Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [GALA CLOSED] Sornieth Winter Games '23
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 30 31
Ping list should be updated through here.
Ping list should be updated through here.
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82359276][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/823593/82359276_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][b]Day 1 - Sunday - Figure Skating[/b][/center] [i]Deep breaths.[/i] In. Out. In again. Auriga's clawtips marked the ice with a mixture of nervousness and excitement she usually only felt on the [i]hunt[/i]. She watched as the pair before her glided across the ice, coming to a fluid stop in front of the judges. A stadium-shaking round of applause followed. "Well done! Well done! And for our next contestant, from Clan Cicuta, Auriga!" She took a deep breath. [i]Breathe. Think of your family. Think of your clan.[/i] Pulling off her shawl carefully, Auriga made her way to the center of the rink. The first note of her chosen piece begins. A long, deep sound that ruffles her feathers. The music begins to pick up. She glides backwards, careful to maintain balance as she launches into a complex step routine. She travels around the rink with an occasional spin and jump flawlessly, but her mind is occupied with something else. She hears the change in the music, the buildup to the grand finale and opens here eyes. The notes reach a climax. Her left claw leaves the ground, and Auriga feels a moment of weightlessness in the air. One. Two. Three spins. The ground rushes back towards her and she lands with a flourish, the difficulty of her triple axel unknown to the regular onlooker. The music ends, and she steps off the rink in exhilaration.
82359276_350.png
Day 1 - Sunday - Figure Skating

Deep breaths.

In.

Out.

In again.

Auriga's clawtips marked the ice with a mixture of nervousness and excitement she usually only felt on the hunt. She watched as the pair before her glided across the ice, coming to a fluid stop in front of the judges. A stadium-shaking round of applause followed.

"Well done! Well done! And for our next contestant, from Clan Cicuta, Auriga!"

She took a deep breath. Breathe. Think of your family. Think of your clan. Pulling off her shawl carefully, Auriga made her way to the center of the rink.

The first note of her chosen piece begins. A long, deep sound that ruffles her feathers.

The music begins to pick up. She glides backwards, careful to maintain balance as she launches into a complex step routine. She travels around the rink with an occasional spin and jump flawlessly, but her mind is occupied with something else.

She hears the change in the music, the buildup to the grand finale and opens here eyes.

The notes reach a climax.

Her left claw leaves the ground, and Auriga feels a moment of weightlessness in the air.

One.

Two.

Three spins. The ground rushes back towards her and she lands with a flourish, the difficulty of her triple axel unknown to the regular onlooker.

The music ends, and she steps off the rink in exhilaration.
sh5xjiu.png
ca4nyRv.png
H0t7Ypl.png
LCqISMP.png
KXqgAVm.png
JvUa9ma.png
KXvuTUY.png Adopt-Shop-Banner.png
[center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/16311229][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/163113/16311229_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Sunday | Alpine Skiing - Slalom[/b] Seashore, Earth Ambassador of clan Vesta of the Ashfall Wastes, shakes her head and her whole body follows with momentum. "What a LOVELY day!" She stomps her feet, kicking up snow far enough to wrinkle the nose of her mate, Seralath. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/68165/6816449p.png[/img] "Truly?" He snorts. "Tis quite cold." "Perfect for exercise!" She counters. Seralath sighs and rolls his eyes, but does not argue. Instead he looks dubiously down the winding path down the mountain, disappearing without end beyond their view here at the top. A paw clutches at his chest, where frost bleeds from the scales over his heart. His mouth pulls into an unhappy line. Seashore looks up at him, her excitement dimming. "Dear," she says kindly, "I'll be fine. The cold will not claim me, for I will be too quick!" The imperial snorts but his expression gentles. "A novelty for you." "INDEED!" Seashore's loud laugh draws stares from the other contestants. "They say it feels like flying. A treat for us snappers you know?" The imperial makes another wordless noise of amusement. "I will watch you from the sky," he tells her. "Can you see me from way up there?" He nods. "As I see prey on the [b]hunt[/b], I shall spot you just as readily." He pauses. "More easily perhaps, for you have always drawn my gaze." Seashore laughs loudly again. "FLATERER!" She accuses, stomping her feet again. "Go on, get out of here before they put [i]you[/i] in skis." Seralath spreads his wings in one dramatic flair, loose snowflakes glittering about him in a flurry. "Fly well, my rock!" "Stay warm my dear!" She calls back. The imperial gives a short roar and launches himself upwards. Seashore watches him for a moment till a cloud passes between them, and then she returns her attention to the track. Her stony face splits into an eager grin as she prepares herself for what is to come. Overcome with excitement she shouts down the path ahead: "MAY THE BEST DRAGON WIN!"[/center]
16311229_350.png
Sunday | Alpine Skiing - Slalom

Seashore, Earth Ambassador of clan Vesta of the Ashfall Wastes, shakes her head and her whole body follows with momentum.

"What a LOVELY day!"

She stomps her feet, kicking up snow far enough to wrinkle the nose of her mate, Seralath.

6816449p.png

"Truly?" He snorts. "Tis quite cold."

"Perfect for exercise!" She counters.

Seralath sighs and rolls his eyes, but does not argue. Instead he looks dubiously down the winding path down the mountain, disappearing without end beyond their view here at the top. A paw clutches at his chest, where frost bleeds from the scales over his heart. His mouth pulls into an unhappy line. Seashore looks up at him, her excitement dimming.

"Dear," she says kindly, "I'll be fine. The cold will not claim me, for I will be too quick!"

The imperial snorts but his expression gentles. "A novelty for you."

"INDEED!" Seashore's loud laugh draws stares from the other contestants. "They say it feels like flying. A treat for us snappers you know?"

The imperial makes another wordless noise of amusement. "I will watch you from the sky," he tells her.

"Can you see me from way up there?"

He nods. "As I see prey on the hunt, I shall spot you just as readily." He pauses. "More easily perhaps, for you have always drawn my gaze."

Seashore laughs loudly again. "FLATERER!" She accuses, stomping her feet again. "Go on, get out of here before they put you in skis."

Seralath spreads his wings in one dramatic flair, loose snowflakes glittering about him in a flurry. "Fly well, my rock!"

"Stay warm my dear!" She calls back.

The imperial gives a short roar and launches himself upwards. Seashore watches him for a moment till a cloud passes between them, and then she returns her attention to the track. Her stony face splits into an eager grin as she prepares herself for what is to come. Overcome with excitement she shouts down the path ahead:

"MAY THE BEST DRAGON WIN!"
CPt6K.gif
YMPbu9R.png
ca4nyRv.pngpZJYyk4.png6mVFIuV.png
gziv3Ja.pngtLCn0d0.pngEE2umbT.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/23403144]Windrith[/url] felt their week at the Winter Games was off to a good start. The Weyr had fully rebounded from the Covert Sickness at last, so this year he had all but ordered [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/23484113]Gemolath[/url] to distribute enough funds to allow all members who so wished to attend the events. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72276716]Honeysonth[/url] had managed to arrange a reservation for an entire block of rooms with a volume discount since there were so many who wanted to come and cheer in honor of WindSky Weyr’s 5-year Anniversary Award! It had the bonus of being conveniently near the center of activities, so that everyone could be close together in support. And here was a bulletin board with their first day’s event posted: DAY 1 - Ice Hockey [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/34515404][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/345155/34515404_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [b]Frozenth[/b]’s team was ready, and she was pleased that she wasn’t going to have to [u]hunt[/u] anyone down. It had been two years since the day that weather had forced them to move up their scheduled match and they’d gone ahead with a last minute sub instead of taking the time to track down [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/48436342]Moonmanth[/url], who’d been out sightseeing - and he still hadn’t forgiven her! He’d been a good player, but the team she’d gathered together with his absence had since become a well-oiled unit, without the drama! Now it was time to put all their practicing to the test! In front of the Weyrleader himself, and more dragons from home than she’d ever seen together for fun! She had been relieved to find they’d been scheduled to play on the first day, so she needn’t worry that any might lose their edge in “celebrating” too hard [i]before[/i] they hit the ice. “Let’s Go!” she yelled, and they were off to the rink.
Windrith felt their week at the Winter Games was off to a good start. The Weyr had fully rebounded from the Covert Sickness at last, so this year he had all but ordered Gemolath to distribute enough funds to allow all members who so wished to attend the events. Honeysonth had managed to arrange a reservation for an entire block of rooms with a volume discount since there were so many who wanted to come and cheer in honor of WindSky Weyr’s 5-year Anniversary Award! It had the bonus of being conveniently near the center of activities, so that everyone could be close together in support. And here was a bulletin board with their first day’s event posted:

DAY 1 - Ice Hockey
34515404_350.png

Frozenth’s team was ready, and she was pleased that she wasn’t going to have to hunt anyone down. It had been two years since the day that weather had forced them to move up their scheduled match and they’d gone ahead with a last minute sub instead of taking the time to track down Moonmanth, who’d been out sightseeing - and he still hadn’t forgiven her! He’d been a good player, but the team she’d gathered together with his absence had since become a well-oiled unit, without the drama! Now it was time to put all their practicing to the test! In front of the Weyrleader himself, and more dragons from home than she’d ever seen together for fun! She had been relieved to find they’d been scheduled to play on the first day, so she needn’t worry that any might lose their edge in “celebrating” too hard before they hit the ice.

“Let’s Go!” she yelled, and they were off to the rink.
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
Sunday - cross country skiing [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/25981762][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/259818/25981762_350.png[/img][/url] Liviel stretched her arms as admired the view at the top of the slope. The cool, fresh mountain air was one she would never tire of. While she was no pro skier she had been climbing mountains her whole life, always on the [b]hunt[/b] for the best views, and going down was always a cinch. She was much more a casual mover anyways. She readied her skis, taking one last deep breath. With a flap of her wings she jumped, and started down the slope.
Sunday - cross country skiing

25981762_350.png

Liviel stretched her arms as admired the view at the top of the slope. The cool, fresh mountain air was one she would never tire of. While she was no pro skier she had been climbing mountains her whole life, always on the hunt for the best views, and going down was always a cinch. She was much more a casual mover anyways. She readied her skis, taking one last deep breath. With a flap of her wings she jumped, and started down the slope.
lesbiancatcher.png
Zeph / 22 / Redwood
fc4zvun.png
mCzmQ3E.png 9.png
@JinxMoonstone

Thank you for clarifying!
@JinxMoonstone

Thank you for clarifying!
mvO7hvU.png 5kRkxhJ.png
5hF3FGk.png
kCHWEjf.png
Just returned from Hiatus!
Let me know if you're missing something from me and please be patient while I adjust to the game again!
@JinxMoonstone Question: There's a big size difference between breeds of dragons, so how would that work with competitions such as curling (the stone sizes) or alpine skiing (pole width/height)?
@JinxMoonstone Question: There's a big size difference between breeds of dragons, so how would that work with competitions such as curling (the stone sizes) or alpine skiing (pole width/height)?
sh5xjiu.png
ca4nyRv.png
H0t7Ypl.png
LCqISMP.png
KXqgAVm.png
JvUa9ma.png
@Hymlocke

Per the explanation in the Events section on the front page:

Please note that Clan Diamond Dust's Lightning dragons have worked hard to make sure each event gives every breed of dragon a fair chance to win. For example, multiple Cross-Country Skiing routes have been created, depending on the type of dragon, and standings will reflect the standardized scores.
@Hymlocke

Per the explanation in the Events section on the front page:

Please note that Clan Diamond Dust's Lightning dragons have worked hard to make sure each event gives every breed of dragon a fair chance to win. For example, multiple Cross-Country Skiing routes have been created, depending on the type of dragon, and standings will reflect the standardized scores.
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
[center]Figure Skating [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/36154224][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/361543/36154224_350.png[/img][/url] Yahaira is talking under her breath as she waits to make her entrance onto the ice "Remember to breathe. Attack the ice as if you're on the [b]hunt[/b] for jumbo shrimp or snowflake urchins! Flow, glow, go!" And with that she glides across the ice and poses in the center of the rink, listening for the first notes of her music. "Smile!"[/center]
Figure Skating

36154224_350.png

Yahaira is talking under her breath as she waits to make her entrance onto the ice "Remember to breathe. Attack the ice as if you're on the hunt for jumbo shrimp or snowflake urchins! Flow, glow, go!" And with that she glides across the ice and poses in the center of the rink, listening for the first notes of her music. "Smile!"
vKdEoyf.png
@JinxMoonstone Thanks for the clarification! Sorry, i completely missed that little blurb of text.
@JinxMoonstone Thanks for the clarification! Sorry, i completely missed that little blurb of text.
sh5xjiu.png
ca4nyRv.png
H0t7Ypl.png
LCqISMP.png
KXqgAVm.png
JvUa9ma.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 30 31