Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [RBC] Quizzel Me This!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
@Infinity14
Time dead. :)
@Infinity14
Time dead. :)
Yt4sddf.png
@Pilotslover Are we allowed to use google for this?
@Pilotslover Are we allowed to use google for this?
dR1OCbi.png
@snowystriders
You surely can. :)
@snowystriders
You surely can. :)
Yt4sddf.png
Last day!!
Here we are at last on the last day of the quiz, thank you to all those who have entered so far. <3
Last day!!
Here we are at last on the last day of the quiz, thank you to all those who have entered so far. <3
Yt4sddf.png
@AriLance @ERabbit @Dragonartist24 @Ebby172 @XxSwiftwaterxX @Nethke @Infinity14 @Asphoxia @SirWonton @BeckAlistiere @Ocianne @CowboyMouth @Origamer @Kalia

Well, thank you all but that's time! The quiz is over!

Over the next couple of posts you'll find the answers. <3

After I've posted those, I'll announce the winners. :D
@AriLance @ERabbit @Dragonartist24 @Ebby172 @XxSwiftwaterxX @Nethke @Infinity14 @Asphoxia @SirWonton @BeckAlistiere @Ocianne @CowboyMouth @Origamer @Kalia

Well, thank you all but that's time! The quiz is over!

Over the next couple of posts you'll find the answers. <3

After I've posted those, I'll announce the winners. :D
Yt4sddf.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/jIRALXN.png[/img][/center] [center]PART ONE - Journey[/center] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/ku5wTFW.png[/img][/center] [b]1 – Arguably the most famous fantasy journey involves nine companions and a magical ring, what is the name of the father of the king crowed at the end of the book? B: And who does the king marry?[/b] I think every single entrant got this one right. The answer is Arathorn. The king (Aragorn) married Arwen. [b]2 – A monk travels with the monkey king in this traditional story, in this Japanese retelling of an old classic, the pig is no longer a pig but a Yokai, what is his name now?[/b] So, the retelling I was interested in was Saiyuki and the pig was turned into Cho Hakkai:- [img]http://www.spookhouse.net/angelynx/otheranime/Saiyuki/ep21-hakkai-smile.jpg[/img] [b]3 – Literally named Journey, this lovely little game sees you chirping towards a sorrowful end in which weather?[/b] I was specifically after Snow for this but given the nature of the story I also accepted Sandstorm/desert. [b]4 – When I was a little girl, Phileas Fogg’s famous journey was given an animated take and a slight reimagining, what animal did they turn him into again? [/b] They turned him into a Lion. [b]5 – it’s very hard not to chip out ‘ni’ whilst I write this, the Python film, the cave of Caerbannog is guarded by what vicious, horrific creature?[/b] A bunny!
jIRALXN.png
PART ONE - Journey
ku5wTFW.png

1 – Arguably the most famous fantasy journey involves nine companions and a magical ring, what is the name of the father of the king crowed at the end of the book?
B: And who does the king marry?

I think every single entrant got this one right.
The answer is Arathorn.
The king (Aragorn) married Arwen.

2 – A monk travels with the monkey king in this traditional story, in this Japanese retelling of an old classic, the pig is no longer a pig but a Yokai, what is his name now?
So, the retelling I was interested in was Saiyuki and the pig was turned into Cho Hakkai:-
ep21-hakkai-smile.jpg

3 – Literally named Journey, this lovely little game sees you chirping towards a sorrowful end in which weather?
I was specifically after Snow for this but given the nature of the story I also accepted Sandstorm/desert.

4 – When I was a little girl, Phileas Fogg’s famous journey was given an animated take and a slight reimagining, what animal did they turn him into again?

They turned him into a Lion.

5 – it’s very hard not to chip out ‘ni’ whilst I write this, the Python film, the cave of Caerbannog is guarded by what vicious, horrific creature?
A bunny!
Yt4sddf.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/jIRALXN.png[/img][/center] [center]PART TWO - Heroes[/center] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/ku5wTFW.png[/img][/center] [b]1 – Arguably one of the most famous robots of all time, this giant has been amusing us since the 1980’s and is usually voiced by Peter Cullen, he also has a tendency towards dying … a lot; which continuity features his shortest canonical death? B: There’s a character in the same continuity who makes up for it by dying a lot, who voices this character?[/b] Well, the famous robot was Optimus Prime. His shortest ever death was Transformers Animated and he was dead for a whopping 75 Seconds ... The other character was Starscream who had a whole montage of deaths and he was voiced wonderfully by Tom Kenny. [b]2 – Jack and Delta work their way through Rapture in near enough total silence, what are the names of their respective radio voices? B: Which character directly speaks to both of them?[/b] Jack was stalked by Fontaine/Atlas and Subject Delta was guided by Augustus Sinclair. The character they both spoke to was Brigid Tennebaum. [b]3 – Oh Crap! This adventurer is apparently very lucky but has managed to end ancient cities … Which film character is he very obviously based on? [/b] The character known for his Oh Crap catchphrase is Nathan Drake and he's based on Indiana Jones. [b]4 – I’ve recently started to read a series of books that features a zombie, detective … in space! The parent series sees possibly the last man alive often speaking to which actor when he loses consciousness? B: What superhero did said actor play?[/b] Only one person got this sooo! The parent series was Space Team and it's sort of like Red Dwarf, it's fantastic and everyone should read the books. The actor was Tobey Maguire. His character was Spiderman of course! [b]5 – Get in the robot! Poor, poor Shinji Ikari doesn’t have an easy time of it, does he? He also has possibly the worst father ever … His mum isn’t much better, which of his female companions is a clone of her? B: And where does her soul now reside?[/b] The lovely Rei Ayanami was a clone of Shinji's mother. And Yui Ikari's soul resides in Evangelion Unit 1:- [img]https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13684038_f520.jpg[/img]
jIRALXN.png
PART TWO - Heroes
ku5wTFW.png

1 – Arguably one of the most famous robots of all time, this giant has been amusing us since the 1980’s and is usually voiced by Peter Cullen, he also has a tendency towards dying … a lot; which continuity features his shortest canonical death?
B: There’s a character in the same continuity who makes up for it by dying a lot, who voices this character?

Well, the famous robot was Optimus Prime.
His shortest ever death was Transformers Animated and he was dead for a whopping 75 Seconds ...
The other character was Starscream who had a whole montage of deaths and he was voiced wonderfully by Tom Kenny.

2 – Jack and Delta work their way through Rapture in near enough total silence, what are the names of their respective radio voices?
B: Which character directly speaks to both of them?

Jack was stalked by Fontaine/Atlas and Subject Delta was guided by Augustus Sinclair.
The character they both spoke to was Brigid Tennebaum.

3 – Oh Crap! This adventurer is apparently very lucky but has managed to end ancient cities … Which film character is he very obviously based on?

The character known for his Oh Crap catchphrase is Nathan Drake and he's based on Indiana Jones.

4 – I’ve recently started to read a series of books that features a zombie, detective … in space! The parent series sees possibly the last man alive often speaking to which actor when he loses consciousness?
B: What superhero did said actor play?

Only one person got this sooo!
The parent series was Space Team and it's sort of like Red Dwarf, it's fantastic and everyone should read the books.
The actor was Tobey Maguire.
His character was Spiderman of course!

5 – Get in the robot! Poor, poor Shinji Ikari doesn’t have an easy time of it, does he? He also has possibly the worst father ever … His mum isn’t much better, which of his female companions is a clone of her?
B: And where does her soul now reside?

The lovely Rei Ayanami was a clone of Shinji's mother.
And Yui Ikari's soul resides in Evangelion Unit 1:-
13684038_f520.jpg
Yt4sddf.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/jIRALXN.png[/img][/center] [center]PART THREE - Villains[/center] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/ku5wTFW.png[/img][/center] [b]1 – I love me some villains! Arguably the most famous and well-loved comic book villain, the crown prince of crime is known for his laugh and fixed smile, which actor often voices him?[/b] The Joker is often voiced by the quite lovely Mark Hamill; if you haven't had a chance to hear his take on Batman's nemesis than I would highly recommend a listen. [b]2 – Staying with our comic book vilains for now, this popular villain is often linked to the colour green and a helmet with curved horns, what is his name? B: And which actor plays him?[/b] [img]https://www.unilad.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/loki-getting-free-in-the-avengers-never-really-made-sense.jpeg[/img] It's Loki and the actor who plays him so very well is Tom Hiddleston. All right, that one was easy! Let’s see if I do a bit better on the next one!! [b]3 – Did you know that Alucard spelt backwards is Dracula? It took me far, far too long to spot it in a very popular manga series … In fact it was the very last book! Teenaged me was a little slow I think! In said series, the powerful vampire under control of a silver haired woman fights which historical baddies?[/b] Millenium or the Nazi's (Go watch Hellsing Abridged, you won't regret it! Mwahahaha) [b]4 – Video games are often made or broken on the strength of their villains, get this wrong and the whole thing can fall apart; this hugely popular Japanese franchise introduced us to a man of no consequence in its latest game, what is his actual surname? B: And which villain in the franchise does everything he does because he doesn’t want to be forgotten?[/b] The man of no consqeuence was Ardyn Izunia and his real name is Ardyn Lucis Caelum. The villain who specifically doesn't want to be forgotten, so much so he's willing to destroy the world is Kuja:- [img]http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/20170110_052359_thumb.png[/img] (Him so pretty!) [b]5 – When I wasn’t watching shows about journeys around the world or giant robots, I was watching a buff, blond man beat up this very famous villain, what was his name?[/b] It's Skeletor. <3 If you fancy a giggle, Youtube the Money Supermarket (UK) ads featuring him.
jIRALXN.png
PART THREE - Villains
ku5wTFW.png

1 – I love me some villains! Arguably the most famous and well-loved comic book villain, the crown prince of crime is known for his laugh and fixed smile, which actor often voices him?
The Joker is often voiced by the quite lovely Mark Hamill; if you haven't had a chance to hear his take on Batman's nemesis than I would highly recommend a listen.

2 – Staying with our comic book vilains for now, this popular villain is often linked to the colour green and a helmet with curved horns, what is his name?
B: And which actor plays him?

loki-getting-free-in-the-avengers-never-really-made-sense.jpeg
It's Loki and the actor who plays him so very well is Tom Hiddleston.

All right, that one was easy! Let’s see if I do a bit better on the next one!!

3 – Did you know that Alucard spelt backwards is Dracula? It took me far, far too long to spot it in a very popular manga series … In fact it was the very last book! Teenaged me was a little slow I think! In said series, the powerful vampire under control of a silver haired woman fights which historical baddies?
Millenium or the Nazi's
(Go watch Hellsing Abridged, you won't regret it! Mwahahaha)

4 – Video games are often made or broken on the strength of their villains, get this wrong and the whole thing can fall apart; this hugely popular Japanese franchise introduced us to a man of no consequence in its latest game, what is his actual surname?
B: And which villain in the franchise does everything he does because he doesn’t want to be forgotten?

The man of no consqeuence was Ardyn Izunia and his real name is Ardyn Lucis Caelum.
The villain who specifically doesn't want to be forgotten, so much so he's willing to destroy the world is Kuja:-
20170110_052359_thumb.png
(Him so pretty!)

5 – When I wasn’t watching shows about journeys around the world or giant robots, I was watching a buff, blond man beat up this very famous villain, what was his name?
It's Skeletor. <3
If you fancy a giggle, Youtube the Money Supermarket (UK) ads featuring him.
Yt4sddf.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/jIRALXN.png[/img][/center] [center]PART FOUR - Sidekicks and Companions[/center] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/ku5wTFW.png[/img][/center] [b]1 – Having a human sidekick has become a given in Transformers for years, in Rescue Bots we’re given four bots and four companions, can you name and match all four bots and their respective partners?[/b] I think everyone who got this far got this one. We have:- Heatwave - Kade Burns Chase - Chief Charlie Burns Boulder - Graham Burns Blades - Dani Burns Not seen it? Do it! It's far better than it has any business being! [img]https://media.giphy.com/media/10KWyWL7SxK0g/giphy.gif[/img] [b]2 – I’m sure Weiss would disagree but he’s arguably the companion to the protagonist in his game, who else is travelling with them?[/b] Nier was travelling with Weiss, Kaine and Emil. [b]3 – One of the most famous friendships in literature is set in France has a very famous catchphrase, can you name their commanding officer? B: Heck, let’s have the motto too:[/b] Their commander was M. de Tréville (I also accepted the historical commander of the unit) And the motto was One for All and All for One [img]http://images.amcnetworks.com/bbcamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/all-four-one-finale-hp.jpg[/img] [b]4 - SPOON!! I really enjoyed the new live action of this big blue super hero, what’s the name of his long suffering side kick? B: Who voices D-d-d-Dangerboat?[/b] Heh, everyone got this I think if they went this far. Arthur Everest is the 'sidekick' and Dangerboat is voice by the ever wonderful Alan Tudyk. [b]5 – Real talk, I didn’t have a fifth question for this round as I sat down to type it … Question three was originally about something I’m about to ask in the next round! So, my new question is this: an unexpected success of a film, this excellent story based on toyline features a wide cast of characters, one of them wants nothing more than to build what?[/b] Seriously, it was originally a question about Destiny. Lol. And the answer was SPACESHIP! [img]https://i.imgur.com/dSGYCDD.gif[/img]
jIRALXN.png
PART FOUR - Sidekicks and Companions
ku5wTFW.png

1 – Having a human sidekick has become a given in Transformers for years, in Rescue Bots we’re given four bots and four companions, can you name and match all four bots and their respective partners?
I think everyone who got this far got this one.
We have:-
Heatwave - Kade Burns
Chase - Chief Charlie Burns
Boulder - Graham Burns
Blades - Dani Burns
Not seen it? Do it! It's far better than it has any business being!
giphy.gif

2 – I’m sure Weiss would disagree but he’s arguably the companion to the protagonist in his game, who else is travelling with them?
Nier was travelling with Weiss, Kaine and Emil.

3 – One of the most famous friendships in literature is set in France has a very famous catchphrase, can you name their commanding officer?
B: Heck, let’s have the motto too:

Their commander was M. de Tréville (I also accepted the historical commander of the unit)
And the motto was One for All and All for One
all-four-one-finale-hp.jpg

4 - SPOON!! I really enjoyed the new live action of this big blue super hero, what’s the name of his long suffering side kick?
B: Who voices D-d-d-Dangerboat?

Heh, everyone got this I think if they went this far.
Arthur Everest is the 'sidekick' and Dangerboat is voice by the ever wonderful Alan Tudyk.

5 – Real talk, I didn’t have a fifth question for this round as I sat down to type it … Question three was originally about something I’m about to ask in the next round! So, my new question is this: an unexpected success of a film, this excellent story based on toyline features a wide cast of characters, one of them wants nothing more than to build what?
Seriously, it was originally a question about Destiny. Lol.
And the answer was SPACESHIP!
dSGYCDD.gif
Yt4sddf.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/jIRALXN.png[/img][/center] [center]PART FIVE - Love Interests[/center] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/ku5wTFW.png[/img][/center] [b]1 – This love struck duo is desperate to rewrite the stars, who are they?[/b] It was Phillip Carlyle and Anne Wheeler from The Greatest Showman. [b]2 – For a very long time, this bunny eared cyborg has been in a relationship with his partner Deunan what is the name of the battle armour they wear?[/b] It's the Landmate. [b]3 – Abandoning the subtext in more sports anime, this popular series charts a gay relationship, what mean name does one of the Yuri’s call the other?[/b] Either Katsudon or Piggy was acceptable. [b]4 – Bioware RPG’s are known for their romances, from Elves to Qunari to Turians and Drell what is the name of Shepherd’s romanceable Turian companion? B: There was another companion in the first game who became romanceable in the second, who was it?[/b] I mean, he's the only romance option, right? The Turian was Garrus! [img]http://static.tumblr.com/6c62cdbb814ee30c38c6d7592cd245a1/qdzpiqc/3NBnqbmx6/tumblr_static_1wa5f7iwcd28gkwk8kc8o8gw0.jpg[/img] The fellow popular alien joining Garrus as a Love interest was Tali Zora. If you don't hook up with either they start flirting with each other (Annoyingly Tali flirts with Garrus even if he's romancing Shep! Bad Tali, bad!) [b]5 – Oddly enough, despite not being a lover (Ha, see what I did there? … I’ll show myself out) of romances, I did enjoy this Nicholas Hoult fronted film and the book it was based on; what is the name of his J’s dead boyfriend?[/b] The book/film was Warm Bodies, the J is Julie and the dead boyfriend ... Well, you could have either R himself (Since he's a zombie!) or Perry.
jIRALXN.png
PART FIVE - Love Interests
ku5wTFW.png

1 – This love struck duo is desperate to rewrite the stars, who are they?
It was Phillip Carlyle and Anne Wheeler from The Greatest Showman.

2 – For a very long time, this bunny eared cyborg has been in a relationship with his partner Deunan what is the name of the battle armour they wear?
It's the Landmate.

3 – Abandoning the subtext in more sports anime, this popular series charts a gay relationship, what mean name does one of the Yuri’s call the other?
Either Katsudon or Piggy was acceptable.

4 – Bioware RPG’s are known for their romances, from Elves to Qunari to Turians and Drell what is the name of Shepherd’s romanceable Turian companion?
B: There was another companion in the first game who became romanceable in the second, who was it?

I mean, he's the only romance option, right?
The Turian was Garrus!
tumblr_static_1wa5f7iwcd28gkwk8kc8o8gw0.jpg
The fellow popular alien joining Garrus as a Love interest was Tali Zora.
If you don't hook up with either they start flirting with each other (Annoyingly Tali flirts with Garrus even if he's romancing Shep! Bad Tali, bad!)

5 – Oddly enough, despite not being a lover (Ha, see what I did there? … I’ll show myself out) of romances, I did enjoy this Nicholas Hoult fronted film and the book it was based on; what is the name of his J’s dead boyfriend?
The book/film was Warm Bodies, the J is Julie and the dead boyfriend ...
Well, you could have either R himself (Since he's a zombie!) or Perry.
Yt4sddf.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11