Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ23] Scry a Dragon!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25
[center][img]https://imgur.com/Zh4Ngll.png[/img] [size=4][font=Monotype Corsiva][i]The pathways of Cloudsong are bustling in excitement for the upcoming festival. Dragons of all shapes and sizes are putting up decorations and stalls of all kind in preparation. There's not one platform you see that doesn't have someone working on it. Walking down one pathway though, you come to a platform that is bustling with something different- harpies of all kind chirping as they work on artworks of all kind, stalls halfway filled with wares that have already been completed. You can't help but look, eyes flickering over the various craftsmen.[/i][/font][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/qd7QmLu.png[/img] Welcome! This is a simple, fun little game that I've decided to run that's open IF and OOF! Just like countless other scrying games, it's pretty simple! Everyday, a new challenge comes out where you must scry a dragon based on the clues given to you! At rollover, the challenge will end, and the two people who are the closest to the dragon mentioned will be declared the winners. [size=6][b][u]Rules[/u][/b][/size] -[s]Each day, a new scry challenge will come out right after rollover. The scry challenge will end at the next rollover, when the new one is posted[/s] After realizing just how late staying up till after rollover is, I have now decided challenges will end and new challenges start right before rollover -Winners are decided on which two is the closest to the mystery scry -[i] Edit from 3/19: after seeing that a few more than just two got closest guesses, decisions in those scenario will be based off of how close a color/eye type/ect is. Further, in any event where scries are the exact same, a random die will be rolled[/i] -Gender poses do [b]NOT [/b]matter -Please do not edit your posts -Be nice! [img]https://i.imgur.com/Mf64uAc.png[/img] [b]Daily Pinglist:[/b] @NavRea @SilentWanderer @Somariel @Jusant @mcpearlie @odyssia @TinkaDreamChaser @ArithMedic @L1BR4 @styygian @Shrapnarl @Beezarre @Asherlark @Nurry @Qingqing @MystaRias @terrified @xenonentity @Bxy26 @tigressRising @squiddysquid @Pygo @IamNoHere @w1llyn1lly @hannahbbug3 @ReginaChaos @WanderingTurtle @CaityJay @Doozie @Islet @FinalFlight @Ajgreelyfan3 @ThunderFlare @KairinRose @nbAphrodite @Spiraling @hawketh @kitkitkat @phorusrhacoid @Zefira @RedGryphon @gingerwarlock [size=2][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2118304#post_2118304]Credits to Drytil for: Messenger Scroll Art and Windsinger divider [/url] Banner by the lovely [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/167480]mythicalviper[/url][/size][/center]
Zh4Ngll.png

The pathways of Cloudsong are bustling in excitement for the upcoming festival. Dragons of all shapes and sizes are putting up decorations and stalls of all kind in preparation. There's not one platform you see that doesn't have someone working on it.

Walking down one pathway though, you come to a platform that is bustling with something different- harpies of all kind chirping as they work on artworks of all kind, stalls halfway filled with wares that have already been completed. You can't help but look, eyes flickering over the various craftsmen.

qd7QmLu.png

Welcome! This is a simple, fun little game that I've decided to run that's open IF and OOF! Just like countless other scrying games, it's pretty simple! Everyday, a new challenge comes out where you must scry a dragon based on the clues given to you! At rollover, the challenge will end, and the two people who are the closest to the dragon mentioned will be declared the winners.

Rules
-Each day, a new scry challenge will come out right after rollover. The scry challenge will end at the next rollover, when the new one is posted After realizing just how late staying up till after rollover is, I have now decided challenges will end and new challenges start right before rollover
-Winners are decided on which two is the closest to the mystery scry - Edit from 3/19: after seeing that a few more than just two got closest guesses, decisions in those scenario will be based off of how close a color/eye type/ect is. Further, in any event where scries are the exact same, a random die will be rolled
-Gender poses do NOT matter
-Please do not edit your posts
-Be nice!

Mf64uAc.png

Daily Pinglist:
@NavRea @SilentWanderer @Somariel @Jusant @mcpearlie @odyssia @TinkaDreamChaser @ArithMedic @L1BR4 @styygian @Shrapnarl @Beezarre @Asherlark @Nurry @Qingqing @MystaRias @terrified @xenonentity @Bxy26 @tigressRising @squiddysquid @Pygo @IamNoHere @w1llyn1lly @hannahbbug3 @ReginaChaos @WanderingTurtle @CaityJay @Doozie @Islet @FinalFlight @Ajgreelyfan3 @ThunderFlare @KairinRose @nbAphrodite @Spiraling @hawketh @kitkitkat @phorusrhacoid @Zefira @RedGryphon @gingerwarlock

Credits to Drytil for: Messenger Scroll Art and Windsinger divider

Banner by the lovely mythicalviper
[center][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=7][size=7]Challenges[/size][/size] Want a look back at the other days? Or maybe want to jump quickly to the latest day? Look no further than the record here![/font] [quote name="Day 1"]As you scan the group, you happen to spot an ancient looking harpy who stares at a large blacken bone in their hand. While almost everyone else is working on their projects, this harpy is just sitting. After a few moments, they seem to realize that you are looking at your, beckoning you over. [columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/44083.png[/img] [nextcol] [quote]"Hello, hello. You seem like you can help me with something. I saw a dragon pass by here earlier, and they had looked perfect to carve, but I can't form the picture quite right in my head. I remember that they were large, very strong. I'm sure that some of the young warriors would have love to compete against them in a trial of strength. Their body and wings were as black as the bone that I had picked to carve. Their body was streaked with thin pale stripes. Their wings reminded me of a insect. I think the main reason I was so inspired was because if I squinted, I could just barely make out the patterning of bones on them. Their eyes were almost as black as themself."[/quote][/quote] [quote name="Day 2"]While walking by the platform, you hear a loud squawk of your name. Looking at the crowd of beastclan, you can make out a blur of bright feathers heading your way. You pause, seeing a young male burst out of the crowd, smiling up at you as they chatted away. [columns] [quote]" Ms. Sceile was right! She said that a dragon had helped her get a picture for her carvings. Could you help me with my vase? I know what I want to paint on it, but trying to do details without a good reference is admittedly very hard. After all, the dragon I want to paint had two heads! Two heads! I saw them one day near the edge of the bamboo forest I live at. Their eyes were really vivid yellow! Now that I think about it, their whole color scheme was very vivid. There body was blue and with some striking green stripes. And their wings! It was really cool, with how the pink and blue faded together so softly, yet clashed together! I never thought I'd see those shades created outside of pigments! Oh! And they had these wicked green petal looking things on them that kinda matched the some of the stripes on its body! It was really cool![/quote] [nextcol] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/48124.png[/img] [/columns][/quote] [quote name="Day 3"]Passing by the platform again, you spot a new sight. A dark harpy sits by the edge of the group, bouncing their leg as they hold a blank canvas. They perk up a small bit, waving you over. [columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/21415.png[/img] [nextcol] [quote]"I've heard rumors that there's a dragon who helps get references for those who are having a bit of art block. Perhaps you could help me? I've been trying to paint, but no matter how I've picture it in my head, my talon's betray me and twist it into something else. I wish to paint a dragon that I've heard in war myths from my homeland. Apparently, they came back a few years ago. Their body is a pale green, with patterning makes it look like they're covered in feathers almost. Their wings are nice pale green-blue color, with a slight blotchy pattern near the ends. They have very large feathers as well, close to the color of their wings but not quite. Their eyes look like the essence of the wind, and are very large, almost like a fledgling's."[/quote][/quote] [quote name="Day 4"]You haven't even made it to the platform before a harpy has made it's way to you, a bowl of pigment and binder in her hand being mixed haphazardly. Looking around, you can spot a few dragons with splashes of the same color in the bowl on them. You're not the first that she has visited, and with a jolt you have been marked the same. [columns] [quote]"Hello, hello, hello! Could you help me? I saw an amazing sight the other day that I just need to record! I got to see a dragon egg hatch, and it was wonderful! Not just the new life, no no. No, how the small fledgling looked! Oh, they were adorable! They were so colorful as well! Their body was yellow with swirls of peach-orange. Their wings were this nice orange color that faded to red and had a purple stripe! And it was funny, because right out of the egg the little fledgling looked like it got into pigment! It's tail, feet, face, ending of it's wing membrane even, all looked stained with a deep, magentaish-purple! And it's eyes! Oh, when it opened it's eyes! It was like a fire! I don't think I've seen many dragons with the eye color, but I've seen a few! And the cutest thing too, it copied the little aww and squeal that I made perfectly!"[/quote] [nextcol] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/48122.png[/img] [/columns][/quote] [quote name="Day 5"]As you approach the platform today, you see a harpy with a spear sitting by an edge. She makes her way over to you, and at first you fear that you somehow managed to wrong someone and she’s going to tear you out. She looks you up and down before she nods her head, speaking. [columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/40823.png[/img] [nextcol] [quote]“I’ve heard you have been helping around people who ask for your help. Is that true? I wish to get a reference for my lover, but she’s too stubborn to ask for help. She wanted to draw a dragon that was frog-looking. She described it as having a blue body with dark splotches and some pale bits to it, almost like an oilspill. The wings were a different shade of brighter blue, and were very heavily spotted with rose-like spots. Its belly sparkled with a green color. Its eyes were a very unusual green color.” [/quote] [/columns][/quote] [quote name="Day 6"]You didn’t even pass the platform this time. A harpy stomped her way over to you, a slightly mad look on her face. After seeing how you shrunk back though, her face softened. It however didn’t stop her from pointing a miller at you while she talked, a teasing lit in her voice and a smile breaking out on her face halfway through. [columns] [quote]“Hey! I saw you help out someone from the Windcarve clan the other day! It’s only right that you should help out someone from the Stormcloud clan, hmm? I saw a dragon that I would love to reference. A feather dragon had passed by my nest and was beautiful. Their body was deep blue with sparkly yellow. I almost didn’t see them outside during the night. Their wings looked like a fragile insect, a rich yellow with deep pale orange sections. All over their body was covered with patches of shiny tan that faded into pale blue at sections. Their eyes glowed a light blue.”[/quote] [nextcol] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/48121.png[/img] [/columns] [/quote] [quote name="Day 7"] Passing by the platform again, you notice that many of the artisans have settled down. Completed artworks depicting dragons, harpies, even nature itself are scattered about on stalls, waiting for the festival to start. A few still work on projects that seem to take up more time, but you pay little attention as you see one last harpy come up to you. [columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/32385.png[/img] [nextcol] [quote]“Ah, I’m sorry to approach you after seeing you help the other, but I wish to find a partner to complete my dance with. I saw someone who looked perfect pass by a few hours ago, but I can’t seem to find them. Their long, thin body was a light blue-green that shimmered in the light, perfect to twist into multiple shapes. Their many wings looked like if there were stars during a rich afternoon sky. Wisps of yellow-green swirled all around their body. Their light-green eyes were nothing special, I see most dragons around here with them.”[/quote] [/columns] [/quote][/center]
Challenges
Want a look back at the other days? Or maybe want to jump quickly to the latest day? Look no further than the record here!

Day 1 wrote:
As you scan the group, you happen to spot an ancient looking harpy who stares at a large blacken bone in their hand. While almost everyone else is working on their projects, this harpy is just sitting. After a few moments, they seem to realize that you are looking at your, beckoning you over.
44083.png
Quote:
"Hello, hello. You seem like you can help me with something. I saw a dragon pass by here earlier, and they had looked perfect to carve, but I can't form the picture quite right in my head. I remember that they were large, very strong. I'm sure that some of the young warriors would have love to compete against them in a trial of strength. Their body and wings were as black as the bone that I had picked to carve. Their body was streaked with thin pale stripes. Their wings reminded me of a insect. I think the main reason I was so inspired was because if I squinted, I could just barely make out the patterning of bones on them. Their eyes were almost as black as themself."
Day 2 wrote:
While walking by the platform, you hear a loud squawk of your name. Looking at the crowd of beastclan, you can make out a blur of bright feathers heading your way. You pause, seeing a young male burst out of the crowd, smiling up at you as they chatted away.
Quote:
" Ms. Sceile was right! She said that a dragon had helped her get a picture for her carvings. Could you help me with my vase? I know what I want to paint on it, but trying to do details without a good reference is admittedly very hard. After all, the dragon I want to paint had two heads! Two heads! I saw them one day near the edge of the bamboo forest I live at. Their eyes were really vivid yellow! Now that I think about it, their whole color scheme was very vivid. There body was blue and with some striking green stripes. And their wings! It was really cool, with how the pink and blue faded together so softly, yet clashed together! I never thought I'd see those shades created outside of pigments! Oh! And they had these wicked green petal looking things on them that kinda matched the some of the stripes on its body! It was really cool!
48124.png
Day 3 wrote:
Passing by the platform again, you spot a new sight. A dark harpy sits by the edge of the group, bouncing their leg as they hold a blank canvas. They perk up a small bit, waving you over.
21415.png
Quote:
"I've heard rumors that there's a dragon who helps get references for those who are having a bit of art block. Perhaps you could help me? I've been trying to paint, but no matter how I've picture it in my head, my talon's betray me and twist it into something else. I wish to paint a dragon that I've heard in war myths from my homeland. Apparently, they came back a few years ago. Their body is a pale green, with patterning makes it look like they're covered in feathers almost. Their wings are nice pale green-blue color, with a slight blotchy pattern near the ends. They have very large feathers as well, close to the color of their wings but not quite. Their eyes look like the essence of the wind, and are very large, almost like a fledgling's."
Day 4 wrote:
You haven't even made it to the platform before a harpy has made it's way to you, a bowl of pigment and binder in her hand being mixed haphazardly. Looking around, you can spot a few dragons with splashes of the same color in the bowl on them. You're not the first that she has visited, and with a jolt you have been marked the same.
Quote:
"Hello, hello, hello! Could you help me? I saw an amazing sight the other day that I just need to record! I got to see a dragon egg hatch, and it was wonderful! Not just the new life, no no. No, how the small fledgling looked! Oh, they were adorable! They were so colorful as well! Their body was yellow with swirls of peach-orange. Their wings were this nice orange color that faded to red and had a purple stripe! And it was funny, because right out of the egg the little fledgling looked like it got into pigment! It's tail, feet, face, ending of it's wing membrane even, all looked stained with a deep, magentaish-purple! And it's eyes! Oh, when it opened it's eyes! It was like a fire! I don't think I've seen many dragons with the eye color, but I've seen a few! And the cutest thing too, it copied the little aww and squeal that I made perfectly!"
48122.png
Day 5 wrote:
As you approach the platform today, you see a harpy with a spear sitting by an edge. She makes her way over to you, and at first you fear that you somehow managed to wrong someone and she’s going to tear you out. She looks you up and down before she nods her head, speaking.
40823.png
Quote:
“I’ve heard you have been helping around people who ask for your help. Is that true? I wish to get a reference for my lover, but she’s too stubborn to ask for help. She wanted to draw a dragon that was frog-looking. She described it as having a blue body with dark splotches and some pale bits to it, almost like an oilspill. The wings were a different shade of brighter blue, and were very heavily spotted with rose-like spots. Its belly sparkled with a green color. Its eyes were a very unusual green color.”
Day 6 wrote:
You didn’t even pass the platform this time. A harpy stomped her way over to you, a slightly mad look on her face. After seeing how you shrunk back though, her face softened. It however didn’t stop her from pointing a miller at you while she talked, a teasing lit in her voice and a smile breaking out on her face halfway through.
Quote:
“Hey! I saw you help out someone from the Windcarve clan the other day! It’s only right that you should help out someone from the Stormcloud clan, hmm? I saw a dragon that I would love to reference. A feather dragon had passed by my nest and was beautiful. Their body was deep blue with sparkly yellow. I almost didn’t see them outside during the night. Their wings looked like a fragile insect, a rich yellow with deep pale orange sections. All over their body was covered with patches of shiny tan that faded into pale blue at sections. Their eyes glowed a light blue.”
48121.png
Day 7 wrote:
Passing by the platform again, you notice that many of the artisans have settled down. Completed artworks depicting dragons, harpies, even nature itself are scattered about on stalls, waiting for the festival to start. A few still work on projects that seem to take up more time, but you pay little attention as you see one last harpy come up to you.
32385.png
Quote:
“Ah, I’m sorry to approach you after seeing you help the other, but I wish to find a partner to complete my dance with. I saw someone who looked perfect pass by a few hours ago, but I can’t seem to find them. Their long, thin body was a light blue-green that shimmered in the light, perfect to twist into multiple shapes. Their many wings looked like if there were stars during a rich afternoon sky. Wisps of yellow-green swirled all around their body. Their light-green eyes were nothing special, I see most dragons around here with them.”
[center][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=7][size=7]Prizes[/size][/size][/font] [quote name="Day 1"] [item=Messengers Scroll] x99[/quote] [quote name="Day 2"] [i]Treasure/Coli Ancient Gene of Choice[/i][/quote] [quote name="Day 3"] [item=Hurricane Heart Chest]/[item=Triple Happiness Chest] [size=2]Winner who is the closest will get first pick Donated by the lovely [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/84403]Zombrigit[/url][/quote] [quote name="Day 4"] [item=Unhatched Nocturne Egg][/quote] [quote name="Day 5"] [i]Treasure/Coli Gene of Choice[/i][/quote] [quote name="Day 6"] Treasure Breed Change of Choice[/quote] [quote name="Day 7"] [item=Unhatched Wind Egg][item=Whirlwind Crown][/quote][/center]
Prizes
Day 1 wrote:
x99
Day 2 wrote:
Treasure/Coli Ancient Gene of Choice
Day 3 wrote:
Hurricane Heart Chest / Triple Happiness Chest
Winner who is the closest will get first pick
Donated by the lovely Zombrigit
Day 4 wrote:
Unhatched Nocturne Egg
Day 5 wrote:
Treasure/Coli Gene of Choice
Day 6 wrote:
Treasure Breed Change of Choice
Day 7 wrote:
Unhatched Wind Egg Whirlwind Crown
R incase
R incase
@NightGaze this sounds fun! Pls add me to the pinglist :)
@NightGaze this sounds fun! Pls add me to the pinglist :)
I'm doing a yearly challenge where I hatch an elemental egg in the first day of its festival and I fully gene them. The only condition is that they have to have primal eyes. Find it here
Pinglist please!
Pinglist please!
104.png Wishlist
361.png Gene Plans
121.pngFR+8
progen-small.pngsignature-badge.jpg kashan-icon-small.pngbadge-Strange-Sisters-small.png
[center]Already starting day one! As you scan the group, you happen to spot an ancient looking harpy who stares at a large blacken bone in their hand. While almost everyone else is working on their projects, this harpy is just sitting. After a few moments, they seem to realize that you are looking at your, beckoning you over. [columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/44083.png[/img] [nextcol] [quote]"Hello, hello. You seem like you can help me with something. I saw a dragon pass by here earlier, and they had looked perfect to carve, but I can't form the picture quite right in my head. I remember that they were large, very strong. I'm sure that some of the young warriors would have love to compete against them in a trial of strength. Their body and wings were as black as the bone that I had picked to carve. Their body was streaked with thin pale stripes. Their wings reminded me of a insect. I think the main reason I was so inspired was because if I squinted, I could just barely make out the patterning of bones on them. Their eyes were almost as black as themself."[/quote] ------ Pinglist: @NavRea @SilentWanderer[/center]
Already starting day one!

As you scan the group, you happen to spot an ancient looking harpy who stares at a large blacken bone in their hand. While almost everyone else is working on their projects, this harpy is just sitting. After a few moments, they seem to realize that you are looking at your, beckoning you over.
44083.png
Quote:
"Hello, hello. You seem like you can help me with something. I saw a dragon pass by here earlier, and they had looked perfect to carve, but I can't form the picture quite right in my head. I remember that they were large, very strong. I'm sure that some of the young warriors would have love to compete against them in a trial of strength. Their body and wings were as black as the bone that I had picked to carve. Their body was streaked with thin pale stripes. Their wings reminded me of a insect. I think the main reason I was so inspired was because if I squinted, I could just barely make out the patterning of bones on them. Their eyes were almost as black as themself."

Pinglist: @NavRea @SilentWanderer
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=11&bodygene=21&breed=8&element=7&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=11&tertgene=20&winggene=20&wings=11&auth=86919164360ad310d93eecfea2eb2fe55594bd76&dummyext=prev.png[/img][morphology=3280986] Also, please add me to the pinglist.
dragon?age=1&body=11&bodygene=21&breed=8&element=7&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=11&tertgene=20&winggene=20&wings=11&auth=86919164360ad310d93eecfea2eb2fe55594bd76&dummyext=prev.png
Not Found

Also, please add me to the pinglist.
[columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=21&breed=2&element=7&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=8&tertgene=20&winggene=20&wings=10&auth=3ce7c8225ba1182e6d3fc64848ba76b92cf61bfe&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [nextcol] [morphology=3281008] [/columns] I'd like to be added to the pinglist too please :)
dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=21&breed=2&element=7&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=8&tertgene=20&winggene=20&wings=10&auth=3ce7c8225ba1182e6d3fc64848ba76b92cf61bfe&dummyext=prev.png
Not Found

I'd like to be added to the pinglist too please :)
_______________ _ pipsqueak.png _
_

FR+9
She/her
Not fluent in English
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=12&bodygene=22&breed=8&element=7&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=9&tertgene=20&winggene=20&wings=12&auth=90073a35256e00c8663134451e2e6be39b3bd23d&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [morphology=3281093] this looks fun! pinglist please!
dragon?age=1&body=12&bodygene=22&breed=8&element=7&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=9&tertgene=20&winggene=20&wings=12&auth=90073a35256e00c8663134451e2e6be39b3bd23d&dummyext=prev.png
MJ23 Day 1

this looks fun! pinglist please!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25