twin tundras aren’t the first ice eggs in need of fostering that have hatched and rested against Jamile’s flank, wreathed in his misty breath and winter magic, nor will they be the last. But still, with every one, Quilt worries, as they’ve learned to do so.

“I come bearing gifts,” they break out of their own thoughts, just a little too formal, digging into one of the baskets. They knock off the lid and pull aside the cloth covering its contents before they push it towards Jamile’s curious nose. “Fruit for the babies. And steamed fish for you, because I know you haven’t had dinner yet.”

“Astute as always,” Jamile hums, pulling the basket closer. “Thank you.”

Quilt trills with pride. “Not done yet!”

The other basket opens in turn.

“Extra blankets,” they say, pulling on one just enough to lay the corner over the edge of the basket. “And-”

“Quilt, I would like to remind you-”

“No.”

“I am a Winter Spirit, I do n-”

“That’s irrelevant-”

“I assure you it is very re-”

However, Quilt, ever stubborn, just trills at him in a way that Jamile has learned translates to tutting in coatl. Tutting. Him.

Quilt finishes wrapping the clearly claw-knitted scarf around the base of Jamile’s neck, pats it one last time, and sits back with a satisfied ruffling of their feathers.

“Quilt.”

“Yes?”

Feigning innocence. Classic.

“I’m a Winter Spirit,” Jamile repeats for what feels like the hundredth time since the two of them have become friends. “I do not get cold.”

“Like Shade you don’t,” and they trill for emphasis. “Accept a gift, Jamile. I gotta...get going anyway.”

“I’m sure. Go get some rest.”

“Yeah, yeah, absolutely,” they bump their head against Jamile’s chin. He has learned that this means affection. Maybe not in universal coatl language, but in Quilt language specifically. “’m going.”

Their hand’s already on the door when they look back.

“Goodnight. Stars see you.”

Jamile huffs a frosty breath that sends entire snowflakes Quilt’s way. “You too, Quilt. Goodnight.”

"Stars see you" is an Arcane way of saying goodbye after nightfall. It's a shortened and paraphrased common version of "may the stars watch (over) you," which is an old wish of good luck and safe travels

Dragons who have not interacted with Arcane residents much in their lives have sparked the misconception that "starsiyu" is an Arcane dialect word for "goodnight"

The long and short of this is that the moment I saw that what characterises Polvo descendants is being charismatic and nurturing, I knew that if I ever got one, I'd wanna slot them into the Chattering Tower's hatchery (which currently only has one worker that I actually own as a dragon, Quilt)

Other potential connections within the clan would include Freckles, another loving if tragic take on Ice dragons, who I think Jamile would get long well with based on their shared desire to help and protect others; and Tinta, a hatchling fostered by Jamile, not just after hatching but into adulthood, because I find the duo of Winter Spirit Imperial and Light Tundra to be quite cute

Edit: outfit idea because it was fun
Jamile

I have like two dozen favourites with these genes (flair may or may not be holding hands with noxtide in my Favourite Secondary Genes spot now) but I'm gonna highlight obsidian of all things because I do not care for it most days but oh flaunt/flair makes it something to gawk at
34822.png Tower/Karak
they/it
+9h FR

Ping me!
----I'll miss your posts otherwise.----
* accent shop
* pure progen
lineage project

* wishlist
21402.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72460296][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/724603/72460296_350.png[/img][/url][/center] I'd like to write for him! Just so you know, since I'm a tundra monolair, if I win he will be breed changed (and his primary/tert genes will also probably get a good shufflin'). :) Oh, and brief context - my lair is circus themed, and almost all of my dragons are performers. [rule] [i]Moai, the Shapeshifter.[/i] His stage name lacked the flair that his performance did, but nonetheless, it was one that suited the tundra well. Slipping in and out of living skin the way one did clothes. Leaving nothing behind of his previous state but the memory of his audience. He was anything, and anyone. Long had it been since the being even been his original form. Part of him bragged that he had no need of it, but another smaller voice insisted that he had forgotten what it even looked like. There's no cruelty in his magic, unlike the way some of his peers practice. He laughed when offered a dual-show alongside [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66155490]Mortuarie[/url]. Her sanity sat strung on the power dynamic exercised by a powerful performance. Moai's was made of stronger stuff. All he needed, performance to performance, to make his act worthwhile was a new face. A unique shape. A vessel that he had not yet squeezed his being into; gloves when one has only known mittens. Squeezed into a new skin, Moai enjoys himself until the thing turns more into a mold, and then he's off to the next new body.
72460296_350.png

I'd like to write for him! Just so you know, since I'm a tundra monolair, if I win he will be breed changed (and his primary/tert genes will also probably get a good shufflin'). :)

Oh, and brief context - my lair is circus themed, and almost all of my dragons are performers.

Moai, the Shapeshifter.

His stage name lacked the flair that his performance did, but nonetheless, it was one that suited the tundra well. Slipping in and out of living skin the way one did clothes. Leaving nothing behind of his previous state but the memory of his audience. He was anything, and anyone. Long had it been since the being even been his original form. Part of him bragged that he had no need of it, but another smaller voice insisted that he had forgotten what it even looked like.

There's no cruelty in his magic, unlike the way some of his peers practice. He laughed when offered a dual-show alongside Mortuarie. Her sanity sat strung on the power dynamic exercised by a powerful performance. Moai's was made of stronger stuff. All he needed, performance to performance, to make his act worthwhile was a new face. A unique shape. A vessel that he had not yet squeezed his being into; gloves when one has only known mittens.

Squeezed into a new skin, Moai enjoys himself until the thing turns more into a mold, and then he's off to the next new body.
tundra monolair (except when i'm not)
201576c98bceb8a8f26f4f51d994188f4d69cc59.gif5be2f71663585fac901386458cef7c37ddb9502e.gif
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72460295][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/724603/72460295_350.png[/img][/url] this isn't very long, and I might add more, but if I win, I'm gonna make her the friend of my other disabled magical explorer :0 ----------- Bellu’s body collapsed under the pressure. Slowly but surely, she felt her mind begin to fade. Her once bright and colorful scales had been tainted a horrible grey. The all-consuming mud and inky darkness crawled over her, weakening her resolve. [i]I should have never come here,[/i] a sickly thought echoed. [i]Why did I have to be so curious, so blind?[/I] She should have known how dangerous the wastelands were. This was all her fault. She should just give up. No. Bellu would not let herself drown in this place. Not today. She was born in Plague for a reason. For a purpose. She would make her grandfather proud. With one last breath of air, she propelled herself out of the murk, freed from its deadly grasp. But she wasn’t the same, her pink coat dyed an ugly, bizzare purple, and her bones were showing through her skin. She wasn’t the same free beautiful creature that she was before, but she was stronger, re-forged and re-made. ------- Bellu is a survivor, through and through. Her colors might not scream 'Plague', but her spirt defiantly does. She's been mutated and transformed in many ways through out the years, in fact she might have not even been a dragon to begin with, but that doesn't stop her trying to the best archaeologist in Scarred Wasteland. Bellu has a very good relationship with Ak, being his most trust advisor, and they keep eachoteher out of trouble(Or at least try too) ------- Edit: An outfit! [outfit=1722908]
72460295_350.png
this isn't very long, and I might add more, but if I win, I'm gonna make her the friend of my other disabled magical explorer :0
Bellu’s body collapsed under the pressure. Slowly but surely, she felt her mind begin to fade. Her once bright and colorful scales had been tainted a horrible grey. The all-consuming mud and inky darkness crawled over her, weakening her resolve.
I should have never come here, a sickly thought echoed. Why did I have to be so curious, so blind?
She should have known how dangerous the wastelands were. This was all her fault. She should just give up.
No.
Bellu would not let herself drown in this place. Not today. She was born in Plague for a reason. For a purpose. She would make her grandfather proud. With one last breath of air, she propelled herself out of the murk, freed from its deadly grasp. But she wasn’t the same, her pink coat dyed an ugly, bizzare purple, and her bones were showing through her skin. She wasn’t the same free beautiful creature that she was before, but she was stronger, re-forged and re-made.
Bellu is a survivor, through and through. Her colors might not scream 'Plague', but her spirt defiantly does. She's been mutated and transformed in many ways through out the years, in fact she might have not even been a dragon to begin with, but that doesn't stop her trying to the best archaeologist in Scarred Wasteland. Bellu has a very good relationship with Ak, being his most trust advisor, and they keep eachoteher out of trouble(Or at least try too)
Edit: An outfit!
Not Found

STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
writing for this one [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72460294][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/724603/72460294_350.png[/img][/url] [s]-----[/s] "Another rescuee, eh?" says a hazy voice in the distance. At first, there is nothingness. Then there is color. "Oh she finally woke up eh?" says the voice. Then she sees the voice belongs to a pretty blue dragon. "A trip through the void can be rough on a hatchling" the blue dragon says. "Anyways, but now you're finally here!" they say, squealing. "We've been waiting for you for for-ever-rrrrr. Welcome to Lunaria, little one". Then another dragon comes- a pretty pink one. "What's your name, child?", they ask. "My name is Arjuna", comes the reply. Then the dragon speaks again "Whatever you went through, you are safe now".
writing for this one
72460294_350.png

"Another rescuee, eh?" says a hazy voice in the distance. At first, there is nothingness. Then there is color. "Oh she finally woke up eh?" says the voice. Then she sees the voice belongs to a pretty blue dragon. "A trip through the void can be rough on a hatchling" the blue dragon says. "Anyways, but now you're finally here!" they say, squealing. "We've been waiting for you for for-ever-rrrrr. Welcome to Lunaria, little one". Then another dragon comes- a pretty pink one. "What's your name, child?", they ask. "My name is Arjuna", comes the reply. Then the dragon speaks again "Whatever you went through, you are safe now".
hFZSb6U.png LEpJMnn.png ZbNAjCO.png Tl1dGxE.png tqGkHih.png
3CWJL5M.png
mi0V3S8.png
7YfgrTm.png
R6OjJmf.png
[center][emoji=purple gem 2 size=1][emoji=blue gem size=1][b]Writing for Moai[/b][emoji=blue gem size=1][emoji=purple gem 2 size=1] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72460296][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/724603/72460296_350.png[/img][/url] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=175&bodygene=82&breed=8&element=2&eyetype=13&gender=0&tert=19&tertgene=18&winggene=24&wings=69&auth=e951355ef2ac341e8f8db844d020c7709e6ab0f7&dummyext=prev.png[/img] (Scry:Flaunt,Noxtide,Capsule,Bright Eyes) [outfit=1722953][/center] ----- Haven't quite decided who Demur will be, I am thinking [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71781053]this guy[/url] but idk if I want them to have kids to keep up the 33 line. This is [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69569292]Phora[/url], and this is [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72263042]Ein[/url], you may remember her lol. Figured I should definitely mention her since I already have a 69 lineage kiddo. Oh boy probably Clay? Idk though there are a lot of really good colors and I might just be biased because I have a [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/scrying/predict?morph=1884506]breeding project[/url] based around it atm. My next project around flaunt/Flair could be my favorite sometime soon, who knows. ----- "Should I be jealous?" The dragon puffed, looking into the woods where Moai had disappeared. "Jealous? Demur they are cousins, don't be ridiculous." The second pearlcatcher responded. "Not like that Phora, you can still be jealous if your best friend hangs out with another dragon too often. Why would it be any different with my mate?" Demur shook his head. Was he thinking too much into it? Was this the pearlcatcher in him looking for secrets that weren't there to unfurl in front of him? "You chose to love a strange dragon." The two dragons exchanged a glance. Phora instantly felt a twinge of guilt, she hadn't helped. "Do you understand magic Demur?" This peaked his interest. He was a smart dragon but not gifted in the arts as Phora was. His head tilted softly as if a weight were suspended to one ear. "You can't contain it," She lit an icey spark in her talons that danced around the pair. "You can't contain a dragon either. Now just imagine them as one." The spark morphed itself into a tiny imperial. It hoped and glided but ultimately fizzled out as Phora lost her hold on the illusion. "Ein, she is the only dragon who understands him then?" Demur's anxious pacing ceased as he sat and curled his tail around his claws. "Understands him?" The purple dragon laughed. "It is more then that, the first of the first, the third of the third. They are more then friends, they are one in the same. No doubt their first and third children will have the same bond." "So I should be jealous." "Oh absolutely, they are ridiculously cool." ----- It is true, Moai and Ein were close, it still rubbed his feathers just the wrong way to have his mate talking about them though. Moai's gifts were wonderful but sometimes he wished he didn't have the option to listen in, he was always tempted to hear what he shouldn't. Words and thoughts could spread like the plague amongst dragons especially among pearlcatchers which means he could hear quite a bit more if he wanted to. He always found it strange that the spread was what connected him to his element rather then the more straight forward form that Ein's gift had taken. "Barely a gift, it isn't even magic," Moai mumbled coldly. He usually couldn't help being a bit stingy after hearing someone talk about him behind his back. Be gracious for what you have child, Povloron's voice echoed in his head. His grandparent had never said those exact words to him but he could imagine it and that was enough. Ein stood in front of him, waiting to catch Moai's attention. "Why listen if you don't like what you hear?" Moai gaged. Ein had a strange way of sneaking up on dragons and her voice was not one he would want to be awoken by. It startled him to say the least. "Why look when you don't like what you see? The plague still spreads without cure." "A sickness is sometimes best left. It is a body's natural reaction to fix itself. That is true of one's mind as well." "Why do you always choose to speak so strangely to me? Don't act like I haven't heard you else where." Moai raised an eyebrow to his cousin. "W-" Ein didn't even have the chance to get the first syllable out before she was interrupted. "And don't answer with a question!" He added. Ein's red eyes blinked up at him. He could see the wheels turning in her head. The cogs of whether to annoy her cousin once again or give a straight answer. A kind smile swelled at the corner of her cheeks. "You should know, I have given my reasons to Soulus before." The imperials head bowed. Conversations with this dragon could give him a head ache, how could Demur ever be jealous of this? Of course Moai had no recollection of any type of conversation, if it had ever happened at all. He wouldn't put it past Ein to make something up to teach him a lesson. If it had happened though the lesson seemed pretty clear. Either he should have left some conversations to their original owners and would have remembered this one, or he should know when not to listen in and Ein would have given him an answer. Both meant Moai should use his gift a little less. "Right, right," Moai rolled his eyes. He didn't ask anymore questions. For now he would think on it, by himself. Give his mind time to heal on it's own. "Do you wanna see some really cool fungi?" She dropped the act, seeming to have gotten the desired effect across. Now she took to cuddling up to her giant cousin's wings. Moai laughed, "You dork, of course I want to see some cool fungus. Lead the way." Ein popped up to her feet and skittered across the forest floor. Moai following not far behind, flying above the canopy when he came across an area too dense for him to fit through. Before long they were gone, consumed by the woods and the magic within.
Writing for Moai
72460296_350.png
dragon?age=1&body=175&bodygene=82&breed=8&element=2&eyetype=13&gender=0&tert=19&tertgene=18&winggene=24&wings=69&auth=e951355ef2ac341e8f8db844d020c7709e6ab0f7&dummyext=prev.png
(Scry:Flaunt,Noxtide,Capsule,Bright Eyes)
3O3

Haven't quite decided who Demur will be, I am thinking this guy but idk if I want them to have kids to keep up the 33 line. This is Phora, and this is Ein, you may remember her lol. Figured I should definitely mention her since I already have a 69 lineage kiddo.

Oh boy probably Clay? Idk though there are a lot of really good colors and I might just be biased because I have a breeding project based around it atm. My next project around flaunt/Flair could be my favorite sometime soon, who knows.
"Should I be jealous?" The dragon puffed, looking into the woods where Moai had disappeared.

"Jealous? Demur they are cousins, don't be ridiculous." The second pearlcatcher responded.

"Not like that Phora, you can still be jealous if your best friend hangs out with another dragon too often. Why would it be any different with my mate?" Demur shook his head. Was he thinking too much into it? Was this the pearlcatcher in him looking for secrets that weren't there to unfurl in front of him?

"You chose to love a strange dragon." The two dragons exchanged a glance. Phora instantly felt a twinge of guilt, she hadn't helped. "Do you understand magic Demur?"

This peaked his interest. He was a smart dragon but not gifted in the arts as Phora was. His head tilted softly as if a weight were suspended to one ear.

"You can't contain it," She lit an icey spark in her talons that danced around the pair. "You can't contain a dragon either. Now just imagine them as one." The spark morphed itself into a tiny imperial. It hoped and glided but ultimately fizzled out as Phora lost her hold on the illusion.

"Ein, she is the only dragon who understands him then?" Demur's anxious pacing ceased as he sat and curled his tail around his claws.

"Understands him?" The purple dragon laughed. "It is more then that, the first of the first, the third of the third. They are more then friends, they are one in the same. No doubt their first and third children will have the same bond."

"So I should be jealous."

"Oh absolutely, they are ridiculously cool."

It is true, Moai and Ein were close, it still rubbed his feathers just the wrong way to have his mate talking about them though. Moai's gifts were wonderful but sometimes he wished he didn't have the option to listen in, he was always tempted to hear what he shouldn't. Words and thoughts could spread like the plague amongst dragons especially among pearlcatchers which means he could hear quite a bit more if he wanted to. He always found it strange that the spread was what connected him to his element rather then the more straight forward form that Ein's gift had taken.

"Barely a gift, it isn't even magic," Moai mumbled coldly. He usually couldn't help being a bit stingy after hearing someone talk about him behind his back. Be gracious for what you have child, Povloron's voice echoed in his head. His grandparent had never said those exact words to him but he could imagine it and that was enough.

Ein stood in front of him, waiting to catch Moai's attention. "Why listen if you don't like what you hear?"

Moai gaged. Ein had a strange way of sneaking up on dragons and her voice was not one he would want to be awoken by. It startled him to say the least. "Why look when you don't like what you see? The plague still spreads without cure."

"A sickness is sometimes best left. It is a body's natural reaction to fix itself. That is true of one's mind as well."

"Why do you always choose to speak so strangely to me? Don't act like I haven't heard you else where." Moai raised an eyebrow to his cousin.

"W-" Ein didn't even have the chance to get the first syllable out before she was interrupted.

"And don't answer with a question!" He added.

Ein's red eyes blinked up at him. He could see the wheels turning in her head. The cogs of whether to annoy her cousin once again or give a straight answer. A kind smile swelled at the corner of her cheeks. "You should know, I have given my reasons to Soulus before."

The imperials head bowed. Conversations with this dragon could give him a head ache, how could Demur ever be jealous of this? Of course Moai had no recollection of any type of conversation, if it had ever happened at all. He wouldn't put it past Ein to make something up to teach him a lesson. If it had happened though the lesson seemed pretty clear. Either he should have left some conversations to their original owners and would have remembered this one, or he should know when not to listen in and Ein would have given him an answer. Both meant Moai should use his gift a little less.

"Right, right," Moai rolled his eyes. He didn't ask anymore questions. For now he would think on it, by himself. Give his mind time to heal on it's own.

"Do you wanna see some really cool fungi?" She dropped the act, seeming to have gotten the desired effect across. Now she took to cuddling up to her giant cousin's wings.

Moai laughed, "You dork, of course I want to see some cool fungus. Lead the way."

Ein popped up to her feet and skittered across the forest floor. Moai following not far behind, flying above the canopy when he came across an area too dense for him to fit through. Before long they were gone, consumed by the woods and the magic within.
tC7jp2W.png
Aaaand we're closed!
I'll announce the winners around mid day!! :D
Aaaand we're closed!
I'll announce the winners around mid day!! :D
AScq6qj.png
xx
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page