Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | WIPs: CLOSED News on page 202
1 2 ... 195 196 197 198 199 ... 201 202
@Kedia
Its called blipfoto! I haven't seen nearly as many Americans there as I have Europeans, but that's fine. I've seen literally thousands of gorgeous photos of two European cities I've always wanted to go to, and after showing B quite a few of them, he agrees that if we can save up to do it, we should go there for our 20th anniversary. (We're being entirely realistic here, aiming for ten years away from now, when hopefully my health is better and we're able to save up a good amount of money.)

It's basically a one-photo-a-day photo journal. The hardest part about it is deciding what picture to post if you love several you took that day! Some people cheat and make collages of photos, but I think that that's against the very spirit of the site.

The community there is loving and supportive and friendly. People there don't seem to be snobs about the quality of photographs, either. I've seen some really awful quality photos that got praises for what it showed, not complaints about how grainy the image is.

The people there realize that everyone there is an actual person and treats them as such.

I've found it to be rather therapeutic these last couple weeks.

I'd recommend it for helping with stress, anxiety, and depression. While I'm still very stressed, anxious, and depressed, the positive, supportive comments my photos get helps a lot. That perfect strangers actually care about me, even if they only found out I existed a few minutes ago.

Seriously. This site is amazing.
@Kedia
Its called blipfoto! I haven't seen nearly as many Americans there as I have Europeans, but that's fine. I've seen literally thousands of gorgeous photos of two European cities I've always wanted to go to, and after showing B quite a few of them, he agrees that if we can save up to do it, we should go there for our 20th anniversary. (We're being entirely realistic here, aiming for ten years away from now, when hopefully my health is better and we're able to save up a good amount of money.)

It's basically a one-photo-a-day photo journal. The hardest part about it is deciding what picture to post if you love several you took that day! Some people cheat and make collages of photos, but I think that that's against the very spirit of the site.

The community there is loving and supportive and friendly. People there don't seem to be snobs about the quality of photographs, either. I've seen some really awful quality photos that got praises for what it showed, not complaints about how grainy the image is.

The people there realize that everyone there is an actual person and treats them as such.

I've found it to be rather therapeutic these last couple weeks.

I'd recommend it for helping with stress, anxiety, and depression. While I'm still very stressed, anxious, and depressed, the positive, supportive comments my photos get helps a lot. That perfect strangers actually care about me, even if they only found out I existed a few minutes ago.

Seriously. This site is amazing.
Is our skin to keep the world out or our bodies in?
This doesn't feel like home.
@NovaLovesFrogs

Neat! I'll check it out after finals.
@NovaLovesFrogs

Neat! I'll check it out after finals.
@Kedia
It might be able to help with the stress of finals.
@Kedia
It might be able to help with the stress of finals.
Is our skin to keep the world out or our bodies in?
@NovaLovesFrogs

-chuckles-

I need to make sure I don't start anything that will get addicting, like looking at finals. And during finals, there are almost no breaks...and a bunch of all nighters...

Med school finals are brutal...
@NovaLovesFrogs

-chuckles-

I need to make sure I don't start anything that will get addicting, like looking at finals. And during finals, there are almost no breaks...and a bunch of all nighters...

Med school finals are brutal...
@Kedia of course you can! XDI just got back from a craft show at my little brother's school, I have a new hat :)
@Kedia of course you can! XDI just got back from a craft show at my little brother's school, I have a new hat :)
@xXAutumnXx

Lol! Awesome! Do you have a picture?

Of the hat, I mean. Although I wouldn't say no to cookie pictures either. :-P
@xXAutumnXx

Lol! Awesome! Do you have a picture?

Of the hat, I mean. Although I wouldn't say no to cookie pictures either. :-P
@Kedia Nope, I think I have one of the one I bought last week though somewhere.../rummages through pictures/ I have a weakness for knit hats and beanies oh the shame! XD
@Kedia Nope, I think I have one of the one I bought last week though somewhere.../rummages through pictures/ I have a weakness for knit hats and beanies oh the shame! XD
@xXAutumnXx

Lol! How is that shameful? :-P

I have a bad habit for buying way too many books and stuff from other countries...and from goodwill...I just went to Goodwill and Half Price with a friend thinking "Hey, at least I won't spend much money because the stuff there is cheap"...and spent over $40. Oops. >.
@xXAutumnXx

Lol! How is that shameful? :-P

I have a bad habit for buying way too many books and stuff from other countries...and from goodwill...I just went to Goodwill and Half Price with a friend thinking "Hey, at least I won't spend much money because the stuff there is cheap"...and spent over $40. Oops. >.
@Kedia The sequence of "cheap shopping" then oops describes me perfectly XD this is why I fear the day I have an actual credit card that can get me into debt.
"Ma'am you haven't paid your taxes in two months!"
"But the hats......"
@Kedia The sequence of "cheap shopping" then oops describes me perfectly XD this is why I fear the day I have an actual credit card that can get me into debt.
"Ma'am you haven't paid your taxes in two months!"
"But the hats......"
@xXAutumnXx

Lol! I should get a credit card to build up my credit...but I like debit too much. :-)
@xXAutumnXx

Lol! I should get a credit card to build up my credit...but I like debit too much. :-)
1 2 ... 195 196 197 198 199 ... 201 202