Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [Closed] Trickmurk Parade
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/203359/20335830_350.png?mtime=VspGoAACnsI.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/201459/20145816_350.png?mtime=VspGvQACwE0.png[/img][/center] Making her way through the crowd, Aferdita tried to be inconspicuous, but to no avail. The shadows did little to hide her bright red colors and huge form, and she noticed a number of hatchlings become distracted from the parade to cast their glance over to her. Ignoring the looks of others, she focused on the parade in front of her. She watches the show of dragons with interest, and tilts her head thoughtfully as she observes those demonstrating magic and tricks. A mischievous smile flits across her face, and her dark green eyes begin glowing as she calls up vines from the earth. They spread across the parade path and in an instant bloom beautiful dark purple flowers. Satisfied, she hums happily as she watches the parade walk over the now green and purple path. The dancing pearlcatchers movements cause some of the flowers to break free of the vines and be thrown into the air, creating a shower of lovely smelling purple petals. Runefall sees all this happening, and decides to add his own flair. His light green eyes glow intensely, and a breeze stirs up more of the flower petals, filling the air with them. Content he had represented Windpapa well, he sat down next to his clanmate to watch the rest of the parade.
20335830_350.png?mtime=VspGoAACnsI.png
20145816_350.png?mtime=VspGvQACwE0.png

Making her way through the crowd, Aferdita tried to be inconspicuous, but to no avail. The shadows did little to hide her bright red colors and huge form, and she noticed a number of hatchlings become distracted from the parade to cast their glance over to her. Ignoring the looks of others, she focused on the parade in front of her.
She watches the show of dragons with interest, and tilts her head thoughtfully as she observes those demonstrating magic and tricks. A mischievous smile flits across her face, and her dark green eyes begin glowing as she calls up vines from the earth. They spread across the parade path and in an instant bloom beautiful dark purple flowers.
Satisfied, she hums happily as she watches the parade walk over the now green and purple path. The dancing pearlcatchers movements cause some of the flowers to break free of the vines and be thrown into the air, creating a shower of lovely smelling purple petals.
Runefall sees all this happening, and decides to add his own flair. His light green eyes glow intensely, and a breeze stirs up more of the flower petals, filling the air with them. Content he had represented Windpapa well, he sat down next to his clanmate to watch the rest of the parade.
2likcy8.jpgx2Uu1ph.pngdpjScA5.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15837055] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/158371/15837055_350.png[/img] [/url] Charge was speechless as she stood among the throngs of dragons at the Circus. The whole sight was overwhelming- the smells of fried fish and lacelike candy floss and the sounds of shouts and laughter enveloped her. Standing still among the river of carnivalgoers, the crowd parted around her, joyful and jostling. It was so unlike anything else she had ever seen before-- being from a small clan, with her beginnings in the sparsely-populated tundra and the rest of her life spent in relative isolation, it was a scene that nothing would have prepared her for. "Why are we here?" she muttered to the Spiral beside her. "For fun!" he shouted, his spots dancing as he gyrated wildly, the lively atmosphere instilling a jubilant mood on his normally cheerful demeanor. "Come on, Charge! Enjoy yourself. Have you never been to something like this? Buy some food! Go to some games, something! Don't you like games? I know you do, you're just hiding it!" Charge sighed, long-suffering, but as she reluctantly followed the spiral winding his way through the colorful crowd, she found that a smile was slowly growing on her face.

15837055_350.png

Charge was speechless as she stood among the throngs of dragons at the Circus. The whole sight was overwhelming- the smells of fried fish and lacelike candy floss and the sounds of shouts and laughter enveloped her. Standing still among the river of carnivalgoers, the crowd parted around her, joyful and jostling. It was so unlike anything else she had ever seen before-- being from a small clan, with her beginnings in the sparsely-populated tundra and the rest of her life spent in relative isolation, it was a scene that nothing would have prepared her for.

"Why are we here?" she muttered to the Spiral beside her.

"For fun!" he shouted, his spots dancing as he gyrated wildly, the lively atmosphere instilling a jubilant mood on his normally cheerful demeanor. "Come on, Charge! Enjoy yourself. Have you never been to something like this? Buy some food! Go to some games, something! Don't you like games? I know you do, you're just hiding it!"

Charge sighed, long-suffering, but as she reluctantly followed the spiral winding his way through the colorful crowd, she found that a smile was slowly growing on her face.
yDxBpzp.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10934356] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/109344/10934356_350.png[/img] [/url] Penumbra slithered his way through the crowd, somehow able to slip through tight spaces with ease despite his bulky thorns and heavy bag. He straightened the crown on his head, grinning with delight. This was his first visit to Shadow lands since the last festival, when he was only a hatchling, and it did not disappoint. The mushrooms glowed comfortingly, the festival atmosphere was cheerful and familiar, and the parade was fantastic. He made it to a clear patch of grass with a decent view and flopped down to watch. "Hurry up, Iris!" he called over his shoulder. "I got us a seat!" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2570292] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/25703/2570292_350.png[/img] [/url] Iris fluttered down next to her friend, alighting with a soft smile. "I'm right here, Penumbra, not to worry." She sat in the grass, taking care not to ruin her silks, as the parade approached their spot. "Ahh, I think it's going to be a good show." "You bet it will!" Penumbra said. His tail twitched with excitement. "I'm going to catch more favors than you, just watch." "...You're on."

10934356_350.png

Penumbra slithered his way through the crowd, somehow able to slip through tight spaces with ease despite his bulky thorns and heavy bag. He straightened the crown on his head, grinning with delight. This was his first visit to Shadow lands since the last festival, when he was only a hatchling, and it did not disappoint. The mushrooms glowed comfortingly, the festival atmosphere was cheerful and familiar, and the parade was fantastic. He made it to a clear patch of grass with a decent view and flopped down to watch.

"Hurry up, Iris!" he called over his shoulder. "I got us a seat!"

2570292_350.png

Iris fluttered down next to her friend, alighting with a soft smile. "I'm right here, Penumbra, not to worry." She sat in the grass, taking care not to ruin her silks, as the parade approached their spot. "Ahh, I think it's going to be a good show."

"You bet it will!" Penumbra said. His tail twitched with excitement. "I'm going to catch more favors than you, just watch."

"...You're on."
Mithril started at the sound of trumpets and saxes as dragons flew by. She quickly ducked into a carved archway as she watched her mother flight's parade... what a sight to see!
Mithril started at the sound of trumpets and saxes as dragons flew by. She quickly ducked into a carved archway as she watched her mother flight's parade... what a sight to see!
A ridgeback vibrates in his spot. "Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!! I LIVE for this parade!" He jumps and sings happily to himself in the thick of the dragons watching the parade. But what caught his eye the most was those beautiful pearls.

He stood, staring into their pearls as they flew. Maybe he could steal one later on? Nono, that would be mean, me murmured to himself.

A very large guardian thwacked him across his head, sending his hat flying. "Don't you even think about stealing that, peon." she bellowed at him. He shifted in his seat looking down, defeated.

"Sorry Coal-mama... They're so pretty, but I have to earn my pearl!" She rolled her eyes at his comment. Ridgebacks aren't allowed to have pearls.
A ridgeback vibrates in his spot. "Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!! I LIVE for this parade!" He jumps and sings happily to himself in the thick of the dragons watching the parade. But what caught his eye the most was those beautiful pearls.

He stood, staring into their pearls as they flew. Maybe he could steal one later on? Nono, that would be mean, me murmured to himself.

A very large guardian thwacked him across his head, sending his hat flying. "Don't you even think about stealing that, peon." she bellowed at him. He shifted in his seat looking down, defeated.

"Sorry Coal-mama... They're so pretty, but I have to earn my pearl!" She rolled her eyes at his comment. Ridgebacks aren't allowed to have pearls.
Ookamiotoko.gif tumblr_ojyji38sW31rlzsw1o6_r2_75sq.png
tumblr_ojyji38sW31rlzsw1o5_r2_75sq.png
tumblr_ojyji38sW31rlzsw1o1_r2_75sq.png
tumblr_o6bwq5Fr4C1u9ymyzo1_250.gif
*FR + 2*
tumblr_ojyji38sW31rlzsw1o2_r2_75sq.png
tumblr_ojyji38sW31rlzsw1o4_r2_75sq.png
tumblr_ojyji38sW31rlzsw1o3_r2_75sq.png
Ookamiotoko.gif
A female guardian slithered through the crowds, paying little attention to the masses. In any other case, she'd be enjoying the pointless chatter and semi-free food--dragons shouldn't really leave their food in the open like that. But alas, it was nearing nighttime, and rules were rules.

Within a heartbeat, after nearly clobbering a fae with a wayward swish of the tail, Blazel pounced.

The tundra, having predicted the whole situation down to the Spiral that did get whacked, simply moved his small body to the right. The nearby snapper Blazel had faceplanted simply continued to watch the festivities.

The guardian loomed over the tundra, giving him a look that would make all the deities proud. "You of all dragons," she growled. "You know it's dinnertime."

"Yes, yes," the tundra beamed back, unfazed by the scowl the female sent his way. "Be back by dinnertime, but the parade doesn't get good until then. You can't blame me for wanting to see all this." The tundra used a paw to gesture to the parade, with its colors and sounds. Either that, or he was motioning to the bug-on-sticks on the other side.

The guardian turned a skeptical eye towards the parade, pointedly ignoring the Spiral that was currently nursing their wounds. She let her gaze wander from float to float, taking in the din of horns and drums. After a few moments, she muttered, "Perhaps the craftsmanship isn't shoddy, but--"

"Dinner, dinner," Caisol sighed. "This is why no one wants to be around you during the evenings. Who's here, who's not here, do they know it's dinnertime--doesn't that get old to you?"

Blazel grumbled a reply, which may or may not have contained expletives. "Let's just go." The guardian unfurled her wings and rolled her shoulders. "Maybe you can watch it tomorrow--after dinner."

Both dragons departed for their lair, one wondering about the nutritional benefits of carnival food for hatchlings.

The other one merely thought about dinnertime.
A female guardian slithered through the crowds, paying little attention to the masses. In any other case, she'd be enjoying the pointless chatter and semi-free food--dragons shouldn't really leave their food in the open like that. But alas, it was nearing nighttime, and rules were rules.

Within a heartbeat, after nearly clobbering a fae with a wayward swish of the tail, Blazel pounced.

The tundra, having predicted the whole situation down to the Spiral that did get whacked, simply moved his small body to the right. The nearby snapper Blazel had faceplanted simply continued to watch the festivities.

The guardian loomed over the tundra, giving him a look that would make all the deities proud. "You of all dragons," she growled. "You know it's dinnertime."

"Yes, yes," the tundra beamed back, unfazed by the scowl the female sent his way. "Be back by dinnertime, but the parade doesn't get good until then. You can't blame me for wanting to see all this." The tundra used a paw to gesture to the parade, with its colors and sounds. Either that, or he was motioning to the bug-on-sticks on the other side.

The guardian turned a skeptical eye towards the parade, pointedly ignoring the Spiral that was currently nursing their wounds. She let her gaze wander from float to float, taking in the din of horns and drums. After a few moments, she muttered, "Perhaps the craftsmanship isn't shoddy, but--"

"Dinner, dinner," Caisol sighed. "This is why no one wants to be around you during the evenings. Who's here, who's not here, do they know it's dinnertime--doesn't that get old to you?"

Blazel grumbled a reply, which may or may not have contained expletives. "Let's just go." The guardian unfurled her wings and rolled her shoulders. "Maybe you can watch it tomorrow--after dinner."

Both dragons departed for their lair, one wondering about the nutritional benefits of carnival food for hatchlings.

The other one merely thought about dinnertime.
@beckyh2112 [center]Leopold smiles and flaps his wings in excitement. "It's my favorite event of the year," he explains. "The Trickmurk Circus!" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=203223] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/2033/203223_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
@beckyh2112
Leopold smiles and flaps his wings in excitement. "It's my favorite event of the year," he explains. "The Trickmurk Circus!"

203223_350.png

9eXyW7h.png

tumblr_inline_nfx4qesxHc1r6zydg.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20149129] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/201492/20149129_350.png[/img] [/url] Orpheus was fascinated by the parade. He had been taken from his home as a hatchling, and aside from the stories his older sisters told, he could not remember the Tangled Wood. This was his first time experiencing the culture of other Shadow dragons. It was almost overwhelming. He felt a deep connection to the music, and watched as the dancers easily kept to the rhythm. Virux and Proxima were on either side of him, cheering as the parade went on.

20149129_350.png

Orpheus was fascinated by the parade. He had been taken from his home as a hatchling, and aside from the stories his older sisters told, he could not remember the Tangled Wood. This was his first time experiencing the culture of other Shadow dragons. It was almost overwhelming.

He felt a deep connection to the music, and watched as the dancers easily kept to the rhythm. Virux and Proxima were on either side of him, cheering as the parade went on.
hu72dVR.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19607966] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/196080/19607966_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] I smiled. I had never given myself a name, and the rest of my clan simply referred to me as 'Newlife'. They always said I had been found as an egg on the tundra. No other dragon had been near the area where I had been found. I never quite fit in with my clan, and now I knew why. The parade rolled past me, and it felt like I was coming home. Something in the cacophony of noise and lights and dragons made me feel like I belonged here, and I wished I didn't have to leave. Maybe someday, I could find a clan willing to teach me these tricks, to tumble and juggle and sing and dance like these dragons did. A wing draped over me, large and blue and cool and oh-so-familiar. My Leader, Tallath, loomed over me, and I tore my gaze from the parade with a sigh. [i]Come, Newlife. The parade will pass us again. Food?[/i] I followed the Guardian away from the parade, wishing I could simply sit and watch it forever. Or better, become a part of it. But for now, I would be content with the life I had.

I smiled. I had never given myself a name, and the rest of my clan simply referred to me as 'Newlife'. They always said I had been found as an egg on the tundra. No other dragon had been near the area where I had been found. I never quite fit in with my clan, and now I knew why.

The parade rolled past me, and it felt like I was coming home. Something in the cacophony of noise and lights and dragons made me feel like I belonged here, and I wished I didn't have to leave. Maybe someday, I could find a clan willing to teach me these tricks, to tumble and juggle and sing and dance like these dragons did.

A wing draped over me, large and blue and cool and oh-so-familiar. My Leader, Tallath, loomed over me, and I tore my gaze from the parade with a sigh.

Come, Newlife. The parade will pass us again. Food? I followed the Guardian away from the parade, wishing I could simply sit and watch it forever. Or better, become a part of it. But for now, I would be content with the life I had.
ice_shield2_by_starkindlerstudio-dajun8r.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10689055] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/106891/10689055_350.png[/img] [/url] Psyche hadn't been back to The Tangled Wood since last year's festival, when one of the clan's dragons took all the hatchlings to the parade. She was excited to see the parade again - last year she had picked up some silks that came floating down to her and she had fashioned them into arm silks. The dancers were her favorite part and she looked forward to seeing what they did this year. Psyche looked for a spot in the crowd and settled down to watch this year's spectacle.

10689055_350.png

Psyche hadn't been back to The Tangled Wood since last year's festival, when one of the clan's dragons took all the hatchlings to the parade. She was excited to see the parade again - last year she had picked up some silks that came floating down to her and she had fashioned them into arm silks. The dancers were her favorite part and she looked forward to seeing what they did this year. Psyche looked for a spot in the crowd and settled down to watch this year's spectacle.
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18