Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Wanderers' Way - a pinkerlocke attempt
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26
[center][b][u]Day Twenty-Nine: New Face[/u][/b] [item=Petalmane Floron] [i]New Dragon[/i] RNG - 6: Tundra "This is Ripplestream," Mercy says, shepherding a young Tundra male into the cavern and settling him near Strient. "He's been separated from his family due to the storm last night, and we're going to look after him." Mercy is the matriarch of the clan, and doesn't need to say much further: Ripplestream is staying because he doesn't have anywhere else to go, but [i]he[/i] doesn't need to know that. Strient thinks he knows anyway; there's something about him that suggests he sees more than you might think. But he soon finds a small corner for himself, out from under the feet of the Earthborn and off his fellow Wanderers, settling in tp watch the goings-on with interested eyes.[/center]
Day Twenty-Nine: New Face

Petalmane Floron
New Dragon
RNG - 6: Tundra

"This is Ripplestream," Mercy says, shepherding a young Tundra male into the cavern and settling him near Strient. "He's been separated from his family due to the storm last night, and we're going to look after him."

Mercy is the matriarch of the clan, and doesn't need to say much further: Ripplestream is staying because he doesn't have anywhere else to go, but he doesn't need to know that. Strient thinks he knows anyway; there's something about him that suggests he sees more than you might think. But he soon finds a small corner for himself, out from under the feet of the Earthborn and off his fellow Wanderers, settling in tp watch the goings-on with interested eyes.
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day Thirty: Gadgets and Gizmos Galore[/u][/b] [item=Ringmaster's Bellwhip] [i]Artwork[/i] [art pending][/center]
Day Thirty: Gadgets and Gizmos Galore

Ringmaster's Bellwhip
Artwork

[art pending]
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day Thirty-One: Back to Work[/u][/b] [item=Barbed Tail] [i]20-30 matches[/i] [u]Aidziam's Journal[/u] Ruffy, Maroon and I reached the edges of explored territory today. I feel like maybe we can go further, but there's a strong smell of smoke ahead of us, and even Ruffy was reticent about heading forward when she smelt it. We'll have to go forward again soon, but for today a small venture seems best. [u]Notable Items[/u] [item=Friend Hedgehog][item=Sakura Owl] *Ruffy and Maroon are now level 7*[/center]
Day Thirty-One: Back to Work

Barbed Tail
20-30 matches

Aidziam's Journal
Ruffy, Maroon and I reached the edges of explored territory today. I feel like maybe we can go further, but there's a strong smell of smoke ahead of us, and even Ruffy was reticent about heading forward when she smelt it. We'll have to go forward again soon, but for today a small venture seems best.

Notable Items
Friend Hedgehog Sakura Owl

*Ruffy and Maroon are now level 7*
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day Thirty-Two: No Brooding For You[/u][/b] [item=Sweetheart Lace Anklet] [i]Breed two dragons[/i] -queued Aidziam and Ripplestream for 14th September 2023-[/center]
Day Thirty-Two: No Brooding For You

Sweetheart Lace Anklet
Breed two dragons

-queued Aidziam and Ripplestream for 14th September 2023-
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day Thirty-Three: New Horizons?[/u][/b] [item=Spore Spreader Moth] [i]20-30 matches[/i] [u]Aidziam's Journal[/u] The smell of smoke we noticed before was due to a steadily smouldering forest fire. It didn't seem to be spreading, but it was still steadily burning away. The creatures here don't hit as hard as we do, but they're a lot quicker than creatures we've met previously, and there were a couple of close calls with creatures hitting Ruffy harder than expected. Maroon did well with her healing skills and the potions we have access to, and I feel a little stronger than I did this morning. [u]Notable items[/u] [item=Minor Health Potion][item=Diseased Might Fragment][item=Scratch] *Aidziam, Maroon and Ruffy are now level 8*[/center]
Day Thirty-Three: New Horizons?

Spore Spreader Moth
20-30 matches

Aidziam's Journal
The smell of smoke we noticed before was due to a steadily smouldering forest fire. It didn't seem to be spreading, but it was still steadily burning away. The creatures here don't hit as hard as we do, but they're a lot quicker than creatures we've met previously, and there were a couple of close calls with creatures hitting Ruffy harder than expected. Maroon did well with her healing skills and the potions we have access to, and I feel a little stronger than I did this morning.

Notable items
Minor Health Potion Diseased Might Fragment Scratch

*Aidziam, Maroon and Ruffy are now level 8*
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day Thirty-Four: Established Route[/u][/b] [item=Juneflower] [i]10-20 matches[/i] [u]Aidziam's Journal[/u] The thick stench of smoke seems to cling to me as I write. But the three of us - Ruffy, Maroon and I - have grown accustomed to the heat and the smoke, and worked well together to clear another path through the soot. It took plenty of healing potions, but we came through it okay. [u]Notable items[/u] [item=Minor Health Potion] *Aidziam is now level 9*[/center]
Day Thirty-Four: Established Route

Juneflower
10-20 matches

Aidziam's Journal
The thick stench of smoke seems to cling to me as I write. But the three of us - Ruffy, Maroon and I - have grown accustomed to the heat and the smoke, and worked well together to clear another path through the soot. It took plenty of healing potions, but we came through it okay.

Notable items
Minor Health Potion

*Aidziam is now level 9*
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day Thirty-Five: Imprints[/u][/b] [item=Woodoon Tail] [i]Writing[/i] Ripplestream pauses to look around as he creeps up to the small hollow that Strient says has been empty for a long time. He knows this place was Tunneler's, although he doesn't know who Tunneler was. They never met. But Ripplestream can see faint imprints of the small Fae dragon through out the Wanderers' cavern, and is careful not to mention it to Ruffy, not since the Plagueborn Mirror snapped at him a couple of days back for sniffing around. She's not here right now - he doesn't think he'd dare do this if she were - so he quietly steps up to the hollow where Tunneler slept, leaving a small stick of incense burning in front of it. Aidziam notices when she looks up from the map, but just nods as Ripplestream half-smiles and turns back to his own little den. By the time Ruffy returns, the insence is all but gone.[/center]
Day Thirty-Five: Imprints

Woodoon Tail
Writing

Ripplestream pauses to look around as he creeps up to the small hollow that Strient says has been empty for a long time. He knows this place was Tunneler's, although he doesn't know who Tunneler was. They never met. But Ripplestream can see faint imprints of the small Fae dragon through out the Wanderers' cavern, and is careful not to mention it to Ruffy, not since the Plagueborn Mirror snapped at him a couple of days back for sniffing around.

She's not here right now - he doesn't think he'd dare do this if she were - so he quietly steps up to the hollow where Tunneler slept, leaving a small stick of incense burning in front of it. Aidziam notices when she looks up from the map, but just nods as Ripplestream half-smiles and turns back to his own little den. By the time Ruffy returns, the insence is all but gone.
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day Thirty-Six: Excitement in the Ranks[/u][/b] [item=Crackled Scales] [i]Writing[/i] [u]Aidziam's Journal[/u] The Grind Team told the whole clan that there's a new area of discovery to be explored on Sorneith, and they gifted the youngest clan member, Monroe, a familiar to prove it. They say it's too dangerous for us Wanderers to go to right now, but their Guardian Earthborn gave me an appraising look and said I should be able to manage it soon. Ruffy and Maroon aren't too far behind me, so we should be able to visit there soon.[/center]
Day Thirty-Six: Excitement in the Ranks

Crackled Scales
Writing

Aidziam's Journal
The Grind Team told the whole clan that there's a new area of discovery to be explored on Sorneith, and they gifted the youngest clan member, Monroe, a familiar to prove it. They say it's too dangerous for us Wanderers to go to right now, but their Guardian Earthborn gave me an appraising look and said I should be able to manage it soon. Ruffy and Maroon aren't too far behind me, so we should be able to visit there soon.
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day Thirty-Seven: Another New Face[/u][/b] [item=Dunewind Manticore] [i]New Dragon[/i] RNG: 3 - Mirror Nobody is quite sure where the Arcaneborn Mirror actually came from, but it was quite clear that he was a Wanderer when he boisterously bounced over to the map on the wall and says "This looks cool. Can I help?" He's an odd looking thing, that's without a doubt, but very clear about what he wants to do, so the Wanderers eventually shrug and welcome him in, asking his name. "Oh, I'm Iayu," he says as Ripplestream gently leads him away from Tunneler's spot. "Nice to meet you all."[/center]
Day Thirty-Seven: Another New Face

Dunewind Manticore
New Dragon
RNG: 3 - Mirror

Nobody is quite sure where the Arcaneborn Mirror actually came from, but it was quite clear that he was a Wanderer when he boisterously bounced over to the map on the wall and says "This looks cool. Can I help?"

He's an odd looking thing, that's without a doubt, but very clear about what he wants to do, so the Wanderers eventually shrug and welcome him in, asking his name.

"Oh, I'm Iayu," he says as Ripplestream gently leads him away from Tunneler's spot. "Nice to meet you all."
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day Thirty-Eight: Hierarchy of Equals[/u][/b] [item=Terra Shell] [i]Writing[/i] Like Ripplestream, Iayu seems to realise that Tunneler's spot isn't his without having to be told. Unlike the Waterborn tundra, though, the Arcaneborn mirror is happy to take up residence in close proximity to the former Wanderer's spot. He holds his head stead when Ruffy starts to complain, and the Plagueborn seems somewhat impressed; none of the other Wanderers have ever actually stood up to her before. Placated, sure, but not held their own. As she stalks out of the cavern to hunt, Iayu takes a deep, shuddering breath before settling into his spot - not [i]quite[/i] Tunneler's, but close to it - and chatters with his familiar, his nerves almost overcoming his mirror urges to be the winner in battle.[/center]
Day Thirty-Eight: Hierarchy of Equals

Terra Shell
Writing

Like Ripplestream, Iayu seems to realise that Tunneler's spot isn't his without having to be told. Unlike the Waterborn tundra, though, the Arcaneborn mirror is happy to take up residence in close proximity to the former Wanderer's spot. He holds his head stead when Ruffy starts to complain, and the Plagueborn seems somewhat impressed; none of the other Wanderers have ever actually stood up to her before. Placated, sure, but not held their own. As she stalks out of the cavern to hunt, Iayu takes a deep, shuddering breath before settling into his spot - not quite Tunneler's, but close to it - and chatters with his familiar, his nerves almost overcoming his mirror urges to be the winner in battle.
iiaMf9J.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26