Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Lore Contest for 4th gen Naomis
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
Ooh this looks fun! Ok I will write for Storge please :) (I’m gonna edit later) Username: DragonLover999 Dragon: Storge Entry: Her roots are in Light, yet something always pulls her from the starry heavens down to the life and bustle of the world below. There is something about the liveliness and happiness that she cannot shake, something she remembers... IN THE BEGINNING: She had always longed to become one of the stars above, twinkling playfully and shining bright and true, her companions in the lonely dark. One fateful night, while wandering the skies, she happened upon a gate of shining gold. “Do you wish to climb to the heavens, to become that very star you have always wanted to be?” asked a sleek dragon with shimmering scales of moonlight. His moonlit voice had all the promise of fulfilling the longing she had for the night sky. Naturally, she said she had always wanted to become one of the stars. Who could ignore the lure of those bright golden crystals of light, hanging in the sky just out of reach? “But, there is a price,” he whispered softly. “You will forget your past, only knowing your longing to watch over the world.” He gestured to the perfect bluish-green globe below. It was equally alluring as the universe above, filled with possibilities of a better life. Well, almost. She considered. Her days on the middle world had been good, she had many memories that she treasured from her hatchling days, memories that would vanish and never come back. If she accepted, her life would be wiped away like words from a slate, she would be forever clueless of her life as she knew it. But oh, to become a beacon of light in the dark, velvety sky! That thought overpowered her and she agreed, ascending to the galaxy above. And now, here she still stands, with everything to learn about her past, pondering her mysterious origins day after day, year after year, forever. AACH IM HORRIBLE AT LORE ;-; I tried I think I’ll come back and edit this disaster later but i consider myself ok at art :) she was so fun to draw tho! [img]https://i.imgur.com/Tl3h70I.png[/img]
Ooh this looks fun!
Ok I will write for Storge please :)
(I’m gonna edit later)

Username: DragonLover999
Dragon: Storge
Entry:
Her roots are in Light, yet something always pulls her from the starry heavens down to the life and bustle of the world below. There is something about the liveliness and happiness that she cannot shake, something she remembers...
IN THE BEGINNING:
She had always longed to become one of the stars above, twinkling playfully and shining bright and true, her companions in the lonely dark. One fateful night, while wandering the skies, she happened upon a gate of shining gold. “Do you wish to climb to the heavens, to become that very star you have always wanted to be?” asked a sleek dragon with shimmering scales of moonlight. His moonlit voice had all the promise of fulfilling the longing she had for the night sky. Naturally, she said she had always wanted to become one of the stars. Who could ignore the lure of those bright golden crystals of light, hanging in the sky just out of reach? “But, there is a price,” he whispered softly. “You will forget your past, only knowing your longing to watch over the world.” He gestured to the perfect bluish-green globe below. It was equally alluring as the universe above, filled with possibilities of a better life. Well, almost. She considered. Her days on the middle world had been good, she had many memories that she treasured from her hatchling days, memories that would vanish and never come back. If she accepted, her life would be wiped away like words from a slate, she would be forever clueless of her life as she knew it. But oh, to become a beacon of light in the dark, velvety sky! That thought overpowered her and she agreed, ascending to the galaxy above. And now, here she still stands, with everything to learn about her past, pondering her mysterious origins day after day, year after year, forever.

AACH IM HORRIBLE AT LORE ;-;
I tried
I think I’ll come back and edit this disaster later

but i consider myself ok at art :)
she was so fun to draw tho!
Tl3h70I.png
Username: Digimon11
Chosen dragon: Agape
Entry:

Tall rows of mahogany shelves line the library filled with frayed leatherback books and even the glossy covers of new reads. A long dragon sat in a desk tucked in the corner. Agape was not your ordinary dragon, she was born of a special race although she had forgotten over time what it was called. She gets reincarnated every century and at the end of her lifetime, she gets transported to this mysterious library to write down her memories. Every time Agape gets reincarnated get forgets a previous memory until now where she could barely even remember any memories worthwhile to her.

Agape lifted her massive claw and dipped it into the pot of red ink beside her. She touched the edge to the thick pages of the blank book before her and wrote something down. Suddenly, she ripped the pages out and crumpled it throwing it in the trash, where many rolled paper balls lay. She huffed, what was the point of writing something down when she won’t be able to remember it centuries from now. She slithered off the chair and wandered among the shelves, touching the thick leatherbacks of her memories.

Stopping at the oldest section, Agape stared thoughtfully at a section of books when something behind her made a thumping noise. She swirled around on edge even though she knew for certain she was the only one in this vast library. Spotting a rustic book before her, Agape carefully picked it up and read the cover, Short Stories by Amaterasu. From what Agape could remember, Amaterasu was the goddess of the sun, it was a wonder what her book was doing among Agape’s memories.

She looked at the rows of books before her, trying to find an empty shelf to put this book on and she realized there was no empty space. Surprised, Agape stared at the book for a second before deciding there was no harm in taking a break with writing, especially when she was so frustrated. Sitting down at the desk, feeling a lot calmer, Agape opened the ancient scroll and began to read…

Story 1: Amaterasu

It is funny how I add my story to the beginning as I am some special deity that should come first always. Despite that rumor, I am far from doing this to cement my name in history books. I just want You to remember and that’s why I start with my story, the one that is most memorable to me.

----

Amaterasu strolled along her sun palace observing the festivity below her. On earth, it was the day to celebrate the sun and the dragons, looking like little specs, frantically ran around. Amaterasu paused amused and went on her way, she should probably get ready for the festival herself. Every year for one day, Amaterasu allowed herself a break and to visit the mortal. On that day, the sun turns black and it is known as the eclipse.

She wore a black silk dress with accents of red and orange colors, also making sure to add a pair of sun earrings and her cuff which she never leaves the sun with. Getting on his carriage, she followed the rainbow bridge to Earth. Amaterasu always loved mortals so the thought of visiting them filled her with excitement. She stepped out of her carriage and almost fell back with the sight that beheld her.
Instead of the lush forest she was expecting, she saw a market with bustling dragons which barely paid her mind as they walked around. A few curious ones stared at her and her carriage for a second before moving on. Amaterasu snapped her fingers and quickly changed from her dress to her normal attire. It seemed as if they had forgotten about the day with no sun, which was supposed to be her day. The day where she was loved, and she can see that love in person.

At first, Amaterasu was filled with anger, how dare they forget her and turn this sacred place into a commercial area. Then she was just empty, devoid of all emotions as if her entire body consumed her feelings. She left the market and walked into the only forest she could see in the radius. Maybe being with nature would calm her mind. She was strolling down the path, trying to remember the good times and forget about the pain of being forgotten when she heard the sound of laughing.

Curious at who it will be, Amaterasu came upon a group of dragonets. “Are you sure this is how they did it?” asked the blue one to the orange one. The orange one replied, “Yes I’m sure. This is what my grandmother taught me” The orange dragon shuffled her wings, and called out, “Amaterasu, we call you hear to do a feast and to remember you for centuries to come as the sun that gave Earth warmth and love” Another dragonet, white in color, came out of the bushes, dressed in long robes and a name tag that said ‘Amaterasu’. “It is I” said the dragonet in a squeaky voice.

Amaterasu smiled and almost laughed at this representation of the great festivals. She walked forward to stand behind the white dragonet and cleared her throat. All three dragonets turned around quickly and stared at her for a second before their expression changed to awe. “Hello there, I am Amaterasu.”

---

“Often, we might be forgotten but remember among this world, there is at least one person who loves and cares about you. And that is yourself.”
- Amaterasu

Story 2: Hephaestus

I write this story down to show You love can take many forms and if you keep on following one way, you might miss the love that is already there.

---

Sparks flew as Hephaestus bashed the metal hammer against the glowing iron rod. Sweat dripped down his face as he metal-worked and the intense heat beat down on his body.

He was angry.

Hephaestus almost burned down his shop with rage but instead turned to his task at hand and channeled that rage into a tool. He was mocked and busied today, by the other dragons who believed themselves to be above a blacksmith, especially a crippled one. However, that wasn’t the reason he was furious, he had spotted his crush, the dainty flower shop owner among the crowd as insults were thrown at him and she was just standing there looking at him with pity.

The bells on his shop door chimed and Rose walked in. Rose was the flower shop owner in his town and she always gets visits from young dragons trying to catch her eye. Hephaestus always used to watch from the distance too afraid to say anything to her, in case she might be repelled by his character.

Hephaestus nodded, nervous. She was probably her to talk about what happened before, with all the insults. Immediately all the anger he felt at the would was replaced with shame. He opened his mouth to speak when…

“I would like to order a ring” Hephaestus paused with confusion, trying to make sense of what she was saying. “What do you need a ring for” he asked genuinely curious. She placed her claws on the side of her face in embarrassment, “I want to ask that new dragon in town, Ares to court me. Isn’t he just handsome?” She sighed as if she loved him deeply and turned back to Hephaestus, “so will you do it?”

Hephaestus was shocked, but he quickly put up a façade. “Sure, I can do it” he said disappointed and also betrayed. He knew Rose was never his to begin with, but the pain of losing the only beautiful thing in his life is somewhat hard to bear. “Come back in a week” Rose nodded and just like that, she was out of his life.
Hephaestus walked out after a moment, wallowing is self-pity and roamed the streets. He avoided the gazes of others, not letting the repulsiveness or pity bother him. Suddenly, Hephaestus bumped into something, and when he looked down, he spotted a half-soaked box. Opening it up, Hephaestus quickly fell back as a puppy flew from the box.

Holding the puppy in his hands, Hephaestus felt a sense of pity for this poor animal who was discarded on the side if she wasn’t worth anything, just like him. He got up with the puppy still in his hand and decided to go home. He will take care of this puppy so all she would know was love. And for the first time since months, Hephaestus smiled.

---

“Love is hidden in places you never expect and when one thing doesn’t work out for you, look at the people who come to comfort you as they are the true ones that love you at your lowest”
- Hephaestus

Agape placed the book down, tears rolling down her face. She didn’t know why she felt emotions for characters in a book but she had this strange inkling that these were her past lives, and that she made all kinds of memories. Inspired, Agape carefully put the frayed book on the side, making a note to finish it later. Now when she knew the worth of her memories and the importance of remembering, she shall write her story. Dipping her claw once more in the ink, Agape smiled thoughtfully and began to write…

@Mir just to ping you, I finished my entry :)
Username: Digimon11
Entry:

Tall rows of mahogany shelves line the library filled with frayed leatherback books and even the glossy covers of new reads. A long dragon sat in a desk tucked in the corner. Agape was not your ordinary dragon, she was born of a special race although she had forgotten over time what it was called. She gets reincarnated every century and at the end of her lifetime, she gets transported to this mysterious library to write down her memories. Every time Agape gets reincarnated get forgets a previous memory until now where she could barely even remember any memories worthwhile to her.

Agape lifted her massive claw and dipped it into the pot of red ink beside her. She touched the edge to the thick pages of the blank book before her and wrote something down. Suddenly, she ripped the pages out and crumpled it throwing it in the trash, where many rolled paper balls lay. She huffed, what was the point of writing something down when she won’t be able to remember it centuries from now. She slithered off the chair and wandered among the shelves, touching the thick leatherbacks of her memories.

Stopping at the oldest section, Agape stared thoughtfully at a section of books when something behind her made a thumping noise. She swirled around on edge even though she knew for certain she was the only one in this vast library. Spotting a rustic book before her, Agape carefully picked it up and read the cover, Short Stories by Amaterasu. From what Agape could remember, Amaterasu was the goddess of the sun, it was a wonder what her book was doing among Agape’s memories.

She looked at the rows of books before her, trying to find an empty shelf to put this book on and she realized there was no empty space. Surprised, Agape stared at the book for a second before deciding there was no harm in taking a break with writing, especially when she was so frustrated. Sitting down at the desk, feeling a lot calmer, Agape opened the ancient scroll and began to read…

Story 1: Amaterasu

It is funny how I add my story to the beginning as I am some special deity that should come first always. Despite that rumor, I am far from doing this to cement my name in history books. I just want You to remember and that’s why I start with my story, the one that is most memorable to me.

----

Amaterasu strolled along her sun palace observing the festivity below her. On earth, it was the day to celebrate the sun and the dragons, looking like little specs, frantically ran around. Amaterasu paused amused and went on her way, she should probably get ready for the festival herself. Every year for one day, Amaterasu allowed herself a break and to visit the mortal. On that day, the sun turns black and it is known as the eclipse.

She wore a black silk dress with accents of red and orange colors, also making sure to add a pair of sun earrings and her cuff which she never leaves the sun with. Getting on his carriage, she followed the rainbow bridge to Earth. Amaterasu always loved mortals so the thought of visiting them filled her with excitement. She stepped out of her carriage and almost fell back with the sight that beheld her.
Instead of the lush forest she was expecting, she saw a market with bustling dragons which barely paid her mind as they walked around. A few curious ones stared at her and her carriage for a second before moving on. Amaterasu snapped her fingers and quickly changed from her dress to her normal attire. It seemed as if they had forgotten about the day with no sun, which was supposed to be her day. The day where she was loved, and she can see that love in person.

At first, Amaterasu was filled with anger, how dare they forget her and turn this sacred place into a commercial area. Then she was just empty, devoid of all emotions as if her entire body consumed her feelings. She left the market and walked into the only forest she could see in the radius. Maybe being with nature would calm her mind. She was strolling down the path, trying to remember the good times and forget about the pain of being forgotten when she heard the sound of laughing.

Curious at who it will be, Amaterasu came upon a group of dragonets. “Are you sure this is how they did it?” asked the blue one to the orange one. The orange one replied, “Yes I’m sure. This is what my grandmother taught me” The orange dragon shuffled her wings, and called out, “Amaterasu, we call you hear to do a feast and to remember you for centuries to come as the sun that gave Earth warmth and love” Another dragonet, white in color, came out of the bushes, dressed in long robes and a name tag that said ‘Amaterasu’. “It is I” said the dragonet in a squeaky voice.

Amaterasu smiled and almost laughed at this representation of the great festivals. She walked forward to stand behind the white dragonet and cleared her throat. All three dragonets turned around quickly and stared at her for a second before their expression changed to awe. “Hello there, I am Amaterasu.”

---

“Often, we might be forgotten but remember among this world, there is at least one person who loves and cares about you. And that is yourself.”
- Amaterasu

Story 2: Hephaestus

I write this story down to show You love can take many forms and if you keep on following one way, you might miss the love that is already there.

---

Sparks flew as Hephaestus bashed the metal hammer against the glowing iron rod. Sweat dripped down his face as he metal-worked and the intense heat beat down on his body.

He was angry.

Hephaestus almost burned down his shop with rage but instead turned to his task at hand and channeled that rage into a tool. He was mocked and busied today, by the other dragons who believed themselves to be above a blacksmith, especially a crippled one. However, that wasn’t the reason he was furious, he had spotted his crush, the dainty flower shop owner among the crowd as insults were thrown at him and she was just standing there looking at him with pity.

The bells on his shop door chimed and Rose walked in. Rose was the flower shop owner in his town and she always gets visits from young dragons trying to catch her eye. Hephaestus always used to watch from the distance too afraid to say anything to her, in case she might be repelled by his character.

Hephaestus nodded, nervous. She was probably her to talk about what happened before, with all the insults. Immediately all the anger he felt at the would was replaced with shame. He opened his mouth to speak when…

“I would like to order a ring” Hephaestus paused with confusion, trying to make sense of what she was saying. “What do you need a ring for” he asked genuinely curious. She placed her claws on the side of her face in embarrassment, “I want to ask that new dragon in town, Ares to court me. Isn’t he just handsome?” She sighed as if she loved him deeply and turned back to Hephaestus, “so will you do it?”

Hephaestus was shocked, but he quickly put up a façade. “Sure, I can do it” he said disappointed and also betrayed. He knew Rose was never his to begin with, but the pain of losing the only beautiful thing in his life is somewhat hard to bear. “Come back in a week” Rose nodded and just like that, she was out of his life.
Hephaestus walked out after a moment, wallowing is self-pity and roamed the streets. He avoided the gazes of others, not letting the repulsiveness or pity bother him. Suddenly, Hephaestus bumped into something, and when he looked down, he spotted a half-soaked box. Opening it up, Hephaestus quickly fell back as a puppy flew from the box.

Holding the puppy in his hands, Hephaestus felt a sense of pity for this poor animal who was discarded on the side if she wasn’t worth anything, just like him. He got up with the puppy still in his hand and decided to go home. He will take care of this puppy so all she would know was love. And for the first time since months, Hephaestus smiled.

---

“Love is hidden in places you never expect and when one thing doesn’t work out for you, look at the people who come to comfort you as they are the true ones that love you at your lowest”
- Hephaestus

Agape placed the book down, tears rolling down her face. She didn’t know why she felt emotions for characters in a book but she had this strange inkling that these were her past lives, and that she made all kinds of memories. Inspired, Agape carefully put the frayed book on the side, making a note to finish it later. Now when she knew the worth of her memories and the importance of remembering, she shall write her story. Dipping her claw once more in the ink, Agape smiled thoughtfully and began to write…

@Mir just to ping you, I finished my entry :)
ldNLSdw.png
@Mir Username: Endyr Chosen dragon: Storge Entry: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/762335065459261461/767588283466907648/Flashbang.png[/img] [indent]Storge grew up in the Shifting Expanses Canyons, seemingly barred from[/indent] leaving Cenotaph's boundaries. Both physically, as she was never able to catch the wind to fly out of the canyon of Lantana Linn, and mentally, as it was deemed not safe for her or her nestmates. She always looked longingly towards the skies, narrowed by the canyon walls, and dreamed of flying towards the places beyond her canyonous home. She loved how powerful her father was- loved him dearly for all his quirks and charms but hated the shadow that fell upon her when she tried to be like him. Adam’s shadow was long, but Storge will become just like her father- proud of her looks, confident, and most importantly powerful, like him. She is determined that she will become like him. Storge was also cunning, much like her other parent. She fears the fact she will defy Adam by leaving, but knows it's a choice she will have to make. Storge looked at her satchel, and her gray cloak. This is the day she disembarks on her journey, she thought. Before taking a deep breath, and wandering the halls of the place she calls home. She found her other parent, Evike, seemingly waiting for her. “Hello Obi,” Storge called them an affectionate nickname, one that means parent in a foreign tongue. “Where’s Father? I need to speak with him urgently.” Evike tilted their head, with a knowing look in their eyes. “He’s in his study, my hatchling. What is so urgent?” Storge looked away. “I have to tell him something, Obi. I don’t want you to get in the way when I do….” She trailed off, guilt and sadness in her voice. She was closer with Evike than Adam, after all. “So, you're leaving then?” Evike chuckled, then hugged their much taller daughter. “I will miss you, but this is what you are meant to do, to leave this place, leave this canyon and better yourself.” Storge nodded, with tears in her eyes. Evike murmured very slightly towards her. “Stop your crying, child, he may not take you seriously if you are.” Arriving at his study she glared down her father in the face, interrupting one of his activities. Her father had been ignoring her, writing and looking over documents of sorts and with a sigh, he looked at Storge. “What do you want my dear child, I am busy-” "Father, I will be leaving. You cannot stop me from this. " She stood proud, interrupting him. Storge was trying to be eye level with him, albeit she was still young. Adam blinked, then sat his quill down. The look upon his maw was one of pure shock and then confusion. “Why my dearest daughter? I kept… I kept you and your nest siblings this time for a reason! I- didn’t I give you everything?” He approached, getting away from his writing. What exactly was this feeling? Hurt? "I refuse to be in your shadow any longer father. I wish to find my way in this world, and become just like you. I cannot do this while by your side." Storge continued to stand proud, her voice slightly quivering out of fear. She was always obedient of her father’s wishes, but no more. Adam grinned very softly, seeing her tenacity shine through. To stand him in the face and declare her intentions of defying him for her own dreams? She was ready to leave Cenotaph. “And? What shall you call yourself now, my dearest daughter?” “Ararinda. My name is Ararinda.” “Well, my dearest daughter Ararinda… I grant you permission to leave Rosslyn. “ Adam rumbled out, looking away. “Now go, before I change my mind.” Ararinda chuckled then. “If you did so father, I would fight you, tooth and claw, to leave.” She turned and left, with a final tail flick. “Goodbye father, I shall meet you again one day.” With that, the dragon once known as Storge, now Ararinda, was off to see a new dawn. ----- [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/762335065459261461/767598597142216724/Adventure.png[/img] [indent]Ararinda was running out of resources fast, and needed to find a place[/indent] to stay. She had been traveling for weeks now, still in the vast expanse. She soon noticed a Nomadic clan while she was flying, avoiding the lightning storm brewing. She slowly landed a bit away from this clan, and bowed once she met up with them. “Hello fellow travelers,” She spoke, looking up after her bow, sitting proudly in her slightly ragged cloak and with her Satchel at her side. The Skydancer that stepped forward was a mixture of rags and lightning, with seemingly the sky as her scales. “Hello, Stranger.” the skydancer spoke, her voice as smooth as silk. “Do you need anything? We might have spare resources.” Ararinda nodded, looking sheepishly deflated. “Well- yes. I’ve ran out of food and I would like some company.” The skydancer began to speak, but was cut off by a brown spiral adorned with gilded scales and bones.“Any well experienced traveler wouldn’t make such a silly mistake!” The skydancer looked at the spiral with a glare that expressed her emotions. “This is no time to make fun of others, Crotalus.” Ararinda glanced at the cleaver at Crotalus’ hip and nodded. “He’s right. I am… not experienced.” The skydancer smiled under her mask, and spoke. “Then join us for a bit, there is no harm in it.” Ararinda wasn't expecting much from this group, but soon she was settled in with the clan around a campfire. Most of them were as dark as the night, with glowing cyan adornments or even circuitry. She learnt that the Skydancer’s name was Lillith, and her eyes kept drifting towards a fae, with white scales and seemingly glitching eyes over her body that was playing with a Gloomwillow and a Sober Spirit. Ararinda looked at Lilith questioningly. “Who is she? She seems familiar.” “Her name is Xio. I haven’t a slightest clue as to why she’d be familiar to you.” Ararinda got up, to walk over to Xio. The fae looked over, not reacting much like any ordinary fae. Ararinda spoke first, looking at the Gloomwillow. “I have never seen a creature such as this before..” Xio rolled her eyes. “You’re interested in the Gloomwillow and not my appearance?” Ararinda let out a burst of laughter. “It is not my place to judge others, fellow traveler.” Xio looked at Ararinda before nodding quietly. “You're a descendant too, aren't you?” “Aye, I am. We are family then, correct?” “I.. assume so. Where are you from then, fellow glitched?” “... I am from Lantana Linn. You?” “Shanokia. A place that's too peaceful in my opinion… too smothering.” Xio shivered, thinking of her overprotective parents. “I fled for the same reason.” She replied. “But I wish to become a leader much like my father.” “I wish you luck then.” Xio looked back at her familiars, but her frills were relaxed. Ararinda grinned, slowly realizing she made her first friend outside of the clan, albeit a cousin of sorts. Ararinda spent a week with Lilith and her nomadic clan, learning ways to survive off the land and tips from the snarky spiral Crotalus that took interest when she said she is traveling the world. Ararinda spoke of where she wants to head next, “I’ve always been in the Expanse- I would love to head towards the Southern Icefield.” O'oraila piped up, Cackling softly. “Ara! I can sail you there~ There’s no trouble if I take a little journey!” Ararinda nodded, smiling. “Please do my friend, I would be honored to sail with you.” ----- [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/762335065459261461/771541571979313152/Deceptive_white_clouds_called_snow.png[/img] [indent]Sailing to the Southern Icefields left a bittersweet taste in her mouth, wishing [/indent]good luck and goodbye to the dragons Ararinda befriended. She turned towards the Icy expanse and inhaled, taking in the crisp cold air. Alone, Ararinda slowly smiled. She’s never been alone before, nor has she seen snow. She jumped up in the air, twirling about as she rejoiced and played in the snow, giggling. This wasn't cold, far from it. It was an enjoyable experience after being in a scorching desert all her life. Ararinda burrowed into the thick snow again. Soon, her hubris caught up with her. She grew cold. And hungry. She was playing around and enjoying herself in the ice fields, not realizing that the cold would eventually affect her. Ararinda began to travel with chattering teeth and shaking body in a random direction, hoping she'd find civilization in the frigid conditions. She was humbled by the white fluffy blanket of deception that is snow. Out of sheer luck, she arrived at a travel station among the snow laden pine forest. She smiled as soon as she entered, the crackling of the hearth warmed her up. She missed being warm. She looked at her supplies, then at the counter with a skydancer cooking food. She smiled at the smaller dragon, then laid down some treasure on the table. “I would like to purchase a hot meal and drink please.” She spoke, lowering her hood. The skydancer grinned, and started babbling about what they had to offer today, and Ararinda thought for a bit. “I will take… stew with apple cider.” She murmured, sitting down at the bar. It was apparent this was the locals meetup place, Ararinda soon realized as the amount of dragons started to increase. She was eating slowly, contemplating what she should do next when she heard someone sit down next to her. She turned her head to see a masked stranger sit down next to her. A large ice colored imperial sat next to her. “A stranger in these parts eh? You’re a bit cold aren't ya, lass?” He spoke, tilting his head towards the poorly clothed Ararinda. “I quite am, but it was my fault for not preparing properly… I have more coin however.” A hearty laugh escaped the imperial grinning. “Do you need help picking out gear then, lass?” She nodded. “Yes.” After her meal, she was helped by the joyful imperial in picking out different supplies while she stayed in the Icewarden’s domain. She gained a set of ice appropriate traveling gear and food that would last, plus some other miscellaneous supplies. Ararinda asked a question, looking at the icy imperial. “Anything strange happening around here then?” The imperial considered for a moment, then flicked his tail. “Lass, there was a giant meteor shower that fell over the icefields a few months ago. Ever since then, an aurora has been seen every night northeast of here.” Ararindas eyes widened at the information. “Thank you, I shall investigate it.” She grinned a smiled, “in the morning, of course.” The imperial let out a chuckle. “I wish you luck, lass, try not to get yourself frozen.” The next day, after another warm meal, Ararinda was off to investigate northeast of the outpost. The information was tantalizing to her. As she trudged in the snow her mind wondered about what it could be. A magical artifact? Another naomi descendant like herself? Something… Powerful? She slyly grinned. She sunk into a snow filled crater, then another. Looking for whatever it was… Until she came face to face with a pink wildclaw with a very, very sharp spear pointed at her throat. She recoiled back a bit, bowing. “I apologize for intruding sir- I mean no harm.” The wildclaw also hastily recoiled back, then relaxed. “No- it is quite alright I feared you were a creature who meant harm!” Ararinda rose up from her bow, tilting her head. “You were doing what is necessary, I understand… sir…..” “Nioko. My name is Nioko.” “Sir Nioko.” Nioko coughed before turning around, walking towards a very hastily made shelter- and obvious construction was going on around. Ararinda followed, observing the mess. It was… quite disorganized. “We apologize for the mess, we had an accident and… our previous home… blew up.” He let out a mournful sigh. Ararinda looked around, seeing the flurry of activity of a clan desperately trying to rebuild, but spirits were far from dampened. All of the dragons of this clan were working together. An obvious close bond. But what, or who, could be managing this mess of a clan? “What is this clan's name?” She asked, interested. Nioko replied, walking into the shelter. “Lantern Forest will be its name soon enough. Synda! We have a guest!” He shouted into the tent, and a calm, yet meek coatl soon emerged in tow of Nioko. She seemed to be all of the shades of the ocean's waters. “Welcome to the remnants of the Lantern Clan,” The coat spoke in a soft voice. “My name is Synda, co leader with Nioko.” Ah. That's it. In Ararinda’s mind it clicked. This clan is disorganized but loyal to these two. “It is lovely to meet you both, my name is Ararinda-” There was a loud boom nearby and the trio turned to look at two star covered fae causing a mess. Synda turned before going over to scold the two… and Ararinda picked up their names. Redrin and Seranus. Seranus had a striking similarity to Xiomari from Tempest Wing. She kept note of that. A little later into the night, Ararinda was relaxing into a shelter set up- she asked to spend a few days to rest in Lantern. She hummed to herself, reading a book she found. She was quite into this work of fiction when a quiet voice popped up out of nowhere. “Hello travelling Unnie- are you enjoying your book enough to ignore anyone tryin’ ta get your attention?” She was startled, looking over from the book suddenly to meet the eyes of that tiny fae- Seranus- with white scales and a constellation covering his wings. He wore a bandana at the top of his head, with a piece of starsilk wrapped around his upper neck and seemingly ever blooming flowers wrapped around the lower part, near his shoulders. She flicked her tail, reigning her composure. “Yes, you are interrupting a good part of it.. Seranus was it.” Seranus giggled slightly, flying over to perch on her folded wing. “What's so fun about that book? I wanted to spend time with one of my unnies. It’s not everyday when one of us walks in not masking their presence.” Ararinda looked over at him, narrowing her eyes. “You can tell?” "Of course. It's hard to hide glitched blood from those who can sense it!" He chirped out, climbing higher. “I inherited it from my mother in Shanokia! She’s very good with such abilities.” "You... read energies?" "Precisely!" The small fae chirped. “Plus also a side of Invisibility. It wasn’t your fault for not noticing me.” Ararinda blinked before laughing. “I must visit this Shanokia one day. Tell me, who is your mother? You remind me of someone I've met on my travels from here. Xiomari?” “Little Xio? You found her? She’s my sister who went missing!” Seranus exclaimed, happily. “IS she alright? Oh please tell me-” With that, Ararinda told Seranus about her adventure thus far, and who she is. Seranus listened intently, then grinned. “I can tell you the location of Shanokia if you want to head there after your visit here.” She shook her head. “I still want to travel first. I’d still enjoy knowing where it is though.” Seranus chirped, then sat near her claws, taking one and shaking it. “You got a deal! Visit and say hi to mom for me okay?” She grinned, nodding. “Of course my new friend.” The days she stayed at Lantern Forest soon flew by, and she soon got antsy wanting to depart. She waved goodbye before setting off once more, flying up into the clear sky. Onto a new adventure, hopeful to find a place to call her own. ----- [indent]Ararinda continued her journey until she felt the winds, and her soul pull her[/indent] towards the Windsingers' domain so strongly that she couldn't ignore it any longer. She was heading towards the famed clan of Shanokia, the elusive clan her friends had talked about or came from. She continued to fly, the feeling of wind under her wings normal now. She flew towards the crescendo, twirling in the air laughing. She soon felt a pull towards the Reedcleft Ascent- where the bamboo was in bloom once again. She swooped down, slowly tucking her wings as she followed what her soul- her shade and glitch told her to go. Among the bamboo, trees soon began to appear. Transplanted from the Viridian Labyrinth itself, these trees blocked out the harshness of the sun, but still let enough light through. She soon came upon a clearing, feeling pulled towards a house there. Soon enough, she felt… another one of her kind behind her, and she turned. It was then it was obvious she was being watched from the trees, with a crowd of well camouflaged dragons among the branches. The one she was pulled to, however, was a brightly yellow colored fae. The shade within her clawed, trying to get her away from the oddly dazzling fae. “Who are you?” The fae spoke, flying towards her, oddly expressional with his voice. “I am Ararinda.” She purred out, looking back at the hut. “This cannot be all of what I was told to find.” A fae poked her head out of the window, a naomi colored fae with swirling arcane eyes and mesmerizing starsilks. The fae nodded towards the yellow fae, as if to confirm something. “She’s one of us.” “You’re Ararinda? We were told to expect you.” He lowered his guard, smiling. “Welcome, cousin. I am Java, a son of Mara. And you? I can tell you’re the daughter of Adam.” Ararinda flicked her tail, turning her head. “So what? Are you going to not let me stay due to it?!” Java shook his head, flying up to her nose and sitting on her snout. “Quite the contrary. You have been given passage here.” Ararinda nodded, slowly looking around. “So where is….” her voice trailed off as it felt like a fog was lifted from her mind, and she stared into a cavern where there was nothing but bamboo and trees. Illusion magic to the highest degree, powered by those of the Gatekeepers blood. Ararinda was in awe of the cavern, of the various dragons whose blood sang with Shade, with the beast's blood, and with Naomi’s blood herself. Java grinned before flying back into the trees, disappearing as a Coatl born of wind, approached. “Welcome to Shanokia, wayward child. I am the one who maintains this great illusion around our home, Vulonlok. They call me the Matriarch, but I am anything but that.” Ararindas eyes widened as she stepped foot into Shanokia’s cavernous mouth. The cavern, once inside,was tremendous. Several large imperials walked about, not even close to the ceiling. Lush trees grew everywhere, and even a river ran through the cavern with a bridge crossing it. Houses dotted along the walls of the cavern, with balconies hanging every which way for landing. Some places were dug out- long hallways of various sizes and roosts for fae and spirals too. Greater still, Shanokia had an artificial sky maintained by a powerful disciple of the Arcanist, lights provided by a disciple of the Lightweaver and powered by a disciple of Stormcatcher. A marketplace, run by various council members is always busy with dragons of various allied clans walking about. This clan was peaceful, a safe haven for her kind yet tension was heavy in the air, past the facade of kindness, peace, and prosperity. There was a war brewing, she was sure of it. What luck, that she stumbles upon a clan with no true leader. She bowed her head towards Vulonlok, walking past several homes. Ararinda finally removed her hood from her face, smiling towards the coatl. “I thank you for welcoming me into your clan, Vulonlok. I am Ararinda, daughter of Adam.” And in her heart, Ararinda spoke silently. She shall become the leader of this place, and follow in her father's footsteps, after all. ----- [center]Acknowledgements[/center] [center]Maplematcha, for helping me by bouncing ideas off of her Corvyssal, for beta reading and letting me borrow Clan Tempest Wing RedSiren, for moral support and letting me borrow Lantern Forest[/center]
@Mir
Username: Endyr
Chosen dragon: Storge
Entry:
Flashbang.png
Storge grew up in the Shifting Expanses Canyons, seemingly barred from
leaving Cenotaph's boundaries. Both physically, as she was never able to catch the wind to fly out of the canyon of Lantana Linn, and mentally, as it was deemed not safe for her or her nestmates. She always looked longingly towards the skies, narrowed by the canyon walls, and dreamed of flying towards the places beyond her canyonous home.
She loved how powerful her father was- loved him dearly for all his quirks and charms but hated the shadow that fell upon her when she tried to be like him.
Adam’s shadow was long, but Storge will become just like her father- proud of her looks, confident, and most importantly powerful, like him. She is determined that she will become like him. Storge was also cunning, much like her other parent.
She fears the fact she will defy Adam by leaving, but knows it's a choice she will have to make. Storge looked at her satchel, and her gray cloak. This is the day she disembarks on her journey, she thought. Before taking a deep breath, and wandering the halls of the place she calls home.
She found her other parent, Evike, seemingly waiting for her.
“Hello Obi,” Storge called them an affectionate nickname, one that means parent in a foreign tongue. “Where’s Father? I need to speak with him urgently.”
Evike tilted their head, with a knowing look in their eyes. “He’s in his study, my hatchling. What is so urgent?”
Storge looked away. “I have to tell him something, Obi. I don’t want you to get in the way when I do….” She trailed off, guilt and sadness in her voice. She was closer with Evike than Adam, after all.
“So, you're leaving then?” Evike chuckled, then hugged their much taller daughter. “I will miss you, but this is what you are meant to do, to leave this place, leave this canyon and better yourself.”
Storge nodded, with tears in her eyes. Evike murmured very slightly towards her. “Stop your crying, child, he may not take you seriously if you are.”

Arriving at his study she glared down her father in the face, interrupting one of his activities. Her father had been ignoring her, writing and looking over documents of sorts and with a sigh, he looked at Storge. “What do you want my dear child, I am busy-”

"Father, I will be leaving. You cannot stop me from this. " She stood proud, interrupting him. Storge was trying to be eye level with him, albeit she was still young.
Adam blinked, then sat his quill down. The look upon his maw was one of pure shock and then confusion. “Why my dearest daughter? I kept… I kept you and your nest siblings this time for a reason! I- didn’t I give you everything?” He approached, getting away from his writing. What exactly was this feeling? Hurt?

"I refuse to be in your shadow any longer father. I wish to find my way in this world, and become just like you. I cannot do this while by your side." Storge continued to stand proud, her voice slightly quivering out of fear. She was always obedient of her father’s wishes, but no more.

Adam grinned very softly, seeing her tenacity shine through. To stand him in the face and declare her intentions of defying him for her own dreams? She was ready to leave Cenotaph.
“And? What shall you call yourself now, my dearest daughter?”

“Ararinda. My name is Ararinda.”

“Well, my dearest daughter Ararinda… I grant you permission to leave Rosslyn. “ Adam rumbled out, looking away. “Now go, before I change my mind.”
Ararinda chuckled then. “If you did so father, I would fight you, tooth and claw, to leave.”

She turned and left, with a final tail flick. “Goodbye father, I shall meet you again one day.”
With that, the dragon once known as Storge, now Ararinda, was off to see a new dawn.

Adventure.png
Ararinda was running out of resources fast, and needed to find a place
to stay. She had been traveling for weeks now, still in the vast expanse. She soon noticed a Nomadic clan while she was flying, avoiding the lightning storm brewing. She slowly landed a bit away from this clan, and bowed once she met up with them.
“Hello fellow travelers,” She spoke, looking up after her bow, sitting proudly in her slightly ragged cloak and with her Satchel at her side.
The Skydancer that stepped forward was a mixture of rags and lightning, with seemingly the sky as her scales. “Hello, Stranger.” the skydancer spoke, her voice as smooth as silk. “Do you need anything? We might have spare resources.”
Ararinda nodded, looking sheepishly deflated. “Well- yes. I’ve ran out of food and I would like some company.”
The skydancer began to speak, but was cut off by a brown spiral adorned with gilded scales and bones.“Any well experienced traveler wouldn’t make such a silly mistake!”
The skydancer looked at the spiral with a glare that expressed her emotions. “This is no time to make fun of others, Crotalus.”
Ararinda glanced at the cleaver at Crotalus’ hip and nodded. “He’s right. I am… not experienced.”
The skydancer smiled under her mask, and spoke. “Then join us for a bit, there is no harm in it.”
Ararinda wasn't expecting much from this group, but soon she was settled in with the clan around a campfire. Most of them were as dark as the night, with glowing cyan adornments or even circuitry. She learnt that the Skydancer’s name was Lillith, and her eyes kept drifting towards a fae, with white scales and seemingly glitching eyes over her body that was playing with a Gloomwillow and a Sober Spirit.
Ararinda looked at Lilith questioningly. “Who is she? She seems familiar.”
“Her name is Xio. I haven’t a slightest clue as to why she’d be familiar to you.”

Ararinda got up, to walk over to Xio. The fae looked over, not reacting much like any ordinary fae. Ararinda spoke first, looking at the Gloomwillow. “I have never seen a creature such as this before..”
Xio rolled her eyes. “You’re interested in the Gloomwillow and not my appearance?”
Ararinda let out a burst of laughter. “It is not my place to judge others, fellow traveler.”
Xio looked at Ararinda before nodding quietly. “You're a descendant too, aren't you?”
“Aye, I am. We are family then, correct?”
“I.. assume so. Where are you from then, fellow glitched?”
“... I am from Lantana Linn. You?”
“Shanokia. A place that's too peaceful in my opinion… too smothering.” Xio shivered, thinking of her overprotective parents.
“I fled for the same reason.” She replied. “But I wish to become a leader much like my father.”
“I wish you luck then.” Xio looked back at her familiars, but her frills were relaxed.
Ararinda grinned, slowly realizing she made her first friend outside of the clan, albeit a cousin of sorts.

Ararinda spent a week with Lilith and her nomadic clan, learning ways to survive off the land and tips from the snarky spiral Crotalus that took interest when she said she is traveling the world.
Ararinda spoke of where she wants to head next, “I’ve always been in the Expanse- I would love to head towards the Southern Icefield.”

O'oraila piped up, Cackling softly. “Ara! I can sail you there~ There’s no trouble if I take a little journey!”

Ararinda nodded, smiling. “Please do my friend, I would be honored to sail with you.”

Deceptive_white_clouds_called_snow.png
Sailing to the Southern Icefields left a bittersweet taste in her mouth, wishing
good luck and goodbye to the dragons Ararinda befriended. She turned towards the Icy expanse and inhaled, taking in the crisp cold air.
Alone, Ararinda slowly smiled. She’s never been alone before, nor has she seen snow. She jumped up in the air, twirling about as she rejoiced and played in the snow, giggling. This wasn't cold, far from it. It was an enjoyable experience after being in a scorching desert all her life. Ararinda burrowed into the thick snow again.
Soon, her hubris caught up with her. She grew cold. And hungry. She was playing around and enjoying herself in the ice fields, not realizing that the cold would eventually affect her.
Ararinda began to travel with chattering teeth and shaking body in a random direction, hoping she'd find civilization in the frigid conditions. She was humbled by the white fluffy blanket of deception that is snow.
Out of sheer luck, she arrived at a travel station among the snow laden pine forest.
She smiled as soon as she entered, the crackling of the hearth warmed her up. She missed being warm. She looked at her supplies, then at the counter with a skydancer cooking food. She smiled at the smaller dragon, then laid down some treasure on the table.
“I would like to purchase a hot meal and drink please.” She spoke, lowering her hood.
The skydancer grinned, and started babbling about what they had to offer today, and Ararinda thought for a bit.
“I will take… stew with apple cider.” She murmured, sitting down at the bar.
It was apparent this was the locals meetup place, Ararinda soon realized as the amount of dragons started to increase. She was eating slowly, contemplating what she should do next when she heard someone sit down next to her.
She turned her head to see a masked stranger sit down next to her.
A large ice colored imperial sat next to her.
“A stranger in these parts eh? You’re a bit cold aren't ya, lass?” He spoke, tilting his head towards the poorly clothed Ararinda.
“I quite am, but it was my fault for not preparing properly… I have more coin however.”
A hearty laugh escaped the imperial grinning. “Do you need help picking out gear then, lass?”
She nodded. “Yes.”
After her meal, she was helped by the joyful imperial in picking out different supplies while she stayed in the Icewarden’s domain.
She gained a set of ice appropriate traveling gear and food that would last, plus some other miscellaneous supplies.
Ararinda asked a question, looking at the icy imperial. “Anything strange happening around here then?”

The imperial considered for a moment, then flicked his tail. “Lass, there was a giant meteor shower that fell over the icefields a few months ago. Ever since then, an aurora has been seen every night northeast of here.”

Ararindas eyes widened at the information. “Thank you, I shall investigate it.” She grinned a smiled, “in the morning, of course.”

The imperial let out a chuckle. “I wish you luck, lass, try not to get yourself frozen.”

The next day, after another warm meal, Ararinda was off to investigate northeast of the outpost. The information was tantalizing to her. As she trudged in the snow her mind wondered about what it could be. A magical artifact? Another naomi descendant like herself? Something… Powerful? She slyly grinned. She sunk into a snow filled crater, then another. Looking for whatever it was… Until she came face to face with a pink wildclaw with a very, very sharp spear pointed at her throat. She recoiled back a bit, bowing. “I apologize for intruding sir- I mean no harm.”
The wildclaw also hastily recoiled back, then relaxed. “No- it is quite alright I feared you were a creature who meant harm!”
Ararinda rose up from her bow, tilting her head. “You were doing what is necessary, I understand… sir…..”

“Nioko. My name is Nioko.”

“Sir Nioko.”
Nioko coughed before turning around, walking towards a very hastily made shelter- and obvious construction was going on around. Ararinda followed, observing the mess. It was… quite disorganized.
“We apologize for the mess, we had an accident and… our previous home… blew up.” He let out a mournful sigh.

Ararinda looked around, seeing the flurry of activity of a clan desperately trying to rebuild, but spirits were far from dampened. All of the dragons of this clan were working together. An obvious close bond. But what, or who, could be managing this mess of a clan?

“What is this clan's name?” She asked, interested.

Nioko replied, walking into the shelter. “Lantern Forest will be its name soon enough. Synda! We have a guest!” He shouted into the tent, and a calm, yet meek coatl soon emerged in tow of Nioko. She seemed to be all of the shades of the ocean's waters.

“Welcome to the remnants of the Lantern Clan,” The coat spoke in a soft voice. “My name is Synda, co leader with Nioko.”
Ah. That's it. In Ararinda’s mind it clicked. This clan is disorganized but loyal to these two.
“It is lovely to meet you both, my name is Ararinda-”
There was a loud boom nearby and the trio turned to look at two star covered fae causing a mess. Synda turned before going over to scold the two… and Ararinda picked up their names. Redrin and Seranus. Seranus had a striking similarity to Xiomari from Tempest Wing. She kept note of that.

A little later into the night, Ararinda was relaxing into a shelter set up- she asked to spend a few days to rest in Lantern. She hummed to herself, reading a book she found. She was quite into this work of fiction when a quiet voice popped up out of nowhere.
“Hello travelling Unnie- are you enjoying your book enough to ignore anyone tryin’ ta get your attention?”
She was startled, looking over from the book suddenly to meet the eyes of that tiny fae- Seranus- with white scales and a constellation covering his wings. He wore a bandana at the top of his head, with a piece of starsilk wrapped around his upper neck and seemingly ever blooming flowers wrapped around the lower part, near his shoulders.
She flicked her tail, reigning her composure. “Yes, you are interrupting a good part of it.. Seranus was it.”
Seranus giggled slightly, flying over to perch on her folded wing. “What's so fun about that book? I wanted to spend time with one of my unnies. It’s not everyday when one of us walks in not masking their presence.”
Ararinda looked over at him, narrowing her eyes. “You can tell?”
"Of course. It's hard to hide glitched blood from those who can sense it!" He chirped out, climbing higher. “I inherited it from my mother in Shanokia! She’s very good with such abilities.”

"You... read energies?"

"Precisely!" The small fae chirped. “Plus also a side of Invisibility. It wasn’t your fault for not noticing me.”

Ararinda blinked before laughing. “I must visit this Shanokia one day. Tell me, who is your mother? You remind me of someone I've met on my travels from here. Xiomari?”

“Little Xio? You found her? She’s my sister who went missing!” Seranus exclaimed, happily. “IS she alright? Oh please tell me-”

With that, Ararinda told Seranus about her adventure thus far, and who she is. Seranus listened intently, then grinned.
“I can tell you the location of Shanokia if you want to head there after your visit here.”

She shook her head. “I still want to travel first. I’d still enjoy knowing where it is though.”

Seranus chirped, then sat near her claws, taking one and shaking it. “You got a deal! Visit and say hi to mom for me okay?”

She grinned, nodding. “Of course my new friend.”
The days she stayed at Lantern Forest soon flew by, and she soon got antsy wanting to depart. She waved goodbye before setting off once more, flying up into the clear sky. Onto a new adventure, hopeful to find a place to call her own.
Ararinda continued her journey until she felt the winds, and her soul pull her
towards the Windsingers' domain so strongly that she couldn't ignore it any longer. She was heading towards the famed clan of Shanokia, the elusive clan her friends had talked about or came from. She continued to fly, the feeling of wind under her wings normal now. She flew towards the crescendo, twirling in the air laughing. She soon felt a pull towards the Reedcleft Ascent- where the bamboo was in bloom once again. She swooped down, slowly tucking her wings as she followed what her soul- her shade and glitch told her to go. Among the bamboo, trees soon began to appear. Transplanted from the Viridian Labyrinth itself, these trees blocked out the harshness of the sun, but still let enough light through. She soon came upon a clearing, feeling pulled towards a house there. Soon enough, she felt… another one of her kind behind her, and she turned. It was then it was obvious she was being watched from the trees, with a crowd of well camouflaged dragons among the branches. The one she was pulled to, however, was a brightly yellow colored fae. The shade within her clawed, trying to get her away from the oddly dazzling fae.
“Who are you?” The fae spoke, flying towards her, oddly expressional with his voice.
“I am Ararinda.” She purred out, looking back at the hut. “This cannot be all of what I was told to find.”
A fae poked her head out of the window, a naomi colored fae with swirling arcane eyes and mesmerizing starsilks.
The fae nodded towards the yellow fae, as if to confirm something. “She’s one of us.”
“You’re Ararinda? We were told to expect you.” He lowered his guard, smiling. “Welcome, cousin. I am Java, a son of Mara. And you? I can tell you’re the daughter of Adam.”

Ararinda flicked her tail, turning her head. “So what? Are you going to not let me stay due to it?!”
Java shook his head, flying up to her nose and sitting on her snout. “Quite the contrary. You have been given passage here.”

Ararinda nodded, slowly looking around. “So where is….” her voice trailed off as it felt like a fog was lifted from her mind, and she stared into a cavern where there was nothing but bamboo and trees. Illusion magic to the highest degree, powered by those of the Gatekeepers blood. Ararinda was in awe of the cavern, of the various dragons whose blood sang with Shade, with the beast's blood, and with Naomi’s blood herself.

Java grinned before flying back into the trees, disappearing as a Coatl born of wind, approached. “Welcome to Shanokia, wayward child. I am the one who maintains this great illusion around our home, Vulonlok. They call me the Matriarch, but I am anything but that.”

Ararindas eyes widened as she stepped foot into Shanokia’s cavernous mouth. The cavern, once inside,was tremendous. Several large imperials walked about, not even close to the ceiling. Lush trees grew everywhere, and even a river ran through the cavern with a bridge crossing it. Houses dotted along the walls of the cavern, with balconies hanging every which way for landing. Some places were dug out- long hallways of various sizes and roosts for fae and spirals too. Greater still, Shanokia had an artificial sky maintained by a powerful disciple of the Arcanist, lights provided by a disciple of the Lightweaver and powered by a disciple of Stormcatcher. A marketplace, run by various council members is always busy with dragons of various allied clans walking about.

This clan was peaceful, a safe haven for her kind yet tension was heavy in the air, past the facade of kindness, peace, and prosperity. There was a war brewing, she was sure of it.
What luck, that she stumbles upon a clan with no true leader. She bowed her head towards Vulonlok, walking past several homes. Ararinda finally removed her hood from her face, smiling towards the coatl.
“I thank you for welcoming me into your clan, Vulonlok. I am Ararinda, daughter of Adam.”

And in her heart, Ararinda spoke silently. She shall become the leader of this place, and follow in her father's footsteps, after all.

Acknowledgements
Maplematcha, for helping me by bouncing ideas off of her
Corvyssal, for beta reading and letting me borrow Clan Tempest Wing
RedSiren, for moral support and letting me borrow Lantern Forest
Endyr || 23 || She/They || FR+3
Username: MapleMatcha Chosen dragon: Eros Entry: [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/hsynqVU.png[/img][/center] [center][color=#686868][size=5][font=Georgia][b]The Tale of Eros[/center] [center][color=#686868][size=4][font=Georgia][b]E[/b]ros let out a sigh as he absentmindedly stared into the small campfire before him. It had been several years since he had left his home and arrived in this village within the Tangled Wood. This was a rare moment of solitude for him, he had tried to ensure that no one would interrupt him while he took time to himself outside of Sanctuary’s mighty walls, but now he was beginning to regret his choice. He was not used to being alone so late at night, so he didn’t quite know what to make of it. “Hello?” asked a voice from behind him, that seemed much younger than he. “What’s going on? You seem like you have been through some rough times.” said the dragon, emerging from a nearby shrub, revealing themselves to be one of the older Fae hatchlings that had arrived within Clan Sanctuary recently. His bright blue and indigo scales complimented the land he lived within, and his purple eyes were gleaming with curiosity. “My name is Eros,” replied the tired Imperial, “I believe we have never met before, am I correct?” He hesitated for a moment. Did the hatchling know not to bother him? Or did he ignore the warning he sent out across Sanctuary and came to visit him anyway? “My name is [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64532860]Marlais[/url],” the small fae spoke as he settled himself by Eros’ campfire. He looked up at the tightly knit canopy of pine and spruce above them. “I was born in this land, and grew up here in Sanctuary. I have felt for some time now that I should always remain in the land of my birthplace, albeit far from this location.” He looked around at his surroundings, taking in the night air. “Like you, I am very fond of these woods. I never knew my parents all that well. Mother was a gatekeeper, Father was a shell of his former self. That’s all that I know.” Eros felt a twinge of sympathy for the small fae. He couldn’t imagine what it must have been like to grow up with two such different parents, but he was rather glad that Marlais was so sure of his place in the world, despite his young age. It was a rather different situation than the one that he had faced several years before, the day he arrived in the Tangled Wood. Eros looked down at Marlais, noticing he wore a forlorn expression. Startled, Eros tried to come up with something to distract Marlais from his inner sorrow. “Would you like to hear a story?” Eros asked. Marlais nodded, solemnly. Eros let out a sigh. “Alright. It all began several years ago, in a region called Lantana Linn...” [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/qzUcxb8.png[/img][/center] [center][color=#686868][size=4][font=Georgia]The air was thunderous, the atmosphere was suffocating, the wind was unrelenting. The Shifting Expanse was no stranger to these harsh conditions, but the storm burdened winds were much less humid here than in the tropical downpours taking place further to the north. Eros often wondered if that was the reason why his father decided to settle in this place, but he knew he would never understand. The windows of their home, reinforced and made to withstand such weather, even dared to rattle slightly. If Eros was indeed underneath different circumstances, he would have taken this moment to fly into the storm, daring to take on the forces of nature on his own-! But not today. “... and this, in turn, summarizes the limitations and ethical boundaries that one must not cross while in the throes of setting a trap." Evike let out a long sigh as they clapped the dust-laden book shut. "Why do they have to make this so drawn out? It isn't that hard to set a good trap. Maybe tomorrow I can show you some good examples, Eros... Eros? Were you paying attention?" That alone was enough to break Eros' trance-like focus upon the ongoing storm. "Yes, of course." He knew that Evike would see through his excuse, and it was evident that they did, seeing as they were approaching him with a specific look they gained whenever frustrated. "Eros, answer me and give the truthful answer this time." They leaned in towards him. "Were you paying attention?" He knew that he could not fight the inevitable. "You are right, I was not. The storm transfixed me and distracted me from your lesson. I am sorry." Eros answered as quietly as he could, knowing that there would be nothing to make Evike any less disappointed than they were now. Evike groaned, looking towards the window alongside their son. "Your siblings have long since left on their paths outside of our clan, my dear. Each of them going out and making a name for themselves all around our world." They glanced downward, making eye contact with Eros. "Do you not wish for this?" "Listen," he spluttered out, "if it was my choice I would have left long ago if it weren't for him keeping me here for.. for training! I know that I lack some strengths that the others have, and I am extremely aware that I become ill easily... but I feel like I'm ready now. It's time for me to face the world." Evike's tone grew concerned. "And do you wish for this... now? Eros, you are the only one left. You've become his main concern, all he does is try to ensure that you're ready. Are you sure you want to leave?" "With all of my being, yes." "Then I have no choice but to give you what you beg for." Evike swiftly made their way to the entrance of the door and motioned for Eros to follow. Nervously, Eros left where he was previously seated and joined Evike as they strode down the corridor in silence. After some moments of silent travel, the pair arrived at Evike's apparent destination. Glancing at their son, Evike solemnly tossed him a sheathed blade from a concealed pocket within their overcoat. His old training knife. "What for?" Eros choked on his words, nervously fumbling the knife into a pocket on his person. "Trust me, you will need this." Evike gave him one last look, and then a brief hug. "Be safe. I know you can do this." Before Eros could question what they meant, Evike gave a sharp knock on the door before them. "You have a visitor, darling!" they called out. And with that, they left Eros at the mercy of whatever lay behind the heavy wooden door, as it swung open ominously before him. Hesitantly, he entered the room. Dimly lit, skillfully carved oaken shelves abundant with books that appeared to be of another era. Artifacts of questionable origin are displayed upon the walls, along with a shelf of dried herbs residing within miniature glass vials. Maps and relics of all sorts were scattered about the room, and in the center was a desk. The person behind the desk, however, was his father, who quickly noticed his sudden appearance. "Eros..? My son, what has you troubled? Dismay is spread out over your precious face. Please, sit down, would you care for some tea? Would some incense soothe your nerves? It's strange, you came to my second study.. normally I am not interfered with here unless it is an emergency. And thankfully, nothing [i]is[/i] wrong. Correct?" Eros paled. His father, Adam, had always been keen to strengthen him. Eros never chose to be born the way he was, frail and more susceptible to illness than most. Out of his siblings, Adam tended to train him the most. He did not intend to shield Eros from the world, however, it did not appear as if he intended for Eros to depart until he believed that he had taught all that he could. Nevertheless, deep down, Eros knew that he could not stay within the boundaries of Rosslyn for much longer. "Father, I need to have a word with you." Eros began to feel more and more apprehensive. He believed that Adam would be very startled at the sudden choice, what father wouldn't be, but there was no going back now. Was this the right decision? "One moment," Adam took extra care when placing down the cup of tea on the side table next to Eros' chair. "Start again?" He took a sip from his glass, contentedly reclining in his chair once more. "I know that you have always taken great measures to ready me for the outside world." "Yes, you were born much more.. frail of body, than your siblings. Naturally, I should be the one to help you be ready for the dangers that will inevitably be faced beyond Lantana Linn and Rosslyn for that matter. Am I correct?" Eros took a moment to place the teacup back onto its dish, as he had felt the urge to take a brief sip of the herbal brew as his father went on describing his views. "Yes, you are correct. But you also realize that I cannot remain here forever, yes? There has to be a limit to," he took a moment to wave his left arm upward and around. "This." Adam narrowed his eyes. "Are you proposing what I think you are?" "With all due respect, father, I assume that it is time that I leave." To Eros' astonishment, Adam did not appear to be taken aback in the slightest. He briefly saw a twinge of sorrow in his father's eyes, but it was quickly replaced by a look of admiration. Steadiness. Whatever emotion growing rapidly inside his father's heart was contained within his mind now, Eros concluded. “I always knew this day would come, Eros.” Eros didn’t know where to start and began stammering over his words. “You did..?” Adam let a grin claim dominance over his former scowl. “Precisely. And that is why we are going to do [i]this[/i].” Before Eros could begin to think about what his father meant by “this”, Adam quickly pulled a sheathed sword outward from within his desk and pointed the tip of the covered weapon at Eros. “If you think you are ready for whatever you may face out there, then you will have zero trouble besting me in a duel. Correct?” Eros then realized exactly why Evike had given him the knife moments prior. The two of them had likely been planning this moment out for weeks. He inwardly groaned at the prospect of facing his father, but quickly realized that this was not something that he could run from easily. “Fine. If that’s what you wish, I’ll indulge in your proposal.” He then drew the sheathed blade from the jacket pocket he had awkwardly shoved it in mere minutes ago. “Just know that I will not go down easily.” Adam grinned. Eros frowned. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/qzUcxb8.png[/img][/center] [center][color=#686868][size=4][font=Georgia]Lightning illuminated the valley floor as the two began to ready themselves a good distance parallel to each other. Eros had chosen the location for their fight purposefully, it was far enough from Rosslyn to not draw attention to their duel, and it would prevent Adam’s office from going from organized to shambles in mere moments. “Alright,” Adam began as he wove the blade of his sword around, absentmindedly. “Remember, this is a duel. The first to bring the other to the ground shall be declared the immediate victor, I don’t want to string this out for ages. Fighting is restricted to using the swords we have now, and hand-to-hand combat. No more, no less.” Eros clenched his teeth. “If this is what it takes to prove myself to you, I accept your rules.” Eros had left his knife sheathed within his coat once more, favoring a cherished broadsword that he had collected from the armory moments before the two had set off for their destination. He gripped the hilt of his weapon tightly. “Best of luck.” Adam nodded. “Likewise. Shall we begin?” Before Eros could take the time to respond properly, Adam immediately charged toward him, his sword drawn and ready to strike. “Ugh!” Eros cried out, as he tried to shield himself from the nearly unstoppable force of his father’s blade. He was a good distance away, but he had enough speed that it took him several seconds just to react. His broadsword came up in front of Adam, blocking his blade, while his other arm swung around so fast that he barely registered what was happening. Eros managed to deflect his father's attack entirely, and with a final lunge at Adam, struck him square in the sternum with the pommel of his sword. Adam's eyes widened in shock and rapidly moved several paces away from his son. "[i]Eros![/i]" He called out, trying to get his son's attention. "You're not going to kill me, are you?" Adam asked, a bit confused by the sudden change in his son's demeanor. "No, I'm not," Eros sighed, trying to hide his disappointment. He was hoping that his father would have had more faith in him by this point. But instead of dropping the duel entirely after being pommeled in the chest, Adam began to charge towards him once more. Right. This would not end until one of them was on the ground. Inwardly, Adam had a feeling that he would be the one to get take a sword pommel to the chest, however, he didn't expect Eros to execute it as cleanly as he did. Perhaps there was hope for his son yet. And that is why he decided to up his game, and charge towards him with increased vigor. Adam's sword cut through the air, striking the ground as it went. Eros tried to dodge, but Adam was faster, and he was able to catch him off-guard with a swift slash to the shoulder. Eros stumbled backward, his sword in his hand. He looked up at Adam, who was standing mere steps away from him, sword raised. He then took a step backward, avoiding the inevitable blow. He slashed wildly, trying to get his sword in the air, away from the dust-laden ground upon which they fought, and subsequently get out of reach, but Adam parried each attack. "Are you seriously acting like you were on the first day I taught you to wield a sword?" Adam asked, with a joking tone to his voice. Eros knew in his heart that he was outmatched. He struggled to do any sort of damage. He swung again, and this time, Adam ducked, while managing to block the blade with his own. Eros cursed. He raised his sword to block another blow, but his blade met Adam's sword. He staggered backward, dazed from the force. He had to beat him, but how? He knew Adam was powerful, but surely he could not hold this much longer. His sword clashed again, and a wave of sparks burst from the blades. The two went flying in opposite directions, both landing firmly on their feet, both struggling to recover. A cloud of dust flew into the air. They barely managed to land without losing their balance. Eros could barely breathe. How could this be happening? There was nothing that could take him down. There was no way to fight Adam head-on. He was simply too strong. Which meant that he would have to think creatively on how to best his father in a fight. He looked over at Adam, who was collecting himself and beginning to march forward towards Eros once more. “I need you to hear me,” Eros said, dusting himself off. “even if you are far away, even if we never speak again after this duel, I will still be your son. Always.” Adam paused in his pacing, looking Eros straight in the eye. "I just hope that I will still be your father." Adam took a breath, steadying himself. "You will be.” Eros let out a shaky sigh as he spoke. “I won’t let you get hurt.” “I’ll be fine.” “I want you to have your freedom, and I want you to be happy.” “I will be.” Eros was nodding, and he couldn’t help but smile. It was happening, his father had realized that he was ready to leave. At that moment, he almost wished to call off the duel, declare it a draw so he could talk things out with Adam, but he also realized that his father wished for him to be strong, he had spent all of this time cultivating the strengths he had to ensure that his life in the unknown world beyond their valley would be a safe one. “Now,” he grinned while raising his blade once more. “Let’s finish this.” Adam appeared to look delighted as he saw how serious his son was about this, albeit the smile. He continued his march towards Eros, who was ready for more. The two ran towards one another, blades drawn, ready to complete the fight once and for all. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/hsynqVU.png[/img][/center] [center][color=#686868][size=4][font=Georgia]“And THEN what happened!” Marlais chirped, obviously more invested in Eros’ tale than his emotional dilemma at this point. “Well,” Eros replied, “I had-” “No, no no, talk in the story voice!” “The story voice? Fine, if you insist.” [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/qzUcxb8.png[/img][/center] [center][color=#686868][size=4][font=Georgia]Adam brought his sword to his side and leaped to the left, barely avoiding Eros' strike. He tried to keep Eros at bay until he was completely out of the way, but the sword was too heavy to run at full speed with, so he kept his distance and avoided Eros' sword's impact. Eros, meanwhile, was internally panicking. He was pouring all of his strength into making himself seem like a much larger threat than he appeared to be, but he knew that it would not be enough to beat his father. He had to think of something to counter Adam with now, or it would all be over. But as he thought of what he was going to do to beat Adam, he kept drawing blanks. Sure, his father was better at fighting than he was, that would never change. However, Eros needed a distraction for Adam to work off of. He was so tired of fighting that he began to doubt whether it could be possible for him to keep moving forward. But he knew that he had to. Eros moved his sword out in front of him and charged at his father with it. Adam immediately ran ahead, but Eros kept a low, slow pace. Conserving stamina was what mattered. It was a matter of just a few seconds before Eros realized that Adam was beginning to run out of steam, but he knew his father wasn't going to make any trouble. Eros was going to make an impression. "A good start, Dad," Eros called out. "I'm not going to let you get on my nerves," Adam shouted back, a display of annoyance across his normally stoic face. "You won't beat me like this," he added before Eros could form any sort of response. Eros was already beginning to think about where he was going to stop running, and he was already planning out what to do next. However, Adam had successfully distracted him well enough for Eros to clue in at the last possible moment as to where he was leading him. Which happened to be directed towards the heart of Rosslyn itself. Inwardly, Eros pondered as to why Adam had led him back to where they had originally departed, but it did not make sense to him. If Adam had wanted to lure him to the city and put him in a position where he could make an impression on the others, he would have done so by basing the duel in the heart of Rosslyn, to begin with. Eros was too drained to come up with a rational explanation, but he had to admit that his father tended to put on a show when he so desired. And put on a show he did. Almost as if the members of Cenotaph could sense a conflict in the streets from a distance, dozens of souls began to gather to observe the duel between father and son. Eros could even recognize a few familiar faces in the crowd from afar; Ereshkigal, North, Parzavala, Alai, Hermes... even Evike. Eros had to admit that it was a very different duel from the one he had been envisioning at the beginning, but it was a far better one than what he had been expecting. "Esteemed members of Cenotaph!" Adam gasped out to the gathering crowd as he ran, resulting in cheers resounding throughout Rosslyn. "I'm glad you are here to witness this great event! The battle between father and son is truly a duel like none other, is it not? I wish to show you all how far Eros has come. He has come to the edge of his limits, and yet he remains strong, even as he is now. I hope you will be able to see him as he is now, no longer weak, but a true champion." Adam's words were met with a roar of applause. So this was why he had brought Eros back, to show the ones close to him just how much he had grown. Inwardly, Eros felt a bit of a rush of pride, but he had no time to dwell on that feeling. Steadily, he began to allow himself to run faster and faster, ignoring the blistering pain in his ribs as he did so, and instead focusing on the chill of the storm-charged wind against his skin. He was getting ever closer to the speeding Adam. He had to fight. The distance between himself and Adam grew shorter and shorter until he found himself mere feet away. He thrust his sword forward, only for Adam to twist around and block it with his own. Eros had no choice but to keep deflecting his father’s blows as the duel continued. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/hsynqVU.png[/img][/center] [center][color=#686868][size=4][font=Georgia]“Were you scared back then?” The voice of Marlais broke Eros’ focus on telling his story. “Scared?” “Mhm. If I had to face one of my parents in a battle, I know I would be scared of hurting them, or them hurting me, even though I didn’t know them all that much before I came here.” The silence was deafening, the only noise that formed between the two were the various crackles and pops of the fire Eros had set much earlier in the night. There was a faint rustle in the distance, which Eros assumed to be an animal of sorts. “Well,” Eros started, “I trusted my father. Greatly. I knew that he would never injure me severely, and I would never harm him seriously even if I tried. But I was scared of many things, what would happen in the duel, how I could manage to win against him, it was a lot to handle at the time.” “But you managed to win, right? How else would you have gotten here?” Eros’ gaze fell upon the flames, his mind lost in thought. “...Let me continue the story.” [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/qzUcxb8.png[/img][/center] [center][color=#686868][size=4][font=Georgia]Things were beginning to seem bleak on both ends. Both father and son were growing wearier by the moment, Eros was hanging on by a thread, while Adam was doing his best to hide his evident exhaustion. Cenotaph members were beginning to grow tired as well, but they weren’t letting their support for Eros, or Adam, die out in the slightest. Eros had to figure out how to end this, and quickly. He had to search for an opening. Clash after clash, shove after shove, Eros was doing his best to scout out a possible way to take down Adam and win the duel once and for all. And then he saw his chance. Adam, perhaps in a last-ditch effort, threw what strength he had into the swinging of his sword, but Eros knew that he would not hit his target. Using what energy he had left, Eros ducked beneath and off to the side of the blade, before proceeding to wipe his father’s legs out from beneath him with a quick blow. The crowd held their breath as Adam stumbled backward, unable to retain his balance, and fell silent as he crashed to the ground. Eros, gasping for air at this point, held the front of his sword out toward his father’s throat. Lightning crashed menacingly in the skies above. He had won. The members of Cenotaph who had remained to watch the ending of the fight erupted into thunderous applause. Eros’ excitement was overwhelming, while Adam’s pride was visible within his eyes, despite the exhausted appearance he gave off. His son had persevered, overcame multitudes of challenges during the many years he trained him, and now he was ready to leave the nest at long last. That same morning, Eros had been transfixed by the lightning storm that charged the skies. It was a strange feeling, knowing that only several hours beforehand, he had little hope of leaving Lantana Linn behind him anytime soon, but here he was, soaring into the storm, Adam looking on proudly from the ground. With the essentials packed, his cloak secured around his rapidly moving form, and sword tethered around his waist, Eros was now ready to face the beyond with open arms. Surges of electricity ran through him, filling him with energy as he carried on higher into the skies. He opened his wings further, and relaxed into the storm, letting the wind carry him onward to an unknown destination. He would let fate handle where he would find his new home. The only thing that Eros could think of at this moment was that freedom felt amazing. And then he became lost. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/hsynqVU.png[/img][/center] [center][color=#686868][size=4][font=Georgia]“You were lost?!” Marlais exclaimed, flapping his wings fervently. “What were you thinking, letting the storm blow you away like that? Did your father raise a valiant warrior or a wayward balloon?” “Listen,” Eros chortled, “as silly as it may sound, being lost was beneficial in this situation.” “Really?” The young fae pondered. “How?” “Let me continue with this story, and I’ll tell you how.” [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/hsynqVU.png[/img][/center] [center][color=#686868][size=4][font=Georgia]Eros had long since left the crashing skies of the Badlands, no more were the flashes of lightning and the howls of the wind, the skies in which he flew now contained nothing but a miserable drizzle of rain. And, seeing as the sun had now set, he was flying blindly. Eros had to land, and fast, but the moon was providing minimal light due to the cloud cover. Looking towards the ground, it was an empty void, nothing but darkness, there was nothing- [i]... there was something.[/i] Eros screeched to a halt, his wings keeping him airborne as he scanned the ground. Yes, there it was. A glimmer of blue light. Inwardly, Eros knew that he could not continue in this weather, but he was also conflicted about what dangers he may face while trying to reach this strange glow. Regardless, he began to descend. Overall, he did not have much trouble reaching the strange light source. Pushing his way through a maelstrom of branches, being poked by pine needles, and crashing to the ground in a heap would have to be the only notable downsides. Eros, who now lay in a crumpled heap on the newly discovered forest’s floor, eventually got on his feet and took in his surroundings. The blue glow that he spotted from the sky was due to the abnormally large presence of bioluminescent fungi, which emitted a soft blue shine. They were growing from the ground in clumps, and on the sides of the massive pine and fir trees that encompassed Eros’ landing area in every direction, and they seemed to be endless. Knowing that he would likely find himself lost in this strange wood if he decided to explore in the middle of the night, Eros decided to get some well-needed rest. He made his way over to one of the few bushes without thorns, curled up, and shut his eyes. [i]“Hey, wake up.”[/i] The sudden voice broke what was an indeterminate amount of silence, and subsequently startled Eros awake, fumbling to his feet, readying himself for a fight. What he did not expect to see, however, was a frail, delicate appearing Fae, who was dressed much like the surrounding forest- her cloak was a deep hue of wisteria, with glowing purple runes adorned throughout. Her wings were a soft glow of periwinkle, and a secondary set of insect-like wings adorned themselves over them. She had what could only be described as a mane of gloom colored hair that was spread out across her shoulders, flowing from beneath her pointed, curved, and patched hat. The skull that adorned that hat, however, unnerved Eros for reasons that he could not explain. “Who are you?” He demanded. “Are there more of you?” He twisted and turned his head rapidly, scanning for a potential threat. The navy-colored Fae chuckled. “Temper, temper. No need to be so defensive.” She took a moment to adjust her silver-lined glasses and focused her gaze on the imperial before her. “My name is [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63804902]Naviya[/url], daughter of Fia, great-granddaughter of the Glitch Queen. Are you lost?” “What did you just say?” Eros’ eyes widened in shock. “Excuse me? That is naught but the formal introduction I give to a new soul that crosses my path...” Naviya’s voice trailed off into a racing train of thought. “Tell me, who are your parents.” “My father is named Adam-” “Adam? Sanguine Imperial, capricious, Badlands?” “Yes to all?” Eros’ curiosity was beginning to get the better of him. “Why are you so curious about my father?” “Because,” Naviya sighed, “it appears that I have found another cousin of mine whilst on an herb collecting trip.” She stared at the Imperial before her dead in the eyes. “Our parents are half-siblings.” “You’re... I’m... We’re... [i]What[/i]?!” Eros barely had the time to spurt out any more exclamations before Naviya motioned for him to follow her. “Come along now, I’m sure the others are going to [i]love[/i] you.” She proceeded to fly a short distance, before turning around to face Eros once more. “Well?” Eros shuffled forward, stuttering out a quick “Yes, I’m following” as Naviya went on ahead. Where was she taking him? [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/hsynqVU.png[/img][/center] [center][color=#686868][size=4][font=Georgia]“So that’s how you met Navy!” Marlais had turned his attention to poking and prodding at the hot coals of the fire with a stick as he listened. “She’s real nice. Gave me some tea once.” “Yes, she is.. caring,” Eros huffed while slumping his shoulders. “But I owe her to finding this clan in the first place. Imagine if I had been stuck out there forever!” “Hmm... I suppose that would be an unfortunate way to live the rest of your days.” Marlais looked to the forest ceiling, peering into the tightly knit branches. “What happened when you got here?” “You’re about to find out.” [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/hsynqVU.png[/img][/center] [center][color=#686868][size=4][font=Georgia]Going from the Badlands to the storm filled skies, and a mysterious forest all in such a short amount of time left Eros feeling like there could have been no other thing that could surprise him. That is until he saw the wooden walls of what was presumably Naviya’s home clan, that were triple his height. “Welcome to Sanctuary, what was it again? I don’t think I got your name.” “Eros, son of Adam.” “Eros, huh? Well, welcome to Sanctuary, Eros son of Adam. Hopefully, you’ll enjoy your stay.” She flitted towards what appeared to be a knot in one of the logs that made up the wall and knocked harshly on it. “Wake up, Twelve! I know you’re on guard duty tonight!” Upon Naviya’s ‘request,’ a female nocturne subsequently stuck her head through a swinging panel installed within the wall. Her silver wings reminded Eros of a constellation of sorts, and her armor seemed to be made of otherworldly material. “Navy, for the last time, I told you to not interrupt me tonight unless there was an emergency, and assuming that there isn’t a forest fire or a band of raiders on the horizon, I’m not seeing one.” Naviya grunted and slammed her fist into the wall. “[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62968301]Twelve[/url], this is an emergency, I have one of Adam’s children with me that needs entry to Sanctuary, and so help me Shadowbringer, be grateful that I haven’t told [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56474272]Nadim[/url] or [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56474274]Nadia[/url] that you use this time for beauty sleep.” All Eros could do was watch as Twelve gulped nervously, went back within the walls, and moments later, the heavy wooden wall in front of them split into two, revealing a hidden gateway. Eros’ eyes lit up at the sight that lay behind them. Dragons of all kinds bustled to and fro within this secretive walled village. There were other Faes like Naviya that were residing in hollows carved into the higher areas of the walled-in trees, dragons were bustling through a marketplace, consisting of various small vendors and businesses. Others were also emerging from and returning to dens of all kinds- some were dug out into the earth, others were formed underneath roots of trees so large that the thought of them merely existing boggled Eros’ mind. “Most of them are related to you, Eros,” Naviya mentioned with a smile. “This place is a haven for our family, many of our relatives have sought refuge here after being targeted in the outside world. We have a stable economy, our co-leaders have led us to prosperity, and our alliances grow by the month.” The gates slammed shut behind them with a bang, but it only seemed to phase Eros. The rest of the dragons present were at ease. “The Sentry keeps us safe,” Naviya explained, “our primary defensive force. Twelve, who you just met, is one of the newer additions. She’s young, but she will learn.” Naviya flew in front of Eros’ line of sight. “Walk with me, I will bring you to the clan leaders.” At this point, Eros couldn’t help but follow. He took in the sights, sounds, and atmosphere as he made his way through the crowd, it seemed like Naviya was leading him towards the end of the main pathway that cuts through the village center. “Nadim and Nadia are brother and sister,” she continued. “They founded our home after fleeing the Nature territories, they are the great-grandchildren of Thorn, one of your older uncles. Chances are that Nadia is away on some business trip, but Nadim is almost always home.” After leaving the village center, Eros found himself standing in front of a cozy hollow dug out into a mound of earth, but the interior was lit warmly judging from the one window that was installed on the left-hand side, and the oaken door looked welcoming enough. “I cannot stay with you for this part,” Naviya said while gliding over to a nearby barrel, which she promptly sat upon. “You must talk to Nadim and convince him that you want to stay.” Eros was baffled. “Me, Stay? But I just met you! And I just arrived here!” Naviya smiled. “Don’t try and hide it, I see a certain look in your eye. You like it here, don’t you.” [i]Darn[/i]. She read him like a book. He had let the wind carry him, trusting that fate would take over and lead him to where he was meant to be, and that’s exactly what had happened. With a shaky breath, he knocked on the door before him, which was promptly opened by an oilslick brown pearlcatcher, dressed in armor designed similarly to Twelve’s, and had striking green eyes. Wordlessly, he invited Eros inside with a simple gesture, and Eros promptly did as he asked. “Who are you, Imperial,” Nadim questioned, as the door shut behind them both. The interior of Nadim’s den was candle-lit, with various papers lining a nearby desk, and a few decorative shelves nearby that housed various trinkets against the earthen walls. “And why, pray tell, have you come here?” Eros let out a sigh. Time to plead his case. “My name is Eros, son of Adam, great-grandson of the Glitch Queen.” He inwardly hoped that copying the way that Naviya introduced herself to him would make a difference in how the Pearlcatcher viewed him. “It seems that fate has lead me to your walls, all the way from the Badlands. I humbly request that I remain here, live, and help contribute to the clan’s success.” Nadim’s eyes narrowed. “And what, pray tell, would you have to offer?” Eros’ mind began to race. He couldn’t sell things, he couldn’t see himself as a figurehead of the clan.. he could fight. He could defend. That was it, Naviya had mentioned something earlier... “I wish to join your clan’s Sentry, Nadim.” “Can you fight?” “I defeated Adam himself in a duel several hours before this moment.” Nadim’s expression went from one full of doubt to one of shock. “And you’re okay with patrols, gathering materials for the clan, and fending off raiders?” Eros grinned. If he could best Adam in a duel, he might be capable of more than what he thought only days prior. “I’d be perfectly fine with that, yes.” The Pearlcatcher’s eyes glinted, and a toothy smile spread across his face. [i]“Welcome to Sanctuary, Eros. Welcome home.”[/i] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/hsynqVU.png[/img][/center] [center][color=#686868][size=4][font=Georgia]“That’s it?” Marlais asked. “There has to be more! How were things for you when you joined the Sentry? Did it ever feel tedious? Have you made any other friends here besides Navy and me? Come on!” “That’s enough,” Eros cut in, “as far as I’m concerned, there will be other stories for other times. It’s getting late now.. perhaps it would be best if you went back inside the walls for now. Come see me next week at this location, and I’ll have more to tell.” “But!” “No buts, you need your sleep. It was nice having someone to talk to about this, but I can’t go on forever. You run along now, alright?” Marlais sighed. “Alright, I’ll see you next week Mr. Eros.” With a few failed attempts, he finally flapped his wings enough to become airborne. “Have a nice night!” And with that, he flew off into the darkness, leaving the Imperial alone with his fire. Eros stared into the crackling flames, and he allowed himself a moment of thought. He had come so far in the years since he had left Rosslyn. He had risen through the Sentry’s ranks and found himself teaching the younger recruits how to fight, alongside other experienced members. He had met many relatives of his, shared many stories, but there was still something missing. A part of him had never truly settled with this place being his home. A rustle from nearby shrubbery shook Eros away from his thoughts. Jumping to his feet, reaching for his sword and pulling it from its sheath, he recognized that the footfalls were much too heavy to be Marlais, this was something larger, potentially a threat, and it was coming in his direction. “Who are you!” He called out in the direction of the approaching entity. It was larger than any of the Coatl members of the Sentry that he knew to be patrolling tonight, and the rest were back within the walls. Whatever, or whoever this was, it was coming toward him without hesitation. Eros grit his teeth. He wasn’t expecting to run into a threat this quickly outside of the walls, but at least Marlais had gotten away in time. Eros silently hoped that he made it back to Sanctuary safely. From this distance, Eros could only assume that it was another Imperial dragon much like himself, but he was unsure if this was one of the few others that resided within Sanctuary, or if it was- “Well, well. You have certainly become quite the storyteller. How are you, Eros?” Eros’ sword clattered to the ground. The voice had completely shattered his train of thought. A cloaked figure emerged from the shadows, proving to be a fellow imperial much like he had predicted, but he knew exactly who it was the moment that he heard its voice. “How did you find me, father.” Adam flung the hood that covered his head back with a simple toss of his head, revealing the sanguine imperial’s smirk, and red-eyed gaze. “If you must know, my son,” he took a moment to circle the fire, and take a seat on the opposite side of Eros’ tense form. Eros quickly gathered his sword from the ground and lowered himself to where he had been sitting previously. “Go on?” Eros asked. Adam sighed. “I was simply on my way to a meeting that will take place later on tomorrow, further across the shadow territories from this point. I had stopped at the nearest village for a fast restock of supplies when it appears that one of my nieces recognized me. Blue fae, witch, daughter of Fia? Ring any bells, Eros?” “That would be Naviya,” Eros stammered out. “Of course she would recognize you. And I’m guessing she told you where I was, didn’t she.” “That she did. However, what I didn’t expect was to see you, hunched over a campfire, talking excitedly to a hatchling about our duel. Naturally, I didn’t want to interrupt, so I remained in hiding over there.” He motioned to a bush that Eros had heard rustling from earlier on. He returned his focus to Eros, a look of pride taking over. “And I also had the chance to hear about what you have been through since you left our home, what strengths you have gained, and bonds you have forged. Needless to say, you’ve grown quite a bit since the day you left.” “And are you proud of what I have become?” “I can say with utmost certainty, I am,” Adam’s facial expression shifted to one of contentment. “Training you for so long.. certainly paid off in the best of ways. You have gone from being the weakest born of your siblings, to a high ranking member of a clan’s Sentry. The journey to this point was certainly not easy, but I am sure that you don’t regret any of it in the slightest, yes?” Eros nodded in agreement. “I would go back and relive every moment if I was given the chance, father. The good times and the bad. You never gave up on me, and without your training, I never would have made it this far. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.” Silence then flooded the space between the father and son. Rising to his feet once again, Adam gave his son a quick hug, before moving in the direction from where he arrived only moments before. “Where are you going?” Eros inquired. Adam halted. “As much as I would love to stay here and catch up with you further, I do have that meeting to attend tomorrow, and it will take some time to cross the Tangled Wood to that clan to the north. Hard to navigate territory and all.” He looked back at Eros from over his shoulder, before tossing him a small package that was stored within his cloak. Tearing open the paper wrapping as quickly as he could, he was astonished to find his old training knife, he had left it behind in Rosslyn before he set out into the unknown. It was now possessing a dark, tightly bound leather wrapping around the hilt, and its matching leather sheath was adorned with delicate carvings of grapevines, leaves, and apples. Unsheathing the blade, Eros gasped. The blade had been polished, clearly sharpened, and was engraved with a likeness of the valley they had dueled in, many years before. He looked up at his father, eyes wide, as he began to smile, tears welling up in his eyes, before shaking his head, trying to bring himself back to his senses. "A piece of [i]home[/i]," Adam whispered, as he turned to Eros. "A piece of home that will always stay with you, and a reminder of where you came from." Eros tried to calm the surge of emotions that rose within him. He had never seen this side of his father before, but here he was, in his father's shadow, and he could feel it. The side of Adam that was kept buried away from most, the side that was often hidden beneath a front of confidence and charisma. The side of Adam that cared for Eros and his siblings immensely, the proud father that was always there to watch over him and protect him from harm. "I'm not going to let you down," Eros spoke, his voice breaking. "I'll always remember where I came from, and I will always remember what you did for me." Adam smiled gently at Eros. "Be strong, and continue to prosper. I will always love you." Eros nodded, biting back tears. "Thank you, for everything." [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/hsynqVU.png[/img][/center] [center][color=#686868][size=4][font=Georgia]And with that, Adam disappeared into the darkness. In the stillness of the night, with the sound of thunder in the distance, Eros was now alone with his knife, his fire, and his thoughts. He closed his eyes for a moment, listening to the sounds of the Wood. It was hard to believe that it had been several years since he had left the Badlands behind him and started life anew. The forest he arrived in so long ago, of course, had changed over the years, there had been several new additions to Sanctuary, and many more inhabitants had departed. Eros opened his eyes, stretched, and turned his focus to the forest around him. Sanctuary had given him many opportunities, it had let him improve upon his abilities, but his father and Evike had helped him develop them, giving him the chance he needed to survive in the world beyond their town. Standing up, Eros swiftly extinguished his fire and began to walk back in the direction of Sanctuary. As he walked through the forest, mushrooms lighting his path onward, he began to see the impressive wall he had defended many times over in the distance. His training, his hard work, and perseverance had brought him to this point, but he never would have made it past the Badlands had it not been for his parents. He was scared when he first arrived here, so long ago, but now he felt at home in the shadows, among the glowing mushrooms, the dragons that he had sworn to protect, the village he had grown to love. He would always have ties to his birthplace, to his brothers, sisters, parents. And that would remain with him, he thought, as he held his knife tightly. But his priorities had shifted, he was no longer the same Eros that had left Lantana Linn so many years prior, flying blindly into a storm-charged sky. He had new priorities, new responsibilities, new souls to guard, protect, and cherish. And as he arrived at the heavy wooden wall, and passed through the gates as he had numerous times before, Eros had finally made his conclusion. Rosslyn may have been the home he was born into, but Sanctuary was the home he had made for himself. [left][color=#686868][size=2][font=Georgia]Dividers by [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1997330/1]Starkindler[/url]
Username: MapleMatcha
Chosen dragon: Eros
Entry:
hsynqVU.png
The Tale of Eros
Eros let out a sigh as he absentmindedly stared into the small campfire before him. It had been several years since he had left his home and arrived in this village within the Tangled Wood. This was a rare moment of solitude for him, he had tried to ensure that no one would interrupt him while he took time to himself outside of Sanctuary’s mighty walls, but now he was beginning to regret his choice. He was not used to being alone so late at night, so he didn’t quite know what to make of it.

“Hello?” asked a voice from behind him, that seemed much younger than he. “What’s going on? You seem like you have been through some rough times.” said the dragon, emerging from a nearby shrub, revealing themselves to be one of the older Fae hatchlings that had arrived within Clan Sanctuary recently. His bright blue and indigo scales complimented the land he lived within, and his purple eyes were gleaming with curiosity.

“My name is Eros,” replied the tired Imperial, “I believe we have never met before, am I correct?” He hesitated for a moment. Did the hatchling know not to bother him? Or did he ignore the warning he sent out across Sanctuary and came to visit him anyway?

“My name is Marlais,” the small fae spoke as he settled himself by Eros’ campfire. He looked up at the tightly knit canopy of pine and spruce above them. “I was born in this land, and grew up here in Sanctuary. I have felt for some time now that I should always remain in the land of my birthplace, albeit far from this location.” He looked around at his surroundings, taking in the night air. “Like you, I am very fond of these woods. I never knew my parents all that well. Mother was a gatekeeper, Father was a shell of his former self. That’s all that I know.”

Eros felt a twinge of sympathy for the small fae. He couldn’t imagine what it must have been like to grow up with two such different parents, but he was rather glad that Marlais was so sure of his place in the world, despite his young age. It was a rather different situation than the one that he had faced several years before, the day he arrived in the Tangled Wood. Eros looked down at Marlais, noticing he wore a forlorn expression. Startled, Eros tried to come up with something to distract Marlais from his inner sorrow.

“Would you like to hear a story?” Eros asked. Marlais nodded, solemnly. Eros let out a sigh. “Alright. It all began several years ago, in a region called Lantana Linn...”

qzUcxb8.png
The air was thunderous, the atmosphere was suffocating, the wind was unrelenting. The Shifting Expanse was no stranger to these harsh conditions, but the storm burdened winds were much less humid here than in the tropical downpours taking place further to the north. Eros often wondered if that was the reason why his father decided to settle in this place, but he knew he would never understand. The windows of their home, reinforced and made to withstand such weather, even dared to rattle slightly. If Eros was indeed underneath different circumstances, he would have taken this moment to fly into the storm, daring to take on the forces of nature on his own-!

But not today.

“... and this, in turn, summarizes the limitations and ethical boundaries that one must not cross while in the throes of setting a trap." Evike let out a long sigh as they clapped the dust-laden book shut. "Why do they have to make this so drawn out? It isn't that hard to set a good trap. Maybe tomorrow I can show you some good examples, Eros... Eros? Were you paying attention?"

That alone was enough to break Eros' trance-like focus upon the ongoing storm.

"Yes, of course." He knew that Evike would see through his excuse, and it was evident that they did, seeing as they were approaching him with a specific look they gained whenever frustrated.

"Eros, answer me and give the truthful answer this time." They leaned in towards him. "Were you paying attention?"

He knew that he could not fight the inevitable.

"You are right, I was not. The storm transfixed me and distracted me from your lesson. I am sorry." Eros answered as quietly as he could, knowing that there would be nothing to make Evike any less disappointed than they were now.

Evike groaned, looking towards the window alongside their son.

"Your siblings have long since left on their paths outside of our clan, my dear. Each of them going out and making a name for themselves all around our world." They glanced downward, making eye contact with Eros. "Do you not wish for this?"

"Listen," he spluttered out, "if it was my choice I would have left long ago if it weren't for him keeping me here for.. for training! I know that I lack some strengths that the others have, and I am extremely aware that I become ill easily... but I feel like I'm ready now. It's time for me to face the world."

Evike's tone grew concerned. "And do you wish for this... now? Eros, you are the only one left. You've become his main concern, all he does is try to ensure that you're ready. Are you sure you want to leave?"

"With all of my being, yes."

"Then I have no choice but to give you what you beg for." Evike swiftly made their way to the entrance of the door and motioned for Eros to follow. Nervously, Eros left where he was previously seated and joined Evike as they strode down the corridor in silence.

After some moments of silent travel, the pair arrived at Evike's apparent destination. Glancing at their son, Evike solemnly tossed him a sheathed blade from a concealed pocket within their overcoat. His old training knife.

"What for?" Eros choked on his words, nervously fumbling the knife into a pocket on his person.

"Trust me, you will need this." Evike gave him one last look, and then a brief hug. "Be safe. I know you can do this."

Before Eros could question what they meant, Evike gave a sharp knock on the door before them. "You have a visitor, darling!" they called out. And with that, they left Eros at the mercy of whatever lay behind the heavy wooden door, as it swung open ominously before him.

Hesitantly, he entered the room. Dimly lit, skillfully carved oaken shelves abundant with books that appeared to be of another era. Artifacts of questionable origin are displayed upon the walls, along with a shelf of dried herbs residing within miniature glass vials. Maps and relics of all sorts were scattered about the room, and in the center was a desk. The person behind the desk, however, was his father, who quickly noticed his sudden appearance.

"Eros..? My son, what has you troubled? Dismay is spread out over your precious face. Please, sit down, would you care for some tea? Would some incense soothe your nerves? It's strange, you came to my second study.. normally I am not interfered with here unless it is an emergency. And thankfully, nothing is wrong. Correct?"

Eros paled. His father, Adam, had always been keen to strengthen him. Eros never chose to be born the way he was, frail and more susceptible to illness than most. Out of his siblings, Adam tended to train him the most. He did not intend to shield Eros from the world, however, it did not appear as if he intended for Eros to depart until he believed that he had taught all that he could. Nevertheless, deep down, Eros knew that he could not stay within the boundaries of Rosslyn for much longer.

"Father, I need to have a word with you." Eros began to feel more and more apprehensive. He believed that Adam would be very startled at the sudden choice, what father wouldn't be, but there was no going back now. Was this the right decision?

"One moment," Adam took extra care when placing down the cup of tea on the side table next to Eros' chair. "Start again?" He took a sip from his glass, contentedly reclining in his chair once more.

"I know that you have always taken great measures to ready me for the outside world."

"Yes, you were born much more.. frail of body, than your siblings. Naturally, I should be the one to help you be ready for the dangers that will inevitably be faced beyond Lantana Linn and Rosslyn for that matter. Am I correct?"

Eros took a moment to place the teacup back onto its dish, as he had felt the urge to take a brief sip of the herbal brew as his father went on describing his views. "Yes, you are correct. But you also realize that I cannot remain here forever, yes? There has to be a limit to," he took a moment to wave his left arm upward and around. "This."

Adam narrowed his eyes. "Are you proposing what I think you are?"

"With all due respect, father, I assume that it is time that I leave."

To Eros' astonishment, Adam did not appear to be taken aback in the slightest. He briefly saw a twinge of sorrow in his father's eyes, but it was quickly replaced by a look of admiration. Steadiness. Whatever emotion growing rapidly inside his father's heart was contained within his mind now, Eros concluded.

“I always knew this day would come, Eros.”

Eros didn’t know where to start and began stammering over his words. “You did..?”

Adam let a grin claim dominance over his former scowl. “Precisely. And that is why we are going to do this.”

Before Eros could begin to think about what his father meant by “this”, Adam quickly pulled a sheathed sword outward from within his desk and pointed the tip of the covered weapon at Eros.

“If you think you are ready for whatever you may face out there, then you will have zero trouble besting me in a duel. Correct?”

Eros then realized exactly why Evike had given him the knife moments prior. The two of them had likely been planning this moment out for weeks. He inwardly groaned at the prospect of facing his father, but quickly realized that this was not something that he could run from easily.

“Fine. If that’s what you wish, I’ll indulge in your proposal.” He then drew the sheathed blade from the jacket pocket he had awkwardly shoved it in mere minutes ago. “Just know that I will not go down easily.”

Adam grinned. Eros frowned.

qzUcxb8.png
Lightning illuminated the valley floor as the two began to ready themselves a good distance parallel to each other. Eros had chosen the location for their fight purposefully, it was far enough from Rosslyn to not draw attention to their duel, and it would prevent Adam’s office from going from organized to shambles in mere moments.

“Alright,” Adam began as he wove the blade of his sword around, absentmindedly. “Remember, this is a duel. The first to bring the other to the ground shall be declared the immediate victor, I don’t want to string this out for ages. Fighting is restricted to using the swords we have now, and hand-to-hand combat. No more, no less.”

Eros clenched his teeth. “If this is what it takes to prove myself to you, I accept your rules.” Eros had left his knife sheathed within his coat once more, favoring a cherished broadsword that he had collected from the armory moments before the two had set off for their destination. He gripped the hilt of his weapon tightly. “Best of luck.”

Adam nodded. “Likewise. Shall we begin?”

Before Eros could take the time to respond properly, Adam immediately charged toward him, his sword drawn and ready to strike.

“Ugh!” Eros cried out, as he tried to shield himself from the nearly unstoppable force of his father’s blade. He was a good distance away, but he had enough speed that it took him several seconds just to react. His broadsword came up in front of Adam, blocking his blade, while his other arm swung around so fast that he barely registered what was happening. Eros managed to deflect his father's attack entirely, and with a final lunge at Adam, struck him square in the sternum with the pommel of his sword.

Adam's eyes widened in shock and rapidly moved several paces away from his son. "Eros!" He called out, trying to get his son's attention. "You're not going to kill me, are you?" Adam asked, a bit confused by the sudden change in his son's demeanor.

"No, I'm not," Eros sighed, trying to hide his disappointment. He was hoping that his father would have had more faith in him by this point. But instead of dropping the duel entirely after being pommeled in the chest, Adam began to charge towards him once more. Right. This would not end until one of them was on the ground. Inwardly, Adam had a feeling that he would be the one to get take a sword pommel to the chest, however, he didn't expect Eros to execute it as cleanly as he did. Perhaps there was hope for his son yet. And that is why he decided to up his game, and charge towards him with increased vigor.

Adam's sword cut through the air, striking the ground as it went. Eros tried to dodge, but Adam was faster, and he was able to catch him off-guard with a swift slash to the shoulder.
Eros stumbled backward, his sword in his hand. He looked up at Adam, who was standing mere steps away from him, sword raised.

He then took a step backward, avoiding the inevitable blow. He slashed wildly, trying to get his sword in the air, away from the dust-laden ground upon which they fought, and subsequently get out of reach, but Adam parried each attack. "Are you seriously acting like you were on the first day I taught you to wield a sword?" Adam asked, with a joking tone to his voice. Eros knew in his heart that he was outmatched. He struggled to do any sort of damage. He swung again, and this time, Adam ducked, while managing to block the blade with his own. Eros cursed. He raised his sword to block another blow, but his blade met Adam's sword. He staggered backward, dazed from the force. He had to beat him, but how? He knew Adam was powerful, but surely he could not hold this much longer. His sword clashed again, and a wave of sparks burst from the blades. The two went flying in opposite directions, both landing firmly on their feet, both struggling to recover. A cloud of dust flew into the air. They barely managed to land without losing their balance.

Eros could barely breathe. How could this be happening? There was nothing that could take him down. There was no way to fight Adam head-on. He was simply too strong.

Which meant that he would have to think creatively on how to best his father in a fight. He looked over at Adam, who was collecting himself and beginning to march forward towards Eros once more.

“I need you to hear me,” Eros said, dusting himself off. “even if you are far away, even if we never speak again after this duel, I will still be your son. Always.”

Adam paused in his pacing, looking Eros straight in the eye. "I just hope that I will still be your father." Adam took a breath, steadying himself. "You will be.” Eros let out a shaky sigh as he spoke.

“I won’t let you get hurt.”

“I’ll be fine.”

“I want you to have your freedom, and I want you to be happy.”

“I will be.” Eros was nodding, and he couldn’t help but smile. It was happening, his father had realized that he was ready to leave.

At that moment, he almost wished to call off the duel, declare it a draw so he could talk things out with Adam, but he also realized that his father wished for him to be strong, he had spent all of this time cultivating the strengths he had to ensure that his life in the unknown world beyond their valley would be a safe one.

“Now,” he grinned while raising his blade once more. “Let’s finish this.”

Adam appeared to look delighted as he saw how serious his son was about this, albeit the smile. He continued his march towards Eros, who was ready for more.

The two ran towards one another, blades drawn, ready to complete the fight once and for all.

hsynqVU.png
“And THEN what happened!” Marlais chirped, obviously more invested in Eros’ tale than his emotional dilemma at this point.

“Well,” Eros replied, “I had-”

“No, no no, talk in the story voice!”

“The story voice? Fine, if you insist.”

qzUcxb8.png
Adam brought his sword to his side and leaped to the left, barely avoiding Eros' strike. He tried to keep Eros at bay until he was completely out of the way, but the sword was too heavy to run at full speed with, so he kept his distance and avoided Eros' sword's impact. Eros, meanwhile, was internally panicking. He was pouring all of his strength into making himself seem like a much larger threat than he appeared to be, but he knew that it would not be enough to beat his father. He had to think of something to counter Adam with now, or it would all be over.

But as he thought of what he was going to do to beat Adam, he kept drawing blanks. Sure, his father was better at fighting than he was, that would never change. However, Eros needed a distraction for Adam to work off of. He was so tired of fighting that he began to doubt whether it could be possible for him to keep moving forward. But he knew that he had to.

Eros moved his sword out in front of him and charged at his father with it.

Adam immediately ran ahead, but Eros kept a low, slow pace. Conserving stamina was what mattered. It was a matter of just a few seconds before Eros realized that Adam was beginning to run out of steam, but he knew his father wasn't going to make any trouble. Eros was going to make an impression. "A good start, Dad," Eros called out.

"I'm not going to let you get on my nerves," Adam shouted back, a display of annoyance across his normally stoic face. "You won't beat me like this," he added before Eros could form any sort of response.

Eros was already beginning to think about where he was going to stop running, and he was already planning out what to do next. However, Adam had successfully distracted him well enough for Eros to clue in at the last possible moment as to where he was leading him.

Which happened to be directed towards the heart of Rosslyn itself.

Inwardly, Eros pondered as to why Adam had led him back to where they had originally departed, but it did not make sense to him. If Adam had wanted to lure him to the city and put him in a position where he could make an impression on the others, he would have done so by basing the duel in the heart of Rosslyn, to begin with. Eros was too drained to come up with a rational explanation, but he had to admit that his father tended to put on a show when he so desired.

And put on a show he did. Almost as if the members of Cenotaph could sense a conflict in the streets from a distance, dozens of souls began to gather to observe the duel between father and son. Eros could even recognize a few familiar faces in the crowd from afar; Ereshkigal, North, Parzavala, Alai, Hermes... even Evike. Eros had to admit that it was a very different duel from the one he had been envisioning at the beginning, but it was a far better one than what he had been expecting.

"Esteemed members of Cenotaph!" Adam gasped out to the gathering crowd as he ran, resulting in cheers resounding throughout Rosslyn. "I'm glad you are here to witness this great event! The battle between father and son is truly a duel like none other, is it not? I wish to show you all how far Eros has come. He has come to the edge of his limits, and yet he remains strong, even as he is now. I hope you will be able to see him as he is now, no longer weak, but a true champion."

Adam's words were met with a roar of applause. So this was why he had brought Eros back, to show the ones close to him just how much he had grown. Inwardly, Eros felt a bit of a rush of pride, but he had no time to dwell on that feeling.

Steadily, he began to allow himself to run faster and faster, ignoring the blistering pain in his ribs as he did so, and instead focusing on the chill of the storm-charged wind against his skin. He was getting ever closer to the speeding Adam. He had to fight. The distance between himself and Adam grew shorter and shorter until he found himself mere feet away. He thrust his sword forward, only for Adam to twist around and block it with his own. Eros had no choice but to keep deflecting his father’s blows as the duel continued.

hsynqVU.png
“Were you scared back then?”

The voice of Marlais broke Eros’ focus on telling his story. “Scared?”

“Mhm. If I had to face one of my parents in a battle, I know I would be scared of hurting them, or them hurting me, even though I didn’t know them all that much before I came here.”

The silence was deafening, the only noise that formed between the two were the various crackles and pops of the fire Eros had set much earlier in the night. There was a faint rustle in the distance, which Eros assumed to be an animal of sorts.

“Well,” Eros started, “I trusted my father. Greatly. I knew that he would never injure me severely, and I would never harm him seriously even if I tried. But I was scared of many things, what would happen in the duel, how I could manage to win against him, it was a lot to handle at the time.”

“But you managed to win, right? How else would you have gotten here?”

Eros’ gaze fell upon the flames, his mind lost in thought.

“...Let me continue the story.”

qzUcxb8.png
Things were beginning to seem bleak on both ends. Both father and son were growing wearier by the moment, Eros was hanging on by a thread, while Adam was doing his best to hide his evident exhaustion. Cenotaph members were beginning to grow tired as well, but they weren’t letting their support for Eros, or Adam, die out in the slightest. Eros had to figure out how to end this, and quickly.

He had to search for an opening.

Clash after clash, shove after shove, Eros was doing his best to scout out a possible way to take down Adam and win the duel once and for all. And then he saw his chance.

Adam, perhaps in a last-ditch effort, threw what strength he had into the swinging of his sword, but Eros knew that he would not hit his target. Using what energy he had left, Eros ducked beneath and off to the side of the blade, before proceeding to wipe his father’s legs out from beneath him with a quick blow.

The crowd held their breath as Adam stumbled backward, unable to retain his balance, and fell silent as he crashed to the ground. Eros, gasping for air at this point, held the front of his sword out toward his father’s throat. Lightning crashed menacingly in the skies above.

He had won.

The members of Cenotaph who had remained to watch the ending of the fight erupted into thunderous applause. Eros’ excitement was overwhelming, while Adam’s pride was visible within his eyes, despite the exhausted appearance he gave off. His son had persevered, overcame multitudes of challenges during the many years he trained him, and now he was ready to leave the nest at long last.

That same morning, Eros had been transfixed by the lightning storm that charged the skies. It was a strange feeling, knowing that only several hours beforehand, he had little hope of leaving Lantana Linn behind him anytime soon, but here he was, soaring into the storm, Adam looking on proudly from the ground. With the essentials packed, his cloak secured around his rapidly moving form, and sword tethered around his waist, Eros was now ready to face the beyond with open arms.

Surges of electricity ran through him, filling him with energy as he carried on higher into the skies. He opened his wings further, and relaxed into the storm, letting the wind carry him onward to an unknown destination. He would let fate handle where he would find his new home. The only thing that Eros could think of at this moment was that freedom felt amazing.

And then he became lost.

hsynqVU.png
“You were lost?!” Marlais exclaimed, flapping his wings fervently. “What were you thinking, letting the storm blow you away like that? Did your father raise a valiant warrior or a wayward balloon?”

“Listen,” Eros chortled, “as silly as it may sound, being lost was beneficial in this situation.”

“Really?” The young fae pondered. “How?”

“Let me continue with this story, and I’ll tell you how.”

hsynqVU.png
Eros had long since left the crashing skies of the Badlands, no more were the flashes of lightning and the howls of the wind, the skies in which he flew now contained nothing but a miserable drizzle of rain. And, seeing as the sun had now set, he was flying blindly. Eros had to land, and fast, but the moon was providing minimal light due to the cloud cover. Looking towards the ground, it was an empty void, nothing but darkness, there was nothing-

... there was something.

Eros screeched to a halt, his wings keeping him airborne as he scanned the ground. Yes, there it was. A glimmer of blue light. Inwardly, Eros knew that he could not continue in this weather, but he was also conflicted about what dangers he may face while trying to reach this strange glow. Regardless, he began to descend.

Overall, he did not have much trouble reaching the strange light source. Pushing his way through a maelstrom of branches, being poked by pine needles, and crashing to the ground in a heap would have to be the only notable downsides. Eros, who now lay in a crumpled heap on the newly discovered forest’s floor, eventually got on his feet and took in his surroundings.

The blue glow that he spotted from the sky was due to the abnormally large presence of bioluminescent fungi, which emitted a soft blue shine. They were growing from the ground in clumps, and on the sides of the massive pine and fir trees that encompassed Eros’ landing area in every direction, and they seemed to be endless.

Knowing that he would likely find himself lost in this strange wood if he decided to explore in the middle of the night, Eros decided to get some well-needed rest. He made his way over to one of the few bushes without thorns, curled up, and shut his eyes.

“Hey, wake up.”

The sudden voice broke what was an indeterminate amount of silence, and subsequently startled Eros awake, fumbling to his feet, readying himself for a fight. What he did not expect to see, however, was a frail, delicate appearing Fae, who was dressed much like the surrounding forest- her cloak was a deep hue of wisteria, with glowing purple runes adorned throughout. Her wings were a soft glow of periwinkle, and a secondary set of insect-like wings adorned themselves over them. She had what could only be described as a mane of gloom colored hair that was spread out across her shoulders, flowing from beneath her pointed, curved, and patched hat. The skull that adorned that hat, however, unnerved Eros for reasons that he could not explain.

“Who are you?” He demanded. “Are there more of you?” He twisted and turned his head rapidly, scanning for a potential threat.

The navy-colored Fae chuckled. “Temper, temper. No need to be so defensive.” She took a moment to adjust her silver-lined glasses and focused her gaze on the imperial before her. “My name is Naviya, daughter of Fia, great-granddaughter of the Glitch Queen. Are you lost?”

“What did you just say?” Eros’ eyes widened in shock.

“Excuse me? That is naught but the formal introduction I give to a new soul that crosses my path...” Naviya’s voice trailed off into a racing train of thought.

“Tell me, who are your parents.”

“My father is named Adam-”

“Adam? Sanguine Imperial, capricious, Badlands?”

“Yes to all?” Eros’ curiosity was beginning to get the better of him. “Why are you so curious about my father?”

“Because,” Naviya sighed, “it appears that I have found another cousin of mine whilst on an herb collecting trip.” She stared at the Imperial before her dead in the eyes. “Our parents are half-siblings.”

“You’re... I’m... We’re... What?!”

Eros barely had the time to spurt out any more exclamations before Naviya motioned for him to follow her.

“Come along now, I’m sure the others are going to love you.” She proceeded to fly a short distance, before turning around to face Eros once more. “Well?”

Eros shuffled forward, stuttering out a quick “Yes, I’m following” as Naviya went on ahead. Where was she taking him?

hsynqVU.png
“So that’s how you met Navy!” Marlais had turned his attention to poking and prodding at the hot coals of the fire with a stick as he listened. “She’s real nice. Gave me some tea once.”

“Yes, she is.. caring,” Eros huffed while slumping his shoulders. “But I owe her to finding this clan in the first place. Imagine if I had been stuck out there forever!”

“Hmm... I suppose that would be an unfortunate way to live the rest of your days.” Marlais looked to the forest ceiling, peering into the tightly knit branches. “What happened when you got here?”

“You’re about to find out.”

hsynqVU.png
Going from the Badlands to the storm filled skies, and a mysterious forest all in such a short amount of time left Eros feeling like there could have been no other thing that could surprise him. That is until he saw the wooden walls of what was presumably Naviya’s home clan, that were triple his height.

“Welcome to Sanctuary, what was it again? I don’t think I got your name.”

“Eros, son of Adam.”

“Eros, huh? Well, welcome to Sanctuary, Eros son of Adam. Hopefully, you’ll enjoy your stay.” She flitted towards what appeared to be a knot in one of the logs that made up the wall and knocked harshly on it.

“Wake up, Twelve! I know you’re on guard duty tonight!”

Upon Naviya’s ‘request,’ a female nocturne subsequently stuck her head through a swinging panel installed within the wall. Her silver wings reminded Eros of a constellation of sorts, and her armor seemed to be made of otherworldly material.

“Navy, for the last time, I told you to not interrupt me tonight unless there was an emergency, and assuming that there isn’t a forest fire or a band of raiders on the horizon, I’m not seeing one.”

Naviya grunted and slammed her fist into the wall. “Twelve, this is an emergency, I have one of Adam’s children with me that needs entry to Sanctuary, and so help me Shadowbringer, be grateful that I haven’t told Nadim or Nadia that you use this time for beauty sleep.”

All Eros could do was watch as Twelve gulped nervously, went back within the walls, and moments later, the heavy wooden wall in front of them split into two, revealing a hidden gateway. Eros’ eyes lit up at the sight that lay behind them.

Dragons of all kinds bustled to and fro within this secretive walled village. There were other Faes like Naviya that were residing in hollows carved into the higher areas of the walled-in trees, dragons were bustling through a marketplace, consisting of various small vendors and businesses. Others were also emerging from and returning to dens of all kinds- some were dug out into the earth, others were formed underneath roots of trees so large that the thought of them merely existing boggled Eros’ mind.

“Most of them are related to you, Eros,” Naviya mentioned with a smile. “This place is a haven for our family, many of our relatives have sought refuge here after being targeted in the outside world. We have a stable economy, our co-leaders have led us to prosperity, and our alliances grow by the month.”
The gates slammed shut behind them with a bang, but it only seemed to phase Eros. The rest of the dragons present were at ease.

“The Sentry keeps us safe,” Naviya explained, “our primary defensive force. Twelve, who you just met, is one of the newer additions. She’s young, but she will learn.” Naviya flew in front of Eros’ line of sight. “Walk with me, I will bring you to the clan leaders.”

At this point, Eros couldn’t help but follow. He took in the sights, sounds, and atmosphere as he made his way through the crowd, it seemed like Naviya was leading him towards the end of the main pathway that cuts through the village center.

“Nadim and Nadia are brother and sister,” she continued. “They founded our home after fleeing the Nature territories, they are the great-grandchildren of Thorn, one of your older uncles. Chances are that Nadia is away on some business trip, but Nadim is almost always home.”

After leaving the village center, Eros found himself standing in front of a cozy hollow dug out into a mound of earth, but the interior was lit warmly judging from the one window that was installed on the left-hand side, and the oaken door looked welcoming enough.

“I cannot stay with you for this part,” Naviya said while gliding over to a nearby barrel, which she promptly sat upon. “You must talk to Nadim and convince him that you want to stay.”

Eros was baffled. “Me, Stay? But I just met you! And I just arrived here!”

Naviya smiled. “Don’t try and hide it, I see a certain look in your eye. You like it here, don’t you.”

Darn. She read him like a book. He had let the wind carry him, trusting that fate would take over and lead him to where he was meant to be, and that’s exactly what had happened. With a shaky breath, he knocked on the door before him, which was promptly opened by an oilslick brown pearlcatcher, dressed in armor designed similarly to Twelve’s, and had striking green eyes. Wordlessly, he invited Eros inside with a simple gesture, and Eros promptly did as he asked.

“Who are you, Imperial,” Nadim questioned, as the door shut behind them both. The interior of Nadim’s den was candle-lit, with various papers lining a nearby desk, and a few decorative shelves nearby that housed various trinkets against the earthen walls. “And why, pray tell, have you come here?”

Eros let out a sigh. Time to plead his case.

“My name is Eros, son of Adam, great-grandson of the Glitch Queen.” He inwardly hoped that copying the way that Naviya introduced herself to him would make a difference in how the Pearlcatcher viewed him. “It seems that fate has lead me to your walls, all the way from the Badlands. I humbly request that I remain here, live, and help contribute to the clan’s success.”

Nadim’s eyes narrowed. “And what, pray tell, would you have to offer?”

Eros’ mind began to race. He couldn’t sell things, he couldn’t see himself as a figurehead of the clan.. he could fight. He could defend. That was it, Naviya had mentioned something earlier...

“I wish to join your clan’s Sentry, Nadim.”

“Can you fight?”

“I defeated Adam himself in a duel several hours before this moment.”

Nadim’s expression went from one full of doubt to one of shock. “And you’re okay with patrols, gathering materials for the clan, and fending off raiders?”

Eros grinned. If he could best Adam in a duel, he might be capable of more than what he thought only days prior. “I’d be perfectly fine with that, yes.”

The Pearlcatcher’s eyes glinted, and a toothy smile spread across his face.

“Welcome to Sanctuary, Eros. Welcome home.”

hsynqVU.png
“That’s it?” Marlais asked. “There has to be more! How were things for you when you joined the Sentry? Did it ever feel tedious? Have you made any other friends here besides Navy and me? Come on!”

“That’s enough,” Eros cut in, “as far as I’m concerned, there will be other stories for other times. It’s getting late now.. perhaps it would be best if you went back inside the walls for now. Come see me next week at this location, and I’ll have more to tell.”

“But!”

“No buts, you need your sleep. It was nice having someone to talk to about this, but I can’t go on forever. You run along now, alright?”

Marlais sighed. “Alright, I’ll see you next week Mr. Eros.” With a few failed attempts, he finally flapped his wings enough to become airborne. “Have a nice night!” And with that, he flew off into the darkness, leaving the Imperial alone with his fire.

Eros stared into the crackling flames, and he allowed himself a moment of thought. He had come so far in the years since he had left Rosslyn. He had risen through the Sentry’s ranks and found himself teaching the younger recruits how to fight, alongside other experienced members. He had met many relatives of his, shared many stories, but there was still something missing. A part of him had never truly settled with this place being his home.

A rustle from nearby shrubbery shook Eros away from his thoughts. Jumping to his feet, reaching for his sword and pulling it from its sheath, he recognized that the footfalls were much too heavy to be Marlais, this was something larger, potentially a threat, and it was coming in his direction.

“Who are you!” He called out in the direction of the approaching entity. It was larger than any of the Coatl members of the Sentry that he knew to be patrolling tonight, and the rest were back within the walls. Whatever, or whoever this was, it was coming toward him without hesitation. Eros grit his teeth. He wasn’t expecting to run into a threat this quickly outside of the walls, but at least Marlais had gotten away in time. Eros silently hoped that he made it back to Sanctuary safely. From this distance, Eros could only assume that it was another Imperial dragon much like himself, but he was unsure if this was one of the few others that resided within Sanctuary, or if it was-

“Well, well. You have certainly become quite the storyteller. How are you, Eros?”

Eros’ sword clattered to the ground. The voice had completely shattered his train of thought. A cloaked figure emerged from the shadows, proving to be a fellow imperial much like he had predicted, but he knew exactly who it was the moment that he heard its voice.

“How did you find me, father.”

Adam flung the hood that covered his head back with a simple toss of his head, revealing the sanguine imperial’s smirk, and red-eyed gaze. “If you must know, my son,” he took a moment to circle the fire, and take a seat on the opposite side of Eros’ tense form. Eros quickly gathered his sword from the ground and lowered himself to where he had been sitting previously. “Go on?” Eros asked.

Adam sighed. “I was simply on my way to a meeting that will take place later on tomorrow, further across the shadow territories from this point. I had stopped at the nearest village for a fast restock of supplies when it appears that one of my nieces recognized me. Blue fae, witch, daughter of Fia? Ring any bells, Eros?”

“That would be Naviya,” Eros stammered out. “Of course she would recognize you. And I’m guessing she told you where I was, didn’t she.”

“That she did. However, what I didn’t expect was to see you, hunched over a campfire, talking excitedly to a hatchling about our duel. Naturally, I didn’t want to interrupt, so I remained in hiding over there.” He motioned to a bush that Eros had heard rustling from earlier on. He returned his focus to Eros, a look of pride taking over. “And I also had the chance to hear about what you have been through since you left our home, what strengths you have gained, and bonds you have forged. Needless to say, you’ve grown quite a bit since the day you left.”

“And are you proud of what I have become?”

“I can say with utmost certainty, I am,” Adam’s facial expression shifted to one of contentment. “Training you for so long.. certainly paid off in the best of ways. You have gone from being the weakest born of your siblings, to a high ranking member of a clan’s Sentry. The journey to this point was certainly not easy, but I am sure that you don’t regret any of it in the slightest, yes?”

Eros nodded in agreement. “I would go back and relive every moment if I was given the chance, father. The good times and the bad. You never gave up on me, and without your training, I never would have made it this far. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.”

Silence then flooded the space between the father and son. Rising to his feet once again, Adam gave his son a quick hug, before moving in the direction from where he arrived only moments before.

“Where are you going?” Eros inquired. Adam halted.

“As much as I would love to stay here and catch up with you further, I do have that meeting to attend tomorrow, and it will take some time to cross the Tangled Wood to that clan to the north. Hard to navigate territory and all.” He looked back at Eros from over his shoulder, before tossing him a small package that was stored within his cloak.

Tearing open the paper wrapping as quickly as he could, he was astonished to find his old training knife, he had left it behind in Rosslyn before he set out into the unknown. It was now possessing a dark, tightly bound leather wrapping around the hilt, and its matching leather sheath was adorned with delicate carvings of grapevines, leaves, and apples. Unsheathing the blade, Eros gasped. The blade had been polished, clearly sharpened, and was engraved with a likeness of the valley they had dueled in, many years before. He looked up at his father, eyes wide, as he began to smile, tears welling up in his eyes, before shaking his head, trying to bring himself back to his senses.

"A piece of home," Adam whispered, as he turned to Eros. "A piece of home that will always stay with you, and a reminder of where you came from." Eros tried to calm the surge of emotions that rose within him. He had never seen this side of his father before, but here he was, in his father's shadow, and he could feel it. The side of Adam that was kept buried away from most, the side that was often hidden beneath a front of confidence and charisma. The side of Adam that cared for Eros and his siblings immensely, the proud father that was always there to watch over him and protect him from harm. "I'm not going to let you down," Eros spoke, his voice breaking. "I'll always remember where I came from, and I will always remember what you did for me." Adam smiled gently at Eros. "Be strong, and continue to prosper. I will always love you."

Eros nodded, biting back tears. "Thank you, for everything."

hsynqVU.png
And with that, Adam disappeared into the darkness. In the stillness of the night, with the sound of thunder in the distance, Eros was now alone with his knife, his fire, and his thoughts. He closed his eyes for a moment, listening to the sounds of the Wood. It was hard to believe that it had been several years since he had left the Badlands behind him and started life anew. The forest he arrived in so long ago, of course, had changed over the years, there had been several new additions to Sanctuary, and many more inhabitants had departed.

Eros opened his eyes, stretched, and turned his focus to the forest around him. Sanctuary had given him many opportunities, it had let him improve upon his abilities, but his father and Evike had helped him develop them, giving him the chance he needed to survive in the world beyond their town. Standing up, Eros swiftly extinguished his fire and began to walk back in the direction of Sanctuary. As he walked through the forest, mushrooms lighting his path onward, he began to see the impressive wall he had defended many times over in the distance. His training, his hard work, and perseverance had brought him to this point, but he never would have made it past the Badlands had it not been for his parents.

He was scared when he first arrived here, so long ago, but now he felt at home in the shadows, among the glowing mushrooms, the dragons that he had sworn to protect, the village he had grown to love. He would always have ties to his birthplace, to his brothers, sisters, parents. And that would remain with him, he thought, as he held his knife tightly. But his priorities had shifted, he was no longer the same Eros that had left Lantana Linn so many years prior, flying blindly into a storm-charged sky. He had new priorities, new responsibilities, new souls to guard, protect, and cherish. And as he arrived at the heavy wooden wall, and passed through the gates as he had numerous times before, Eros had finally made his conclusion. Rosslyn may have been the home he was born into, but Sanctuary was the home he had made for himself.

Dividers by Starkindler
@digimon11 @endyr @maplematcha

I check the thread but still, do feel free to ping me again once you finish your entries!
@digimon11 @endyr @maplematcha

I check the thread but still, do feel free to ping me again once you finish your entries!
zqaDToE.png < MIR | THEY/HE | EARTH FLIGHT | +9 FR TIME >
> Naomi Descendants Thread (4th gen descendants)
> Wishlist/Skin and item hunt
> Sales tab
> Art Shop
Username: @MercySewerPyro
Chosen Dragon: Philia
Entry:

What is a dragon, but an inheritor of the stolen and the dead? What is a dragon but a cracked mirror, a distorted reflection of what once was whole?

Remember this: a God of Dragons is not invincible, not omnipresent, and the whispers of infallibility and power upon their children’s tongues are the lies upon which the truth is dashed to pieces. There is no true empire for their kind, no true dominion written in star and fate; they have always taken and torn asunder others’ destinies, turned claws and teeth upon each other and all else in their paths. An entire existence, an entire civilization, sacrificed for only one of their kind’s birth, and another in its death throes in the wake of their perfect arrogance.

(Remember this: they created this world only to destroy it.)

But no matter their arrogance and their pride, they were not the first. They will not be the last. The Dark is patient, and It can wait. Even now, She holds dominion, in defiance of the crimes of Gods: She was Its Agent, Its warning and Herald, and now Her children will spread to cover Sornieth. Revenge is a dish best served cold, they say- And there is nothing colder than the eventual, inescapable embrace of the Void.

Philia-Most-Favoured, Emissary, Child of Adam, Fourth-From-Her-Grace, lives this notion in body and soul. He was born just like the rest, a broken shell woven together with soul and dark by the gentle care of their ‘father’, taken by the bounty hunter Evike. What is known that he was to be a gift. What happened after is a mystery only She Herself knows the answer to. This child never reached their destined home, and the machinations of the Long Dark turned in an unexpected direction.

When the angelic form of a single Imperial arrived in the scorching lands of Fire, steps light and with alien grace, the children of the Gods stilled in his presence, transfixed by this untarnished beauty. With angelic, porcelain-like features and a dulcet voice, he drew all he needed from their mouths, their minds. A dozen lives fell in prostate exaltation at his feet, and then fell for him again with their necks outstretched.

For they were all of them deceived. The Void is a hungering thing, never satisfied, and the most beautiful of facades hides the sharpest of teeth. The Light in Philia’s eyes is merely a falsehood, the dulcet tones merely a glamour- And if one were to cut this creature open, he would bleed only the darkest black. For within those soft, pink scales is a portal directly to the Endless Dark, a ravenous thing with an angel’s face, a thing fed with the very lives of his budding cult. Here, and only here, Philia will wait. Bide his time.

For there will come a day where the Gods will fall. And Philia will be there, teeth and claws outstretched, to see the End through.
Username: @MercySewerPyro
Chosen Dragon: Philia
Entry:

What is a dragon, but an inheritor of the stolen and the dead? What is a dragon but a cracked mirror, a distorted reflection of what once was whole?

Remember this: a God of Dragons is not invincible, not omnipresent, and the whispers of infallibility and power upon their children’s tongues are the lies upon which the truth is dashed to pieces. There is no true empire for their kind, no true dominion written in star and fate; they have always taken and torn asunder others’ destinies, turned claws and teeth upon each other and all else in their paths. An entire existence, an entire civilization, sacrificed for only one of their kind’s birth, and another in its death throes in the wake of their perfect arrogance.

(Remember this: they created this world only to destroy it.)

But no matter their arrogance and their pride, they were not the first. They will not be the last. The Dark is patient, and It can wait. Even now, She holds dominion, in defiance of the crimes of Gods: She was Its Agent, Its warning and Herald, and now Her children will spread to cover Sornieth. Revenge is a dish best served cold, they say- And there is nothing colder than the eventual, inescapable embrace of the Void.

Philia-Most-Favoured, Emissary, Child of Adam, Fourth-From-Her-Grace, lives this notion in body and soul. He was born just like the rest, a broken shell woven together with soul and dark by the gentle care of their ‘father’, taken by the bounty hunter Evike. What is known that he was to be a gift. What happened after is a mystery only She Herself knows the answer to. This child never reached their destined home, and the machinations of the Long Dark turned in an unexpected direction.

When the angelic form of a single Imperial arrived in the scorching lands of Fire, steps light and with alien grace, the children of the Gods stilled in his presence, transfixed by this untarnished beauty. With angelic, porcelain-like features and a dulcet voice, he drew all he needed from their mouths, their minds. A dozen lives fell in prostate exaltation at his feet, and then fell for him again with their necks outstretched.

For they were all of them deceived. The Void is a hungering thing, never satisfied, and the most beautiful of facades hides the sharpest of teeth. The Light in Philia’s eyes is merely a falsehood, the dulcet tones merely a glamour- And if one were to cut this creature open, he would bleed only the darkest black. For within those soft, pink scales is a portal directly to the Endless Dark, a ravenous thing with an angel’s face, a thing fed with the very lives of his budding cult. Here, and only here, Philia will wait. Bide his time.

For there will come a day where the Gods will fall. And Philia will be there, teeth and claws outstretched, to see the End through.
+8 FR Time
They/Them
Local Pyro
__
Username: @Peyp
Entry:

She was so still. Unnaturally so. I looked at her, and while watching, I have lost the sense of time. She slowly blinked and exhaled, and I found myself lost in her eyes. She hadn't noticed me as I watched her tilt her head, looking at the landscape. Whatever she was seeing, however, was not the nature. Her mind was elsewhere, as I realized mine was. I postponed doing my tasks long enough. I might see the graceful lady again, or I might not.
~~~

I've tilted myself this time, much as she did her head not a moon ago. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't mimic the stillness. As I was floating in her presence, I heard the air movement before I felt it. Her exhale, and then the slow blink, exposing the distant eyes to the light. It seems that my presence pulled her back from where her mind was, as she blinked rapidly, focusing on me. "Don't linger here." With that, she raised, glancing to the sky. I didn't understand the meaning of her words, but I understood the dismissal and need for being alone. I glanced back at her, so still again, as I was leaving to do my tasks.

Next time, she was present in the moment, sharing presence along with space with me as I floated closer. "You didn't heed my warning." Still as she was, I could feel her sadness ripple the air. "I know you couldn't, but I hoped." With that, I understood what she meant the last time - she knew I couldn't leave the altar. Why ask me to leave, then? I moved closer to her, trying to see her eyes, maybe read something more from them. She smiled, just a small upturn of her lips. "This is no place for a soul to stay, let me free you. It is your time." And with a swing of a tail, the Shade altar was no more, my task to clear the corrupting energy gone.
~~~

Days pass quicker when one has company. But it's been said that misery also seeks it. Agape, as I've learned, suffers from her efforts. Collecting stray souls from Beastclan altars to Shade takes a toll on her. And yet, she persists, day after day, soul after soul. I am but one of many she had saved, and I know me staying here drains her, yet I cannot bring myself to move on, lonely as she is, it would make her lonelier.
~~~

I have heard a whisper - a word of a God. I watched as Agape closes her eyes and listens, and then she moves on, to the next altar in land long forsaken by the divine. It is Their will she abides, collecting souls, destroying Shade. I do not know who They are. Agape, charity, the love for Gods, the highest form of love, truly a fitting name. So how can I not stay and admire, as They lead her and she diligently follows, always without complains? When she pressure us to move on despite knowing we drain her so?

We have learned of her origin, as breeze brings the rumors. Not much about her parents, but how she came to be, why she can see us, that are nothing more than energy. She herself, a soul, mended to their desire, but unlike many, not given before hatching. Still, we do not linger on many details, just one precious piece of information. It gives us hope, maybe we don't have to move on and leave her - if she is willing, if we are willing - perhaps we can help her, or stay by her side. Not as an invisible but soothing presence, but rather as her children, friends, family. And while we contemplate, a new whisper comes...
Username: @Peyp
Entry:

She was so still. Unnaturally so. I looked at her, and while watching, I have lost the sense of time. She slowly blinked and exhaled, and I found myself lost in her eyes. She hadn't noticed me as I watched her tilt her head, looking at the landscape. Whatever she was seeing, however, was not the nature. Her mind was elsewhere, as I realized mine was. I postponed doing my tasks long enough. I might see the graceful lady again, or I might not.
~~~

I've tilted myself this time, much as she did her head not a moon ago. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't mimic the stillness. As I was floating in her presence, I heard the air movement before I felt it. Her exhale, and then the slow blink, exposing the distant eyes to the light. It seems that my presence pulled her back from where her mind was, as she blinked rapidly, focusing on me. "Don't linger here." With that, she raised, glancing to the sky. I didn't understand the meaning of her words, but I understood the dismissal and need for being alone. I glanced back at her, so still again, as I was leaving to do my tasks.

Next time, she was present in the moment, sharing presence along with space with me as I floated closer. "You didn't heed my warning." Still as she was, I could feel her sadness ripple the air. "I know you couldn't, but I hoped." With that, I understood what she meant the last time - she knew I couldn't leave the altar. Why ask me to leave, then? I moved closer to her, trying to see her eyes, maybe read something more from them. She smiled, just a small upturn of her lips. "This is no place for a soul to stay, let me free you. It is your time." And with a swing of a tail, the Shade altar was no more, my task to clear the corrupting energy gone.
~~~

Days pass quicker when one has company. But it's been said that misery also seeks it. Agape, as I've learned, suffers from her efforts. Collecting stray souls from Beastclan altars to Shade takes a toll on her. And yet, she persists, day after day, soul after soul. I am but one of many she had saved, and I know me staying here drains her, yet I cannot bring myself to move on, lonely as she is, it would make her lonelier.
~~~

I have heard a whisper - a word of a God. I watched as Agape closes her eyes and listens, and then she moves on, to the next altar in land long forsaken by the divine. It is Their will she abides, collecting souls, destroying Shade. I do not know who They are. Agape, charity, the love for Gods, the highest form of love, truly a fitting name. So how can I not stay and admire, as They lead her and she diligently follows, always without complains? When she pressure us to move on despite knowing we drain her so?

We have learned of her origin, as breeze brings the rumors. Not much about her parents, but how she came to be, why she can see us, that are nothing more than energy. She herself, a soul, mended to their desire, but unlike many, not given before hatching. Still, we do not linger on many details, just one precious piece of information. It gives us hope, maybe we don't have to move on and leave her - if she is willing, if we are willing - perhaps we can help her, or stay by her side. Not as an invisible but soothing presence, but rather as her children, friends, family. And while we contemplate, a new whisper comes...
Buy glitch descendant
Renting nests
Wishlist
mzu1ECW.png
Username: Lumos427

Chosen dragon: Storge (I had a tough time picking between her and her sister)

Entry: When I write for a dragon, I tend to make them quite lengthy, sorry but I hope it's good, I've been wanting an Imperial Naomi descendant derg so a contest makes me really excited :D

The sun stung Storge’s eyes as she set out on a hunt. She walked along a winding path, breathing in the scents around her and tasting the air for any sign of life. Storge crawled through the thick undergrowth and felt as the heat touched her scales. She went on further along the path and waited to hear or smell anything. Storge made sure no other dragons were around her, they wouldn’t be very happy to have her out without permission. She wasn’t allowed to leave on her own, which made things quite hard for Storge, especially when she just wanted to escape and stretch her wings. Storge went back to focusing on the hunt, listening out for the faint scurrying of a rabbit, or the soft breathing of a deer. Suddenly, she heard the patter of nearby feet and was about to pounce when another dragon came and snatched the prey before her. Storge stood up indignantly and snarled at the other dragon. The dragon stepped forth, he was a battered looking Wildclaw, he was missing an eye and several teeth, and he had a forever crippled wing. He held a rabbit in his jaws and a growl rose from his throat.

“Your not supposed to be out here!” He snapped, dropping the rabbit at his feet. Storge was paying far more attention to that then his scolding. Finally the dragon came up and smacked her on the side of the head with his tail. She looked up and felt slightly intimidated by his angry, and piercing glare. She felt like her insides were melting and like the gaze itself might kill her. “Remember! We’re supposed to keep an eye on you, hell forget about you we need to keep an eye on those powers remember?!” Storge felt guilt stab her, how could she forget? As the dragon led her back to the hidden shelter Storge went back to a couple months ago and remembered the awful feeling that had overcome her.

Storge knew her lineage was...special, although little was known about it. She knew that’s why they had taken her egg and hid her away from the outside world, from her family. She just didn’t realize the kind of destruction she was capable of-especially since she didn’t know she had those kinds of deadly abilities.

It had been a stormy night, rain fell hard and lightning flashed brightly behind the shadowy mountains in which Storge and several other dragons sheltered. Storge had insisted that she should go out into the rain, and help them see if there were any intruders about the land. The patrol leader, Heather figured she couldn’t be much of a worry, as long as they kept an eye on her. So Storge had set out and followed Heather and several other dragons into the rain. Storge knew that most dragons despised the rain, but because her contact with the outside world was so limited, Storge absolutely loved it. She laughed happily, and flew one way to the next examining the land before her. Eventually they came upon an area where the woods got particularly thick, and Heather motioned for them to come down into the woods. Storge and the other followed and kept as quiet as possible, which was easy considering the heavy rain. Storge was following along the dragons until they came upon a group of rogues. Storge stepped up beside Heather and the dragons stared each other down. The leader of the pack of rouges stepped forth and laughed at Heather when she said for them to step off the land, and then eyed Storge carefully. He then again barked with laughter, “Bringing weak and pretty dragons to fight eh? What are you guys going to do, tell us to leave? I mean you already asked, not like your little group can do much anyways.” It happened agonizingly slowly for Storge, but she could feel it taking over; she could feel herself being swallowed by the darkness, her mind fighting and gasping for air. Then she remembered feeling infuriated with the dragon, a murderous feeling took her over, it was like a wildfire had spread throughout her body. And then, she remembered the other dragons thoughts, she remembered them being her puppets, she bent them to their will and watched as they struggled, she laughed. Heather and the other dragons looked horrified, but Storge couldn’t hear them, she could only hear the pitiful screams of the other dragons as she made them kill themselves. Stabbed themselves, hung themselves, drowned themselves, clawed themselves to death, Storge let out one last laugh before the monstrous feeling left her mind. Then, she passed out before she could even comprehend what she had just done.

Storge had awoken back in the shelter, and the healer had told her that she was simply in a fit of rage, but Storge knew that was far from the truth. Nobody was telling her the truth, why did they keep her here anyways? What did it matter if they were afraid of what she could do? As she walked back to the shelter, she remembered the awful feeling of washing blood off of her talons, and the second set of memories she had. It was like a voice had invaded her mind and now they wouldn’t leave.

Storge and the Wildclaw approached the shelter. As Storge walked into the shelter, she avoided all other dragons gazes and crawled into her small room.

Her room had a small bed, a little desk made of pine wood, and a chandelier at the very top. She closed the door behind her and pulled out a leatherbound journal. This was one of the few gifts she was given while she was here. She opened it up and looked at her entry from the day she had a taste of her powers. She remembered how she panicked, how no one wanted to tell her anything. She remembered feeling utterly alone and monstrous. Storge was a dragon, not a monster, right? Just as she was about to close her journal, she froze with fear.

“Hello my dear dragon, you are no monster, you are a god.” Storge froze and thought back to the voice in her head. Who are you and what do you want? Storge lay down for a few minutes and held her breath, maybe that was just her thoughts taking over, nothing more. Then to her horror the voice came back.

“I can’t believe you actually thought you could get rid of me, I can’t believe you don’t know who I am? Has nobody in this stupid little “shelter” ever told you anything? No of course not, our kind is feared by all dragons my dear Storge.” Why? “Oh, because the powers we possess are far more powerful than any dragon could ever imagine. I remember destroying the homes of dragons, hearing them beg for mercy and watching as they burned. They underestimated me and thought they could control me.” Storge sat in silence taking everything in. “What happened to you that day was a great thing and it is nothing to be feared.” How should I not be scared? “Easy, learn how to use your powers to bend others to your will.” I don’t want to do that though! That doesn’t sound like anything i'd’ ever want to do! “Well then these dragons are doing an awful job of raising you, you should be learning the full potential of your powers and nothing more than that.” I don’t want to do that though, that sounds awful, it sounds lonely. “Who cares about being lonely so long as you have these powers?” Storge thought about that for a minute, would it be that bad, living alone? Maybe whoever this was was right about that, maybe she would prosper outside of this god-forsaken shelter.

Storge looked slowly opened her door and slowly peeked outside, both her and the voice agreed that escaping this place would be the best idea. She slowly crawled out and walked down the small and cramped corridor. If she needed to ever hide, this wasn’t the best place to do it, she would most likely be caught. This would lead to a lot of questions that Storge didn’t really feel like answering. She walked on until she came into a large opening, the door was just ahead of her. All she had to do was slip past, most dragons were in meetings, and Storge knew it was only a matter of time before they came out. The center was surrounded by large boulders, big enough to fit several dragons, and were created as places of meeting. Storge had never gotten a chance to see the inside, so it didn’t really matter to her. Storge then remembered something, maybe she could use her powers to allow herself to slip out. Storge focused on the same magical and albeit angry feeling that overtook her, she thought about what the voice had told her “let your mind take over my dear dragon”. Storge felt the ground shake, she opened her eyes and felt as anger overcame her. All the bad feelings and thoughts came into her mind at once and Storge watched with glee as rocks began to crumble, and dragons ran out to see what was happening. They started to point at Storge and cry out in fear. Storge watched as dragons were crushed, and as the center now had an opening, Storge flew up avoiding the falling debris. More and more dragons were dying and Storge could care less. Flying up Storge felt her powers grow stronger, andin one last burst of magic and anger the shelter fell completely.

Storge flew to the ground and stumbled for a bit, her head hurt terribly and she looked back at the ruined shelter. Storge felt as tears came to her eyes, that voice told her she should love her powers, but look what they had done.Her only home was in ruins, all the dragons inside were dead. “WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME! YOU SAID IT WOULD ALL WORK BUT LOOK AT WHAT I HAVE DONE!” The voice remained silent for sometime as Storge sobbed, pulling at the grass and looking away at the rubble. Then the voice came back.
“Quit your crying, that was bound to happen at some point, hiding your powers has only made them more uncontrollable. Those idiots, it isn’t your fault, it’s their fault.” Storge shook her head, it didn’t make sense, how was it their fault? Storge asked again Who are you? What do you want?

The voice let out a soft chuckle, sending chills down Storge’s spine.

“My dear, my name is Naomi, you are my descendent, and together we will rule the lands and be the most powerful dragons to ever exist.”

Here's a nice little outfit idea:
Storge

Also may I be pinged for winners please @Mir ? Thanks again for doing this!
Username: Lumos427

Chosen dragon: Storge (I had a tough time picking between her and her sister)

Entry: When I write for a dragon, I tend to make them quite lengthy, sorry but I hope it's good, I've been wanting an Imperial Naomi descendant derg so a contest makes me really excited :D

The sun stung Storge’s eyes as she set out on a hunt. She walked along a winding path, breathing in the scents around her and tasting the air for any sign of life. Storge crawled through the thick undergrowth and felt as the heat touched her scales. She went on further along the path and waited to hear or smell anything. Storge made sure no other dragons were around her, they wouldn’t be very happy to have her out without permission. She wasn’t allowed to leave on her own, which made things quite hard for Storge, especially when she just wanted to escape and stretch her wings. Storge went back to focusing on the hunt, listening out for the faint scurrying of a rabbit, or the soft breathing of a deer. Suddenly, she heard the patter of nearby feet and was about to pounce when another dragon came and snatched the prey before her. Storge stood up indignantly and snarled at the other dragon. The dragon stepped forth, he was a battered looking Wildclaw, he was missing an eye and several teeth, and he had a forever crippled wing. He held a rabbit in his jaws and a growl rose from his throat.

“Your not supposed to be out here!” He snapped, dropping the rabbit at his feet. Storge was paying far more attention to that then his scolding. Finally the dragon came up and smacked her on the side of the head with his tail. She looked up and felt slightly intimidated by his angry, and piercing glare. She felt like her insides were melting and like the gaze itself might kill her. “Remember! We’re supposed to keep an eye on you, hell forget about you we need to keep an eye on those powers remember?!” Storge felt guilt stab her, how could she forget? As the dragon led her back to the hidden shelter Storge went back to a couple months ago and remembered the awful feeling that had overcome her.

Storge knew her lineage was...special, although little was known about it. She knew that’s why they had taken her egg and hid her away from the outside world, from her family. She just didn’t realize the kind of destruction she was capable of-especially since she didn’t know she had those kinds of deadly abilities.

It had been a stormy night, rain fell hard and lightning flashed brightly behind the shadowy mountains in which Storge and several other dragons sheltered. Storge had insisted that she should go out into the rain, and help them see if there were any intruders about the land. The patrol leader, Heather figured she couldn’t be much of a worry, as long as they kept an eye on her. So Storge had set out and followed Heather and several other dragons into the rain. Storge knew that most dragons despised the rain, but because her contact with the outside world was so limited, Storge absolutely loved it. She laughed happily, and flew one way to the next examining the land before her. Eventually they came upon an area where the woods got particularly thick, and Heather motioned for them to come down into the woods. Storge and the other followed and kept as quiet as possible, which was easy considering the heavy rain. Storge was following along the dragons until they came upon a group of rogues. Storge stepped up beside Heather and the dragons stared each other down. The leader of the pack of rouges stepped forth and laughed at Heather when she said for them to step off the land, and then eyed Storge carefully. He then again barked with laughter, “Bringing weak and pretty dragons to fight eh? What are you guys going to do, tell us to leave? I mean you already asked, not like your little group can do much anyways.” It happened agonizingly slowly for Storge, but she could feel it taking over; she could feel herself being swallowed by the darkness, her mind fighting and gasping for air. Then she remembered feeling infuriated with the dragon, a murderous feeling took her over, it was like a wildfire had spread throughout her body. And then, she remembered the other dragons thoughts, she remembered them being her puppets, she bent them to their will and watched as they struggled, she laughed. Heather and the other dragons looked horrified, but Storge couldn’t hear them, she could only hear the pitiful screams of the other dragons as she made them kill themselves. Stabbed themselves, hung themselves, drowned themselves, clawed themselves to death, Storge let out one last laugh before the monstrous feeling left her mind. Then, she passed out before she could even comprehend what she had just done.

Storge had awoken back in the shelter, and the healer had told her that she was simply in a fit of rage, but Storge knew that was far from the truth. Nobody was telling her the truth, why did they keep her here anyways? What did it matter if they were afraid of what she could do? As she walked back to the shelter, she remembered the awful feeling of washing blood off of her talons, and the second set of memories she had. It was like a voice had invaded her mind and now they wouldn’t leave.

Storge and the Wildclaw approached the shelter. As Storge walked into the shelter, she avoided all other dragons gazes and crawled into her small room.

Her room had a small bed, a little desk made of pine wood, and a chandelier at the very top. She closed the door behind her and pulled out a leatherbound journal. This was one of the few gifts she was given while she was here. She opened it up and looked at her entry from the day she had a taste of her powers. She remembered how she panicked, how no one wanted to tell her anything. She remembered feeling utterly alone and monstrous. Storge was a dragon, not a monster, right? Just as she was about to close her journal, she froze with fear.

“Hello my dear dragon, you are no monster, you are a god.” Storge froze and thought back to the voice in her head. Who are you and what do you want? Storge lay down for a few minutes and held her breath, maybe that was just her thoughts taking over, nothing more. Then to her horror the voice came back.

“I can’t believe you actually thought you could get rid of me, I can’t believe you don’t know who I am? Has nobody in this stupid little “shelter” ever told you anything? No of course not, our kind is feared by all dragons my dear Storge.” Why? “Oh, because the powers we possess are far more powerful than any dragon could ever imagine. I remember destroying the homes of dragons, hearing them beg for mercy and watching as they burned. They underestimated me and thought they could control me.” Storge sat in silence taking everything in. “What happened to you that day was a great thing and it is nothing to be feared.” How should I not be scared? “Easy, learn how to use your powers to bend others to your will.” I don’t want to do that though! That doesn’t sound like anything i'd’ ever want to do! “Well then these dragons are doing an awful job of raising you, you should be learning the full potential of your powers and nothing more than that.” I don’t want to do that though, that sounds awful, it sounds lonely. “Who cares about being lonely so long as you have these powers?” Storge thought about that for a minute, would it be that bad, living alone? Maybe whoever this was was right about that, maybe she would prosper outside of this god-forsaken shelter.

Storge looked slowly opened her door and slowly peeked outside, both her and the voice agreed that escaping this place would be the best idea. She slowly crawled out and walked down the small and cramped corridor. If she needed to ever hide, this wasn’t the best place to do it, she would most likely be caught. This would lead to a lot of questions that Storge didn’t really feel like answering. She walked on until she came into a large opening, the door was just ahead of her. All she had to do was slip past, most dragons were in meetings, and Storge knew it was only a matter of time before they came out. The center was surrounded by large boulders, big enough to fit several dragons, and were created as places of meeting. Storge had never gotten a chance to see the inside, so it didn’t really matter to her. Storge then remembered something, maybe she could use her powers to allow herself to slip out. Storge focused on the same magical and albeit angry feeling that overtook her, she thought about what the voice had told her “let your mind take over my dear dragon”. Storge felt the ground shake, she opened her eyes and felt as anger overcame her. All the bad feelings and thoughts came into her mind at once and Storge watched with glee as rocks began to crumble, and dragons ran out to see what was happening. They started to point at Storge and cry out in fear. Storge watched as dragons were crushed, and as the center now had an opening, Storge flew up avoiding the falling debris. More and more dragons were dying and Storge could care less. Flying up Storge felt her powers grow stronger, andin one last burst of magic and anger the shelter fell completely.

Storge flew to the ground and stumbled for a bit, her head hurt terribly and she looked back at the ruined shelter. Storge felt as tears came to her eyes, that voice told her she should love her powers, but look what they had done.Her only home was in ruins, all the dragons inside were dead. “WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME! YOU SAID IT WOULD ALL WORK BUT LOOK AT WHAT I HAVE DONE!” The voice remained silent for sometime as Storge sobbed, pulling at the grass and looking away at the rubble. Then the voice came back.
“Quit your crying, that was bound to happen at some point, hiding your powers has only made them more uncontrollable. Those idiots, it isn’t your fault, it’s their fault.” Storge shook her head, it didn’t make sense, how was it their fault? Storge asked again Who are you? What do you want?

The voice let out a soft chuckle, sending chills down Storge’s spine.

“My dear, my name is Naomi, you are my descendent, and together we will rule the lands and be the most powerful dragons to ever exist.”

Here's a nice little outfit idea:
Storge

Also may I be pinged for winners please @Mir ? Thanks again for doing this!
[emoji=scroll 2 size=1]
zqaDToE.png < MIR | THEY/HE | EARTH FLIGHT | +9 FR TIME >
> Naomi Descendants Thread (4th gen descendants)
> Wishlist/Skin and item hunt
> Sales tab
> Art Shop
Affiliate bump!
Affiliate bump!
egg_adopt_sig_size.png
elduwen
He/she
Writing enthusiast
egg_adopt_sig_size.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18