Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [BSJ '22] Royal Races - Heat B
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77739126][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/777392/77739126_350.png[/img][/url] Boundless knew the standings, but she was not discouraged. She knew that if they tried hard enough, there was still a chance of them winning. She looked around at the current rolls. They got a good rolling, but so did some of the other teams. They needed to throw someone off their tails. (@hyddenchyld @Starefaba @Kothra I'm no good at stratagizing LOL I found that out soon enough but I think Bogsneak? Also I'll try to make a Discord account if we need to talk there!)
77739126_350.png
Boundless knew the standings, but she was not discouraged. She knew that if they tried hard enough, there was still a chance of them winning.
She looked around at the current rolls. They got a good rolling, but so did some of the other teams. They needed to throw someone off their tails.
(@hyddenchyld @Starefaba @Kothra I'm no good at stratagizing LOL I found that out soon enough but I think Bogsneak? Also I'll try to make a Discord account if we need to talk there!)
hu72dVR.png
@Jeevas hi, just a quick heads up that I literally just rolled out of bed and rushed to vote Nocturne since I hadn't planned to sleep this long (body pls), and only now reading next day's post am I seeing that the cut-off time is 1900 FRT, which is ofc only logical. But yeah I'd already voted Nocturne before that, so that vote would have registered for today, so idk if you can still erase that somehow? Sorry for the trouble, derp, I'll be more careful in the future :')
@Jeevas hi, just a quick heads up that I literally just rolled out of bed and rushed to vote Nocturne since I hadn't planned to sleep this long (body pls), and only now reading next day's post am I seeing that the cut-off time is 1900 FRT, which is ofc only logical. But yeah I'd already voted Nocturne before that, so that vote would have registered for today, so idk if you can still erase that somehow? Sorry for the trouble, derp, I'll be more careful in the future :')
~~ Call me Beato!
MUYNhfy.png
v2PJF9u.png
Aswnqzl.png

FObX7rS.png
7UXlQKU.gif
WyzHFF3.gif glnLzx2.gif WyzHFF3.gif wtae0IEm_o.pngxb40JV1.png
@Beatoriche You can vote before rollover! I count votes from when I upload that round's rolls. So it still counts!
@Beatoriche You can vote before rollover! I count votes from when I upload that round's rolls. So it still counts!
XZHBdwO.gif___Oh5fgzz.png___UjPne50.gif
[center][b]Round 2/7: Team Castle Clowder Crowd[/b] On record they are officially Team Castle which Euglena likes a lot (it reminds her of the chess move, castling!), but she also likes Clowder Crowd so she decided to combine the two. There are other potential good names. Like Team Castle Cats or Team Calico Cloud Chasers? So many possible combinations!! She was too distracted by her thoughts and unfortunately ran at a slower pace this time. She scolded herself, no doubt her siblings will lord this over her head! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75157001][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/751571/75157001_350.png[/img][/url] Euglena's wings drooped when she saw they were currently in last of the Race Standings. Though technically they seem to be tied with Team Ambrosia. On the plus side, there are still many more Rounds to go! They have plenty of time to catch up. [/center] ------ It's sooooo warm here and I can't focus, but seems like we can use anyone except Euglena. I've literally been reading the same line like 5 times now xDXD [s]Will hopefully figure out something soon in the morning.[/s] @Salixian @Eialyne @Beatoriche So I tried, am still discordless. Tragic. Doesn't help that my laptop gets easily overheated. :( Honestly whatever works best for the three of you, you should do it! Follow your instincts. [i]Follow your heart.[/i] I'm so tired. During the Boat Race, I posted daily info/suggestions for the team (and everyone else LOL. cringe.) to look at. But I can’t do it this time, I will be out for most of the day throughout this week either for work or volunteer reasons, and I need my rest. Also I'm just too lazy to make it look decent. xD I will do my best to check in at least in morning, maybe during my break and before 7 PM. [center]Tossed some of my ramblings onto the thing, feel free to discuss and suggest an ability we should use. Cheers, and apologies if there are any errors/misunderstandings. [size=4]Don't stress too much with the decision.[/size][/center]
Round 2/7: Team Castle Clowder Crowd

On record they are officially Team Castle which Euglena likes a lot (it reminds her of the chess move, castling!), but she also likes Clowder Crowd so she decided to combine the two.
There are other potential good names.
Like Team Castle Cats or Team Calico Cloud Chasers?
So many possible combinations!!

She was too distracted by her thoughts and unfortunately ran at a slower pace this time.
She scolded herself, no doubt her siblings will lord this over her head!

75157001_350.png

Euglena's wings drooped when she saw they were currently in last of the Race Standings. Though technically they seem to be tied with Team Ambrosia.

On the plus side, there are still many more Rounds to go!
They have plenty of time to catch up.

It's sooooo warm here and I can't focus, but seems like we can use anyone except Euglena. I've literally been reading the same line like 5 times now xDXD
Will hopefully figure out something soon in the morning.

@Salixian @Eialyne @Beatoriche
So I tried, am still discordless. Tragic.
Doesn't help that my laptop gets easily overheated. :(
Honestly whatever works best for the three of you, you should do it! Follow your instincts. Follow your heart. I'm so tired.

During the Boat Race, I posted daily info/suggestions for the team (and everyone else LOL. cringe.) to look at. But I can’t do it this time, I will be out for most of the day throughout this week either for work or volunteer reasons, and I need my rest. Also I'm just too lazy to make it look decent. xD

I will do my best to check in at least in morning, maybe during my break and before 7 PM.
Tossed some of my ramblings onto the thing,
feel free to discuss and suggest an ability we should use.
Cheers, and apologies if there are any errors/misunderstandings.

Don't stress too much with the decision.
85074958.png
UIuKM01.png
YMPbu9R.png
HxcMlGn.png
JvUa9ma.png
hOwQuFI.png

FObX7rS.png
2634384.png LWTq9T9.png
Hi @Jeevas my team has some questions about how abilities work :D

Question 1:
For abilities that are based on/affect teams who are first in the race standings, like Bogsneak, Spiral, and Imperial, does this mean first from the previous round, or first from the previous round + this round’s roll totals?

In this case, if it’s first team based on the previous round, it would be Team D and Team F tied for 1st and 2nd, but if we add the round 2 rolls, I believe it’s Team F in first with Team A second?

Question 2:
For abilities based on “teams ahead in race” like Tundra and Coatl, same question as number one, does it count you ahead based on the round 1 rankings, the round 1 rank+ round 2 rolls, or just the rolls for round 2?

Question 3: In cases with ties for 1st, which team gets affected by abilities?

Question 4: For Skydancer and obelisk that are based on round totals, I’m thinking it’s based on just the rolls for this round, round 2? Just wanted to confirm :D

Thanks so much! We’re all pretty new to this :))

@Crollafire @DrPotato @cloudfrog (asked our questions!)

Hi @Jeevas my team has some questions about how abilities work :D

Question 1:
For abilities that are based on/affect teams who are first in the race standings, like Bogsneak, Spiral, and Imperial, does this mean first from the previous round, or first from the previous round + this round’s roll totals?

In this case, if it’s first team based on the previous round, it would be Team D and Team F tied for 1st and 2nd, but if we add the round 2 rolls, I believe it’s Team F in first with Team A second?

Question 2:
For abilities based on “teams ahead in race” like Tundra and Coatl, same question as number one, does it count you ahead based on the round 1 rankings, the round 1 rank+ round 2 rolls, or just the rolls for round 2?

Question 3: In cases with ties for 1st, which team gets affected by abilities?

Question 4: For Skydancer and obelisk that are based on round totals, I’m thinking it’s based on just the rolls for this round, round 2? Just wanted to confirm :D

Thanks so much! We’re all pretty new to this :))

@Crollafire @DrPotato @cloudfrog (asked our questions!)

52249888457_5a6794a42c.jpg
@MeowyJr

Questions 1 and 2: Any ability that deals with “standings” refers to team placements before the current round’s rolls.

Question 3: there are no true ties. Only one team can occupy a standing at a time. The term “tie” in these races only refers to two teams having moved the same number of spaces. As far as abilities are concerned, the race standings as of last round are what matter. (Also, should there be a “tie,” the previous standing holder gets to keep their standing. The new team who had just gained spaces to catch up to the old standing holder claims the standing below that)

Question 4: Yes, all round total-based abilities only refer to the roll totals. Though I’ll admit that things get a bit confusing when you have Skydancers multiple Obelisks going in the same round. I’ve decided to allow Obelisk abilities to stack with each other. That being, that the second Obelisk to go will gain one more space than the first Obelisk.

I’m headed to bed but if you have any other questions, I’ll get to them in the morning!
@MeowyJr

Questions 1 and 2: Any ability that deals with “standings” refers to team placements before the current round’s rolls.

Question 3: there are no true ties. Only one team can occupy a standing at a time. The term “tie” in these races only refers to two teams having moved the same number of spaces. As far as abilities are concerned, the race standings as of last round are what matter. (Also, should there be a “tie,” the previous standing holder gets to keep their standing. The new team who had just gained spaces to catch up to the old standing holder claims the standing below that)

Question 4: Yes, all round total-based abilities only refer to the roll totals. Though I’ll admit that things get a bit confusing when you have Skydancers multiple Obelisks going in the same round. I’ve decided to allow Obelisk abilities to stack with each other. That being, that the second Obelisk to go will gain one more space than the first Obelisk.

I’m headed to bed but if you have any other questions, I’ll get to them in the morning!
XZHBdwO.gif___Oh5fgzz.png___UjPne50.gif
@BrutusCourt @Presscott @Jellitan would you mind if we communicate via discord or DM's, I did some research and I feel like I have a really good idea but I'm not sure how easily holes could be poked in it.))

Telora huffed as she continued to run. She gave a grunt as a side stitch spasmed across her ribcage. She must've gotten out of shape while she was an advisor, what a disgrace for a wild claw. Still, hearing her teammates gave her some small reinvigoration. She wouldn't give up now! They were at least in 3rd place, after all.
@BrutusCourt @Presscott @Jellitan would you mind if we communicate via discord or DM's, I did some research and I feel like I have a really good idea but I'm not sure how easily holes could be poked in it.))

Telora huffed as she continued to run. She gave a grunt as a side stitch spasmed across her ribcage. She must've gotten out of shape while she was an advisor, what a disgrace for a wild claw. Still, hearing her teammates gave her some small reinvigoration. She wouldn't give up now! They were at least in 3rd place, after all.
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77615047][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/776151/77615047_350.png[/img][/url] "POSSUM POSSUM", screeched Possumeater as he rallied his team closer to the prize possum
77615047_350.png
"POSSUM POSSUM", screeched Possumeater as he rallied his team closer to the prize possum
ribbit ribbit!!
@StormDragon We got in second place for this round by 3 points. My Skydancer's ability won't be very useful, since we got an okayish role. We should save Mystical's ability for when we get a terrible role, so I think it'd be best if we used it if we got 8 or less, and we are currently in 4th place total. We'll probably need something for getting ahead. Your Coatl won't be very useful until we are far ahead, because teams A and C (Who are behind us) don't have a lightning dragon. The Spiral seems like it would be handy, since we can gain 4 spaces and take away 8 from the first place team. That will bump us up at least to 3rd I think. The Imperial for now is a little useless, and we should use that if we are in 5th or 6th place.
@StormDragon We got in second place for this round by 3 points. My Skydancer's ability won't be very useful, since we got an okayish role. We should save Mystical's ability for when we get a terrible role, so I think it'd be best if we used it if we got 8 or less, and we are currently in 4th place total. We'll probably need something for getting ahead. Your Coatl won't be very useful until we are far ahead, because teams A and C (Who are behind us) don't have a lightning dragon. The Spiral seems like it would be handy, since we can gain 4 spaces and take away 8 from the first place team. That will bump us up at least to 3rd I think. The Imperial for now is a little useless, and we should use that if we are in 5th or 6th place.
mctEJP5.png
Wyvern /\ FR+3
Any pronouns but it/its

>If I made the thread, I'm subbed!
>Feel free to ping me, I don't mind!
snowy_owlynx.pngguardian_foo.png snowsquall_floracat.png
Noticing how far behind he had fallen, Scy picked up his pace, temporarily refraining from using his typical cautionary movements. Hearing his teammates calling, he was adamant about pushing himself to his limits - for better, or for worse...

(@Askurasaki @Jelllitan @BrutusCourt I don't really use discord, but I'm happy to receive DM's!)
Noticing how far behind he had fallen, Scy picked up his pace, temporarily refraining from using his typical cautionary movements. Hearing his teammates calling, he was adamant about pushing himself to his limits - for better, or for worse...

(@Askurasaki @Jelllitan @BrutusCourt I don't really use discord, but I'm happy to receive DM's!)
Gr7tY6Q.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7