Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Author Adoption Agency: Trade Or Create!
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 61 62
bump
bump
19153.png arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifAuthor Adoption Agency 21400.png
@Fr0stBites
@AshenFlame
please ping or pm me when a dragon that you donated has changed status in some way!
@Fr0stBites
@AshenFlame
please ping or pm me when a dragon that you donated has changed status in some way!
[center] @nebuladragon I've never written a story/lore for FR before but I absolutely love Solaire so I wanted to try! I hope this is ok[/center] __________________________________________________________________________ [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24601204] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/246013/24601204_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][i]Natures first green is gold,[/i][/center] [center][i]her hardest hue to hold.[/i][/center] [center][i]Her early leafs a flower;[/i][/center] [center][i]But only so an hour.[/i][/center] [center][i]Then leaf subsides to leaf.[/i][/center] [center][i]So Eden sank to grief,[/i][/center] [center][i]so dawn goes down to day.[/i][/center] [center][i]Nothing Gold can stay.[/i][/center] Those born to the path of nature will never struggle to find light. That's what Solaire had always understood from a young age. Born as one of the few golden hatchlings to a den of green nature dragons, she was believed to bring about good luck, long sunshine, and a bountiful nature harvest to her clan. Usually a clan to wander from greenery to greenery seeking the warmest spot, Solaire was a sign of home. For several years the sun shined on their nature den, and life was simple. Life was good. Then dusk came. It wasn't darkness, nor cold. It was merely the lingering sensation between the dragons that things were not what they once were. There was a darkness looming, whether it be in their minds or the stars the Dragons weren't sure. However, their worries were dissuaded, the reassurance that as long as Solaire shined bright, nature would thrive. The twin sun. However Solaire bore no great power. Her words of concern and worry fell on deaf ears. She fought to make the other dragons understand that she had no control over the warmth and the sun, and that if they were to stay put in their den they were to wilt away in the darkness with the green. But the elders simply comforted her, telling her she had nothing to worry about. That when the time was right, she would shine as their sun. As darkness continued to creep, Solaire did what she could to be brighter, stronger, and able to protect her people. So when dusk turned to night, hidden in the darkness she left. In search of a magic beyond that of her own nature which could make her into the sun her people needed. She turned first to the nature magic within the crystal caves, melding herself with them to become stronger through their reflective properties. She tried to return to her nature den, but found herself stumbling in the darkness, the light too dim to reflect anything enough to see. There would be no finding her clan in this, and even if she did, what then? How would she lead them back to the sun when she the light bringer herself could barely see? And so she turned to darker nature. A nature unheard of within her clan. The nature of machine. The whir of life and heat and warmth which came from the mysterious and monstrous beast. Solaire laid among the circuitry and felt herself come alive within the current in a way the sun had never made her feel. Brighter, faster, stronger, surreal. The light flowing through her was artificial, but it was enough. So when dawn broke the night, Solaire found her way home. However there was no home to shine light upon. The green of the den had fallen into something brighter but heavier than darkness; ash. The lush green of the forest floor, the canopy trees, the clan in which she had made her home was nothing but soot beneath her claws. So when dawn went down to day, when Solaire burned brighter than she ever had before, when her quest was finally done, she left. She knew the clan she had left behind was gone. She chose to believe they had found a new den of course. That the ash was simply a relic of a time in between and not the symbol that all she once had was truly gone from the world. Besides, nothing gold can stay.
@nebuladragon I've never written a story/lore for FR before but I absolutely love Solaire so I wanted to try! I hope this is ok

Natures first green is gold,
her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leafs a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
so dawn goes down to day.
Nothing Gold can stay.

Those born to the path of nature will never struggle to find light. That's what Solaire had always understood from a young age. Born as one of the few golden hatchlings to a den of green nature dragons, she was believed to bring about good luck, long sunshine, and a bountiful nature harvest to her clan. Usually a clan to wander from greenery to greenery seeking the warmest spot, Solaire was a sign of home. For several years the sun shined on their nature den, and life was simple. Life was good.

Then dusk came. It wasn't darkness, nor cold. It was merely the lingering sensation between the dragons that things were not what they once were. There was a darkness looming, whether it be in their minds or the stars the Dragons weren't sure. However, their worries were dissuaded, the reassurance that as long as Solaire shined bright, nature would thrive. The twin sun.

However Solaire bore no great power. Her words of concern and worry fell on deaf ears. She fought to make the other dragons understand that she had no control over the warmth and the sun, and that if they were to stay put in their den they were to wilt away in the darkness with the green. But the elders simply comforted her, telling her she had nothing to worry about. That when the time was right, she would shine as their sun. As darkness continued to creep, Solaire did what she could to be brighter, stronger, and able to protect her people.

So when dusk turned to night, hidden in the darkness she left. In search of a magic beyond that of her own nature which could make her into the sun her people needed. She turned first to the nature magic within the crystal caves, melding herself with them to become stronger through their reflective properties. She tried to return to her nature den, but found herself stumbling in the darkness, the light too dim to reflect anything enough to see. There would be no finding her clan in this, and even if she did, what then? How would she lead them back to the sun when she the light bringer herself could barely see?

And so she turned to darker nature. A nature unheard of within her clan. The nature of machine. The whir of life and heat and warmth which came from the mysterious and monstrous beast. Solaire laid among the circuitry and felt herself come alive within the current in a way the sun had never made her feel. Brighter, faster, stronger, surreal. The light flowing through her was artificial, but it was enough.

So when dawn broke the night, Solaire found her way home. However there was no home to shine light upon. The green of the den had fallen into something brighter but heavier than darkness; ash. The lush green of the forest floor, the canopy trees, the clan in which she had made her home was nothing but soot beneath her claws.

So when dawn went down to day, when Solaire burned brighter than she ever had before, when her quest was finally done, she left. She knew the clan she had left behind was gone. She chose to believe they had found a new den of course. That the ash was simply a relic of a time in between and not the symbol that all she once had was truly gone from the world. Besides, nothing gold can stay.
Ilya || She/Her|| 20
bisexual-demisexual-heckin-queer.png
@Hollysharks
What a lovely, dark tale with small glimpses of light!
Stories like these always hearken me back to chasing fireflies in one of the darker times of my life.

Thank you for writing this, and I hope this helped you break out of your shell so you might write more!
@Hollysharks
What a lovely, dark tale with small glimpses of light!
Stories like these always hearken me back to chasing fireflies in one of the darker times of my life.

Thank you for writing this, and I hope this helped you break out of your shell so you might write more!
bump
bump
bump
bump
@AshenFlame. Sorry, I had lots of home work -p-
Anyway, here is the finished lore for Mortis.
The moon rose high in the sky, basking its silvery light on the valley below it where the dragons of the nearby lair made their nests. Standing by one of the nests was mother, who seemed to be staring at a nest with five eggs in it. The eggs seemed to draw in the moonlight, drinking it up, absorbing it, almost. The mother knew that her children wouldn't be normal, and they certainly would never fit in. The would be born as 'Moon Children', the name given to hatchlings born under the light of a blue moon. Moon Children were born with a rare ability. They could harness the power of one of eleven telepathic abilities, but they were only born with one.

The mother jumped as the surface of an egg cracked. She peered over the others at it, but it stayed that way. The other eggs began to quiver, and then pieces of eggshell fell off as little heads poked their way out. The mother smiled as her four children gathered around her body. She reached up and gathered moonlight on her fingers, and then brought it down for them so that they could eat. The hatchlings happily feasted upon the moonlight that had pooled in her palms. But one egg still remained unhatched. The mother reached out a hand qnd tapped on the surface of the egg.The moon rose high in the sky, basking its silvery light on the valley below it where the dragons of the nearby lair made their nests. Standing by one of the nests was mother, who seemed to be staring at a nest with five eggs in it. The eggs seemed to draw in the moonlight, drinking it up, absorbing it, almost. The mother knew that her children wouldn't be normal, and they certainly would never fit in. The would be born as 'Moon Children', the name given to hatchlings born under the light of a blue moon. Moon Children were born with a rare ability. They could harness the power of one of eleven telepathic abilities, but they were only born with a rare ability. They could harness the power of one of eleven telepathic abilities, but they were only born with one.

The mother jumped as the surface of an egg cracked. She peered over the others at it, but it stayed that way. The other eggs began to quiver, and then pieces of eggshell fell off as little heads poked their way out. The mother smiled as her four children gathered around her body. She reached up and gathered moonlight on her fingers, and then brought it down for them so that they could eat. The hatchlings happily feasted upon the moonlight that had pooled in her palms. But one egg still remained unhatched. The mother reached out a hand and tapped on the surface of the egg.

"Time to come out little one." She whispered. The surface cracked, and a small little silvery head poked out of the egg. The mother smiled, and held out her hand, letting the small hatchling crawl onto it. She blinked, rather confused, at he opened his eyes. They were different than the other hatchlings eyes. Lighter, less angry looking. The mother smiled.

Mortis had known she was different from the other hatchlings from the start. For instance, her eyes were less bloody red and more of a bloodshot red. Second, she was known as a 'Moon Child' meaning that he had some telepathic ability she could use, like her siblings. And hers ability was telepathy. She could move things around with his mind with ease, but she was forbidden to do it in school, because it scared the other children. She didn't mind though. She hardly used his magic anyway. Her brother, Chromatic, could read minds, literal telepathy. QinYan could wipe minds, Windstorm could jumble up a mind, ad the sister who Mortis ever remembered her name could alter memories. Mortis's power was the only one that didn't effect other dragons.

However, the five siblings lived a rough life. Moon Children were not prized and shown off, but actually shunned and shamed. Their mother had assured them that when they grew up and moved to their own lairs, they wouldn't be shunned or shamed, but the hatchlings didn't believe her. Why would they? They had grown up in a world where cruelty was a normal.
They had often thought about letting QinYan erase the memories of the five of them being Moon Children out of the minds of all of the dragons in the lair, so that way no one would remember what they were. But they were too afraid to try it, lest something go wrong.

Until one day, when their father returned home from the Wavecrest Saturnalia. He had taken one look at the children's abilities, slapped them all across the face, and divorced their mother. The children were enraged. So enraged, that they decided to do what they decided to never do. Erase everyones minds.
"I need to concentrate." He had told his siblings, walking into his room and shutting the door. It had been a few minutes before he emerged again.
"I'm ready, but I need Mortis's help." He told Mortis. Mortis nodded her head in agreement.

"I'm just going to warn you, I might erase your memory of having powers too." QinYan warned. Mortis smiled.
"For mother, I'll take the risk."
QinYan nodded and closed his eyes, taking Mortis's hand. For a moment, all was silent. Mortis fed her power into Qins, steadily, like a waterfall into a lake. And then, suddenly, everything went fuzzy inside of her mind. She tried to remember something, anything, but it was all fuzzy and unintelligible. And then, everything went blank.

"Mortis! Wake up!" Her eyes shot open. Four hatchlings stood around her worried expressions on each of their faces.
"Mortis, who am I?" Qin asked.
"Your my brother, Qin." She replied. The dragons sighed with relief.
"And what's my Moon Child power?" Qin questioned. Mortis cocked her head.
"Moon Child? What's that?"
@AshenFlame. Sorry, I had lots of home work -p-
Anyway, here is the finished lore for Mortis.
The moon rose high in the sky, basking its silvery light on the valley below it where the dragons of the nearby lair made their nests. Standing by one of the nests was mother, who seemed to be staring at a nest with five eggs in it. The eggs seemed to draw in the moonlight, drinking it up, absorbing it, almost. The mother knew that her children wouldn't be normal, and they certainly would never fit in. The would be born as 'Moon Children', the name given to hatchlings born under the light of a blue moon. Moon Children were born with a rare ability. They could harness the power of one of eleven telepathic abilities, but they were only born with one.

The mother jumped as the surface of an egg cracked. She peered over the others at it, but it stayed that way. The other eggs began to quiver, and then pieces of eggshell fell off as little heads poked their way out. The mother smiled as her four children gathered around her body. She reached up and gathered moonlight on her fingers, and then brought it down for them so that they could eat. The hatchlings happily feasted upon the moonlight that had pooled in her palms. But one egg still remained unhatched. The mother reached out a hand qnd tapped on the surface of the egg.The moon rose high in the sky, basking its silvery light on the valley below it where the dragons of the nearby lair made their nests. Standing by one of the nests was mother, who seemed to be staring at a nest with five eggs in it. The eggs seemed to draw in the moonlight, drinking it up, absorbing it, almost. The mother knew that her children wouldn't be normal, and they certainly would never fit in. The would be born as 'Moon Children', the name given to hatchlings born under the light of a blue moon. Moon Children were born with a rare ability. They could harness the power of one of eleven telepathic abilities, but they were only born with a rare ability. They could harness the power of one of eleven telepathic abilities, but they were only born with one.

The mother jumped as the surface of an egg cracked. She peered over the others at it, but it stayed that way. The other eggs began to quiver, and then pieces of eggshell fell off as little heads poked their way out. The mother smiled as her four children gathered around her body. She reached up and gathered moonlight on her fingers, and then brought it down for them so that they could eat. The hatchlings happily feasted upon the moonlight that had pooled in her palms. But one egg still remained unhatched. The mother reached out a hand and tapped on the surface of the egg.

"Time to come out little one." She whispered. The surface cracked, and a small little silvery head poked out of the egg. The mother smiled, and held out her hand, letting the small hatchling crawl onto it. She blinked, rather confused, at he opened his eyes. They were different than the other hatchlings eyes. Lighter, less angry looking. The mother smiled.

Mortis had known she was different from the other hatchlings from the start. For instance, her eyes were less bloody red and more of a bloodshot red. Second, she was known as a 'Moon Child' meaning that he had some telepathic ability she could use, like her siblings. And hers ability was telepathy. She could move things around with his mind with ease, but she was forbidden to do it in school, because it scared the other children. She didn't mind though. She hardly used his magic anyway. Her brother, Chromatic, could read minds, literal telepathy. QinYan could wipe minds, Windstorm could jumble up a mind, ad the sister who Mortis ever remembered her name could alter memories. Mortis's power was the only one that didn't effect other dragons.

However, the five siblings lived a rough life. Moon Children were not prized and shown off, but actually shunned and shamed. Their mother had assured them that when they grew up and moved to their own lairs, they wouldn't be shunned or shamed, but the hatchlings didn't believe her. Why would they? They had grown up in a world where cruelty was a normal.
They had often thought about letting QinYan erase the memories of the five of them being Moon Children out of the minds of all of the dragons in the lair, so that way no one would remember what they were. But they were too afraid to try it, lest something go wrong.

Until one day, when their father returned home from the Wavecrest Saturnalia. He had taken one look at the children's abilities, slapped them all across the face, and divorced their mother. The children were enraged. So enraged, that they decided to do what they decided to never do. Erase everyones minds.
"I need to concentrate." He had told his siblings, walking into his room and shutting the door. It had been a few minutes before he emerged again.
"I'm ready, but I need Mortis's help." He told Mortis. Mortis nodded her head in agreement.

"I'm just going to warn you, I might erase your memory of having powers too." QinYan warned. Mortis smiled.
"For mother, I'll take the risk."
QinYan nodded and closed his eyes, taking Mortis's hand. For a moment, all was silent. Mortis fed her power into Qins, steadily, like a waterfall into a lake. And then, suddenly, everything went fuzzy inside of her mind. She tried to remember something, anything, but it was all fuzzy and unintelligible. And then, everything went blank.

"Mortis! Wake up!" Her eyes shot open. Four hatchlings stood around her worried expressions on each of their faces.
"Mortis, who am I?" Qin asked.
"Your my brother, Qin." She replied. The dragons sighed with relief.
"And what's my Moon Child power?" Qin questioned. Mortis cocked her head.
"Moon Child? What's that?"
0nY9TgK.png
6kR982D.png
vjHxXR9.png
WKtl2lb.png
fkWjutW.png
bump
bump
BUMP
BUMP
Orion - She/He/They - Abrosexual My Wishlist - Likes to drop random compliments - Always down for a roleplay - Will buy fodder primals (pm me if interested!)
IBp6F.gif
Hey! The dragons here are overwhelmingly gothic! Please adopt out goth dergs or donate more colorful ones!
Hey! The dragons here are overwhelmingly gothic! Please adopt out goth dergs or donate more colorful ones!
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 61 62