Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [BSJ '22] Royal Races - Heat B
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/9078672][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/90787/9078672_350.png[/img][/url][/center] The finish line was in sight. Djalkava's breath burned in her lungs as she pushed herself onwards: the race had been tight, their competition fierce, and while her long-distance travels aided her stamina, it seemed that didn't benefit her much in an actual race--rather it was her skill in weaving through the other contestants, paving a way for the rest of her team to get ahead that had proven valuable. She wasn't the only one whose resolve had been renewed now the end was near. She could feel the energy behind her shifting, footfalls and shouts ringing out; Djalkava had to force herself not to look over her shoulder as several teams seemed to use their various scrolls, hoping her team would not get caught up in the crossfire. The Nocturne glanced at her teammates out of the corner of her eye: Temeraire's impressive mass seemed to have no trouble keeping up, the Imperial focused on his goal with a dogged determination; Carreño's many cats held on tightly lest they were thrown off, a very real danger with how fast the Spiral was going, the only thing that betrayed any sense of her nervousness the speed with which the end of her tail was twirling. At last there was Euglena, right next to her. She could see the Coatl slow down slightly and take a deep breath, and then-- [b]"GO TEAM CASTLE CLOWDER CROWD!" [/b] As the cry rang out Djalkava could feel her body get reinvigorated, and with a shout she sped along those last few dozen meters, feeling her teammates right beside her-- She was still running a good ten seconds until the cheering finally registered. They'd won. Out of breath and blinking rapidly, Djalkava watched with some shock as Team Etiquette whooshed across the finish line mere seconds later. They'd actually won. The shock turned into elation just as quick; Plotl was making small trilling sounds of glee against her chest, their temperature dropping to a blissfull cool after all that running. Euglena was darting around with joy, and Djalkava could feel her heart grow two sizes as she looked at her team, adrenaline taking over as she took to the sky to fly dizzying patterns around them. "You guys were all amazing! Euglena, you won us the race there at the end! Carreño, your spectral Spiral is so impressive, I almost tripped because I was admiring it! And Temeraire, we could never have done it without you always having our back!" She finally landed again, panting slightly, eyes bright. "I've always travelled alone, I never knew that doing something like this in a group could be so much fun!" An idea struck her. "Hey, I've been planning a marathon flight from the Ashfall Waste to the Southern Icefield--you guys should totally join me!" @Magmish @Salixian @Eialyne (and with that, the three dragons instantly wished they'd never teamed up with Djalkava :') Seriously though you guys were incredible <3 Would absolutely LOVE to do something like this again, feel free to reach out if there's ever a team-up needed for an event :D GO TEAM o/ And congrats to Team Etiquette as well, and to all Teams, really, you made this so much fun and a real challenge :) (and thanks to our RNG overlords as well naturally, someone note down to exalt some fodder in their honour) And the biggest thanks to @Jeevas for running all this in the first place, this had to have been a lot of work <3
9078672_350.png

The finish line was in sight. Djalkava's breath burned in her lungs as she pushed herself onwards: the race had been tight, their competition fierce, and while her long-distance travels aided her stamina, it seemed that didn't benefit her much in an actual race--rather it was her skill in weaving through the other contestants, paving a way for the rest of her team to get ahead that had proven valuable.

She wasn't the only one whose resolve had been renewed now the end was near. She could feel the energy behind her shifting, footfalls and shouts ringing out; Djalkava had to force herself not to look over her shoulder as several teams seemed to use their various scrolls, hoping her team would not get caught up in the crossfire.

The Nocturne glanced at her teammates out of the corner of her eye: Temeraire's impressive mass seemed to have no trouble keeping up, the Imperial focused on his goal with a dogged determination; Carreño's many cats held on tightly lest they were thrown off, a very real danger with how fast the Spiral was going, the only thing that betrayed any sense of her nervousness the speed with which the end of her tail was twirling.

At last there was Euglena, right next to her. She could see the Coatl slow down slightly and take a deep breath, and then--

"GO TEAM CASTLE CLOWDER CROWD!"

As the cry rang out Djalkava could feel her body get reinvigorated, and with a shout she sped along those last few dozen meters, feeling her teammates right beside her--

She was still running a good ten seconds until the cheering finally registered.

They'd won.

Out of breath and blinking rapidly, Djalkava watched with some shock as Team Etiquette whooshed across the finish line mere seconds later.

They'd actually won.

The shock turned into elation just as quick; Plotl was making small trilling sounds of glee against her chest, their temperature dropping to a blissfull cool after all that running. Euglena was darting around with joy, and Djalkava could feel her heart grow two sizes as she looked at her team, adrenaline taking over as she took to the sky to fly dizzying patterns around them.

"You guys were all amazing! Euglena, you won us the race there at the end! Carreño, your spectral Spiral is so impressive, I almost tripped because I was admiring it! And Temeraire, we could never have done it without you always having our back!"

She finally landed again, panting slightly, eyes bright. "I've always travelled alone, I never knew that doing something like this in a group could be so much fun!" An idea struck her. "Hey, I've been planning a marathon flight from the Ashfall Waste to the Southern Icefield--you guys should totally join me!"

@Magmish @Salixian @Eialyne

(and with that, the three dragons instantly wished they'd never teamed up with Djalkava :')

Seriously though you guys were incredible <3 Would absolutely LOVE to do something like this again, feel free to reach out if there's ever a team-up needed for an event :D GO TEAM o/

And congrats to Team Etiquette as well, and to all Teams, really, you made this so much fun and a real challenge :)
(and thanks to our RNG overlords as well naturally, someone note down to exalt some fodder in their honour)

And the biggest thanks to @Jeevas for running all this in the first place, this had to have been a lot of work <3
~~ Call me Beato!
MUYNhfy.png
v2PJF9u.png
Aswnqzl.png

FObX7rS.png
7UXlQKU.gif
WyzHFF3.gif glnLzx2.gif WyzHFF3.gif wtae0IEm_o.pngxb40JV1.png
Woo, second place, that's fantastic! Congratulations to Team Castle on first place!

Thanks to you, @BrutusCourt for always doing the math each day for us, and thanks to @Jeevas for hosting!
Woo, second place, that's fantastic! Congratulations to Team Castle on first place!

Thanks to you, @BrutusCourt for always doing the math each day for us, and thanks to @Jeevas for hosting!
Gr7tY6Q.gif
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/26008391][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/260084/26008391_350.png[/img][/url][/center] As Team Castle crossed the line, Carreño scooped up all of her kitty companions and gave them all big hugs, "We did it! We won the Royal Race!" She continues to holler her excitement as she bounds around the tarp with the light her and her team spent the last week racing across the Light Flight's territory. She then sets all the cats down before rushing over to her teammates to also give them a big Spiral hug. "Wow, this was so fuuuuuuuun! I had a blast!! We should totally do this again!" As Djalkava spoke to the team, Carreño turns to her saying, "I would love to join the marathon with you!!" despite the fact that her lithe body most likely can't handle the grueling long distance race across harsh landscapes. But, that didn't stop her impulse to say yes to any new notion thrown at her. Carreño then takes the time to thank everyone on the team and also the other teams in Heat B. "Thank you everyone for being awesome sports, I had a blast and I hope everyone else did as well!" Carreño then joins the rest of Team Castle Clowder Crowd on the stage for the victory ceremony, the cats following closely behind her. [center]-----------------------------------[/center] [center]@Eialyne @Magmish @Beatoriche[/center] Sorry for the late post, but I want to thank you guys for joining the team and strategizing with me. I had a blast and I hope you did as well! I'm down to do other events with you guys in the future, hit me up if you find one! I'm also going to add a huge thanks to @Jeevas for coordinating this event! I know how much you worked on and updated it. You did an amazing job!! I hope you get that much deserved rest now.
26008391_350.png

As Team Castle crossed the line, Carreño scooped up all of her kitty companions and gave them all big hugs, "We did it! We won the Royal Race!" She continues to
holler her excitement as she bounds around the tarp with the light her and her team spent the last week racing across the Light Flight's territory.

She then sets all the cats down before rushing over to her teammates to also give them a big Spiral hug. "Wow, this was so fuuuuuuuun! I had a blast!! We should totally do this again!"

As Djalkava spoke to the team, Carreño turns to her saying, "I would love to join the marathon with you!!" despite the fact that her lithe body most likely can't handle the grueling long distance race across harsh landscapes. But, that didn't stop her impulse to say yes to any new notion thrown at her.

Carreño then takes the time to thank everyone on the team and also the other teams in Heat B. "Thank you everyone for being awesome sports, I had a blast and I hope everyone else did as well!"

Carreño then joins the rest of Team Castle Clowder Crowd on the stage for the victory ceremony, the cats following closely behind her.

Sorry for the late post, but I want to thank you guys for joining the team and strategizing with me. I had a blast and I hope you did as well! I'm down to do other events with you guys in the future, hit me up if you find one!

I'm also going to add a huge thanks to @Jeevas for coordinating this event! I know how much you worked on and updated it. You did an amazing job!!
I hope you get that much deserved rest now.

@Beatoriche @Salixian Euglena would be delighted to go on this marathon flight! From the Ashfall Waste to the Southern Icefield, it just sounds so exciting!! Her Coatl siblings might even want to tag along to see the Ashfall Waste, but will likely head home after. She has never been to Southern Icefield, how cold is it? Should she bundle up? She still envies Djalkava's axolotl plush, it looks sooooo comfy. Maybe a Bookworm Plushie will help fend off the cold! [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75157001][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/751571/75157001_350.png[/img][/url] Hmmm, maybe not.[/center] ------ This is so late, omg. I wanted to wait till I had enough time to RP, but I just can't roleplay long right now adhkfjnvm./a. All my creativity has left the building (burnout from work bleh). No need to reply back [emoji=familiar heart size=1] and have a wonderful July everyone!!
@Beatoriche @Salixian

Euglena would be delighted to go on this marathon flight!
From the Ashfall Waste to the Southern Icefield, it just sounds so exciting!!

Her Coatl siblings might even want to tag along to see the Ashfall Waste, but will likely head home after.

She has never been to Southern Icefield, how cold is it? Should she bundle up?
She still envies Djalkava's axolotl plush, it looks sooooo comfy.

Maybe a Bookworm Plushie will help fend off the cold!
75157001_350.png
Hmmm, maybe not.

This is so late, omg. I wanted to wait till I had enough time to RP, but I just can't roleplay long right now adhkfjnvm./a. All my creativity has left the building (burnout from work bleh).

No need to reply back and have a wonderful July everyone!!
85074958.png
UIuKM01.png
YMPbu9R.png
HxcMlGn.png
JvUa9ma.png
hOwQuFI.png

FObX7rS.png
2634384.png LWTq9T9.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7