Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [Closed] Trickmurk Parade
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15233263] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/152333/15233263_350.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16658668] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/166587/16658668_350.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15090262] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/150903/15090262_350.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13373805] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/133739/13373805_350.png[/img] [/url] Miwa didn't understood well what was happening. Did... Did Gobber just hugged her? What was [i]wrong [/i]with him? - [i]Are you sure you're ok boy? Because you act wierder than me and that's really really wierd.[/i] - [i]Everything is ok.[/i] The ridgeback had already gotten away from the coatl and was back to watch the parade. [i]Shh now, you're disturbing the parade.[/i] Miwa shaked her head but quickly reported her attention on the performance. She cheered loudly at the dragons, almost forgotting what just happened. But Quill and Nitsky would surely never forget and exchanged a knowing glance. They would make sure Gobber would [i]never[/i] forget that. Ever.

15233263_350.png

16658668_350.png

15090262_350.png

13373805_350.png

Miwa didn't understood well what was happening. Did... Did Gobber just hugged her? What was wrong with him?

- Are you sure you're ok boy? Because you act wierder than me and that's really really wierd.
- Everything is ok. The ridgeback had already gotten away from the coatl and was back to watch the parade. Shh now, you're disturbing the parade.

Miwa shaked her head but quickly reported her attention on the performance. She cheered loudly at the dragons, almost forgotting what just happened. But Quill and Nitsky would surely never forget and exchanged a knowing glance. They would make sure Gobber would never forget that. Ever.
Good_Shit_WCMale_Emoji_Size.png Lichtdrache.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13573548] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/135736/13573548_350.png[/img] [/url] Equinox watched the parade go by as dragons chattered and laughed around him. He wasn't focused on the parade, though, keeping silent, his green eyes scanning the crowd. He'd enjoyed every bit of the Circus -- the cultures of other flights had always fascinated him, Shadow in particular. Where was Auris?

13573548_350.png

Equinox watched the parade go by as dragons chattered and laughed around him. He wasn't focused on the parade, though, keeping silent, his green eyes scanning the crowd. He'd enjoyed every bit of the Circus -- the cultures of other flights had always fascinated him, Shadow in particular.

Where was Auris?
4MKDoae.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17586239] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/175863/17586239_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] This float is a candy cottage. Its walls are made of gumdrops cemented with honey, the shingles of the roof are slabs of corn brittle, the windows are hard candy cut so thin they're transparant. A spiral of cotton candy rises from the chimney, and massive peppermint sticks form the cornerposts of the cottage. The trim is made of sugared nuts and rock candy. There's a small space at the front where a witchy-looking coatl bustles around among sugar fronds with frosting flowers. Assorted fae swirl around her like bees, plucking up favors to toss into the crowd. Some of them dart into the house itself for favors and come back out with entirely different colors to their hides and wings. The float walks along on chicken feet. As you do. - @Arula A trio of fae, wings moving so fast they're buzzing, fly past, throwing out favors. Their crests flutter and flash with excitement. - @UserOfShadows The rotten boot is -really- tempting, at least to a couple of the fae. The coatl just laughs, the sound slightly off in the way of her breed. She picks up something from among her flowers and throws it with a flourish of her wrist. - @clarax Brightly-colored fae, who weren't brightly-colored a minute ago, swirl by, lightly throwing favors to hatchlings and other small dragons. - @thefrayna Peaches's Shadow friends will only be too happy to help with the Mistral Jamboree! Part of friendship is helping each other, after all, and no festival is easy to put on. - @SparkyFlames "It's good of her to learn," the coatl says mildly. "Maybe she'll learn our language someday. Maybe not." He hums again, a different sound, more soothing. Everything's interrupted by the buzzing of fae dragons sweeping by at high speed, throwing out favors to the crowd. - @shadowmaat The wildclaw with the moustache and eyebrows catches the witchy coatl's eye. She hums in amusement, bright and loud, then plucks up a flower. It transforms in her hand, and she flings it directly at the wildclaw who caught her attention. - @StormDragon21 One of the ridgebacks walking alongside the parade to keep the parade-goers out of the route sees what happens to Adeline. With a gentle tap to get her attention, he offers his back for the pearlcatcher to ride along if she likes. - @NyxHeart The imperial smiles, whiskers rising. "Why, thank you! I've been working on this look for quite some time. It's the one time of year where I really get to show off like this. I love it! And yourself? Are you enjoying the Circus?"

This float is a candy cottage. Its walls are made of gumdrops cemented with honey, the shingles of the roof are slabs of corn brittle, the windows are hard candy cut so thin they're transparant. A spiral of cotton candy rises from the chimney, and massive peppermint sticks form the cornerposts of the cottage. The trim is made of sugared nuts and rock candy.

There's a small space at the front where a witchy-looking coatl bustles around among sugar fronds with frosting flowers. Assorted fae swirl around her like bees, plucking up favors to toss into the crowd. Some of them dart into the house itself for favors and come back out with entirely different colors to their hides and wings.

The float walks along on chicken feet. As you do.

-

@Arula A trio of fae, wings moving so fast they're buzzing, fly past, throwing out favors. Their crests flutter and flash with excitement.

-

@UserOfShadows The rotten boot is -really- tempting, at least to a couple of the fae. The coatl just laughs, the sound slightly off in the way of her breed. She picks up something from among her flowers and throws it with a flourish of her wrist.

-

@clarax Brightly-colored fae, who weren't brightly-colored a minute ago, swirl by, lightly throwing favors to hatchlings and other small dragons.

-

@thefrayna Peaches's Shadow friends will only be too happy to help with the Mistral Jamboree! Part of friendship is helping each other, after all, and no festival is easy to put on.

-

@SparkyFlames "It's good of her to learn," the coatl says mildly. "Maybe she'll learn our language someday. Maybe not."

He hums again, a different sound, more soothing.

Everything's interrupted by the buzzing of fae dragons sweeping by at high speed, throwing out favors to the crowd.

-

@shadowmaat The wildclaw with the moustache and eyebrows catches the witchy coatl's eye. She hums in amusement, bright and loud, then plucks up a flower. It transforms in her hand, and she flings it directly at the wildclaw who caught her attention.

-

@StormDragon21 One of the ridgebacks walking alongside the parade to keep the parade-goers out of the route sees what happens to Adeline. With a gentle tap to get her attention, he offers his back for the pearlcatcher to ride along if she likes.

-

@NyxHeart The imperial smiles, whiskers rising. "Why, thank you! I've been working on this look for quite some time. It's the one time of year where I really get to show off like this. I love it! And yourself? Are you enjoying the Circus?"
nWiQNX9.png
fzM10XR.png
J7D1quC.png
WvEXipG.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12898] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/129/12898_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] An imperial pulls this float. Her scales are dark, but a strange pattern in a ghostly green colors some of them. It's obviously not paint, but it's definitely not a normal scale-pattern one sees on dragons. The float she pulls looks like an overly large coracle made of bone. Something like dark water sloshes it around it, though nothing actually contains the liquid. A beautiful pearlcatcher sits on a mound of tarnished and verdigrised treasure inside the coracle, two brighter attendents sitting beside her and grooming her mane. Their movements are artful, almost choreographed. Pale-white coatl dragons perch in a ring around the edge, and the air thrums with their soft hum, the sound peaceful and gentle. One of them reaches in, the motion languid, scoops out a favor, and tosses it into the crowd. - @Jessoo Someday, if Ilaine meets the imperial lady again, she would be happy to show the other mage how to create an aura of snowflakes like that. - @Toranne While Trickmurk Circus is a time for gaiety, Shadow never flinches from the reminder of darker times and places. Perhaps this float and that reminder will lighten the skydancer's heart. Perhaps not. (( You are a sweetie! <3 )) - @tigressRising Two of the coatls on the edge of the float turn to look about, then scoop up a favor each. Their motions are eerily synchronized as they throw them out to the crowd. - @rochester All work and no play makes a dragon dull! Any Shadow dragon would tell Niangao that, especially the crowd here at the Trickmurk Parade. A favor falls down from the sky, close enough to skim his whiskers if he doesn't draw back - or catch it! - @Leopardmask All of the coatl dragons on the edge of this float turn to look at the eerie tundra. Their tongues flick out, and their hums shift to a deeper note before climbing back up to the one they prefer. - @KnightYumi The pearlcatcher in the middle spots the young spiral amid the crowd and smiles to herself. Her clan has been very busy with getting the Circus together, and one of the things she knows is who the Trickmurk babies are. With a soft word to one of her attendants, she sees an especial trinket gets sent to him. (( Your English is much better than my attempt at your language would be. )) - @Zenhugz Such a pretty spiral attracts the eye, and Pyrite is no exception! One of the spiral dancers on the krewe slips into a pearlcatcher's airspace, using the flash of their wings to hide his mouth while he rhapsodized about her. The pearlcatcher, for his part, was willing to admit she wasn't bad on the eyes. - @LifeofaDreamer "Look alive!" Someone calls from above, then a nocturne from the krewe dives down. She presents a favor to Umbr, hardly waiting for the wildclaw to take it before zipping away. "Be excellent!"

An imperial pulls this float. Her scales are dark, but a strange pattern in a ghostly green colors some of them. It's obviously not paint, but it's definitely not a normal scale-pattern one sees on dragons. The float she pulls looks like an overly large coracle made of bone. Something like dark water sloshes it around it, though nothing actually contains the liquid.

A beautiful pearlcatcher sits on a mound of tarnished and verdigrised treasure inside the coracle, two brighter attendents sitting beside her and grooming her mane. Their movements are artful, almost choreographed. Pale-white coatl dragons perch in a ring around the edge, and the air thrums with their soft hum, the sound peaceful and gentle. One of them reaches in, the motion languid, scoops out a favor, and tosses it into the crowd.

-

@Jessoo Someday, if Ilaine meets the imperial lady again, she would be happy to show the other mage how to create an aura of snowflakes like that.

-

@Toranne While Trickmurk Circus is a time for gaiety, Shadow never flinches from the reminder of darker times and places. Perhaps this float and that reminder will lighten the skydancer's heart.

Perhaps not.

(( You are a sweetie! <3 ))

-

@tigressRising Two of the coatls on the edge of the float turn to look about, then scoop up a favor each. Their motions are eerily synchronized as they throw them out to the crowd.

-

@rochester All work and no play makes a dragon dull! Any Shadow dragon would tell Niangao that, especially the crowd here at the Trickmurk Parade.

A favor falls down from the sky, close enough to skim his whiskers if he doesn't draw back - or catch it!

-

@Leopardmask All of the coatl dragons on the edge of this float turn to look at the eerie tundra. Their tongues flick out, and their hums shift to a deeper note before climbing back up to the one they prefer.

-

@KnightYumi The pearlcatcher in the middle spots the young spiral amid the crowd and smiles to herself. Her clan has been very busy with getting the Circus together, and one of the things she knows is who the Trickmurk babies are.

With a soft word to one of her attendants, she sees an especial trinket gets sent to him.

(( Your English is much better than my attempt at your language would be. ))

-

@Zenhugz Such a pretty spiral attracts the eye, and Pyrite is no exception! One of the spiral dancers on the krewe slips into a pearlcatcher's airspace, using the flash of their wings to hide his mouth while he rhapsodized about her.

The pearlcatcher, for his part, was willing to admit she wasn't bad on the eyes.

-

@LifeofaDreamer "Look alive!" Someone calls from above, then a nocturne from the krewe dives down. She presents a favor to Umbr, hardly waiting for the wildclaw to take it before zipping away. "Be excellent!"
nWiQNX9.png
fzM10XR.png
J7D1quC.png
WvEXipG.png
(( As I eke out time between work-crises and relationship drama... Urgh. I am so sorry this is taking so long. )) [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20422556] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/204226/20422556_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] This float could easily be a tent taken off the Circus Midway and given wheels. Dartboards hang along the side, great jars of glowing rocks form the pillars of the "tent", and there are pinecones everywhere. A pair of wildclaws dressed in the bright colors of a Trickmurk barker pace up and down the float. They keep up a steady patter, exhorting parade-goers to yell louder, jump higher, and stunt more dangerously in mid-air. You want favors, right? Show us how much! Earn them! Around them, other wildclaws pull favors out of thin air to chuck into the crowd. The best come from the fine lady perched at the head of the float. The observant may notice her eyes mark her as not originally being of Shadow, but you know the saying. "At the Circus, all dragons belong to the Shadowbinder." - @Leopardmask Farlander's disappearance and reappearance garnered some clapping and some comments that they'd better check out his show later. (They will be so disappointed to find out he doesn't have a show.) - @cheyinka "HEY! Share the rats!" calls one of the barkers. Another in the krewe smacks them gently with a wing, then tosses some favors in the general direction of the two nocturnes. - @Asteri The two coatl attract curious looks and more than a few smiles and chuckles. The skydancers especially seem pleased by them - they can feel the love underlying everything. - @zoroarkstar One of the wildclaws from the float takes off, swooping down low to throw favors into the crowd before beating her wings hard to rise up and throw the last of her gathered favors to the dragons overhead. Her very last one, she tosses to the jeweled pearlcatcher with the two guardians. - @clarax The lady at the front of the float chrrrrs and throws out favors. Thanks to the competitive drive innate to wildclaws, all of her favors hit the person she means to throw them to. - @LexiLopezi A few hatchlings try to catch some of Skullion's shed cards, then giggle as they fade away in their hands. Fun! - @MyNameIsTea (( No worries! You did exactly as was asked. <3 I'm sorry for taking so long to reply and get you your stuff. )) One of the wildclaws looks up at this spiral catches his eye. He grins toothily, then throws something high and hard towards the little fellow. "Catch!" - @Firefeather Two of the wildclaws from the float take off, one with an armful of favors and the other nipping at his tail as they chase each other through and over the crowds. They shed favors as they go, their chase taking them in an arc back to the float.
(( As I eke out time between work-crises and relationship drama... Urgh. I am so sorry this is taking so long. ))

This float could easily be a tent taken off the Circus Midway and given wheels. Dartboards hang along the side, great jars of glowing rocks form the pillars of the "tent", and there are pinecones everywhere. A pair of wildclaws dressed in the bright colors of a Trickmurk barker pace up and down the float. They keep up a steady patter, exhorting parade-goers to yell louder, jump higher, and stunt more dangerously in mid-air. You want favors, right? Show us how much! Earn them!

Around them, other wildclaws pull favors out of thin air to chuck into the crowd. The best come from the fine lady perched at the head of the float. The observant may notice her eyes mark her as not originally being of Shadow, but you know the saying. "At the Circus, all dragons belong to the Shadowbinder."

-

@Leopardmask Farlander's disappearance and reappearance garnered some clapping and some comments that they'd better check out his show later. (They will be so disappointed to find out he doesn't have a show.)

-

@cheyinka "HEY! Share the rats!" calls one of the barkers. Another in the krewe smacks them gently with a wing, then tosses some favors in the general direction of the two nocturnes.

-

@Asteri The two coatl attract curious looks and more than a few smiles and chuckles. The skydancers especially seem pleased by them - they can feel the love underlying everything.

-

@zoroarkstar One of the wildclaws from the float takes off, swooping down low to throw favors into the crowd before beating her wings hard to rise up and throw the last of her gathered favors to the dragons overhead. Her very last one, she tosses to the jeweled pearlcatcher with the two guardians.

-

@clarax The lady at the front of the float chrrrrs and throws out favors. Thanks to the competitive drive innate to wildclaws, all of her favors hit the person she means to throw them to.

-

@LexiLopezi A few hatchlings try to catch some of Skullion's shed cards, then giggle as they fade away in their hands. Fun!

-

@MyNameIsTea (( No worries! You did exactly as was asked. <3 I'm sorry for taking so long to reply and get you your stuff. ))

One of the wildclaws looks up at this spiral catches his eye. He grins toothily, then throws something high and hard towards the little fellow. "Catch!"

-

@Firefeather Two of the wildclaws from the float take off, one with an armful of favors and the other nipping at his tail as they chase each other through and over the crowds. They shed favors as they go, their chase taking them in an arc back to the float.
nWiQNX9.png
fzM10XR.png
J7D1quC.png
WvEXipG.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19751954] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/197520/19751954_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] An imperial sits in the center of this float, fae swirling around him like particularly manic butterflies. The float itself looks only four-fifths finished - from the ground to the platform the imperial sits on, it's entirely done. It looks fantastic - the ruins of the Forum of the Obscured Crescent brought to bright life, as they might have looked before the Shadowbinder settled there and the darkness fell over the Tangled Woods. But the rear third of the float, the part that rises up and gives the fae somewhere to perch, is so much bare wood and scraps. Even as you watch, fae are pressing strips of amber in place, molding the wooden frame it something that might, maybe be a circus tent when it's done. The imperial is painting from the bottom up, filling in the colors and turning the faes' sculpture into something that looks like tentcloth. Written on the side of the float is the legend, "Building the Circus". - @Kysska (( You are super-sweet to think of me. <3 )) It's hard not to notice the cute snapper girl keeping pace with him in the crowd. He wants to duck his head and hide a bit, but he knows that's just the shyness talking. He's a member of the Trickmurk krewe! He can totally find her after the parade and talk to her and not make a complete fool out of himself! Right? Right! He puffs out his chest a bit and tries to put a little swagger into his walk, hoping he doesn't look like a complete git. - @Canisa A few of the fae detach from the float, swirling around each other as they drift over the crowd, throwing down favors. Two of the break away to descend and look at the pretty jeweled coatl lady. Their frills shift, then one proffers her a favor. - @HailfireAlicorn The imperial startles at the guardian's booming voice, some of his paint going all over the fae. But they just giggle, frills fluttering, and he laughs as well. Then he picks out a favor and throws it up to his fae helpers who zip off with it to the guardian lady. - @SpookTunes The skydancer floating through the air draws the attention of the some the krewe-fae, and they flutter around her, like bright fish darting in the water. One of them gently tosses her a favor. - @Roseblossom Pearlcatchers getting into the spirit of things are surprisingly common. The imperial on the float just chuckles, his whiskers quivering, and throws her a favor. Anyone who hisses particularly loudly will find one of his fae krewe-mates divebombing them. - @Achi A fae from the float, spattered with paint but otherwise gleaming bright, flips down, holds out a favor to the colorful pearlcatcher. His eyes are Shadow, but his body language says he is the dancing shadow of the Circus rather than the lurking shadow of the criminal. - @Frogata That is a dancer who is getting a lot of drinks bought for them. A flurry of fae from the float abruptly descend on the crowd, flicking out favors. Some of them hook around horns while others bounce gently off noses and a rare few disappear in a puff of smoke. - @Aspyria A fae drops down in front of the skydancer and holds out a favor. His frills shift as he picks up on her mood, but he only holds his favor out more insistently. "Merry Trickmurk."

An imperial sits in the center of this float, fae swirling around him like particularly manic butterflies. The float itself looks only four-fifths finished - from the ground to the platform the imperial sits on, it's entirely done. It looks fantastic - the ruins of the Forum of the Obscured Crescent brought to bright life, as they might have looked before the Shadowbinder settled there and the darkness fell over the Tangled Woods.

But the rear third of the float, the part that rises up and gives the fae somewhere to perch, is so much bare wood and scraps. Even as you watch, fae are pressing strips of amber in place, molding the wooden frame it something that might, maybe be a circus tent when it's done. The imperial is painting from the bottom up, filling in the colors and turning the faes' sculpture into something that looks like tentcloth.

Written on the side of the float is the legend, "Building the Circus".

-

@Kysska (( You are super-sweet to think of me. <3 ))

It's hard not to notice the cute snapper girl keeping pace with him in the crowd. He wants to duck his head and hide a bit, but he knows that's just the shyness talking. He's a member of the Trickmurk krewe! He can totally find her after the parade and talk to her and not make a complete fool out of himself!

Right? Right! He puffs out his chest a bit and tries to put a little swagger into his walk, hoping he doesn't look like a complete git.

-

@Canisa A few of the fae detach from the float, swirling around each other as they drift over the crowd, throwing down favors. Two of the break away to descend and look at the pretty jeweled coatl lady. Their frills shift, then one proffers her a favor.

-

@HailfireAlicorn The imperial startles at the guardian's booming voice, some of his paint going all over the fae. But they just giggle, frills fluttering, and he laughs as well. Then he picks out a favor and throws it up to his fae helpers who zip off with it to the guardian lady.

-

@SpookTunes The skydancer floating through the air draws the attention of the some the krewe-fae, and they flutter around her, like bright fish darting in the water. One of them gently tosses her a favor.

-

@Roseblossom Pearlcatchers getting into the spirit of things are surprisingly common. The imperial on the float just chuckles, his whiskers quivering, and throws her a favor. Anyone who hisses particularly loudly will find one of his fae krewe-mates divebombing them.

-

@Achi A fae from the float, spattered with paint but otherwise gleaming bright, flips down, holds out a favor to the colorful pearlcatcher. His eyes are Shadow, but his body language says he is the dancing shadow of the Circus rather than the lurking shadow of the criminal.

-

@Frogata That is a dancer who is getting a lot of drinks bought for them.

A flurry of fae from the float abruptly descend on the crowd, flicking out favors. Some of them hook around horns while others bounce gently off noses and a rare few disappear in a puff of smoke.

-

@Aspyria A fae drops down in front of the skydancer and holds out a favor. His frills shift as he picks up on her mood, but he only holds his favor out more insistently. "Merry Trickmurk."
nWiQNX9.png
fzM10XR.png
J7D1quC.png
WvEXipG.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3052577] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/30526/3052577_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] This float looks like a set of ruins floating along under their own power, but not the somewhat tame ruins of the Forum of the Obscured Crescent. No, these ruins are covered in thick brambles, and they seem to have their own light that isn't like the light of the glowshrooms or the sun. Things seem to peek out of corners, if a parade-goer can pull their eyes away from the krewe on the float to look at the empty corners. There are pearlcatchers, snappers, and mirrors, all painted with bright skeletons over their dark scales. They dance among the ruins and toss out favors as they dance. At the center, a beautiful skydancer swirls, and the shadows in her feathers swirl with her. - @GentleHeart A few of the dancers snatch up the swirling flowers, weaving them into manes or tucking them into their silks and leathers. Beauty is not to be missed in the Tangled Woods. - @hazy One of the skeleton-painted mirrors from the float takes off and beats his wings over the crowd. He throws down favors, including one that nearly bounces off Charge's nose. - @eeeeel A gaggle of skeleton-painted pearlcatchers pass overhead, tossing their pearls and favors back and forth. They always catch the pearls, but the favors always eventually fall down onto the crowd below. - @WynterDragen The mirror who took off from the float earlier perches on the archway. He's panting - working the parade is hot work, even in the cool darkness of the Tangled Woods in winter. He glances down and sees the wildclaw hiding there. With a grin, he drops one of his last favors right in front of her. - @Ookamiotoko To be fair, there are undoubtedly Shadow artisans who would think making a pearl for a ridgeback dragon to be the Best Idea Ever. A trio of dragons from the krewe soar overhead, throwing favors both down to the crowd below and up to the swirl of dragons above. - @Miracern A well-aimed favor bounces lightly off the guardian's nose. But in a crowd like this, who can tell who in the krewe threw it? (It was totally the skydancer.) - @myheartyoung "It's the best festival!" agrees another spiral, who also has Shadow eyes. "You're going to love the parade! My clan leader says I can sign up to be in it next year, I'm so excited!" - @reyofsun (( What a handsome fellow! )) The skydancer from the float abruptly takes off, leisurely circling around her float as she tosses out favors to the crowd. Even as she flew, she danced, alive in the music and the joy of Trickmurk Circus.

This float looks like a set of ruins floating along under their own power, but not the somewhat tame ruins of the Forum of the Obscured Crescent. No, these ruins are covered in thick brambles, and they seem to have their own light that isn't like the light of the glowshrooms or the sun. Things seem to peek out of corners, if a parade-goer can pull their eyes away from the krewe on the float to look at the empty corners.

There are pearlcatchers, snappers, and mirrors, all painted with bright skeletons over their dark scales. They dance among the ruins and toss out favors as they dance. At the center, a beautiful skydancer swirls, and the shadows in her feathers swirl with her.

-

@GentleHeart A few of the dancers snatch up the swirling flowers, weaving them into manes or tucking them into their silks and leathers. Beauty is not to be missed in the Tangled Woods.

-

@hazy One of the skeleton-painted mirrors from the float takes off and beats his wings over the crowd. He throws down favors, including one that nearly bounces off Charge's nose.

-

@eeeeel A gaggle of skeleton-painted pearlcatchers pass overhead, tossing their pearls and favors back and forth. They always catch the pearls, but the favors always eventually fall down onto the crowd below.

-

@WynterDragen The mirror who took off from the float earlier perches on the archway. He's panting - working the parade is hot work, even in the cool darkness of the Tangled Woods in winter.

He glances down and sees the wildclaw hiding there. With a grin, he drops one of his last favors right in front of her.

-

@Ookamiotoko To be fair, there are undoubtedly Shadow artisans who would think making a pearl for a ridgeback dragon to be the Best Idea Ever.

A trio of dragons from the krewe soar overhead, throwing favors both down to the crowd below and up to the swirl of dragons above.

-

@Miracern A well-aimed favor bounces lightly off the guardian's nose. But in a crowd like this, who can tell who in the krewe threw it? (It was totally the skydancer.)

-

@myheartyoung "It's the best festival!" agrees another spiral, who also has Shadow eyes. "You're going to love the parade! My clan leader says I can sign up to be in it next year, I'm so excited!"

-

@reyofsun (( What a handsome fellow! ))

The skydancer from the float abruptly takes off, leisurely circling around her float as she tosses out favors to the crowd. Even as she flew, she danced, alive in the music and the joy of Trickmurk Circus.
nWiQNX9.png
fzM10XR.png
J7D1quC.png
WvEXipG.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16021991] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/160220/16021991_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] This float moves under its own power. Moons are painted on the sides, cycling from new to full and back again. The back of the float rises up in the shape of the Forum of the Obscured Crescent, but it is closed off. Nothing can be seen within. An enspelled moon rests at the highest point, almost looking as if it floats above the Forum. It slowly changes from new to full and back again as the float moves along. Skydancers make up the krewe, decked out in starry silks. They throw their favors with energy, eschewing the elegance that pearlcatchers cling to for the energy of the parade and the crowd, and the way it quivers through their antennae. Only the skydancer at the head of the float seems unmoved, and only to those who aren't also skydancers. - @Whitefoxtails As the nocturne and the guardian turn away, the skydancer at the head of the float turns to look at them. Her feathers shift subtly, then she picks up a favor and throws it. It drops almost directly in front of the nocturne's nose. - @JinxMoonstone Such a bright and beautiful lady catches the eye, and two of the skydancers from the float take off. They wing over, leisurely tossing out favors to the crowd. Their antennae quiver as one winks flirtatiously and holds out a favor to Psyche, while the other hangs back. - @Oricole The Parade is always happy to have more performers. It's exhausting work, and performers cycle in and out of the overall krewe fairly regularly. Two spiral dancers flicker by, twisting around each other before splitting. A bit of cloth comes undone from one's costume, and the wind blows it onto Gishiki's wings. - @Nekomancer77 The many-eyed spiral and the dancer draw curious looks but no comment. Not until a skydancer from the krewe flies overhead and deliberately throws down a favor into the dancer's hands. - @pedroinboxfort The skydancer at the head of the float turns to look at the fae acting as the coatl's hat. One of her krewe catches the shift in her attention and lobs a favor towards the dragons who drew it. - @rajioobake Not watching where you're going is a common problem at the Trickmurk Circus. So many exciting, distracting things! A favor bounces down from above, bopping the coatl gently on the nose. - @WillowThorn The skydancer at the head of the float stands up and flares her wings. She sensed that. With a low hiss, she picks up a favor and takes off. It is only a brief flight to see that it gets to the little pearlcatcher, but the fact that she even flew off her float at all is shocking to the other skydancers with her. But some things need doing. - @spacedaydreamer A trio of skydancers flutter upwards and circle over the parade-route, throwing favors both down to the crowd below and up into the morass of dragons flying over the parade.

This float moves under its own power. Moons are painted on the sides, cycling from new to full and back again. The back of the float rises up in the shape of the Forum of the Obscured Crescent, but it is closed off. Nothing can be seen within. An enspelled moon rests at the highest point, almost looking as if it floats above the Forum. It slowly changes from new to full and back again as the float moves along.

Skydancers make up the krewe, decked out in starry silks. They throw their favors with energy, eschewing the elegance that pearlcatchers cling to for the energy of the parade and the crowd, and the way it quivers through their antennae. Only the skydancer at the head of the float seems unmoved, and only to those who aren't also skydancers.

-

@Whitefoxtails As the nocturne and the guardian turn away, the skydancer at the head of the float turns to look at them. Her feathers shift subtly, then she picks up a favor and throws it.

It drops almost directly in front of the nocturne's nose.

-

@JinxMoonstone Such a bright and beautiful lady catches the eye, and two of the skydancers from the float take off. They wing over, leisurely tossing out favors to the crowd. Their antennae quiver as one winks flirtatiously and holds out a favor to Psyche, while the other hangs back.

-

@Oricole The Parade is always happy to have more performers. It's exhausting work, and performers cycle in and out of the overall krewe fairly regularly.

Two spiral dancers flicker by, twisting around each other before splitting. A bit of cloth comes undone from one's costume, and the wind blows it onto Gishiki's wings.

-

@Nekomancer77 The many-eyed spiral and the dancer draw curious looks but no comment. Not until a skydancer from the krewe flies overhead and deliberately throws down a favor into the dancer's hands.

-

@pedroinboxfort The skydancer at the head of the float turns to look at the fae acting as the coatl's hat. One of her krewe catches the shift in her attention and lobs a favor towards the dragons who drew it.

-

@rajioobake Not watching where you're going is a common problem at the Trickmurk Circus. So many exciting, distracting things!

A favor bounces down from above, bopping the coatl gently on the nose.

-

@WillowThorn The skydancer at the head of the float stands up and flares her wings. She sensed that.

With a low hiss, she picks up a favor and takes off. It is only a brief flight to see that it gets to the little pearlcatcher, but the fact that she even flew off her float at all is shocking to the other skydancers with her.

But some things need doing.

-

@spacedaydreamer A trio of skydancers flutter upwards and circle over the parade-route, throwing favors both down to the crowd below and up into the morass of dragons flying over the parade.
nWiQNX9.png
fzM10XR.png
J7D1quC.png
WvEXipG.png
((Sadly, we've reached the point where I re-use floats. )) [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18026017] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/180261/18026017_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] This float is pulled by a pair of spirals fully stretched out, wings flickering almost too fast for the eye to follow. Their heads are painted bright, and the color flows and fades along their body. If you squint, you can actually believe they're a pair of comets trailing fire. The float itself is a bowl with pillars shaped like trees of the Tangled Wood along the edges supporting a dome above. At first glance, dome and bowl mirror each other. Both are dark but sparkling with stars. But something's not quite right. Arcane dragons, or other star-watchers, will realize it if they study the float - the dome shows the constellation of the northern hemisphere of Sornieth while the bowl shows the constellations of the southern hemisphere. Spirals and coatl unwrap themselves from the pillars to throw favors out into the crowd. Many of them are painted with comets, too, and some of the coatl shake off glittering stardust as they fly over the crowd, much to the delight of the hatchlings. The only [i]color[/i] on the float, though, is the coatl sitting atop the dome. Purple nebulae swirl in his feathers as he flares and flashes his wings. Every now and then, he stands up on his hind legs to throw out a favor, proudly displaying the clouds of stars in his breast-feathers. - @shadowmaat Another nocturne in the crowd calls back a response as the same type of bird. A different one does a sakura owl's call instead. This nets an indignant wildwood response from yet another nocturne, which results in two others teaming up on sakura owl-calls. Suddenly, the entire parade is taken over by the soft sound of owl-calls before fading back into the normal crowd noises. - @Canisa The hatchlings laugh; coatl feathers flicker, the snapperling stamps her feet, and the mirrors' tongues loll out. Laughter vanishes into excitement that has them all flapping their wings as a spiral from the float (lookit! another spiral from the parade!) flies overhead, distributing a few more favors with a wink. - @ThisOneIsBlue A spiral laughs, as she catches both the fae-intonation and the body language. She has plenty of fae in her own clan; she knows how they are. But it's still so amusingly incongruous. "Hayyyyy~" She throws three favors, two of them neatly catching on the ridgebacks' noses and one of them aimed to fall directly in front of the fae. - @brain4puzzles Mirror dragons like Mallet are one of the reasons the Shadow Flight does a rain of toads towards the end of the Parade. It certainly makes cleaning things up much easier. - @Jurpassic A coatl with stardust falling from their wings swoops down, lazily dropping favors over the crowd. They pause for a moment over the nice-looking tundra, then toss something down to gently bounce off that fluffy, fluffy coat. - @fairyn The little fae attracts attention from one of the coatl krewe members. He tentatively offers to help with the untangling, stardust shedding from his feathers. - @Dreamlight "Praise be!" echoes a nocturne nearby. There's a few rumbles of approval, but most of it fades into the general crowd-noise. Overhead, a pair of spirals from the krewe spin around each other, knotting up then slipping undone. They split apart, each going in a different direction. An errant fae startles one, though, and their mask winds up falling into the crowd. - @Artisuseless The coatl at the top of the float rears up, chest-feathers fluffing out. Spirals all in black, darker than the night, dart down from the sky, play-attacking, and he hisses and lashes out with shadow magic. Any trained magic-user, can see he's pulling his punches as it were. But the black spirals are blinded and 'subdued', their illusions of darker-than-darkness fading. The coatl on top of the float settles then down then gathers up a string of favors to throw out into the crowd. (( My responders are giving me feels. ))
((Sadly, we've reached the point where I re-use floats. ))

This float is pulled by a pair of spirals fully stretched out, wings flickering almost too fast for the eye to follow. Their heads are painted bright, and the color flows and fades along their body. If you squint, you can actually believe they're a pair of comets trailing fire.

The float itself is a bowl with pillars shaped like trees of the Tangled Wood along the edges supporting a dome above. At first glance, dome and bowl mirror each other. Both are dark but sparkling with stars. But something's not quite right. Arcane dragons, or other star-watchers, will realize it if they study the float - the dome shows the constellation of the northern hemisphere of Sornieth while the bowl shows the constellations of the southern hemisphere.

Spirals and coatl unwrap themselves from the pillars to throw favors out into the crowd. Many of them are painted with comets, too, and some of the coatl shake off glittering stardust as they fly over the crowd, much to the delight of the hatchlings.

The only color on the float, though, is the coatl sitting atop the dome. Purple nebulae swirl in his feathers as he flares and flashes his wings. Every now and then, he stands up on his hind legs to throw out a favor, proudly displaying the clouds of stars in his breast-feathers.

-

@shadowmaat Another nocturne in the crowd calls back a response as the same type of bird. A different one does a sakura owl's call instead. This nets an indignant wildwood response from yet another nocturne, which results in two others teaming up on sakura owl-calls.

Suddenly, the entire parade is taken over by the soft sound of owl-calls before fading back into the normal crowd noises.

-

@Canisa The hatchlings laugh; coatl feathers flicker, the snapperling stamps her feet, and the mirrors' tongues loll out.

Laughter vanishes into excitement that has them all flapping their wings as a spiral from the float (lookit! another spiral from the parade!) flies overhead, distributing a few more favors with a wink.

-

@ThisOneIsBlue A spiral laughs, as she catches both the fae-intonation and the body language. She has plenty of fae in her own clan; she knows how they are. But it's still so amusingly incongruous.

"Hayyyyy~" She throws three favors, two of them neatly catching on the ridgebacks' noses and one of them aimed to fall directly in front of the fae.

-

@brain4puzzles Mirror dragons like Mallet are one of the reasons the Shadow Flight does a rain of toads towards the end of the Parade. It certainly makes cleaning things up much easier.

-

@Jurpassic A coatl with stardust falling from their wings swoops down, lazily dropping favors over the crowd. They pause for a moment over the nice-looking tundra, then toss something down to gently bounce off that fluffy, fluffy coat.

-

@fairyn The little fae attracts attention from one of the coatl krewe members. He tentatively offers to help with the untangling, stardust shedding from his feathers.

-

@Dreamlight "Praise be!" echoes a nocturne nearby. There's a few rumbles of approval, but most of it fades into the general crowd-noise.

Overhead, a pair of spirals from the krewe spin around each other, knotting up then slipping undone. They split apart, each going in a different direction. An errant fae startles one, though, and their mask winds up falling into the crowd.

-

@Artisuseless The coatl at the top of the float rears up, chest-feathers fluffing out. Spirals all in black, darker than the night, dart down from the sky, play-attacking, and he hisses and lashes out with shadow magic. Any trained magic-user, can see he's pulling his punches as it were.

But the black spirals are blinded and 'subdued', their illusions of darker-than-darkness fading. The coatl on top of the float settles then down then gathers up a string of favors to throw out into the crowd.

(( My responders are giving me feels. ))
nWiQNX9.png
fzM10XR.png
J7D1quC.png
WvEXipG.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15002510] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/150026/15002510_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] This float rolls along under its own power, runes and glitters of magic shining in an infinity symbol wrapped from one wheel to the other. It looks like a larger-than-life tinker's wagon. Nocturnes dangle alongside bundles of herbs from its eaves. The windows are thrown open, and the soft glow of mushroomlight spills out. Symbols of shadow, forest, and thorns are painted all over it in darkly gleaming paint. A spiral sits on the main seat, but with no reins in her hands. Instead her clawtips glow with magic the same color as the infinity wheels of the wagon. Above her on the roof of the wagon, a pair of tundras lounge, throwing out sweet-smelling favors to the crowd and especially to the hatchlings. Fae flick in and out of the windows, gathering their own favors to fling at the crowd. The nocturnes seem content to hang like overly-large bats, but every now and then, one takes flight to deliver favors up into the cloud of dragons overhead. - @Temmith The booth with the roasted glowshrooms would not be terribly difficult to find. Its owner was doing a brisk business, as were most of the food-sellers near the parade route. An anklet falls down from the sky - it seems one of the dancers lost theirs. Losing pieces of your costume is expected at Trickmurk, and there are several other dragons eyeing it hopefully as it gleams practically under Oktokki's claws. - @princeymarmar A quartet of fae float around each other, tossing favors to and fro. They deliberately drop some, accidentally drop a few, and almost fly into a tree at one point when one of the mirror dancers deliberately fouls them. - @ellensaurus One of the tundras atop the float lifts their head, then grins lazily as it spots the coatl who has edged her way to the front. They pick up a favor and toss it, then throw another one as a particularly aggressive spiral snags the first one. Then they bounce something heavy off the spiral. Krewe members have great throwing arms. - @Mikisama As the imperial and her mate draw away, a fae from one of the floats flits overhead, throwing down favors. His mask slips and tumbles off, and he makes a perfunctory dive after it before letting it fall into the crowd as another favor. - @FallingSlowly The spiral directing the float twisted back on herself and picked up a plushie from her stash of favors. She judged carefully, then lobbed it so it would hopefully fall directly in Vesper's path. - @Zaelium One of the tundras atop the float throws out a spray of favors, which some of the fae krewe catch and carry farther over the crowd to drop down among the folk who can't be right up at the front of the parade. - @Canisa "Good reflexes!" calls a tundra, all friendly-like. It looks like as if she means to come over and chat, but then one of her clanmates pounces on her, and the parade rolls on, distracting everyone. - @ThisOneIsBlue A fae from the krewe dive-bombs abruptly, flaring out her wings at the last second to come to a hovering stop just in front of the other fae. Her frills convey her pleasure at everything, then she takes off her mask and holds it out.

This float rolls along under its own power, runes and glitters of magic shining in an infinity symbol wrapped from one wheel to the other. It looks like a larger-than-life tinker's wagon. Nocturnes dangle alongside bundles of herbs from its eaves. The windows are thrown open, and the soft glow of mushroomlight spills out. Symbols of shadow, forest, and thorns are painted all over it in darkly gleaming paint.

A spiral sits on the main seat, but with no reins in her hands. Instead her clawtips glow with magic the same color as the infinity wheels of the wagon. Above her on the roof of the wagon, a pair of tundras lounge, throwing out sweet-smelling favors to the crowd and especially to the hatchlings. Fae flick in and out of the windows, gathering their own favors to fling at the crowd. The nocturnes seem content to hang like overly-large bats, but every now and then, one takes flight to deliver favors up into the cloud of dragons overhead.

-

@Temmith The booth with the roasted glowshrooms would not be terribly difficult to find. Its owner was doing a brisk business, as were most of the food-sellers near the parade route.

An anklet falls down from the sky - it seems one of the dancers lost theirs. Losing pieces of your costume is expected at Trickmurk, and there are several other dragons eyeing it hopefully as it gleams practically under Oktokki's claws.

-

@princeymarmar A quartet of fae float around each other, tossing favors to and fro. They deliberately drop some, accidentally drop a few, and almost fly into a tree at one point when one of the mirror dancers deliberately fouls them.

-

@ellensaurus One of the tundras atop the float lifts their head, then grins lazily as it spots the coatl who has edged her way to the front. They pick up a favor and toss it, then throw another one as a particularly aggressive spiral snags the first one. Then they bounce something heavy off the spiral.

Krewe members have great throwing arms.

-

@Mikisama As the imperial and her mate draw away, a fae from one of the floats flits overhead, throwing down favors. His mask slips and tumbles off, and he makes a perfunctory dive after it before letting it fall into the crowd as another favor.

-

@FallingSlowly The spiral directing the float twisted back on herself and picked up a plushie from her stash of favors. She judged carefully, then lobbed it so it would hopefully fall directly in Vesper's path.

-

@Zaelium One of the tundras atop the float throws out a spray of favors, which some of the fae krewe catch and carry farther over the crowd to drop down among the folk who can't be right up at the front of the parade.

-

@Canisa "Good reflexes!" calls a tundra, all friendly-like. It looks like as if she means to come over and chat, but then one of her clanmates pounces on her, and the parade rolls on, distracting everyone.

-

@ThisOneIsBlue A fae from the krewe dive-bombs abruptly, flaring out her wings at the last second to come to a hovering stop just in front of the other fae. Her frills convey her pleasure at everything, then she takes off her mask and holds it out.
nWiQNX9.png
fzM10XR.png
J7D1quC.png
WvEXipG.png
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18