Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | The Lore Game (Free Dragons . Free Lore)
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16 17
@melbelletrend It took me forever, but here's the lore for Azannon! [quote=Azannon's Heart] The Southern Icefields can be a cruel, harsh place, especially during the winter months. Azannon knows that better than any. And it is for that reason that he braved the chill each day and night, venturing into the lethal cold with little more than a coat on his back. On a good day, the towering Ridgeback returns with a half-frozen hatchling or a starving traveller. On a bad one, he returns with an ice-cold corpse on his back. He provides food and warmth to any live dragon he can fish from the treacherous snowbanks, and for the dead, Azannon offers them a proper burial and does his best to bring their loved ones peace of mind. By doing so, he has become a father or godfather to many orphaned hatchlings, and cares for his children well. His kind actions have made him into a sort of myth in neighboring clans - a benevolent spirit, if you will. But for all his generosity and good deeds, no dragon knows why Azannon does the things he does. Long, long ago, Azannon was one of those lost and orphaned hatchlings, stumbling about in a blizzard that grounded him and stole away his breath. He was on the brink of succumbing to the frost, when a travelling Tundra stumbling upon him. The Tundra whisked him out of the cold, offering Azannon his own shelter and food while he recovered. Slowly, the kindly Tundra became Azannon’s family, and it was with their help and encouragement that he became the dragon he is today. Said Tundra has been dead for many years now, but every time Azannon plunges into the lethal chill of the Southern Icefields, he does it for them. [/quote] Also, I'd like to write some lore for Champion! I think I'll be able to do some art for Appletree as well~
@melbelletrend
It took me forever, but here's the lore for Azannon!
Azannon's Heart wrote:
The Southern Icefields can be a cruel, harsh place, especially during the winter months. Azannon knows that better than any. And it is for that reason that he braved the chill each day and night, venturing into the lethal cold with little more than a coat on his back.

On a good day, the towering Ridgeback returns with a half-frozen hatchling or a starving traveller. On a bad one, he returns with an ice-cold corpse on his back. He provides food and warmth to any live dragon he can fish from the treacherous snowbanks, and for the dead, Azannon offers them a proper burial and does his best to bring their loved ones peace of mind. By doing so, he has become a father or godfather to many orphaned hatchlings, and cares for his children well. His kind actions have made him into a sort of myth in neighboring clans - a benevolent spirit, if you will. But for all his generosity and good deeds, no dragon knows why Azannon does the things he does.

Long, long ago, Azannon was one of those lost and orphaned hatchlings, stumbling about in a blizzard that grounded him and stole away his breath. He was on the brink of succumbing to the frost, when a travelling Tundra stumbling upon him. The Tundra whisked him out of the cold, offering Azannon his own shelter and food while he recovered. Slowly, the kindly Tundra became Azannon’s family, and it was with their help and encouragement that he became the dragon he is today. Said Tundra has been dead for many years now, but every time Azannon plunges into the lethal chill of the Southern Icefields, he does it for them.

Also, I'd like to write some lore for Champion! I think I'll be able to do some art for Appletree as well~
vjFLC.gif she/her
ace/bi
+2 FR time
forever rambling
@melbelletrend

Here's some lore for the silver poison skydancer girl!
Quote:
"A match made by the gods!"

"A union blessed by the Firecaller herself!"

"Their children will be the greatest the clan has ever seen."

Lies. All of them.

Oh, but it's not obvious at first. When she breaks from her egg, skin streaked with soot and coal, the watching dragons celebrate. She lifts her head high and shouts out loud and in that moment, she is perfect.

"She'll be an amazing mage," the prophets all say. "The fourteenth daughter of a fourteenth daughter, she is blessed with magic free from the influence of higher powers. She will lead our clan into a new age of prosperity and will save us from all our troubles."

A breathtaking prophecy. Dragons watch her wherever she goes, calling her 'Blessed One' and 'Fire Mage'. They fall over themselves to do things for her. One look from her can determine whether a newcomer will be welcomed or shunned.

It's heady, having this much power over others.

It's horrible, when the world comes crashing down around her.

She's a fledgling and she still has shown no sign of elemental power, and that's when the scholars start fretting over their scrolls again. "Perhaps it's meant to be the fourteenth child of the thirteenth child," they say. "Perhaps we've been wrong. Perhaps we've been treating destiny like it was a plaything and dragging you along with us."

They decide that she's not a child of prophecy. The dragons that used to fawn over her every word now laugh behind her back and sneer in her face. The fledglings that used to trail behind her, rapturous, abandon her for the next popular thing.

And she's angry. Angry that she's been promised greatness, only to have it ripped away and replaced with powerlessness. Angry that dragons she used to consider friends have left her in the dust and treat her as such.

So if they think she's sticking around, sticking around to be their personal abuse toy, well, they've got another thing coming.

She leaves the clan without looking back, impervious to their dying screams.
@melbelletrend

Here's some lore for the silver poison skydancer girl!
Quote:
"A match made by the gods!"

"A union blessed by the Firecaller herself!"

"Their children will be the greatest the clan has ever seen."

Lies. All of them.

Oh, but it's not obvious at first. When she breaks from her egg, skin streaked with soot and coal, the watching dragons celebrate. She lifts her head high and shouts out loud and in that moment, she is perfect.

"She'll be an amazing mage," the prophets all say. "The fourteenth daughter of a fourteenth daughter, she is blessed with magic free from the influence of higher powers. She will lead our clan into a new age of prosperity and will save us from all our troubles."

A breathtaking prophecy. Dragons watch her wherever she goes, calling her 'Blessed One' and 'Fire Mage'. They fall over themselves to do things for her. One look from her can determine whether a newcomer will be welcomed or shunned.

It's heady, having this much power over others.

It's horrible, when the world comes crashing down around her.

She's a fledgling and she still has shown no sign of elemental power, and that's when the scholars start fretting over their scrolls again. "Perhaps it's meant to be the fourteenth child of the thirteenth child," they say. "Perhaps we've been wrong. Perhaps we've been treating destiny like it was a plaything and dragging you along with us."

They decide that she's not a child of prophecy. The dragons that used to fawn over her every word now laugh behind her back and sneer in her face. The fledglings that used to trail behind her, rapturous, abandon her for the next popular thing.

And she's angry. Angry that she's been promised greatness, only to have it ripped away and replaced with powerlessness. Angry that dragons she used to consider friends have left her in the dust and treat her as such.

So if they think she's sticking around, sticking around to be their personal abuse toy, well, they've got another thing coming.

She leaves the clan without looking back, impervious to their dying screams.
more permas in my hibden!
fandragon list
@Flightstorm9 of course! Sending them over!
@Flightstorm9 of course! Sending them over!
chd0.gif
@melbelletrend

I'd like to see new dragons!
@melbelletrend

I'd like to see new dragons!
XGtgfcm.pngsFMScix.png1arPkdI.pngWH26Bag.pngiwOM9O6.pngEneOgWB.png
v8f8ZKI.png
@melbelletrend I have Artelius and RazzleDazzle (the parents of the Radioactive hatchlings) on a nest again. One one egg this time, so I'll send it over to you, unless it's primal or something.
@melbelletrend I have Artelius and RazzleDazzle (the parents of the Radioactive hatchlings) on a nest again. One one egg this time, so I'll send it over to you, unless it's primal or something.
7zcCDc4.png[/center
@melbelletrend I'll have to cancel writing that lore because I've been quite busy lately, can you take me off the pinglist and remove me from writing Ithrosa's lore? Thank you! (sorry if I spelled her name wrong)
@melbelletrend I'll have to cancel writing that lore because I've been quite busy lately, can you take me off the pinglist and remove me from writing Ithrosa's lore? Thank you! (sorry if I spelled her name wrong)
@melbelletrend Could you add me to the pinglist for new dragons and writing lore? Thanks!
@melbelletrend Could you add me to the pinglist for new dragons and writing lore? Thanks!
@EmeraldJubilee & @Fabro

Thank you both so much for writing some lore! I'll update their profiles shortly :)

@Featherclan adding you now!
@EmeraldJubilee & @Fabro

Thank you both so much for writing some lore! I'll update their profiles shortly :)

@Featherclan adding you now!
chd0.gif
11 new dragons up!

Pinglists!

I want to see the new dergs!
@Featherclan

I want to write lore!
@ghostlyplants @Redtiger7736 @PepperClove @MalaikaKupanda @Fabro @LemonySnaket @ofkismetandkalon @Yensha @AngelCrown @Featherclan @HolyShipper @EmeraldJubilee

I've offered kindly to supply art!
@Redtiger7736 @MalaikaKupanda @LemonySnaket @Yensha @AngelCrown
11 new dragons up!

Pinglists!

I want to see the new dergs!
@Featherclan

I want to write lore!
@ghostlyplants @Redtiger7736 @PepperClove @MalaikaKupanda @Fabro @LemonySnaket @ofkismetandkalon @Yensha @AngelCrown @Featherclan @HolyShipper @EmeraldJubilee

I've offered kindly to supply art!
@Redtiger7736 @MalaikaKupanda @LemonySnaket @Yensha @AngelCrown
chd0.gif
@melbelletrend
Can I write lore for Unlucky? That name gives me ideas (if he's free ofc)
@melbelletrend
Can I write lore for Unlucky? That name gives me ideas (if he's free ofc)
- they/them
- +8 FR time
- Feel free to talk/ping!
- Old UN: LemonySnaket

kBjtmwi.png kd8tKB5.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16 17