Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Chasing Immortality
1 2 ... 71 72 73 74 75 ... 96 97
Silver is giving off bad vibes, whew. Curious to see where Ouro ends up! A
Oh Scallop is going to get deadly isn’t xi. Sunset coming to find Octavia makes me very curious how that dynamic will play out with the power Atlas is after… yLvafld and Yarla are sweet and wholesome, I hope they last a while. And Shinya and Lyrate’s friendship gets me wondering how Lyrate’s bio arc is gonna go… book friends, though. And a library. That’ll be fun.
Silver is giving off bad vibes, whew. Curious to see where Ouro ends up! A
Oh Scallop is going to get deadly isn’t xi. Sunset coming to find Octavia makes me very curious how that dynamic will play out with the power Atlas is after… yLvafld and Yarla are sweet and wholesome, I hope they last a while. And Shinya and Lyrate’s friendship gets me wondering how Lyrate’s bio arc is gonna go… book friends, though. And a library. That’ll be fun.

He/him | FRT+1 x
@xobrynnx Thank you! They are a fun pair for sure! @Lixue Yeah, lol. I'm trying to get all the characters in the queue introduced as soon as possible so I can finally have them to write and not just think about, so there will probably be a lot of new dragons over the next little while. This will be the biggest group probably though, with the two hatches and then the family of six! Omg I'd love to see your four wind dragons!!! Yeah, it was rough. I was bummed out all day yesterday because I lost it all, so I wanted to get it fixed as soon as possible and thankfully I had time today. @Phanerozoic Yeah, what is Silver up to there? [emoji=fae winking size=2] Scallop is going to be super deadly, and super fun!!! Oh yeah, I still need to find an unhealthy mate for Lyrate! There certainly are a lot of options, but the ones at the top of my head are currently occupied.
@xobrynnx

Thank you! They are a fun pair for sure!

@Lixue

Yeah, lol. I'm trying to get all the characters in the queue introduced as soon as possible so I can finally have them to write and not just think about, so there will probably be a lot of new dragons over the next little while. This will be the biggest group probably though, with the two hatches and then the family of six!

Omg I'd love to see your four wind dragons!!!

Yeah, it was rough. I was bummed out all day yesterday because I lost it all, so I wanted to get it fixed as soon as possible and thankfully I had time today.

@Phanerozoic

Yeah, what is Silver up to there?

Scallop is going to be super deadly, and super fun!!!

Oh yeah, I still need to find an unhealthy mate for Lyrate! There certainly are a lot of options, but the ones at the top of my head are currently occupied.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3244658/72#post_55444280]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 58: Hopelessly Devoted[/u][/b] [item=seeker brooch] Sentence: Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/89751651][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=89751651&skin=22263&apparel=23138,23136,23142,1549&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Ouro was getting tired of walking. Mizt’s teeth had sunk in deep, and it made it difficult to use his front right leg. He had been trying to surveil the other factions all day, trying to glean which one most aligned with his philosophies without drawing too much attention to himself. He wasn’t sure how much farther he could go. He hoped he would settle on a camp soon. If circumstances were different, Ouro would run far, far away from the disciples and never return, but he had participated in the Challenge of Plague, and he knew the ritual had a hold on him even now. Besides, what good would peace be if he didn’t stop the violence and horrors of everything his father was trying to do. He crept a bit closer to the camp he was approaching, hoping to get a glimpse, when suddenly his leg gave out under him, sending a shooting pain up through the bone. He let out a cry of pain as he collapsed, finding himself facedown on the pulsing ground. He was suddenly aware of heavy footsteps approaching him, and looked up to see a guardian making his way towards him. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90071356][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=90071356&skin=0&apparel=1707,26868,26869,26872&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] “Gods, are you alright? You look like death! Where is all that blood coming from?” The guardian said, eyes wide with worry. “My name is Joshe, and I am going to bring you back to the camp, I’ll make sure you get all patched up.” Ouro stared up at Joshe, feeling relief wash over him as he was met with concern and not hostility. He had never been treated so kindly before. Even Mizt, who had offered him mercy in her own way, had gone about it with a certain brutality. Ouro realized that Joshe was staring at him as if looking for a response. “What?” Ouro asked, embarrassed that he missed the question. “I asked what your name is,” Joshe said. “And what happened to you?” “Oh! I’m Ouro, and my leg is hurt. It wasn’t an attack or anything, my sister was trying to help me,” Ouro explained, looking down at his bleeding leg. “Trying to fake my death or something so my father doesn’t go looking for me.” “Sounds like quite the nasty father,” Joshe grimaced. “Yeah, my dad is Shui,” Ouro explained sheepishly. He winced internally, he probably should not have said that. He prepared himself to be thrown out to the wastes to survive on his own merit. The other factions probably did not think too kindly of Shui. “Oh deities, I’m glad you got out,” Joshe empathized. “Don’t worry, we’ve helped children of Shui get out before. Well, not me personally, but apparently my uncle ran away from Shui as a hatchling. I never met him, he was killed by his brother - Ichabod. And my grandmother used to be mates with him and escaped.” “Oh yeah, Ichabod’s a brutal one,” Ouro shivered, remembering the coldness of the shade as it hit him during their sparring sessions. Thankfully none of it stuck. “Anyways, we shouldn’t be talking out here,” Joshe said, looking around. “Can you walk on that thing? Or do you want me to carry you?” Everything Ouro had been taught screamed at him to grin and bear it, to push through and not show any weakness, but Ouro didn’t want to live like that anymore. He didn’t have to live like that anymore, it seemed. “If it’s not too much trouble,” he croaked out, feeling his face flush. “Not at all,” Joshe grinned, leaning down and then hoisting the mirror onto his back. Ouro felt a rush in his chest, a strange feeling he had never felt before. It was as Joshe was carrying Ouro into camp that he identified it: he was in love with Joshe. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/9a138c26554e324936484ade5021b573/280633acce0f81d9-f0/s540x810/4749c14343af35096e06119b885d7bc79977c4c5.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87042636][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=87042636&skin=23312&apparel=50999&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Atlas stirred. Or rather, it was not them that stirred. It was not often they had control over their own body and mind. They were a helpless passenger in the journey of the true pilot. Though, it was hard to tell where the shade ended and they began at times. Today, the shade was nudging them. They could almost hear a voice whispering in their ear. [i]Another piece is coming, I found another piece of us wandering the Scarred Wasteland, and I am pulling it in. Be prepared, don’t let it get away. We need to be at full power if we want that crown.[/i] Atlas couldn’t help themself. A grin spread across their face. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/9a138c26554e324936484ade5021b573/280633acce0f81d9-f0/s540x810/4749c14343af35096e06119b885d7bc79977c4c5.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87799019][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=87799019&skin=0&apparel=12267,8317,8600,8601,8813,9218,9449,9816&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Ostrich looked around the barren wastelands before her, so different from her verdant home flight. But she needed to get away, as far away as she could from Piano. Their breakup had been messy, and Ostrich certainly did not want to see her again. Well, that wasn’t entirely correct. Ostrich very much wanted to see Piano again, but knew her ex wanted her space, and felt duty-bound to ensure they never crossed paths again. Ostrich knew all about duty. She was a paladin, and spent her life disciplined and devoted to her oath. She knew she had a glimmer of shade within her, she felt it stir at times, but she had it well under control. It would never escape from her gleaming armour. Which is how she ended up here. Duty. Love. Heartbreak. All driving her to the polar opposite of everything her birth clan was. She would build a life here, find a clan to join, and find some other oath to devote herself to, until she forgot how much she missed Piano. Clans were harder to find in the Scarred Wasteland than Ostrich had anticipated. Sure, she had come across the occasional hunting pack, but there were few established settlements. Perhaps the wastes were too inhospitable for this, but she kept looking, trying to find a new cause, a new home. Perhaps that was why she was so excited to come across a collection of tents. It couldn’t have housed more than twenty dragons, likely less, but it was something. She could only hope they would not mind having another mouth to feed. Just as the thought entered her mind, the ground began to rumble and green fins broke the surface of the fleshy ground. Moments later, a dragon emerged, crackling with a dark electricity and eyes wide in excitement. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87811167][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=64&bodygene=206&breed=23&element=5&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=157&tertgene=194&winggene=194&wings=101&auth=4ce213c137ec723347cca2290c4681807b8bcc4d&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] “Oh! A Newcomer!” The sandsurge exclaimed. “How exciting! Oh wait…” She paused. “No, I’m doing this wrong. I’m supposed to be on patrol. I mean, what do you want with the disciples of Atlas!” “I come seeking home and shelter, in exchange for my services,” Ostrich said, taking a knee before the sansurge. “My name is Ostrich, and I am a loyal paladin ready to serve whatever cause may be asked of me.” “Oh, fantastic!” The sandsurge exclaimed. “My name is Faraday, let me show you to camp! We’d love to have you! We’re trying to build a kingdom, according to our leader, Atlas. Well, actually, Atlas doesn’t come out much. He mostly passes on messages through one of his mates, Octavia. But nevermind all that, he’d love to have a knight!” “I’m actually a paladin, not a knight,” Ostrich tried to correct the sandsurge, but she seemed far too excited to hear a word she was saying. However, this seemed to be the most promising opportunity yet, so Ostrich followed Faraday to the collection of tents, ready to make this her new home. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3244658/74#post_55487740]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@pinglist-3016[/center] ----- Work was quiet and I was in a writing mood, so I figured I'd start the next chapter to see how far I get! Turns out I finished it, so today is a rare two chapter day! I may start another, but if I do, I'll save that chapter to post tomorrow. I'm sure there are lots of plague clans for Ostrich to have found and joined, given the amount of plague users there are with lore, but I like to imagine that she missed them all [s]for reasons.[/s] Oh, also, I meant to write something at the end of last chapter but time was tight before work so I forgot! I wanted to introduce you all properly to the bloodline that Sunset, Echo, their children, and Octavia are a part of! They are part of a lineage challenge that was done by @RedSiren . They originally gifted Octavia to me as one of the spares from the last generation of the challenge. A little while later, they told me they were no longer keeping the family line, and offered them to me. I realized that there were just enough generations within the challenge to line up with the number of flights I have to visit for pinkerlockes before I've cycled through them all, so I decided to take them in! RedSiren helped me pair each pair with a different flight, and Echo and Sunset were the pair for this flight (because they were gifted to me before I asked to take on the others)! I have put the other pairs on my list for breeding when I don't have anymore pinkerlocke pairs to breed, so you will very likely see more offspring from various pairs before the pairs themselves show up properly in my lore! (There are already a handful in the queue awaiting introduction). Because the focus of the lineage was different ways to combine the magic of the parents, I have decided that it is an immensely magical family, and retroactively have assigned Octavia and her children magical abilities. I'm not combining the parents magic in the same way though, with the amount of children these pairs will likely have in my lore, I worry that would box me in too much. Speaking of lineages, there are other family lines who's bloodlines are beginning to come into play, beyond just the dragons who hold the bloodlines themselves, I wonder if you can figure out who they are (for those of you who have read some of my previous stories).

Day 58: Hopelessly Devoted
Seeker Brooch
Sentence: Writing

dragon?did=89751651&skin=22263&apparel=23138,23136,23142,1549&xt=dressing.png

Ouro was getting tired of walking. Mizt’s teeth had sunk in deep, and it made it difficult to use his front right leg. He had been trying to surveil the other factions all day, trying to glean which one most aligned with his philosophies without drawing too much attention to himself. He wasn’t sure how much farther he could go. He hoped he would settle on a camp soon.

If circumstances were different, Ouro would run far, far away from the disciples and never return, but he had participated in the Challenge of Plague, and he knew the ritual had a hold on him even now. Besides, what good would peace be if he didn’t stop the violence and horrors of everything his father was trying to do.

He crept a bit closer to the camp he was approaching, hoping to get a glimpse, when suddenly his leg gave out under him, sending a shooting pain up through the bone. He let out a cry of pain as he collapsed, finding himself facedown on the pulsing ground.

He was suddenly aware of heavy footsteps approaching him, and looked up to see a guardian making his way towards him.
dragon?did=90071356&skin=0&apparel=1707,26868,26869,26872&xt=dressing.png

“Gods, are you alright? You look like death! Where is all that blood coming from?” The guardian said, eyes wide with worry. “My name is Joshe, and I am going to bring you back to the camp, I’ll make sure you get all patched up.”

Ouro stared up at Joshe, feeling relief wash over him as he was met with concern and not hostility. He had never been treated so kindly before. Even Mizt, who had offered him mercy in her own way, had gone about it with a certain brutality.

Ouro realized that Joshe was staring at him as if looking for a response.

“What?” Ouro asked, embarrassed that he missed the question.

“I asked what your name is,” Joshe said. “And what happened to you?”

“Oh! I’m Ouro, and my leg is hurt. It wasn’t an attack or anything, my sister was trying to help me,” Ouro explained, looking down at his bleeding leg. “Trying to fake my death or something so my father doesn’t go looking for me.”

“Sounds like quite the nasty father,” Joshe grimaced.

“Yeah, my dad is Shui,” Ouro explained sheepishly. He winced internally, he probably should not have said that. He prepared himself to be thrown out to the wastes to survive on his own merit. The other factions probably did not think too kindly of Shui.

“Oh deities, I’m glad you got out,” Joshe empathized. “Don’t worry, we’ve helped children of Shui get out before. Well, not me personally, but apparently my uncle ran away from Shui as a hatchling. I never met him, he was killed by his brother - Ichabod. And my grandmother used to be mates with him and escaped.”

“Oh yeah, Ichabod’s a brutal one,” Ouro shivered, remembering the coldness of the shade as it hit him during their sparring sessions. Thankfully none of it stuck.

“Anyways, we shouldn’t be talking out here,” Joshe said, looking around. “Can you walk on that thing? Or do you want me to carry you?”

Everything Ouro had been taught screamed at him to grin and bear it, to push through and not show any weakness, but Ouro didn’t want to live like that anymore. He didn’t have to live like that anymore, it seemed.

“If it’s not too much trouble,” he croaked out, feeling his face flush.

“Not at all,” Joshe grinned, leaning down and then hoisting the mirror onto his back. Ouro felt a rush in his chest, a strange feeling he had never felt before.

It was as Joshe was carrying Ouro into camp that he identified it: he was in love with Joshe.

4749c14343af35096e06119b885d7bc79977c4c5.png

dragon?did=87042636&skin=23312&apparel=50999&xt=dressing.png

Atlas stirred.

Or rather, it was not them that stirred. It was not often they had control over their own body and mind. They were a helpless passenger in the journey of the true pilot. Though, it was hard to tell where the shade ended and they began at times.

Today, the shade was nudging them. They could almost hear a voice whispering in their ear.

Another piece is coming, I found another piece of us wandering the Scarred Wasteland, and I am pulling it in. Be prepared, don’t let it get away. We need to be at full power if we want that crown.

Atlas couldn’t help themself. A grin spread across their face.

4749c14343af35096e06119b885d7bc79977c4c5.png

dragon?did=87799019&skin=0&apparel=12267,8317,8600,8601,8813,9218,9449,9816&xt=dressing.png

Ostrich looked around the barren wastelands before her, so different from her verdant home flight. But she needed to get away, as far away as she could from Piano. Their breakup had been messy, and Ostrich certainly did not want to see her again. Well, that wasn’t entirely correct. Ostrich very much wanted to see Piano again, but knew her ex wanted her space, and felt duty-bound to ensure they never crossed paths again.

Ostrich knew all about duty. She was a paladin, and spent her life disciplined and devoted to her oath. She knew she had a glimmer of shade within her, she felt it stir at times, but she had it well under control. It would never escape from her gleaming armour.

Which is how she ended up here. Duty. Love. Heartbreak. All driving her to the polar opposite of everything her birth clan was. She would build a life here, find a clan to join, and find some other oath to devote herself to, until she forgot how much she missed Piano.

Clans were harder to find in the Scarred Wasteland than Ostrich had anticipated. Sure, she had come across the occasional hunting pack, but there were few established settlements. Perhaps the wastes were too inhospitable for this, but she kept looking, trying to find a new cause, a new home.

Perhaps that was why she was so excited to come across a collection of tents. It couldn’t have housed more than twenty dragons, likely less, but it was something. She could only hope they would not mind having another mouth to feed.

Just as the thought entered her mind, the ground began to rumble and green fins broke the surface of the fleshy ground. Moments later, a dragon emerged, crackling with a dark electricity and eyes wide in excitement.
dragon?age=1&body=64&bodygene=206&breed=23&element=5&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=157&tertgene=194&winggene=194&wings=101&auth=4ce213c137ec723347cca2290c4681807b8bcc4d&dummyext=prev.png

“Oh! A Newcomer!” The sandsurge exclaimed. “How exciting! Oh wait…” She paused. “No, I’m doing this wrong. I’m supposed to be on patrol. I mean, what do you want with the disciples of Atlas!”

“I come seeking home and shelter, in exchange for my services,” Ostrich said, taking a knee before the sansurge. “My name is Ostrich, and I am a loyal paladin ready to serve whatever cause may be asked of me.”

“Oh, fantastic!” The sandsurge exclaimed. “My name is Faraday, let me show you to camp! We’d love to have you! We’re trying to build a kingdom, according to our leader, Atlas. Well, actually, Atlas doesn’t come out much. He mostly passes on messages through one of his mates, Octavia. But nevermind all that, he’d love to have a knight!”

“I’m actually a paladin, not a knight,” Ostrich tried to correct the sandsurge, but she seemed far too excited to hear a word she was saying.

However, this seemed to be the most promising opportunity yet, so Ostrich followed Faraday to the collection of tents, ready to make this her new home.

Work was quiet and I was in a writing mood, so I figured I'd start the next chapter to see how far I get! Turns out I finished it, so today is a rare two chapter day! I may start another, but if I do, I'll save that chapter to post tomorrow.

I'm sure there are lots of plague clans for Ostrich to have found and joined, given the amount of plague users there are with lore, but I like to imagine that she missed them all for reasons.

Oh, also, I meant to write something at the end of last chapter but time was tight before work so I forgot! I wanted to introduce you all properly to the bloodline that Sunset, Echo, their children, and Octavia are a part of! They are part of a lineage challenge that was done by @RedSiren . They originally gifted Octavia to me as one of the spares from the last generation of the challenge. A little while later, they told me they were no longer keeping the family line, and offered them to me. I realized that there were just enough generations within the challenge to line up with the number of flights I have to visit for pinkerlockes before I've cycled through them all, so I decided to take them in! RedSiren helped me pair each pair with a different flight, and Echo and Sunset were the pair for this flight (because they were gifted to me before I asked to take on the others)! I have put the other pairs on my list for breeding when I don't have anymore pinkerlocke pairs to breed, so you will very likely see more offspring from various pairs before the pairs themselves show up properly in my lore! (There are already a handful in the queue awaiting introduction). Because the focus of the lineage was different ways to combine the magic of the parents, I have decided that it is an immensely magical family, and retroactively have assigned Octavia and her children magical abilities. I'm not combining the parents magic in the same way though, with the amount of children these pairs will likely have in my lore, I worry that would box me in too much.

Speaking of lineages, there are other family lines who's bloodlines are beginning to come into play, beyond just the dragons who hold the bloodlines themselves, I wonder if you can figure out who they are (for those of you who have read some of my previous stories).
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall an amazing chapter as always!! :D
@Petall an amazing chapter as always!! :D
acecatcher.pngCSbjUBU.png
HgPz4gl.png
@Rex27

Thank you!
@Rex27

Thank you!
Oh wow, Ouro fell fast. xD Though tbf, if a handsome guy picked me up and promised to take care of me, I'd have the same reaction too.

I feel kind of bad for Ostrich already; I'm getting the feeling she's gonna have a hard time. Outside of the challenges, I mean :<
Oh wow, Ouro fell fast. xD Though tbf, if a handsome guy picked me up and promised to take care of me, I'd have the same reaction too.

I feel kind of bad for Ostrich already; I'm getting the feeling she's gonna have a hard time. Outside of the challenges, I mean :<
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

Lol, I wasn't expecting him to fall for Joshe (and I'm pretty sure it's going to be one-sided because of the whole alphabet legacy thing, Joshe needs a J mate), but it sure did happen! I'm interested to see where this will go!

Oh yeah, little does Ostrich know that she ran away from her ex, only to end up in the same place her ex did to run away from her! Not to mention other potential troubles with being in Atlas's faction...
@Disillusionist

Lol, I wasn't expecting him to fall for Joshe (and I'm pretty sure it's going to be one-sided because of the whole alphabet legacy thing, Joshe needs a J mate), but it sure did happen! I'm interested to see where this will go!

Oh yeah, little does Ostrich know that she ran away from her ex, only to end up in the same place her ex did to run away from her! Not to mention other potential troubles with being in Atlas's faction...
Oh no, Ostrich has no idea what she's getting herself into- especially with Atlas's shade [emoji=spiral scared size=1] it's certainly getting more... active. And aww Ouro, runs straight out of violence and right into love.
Oh no, Ostrich has no idea what she's getting herself into- especially with Atlas's shade it's certainly getting more... active. And aww Ouro, runs straight out of violence and right into love.
unEaUkh.png - She/they/xe
- Tales of Eotera (Lore Thread)
9fbec014932d0afc30da6fd2c36bc2ad26496952.png
Oooh fun. Atlas’s shade is a huge concern, smelling a villain with it… and Atlas is basically trapped on this ride, oof. Ostrich walking straight into the fire. And the bloodline of Jett is going strong here, huh? Honestly really glad Ouro wound up with Ishtar’s disciples. Also i see Ouro falling for Joshe… Joshe does have two hands.
Oooh fun. Atlas’s shade is a huge concern, smelling a villain with it… and Atlas is basically trapped on this ride, oof. Ostrich walking straight into the fire. And the bloodline of Jett is going strong here, huh? Honestly really glad Ouro wound up with Ishtar’s disciples. Also i see Ouro falling for Joshe… Joshe does have two hands.

He/him | FRT+1 x
Ohoho I never really took a close look at Atlas' family tree until now. This'll be interesting
Ohoho I never really took a close look at Atlas' family tree until now. This'll be interesting
tSKOR3g.png
- Wind Subspecies Hub
- Painted Clouds
- Foo's Eye Guardians
- Wishlist
- Clan Lore

1 2 ... 71 72 73 74 75 ... 96 97