Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WCS] Songs of the Sea!
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 24 25
@oneluckyduck again, I am focusing on little details, but the whole story overall is amazing and so is the music style. Most of all it was so gutsy to make an entire album so very weird and FLAUNT the weirdness and double down at every opportunity. That’s what I love so much!

Song I think you would like based on liking Ziltoid the Omniscient even though you are not obligated, and if you find it’s worth continuing then good for you - gamer comedy “One Second Ghost” on album “NESferatu” by the Gothsicles.
https://youtu.be/1IFPNtc--LI?si=UqD07oBaKThy5CJH
@oneluckyduck again, I am focusing on little details, but the whole story overall is amazing and so is the music style. Most of all it was so gutsy to make an entire album so very weird and FLAUNT the weirdness and double down at every opportunity. That’s what I love so much!

Song I think you would like based on liking Ziltoid the Omniscient even though you are not obligated, and if you find it’s worth continuing then good for you - gamer comedy “One Second Ghost” on album “NESferatu” by the Gothsicles.
https://youtu.be/1IFPNtc--LI?si=UqD07oBaKThy5CJH
A hatchling with insect eyes coming out of an egg. 3XiDjku.pngxORoftk.png
@CosmicHurricane for my 2nd may I claim Phineas and Ferb: Across the 1st and 2nd Dimensions? I didn’t see checkbox but just checking.
@CosmicHurricane for my 2nd may I claim Phineas and Ferb: Across the 1st and 2nd Dimensions? I didn’t see checkbox but just checking.
A hatchling with insect eyes coming out of an egg. 3XiDjku.pngxORoftk.png
@Wayword Coyote Stories was really good background music for playing Stardew valley this evening. The vocals on this are stunning! The Crane Wives have been in my periphery for a while but every time I would try to get into it (I think I've listened to Foxlore a couple times?) it didn't hit.

The first few songs blended together a lot for me, with Hard Sell being the first track to actually draw me in to pay attention with the guitars. Overall I like the second half a lot more than the first. The Hand That Feeds has such a build up which I really like!!

Sleeping Giants is probably my favourite song on the album. I love the bass!!! It reminds me of Tiger Army.

And oh wow Never Love an Anchor... Once I realized what she was saying I just had to look up the lyrics. That song is masterfully written.

Thanks for the reccomendation! Got a couple new green checkmarks (saved songs on spotufy) to revisit.

@Wayword Coyote Stories was really good background music for playing Stardew valley this evening. The vocals on this are stunning! The Crane Wives have been in my periphery for a while but every time I would try to get into it (I think I've listened to Foxlore a couple times?) it didn't hit.

The first few songs blended together a lot for me, with Hard Sell being the first track to actually draw me in to pay attention with the guitars. Overall I like the second half a lot more than the first. The Hand That Feeds has such a build up which I really like!!

Sleeping Giants is probably my favourite song on the album. I love the bass!!! It reminds me of Tiger Army.

And oh wow Never Love an Anchor... Once I realized what she was saying I just had to look up the lyrics. That song is masterfully written.

Thanks for the reccomendation! Got a couple new green checkmarks (saved songs on spotufy) to revisit.

HzlT6uO.gif

she/her
water dom org
dom stats '23
@arosaceae Ok here's my review of The Felt:

It overall gave me flashbacks to when I was in orchestra lol. Some of the songs felt very classical, and others felt more Homestucky. Definitely something to listen to in the background, not quite my taste but also not a bad experience!

Jade Dragon: Kind of gives me Pokemon Mystery Dungeon vibes? Like you're entering into a new world of unknowns.

Swing of the Clock: Sounds like one of those songs I would listen to when I was younger, that's like "Most Adventurous Music" or something like that XD I like this one! The drop goes hard.

Humphrey's Lullaby: Very different sound than the first couple of songs. Sounds like a Golden Sun dungeon, I do like it!

Chartreuse Rewind: Ooh this one sounds very nice! I like the flute in the beginning. Very refreshing sound in comparison to the others. And then there's the build and drop toward the end!

The Broken Clock: This one really reminded me of orchestra with the wood block sounds! Another adventurous sounding one.

Apocryphal Antithesis: I think this is my favorite, it has such an eerie sound and the build in the middle sounds electronic like Tron. Very cool.

Trails: Another orchestra flashback, all the pizzicato those poor musicians XD Very very orchestral love it.

Scratch's Lament: Cool cello (I think) solo!

Scratch: Ok organ music wow that's a vibe

Omelette Sandwich: ooh those synthetic strings cutting in and out?! jump scared LOL the rhythms here sounds a lot like homestuck

Time Paradox: Things are coming to an end, you can tell. Apocalyptic, frantic feel, reminds me of Castle Oblivion music.

English: THIS this sounds like boss music. Favorite or second favorite. I like it a lot!

Variations has a part that has a beat/drums to it and that sounds fantastic.

Thanks for the rec!
@arosaceae Ok here's my review of The Felt:

It overall gave me flashbacks to when I was in orchestra lol. Some of the songs felt very classical, and others felt more Homestucky. Definitely something to listen to in the background, not quite my taste but also not a bad experience!

Jade Dragon: Kind of gives me Pokemon Mystery Dungeon vibes? Like you're entering into a new world of unknowns.

Swing of the Clock: Sounds like one of those songs I would listen to when I was younger, that's like "Most Adventurous Music" or something like that XD I like this one! The drop goes hard.

Humphrey's Lullaby: Very different sound than the first couple of songs. Sounds like a Golden Sun dungeon, I do like it!

Chartreuse Rewind: Ooh this one sounds very nice! I like the flute in the beginning. Very refreshing sound in comparison to the others. And then there's the build and drop toward the end!

The Broken Clock: This one really reminded me of orchestra with the wood block sounds! Another adventurous sounding one.

Apocryphal Antithesis: I think this is my favorite, it has such an eerie sound and the build in the middle sounds electronic like Tron. Very cool.

Trails: Another orchestra flashback, all the pizzicato those poor musicians XD Very very orchestral love it.

Scratch's Lament: Cool cello (I think) solo!

Scratch: Ok organ music wow that's a vibe

Omelette Sandwich: ooh those synthetic strings cutting in and out?! jump scared LOL the rhythms here sounds a lot like homestuck

Time Paradox: Things are coming to an end, you can tell. Apocalyptic, frantic feel, reminds me of Castle Oblivion music.

English: THIS this sounds like boss music. Favorite or second favorite. I like it a lot!

Variations has a part that has a beat/drums to it and that sounds fantastic.

Thanks for the rec!
TntJeP6.png M7v69JN.png
@vulturereyy

Album: Spirit's Furnace by The Bones of JR Jones

First Thoughts: I was not expecting the way it immediately struck me as reminiscent of Amigo the Devil. I adore this sort of teary-eyed sounding sorrow and drawn-out notes in songs, especially when it's backed by something high energy.

I listened to the album occasionally throughout the week to get a feel for how I liked the sound, then looked up the lyrics on this last listen.

Final Thoughts: Although it's not quite to my tastes, mostly the latter half of the album, it's a good listen.

13 Kinds is so close to several artists/albums I adore that it's hard to be surprised it's one of my favorite songs out of the album. I also like the lyrics quite a bit, it captures a certain kind of sorrow that I appreciate seeing.

Hammers and Nails has such a strong sound, that it's hard not to get swept up in the energy!

Bless Your Soul is something to behold for the imagery it evokes in those lyrics alone.

Overall I'm glad I picked the album, I can always use more folk rock in my playlist, and this is no exception! Thank you for the recommendation ^^
@vulturereyy

Album: Spirit's Furnace by The Bones of JR Jones

First Thoughts: I was not expecting the way it immediately struck me as reminiscent of Amigo the Devil. I adore this sort of teary-eyed sounding sorrow and drawn-out notes in songs, especially when it's backed by something high energy.

I listened to the album occasionally throughout the week to get a feel for how I liked the sound, then looked up the lyrics on this last listen.

Final Thoughts: Although it's not quite to my tastes, mostly the latter half of the album, it's a good listen.

13 Kinds is so close to several artists/albums I adore that it's hard to be surprised it's one of my favorite songs out of the album. I also like the lyrics quite a bit, it captures a certain kind of sorrow that I appreciate seeing.

Hammers and Nails has such a strong sound, that it's hard not to get swept up in the energy!

Bless Your Soul is something to behold for the imagery it evokes in those lyrics alone.

Overall I'm glad I picked the album, I can always use more folk rock in my playlist, and this is no exception! Thank you for the recommendation ^^
====== Wayword/Wander
He/They/It
Flight Rising +2
8Tc4Dzt.png
iW7O9Ef.png YbKpooC.png
Flexible-divider-end-cap.pngBZCmJj6.pngFlexible-divider-end-cap.png
gPwtjqg.png
======
@Sushispider1212
....and i was so excited to hear new music, that i almost forgot that i would have to like. give my thoughts on it. i dont exactly have a ton of thoughts when listening to new music, mostly just "this is banging" or "ooh sounds!" but uh. we'll see what we can do here. im also not great at like. analyzing lyrics or whatever, so this is mostly just gonna be based off of sounds and vibeyness lol. but i will say now that i did enjoy all of these songs so if i dont say much about one, just know that i was probably just no thoughts head empty vibing.

worried about ray – i like the way this guy says “truth be told, the truth be told” fun rhythm. wow this guy goes for some high notes.

worst case scenario - this is one of two songs ive listened to from this album before. i found it via this cool animation and its a banger tbh. i found it like right when i started my first job, so that was interesting lol. i definitely felt like i would be happier instead if i stayed in bed some days. such a fun song though. very energetic. big fan of the "oh oh"s.

run rabbit run - ooh i like the drums here. oh this DEFINITELY fits one of my daydream storylines this is awesome. i love the repeating "dont look back". big fan of this one, mostly because the daydreaming to it is gonna go CRAZY lmao.

goodbye mr a - fun start lol. been watching star trek: the original series recently-ish, so of course this song reminds me of spock lmao. i think the crew is nicer to him than this though. well maybe bones would sing this to him lol. actually wait on second thought this also kinda sounds like an autistic persons worst fear "yeah youre too analytical and say what you think the problem is without much tact and also dont seem to be able to intuit other peoples feelings so we all hate you now." maybe thats not quite right but thats kinda the vibe im getting lol.

a sadness runs through him - this is the other song that ive listened to before, but it took me actually looking at the tracklist and realizing the name was familiar to realize it. had to spend awhile racking my brain trying to figure out where i heard it before though, but eventually figured out that it was an old dsmp animatic by an artist i like, although it seems to have been unlisted/deleted. (which. understandable considering. dream smp.) it is a very good song, and i can definitely see the animatic potential in it lol. i like how like. wobbly? it sounds when he sings "a sadness runs through him" throOoOuUuUgh hiIiIiIiIiIimmm. (sorry lol)

clinging on for life - some sort of chiming, crystal sounding sound? whatever it is i like it. nice calmer acoustic song. hmm maybe i should stop doing stuff like this in the dead of night.... (calm song = eepy) nice song though.

cops and robbers - :catJAM: okaaaayyyy dang! this is vibey as heck! OH THAT BIT OF SYNTH. (<-likes synth) this is definitely one that i am getting up and dancing to later dang. i am straight JAMMING to this!

everything goes dark - ooh sounds in the right ear. i like them. oh thats how we're singing the word dark? i like it lmao. this has some cool vibes tbh. i like the buildup at the end.

killer - ok 1 second in and we are slaying. bass <3. oh that chorus is GOOD. oh sounds! the instrumental has little sounds alternating in the left and right ears i like it. this song kinda slays tbh.

the trick to life - ah the trick we were promised. hm. i think i agree with the general sentiment? like dont be so careful that you dont live your life? but i would probably not phrase it like that. life philosophy aside, VERY fun song. definitely one that i will sing very loudly once i learn the lyrics to it lol. "dont let your life pass you by cause youre too attached to it" yeah i definitely agree with the idea, i just think "dont get too attached to life" is not my preferred way of phrasing that lol.

money to be made - another calm acoustic one. havent been mentioning it since the first time but MAN this guy goes for some high notes.

the feeling you get when - ooh sounds! oh nice piano. interesting song tbh. lots of instrumental, sounds really cool though. and more computer sounds at the end nice.

good album! has some really fun songs in it, i think my favorites (besides the ones ive listened to before) are cops and robbers, killer, and the trick to life. bangers honestly. im definitely gonna be listening to a lot of these over and over for the next few days. thanks for the rec! :D
@Sushispider1212
....and i was so excited to hear new music, that i almost forgot that i would have to like. give my thoughts on it. i dont exactly have a ton of thoughts when listening to new music, mostly just "this is banging" or "ooh sounds!" but uh. we'll see what we can do here. im also not great at like. analyzing lyrics or whatever, so this is mostly just gonna be based off of sounds and vibeyness lol. but i will say now that i did enjoy all of these songs so if i dont say much about one, just know that i was probably just no thoughts head empty vibing.

worried about ray – i like the way this guy says “truth be told, the truth be told” fun rhythm. wow this guy goes for some high notes.

worst case scenario - this is one of two songs ive listened to from this album before. i found it via this cool animation and its a banger tbh. i found it like right when i started my first job, so that was interesting lol. i definitely felt like i would be happier instead if i stayed in bed some days. such a fun song though. very energetic. big fan of the "oh oh"s.

run rabbit run - ooh i like the drums here. oh this DEFINITELY fits one of my daydream storylines this is awesome. i love the repeating "dont look back". big fan of this one, mostly because the daydreaming to it is gonna go CRAZY lmao.

goodbye mr a - fun start lol. been watching star trek: the original series recently-ish, so of course this song reminds me of spock lmao. i think the crew is nicer to him than this though. well maybe bones would sing this to him lol. actually wait on second thought this also kinda sounds like an autistic persons worst fear "yeah youre too analytical and say what you think the problem is without much tact and also dont seem to be able to intuit other peoples feelings so we all hate you now." maybe thats not quite right but thats kinda the vibe im getting lol.

a sadness runs through him - this is the other song that ive listened to before, but it took me actually looking at the tracklist and realizing the name was familiar to realize it. had to spend awhile racking my brain trying to figure out where i heard it before though, but eventually figured out that it was an old dsmp animatic by an artist i like, although it seems to have been unlisted/deleted. (which. understandable considering. dream smp.) it is a very good song, and i can definitely see the animatic potential in it lol. i like how like. wobbly? it sounds when he sings "a sadness runs through him" throOoOuUuUgh hiIiIiIiIiIimmm. (sorry lol)

clinging on for life - some sort of chiming, crystal sounding sound? whatever it is i like it. nice calmer acoustic song. hmm maybe i should stop doing stuff like this in the dead of night.... (calm song = eepy) nice song though.

cops and robbers - :catJAM: okaaaayyyy dang! this is vibey as heck! OH THAT BIT OF SYNTH. (<-likes synth) this is definitely one that i am getting up and dancing to later dang. i am straight JAMMING to this!

everything goes dark - ooh sounds in the right ear. i like them. oh thats how we're singing the word dark? i like it lmao. this has some cool vibes tbh. i like the buildup at the end.

killer - ok 1 second in and we are slaying. bass <3. oh that chorus is GOOD. oh sounds! the instrumental has little sounds alternating in the left and right ears i like it. this song kinda slays tbh.

the trick to life - ah the trick we were promised. hm. i think i agree with the general sentiment? like dont be so careful that you dont live your life? but i would probably not phrase it like that. life philosophy aside, VERY fun song. definitely one that i will sing very loudly once i learn the lyrics to it lol. "dont let your life pass you by cause youre too attached to it" yeah i definitely agree with the idea, i just think "dont get too attached to life" is not my preferred way of phrasing that lol.

money to be made - another calm acoustic one. havent been mentioning it since the first time but MAN this guy goes for some high notes.

the feeling you get when - ooh sounds! oh nice piano. interesting song tbh. lots of instrumental, sounds really cool though. and more computer sounds at the end nice.

good album! has some really fun songs in it, i think my favorites (besides the ones ive listened to before) are cops and robbers, killer, and the trick to life. bangers honestly. im definitely gonna be listening to a lot of these over and over for the next few days. thanks for the rec! :D
qxoPK8f.png
__

Ujr5ghr.png

TdTJOrw.png

YMPbu9R.png
___
A large eyed creature with headphones. Raindbow coloured musical notes hover all around it.
@CosmicHurricane Hi! May I claim USS - New World Alphabet from MerlinMaussi as my second album? I definitely have heard one song from the album that I like, but never properly checked it out so going to take my chance to do that now :)
@CosmicHurricane Hi! May I claim USS - New World Alphabet from MerlinMaussi as my second album? I definitely have heard one song from the album that I like, but never properly checked it out so going to take my chance to do that now :)
79026279_w2VMGEmYzwnnL1n.png
@wayword I'm so glad you enjoyed, even partially!! If you love a more sorrowful sound, I'd highly recommend their album Dark Was the Yearling, and the sing Saint James' bed. In any case, I'm just glad someone else listened to my underrated fave :)
@wayword I'm so glad you enjoyed, even partially!! If you love a more sorrowful sound, I'd highly recommend their album Dark Was the Yearling, and the sing Saint James' bed. In any case, I'm just glad someone else listened to my underrated fave :)
Arcane Bounty Hunter
Any Pronoun (Orange)Butch (Sapphic flag)Queer (Queer flag)
ArcaniteLore ClanArtist
@nerdmom @theultimateowl Yes to both!
(If anyone's waiting for my confirmation: if you've asked to listen to an album and I haven't responded within 24 hours, you can just listen to it lol)
@nerdmom @theultimateowl Yes to both!
(If anyone's waiting for my confirmation: if you've asked to listen to an album and I haven't responded within 24 hours, you can just listen to it lol)
Accent: Crocodile Friend!! Buy 'Accent:
Crocodile Friend!!'
here!
cVPo4yi.png
o9yS1eq.png
r8v91MH.png
8GgdVkW.png
njCJq66.png
bYt72YT.png
A badge of a sturgeon gardener for Water's Aqua Garden push in 2024. Art by Dovalore A badge of a Sewer Toridae with a tiger lily flower crown on its head. Obtained through a WaterDom grab bag event for LEAP 2024. Art by FirozTaverbi
@SnowmanBlood @moonthegoon I listened to IGOR! I quite liked it! It was a strange album, but strange in a way that I like for the most part. It was nice to step outside my comfort zone, but it was nonetheless satisfying in the couple of instances when a guitar came in. :P My favorite song is definitely I THINK! It's so groovy!! I think italian Ratings: [img]https://images2.imgbox.com/f1/62/YyOvMIHZ_o.png[/img] The first rating at the bottom is the statistical average (sans the transition lol), while the second rating is my rating of the album overall.
@SnowmanBlood @moonthegoon I listened to IGOR!
I quite liked it! It was a strange album, but strange in a way that I like for the most part. It was nice to step outside my comfort zone, but it was nonetheless satisfying in the couple of instances when a guitar came in. :P
My favorite song is definitely I THINK! It's so groovy!! I think italian
Ratings:
YyOvMIHZ_o.png
The first rating at the bottom is the statistical average (sans the transition lol), while the second rating is my rating of the album overall.
Accent: Crocodile Friend!! Buy 'Accent:
Crocodile Friend!!'
here!
cVPo4yi.png
o9yS1eq.png
r8v91MH.png
8GgdVkW.png
njCJq66.png
bYt72YT.png
A badge of a sturgeon gardener for Water's Aqua Garden push in 2024. Art by Dovalore A badge of a Sewer Toridae with a tiger lily flower crown on its head. Obtained through a WaterDom grab bag event for LEAP 2024. Art by FirozTaverbi
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 24 25