Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Chasing Immortality
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 96 97
@pancakeswithabs [emoji=skydancer sad size=2]
@pancakeswithabs

b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Back again and catching up on the latest chapters! Also, thank you so much for allowing me to pre-claim Capriccio! Juuust need to figure out how Zarzuela gets to my lair lore-wise first. x3 Day 65: Mail Day! I always love learning more about the characters' families -- I think seeing these interactions goes a long way towards explaining their personalities and backstories! Love the Auras as well; it seems like we're getting a lot of fireworks with these two! Plenty of history between them, whooo~ [emoji=auraboa star] Day 66: The Weight of a Life I was ready to feel sorry for Alexandrite all over again. So glad Gourd turned out to be a friend instead! OH. [emoji=guardian scared] Holy moly, I did not expect Zarzuela to go out like that. Ugh, that's tragic. Killed by one of her own kids. ;___;
Back again and catching up on the latest chapters! Also, thank you so much for allowing me to pre-claim Capriccio! Juuust need to figure out how Zarzuela gets to my lair lore-wise first. x3

Day 65: Mail Day!
I always love learning more about the characters' families -- I think seeing these interactions goes a long way towards explaining their personalities and backstories!
Love the Auras as well; it seems like we're getting a lot of fireworks with these two! Plenty of history between them, whooo~

Day 66: The Weight of a Life
I was ready to feel sorry for Alexandrite all over again. So glad Gourd turned out to be a friend instead!
OH. Holy moly, I did not expect Zarzuela to go out like that. Ugh, that's tragic. Killed by one of her own kids. ;___;
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

Mail Days are so special to me for that reason, I really get to dig into family/day-to-day life and those relationships. And yes, these auraboas are going to be very interesting to explore indeed...

Yeah, Alexandrite has not had it easy.
And I'm still so sad about the fact that Zarzuela died...
@Disillusionist

Mail Days are so special to me for that reason, I really get to dig into family/day-to-day life and those relationships. And yes, these auraboas are going to be very interesting to explore indeed...

Yeah, Alexandrite has not had it easy.
And I'm still so sad about the fact that Zarzuela died...
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3244658/81#post_55719005]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 67: Twas the Night Before Nocturne[/u][/b] [item=silver steampunk wings] Sentence: Breed a Dragon[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87480626][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=87480626&skin=0&apparel=1708,1548,18817,334,442,493,750&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87480623][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=87480623&skin=0&apparel=38285,662,38290,2502,6267,2463&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] It had been a quiet evening. Winterguard was settled in her own tent and ran a small bakery. She didn’t charge anything, treasure was pointless among many of The Disciples. Everything was traded in favours. Winterguard was putting some finishing touches on some gingerbread cookies she was making for the next day, when her peace was disrupted by a loud, familiar wail. Winterguard put down her piping bag and rushed over to an emotionally distraught Stripey. So many tears were running down her face that much of her face was damp. Her sobs were loud, staccatoed by gasps of breath in. Something terrible had happened, and Winterguard immediately surrounded her with her significantly larger body in attempts to comfort her and calm her down. Once she was holding Stripey tight, she began to stroke down her back with her tail. “I’ve got you,” Winterguard murmured over and over, until her breathing slowed. “What happened?” “It’s Silver.” Stripey sobbed, beginning to cry harder again as she spoke. “I wanted to tell them that we have had another nest, so I went to find them, and then I saw them and Octavia, and-” The tundra could not finish her sentence, as her crying had become too intense to speak again. Winterguard’s heart sank. She had a feeling the two had been [i]involve[/i] with one another, the similarities in Obsidian as she had grown up were striking, but she hadn’t had enough solid evidence to break Stripey’s heart. It seemed her suspicions had been confirmed, however. Silver had once again cheated on Stripey, as she knew they would. “How many eggs?” Winterguard asked gently. “Two,” Stripey sniffed. “Well, if you want, you can move in here with them. I’ll help you raise them. You never have to see that lying, cheating fae again,” Winterguard tried to keep the venom out of her voice when speaking of Silver, but she was not as successful as she would like. “Really?” Stripey looked up at Winterguard with large, sad eyes, and Winterguard felt her insides melt. “Yeah, of course, that’s what best friends are for, right?” Winterguard said softly. She was trying not to get too excited. Raising children was nothing like dating. But still, she couldn’t help but feel, as awful of circumstances were, she was going to get a taste of what she has been wanting for so long. “Thank you, you do so much for me, Winterguard. And I’ve been an awful friend to you,” Stripey said, leaning into Winterguard and sighing. She looked tired. “Once you’ve settled, I’ll go get your eggs and bring them here. And then I’ll make some hot chocolate, and you can have some of the cookies I’ve made, and I’m going to look after you until you are alright again, and Silver will not set a foot in here.” Winterguard said. “I like the sound of that,” Stripey murmured, and she closed her eyes. Before Winterguard knew it, she had fallen asleep. Getting the eggs would have to wait. Right now, she just wanted to stay here, holding Stripey tight and safe and forget the rest of the world. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/9a138c26554e324936484ade5021b573/280633acce0f81d9-f0/s540x810/4749c14343af35096e06119b885d7bc79977c4c5.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/26684600][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=26684600&skin=0&apparel=31965,391,31588,429,10962,386,423&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Capriccio was pulled out of his concentration by the sound of voices down the hall. He was confused, one voice was clearly Myca’s. The other was unfamiliar. It did not sound like Shui of Klassia, and Myca never got any other visitors. He put down his tools. His project could wait, it was still a year off from the next challenge. Silently, he made his way towards the voices, trying not to be heard. Myca indeed was talking to a dragon he did not recognize, though where skin still sat on xir skeletal form, the pattern looked familiar. Was this one of his children? What was xi doing here? Capriccio didn’t want any of his family anywhere [i]near[/i] Myca and her machinations. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86370682][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=86370682&skin=46246&apparel=10967,31983&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90121193][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=90121193&skin=47487&apparel=37385,37394,16234,37374,37365,50503&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] “You did well, Scallop. You completed the job with ease. I welcome you to the team, we shall begin your apprenticeship tomorrow,” Myca grinned, shaking Scallop’s hand. “It was a little more sloppy than I would like, but my family never understood my concoctions anyways,” Scallop shrugged. “And now that Zarzuela is dead, perhaps your father will be a little more obedient in his own apprenticeship,” Myca added. “Your poisons will add such a flair to our creations.” Capriccio’s breath caught in his chest. Zarzuela dead? It couldn’t be. Too worried to care if the other two dragons saw him, he raced back to the corner he had made into his lab and opened the mirror that showed Zarzuela. Sure enough, he saw her body lying there, family members gathered around it. He would never see her again, and he felt a hatred for Myca burn stronger than he had ever felt. He did not know what he would do once this apprenticeship was over, but he would do everything in his power to get back at Myca for taking his love away from him. “I’m looking forward to working with you, father,” Scallop’s voice sounded behind him. He could hear the smirk in xir voice. And Capriccio was suddenly away, in some twisted way, that Zarzuela’s death was his fault, because the one who carried out the deed came to be during one of their secret meetings, and he knew he would never forgive himself. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/9a138c26554e324936484ade5021b573/280633acce0f81d9-f0/s540x810/4749c14343af35096e06119b885d7bc79977c4c5.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90872136][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=90872136&skin=0&apparel=12897,47037,17928,21845&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/89040829][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=144&bodygene=128&breed=21&element=2&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=101&tertgene=114&winggene=128&wings=113&auth=1d541d6042753024bb74126bbde215c54d6fabc1&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] The two dragons had found each other, against all odds. What were the chances that two “chosen ones” would stumble across each other. Jubilee did not believe in fate, or at least they tried not to, but even this seemed a bit much. Nevertheless, Jubilee was glad to find a friend, especially one who knew the weight of expectation they carried on their shoulders. Even if his status as a “chosen one” was invented by his parents, from what he had said, meant to fulfill some purpose of the cult in which he was raised. Jubilee’s fate seemed much more… woven. They were a water dragon, and even if the bubbles had stopped, the importance of prophecy was stressed upon them from birth. And when a wise old dragon told them they fit the description of a prophecy speaking of a dragon who was going to save the world from unimaginable evil, Jubilee knew it was real. It was just not something they ever wanted for themselves. So they ran, and in their running, they found a friend in Armageddon, and the two began to run together. And that was how they found themselves in the Scarred Wasteland, because what were the chances that fate would find them here? This seemed so far away from any big cosmic machinations that Jubilee knew of. Or so they thought. A part of them couldn’t ignore the fact that it felt like they were being pulled along by a string, as if every footstep was predetermined, and they did not know how to get themselves off the path. They were only able to stop once they reached a small group of camps clustered too closely together to be separate clans, but far enough apart to be distinct. The scent of food was on the wind, causing Jubilee’s stomach to growl, and Jubilee followed it. They had a feeling they would be here for a long time, and if they were going to settle anywhere in these camps, they wanted to be somewhere with good food. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/9a138c26554e324936484ade5021b573/280633acce0f81d9-f0/s540x810/4749c14343af35096e06119b885d7bc79977c4c5.png[/img][/center] [center][i]Twas the Night before Nocturne And all through the land Future gods deeply slumbered Grasped in fate’s hand. But something deep stirred Drawn in by the power Shadows, Tricksters and Fey Drew closer each hour. For what fun is power If not toys to play And the long-lasting night Will bring death with each day.[/i][/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3244658/83#post_55760563]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@pinglist-3016[/center] ----- The scenes in this are a bit scrambled time-wise. Most of them happen on the Eve of Night of the Nocturne, but the Capriccio one happens pretty soon after the last chapter. (really, it should have been joined onto that one, but it was long enough as it was). I'm so excited for Night of the Nocturne tomorrow, and I can't wait to see what shape this clan is in after the training push... Jubilee and Armageddon will be the last dragons from my queue introduced until after NOTN. I'll still add NOTN hatches, any nests that are put on, and perhaps specific Christmas gift dragons, but the rest will be introduced to help shape whatever the story looks like after we've lost as many as we loose this season.

Day 67: Twas the Night Before Nocturne
Silver Steampunk Wings
Sentence: Breed a Dragon

dragon?did=87480626&skin=0&apparel=1708,1548,18817,334,442,493,750&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=87480623&skin=0&apparel=38285,662,38290,2502,6267,2463&xt=dressing.png

It had been a quiet evening. Winterguard was settled in her own tent and ran a small bakery. She didn’t charge anything, treasure was pointless among many of The Disciples. Everything was traded in favours. Winterguard was putting some finishing touches on some gingerbread cookies she was making for the next day, when her peace was disrupted by a loud, familiar wail.

Winterguard put down her piping bag and rushed over to an emotionally distraught Stripey. So many tears were running down her face that much of her face was damp. Her sobs were loud, staccatoed by gasps of breath in. Something terrible had happened, and Winterguard immediately surrounded her with her significantly larger body in attempts to comfort her and calm her down. Once she was holding Stripey tight, she began to stroke down her back with her tail.

“I’ve got you,” Winterguard murmured over and over, until her breathing slowed. “What happened?”

“It’s Silver.” Stripey sobbed, beginning to cry harder again as she spoke. “I wanted to tell them that we have had another nest, so I went to find them, and then I saw them and Octavia, and-” The tundra could not finish her sentence, as her crying had become too intense to speak again.

Winterguard’s heart sank. She had a feeling the two had been involve with one another, the similarities in Obsidian as she had grown up were striking, but she hadn’t had enough solid evidence to break Stripey’s heart. It seemed her suspicions had been confirmed, however. Silver had once again cheated on Stripey, as she knew they would.

“How many eggs?” Winterguard asked gently.

“Two,” Stripey sniffed.

“Well, if you want, you can move in here with them. I’ll help you raise them. You never have to see that lying, cheating fae again,” Winterguard tried to keep the venom out of her voice when speaking of Silver, but she was not as successful as she would like.

“Really?” Stripey looked up at Winterguard with large, sad eyes, and Winterguard felt her insides melt.

“Yeah, of course, that’s what best friends are for, right?” Winterguard said softly. She was trying not to get too excited. Raising children was nothing like dating. But still, she couldn’t help but feel, as awful of circumstances were, she was going to get a taste of what she has been wanting for so long.

“Thank you, you do so much for me, Winterguard. And I’ve been an awful friend to you,” Stripey said, leaning into Winterguard and sighing. She looked tired.

“Once you’ve settled, I’ll go get your eggs and bring them here. And then I’ll make some hot chocolate, and you can have some of the cookies I’ve made, and I’m going to look after you until you are alright again, and Silver will not set a foot in here.” Winterguard said.

“I like the sound of that,” Stripey murmured, and she closed her eyes. Before Winterguard knew it, she had fallen asleep.

Getting the eggs would have to wait. Right now, she just wanted to stay here, holding Stripey tight and safe and forget the rest of the world.

4749c14343af35096e06119b885d7bc79977c4c5.png

dragon?did=26684600&skin=0&apparel=31965,391,31588,429,10962,386,423&xt=dressing.png

Capriccio was pulled out of his concentration by the sound of voices down the hall. He was confused, one voice was clearly Myca’s. The other was unfamiliar. It did not sound like Shui of Klassia, and Myca never got any other visitors.

He put down his tools. His project could wait, it was still a year off from the next challenge. Silently, he made his way towards the voices, trying not to be heard. Myca indeed was talking to a dragon he did not recognize, though where skin still sat on xir skeletal form, the pattern looked familiar. Was this one of his children? What was xi doing here? Capriccio didn’t want any of his family anywhere near Myca and her machinations.
dragon?did=86370682&skin=46246&apparel=10967,31983&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=90121193&skin=47487&apparel=37385,37394,16234,37374,37365,50503&xt=dressing.png

“You did well, Scallop. You completed the job with ease. I welcome you to the team, we shall begin your apprenticeship tomorrow,” Myca grinned, shaking Scallop’s hand.

“It was a little more sloppy than I would like, but my family never understood my concoctions anyways,” Scallop shrugged.

“And now that Zarzuela is dead, perhaps your father will be a little more obedient in his own apprenticeship,” Myca added. “Your poisons will add such a flair to our creations.”

Capriccio’s breath caught in his chest. Zarzuela dead? It couldn’t be. Too worried to care if the other two dragons saw him, he raced back to the corner he had made into his lab and opened the mirror that showed Zarzuela. Sure enough, he saw her body lying there, family members gathered around it. He would never see her again, and he felt a hatred for Myca burn stronger than he had ever felt. He did not know what he would do once this apprenticeship was over, but he would do everything in his power to get back at Myca for taking his love away from him.

“I’m looking forward to working with you, father,” Scallop’s voice sounded behind him. He could hear the smirk in xir voice.

And Capriccio was suddenly away, in some twisted way, that Zarzuela’s death was his fault, because the one who carried out the deed came to be during one of their secret meetings, and he knew he would never forgive himself.

dragon?did=90872136&skin=0&apparel=12897,47037,17928,21845&xt=dressing.png
dragon?age=1&body=144&bodygene=128&breed=21&element=2&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=101&tertgene=114&winggene=128&wings=113&auth=1d541d6042753024bb74126bbde215c54d6fabc1&dummyext=prev.png

The two dragons had found each other, against all odds. What were the chances that two “chosen ones” would stumble across each other. Jubilee did not believe in fate, or at least they tried not to, but even this seemed a bit much.

Nevertheless, Jubilee was glad to find a friend, especially one who knew the weight of expectation they carried on their shoulders. Even if his status as a “chosen one” was invented by his parents, from what he had said, meant to fulfill some purpose of the cult in which he was raised.

Jubilee’s fate seemed much more… woven. They were a water dragon, and even if the bubbles had stopped, the importance of prophecy was stressed upon them from birth. And when a wise old dragon told them they fit the description of a prophecy speaking of a dragon who was going to save the world from unimaginable evil, Jubilee knew it was real.

It was just not something they ever wanted for themselves.

So they ran, and in their running, they found a friend in Armageddon, and the two began to run together. And that was how they found themselves in the Scarred Wasteland, because what were the chances that fate would find them here? This seemed so far away from any big cosmic machinations that Jubilee knew of.

Or so they thought. A part of them couldn’t ignore the fact that it felt like they were being pulled along by a string, as if every footstep was predetermined, and they did not know how to get themselves off the path.

They were only able to stop once they reached a small group of camps clustered too closely together to be separate clans, but far enough apart to be distinct. The scent of food was on the wind, causing Jubilee’s stomach to growl, and Jubilee followed it. They had a feeling they would be here for a long time, and if they were going to settle anywhere in these camps, they wanted to be somewhere with good food.

Twas the Night before Nocturne
And all through the land
Future gods deeply slumbered
Grasped in fate’s hand.

But something deep stirred
Drawn in by the power
Shadows, Tricksters and Fey
Drew closer each hour.

For what fun is power
If not toys to play
And the long-lasting night
Will bring death with each day.

The scenes in this are a bit scrambled time-wise. Most of them happen on the Eve of Night of the Nocturne, but the Capriccio one happens pretty soon after the last chapter. (really, it should have been joined onto that one, but it was long enough as it was).

I'm so excited for Night of the Nocturne tomorrow, and I can't wait to see what shape this clan is in after the training push...

Jubilee and Armageddon will be the last dragons from my queue introduced until after NOTN. I'll still add NOTN hatches, any nests that are put on, and perhaps specific Christmas gift dragons, but the rest will be introduced to help shape whatever the story looks like after we've lost as many as we loose this season.
HEARTBREAK ALL AROUND AAA, we get no breaks from tragedy around this parts! And more coming based off that ominous ending oh boy, I can feel it's going to get intense. Very interested in Jubilee though :0 their prophecy adds even more to the ominous mood.
HEARTBREAK ALL AROUND AAA, we get no breaks from tragedy around this parts! And more coming based off that ominous ending oh boy, I can feel it's going to get intense. Very interested in Jubilee though :0 their prophecy adds even more to the ominous mood.
unEaUkh.png - She/they/xe
- Tales of Eotera (Lore Thread)
9fbec014932d0afc30da6fd2c36bc2ad26496952.png
*shakes fist* SILVEEEEEEEERRR
Seriously, he's like a mini-Shui at this point with how manipulative he's getting.

And ouch, Capriccio ;____; He's going to need some time to realize it wasn't his fault.
*shakes fist* SILVEEEEEEEERRR
Seriously, he's like a mini-Shui at this point with how manipulative he's getting.

And ouch, Capriccio ;____; He's going to need some time to realize it wasn't his fault.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Oooooh man. I hope Winterguard doesn't get herself hurt again.
And y i k e s I KNEW Myca was involved! I mean, at least Capriccio wasn't waiting around clueless :(.
Ah, and two new faces! Will be interesting to see how their stories unfold...
Oooooh man. I hope Winterguard doesn't get herself hurt again.
And y i k e s I KNEW Myca was involved! I mean, at least Capriccio wasn't waiting around clueless :(.
Ah, and two new faces! Will be interesting to see how their stories unfold...
@Lixue

Yeah, I did realize my plans for NOTN are very dissonant with the tone of the season. It's going to be a rough next couple weeks for the locke unless I am incredibly lucky. I'll try to make it more cheery and peaceful in January to make up for it.

@Disillusionist

Silver has turned out to be way more of jerk than I ever intended, but I think he will fit well with Octavia and Atlas in the direction that they are going XD

Yeah, that realization is going to take some time and healing.

@Sabariel

Yeah, this is all setting Winterguard up for heartbreak again possibly, depending on how things go.

I figured it was better that he know sooner, even if it is a heartbreaking scene.

I'm excited too! And it should be fun!
@Lixue

Yeah, I did realize my plans for NOTN are very dissonant with the tone of the season. It's going to be a rough next couple weeks for the locke unless I am incredibly lucky. I'll try to make it more cheery and peaceful in January to make up for it.

@Disillusionist

Silver has turned out to be way more of jerk than I ever intended, but I think he will fit well with Octavia and Atlas in the direction that they are going XD

Yeah, that realization is going to take some time and healing.

@Sabariel

Yeah, this is all setting Winterguard up for heartbreak again possibly, depending on how things go.

I figured it was better that he know sooner, even if it is a heartbreaking scene.

I'm excited too! And it should be fun!
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3244658/83#post_55737626]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 68: I'll Be Home for Christmas[/u][/b] [item=jade peacock] Sentece: 40-50 Coli Battles[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88132688][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=88132688&skin=0&apparel=47896,47497,10878&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Aesc was the first to be aware of the new visitors. It helped that the shadow flight basically existed on the edge of dreams, and the feywild even moreso. He took great pleasure in watching the mimics and tricksters pour in, ready to create all sorts of shenanigans and nightmares. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77939802][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/779399/77939802_350.png[/img][/url][/center] It was Aesc who saw the first of the circus arrive. The Ringmaster. Aesc nodded at him as he went past. Aesc grinned. He had heard stories of The Starviel Circus, and the horrors they brought with them wherever they went. This was going to be some great inspiration for his nightmares. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/9a138c26554e324936484ade5021b573/280633acce0f81d9-f0/s540x810/4749c14343af35096e06119b885d7bc79977c4c5.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87480626][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=87480626&skin=0&apparel=1708,1548,18817,334,442,493,750&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87480623][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=87480623&skin=0&apparel=38285,662,38290,2502,6267,2463&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] The darkness of Night of the Nocturne had settled over the clan, bringing with it a full month without daylight. The Disciples burned through so many candles and oil, and the light dragons used an immense amount of magic. The only dragons who did not have any trouble seeing were the shadow dragons, who could see in the dark as if it were daylight. It was on one of these nights - or days, it was hard to tell time anymore - that Winterguard and Stripey huddled around the nest. The eggs were moving, they were hatching. Stripey had been a little teary through the whole thing, the thought of doing this without Silver still scared her, Winterguard knew. But she was doing everything she could to show Stripey that she would support the family. She would be an aunt - or a mom - if Stripey wanted. It was not long before the first of the nest entered the world, breaking through her shell and spilling out. Stripey picked her up and immediately began to clean the egg gunk off of her, and pulled back in surprise upon making contact. “What is it?” Winterguard asked, leaning in to take a closer look. It was hard to see the child in the dim candlelight. “She’s a nocturne! I swear Silver is the father, I never-” Stripey held out the hatching to Winterguard. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91406460][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=150&bodygene=2&breed=11&element=2&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=177&tertgene=5&winggene=16&wings=127&auth=60fa523397552169506c82cb235fb343c6c50d5d&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] Winterguard regarded the hatchling closer. Stripey was right. She was indeed a nocturne. “It must be something to do with the magic of Night of the Nocturne,” Winterguard said. “Magic is strange this year.” “That must be it,” Stripey sighed, pulling her daughter close and cleaning her off. “I’m going to name her Chardonnay. Even if Silver isn’t around to raise her, she deserves to know how fancy her heritage is.” Winterguard bit her tongue to stop herself from pointing out that Silver was a scoundrel who didn’t deserve the title of fancy. She knew Stripey had to go through her own processes in coming to terms with what Silver did. She could only hope that Stripey wouldn’t go back to her. But for now, none of that mattered. For now, there was a new child, soon joined by a sibling that would, in the future, be stolen away to the wastes to fend for themselves. For now, Winterguard could dream of building a family with Stripey, and maybe, just maybe, it would become reality. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/9a138c26554e324936484ade5021b573/280633acce0f81d9-f0/s540x810/4749c14343af35096e06119b885d7bc79977c4c5.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88665303][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=61&bodygene=184&breed=18&element=11&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=5&tertgene=196&winggene=52&wings=104&auth=37b1a888cdab51908d1783e0cd9780578fc80cf7&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] Stoker felt so far from the gods. It was understandable, all things considered. The Eleven’s magic was significantly weaker during Night of the Nocturne. But Stoker had felt disconnected from the gods for quite some time. Once, they felt like perfection. Once, they were a masterpiece of the Flamecaller. But Stoker didn’t feel that way anymore, not since they had been changed, not since they spilled their first blood. And they had spilled so much blood since then. Their coven was excited about Night of the Nocturne. The cover of darkness, the chaos of magic, made for great hunting grounds. And Stoker joined in on them. How could they not? They would never be holy again. They could never show their face to their mother again. So instead, Stoker devoted themself to the leader of their coven. Grimm had great plans, and if he achieved them and became god of the vampires, maybe Stoker would feel like themselves again. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/9a138c26554e324936484ade5021b573/280633acce0f81d9-f0/s540x810/4749c14343af35096e06119b885d7bc79977c4c5.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87121424][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=75&bodygene=135&breed=21&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=124&tertgene=170&winggene=114&wings=65&auth=318d46c8e8770d3966df6347004a56aff0d479bc&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] Ever since Shingle’s death, Taper had been avoiding the Lightweaver. He was angry at her, her rules and regulations, the time that was stolen from him and the dragon he loved because he was so afraid of breaking his oath to his mother. He wanted nothing more than to fall from grace, discard his angel status, and become just a normal mortal dragon. But try as he might, it never happened. Maybe his kindness towards his daughters stopped him. But even if he never fell, he knew he would never go back. Or at least, that was the plan. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/8][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/1/8_350.png[/img][/url][/center] She stood before him now, looking at him with sad eyes. “My angel, I am so sorry this happened to you, you were never meant to go through this pain,” She sighed. “Do not worry, I’ve come to take you home.” “No,” Taper said, backing away. He hit the side of the tent, so he coiled up upon himself to get himself further from her. “No, I have a life here.” “I told you not to get distracted for a reason. I told you making these sorts of [i]connections[/i] would only bring you pain. Immortal angels can never love mortals without loss and heartbreak. And now you’ve fallen so far from my light. I have come to bring you back home, so you can heal and become refocused on your oath to me,” The Lightweaver said, holding out a hand for Taper to crawl upon. “No. I have a family here. I have my daughters. I don’t want to be your servant anymore, I don’t care if that makes me mortal, if I fall from the light of your grace and lose your gifts. I don’t regret loving Shingle, I only regret not letting myself love him sooner,” Taper spat. “I’m not coming with you.” “My angel, look at how lost you have become. All the more reason to bring you home, to remind you of the purpose I built you for,” The Lightweaver murmured, sadly and softly. She leaned down and scooped up Taper, despite his efforts to escape. And then, she spread her wings and flew back towards the Beacon of the Radiant Eye, arriving there in just a few wingbeats, and there was nothing Taper could do to stop her. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/9a138c26554e324936484ade5021b573/280633acce0f81d9-f0/s540x810/4749c14343af35096e06119b885d7bc79977c4c5.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87377085][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=87377085&skin=0&apparel=42698,30848,30822,30828,27205,30076,20835&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] “Pyrrah, I-” Aerial began, pushing through the fabric of the tent that divided Pyrrah’s room from the rest of the tent. “Oh, I didn’t realize you were busy, I am so sorry.” [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86541443][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=86541443&skin=0&apparel=776,41114,32044&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87377086][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=87377086&skin=47109&apparel=15701,15718,15695,3681,3698&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Missy looked up from where she was on top of Pyrrah, something indiscernible in her eyes. Pain. Victory. And there was something red on her face. This wasn’t right. If this was a moment of intimacy- No. It couldn’t be. “Pyrrah was becoming a [i]distraction[/i],” Missy hissed, leaping off of the body of Pyrrah and crawling towards Aerial, neck and joints twisting at odd, unnatural angles. “I am a demon, destined to become a god, and she was alluring, seductive, a trick to pull me from my path. So I had to get rid of her.” Aerial could swear there was sadness, grief, regret flashing in her eyes, but they were overtaken by this mad glee Missy was expressing. “And now you’ve stumbled on my little crime scene, and I can’t have any witnesses.” Missy said, and then she leaped forward, mouth unnaturally far open. Shadows appeared behind her, twisting and turning into all sorts of demonic shapes. And Aerial knew no more. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/9a138c26554e324936484ade5021b573/280633acce0f81d9-f0/s540x810/4749c14343af35096e06119b885d7bc79977c4c5.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87034327][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=87034327&skin=0&apparel=23119,23723,23121,23120,23123,23122,23118,38288&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] “Oh!” Shinya exclaimed as she wandered into the library she and Lyrate had been building. It appeared some new volumes had been added. There was a stack of green tomes nicely on her desk, right next to her journals. Curious, Shiny picked one up and examined the spine. It didn’t seem to have a title anywhere on the cover, which was unnatural for a book. Perhaps the inside would have answers. She cracked open the book to find many, many teeth. The book snarled, and attacked. Shinya put up quite the fight, but once the first book began, the rest of the stack also sprang to life and attacked. It was like being swarmed by a school of piranhas. She did not stand a chance. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87377087][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=87377087&skin=0&apparel=49005,49010,42693,40428,22700,22410&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] When Lyrate entered the library later to check up to deliver a volume of a freshly finished romance novel, she was surprised to find Shinya was not there. The only trace she could find was a couple of feathers on the ground. The green stack of “books” was gone, having been well fed for the night. Perhaps they would return for more prey another day. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3244658/85#post_55821606]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@pinglist-3016[/center] ----- I thought it would be fun to do the name of Christmas songs for the NOTN chapters, even if Christmas isn't canon in my lore. The NOTN training push has begun! I got everyone to level 5, no losses or incidents (I stuck in the training fields). My next push is to get everyone to level 7. I started doing it exclusively in the Woodland Path, but after losing 4 dragons in quick succession (Taper, Shinya, Pyrrah and Lyrate) I changed my technique to doing up to level 6 in the Training Fields, and then get them to level 7 in the Woodland Path. It's still risky, I still may lose dragons, but I won't lose nearly as many. I don't know how the other venues will go, and I want to minimize losses as much as possible while levelling up as fast as I can because I only have the 2 weeks. Also, I decided it would be fun to make Chardonnay a nocturne! I haven't gotten a noc scroll yet to use on her, but when I do (which I'm sure will be only a matter of time with how many chests I am bringing in from the training), she will be a noc! She also doesn't have lore yet, but I'll do that at some point when I'm not so obsessed with the coli and training. Hopefully before she grows up, but I can't make promises. It was hard enough to stop in the coli to write this chapter lol. Also, if anyone has any plague or arcane might fragments laying around you aren't using I would love to buy them from you, I've run out of them and there are not many on the AH right now, I am worried about my ability to keep up and everyone needs a second might fragment at level 7. [b]Taper, Shinya, Pyrrah and Aerial are up for grabs and available until 23:59 FR Time on Wednesday December 20th, first come first serve. Let me know![/b] Also, Chardonnay's sibling will be up for grabs until next week, also first come first serve! [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91406461][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/914065/91406461_350.png[/img][/url][/center]

Day 68: I'll Be Home for Christmas
Jade Peacock
Sentece: 40-50 Coli Battles

dragon?did=88132688&skin=0&apparel=47896,47497,10878&xt=dressing.png

Aesc was the first to be aware of the new visitors. It helped that the shadow flight basically existed on the edge of dreams, and the feywild even moreso. He took great pleasure in watching the mimics and tricksters pour in, ready to create all sorts of shenanigans and nightmares.
77939802_350.png

It was Aesc who saw the first of the circus arrive. The Ringmaster. Aesc nodded at him as he went past. Aesc grinned. He had heard stories of The Starviel Circus, and the horrors they brought with them wherever they went.

This was going to be some great inspiration for his nightmares.

dragon?did=87480626&skin=0&apparel=1708,1548,18817,334,442,493,750&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=87480623&skin=0&apparel=38285,662,38290,2502,6267,2463&xt=dressing.png

The darkness of Night of the Nocturne had settled over the clan, bringing with it a full month without daylight. The Disciples burned through so many candles and oil, and the light dragons used an immense amount of magic. The only dragons who did not have any trouble seeing were the shadow dragons, who could see in the dark as if it were daylight.

It was on one of these nights - or days, it was hard to tell time anymore - that Winterguard and Stripey huddled around the nest. The eggs were moving, they were hatching.

Stripey had been a little teary through the whole thing, the thought of doing this without Silver still scared her, Winterguard knew. But she was doing everything she could to show Stripey that she would support the family. She would be an aunt - or a mom - if Stripey wanted.

It was not long before the first of the nest entered the world, breaking through her shell and spilling out. Stripey picked her up and immediately began to clean the egg gunk off of her, and pulled back in surprise upon making contact.

“What is it?” Winterguard asked, leaning in to take a closer look. It was hard to see the child in the dim candlelight.

“She’s a nocturne! I swear Silver is the father, I never-” Stripey held out the hatching to Winterguard.
dragon?age=0&body=150&bodygene=2&breed=11&element=2&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=177&tertgene=5&winggene=16&wings=127&auth=60fa523397552169506c82cb235fb343c6c50d5d&dummyext=prev.png

Winterguard regarded the hatchling closer. Stripey was right. She was indeed a nocturne.

“It must be something to do with the magic of Night of the Nocturne,” Winterguard said. “Magic is strange this year.”

“That must be it,” Stripey sighed, pulling her daughter close and cleaning her off. “I’m going to name her Chardonnay. Even if Silver isn’t around to raise her, she deserves to know how fancy her heritage is.”

Winterguard bit her tongue to stop herself from pointing out that Silver was a scoundrel who didn’t deserve the title of fancy. She knew Stripey had to go through her own processes in coming to terms with what Silver did. She could only hope that Stripey wouldn’t go back to her.

But for now, none of that mattered. For now, there was a new child, soon joined by a sibling that would, in the future, be stolen away to the wastes to fend for themselves. For now, Winterguard could dream of building a family with Stripey, and maybe, just maybe, it would become reality.

dragon?age=1&body=61&bodygene=184&breed=18&element=11&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=5&tertgene=196&winggene=52&wings=104&auth=37b1a888cdab51908d1783e0cd9780578fc80cf7&dummyext=prev.png

Stoker felt so far from the gods.

It was understandable, all things considered. The Eleven’s magic was significantly weaker during Night of the Nocturne. But Stoker had felt disconnected from the gods for quite some time.

Once, they felt like perfection. Once, they were a masterpiece of the Flamecaller. But Stoker didn’t feel that way anymore, not since they had been changed, not since they spilled their first blood.

And they had spilled so much blood since then.

Their coven was excited about Night of the Nocturne. The cover of darkness, the chaos of magic, made for great hunting grounds. And Stoker joined in on them. How could they not? They would never be holy again. They could never show their face to their mother again.

So instead, Stoker devoted themself to the leader of their coven. Grimm had great plans, and if he achieved them and became god of the vampires, maybe Stoker would feel like themselves again.

dragon?age=1&body=75&bodygene=135&breed=21&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=124&tertgene=170&winggene=114&wings=65&auth=318d46c8e8770d3966df6347004a56aff0d479bc&dummyext=prev.png

Ever since Shingle’s death, Taper had been avoiding the Lightweaver. He was angry at her, her rules and regulations, the time that was stolen from him and the dragon he loved because he was so afraid of breaking his oath to his mother.

He wanted nothing more than to fall from grace, discard his angel status, and become just a normal mortal dragon. But try as he might, it never happened. Maybe his kindness towards his daughters stopped him. But even if he never fell, he knew he would never go back.

Or at least, that was the plan.
8_350.png

She stood before him now, looking at him with sad eyes.

“My angel, I am so sorry this happened to you, you were never meant to go through this pain,” She sighed. “Do not worry, I’ve come to take you home.”

“No,” Taper said, backing away. He hit the side of the tent, so he coiled up upon himself to get himself further from her. “No, I have a life here.”

“I told you not to get distracted for a reason. I told you making these sorts of connections would only bring you pain. Immortal angels can never love mortals without loss and heartbreak. And now you’ve fallen so far from my light. I have come to bring you back home, so you can heal and become refocused on your oath to me,” The Lightweaver said, holding out a hand for Taper to crawl upon.

“No. I have a family here. I have my daughters. I don’t want to be your servant anymore, I don’t care if that makes me mortal, if I fall from the light of your grace and lose your gifts. I don’t regret loving Shingle, I only regret not letting myself love him sooner,” Taper spat. “I’m not coming with you.”

“My angel, look at how lost you have become. All the more reason to bring you home, to remind you of the purpose I built you for,” The Lightweaver murmured, sadly and softly. She leaned down and scooped up Taper, despite his efforts to escape.

And then, she spread her wings and flew back towards the Beacon of the Radiant Eye, arriving there in just a few wingbeats, and there was nothing Taper could do to stop her.

dragon?did=87377085&skin=0&apparel=42698,30848,30822,30828,27205,30076,20835&xt=dressing.png

“Pyrrah, I-” Aerial began, pushing through the fabric of the tent that divided Pyrrah’s room from the rest of the tent. “Oh, I didn’t realize you were busy, I am so sorry.”
dragon?did=86541443&skin=0&apparel=776,41114,32044&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=87377086&skin=47109&apparel=15701,15718,15695,3681,3698&xt=dressing.png

Missy looked up from where she was on top of Pyrrah, something indiscernible in her eyes. Pain. Victory. And there was something red on her face.

This wasn’t right. If this was a moment of intimacy-

No. It couldn’t be.

“Pyrrah was becoming a distraction,” Missy hissed, leaping off of the body of Pyrrah and crawling towards Aerial, neck and joints twisting at odd, unnatural angles. “I am a demon, destined to become a god, and she was alluring, seductive, a trick to pull me from my path. So I had to get rid of her.”

Aerial could swear there was sadness, grief, regret flashing in her eyes, but they were overtaken by this mad glee Missy was expressing.

“And now you’ve stumbled on my little crime scene, and I can’t have any witnesses.” Missy said, and then she leaped forward, mouth unnaturally far open. Shadows appeared behind her, twisting and turning into all sorts of demonic shapes.

And Aerial knew no more.

dragon?did=87034327&skin=0&apparel=23119,23723,23121,23120,23123,23122,23118,38288&xt=dressing.png

“Oh!” Shinya exclaimed as she wandered into the library she and Lyrate had been building. It appeared some new volumes had been added. There was a stack of green tomes nicely on her desk, right next to her journals.

Curious, Shiny picked one up and examined the spine. It didn’t seem to have a title anywhere on the cover, which was unnatural for a book. Perhaps the inside would have answers.

She cracked open the book to find many, many teeth. The book snarled, and attacked.

Shinya put up quite the fight, but once the first book began, the rest of the stack also sprang to life and attacked. It was like being swarmed by a school of piranhas. She did not stand a chance.
dragon?did=87377087&skin=0&apparel=49005,49010,42693,40428,22700,22410&xt=dressing.png

When Lyrate entered the library later to check up to deliver a volume of a freshly finished romance novel, she was surprised to find Shinya was not there. The only trace she could find was a couple of feathers on the ground.

The green stack of “books” was gone, having been well fed for the night. Perhaps they would return for more prey another day.

I thought it would be fun to do the name of Christmas songs for the NOTN chapters, even if Christmas isn't canon in my lore.

The NOTN training push has begun! I got everyone to level 5, no losses or incidents (I stuck in the training fields). My next push is to get everyone to level 7. I started doing it exclusively in the Woodland Path, but after losing 4 dragons in quick succession (Taper, Shinya, Pyrrah and Lyrate) I changed my technique to doing up to level 6 in the Training Fields, and then get them to level 7 in the Woodland Path. It's still risky, I still may lose dragons, but I won't lose nearly as many. I don't know how the other venues will go, and I want to minimize losses as much as possible while levelling up as fast as I can because I only have the 2 weeks.

Also, I decided it would be fun to make Chardonnay a nocturne! I haven't gotten a noc scroll yet to use on her, but when I do (which I'm sure will be only a matter of time with how many chests I am bringing in from the training), she will be a noc! She also doesn't have lore yet, but I'll do that at some point when I'm not so obsessed with the coli and training. Hopefully before she grows up, but I can't make promises. It was hard enough to stop in the coli to write this chapter lol.

Also, if anyone has any plague or arcane might fragments laying around you aren't using I would love to buy them from you, I've run out of them and there are not many on the AH right now, I am worried about my ability to keep up and everyone needs a second might fragment at level 7.

Taper, Shinya, Pyrrah and Aerial are up for grabs and available until 23:59 FR Time on Wednesday December 20th, first come first serve. Let me know!

Also, Chardonnay's sibling will be up for grabs until next week, also first come first serve!
91406461_350.png
YIKES, we're starting off strong. D: I was wondering when Missy was going to go feral... And poor Taper. And everyone really. Shinya's death by rabid books is intense!
YIKES, we're starting off strong. D: I was wondering when Missy was going to go feral... And poor Taper. And everyone really. Shinya's death by rabid books is intense!
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 96 97