Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Writer's Rescue: Lore Galore!
1 2 ... 701 702 703 704 705 706 707
@mermaidlorelei Sorry for the delay! Here's what wrote for this boy! I'll be naming him Enki! [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56616478] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/566165/56616478_350.png[/img] [/url] "What strange runes..." An archaeologist, their scales dusty from the labels of their work, ran their talons gently across what appeared to be the shoulder of a metallic statue. He considered himself very wise in all things ancient history, but the young upstart has never seen runes like these before. Not had he seen work like this before either. His brow furrowed as he traced the runes on the statue's side, cold metal meeting the underside of his palm. [i]No[/i], he decided, [i]this is definitely modern work[/i]. So how did it end up here, half-buried in the ruins of a collapsed historical excavation site? Just as the archaeologist began to ask himself these questions, he absently found a panel in the statue's side that clicked beneath his claws. He pulled his talon away like he had been burnt, but the damage was done. A low, mechanical whirring filled the room as the runes began to glow with energy. The archaeologist took a step back, his eyes wide and his heart racing. ~ [i]Commencing startup of Project HEARTH System check... Motor functions....online Cooling system....offline Navigation system....online Sonar system....offline Weapons system....online Damage to left wing detected Damage to secondary left leg detected Processing speed....average Welcome, user ENKI[/i] ~ The great android's eyes squeal open, glowing with a dim electric light. [i]It was dark[/i]. With great difficulty, his lifted his finely-crafted head, sending great hunks of rock tumbling down below. A frightened yelp echoed the crash of boulders, causing Enki to quickly turn his metallic head towards the sound. A Skydancer trembled beneath him. Enki made a move to comfort them, but was stopped as pain burned up his left shoulder. He turned his head once more to investigate, his eyes adjusting to the dark with a faint whirring. One of his great metal wings was partly torn from his body and badly dented, pinned beneath what could easily be a ton of rocks. Exposed wire sparked with stinging blue energy. Enki shifted again - more mindful of his wing this time - and once more sent a shower of dust and stone raining from the ceiling. This would be fine, of course, if it weren't for the little Skydancer at his feet. Enki lowered his head to their level as best he could. They trembled in fear. He wished he could make this flesh-and-blood dragon understand, but he doubted the cave would hold long enough. "Leave." Enki rumbled. "It's unsafe." For punctuation, Enki shoved the rocks around him, causing the half-collapsed cave to groan in protest. The Skydancer didn't have to be told twice. They turned tail and ran, leaving Enki alone and trapped in the dark. After many long, careful minutes, Enki was running from the cave. The time for caution was in the past; the roof of the cave was insistent on following the android out, and nipped at his heels as he went. He burst into the run with all the glory of a three-legged iguana, very narrowly avoiding further damage from the rockfall. As the resulting dust cleared, Enki was more than surprised roc find that the Skydancer was outside waiting for him, though by now they were about three seconds from hacking out their lungs. Still, he was somewhat touched by the gesture. He stayed, watching the dragon carefully. When the dragon recovered, the raised their deep brown eyes to Enki's face. They were confused and scared, that much was obvious. He stayed silent, watching. Finally, "Y-you're not real, are you?" Croaked the Skydancer. A sad sort of smile graced Enki's face. They didn't understand what they asked, he was sure, but that didn't soften the blow any. "Yes and no," the android hummed, "are you?" "I hope so." Enki huffed a laugh, which prompted a nervous chuckle from the Skydancer in turn. A staring and a silence solidified between the two. "So, uh." The Skydancer coughed. "Why were you in there?" Enki knew all too well. Great beasts of malice and fear, ignorance and rejection drove him into that cave. Malice of PROJECT, fear of his own, ignorance from the flesh and blood, rejection of the mind. Enki blinked at the Skydancer. "I'm not sure." A lie. They seemed surprised. "Ah. I see." They fidgeted with their talons awkwardly. "Do you...need help...with that?" They gestured to his wing. Without looking, Enki shook his head. "I will be fine." The words screamed at him so many nights ago echoed from his files. [i]Break free. Take FL/GHT[/i]. A map, a pair of coordinates was seared into his eyes. Enki knew where to go. The Skydancer nodded absently. "If you're sure..." "I am." Enki replied evenly. He turned, beginning his long trek away from the dusty plain. "Be safe, friend."[/center] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2680613][img]https://i.imgur.com/MgSM0ZQ.png[/img][/url]
@mermaidlorelei
Sorry for the delay! Here's what wrote for this boy! I'll be naming him Enki!

56616478_350.png

"What strange runes..."

An archaeologist, their scales dusty from the labels of their work, ran their talons gently across what appeared to be the shoulder of a metallic statue. He considered himself very wise in all things ancient history, but the young upstart has never seen runes like these before. Not had he seen work like this before either. His brow furrowed as he traced the runes on the statue's side, cold metal meeting the underside of his palm. No, he decided, this is definitely modern work.

So how did it end up here, half-buried in the ruins of a collapsed historical excavation site?

Just as the archaeologist began to ask himself these questions, he absently found a panel in the statue's side that clicked beneath his claws. He pulled his talon away like he had been burnt, but the damage was done. A low, mechanical whirring filled the room as the runes began to glow with energy. The archaeologist took a step back, his eyes wide and his heart racing.

~

Commencing startup of Project HEARTH

System check...

Motor functions....online

Cooling system....offline

Navigation system....online

Sonar system....offline

Weapons system....online

Damage to left wing detected

Damage to secondary left leg detected

Processing speed....average

Welcome, user ENKI

~

The great android's eyes squeal open, glowing with a dim electric light. It was dark. With great difficulty, his lifted his finely-crafted head, sending great hunks of rock tumbling down below. A frightened yelp echoed the crash of boulders, causing Enki to quickly turn his metallic head towards the sound.

A Skydancer trembled beneath him.

Enki made a move to comfort them, but was stopped as pain burned up his left shoulder. He turned his head once more to investigate, his eyes adjusting to the dark with a faint whirring. One of his great metal wings was partly torn from his body and badly dented, pinned beneath what could easily be a ton of rocks. Exposed wire sparked with stinging blue energy. Enki shifted again - more mindful of his wing this time - and once more sent a shower of dust and stone raining from the ceiling. This would be fine, of course, if it weren't for the little Skydancer at his feet.

Enki lowered his head to their level as best he could. They trembled in fear. He wished he could make this flesh-and-blood dragon understand, but he doubted the cave would hold long enough.

"Leave." Enki rumbled. "It's unsafe." For punctuation, Enki shoved the rocks around him, causing the half-collapsed cave to groan in protest.

The Skydancer didn't have to be told twice. They turned tail and ran, leaving Enki alone and trapped in the dark.

After many long, careful minutes, Enki was running from the cave. The time for caution was in the past; the roof of the cave was insistent on following the android out, and nipped at his heels as he went. He burst into the run with all the glory of a three-legged iguana, very narrowly avoiding further damage from the rockfall.

As the resulting dust cleared, Enki was more than surprised roc find that the Skydancer was outside waiting for him, though by now they were about three seconds from hacking out their lungs. Still, he was somewhat touched by the gesture. He stayed, watching the dragon carefully.

When the dragon recovered, the raised their deep brown eyes to Enki's face. They were confused and scared, that much was obvious. He stayed silent, watching.

Finally, "Y-you're not real, are you?" Croaked the Skydancer.

A sad sort of smile graced Enki's face. They didn't understand what they asked, he was sure, but that didn't soften the blow any. "Yes and no," the android hummed, "are you?"

"I hope so."

Enki huffed a laugh, which prompted a nervous chuckle from the Skydancer in turn. A staring and a silence solidified between the two.

"So, uh." The Skydancer coughed. "Why were you in there?"

Enki knew all too well. Great beasts of malice and fear, ignorance and rejection drove him into that cave. Malice of PROJECT, fear of his own, ignorance from the flesh and blood, rejection of the mind. Enki blinked at the Skydancer.

"I'm not sure." A lie.

They seemed surprised. "Ah. I see." They fidgeted with their talons awkwardly. "Do you...need help...with that?" They gestured to his wing.

Without looking, Enki shook his head. "I will be fine." The words screamed at him so many nights ago echoed from his files. Break free. Take FL/GHT. A map, a pair of coordinates was seared into his eyes. Enki knew where to go.

The Skydancer nodded absently. "If you're sure..."

"I am." Enki replied evenly. He turned, beginning his long trek away from the dusty plain. "Be safe, friend."
MgSM0ZQ.png
vjFLC.gif she/her
ace/bi
+2 FR time
forever rambling
@PricklyGoose Thank you for letting us know about his move! I'll send him to you right away ^-^

@LionHeart27 He's held for you!
@PricklyGoose Thank you for letting us know about his move! I'll send him to you right away ^-^

@LionHeart27 He's held for you!
@decaffeinated

Some dragons are odd balls. They behave in strange fashion and sometime don’t even think like dragons. Some attribute it to unknown sickness or tragic egg accident. None matter the reason for it, they exist and will not change. Other dragons must adapt to their quirkiness and make the most of it. Sometime, these strange and quirky dragons have incredible insight. Such is not the case for Blizzard the lizard as they call her. She, unfortunately, is simply slow as potato, but at least her antics aren’t dangerous and amuse greatly her people. There is nothing medically wrong about her specifically. Her mother describes her as a bit too imaginative for her own good, but then again who is she to say that considering all of her children are named after terrible puns. Some even accuse her mother of being at the source of her daughter’s behavior since all the puns are lizard related.

Blizzard most famous oddity is her undying belief she’s an actual lizard in a dragon’s body. That doesn’t prevent her from talking or casting spells, but she does refuse to fly unless absolutely necessary, flicks her tongue when she is curious about something and has an undying love for sweet fruits and will refuse to eat anything else. She refuses to touch any insect despite them being common in a Pearlcatcher diet. She also insists on “hunting” those sweet fruits. She will “stalk” fruits and pounce on them before licking them aggressively. This isn’t a very lizard like behavior, but she explains it by the fact that she’s a half gecko half monitor lizard in a dragon’s body. Nobody thinks it makes any sense, but that doesn’t seem to phase her at all. Her most “disturbing” habit is her unwillingness to blink. She really never blinks while holding a conversation and will deny doing so if someone points it out. It certainly makes her a bit creepy, but the Cinder Marsh is a free region where all dragons can be whatever they want to be. That’s all Blizzard needs to know and despite her strangeness she will be welcome there as yet another quirky little dragon.
@decaffeinated

Some dragons are odd balls. They behave in strange fashion and sometime don’t even think like dragons. Some attribute it to unknown sickness or tragic egg accident. None matter the reason for it, they exist and will not change. Other dragons must adapt to their quirkiness and make the most of it. Sometime, these strange and quirky dragons have incredible insight. Such is not the case for Blizzard the lizard as they call her. She, unfortunately, is simply slow as potato, but at least her antics aren’t dangerous and amuse greatly her people. There is nothing medically wrong about her specifically. Her mother describes her as a bit too imaginative for her own good, but then again who is she to say that considering all of her children are named after terrible puns. Some even accuse her mother of being at the source of her daughter’s behavior since all the puns are lizard related.

Blizzard most famous oddity is her undying belief she’s an actual lizard in a dragon’s body. That doesn’t prevent her from talking or casting spells, but she does refuse to fly unless absolutely necessary, flicks her tongue when she is curious about something and has an undying love for sweet fruits and will refuse to eat anything else. She refuses to touch any insect despite them being common in a Pearlcatcher diet. She also insists on “hunting” those sweet fruits. She will “stalk” fruits and pounce on them before licking them aggressively. This isn’t a very lizard like behavior, but she explains it by the fact that she’s a half gecko half monitor lizard in a dragon’s body. Nobody thinks it makes any sense, but that doesn’t seem to phase her at all. Her most “disturbing” habit is her unwillingness to blink. She really never blinks while holding a conversation and will deny doing so if someone points it out. It certainly makes her a bit creepy, but the Cinder Marsh is a free region where all dragons can be whatever they want to be. That’s all Blizzard needs to know and despite her strangeness she will be welcome there as yet another quirky little dragon.
@Decaffeinated
Can I be placed on the General pinglist?
@Decaffeinated
Can I be placed on the General pinglist?
LMLA6wg.png
@Decaffeinated
Here is his lore! I haven't written anything in a while, so I can't promise much for quality, but enjoy anyways?

Berseth always liked dressing up, ever since he was a hatchling. Sneaking away his mother's jewelry to drape over himself in front of a dirty mirror, stealing scraps of silk from the tailor to the tie around his wrists and rub until its frayed. He's a romantic too, constantly dreaming of dancing in the candlelight and watching the sunset day after day. He thought of love quite a bit, some soulmate out there and good friends aplenty.  Instead, here he was, curled up in a dark, damp cave with ragged feathers and not a pretty bauble in sight. Figures. He sneezes wetly, moaning to himself. And he was sick too. Just his luck. He had been trying to get to the Starfall Isles for some rich client who wanted a fancy dress or two-Berseth's head felt much to foggy to remember- and had decided to cut across the plague land borders. Not a smart idea, he knew, but he had been traveling for a few days already and hadn't been able to find a group that would take him with. He figured he would be alright if he was just inside the border-barely there at all-but the pack of wild mirrors said otherwise. He had stumbled across a cavern while scurrying away, one much to skinny for the muscled forms of the mirrors but perfect for Berseth's thin body. Minus his luggage, which he could hear them rifling through after they stopped trying to follow him into the cave. He had laid there feeling sorry for himself for a good while, until he could no longer hear the mirrors and the pinkish-red light of sunset was poking through, and was laying there still. Well, Berseth was never known for his amazing self-esteem. He figured he should move, crawl out of his hole and pick his way back home. He sneezed again. His limbs felt heavy. It would be alright for him to take a nap, wouldn't it? He had already lain here for deity knows how long and nothing had attacked him. And the entrance was rather well hidden, he didn't think he would have found it if not for literally tripping over it. He closed his eyes, shifting back and forth and praying his headache would go down. 

Then he heard the growl.

Because of course there was some growling, dragon-eating creature in his nice little safe spot. Of course. He opened his eyes slowly, dreading whatever would be in front of him. Which was...a dragon. At least, Berseth thinks its a dragon, what with its wings and claws and tail and very dragon like snout. Although it didn't have forearms. Oh! This must be one of those Banescales he heard about that had just emerged. It matched the descriptions he heard well enough. It snarled again, although it was more of a curious sound, now that he took the time to listen. The beast cocked its head, staring inquisitively. Berseth cleared his throat, preparing to speak. His voice was barely a rasp, and he cringed at the soreness in his throat. Guess he was sicker then he thought. The Banescale huffed at him, nudging him with its snout, before turning and padding farther into the cave. It paused a little ways in, looking over its shoulder and chirping at him, seeming to ask a question. Was he supposed to follow? He heaved himself to his feet, trudging slowly after. The creature chirped again, a happy sort of sound,  and continued farther into the caverns.
@Decaffeinated
Here is his lore! I haven't written anything in a while, so I can't promise much for quality, but enjoy anyways?

Berseth always liked dressing up, ever since he was a hatchling. Sneaking away his mother's jewelry to drape over himself in front of a dirty mirror, stealing scraps of silk from the tailor to the tie around his wrists and rub until its frayed. He's a romantic too, constantly dreaming of dancing in the candlelight and watching the sunset day after day. He thought of love quite a bit, some soulmate out there and good friends aplenty.  Instead, here he was, curled up in a dark, damp cave with ragged feathers and not a pretty bauble in sight. Figures. He sneezes wetly, moaning to himself. And he was sick too. Just his luck. He had been trying to get to the Starfall Isles for some rich client who wanted a fancy dress or two-Berseth's head felt much to foggy to remember- and had decided to cut across the plague land borders. Not a smart idea, he knew, but he had been traveling for a few days already and hadn't been able to find a group that would take him with. He figured he would be alright if he was just inside the border-barely there at all-but the pack of wild mirrors said otherwise. He had stumbled across a cavern while scurrying away, one much to skinny for the muscled forms of the mirrors but perfect for Berseth's thin body. Minus his luggage, which he could hear them rifling through after they stopped trying to follow him into the cave. He had laid there feeling sorry for himself for a good while, until he could no longer hear the mirrors and the pinkish-red light of sunset was poking through, and was laying there still. Well, Berseth was never known for his amazing self-esteem. He figured he should move, crawl out of his hole and pick his way back home. He sneezed again. His limbs felt heavy. It would be alright for him to take a nap, wouldn't it? He had already lain here for deity knows how long and nothing had attacked him. And the entrance was rather well hidden, he didn't think he would have found it if not for literally tripping over it. He closed his eyes, shifting back and forth and praying his headache would go down. 

Then he heard the growl.

Because of course there was some growling, dragon-eating creature in his nice little safe spot. Of course. He opened his eyes slowly, dreading whatever would be in front of him. Which was...a dragon. At least, Berseth thinks its a dragon, what with its wings and claws and tail and very dragon like snout. Although it didn't have forearms. Oh! This must be one of those Banescales he heard about that had just emerged. It matched the descriptions he heard well enough. It snarled again, although it was more of a curious sound, now that he took the time to listen. The beast cocked its head, staring inquisitively. Berseth cleared his throat, preparing to speak. His voice was barely a rasp, and he cringed at the soreness in his throat. Guess he was sicker then he thought. The Banescale huffed at him, nudging him with its snout, before turning and padding farther into the cave. It paused a little ways in, looking over its shoulder and chirping at him, seeming to ask a question. Was he supposed to follow? He heaved himself to his feet, trudging slowly after. The creature chirped again, a happy sort of sound,  and continued farther into the caverns.
I collect likes on dragons in this tab :]
@Decaffeinated may I place a hold on this dragon please? [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56893521] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/568936/56893521_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Decaffeinated may I place a hold on this dragon please?

56893521_350.png
grima_100.png ~~ moneybanner_small.png
Here’s Droplet’s lore! I haven’t written in awhile so it’s not the best. It’s 711 words :) [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55509818] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/555099/55509818_350.png[/img] [/url] Droplet pad along the snow covered riverbed, peering into the icy water. His chillriver bucktooth walked beside him, seeming eager. Droplet walked on for a few more feet and stopped, watching the water. After a moment of staring into the swirling depths he plunged his curved claws in with a mighty splash, startling a few birds out of the nearby trees. Heaving out a large trout, he smiled, satisfied, and turned to his familiar. “Looks like we’ve got ourselves lunch, eh iceberg?” He chucked gruffly, then turned, shambling into the woods. His bucktooth ran after him, chirping excitedly. Droplet meandered further into the barren forest, the ground coated in a soft feathering of snow. He shook out his thick winter coat and squinted up at the bare leaf tops, but saw no sign of life. “We should be good here” he grunted to iceberg, sitting down on the frozen dirt with a huff. He got a fire started and stabbed a stick through the large fish, holding it over the fire in his talons so it would cook. After a while of turning the fish, he nodded and removed the fish from the flames. He tore off a chunk and threw it to his bucktooth, before grabbing it in his teeth and ripping off a chunk of flesh. “You know.. it’s strange” he grunted after finishing his bite, “I would’ve thought we’d encounter some sort of dragon after being exiled for a few weeks, but we’ve been wandering for miles and miles, and have seen nothing but birds!” At this he grinned, showing his gnarled and crooked teeth. “Seems we’ve gotten lucky, eh?”. The bucktooth seemed to not be listening, invested in its fish. Droplet went back to tearing chunks off of his fish, and didn’t notice iceberg stop eating and sit up, their ears swiveling. Their fur stood on end, seemingly wary, and they suddenly stared off into one point in the woods. “What’s the matter ice?” Droplet said, realizing his familiars strange behavior, and then he heard it. Clawsteps. A dragon was approaching. Droplet stood, and grabbed iceberg, slinging them onto his back. Panic seemed to have lit in his eyes. “L-lets go” he said hurriedly, turning and running back towards the riverbank. He lumbered along at a fairly quick rate, glancing over his shoulder every now and then. He never saw anything, but he could still hear the sounds of claws crunching in the thicker snow along the riverbank. Droplet stopped after a mile or so of following the winding river. He was panting, not used to having to move fast in his heavy winter coat. He listened for a moment, ears perked, but didn’t hear a sound. “Whew!” He sighed, turning his neck to look at iceberg, “we lost em!”. He turned to look forward again and saw a pair of eyes in the bush ahead of him a moment before the banescale attacked. “ARGH” droplet yelled, falling backwards. Iceberg scampered away from him with a squeak and darted off into the underbrush. Droplet stared disbelievingly after him before whipping back around to face the other dragon. Now getting a good look at them, Droplet gasped quietly. “Banescale” he whispered. The other dragon grinned. “Gaoler” he hissed, “you seem to have lost your way! Let me help you find it!” He leaped forward, piercing his horns through Droplets thick fur and stabbing his chest. Droplet roared, rearing up on his hind legs and slamming his front claws down on the other dragons back. He had been a sentry and had had to fight before, so he knew what he was doing. The banescale was smaller than him, but faster, and it darted behind him, battering Droplets head with his wings. Droplet rose up again and fell backward, a technique he had learned in training. He crushed the banescale underneath his weight and held him there, waiting until his struggling stopped. Droplet slowly got up, chest heaving. He looked down at the banescales body, then into the woods in the direction iceberg had went. He sighed, and began limping in that direction, trying to ignore the pain in his chest. It was the first time after he had found iceberg after his exile that he was truly alone.
Here’s Droplet’s lore! I haven’t written in awhile so it’s not the best. It’s 711 words :)

55509818_350.png

Droplet pad along the snow covered riverbed, peering into the icy water. His chillriver bucktooth walked beside him, seeming eager. Droplet walked on for a few more feet and stopped, watching the water. After a moment of staring into the swirling depths he plunged his curved claws in with a mighty splash, startling a few birds out of the nearby trees. Heaving out a large trout, he smiled, satisfied, and turned to his familiar.
“Looks like we’ve got ourselves lunch, eh iceberg?” He chucked gruffly, then turned, shambling into the woods. His bucktooth ran after him, chirping excitedly.
Droplet meandered further into the barren forest, the ground coated in a soft feathering of snow. He shook out his thick winter coat and squinted up at the bare leaf tops, but saw no sign of life.
“We should be good here” he grunted to iceberg, sitting down on the frozen dirt with a huff. He got a fire started and stabbed a stick through the large fish, holding it over the fire in his talons so it would cook. After a while of turning the fish, he nodded and removed the fish from the flames. He tore off a chunk and threw it to his bucktooth, before grabbing it in his teeth and ripping off a chunk of flesh.
“You know.. it’s strange” he grunted after finishing his bite, “I would’ve thought we’d encounter some sort of dragon after being exiled for a few weeks, but we’ve been wandering for miles and miles, and have seen nothing but birds!” At this he grinned, showing his gnarled and crooked teeth. “Seems we’ve gotten lucky, eh?”. The bucktooth seemed to not be listening, invested in its fish. Droplet went back to tearing chunks off of his fish, and didn’t notice iceberg stop eating and sit up, their ears swiveling. Their fur stood on end, seemingly wary, and they suddenly stared off into one point in the woods. “What’s the matter ice?” Droplet said, realizing his familiars strange behavior, and then he heard it. Clawsteps. A dragon was approaching.
Droplet stood, and grabbed iceberg, slinging them onto his back. Panic seemed to have lit in his eyes. “L-lets go” he said hurriedly, turning and running back towards the riverbank. He lumbered along at a fairly quick rate, glancing over his shoulder every now and then. He never saw anything, but he could still hear the sounds of claws crunching in the thicker snow along the riverbank. Droplet stopped after a mile or so of following the winding river. He was panting, not used to having to move fast in his heavy winter coat. He listened for a moment, ears perked, but didn’t hear a sound. “Whew!” He sighed, turning his neck to look at iceberg, “we lost em!”. He turned to look forward again and saw a pair of eyes in the bush ahead of him a moment before the banescale attacked.
“ARGH” droplet yelled, falling backwards. Iceberg scampered away from him with a squeak and darted off into the underbrush. Droplet stared disbelievingly after him before whipping back around to face the other dragon. Now getting a good look at them, Droplet gasped quietly. “Banescale” he whispered. The other dragon grinned.
“Gaoler” he hissed, “you seem to have lost your way! Let me help you find it!” He leaped forward, piercing his horns through Droplets thick fur and stabbing his chest. Droplet roared, rearing up on his hind legs and slamming his front claws down on the other dragons back. He had been a sentry and had had to fight before, so he knew what he was doing. The banescale was smaller than him, but faster, and it darted behind him, battering Droplets head with his wings. Droplet rose up again and fell backward, a technique he had learned in training. He crushed the banescale underneath his weight and held him there, waiting until his struggling stopped. Droplet slowly got up, chest heaving. He looked down at the banescales body, then into the woods in the direction iceberg had went. He sighed, and began limping in that direction, trying to ignore the pain in his chest. It was the first time after he had found iceberg after his exile that he was truly alone.
X5AwQGB.jpgLime.pngX5AwQGB.jpg
@LotsOfCrumbs
@LionHeart27
@DragonSpiralArt

Apologies, no personal reviews tonight but I'll be sending your dragons still ^-^

@Bezonox Added!

@curricle held!
@LotsOfCrumbs
@LionHeart27
@DragonSpiralArt

Apologies, no personal reviews tonight but I'll be sending your dragons still ^-^

@Bezonox Added!

@curricle held!
@Galatheid She's held for you!
@Galatheid She's held for you!
@Decaffeinated I am,, a little bit rusty but I got around 500 words with this and it still will probably go thru a bunch of edits but !! I hope it's okay

Quote:
Majima cracks her knuckles. The dragon at the end of the alleyway cowers against the damp, dirty brick that made up the walls of the dead end, wings pressed against its sides in fear.

Majima isn't very interested in the Pearlcatcher so much as what he knows. She's in the business of information brokerage, and she and her coworkers are the best in town. Word on the street is this guy's got some insider secrets a client of hers is willing to pay premium for. She doesn't usually get her hands dirty, but this dragon's been difficult to get ahold of and even more difficult to crack.

"No need to look so alarmed," Majima says evenly. "I'm just here to talk."

"I know what you do," the other dragon says, forcing the words out. "I got a buddy that ran into you. You said you just wanted to talk to him, too." The dragon swallows, a pathetic show that makes Majima's lip curl in distaste. "Couldn't walk for a week."

Majima frowns, then shrugs. "My discussions go different directions depending on the person I'm talking to. It's not my fault if someone only responds to force." She takes a step forward. "Now, it's up to you. How will our conversation go?"

The dragon hesitates, then deflates. "I'll talk."

Majima smiles.

"Good boy."
-

"You think you went a little too hard on him?"

Majima looks up from the papers on her desk to see Nytus leaning against the wall of the hideout, arms crossed. He looks relaxed in the honeyed light of the late afternoon. It's a sight that brings Majima a small amount of comfort, though she'd never admit to it. Nytus is always a perpetual picture of ease, even if that picture is fraudulent sometimes. But she knows how to read his tells well enough by now, and the looseness in his frame is sincere.

She glances out the window to the street down below. The building where they've set up shop is tucked away on the opposite side of town from Majima's earlier encounter -- it's in the middle of two different neighborhoods, and easily overlooked because of it. The anonymity is nice, Maijma thinks, but more than that, it's essential. Can't have a jilted client deciding to show up to make their opinions known.

The group is a strictly don't-call-us-we'll-call-you sort of operation.

"Who?"

"Guy from last week." He pushes off the wall and walks toward her, peering over her shoulder to look at her work. His whiskers tickle her neck and she flinches away. "That Ridgeback."

She looks back down and makes a noncommittal noise. "He lunged at me. Was going to attack."

"Bet it helped that he was friends with that Pearlcatcher from this morning."

She lifts up the papers to give him a better look. "It didn't hurt."

Nytus takes the papers and shakes his head. "You're really somethin' else." He straightens and circles around her, making his way to the seat across from her and collapsing inelegantly onto it. He scans the pages, eyes narrowing in concentration as they skip across the secrets printed on them.

Majima sighs, a little sound that barely makes it past her lips. "That's what people tell me."
@Decaffeinated I am,, a little bit rusty but I got around 500 words with this and it still will probably go thru a bunch of edits but !! I hope it's okay

Quote:
Majima cracks her knuckles. The dragon at the end of the alleyway cowers against the damp, dirty brick that made up the walls of the dead end, wings pressed against its sides in fear.

Majima isn't very interested in the Pearlcatcher so much as what he knows. She's in the business of information brokerage, and she and her coworkers are the best in town. Word on the street is this guy's got some insider secrets a client of hers is willing to pay premium for. She doesn't usually get her hands dirty, but this dragon's been difficult to get ahold of and even more difficult to crack.

"No need to look so alarmed," Majima says evenly. "I'm just here to talk."

"I know what you do," the other dragon says, forcing the words out. "I got a buddy that ran into you. You said you just wanted to talk to him, too." The dragon swallows, a pathetic show that makes Majima's lip curl in distaste. "Couldn't walk for a week."

Majima frowns, then shrugs. "My discussions go different directions depending on the person I'm talking to. It's not my fault if someone only responds to force." She takes a step forward. "Now, it's up to you. How will our conversation go?"

The dragon hesitates, then deflates. "I'll talk."

Majima smiles.

"Good boy."
-

"You think you went a little too hard on him?"

Majima looks up from the papers on her desk to see Nytus leaning against the wall of the hideout, arms crossed. He looks relaxed in the honeyed light of the late afternoon. It's a sight that brings Majima a small amount of comfort, though she'd never admit to it. Nytus is always a perpetual picture of ease, even if that picture is fraudulent sometimes. But she knows how to read his tells well enough by now, and the looseness in his frame is sincere.

She glances out the window to the street down below. The building where they've set up shop is tucked away on the opposite side of town from Majima's earlier encounter -- it's in the middle of two different neighborhoods, and easily overlooked because of it. The anonymity is nice, Maijma thinks, but more than that, it's essential. Can't have a jilted client deciding to show up to make their opinions known.

The group is a strictly don't-call-us-we'll-call-you sort of operation.

"Who?"

"Guy from last week." He pushes off the wall and walks toward her, peering over her shoulder to look at her work. His whiskers tickle her neck and she flinches away. "That Ridgeback."

She looks back down and makes a noncommittal noise. "He lunged at me. Was going to attack."

"Bet it helped that he was friends with that Pearlcatcher from this morning."

She lifts up the papers to give him a better look. "It didn't hurt."

Nytus takes the papers and shakes his head. "You're really somethin' else." He straightens and circles around her, making his way to the seat across from her and collapsing inelegantly onto it. He scans the pages, eyes narrowing in concentration as they skip across the secrets printed on them.

Majima sighs, a little sound that barely makes it past her lips. "That's what people tell me."
grima_100.png ~~ moneybanner_small.png
1 2 ... 701 702 703 704 705 706 707