Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Lore Contest for 4th gen Naomis
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
[center] [rule] [size=6][b]G4 NAOMI LORE CONTEST[/b][/size] [rule] [b]Status:[/b] [i][s]CLOSED, NEXT CONTEST IS SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 18th[/s]POSTPONED DUE TO PERSONAL MATTERS, WILL BE POSTPONED UNTIL SEPTEMBER[/i] Last time I used this thread, I used it to host a lore contest to give some people the chance to toss their hat into the ring for some special line Naomi descendants. This time is the third iteration, with one nameless wanderer to be won! This contest marks the beginning of me rewriting my lore for my third gen Naomi, Adam, and thus she's the first of this new era or so to speak. Unlike the other contests, she also comes with a starter text. [quote=The Nameless wanderer] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70665599][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/706656/70665599_350.png[/img][/url] [center][i] How strange it was to wake up amongst a bed of flowers under the putrid skies of the Scarred Wasteland. The dragon blinked their eyes, rising from the dandelions as if they’d casually woken up from a nice night of sleep. The well of power within, the gap in their memories, and the distinct feeling they weren’t whole somehow spoke differently. While the dragon themself didn’t know, they had grown out of a violent confrontation between an unknown Shade Hunter and Adam, leader of the cult of Cenotaph. While the warrior fought valiantly, and Adam’s blood reddened the sands, he would not die. Whatever limb and claw was scattered would simply grow back. Undying and unbending. What remained lain on the sands rained a life of his own. And thus, the dragon finds themself in a field of dandelions, sent to wander to find their own name and destiny. [emoji=deer skull size=1] [/center][/i] [rule] Lore entries - [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2921060/16#post_48293423]Sinornis[/url] - [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2921060/16#post_48301252]Jadedjester[/url] - [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2921060/16#post_48333402]Chisschass[/url] - [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2921060/16#post_48339899]Lendri[/url] - [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2921060/17#post_48388286]Zenithdreams[/url] [/quote] The difference in comparison to the other contests is that [b]using the starter text as your inspiration is a requirement.[/b] Your task is to take the jumping off point and to write how this dragon would've come to live with your clan. You're allowed to say the dragon maybe met their parent along the way, but I'm far more curious as to how you would characterize this dragon. [rule] [b]RULES[/b] [rule] [/center] [LIST] [*][b]The contest ends on [s]July 18[/s] July 20 around 07:00 Site time. Depending on my schedule I'll announce the winner on that same day but if I experience a delay I will inform everyone of the delay.[/b] [*][b]There's no entering fee, all you need to enter is to write a piece of lore of minimally 150 words. Scries/Outfit plans are nice, but I will be looking only at lore for deciding what wins. Please post all entries in thread.[/b] [*][s]If you can help it take the lore of the parents into account. It will be summarised below.[/s] See above, because this contest is a little different. References are nice though. [*][b]Obviously, you cannot outright buy this dragon. The whole point of this contest is that I want to give other people than those with a lot of gems a chance. If you want to buy a kid please contact me via PM.[/b] [*][b]You're allowed to collaborate with others as long as you clearly state this, and I'm allowing a max of three entries. I do not count beta readers as collaborators but if you wanna shout out to your readers as thanks then go ahead.[/b] [*][b]If you've entered before, you're allowed to enter again! However, if you've won a dragon, or own one of Adam's offspring already, please refrain from entering. The whole point is to give people who don't have one yet a chance.[/b] [*]I don't count bio formatting towards the winning score, since some folks write longer stories and prefer to keep it in a google doc. On that note, you're allowed to write your entry in a google doc and post the link. [/LIST] [center] [rule] [b]THE JUDGING[/b] [rule] [/center] [LIST] [*]I will not be judging on format. The only prerequisite is that it is longer than 150 words. [*]I will be judging based on the quality of the piece of writing and how engaging the story is. Effort will also be factored in. [*]I will not be detracting points for things like spelling or grammar errors if the overall concept comes across clearly. Originality of ideas is not factored into the final verdict either as a story can use well-trodden ideas but still be engaging to read. [*]To reiterate, I would prefer it if you keep the parent's lore in mind when you write your entry. It's not mandatory, as again, I will be judging on quality, but it's definitely something I would like to see in entries. [/LIST] [center] [rule] [b]ADDITIONAL[/b] [rule] [/center] [list] [*]The dragon will come with a den cooldown as she's currently in my den. [*]There will obviously be future chances. It might be a while away because I have life to attend to, but don't be afraid to try again. [*]Please do include a name for the dragon in your piece. Otherwise I'll prename it. [/list] [center] [rule] [b]TEMPLATE TO USE[/b] [rule] [/center] [QUOTE] Username: *Name here* Entry: *Bio here* [/QUOTE] [rule] [quote] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25342] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/254/25342.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][size=5][color=#093e6aff]Who is Naomi?[/color][/size][/center] [center][size=4][color=#093e6aff]The Glitch Queen[/color][/size][/center] [color=#093e6aff]Messages and items purchased from AH used to be delivered to your inbox by one of three NPC courier dragons. But on January 25th, 2016, the courier dragons were all replaced by this Triple Basic White/Azure/Sky Fae named Naomi. Naomi's clan was found to be clan number 0, housing over 15 million dragons. All of the exalted dragons on FR at that time. Naomi herself was listed in Dragon Search as exalted. [color=#093e6aff]It is theorized that Naomi was a user account taken over by the admins to house the site's exalted dragons, but no one knows exactly why this account was suddenly visible or why Naomi took over the AH that day. This bug was, of course, fixed, and now Naomi lives in an empty lair. Naomi did, however have a mate, [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/25343]Coal[/url]. It was found during this event that Naomi and Coal had one surviving offspring, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&id=13256&tab=dragon&did=25348]Willow[/url], who was sold in an [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/1729166/26]auction[/url] for an equivalent of over $2000! Willow's owner auctioned off only a small number of her offspring, and it is from them that Naomi descendants are bred with the goal of keeping the Glitch Queen's lineage alive. The original bug report thread can be found [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/1728692]here[/url]. Additional resources can be found at [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2091838/1]Naomi Breeders, Inc.[/url] and at [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drw/2259332#post_2259332]The Naomi Project (Rebooted)[/url].[/color][/quote]

G4 NAOMI LORE CONTEST
Status: CLOSED, NEXT CONTEST IS SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 18thPOSTPONED DUE TO PERSONAL MATTERS, WILL BE POSTPONED UNTIL SEPTEMBER

Last time I used this thread, I used it to host a lore contest to give some people the chance to toss their hat into the ring for some special line Naomi descendants. This time is the third iteration, with one nameless wanderer to be won! This contest marks the beginning of me rewriting my lore for my third gen Naomi, Adam, and thus she's the first of this new era or so to speak. Unlike the other contests, she also comes with a starter text.
The Nameless wanderer wrote:
70665599_350.png

How strange it was to wake up amongst a bed of flowers under the putrid skies of the Scarred Wasteland. The dragon blinked their eyes, rising from the dandelions as if they’d casually woken up from a nice night of sleep. The well of power within, the gap in their memories, and the distinct feeling they weren’t whole somehow spoke differently.

While the dragon themself didn’t know, they had grown out of a violent confrontation between an unknown Shade Hunter and Adam, leader of the cult of Cenotaph. While the warrior fought valiantly, and Adam’s blood reddened the sands, he would not die. Whatever limb and claw was scattered would simply grow back. Undying and unbending. What remained lain on the sands rained a life of his own.

And thus, the dragon finds themself in a field of dandelions, sent to wander to find their own name and destiny.

Lore entries

- Sinornis
- Jadedjester
- Chisschass
- Lendri
- Zenithdreams

The difference in comparison to the other contests is that using the starter text as your inspiration is a requirement. Your task is to take the jumping off point and to write how this dragon would've come to live with your clan. You're allowed to say the dragon maybe met their parent along the way, but I'm far more curious as to how you would characterize this dragon.

RULES
  • The contest ends on July 18 July 20 around 07:00 Site time. Depending on my schedule I'll announce the winner on that same day but if I experience a delay I will inform everyone of the delay.
  • There's no entering fee, all you need to enter is to write a piece of lore of minimally 150 words. Scries/Outfit plans are nice, but I will be looking only at lore for deciding what wins. Please post all entries in thread.
  • If you can help it take the lore of the parents into account. It will be summarised below. See above, because this contest is a little different. References are nice though.
  • Obviously, you cannot outright buy this dragon. The whole point of this contest is that I want to give other people than those with a lot of gems a chance. If you want to buy a kid please contact me via PM.
  • You're allowed to collaborate with others as long as you clearly state this, and I'm allowing a max of three entries. I do not count beta readers as collaborators but if you wanna shout out to your readers as thanks then go ahead.
  • If you've entered before, you're allowed to enter again! However, if you've won a dragon, or own one of Adam's offspring already, please refrain from entering. The whole point is to give people who don't have one yet a chance.
  • I don't count bio formatting towards the winning score, since some folks write longer stories and prefer to keep it in a google doc. On that note, you're allowed to write your entry in a google doc and post the link.

THE JUDGING
  • I will not be judging on format. The only prerequisite is that it is longer than 150 words.
  • I will be judging based on the quality of the piece of writing and how engaging the story is. Effort will also be factored in.
  • I will not be detracting points for things like spelling or grammar errors if the overall concept comes across clearly. Originality of ideas is not factored into the final verdict either as a story can use well-trodden ideas but still be engaging to read.
  • To reiterate, I would prefer it if you keep the parent's lore in mind when you write your entry. It's not mandatory, as again, I will be judging on quality, but it's definitely something I would like to see in entries.

ADDITIONAL
  • The dragon will come with a den cooldown as she's currently in my den.
  • There will obviously be future chances. It might be a while away because I have life to attend to, but don't be afraid to try again.
  • Please do include a name for the dragon in your piece. Otherwise I'll prename it.

TEMPLATE TO USE
Quote:
Username: *Name here*
Entry: *Bio here*

Quote:
Who is Naomi?
The Glitch Queen
Messages and items purchased from AH used to be delivered to your inbox by one of three NPC courier dragons. But on January 25th, 2016, the courier dragons were all replaced by this Triple Basic White/Azure/Sky Fae named Naomi. Naomi's clan was found to be clan number 0, housing over 15 million dragons. All of the exalted dragons on FR at that time. Naomi herself was listed in Dragon Search as exalted.

It is theorized that Naomi was a user account taken over by the admins to house the site's exalted dragons, but no one knows exactly why this account was suddenly visible or why Naomi took over the AH that day. This bug was, of course, fixed, and now Naomi lives in an empty lair.

Naomi did, however have a mate, Coal. It was found during this event that Naomi and Coal had one surviving offspring, Willow, who was sold in an auction for an equivalent of over $2000! Willow's owner auctioned off only a small number of her offspring, and it is from them that Naomi descendants are bred with the goal of keeping the Glitch Queen's lineage alive.

The original bug report thread can be found here.

Additional resources can be found at Naomi Breeders, Inc. and at The Naomi Project (Rebooted).
zqaDToE.png < MIR | THEY/HE | EARTH FLIGHT | +9 FR TIME >
> Naomi Descendants Thread (4th gen descendants)
> Wishlist/Skin and item hunt
> Sales tab
> Art Shop
[center] [rule] [size=6][b]THE “PARENT”[/b][/size] [rule] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58130999][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/581310/58130999_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Adam[/b] [i]He/Him - Leader of the Cenotaph faction - Shade afflicted[/i] Adam is a third generation Naomi/Ignis descendant that was hatched on january 1st as part of a second nest between Willow, the daughter of Naomi, and Marduk, son of the Beast (dragon #666). I planned to breed him for a total of 13 children before retiring him originally, and while he remains limited, the dragons in these contests are put up as a little gift to those interested in Naomis and one from a special nest. Adam within lore is a showy, dramatic and flamboyant character, often prone to drama for the hell of it. He is also a near demigod, having fought and subsumed an eldritch entity. This greatly expanded his powers, giving him limited omniscience, fast regeneration and the somewhat troubling ability to enforce his influence over other beings. Deep down, he is ultimately good, even if he has a laissez-faire viewpoint on morals and life. He’s also more than a fan of the finer things in life such as good food and parties and tends to use his excessive power mostly on having a good time. He’s the leader of Cenotaph, a cult which consists primarily of dragons that flocked to his power and who couldn’t find a place elsewhere. Together they map distortions in reality, study alchemagic and try to get a better grasp on the kind of being Adam is. While I am a lightning clan Adam has moved to plague territories nowadays.

THE “PARENT”

58130999_350.png

Adam
He/Him - Leader of the Cenotaph faction - Shade afflicted

Adam is a third generation Naomi/Ignis descendant that was hatched on january 1st as part of a second nest between Willow, the daughter of Naomi, and Marduk, son of the Beast (dragon #666). I planned to breed him for a total of 13 children before retiring him originally, and while he remains limited, the dragons in these contests are put up as a little gift to those interested in Naomis and one from a special nest.

Adam within lore is a showy, dramatic and flamboyant character, often prone to drama for the hell of it. He is also a near demigod, having fought and subsumed an eldritch entity. This greatly expanded his powers, giving him limited omniscience, fast regeneration and the somewhat troubling ability to enforce his influence over other beings. Deep down, he is ultimately good, even if he has a laissez-faire viewpoint on morals and life. He’s also more than a fan of the finer things in life such as good food and parties and tends to use his excessive power mostly on having a good time.
He’s the leader of Cenotaph, a cult which consists primarily of dragons that flocked to his power and who couldn’t find a place elsewhere. Together they map distortions in reality, study alchemagic and try to get a better grasp on the kind of being Adam is.

While I am a lightning clan Adam has moved to plague territories nowadays.
> Sales tab
> Art Shop
Pinglist for start

ADD IN, saved in discord

Pinglist for winning entries

-

If you would like to be pinged for the start of the contest, feel free to let me know. I am subscribed to the thread.
Pinglist for start

ADD IN, saved in discord

Pinglist for winning entries

-

If you would like to be pinged for the start of the contest, feel free to let me know. I am subscribed to the thread.
> Sales tab
> Art Shop
@Mir

I'd love to be pinged when this opens!
@Mir

I'd love to be pinged when this opens!
+8 FR Time
They/Them
Local Pyro
__
@Mercysewerpyro

Noted ^w^
@Mercysewerpyro

Noted ^w^
> Sales tab
> Art Shop
I would love to get pinged when it opens ^^
I'm very interested :)
Thank you for the possibility
I would love to get pinged when it opens ^^
I'm very interested :)
Thank you for the possibility
@DarkYnx

Noted!
@DarkYnx

Noted!
> Sales tab
> Art Shop
I'd love a ping when this opens please!
so many ideas
I'd love a ping when this opens please!
so many ideas
divider.png
I would love a ping when opened! :)
I would love a ping when opened! :)
ldNLSdw.png
@kaiyre @digimon11

Noted you both down ^w^
@kaiyre @digimon11

Noted you both down ^w^
> Sales tab
> Art Shop
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18