Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Ylli's Star Quests Returns for FF 2023
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 79 80
@Jeevas <3 Your message just now also inspired me to edit in a reminder about why I provided extra days to complete tasks in my event after BSJ is over.

Please just try to breathe with me, we can get through this and have fun ;D (also thank you for helping to make BSJ 2023 an event to remember!)

If you do end up needing or wanting your free pass please still remember to officially claim it attached to the specific day with a link to the event you're helping out with, my memory is really that bad lol. Which is nothing you need to decide on during BSJ. You can wait until the wrap up days after BSJ is over.
@Jeevas <3 Your message just now also inspired me to edit in a reminder about why I provided extra days to complete tasks in my event after BSJ is over.

Please just try to breathe with me, we can get through this and have fun ;D (also thank you for helping to make BSJ 2023 an event to remember!)

If you do end up needing or wanting your free pass please still remember to officially claim it attached to the specific day with a link to the event you're helping out with, my memory is really that bad lol. Which is nothing you need to decide on during BSJ. You can wait until the wrap up days after BSJ is over.
pixie-pronouns-2-2.png* * *Saronai made so many star badges and you liked them all! Thank you! Please keep them linked to Ylli's collection thread for others to find.* * * * * * * *Diem's Daily Dragons
Oh thank goodness. Thank you. I was just mentioning to some friends how the difficulty of participating in this event seemed to skyrocket, from liking other people's dragons to now having to click through and search through multiple pages in order to participate. I don't have the irl time to do so and was ready to pass on the rest of the event because of it. This extra credit day will bring me back. I look forward to more details on it. Thank you for being a great thread host!!!!!!
Oh thank goodness. Thank you. I was just mentioning to some friends how the difficulty of participating in this event seemed to skyrocket, from liking other people's dragons to now having to click through and search through multiple pages in order to participate. I don't have the irl time to do so and was ready to pass on the rest of the event because of it. This extra credit day will bring me back. I look forward to more details on it. Thank you for being a great thread host!!!!!!
MreCscM.png
[center][size=7]Wednesday’s Quest[/size][/center] [b]Total Stars Lit:[/b] 238 [b]Dragon Share Games Participated in:[/b] <replace the first xxx with the url of the dragon share game you chose and the second xxx with that thread’s name. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3251071/41#post_54495754]Theme Week: Brightshine Jubilee![/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3173295/87#post_54495776]Let's make a Dragon Rainbow[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3079044/231#post_54495815]Dragon wing uno![/url] [b]List of Event Participant(s) Visited:[/b] Mercedeschan, skittlepup1, Rosoidela, Islet [b]Favourite dragon today:[/b] @skittlepup1 [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86219745][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/862198/86219745_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Compliment:[/b] I'm a sucker for triple basics and progens' kids eheh and the artist satchel is v v cute on faes - pairs perfectly with its cabbie hat! I also like the scry you have for it! Big love for dragons who just want to draw and not be disturbed <3
Wednesday’s Quest

Total Stars Lit: 238

Dragon Share Games Participated in: <replace the first xxx with the url of the dragon share game you chose and the second xxx with that thread’s name.
Theme Week: Brightshine Jubilee!
Let's make a Dragon Rainbow
Dragon wing uno!

List of Event Participant(s) Visited: Mercedeschan, skittlepup1, Rosoidela, Islet

Favourite dragon today: @skittlepup1
86219745_350.png

Compliment: I'm a sucker for triple basics and progens' kids eheh and the artist satchel is v v cute on faes - pairs perfectly with its cabbie hat! I also like the scry you have for it! Big love for dragons who just want to draw and not be disturbed <3
DRAGONS !
@mgcltwo <3

(the following is just me feeling chatty)

The free day tomorrow was already planned (though the extra credit element is new) and those were the two daily quests I was uncertain about to begin with. So I at least had that much forethought to build in a breather lol.

I do apologize again for not realizing how much of an understandable pain the last two days were gonna be for others. Fortunately they were the only two dailies like that planned anyway (so I don't have to wrack my brain to replace the rest, which hopefully should go back to being easier). The points brought up against them are 100% valid though and frustration was the last thing I wanted to cause <3

Future festivals might see a single dialed back version (like visit and share ONE game), but there will still be free passes for event runners, and extra credit days built in to bypass it.

To be honest I'm shaking my head at myself wondering why I ever thought three was reasonable to begin with lol. Here I am like, not everyone gives out at least 100 stars every other day, so make sure the star count isn't too high for people first joining in (or people who have already handed out thousands of stars like me and might find newly lit stars a challenge lol), 15 doesn't seem too bad, definitely under what I give in one visit to a single lair otherwise.

Then I picked up the idiot ball on the work involved going to other games lol. TLDR I very much see your point on how the difficulty absolutely "skyrocketed" and with my neurodivergent brain I should've realized how much extra I was really asking. Fortunately, two of my redeeming qualities are flexibility and empathic understanding of things brought to my attention.

Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize that last part helps makes for a good thread host who just made a few mistakes ;D

Also thank you for not giving up on the event to the point you missed out on the self-corrective efforts to loop you back in <3
@mgcltwo <3

(the following is just me feeling chatty)

The free day tomorrow was already planned (though the extra credit element is new) and those were the two daily quests I was uncertain about to begin with. So I at least had that much forethought to build in a breather lol.

I do apologize again for not realizing how much of an understandable pain the last two days were gonna be for others. Fortunately they were the only two dailies like that planned anyway (so I don't have to wrack my brain to replace the rest, which hopefully should go back to being easier). The points brought up against them are 100% valid though and frustration was the last thing I wanted to cause <3

Future festivals might see a single dialed back version (like visit and share ONE game), but there will still be free passes for event runners, and extra credit days built in to bypass it.

To be honest I'm shaking my head at myself wondering why I ever thought three was reasonable to begin with lol. Here I am like, not everyone gives out at least 100 stars every other day, so make sure the star count isn't too high for people first joining in (or people who have already handed out thousands of stars like me and might find newly lit stars a challenge lol), 15 doesn't seem too bad, definitely under what I give in one visit to a single lair otherwise.

Then I picked up the idiot ball on the work involved going to other games lol. TLDR I very much see your point on how the difficulty absolutely "skyrocketed" and with my neurodivergent brain I should've realized how much extra I was really asking. Fortunately, two of my redeeming qualities are flexibility and empathic understanding of things brought to my attention.

Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize that last part helps makes for a good thread host who just made a few mistakes ;D

Also thank you for not giving up on the event to the point you missed out on the self-corrective efforts to loop you back in <3
pixie-pronouns-2-2.png* * *Saronai made so many star badges and you liked them all! Thank you! Please keep them linked to Ylli's collection thread for others to find.* * * * * * * *Diem's Daily Dragons
@Saronai Sorry if this was stated somewhere and I just didn't process it correctly / missed it, but am I able to go back and do the tasks for days I missed, or does each task only count for the day it was posted? Thanks!
@Saronai Sorry if this was stated somewhere and I just didn't process it correctly / missed it, but am I able to go back and do the tasks for days I missed, or does each task only count for the day it was posted? Thanks!
PSojku2.gifG9XvqXb.gifbWUZhOx.gif4IOVVSW.gifSGoOc5w.gif
@xenonentity no worries, there are a lot of words to process.

I've made this event so that you can post each daily any time you finish it for full credit. All that matters is that they're posted before rollover on July 5th. You can also do them out of order if you want to save missed days for the catch up period. The catchup period being the days between the final daily on Saturday, and that following Wednesday (July 5th).

Also creating a post "shell" is allowed too - a reserve spot for that day to fill in as you have time. I check these flagged unfinished posts in the spreadsheet daily and comment on what still needs to be done, so your edited additions won't be missed.

TLDR yes, you can post each daily for full credit at any time before roll over on July 5th <3
@xenonentity no worries, there are a lot of words to process.

I've made this event so that you can post each daily any time you finish it for full credit. All that matters is that they're posted before rollover on July 5th. You can also do them out of order if you want to save missed days for the catch up period. The catchup period being the days between the final daily on Saturday, and that following Wednesday (July 5th).

Also creating a post "shell" is allowed too - a reserve spot for that day to fill in as you have time. I check these flagged unfinished posts in the spreadsheet daily and comment on what still needs to be done, so your edited additions won't be missed.

TLDR yes, you can post each daily for full credit at any time before roll over on July 5th <3
@Saronai Thank you for the clarification! I figured as such but was a bit unsure. Hoping to get caught up on the tasks soon!! [quote="@CosmicHurricane"][b]Compliment:[/b] Omg it's like Xylocopa was Made for that accent!! He's so cute with it, and the new beekeeper's apparel only does him good. What a friend-shaped dragon :>[/quote] Ahhh thank you so much!! Funny enough, the original version of that skin was for another species, and I'd mentioned to the artist that I'd love to see a Spiral M version - so in a way, it [i]was[/i] made for him, haha. The new beekeeper stuff is so good for him and his mate, I was so excited when I saw that Also, omg, so excited to see Xenon reach 100 likes, thank you for booping her and for letting me know <3 [quote name="@Kothra" date="2023-06-25 21:39:34" ] [b]Compliment:[/b] @xenonentity I love Glade! She is two of my favorite colors and I love her custom bio and art! [/quote] Thank you so much!! She's one of my favorites, since she's a G1 / Nature version of the first dragon I ever got here outside of my progens, and is one of the leaders of my clans. I'm glad you like her!! [quote name="@BirbDude" date="2023-06-26 06:09:27" ] [b]Compliment:[/b] It's usually freakishly difficult for me to match genes from different gene pairs but you managed to get the perfect colours and gene them perfectly and then name it perfectly and then dress it perfectly?! The dark... well, wisteria purple, contrasts super nicely with the pale yellow. Good job!! ^_^ [/quote] Thank you!! I bought her already having Pinstripe, but her colors just went together so perfectly, and Points had just come out, so I couldn't resist!! I love Antique Pinstripe's purple accents so much, it's such a nice pairing of colors [quote name="@Golden" date="2023-06-26 11:45:16" ] [b]Compliment:[/b] Love this girl with her uncomplicated and tasteful outfit. She could easily be a glass artisan, and she has the perfect companion. Her artwork is lovely also! [/quote] Thank you for the lovely compliment on Xenon - she's my pride and joy. I could definitely see her being a glass artisan, she's certainly shimmery enough! <3 [quote name="@Kaoss" date="2023-06-27 12:01:54" ] [b]Compliment:[/b] I've always liked the word/name Xenon so that was what initially attracted me to this dragon. I love the way the silks are layered on her wings so they make a new unique pastel colour that matches her own colours perfectly. I think it's cool her offspring are also named after elements. Finally I love her whole aesthetic - the colour scheme, the hints of gold throughout her outfit, the swirling patterns of her genes and the way her pastel Ice eyes match the moons and stars on her wings. [/quote] Aaaaaa thank you so much!! It's only recently that I changed my username to xenonentity, and she was definitely part of the deciding factor. Or, more accurately, her name being Xenon and my username being xenonentity are not a coincidence. I've always had 54 as my favorite number, so with xenon being the 54th element (and thankfully also having a nice sound to it), I ended up using it when I wanted a username change recently after a long time using Noivurn everywhere. Anyway, sorry for the ramble, and thank you for the compliments!! [quote name="@wildewinged" date="2023-06-27 20:21:40" ] Drakul charmed me as soon as I saw him - he’s got a vampiric flair that’s perfect for a nocturne. The vivid reds go perfectly with those bright purples, and the combination of jewelry and sword gives him an elegant but fierce look. [/quote] Aaaa thank you so much!! He is absolutely intended to have a vampire vibe, I really loved how spooky his colors look. He was chosen as my fodder leveler partially because he's one of my favorite dragons aesthetically, and I have to see him a lot lol
@Saronai Thank you for the clarification! I figured as such but was a bit unsure. Hoping to get caught up on the tasks soon!!

Compliment: Omg it's like Xylocopa was Made for that accent!! He's so cute with it, and the new beekeeper's apparel only does him good. What a friend-shaped dragon :>

Ahhh thank you so much!! Funny enough, the original version of that skin was for another species, and I'd mentioned to the artist that I'd love to see a Spiral M version - so in a way, it was made for him, haha. The new beekeeper stuff is so good for him and his mate, I was so excited when I saw that

Also, omg, so excited to see Xenon reach 100 likes, thank you for booping her and for letting me know <3

@Kothra wrote on 2023-06-25 21:39:34:
Compliment: @xenonentity I love Glade! She is two of my favorite colors and I love her custom bio and art!

Thank you so much!! She's one of my favorites, since she's a G1 / Nature version of the first dragon I ever got here outside of my progens, and is one of the leaders of my clans. I'm glad you like her!!

@BirbDude wrote on 2023-06-26 06:09:27:
Compliment: It's usually freakishly difficult for me to match genes from different gene pairs but you managed to get the perfect colours and gene them perfectly and then name it perfectly and then dress it perfectly?! The dark... well, wisteria purple, contrasts super nicely with the pale yellow. Good job!! ^_^

Thank you!! I bought her already having Pinstripe, but her colors just went together so perfectly, and Points had just come out, so I couldn't resist!! I love Antique Pinstripe's purple accents so much, it's such a nice pairing of colors
@Golden wrote on 2023-06-26 11:45:16:
Compliment: Love this girl with her uncomplicated and tasteful outfit. She could easily be a glass artisan, and she has the perfect companion. Her artwork is lovely also!

Thank you for the lovely compliment on Xenon - she's my pride and joy. I could definitely see her being a glass artisan, she's certainly shimmery enough! <3

@Kaoss wrote on 2023-06-27 12:01:54:

Compliment: I've always liked the word/name Xenon so that was what initially attracted me to this dragon. I love the way the silks are layered on her wings so they make a new unique pastel colour that matches her own colours perfectly. I think it's cool her offspring are also named after elements. Finally I love her whole aesthetic - the colour scheme, the hints of gold throughout her outfit, the swirling patterns of her genes and the way her pastel Ice eyes match the moons and stars on her wings.

Aaaaaa thank you so much!! It's only recently that I changed my username to xenonentity, and she was definitely part of the deciding factor. Or, more accurately, her name being Xenon and my username being xenonentity are not a coincidence. I've always had 54 as my favorite number, so with xenon being the 54th element (and thankfully also having a nice sound to it), I ended up using it when I wanted a username change recently after a long time using Noivurn everywhere. Anyway, sorry for the ramble, and thank you for the compliments!!

@wildewinged wrote on 2023-06-27 20:21:40:
Drakul charmed me as soon as I saw him - he’s got a vampiric flair that’s perfect for a nocturne. The vivid reds go perfectly with those bright purples, and the combination of jewelry and sword gives him an elegant but fierce look.

Aaaa thank you so much!! He is absolutely intended to have a vampire vibe, I really loved how spooky his colors look. He was chosen as my fodder leveler partially because he's one of my favorite dragons aesthetically, and I have to see him a lot lol
PSojku2.gifG9XvqXb.gifbWUZhOx.gif4IOVVSW.gifSGoOc5w.gif
[center][size=7]Wednesday’s Quest[/size][/center] [b]Total Stars Lit:[/b] 345 [b]Dragon Share Games Participated in:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/1300467/1722#post_54495969]Creepiest Dragon Above You![/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/1111384/14919#post_54496002]Prettiest Dragon Above You![/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3251071/41#post_54496021]Theme Week: Brightshine Jubilee[/url] [b]List of Event Participant(s) Visited:[/b] SilentWanderer, Spookery, CaityJay, Saronai, Dekomaru [b]Favourite Dragons Today & Compliments:[/b] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67662516][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/676626/67662516_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol]I'm so charmed by @SilentWanderer’s Gilda - what a perfect blend of floral pastels! She’s beautifully balanced with delicate touches of pink, green, and white. I especially love how perfectly the innocent eyes fit her.[/columns] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/29753836][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/297539/29753836_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol]@Spookery’s Althea is so stunning - her rich browns and greens are lovely already, but they’re an even better backdrop for the delicate greens of the leaves, feathers, and smoke she’s adorned with. The little touches of pink are a perfect accent![/columns] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76313314][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/763134/76313314_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol]@CaityJay's Spica is so striking with bright, shining gold against those warm browns - gold flair gives the perfect transition between his primary and tertiary, and the touches of gold in his apparel bring it all together beautifully.[/columns] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85265572][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/852656/85265572_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol]I wondered when our delightful host might shuffle up in my random draws, and look’s like today’s the day! I knew I’d be absolutely spoiled for choice going in, but that didn’t make it any harder to pick a favorite. In the end, though, @Saronai, I had to go with Lyricestia - I saw “accidental keeper” in her bio and I completely understand how that happened. My first thought on seeing them was “[i]what[/i] are those genes,” because the blend of banana morph and sanddollar points is so flawless I was half-convinced there was a new primary that hit the wings somehow. I love how the deep darkness of those wings fades out into sunny yellow, and their apparel is the perfect complement, drawing out banana morph’s pinks and the pastel green of nature primal eyes. Soft and stunning all at once![/columns] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75186086][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/751861/75186086_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol]@Dekomaru’s Thyme caught my attention immediately - I love the dramatic framing that her accent and the flowering gladeboughs give her, making her face stand out all the more. Her pale greens and browns coordinate so well too - and of course her little snake friend is a delightful touch! [/columns]
Wednesday’s Quest

Total Stars Lit: 345

Dragon Share Games Participated in:
Creepiest Dragon Above You!
Prettiest Dragon Above You!
Theme Week: Brightshine Jubilee

List of Event Participant(s) Visited: SilentWanderer, Spookery, CaityJay, Saronai, Dekomaru

Favourite Dragons Today & Compliments:
67662516_350.png I'm so charmed by @SilentWanderer’s Gilda - what a perfect blend of floral pastels! She’s beautifully balanced with delicate touches of pink, green, and white. I especially love how perfectly the innocent eyes fit her.
29753836_350.png @Spookery’s Althea is so stunning - her rich browns and greens are lovely already, but they’re an even better backdrop for the delicate greens of the leaves, feathers, and smoke she’s adorned with. The little touches of pink are a perfect accent!
76313314_350.png @CaityJay's Spica is so striking with bright, shining gold against those warm browns - gold flair gives the perfect transition between his primary and tertiary, and the touches of gold in his apparel bring it all together beautifully.
85265572_350.png I wondered when our delightful host might shuffle up in my random draws, and look’s like today’s the day! I knew I’d be absolutely spoiled for choice going in, but that didn’t make it any harder to pick a favorite.

In the end, though, @Saronai, I had to go with Lyricestia - I saw “accidental keeper” in her bio and I completely understand how that happened. My first thought on seeing them was “what are those genes,” because the blend of banana morph and sanddollar points is so flawless I was half-convinced there was a new primary that hit the wings somehow. I love how the deep darkness of those wings fades out into sunny yellow, and their apparel is the perfect complement, drawing out banana morph’s pinks and the pastel green of nature primal eyes. Soft and stunning all at once!
75186086_350.png @Dekomaru’s Thyme caught my attention immediately - I love the dramatic framing that her accent and the flowering gladeboughs give her, making her face stand out all the more. Her pale greens and browns coordinate so well too - and of course her little snake friend is a delightful touch!
dyf3akg.png
@wildewinged [quote=wildewinged]I wondered when our delightful host might shuffle up in my random draws, and look’s like today’s the day! I knew I’d be absolutely spoiled for choice going in, but that didn’t make it any harder to pick a favorite.[/quote] Awww <3 <3 <3 got me near blushing too calling me delightful to boot. I always look forward to revisiting your beauties too! And thanks for the lovely compliment to Lyricestia too <3
@wildewinged
wildewinged wrote:
I wondered when our delightful host might shuffle up in my random draws, and look’s like today’s the day! I knew I’d be absolutely spoiled for choice going in, but that didn’t make it any harder to pick a favorite.

Awww <3 <3 <3 got me near blushing too calling me delightful to boot. I always look forward to revisiting your beauties too! And thanks for the lovely compliment to Lyricestia too <3
[center][size=7]Wednesday’s Quest[/size][/center] [b]Total Stars Lit:[/b] 2,925 [b]Dragon Share Games Participated in:[/b] <replace the first xxx with the url of the dragon share game you chose and the second xxx with that thread’s name. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/1383331/3641#post_54496663]Steal a Gen1![/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3004852/510#post_54496690]Color Uno![/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3079044/232]Dragon wing uno![/url] [b]List of Event Participant(s) Visited:[/b] players on page 7 (Potatoad, Luunai, Beezarre, Ackie, Draconequis, alyblaith, Doozie) [b]Favourite dragon today:[/b] @Luunai [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/940846][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/9409/940846_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Compliment:[/b] Fai would fit with the aesthetic of my own Light themed clan so he caught my eye. His broadcast message ("The real tragedy of life is being afraid of the light") made me stop to ponder it's meaning. Like other dragons in your lair, I love the layout and how much art there is. I love how the threat of hidden darkness plays well with his Shadow Basic tert. Additional shoutout to @Draconequis [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/42089981][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/420900/42089981_350.png[/img][/url] I got the reference, lol. I love Zim's bio quotes being adapted for FR.
Wednesday’s Quest

Total Stars Lit: 2,925

Dragon Share Games Participated in: <replace the first xxx with the url of the dragon share game you chose and the second xxx with that thread’s name.
Steal a Gen1!
Color Uno!
Dragon wing uno!

List of Event Participant(s) Visited: players on page 7 (Potatoad, Luunai, Beezarre, Ackie, Draconequis, alyblaith, Doozie)

Favourite dragon today: @Luunai
940846_350.png

Compliment: Fai would fit with the aesthetic of my own Light themed clan so he caught my eye. His broadcast message ("The real tragedy of life is being afraid of the light") made me stop to ponder it's meaning. Like other dragons in your lair, I love the layout and how much art there is. I love how the threat of hidden darkness plays well with his Shadow Basic tert.

Additional shoutout to @Draconequis
42089981_350.png
I got the reference, lol. I love Zim's bio quotes being adapted for FR.
LIo8D8G.gif NiMHBVV.png
Pixel made by user TokiToki
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 79 80