Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [PinkerLocke] Foglands Abandon
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[center][size=7][b]DAY 10[/b][/size] [item=Ice Crystal] [i]Material: Writing[/i][/center] ----- [quote name="Author's Note"]More writing! I will be updating this post probably tomorrow with a story as I am preparing to have a session 0 with my dnd friends today and might not have time to write anything. I'll reshoot the pings when the story is up![/quote] [center][size=1]Pinglist: @cartographic @Drachenschwinge @Folktale[/size][/center] ----- "C'mon, jump! Flap those wings!" Ganza was encouraging the newest addition to the group, standing in the downward-dog pose with his head on the ground while Kyle held a butterfly up over the hatchling's head. The small Nocturne was making hungry churrs, wiggling his rear like a cat before doing a pitifully small jump towards the treat. Ganza lifted his own wings, trying to show the Nocturne how to do it. "Like this! Flap your wings and you'll fly!" Banner gave an annoyed snort before trying again, clumsily fluttering his wings without managing to lift his feet from the cave floor. Kyle waggled the butterfly over his head, trying to make its own wings flap without tearing them, "Come on, flying is the one thing I can't substitute! Well, not yet at least." After a few more failed attempts, Angelica glided over from the cave entrance where she had been waiting for Moss to return from his hunting trip, smiling to Banner as she showed him how she flew. "Like this, Banner! Stretch 'em alllll the way out, then flap!" Banner watched her, then scrunched his snout up with focus as he tried to do it himself. Spreading his wings, he jumped up before flapping them as hard and fast as he could, squeezing his eyes shut. Slowly, he started to lift off the ground, Ganza sliding his head forward as he happily encouraged him, "Yes! You're doing it! You're doing it!!" Banner couldn't see when he was close to the butterfly Kyle was holding, so when he next opened his mouth, the Wildclaw shoved in the reward, startling the Noc enough to interrupt his efforts! He fell onto Ganza's face, clinging to his horns as the Banescale laughed. "Great job! Now you gotta learn how to keep your eyes open too!"
DAY 10
Ice Crystal
Material: Writing

Author's Note wrote:
More writing! I will be updating this post probably tomorrow with a story as I am preparing to have a session 0 with my dnd friends today and might not have time to write anything. I'll reshoot the pings when the story is up!

"C'mon, jump! Flap those wings!" Ganza was encouraging the newest addition to the group, standing in the downward-dog pose with his head on the ground while Kyle held a butterfly up over the hatchling's head. The small Nocturne was making hungry churrs, wiggling his rear like a cat before doing a pitifully small jump towards the treat. Ganza lifted his own wings, trying to show the Nocturne how to do it. "Like this! Flap your wings and you'll fly!"

Banner gave an annoyed snort before trying again, clumsily fluttering his wings without managing to lift his feet from the cave floor. Kyle waggled the butterfly over his head, trying to make its own wings flap without tearing them, "Come on, flying is the one thing I can't substitute! Well, not yet at least."

After a few more failed attempts, Angelica glided over from the cave entrance where she had been waiting for Moss to return from his hunting trip, smiling to Banner as she showed him how she flew. "Like this, Banner! Stretch 'em alllll the way out, then flap!"

Banner watched her, then scrunched his snout up with focus as he tried to do it himself. Spreading his wings, he jumped up before flapping them as hard and fast as he could, squeezing his eyes shut. Slowly, he started to lift off the ground, Ganza sliding his head forward as he happily encouraged him, "Yes! You're doing it! You're doing it!!"

Banner couldn't see when he was close to the butterfly Kyle was holding, so when he next opened his mouth, the Wildclaw shoved in the reward, startling the Noc enough to interrupt his efforts! He fell onto Ganza's face, clinging to his horns as the Banescale laughed.

"Great job! Now you gotta learn how to keep your eyes open too!"
LJfZA40.png
tyEuRXe.png
J7D1quC.png
5klLPDf.png
Sales Thread
Gen 1 Adoption
Tailwind Services (leveling/brewing&more)
Project Tracker
[center][size=7][b]DAY 11[/b][/size] [item=Showy Bells] [i]Trinket: Art[/i][/center] ----- [quote name="Author's Note"]Art time again! still looking for my stylus so I'm probably just going to draw something in my sketchbook instead. Not ideal but its all I can do. I'm gonna give this art for Poda since I really want to draw a multi-eyed boy. Like with the last artwork, I'll ping everyone when I finally do it! also wrote day 10 story[/quote] [center][size=1]Pinglist: @cartographic @Drachenschwinge @Folktale[/size][/center] -----
DAY 11
Showy Bells
Trinket: Art

Author's Note wrote:
Art time again! still looking for my stylus so I'm probably just going to draw something in my sketchbook instead. Not ideal but its all I can do. I'm gonna give this art for Poda since I really want to draw a multi-eyed boy. Like with the last artwork, I'll ping everyone when I finally do it!

also wrote day 10 story

LJfZA40.png
tyEuRXe.png
J7D1quC.png
5klLPDf.png
Sales Thread
Gen 1 Adoption
Project Tracker
[center][size=7][b]DAY 12[/b][/size] [item=Pearl Silkworm] [i]Insects: 20-30[/i][/center] ----- [quote name="Author's Note"]back to the grind! Did 30 matches with Moss up front and Ganza and Angelica helping out. Put Aid on Angelica with plans to make her more support focused. All three are level 5 now.[/quote] [center][size=1]Pinglist: @cartographic @Drachenschwinge @Folktale[/size][/center] -----
DAY 12
Pearl Silkworm
Insects: 20-30

Author's Note wrote:
back to the grind! Did 30 matches with Moss up front and Ganza and Angelica helping out. Put Aid on Angelica with plans to make her more support focused. All three are level 5 now.

LJfZA40.png
tyEuRXe.png
J7D1quC.png
5klLPDf.png
Sales Thread
Gen 1 Adoption
Project Tracker
[center][size=7][b]DAY 13[/b][/size] [item=Berserker ] [i]Battle Stone: Death Streak!![/i][/center] ----- [quote name="Author's Note"]Of course, the first time I draw a battle stone, I get a death streak from the coin flip. Randomly generated the team of Moss, Ganza, and Kyle to fight the Woodland path. all fighters, no healer, so I'm hoping my health potions will be enough... so, first battle, Kyle nearly died to a crit nature bolt from a flytrap. Thank goodness I had the health potions! We made it through, this time! [/quote] [center][size=1]pinglist: @cartographic @Drachenschwinge @Folktale[/size][/center] -----
DAY 13
Berserker
Battle Stone: Death Streak!!

Author's Note wrote:
Of course, the first time I draw a battle stone, I get a death streak from the coin flip. Randomly generated the team of Moss, Ganza, and Kyle to fight the Woodland path. all fighters, no healer, so I'm hoping my health potions will be enough...

so, first battle, Kyle nearly died to a crit nature bolt from a flytrap. Thank goodness I had the health potions! We made it through, this time!

LJfZA40.png
tyEuRXe.png
J7D1quC.png
5klLPDf.png
Sales Thread
Gen 1 Adoption
Project Tracker
[center][size=7][b]DAY 14[/b][/size] [item=Dusty Cicada ] [i]Insect: 20-30 Matches[/i][/center] ----- [quote name="Author's Note"]more grinding! Banner needs a few levels so taking him, Poda, and Kyle to the Training fields. It was pretty easy so nothing major to report. I have a lot to do irl today so no writing update. I promise to do one tomorrow! [/quote] [center][size=1]pinglist: @cartographic @Drachenschwinge @Folktale[/size][/center] -----
DAY 14
Dusty Cicada
Insect: 20-30 Matches

Author's Note wrote:
more grinding! Banner needs a few levels so taking him, Poda, and Kyle to the Training fields. It was pretty easy so nothing major to report. I have a lot to do irl today so no writing update. I promise to do one tomorrow!

LJfZA40.png
tyEuRXe.png
J7D1quC.png
5klLPDf.png
Sales Thread
Gen 1 Adoption
Project Tracker
@cartographic @Drachenschwinge @Folktale
Another apparel pull! Once again my exalt row tab is open for any trades! I’ll be check for any offers at FR 14:00 so if I don’t have any by then, I’ll toss something into the give/get threads like last time. Also, if you want any of the Gen1s in my Foster Care tab, feel free to ask for one of those for the trade instead, as I’m giving them away anyways.

Edit: Drachenschwinge Was first this time! Thank you for the trade!
@cartographic @Drachenschwinge @Folktale
Another apparel pull! Once again my exalt row tab is open for any trades! I’ll be check for any offers at FR 14:00 so if I don’t have any by then, I’ll toss something into the give/get threads like last time. Also, if you want any of the Gen1s in my Foster Care tab, feel free to ask for one of those for the trade instead, as I’m giving them away anyways.

Edit: Drachenschwinge Was first this time! Thank you for the trade!
LJfZA40.png
tyEuRXe.png
J7D1quC.png
5klLPDf.png
Sales Thread
Gen 1 Adoption
Project Tracker
[center][size=7][b]DAY 15[/b][/size] [item=Buttercup Lace Ribbons] [i]Apparel: Egg hatch/Dragon trade[/i][/center] ----- [quote name="Author's Note"]Thank you Drachenschwinge for trading with me! Lets see how to the crew feel about the newest member! [/quote] [center][size=1]pinglist: @cartographic @Drachenschwinge @Folktale[/size][/center] ----- The crew had started to hit a sort of rhythm, following their assigned duties with Moss acting as leader. Every day, Moss would go out hunting/scouting, occasionally taking two of the adults with him to teach them how to fight. He did once have Kyle be the leader of a hunting party, teaching Angelica and the newly mature Banner how to fight while Moss went on his own to scout the area. By this point, everyone had taken a turn in the hunting party and knew at least a little about combat. Moss didn't seem any happier though, despite the optimism Angelica was constantly radiating. She didn't understand the issue with being trapped in this strange, misty realm, probably because its all she's known. Moss couldn't stand it, though, and he was desperate for an escape. Though Ganza and Kyle knew what it was like outside of this Fogland, they seemed easily swept up into Angelica's upbeat attitude. Kyle was constantly tinkering with what little they had found and gathered, showing off the useless contraptions he insisted were useful. Ganza was still a coward, but at least he wasn't a whiny mess when the young ones were chatting with him. If it weren't for his quills, Moss was sure the crybaby would have been killed a long time ago. Today, Moss had decided to go out solo, leaving the group with instructions to fortify the den and find better nesting materials (all they had were twigs and itchy leaves). He was determined to find something...anything to help them find an escape. Without anyone else to slow him down, he ventured further and further into the forest, leaving scratches in the trees to mark his path back. He didn't fully realize how far he had gone until he noticed that this area of the forest was darker than the rest. He could barely see more than a few meters ahead of him. It wasn't like it was nighttime, as there had never been any indication of day or night before. Moss was on edge, searching for his marks to lead him out of this strange, shadowy section. [i]Snap![/i] The Wildclaw nearly jumped out of his scales at the sudden sound of a twig snap. He froze, listening to determine where the creature was. It had to be a monster... A subtle sound cloth fluttering...the clatter of bones... A chilling sigh dangerously close to his ear. Moss was shaking, more terrified than he had ever been before. He felt like he knew what it was. He knew it was for him. A creature here to punish him for his sins. He swore he could hear words in the breath. [i]Nestbreaker... Thief...[/i] It was a reaper, an angel of judgement, some tormentor that was here to punish him. He wanted to run, but his legs wouldn't move. He was frozen, waiting for the phantom to move ever closer. He could sense its boney claws closing in on him. He would die here...He closed his eyes and found himself thinking only about the two Nocs left back at the den. Would they survive without him? Would they be safe? Suddenly the sound of something crashing through the branches and rustling leaves startled him into action, taking off in a run! He had no idea where he was going, as long as it was away from the freezing grasp of death. He dodged trees and leaped over bushes, hoping he was running towards the den and not further into the shadows, when [i]BAM![/i] He crashed into something- no, some[b]one[/b], tumbling over them in a tangle of flapping wings and loose branches. When he finally came to a stop, he looked up to find himself face to face with another dragon; a Skydancer! [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74878570][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/748786/74878570_350.png[/img][/url][/center] "Oh! Hello! I'm sorry, I was flying through the volcanic vents and accidentally flew into a smoke plume. I thought I had gone blind! I have no idea how I ended up in a forest. Perhaps you-" "Shh! Keep your voice down!" Moss was quick to silence the chatty dragon, grabbing his snout to shut him up. "There's something hunting me here. I left a trail to get us out of here, but I lost it. We need to find the trees I scratched if we want to get out of here alive, got it?" The Skydancer blinked, but nodded, shuffling to regain his bearings and get back on his feet. "Very well. I'm Inkmist, by the-" "Moss. Now shut up and look!" Inkmist huffed in annoyance as he was interrupted, but did as he was told. The two kept low as they searched, Inkmist being the first to spot a tree with a scratch in its bark, "This the one?" "Looks like it." Moss knew it could have been the monster that was lurking, but it was the only chance he had. The two followed the marks until they reached a point where they could finally see the forest around them. Moss sighed in relief, glancing back towards the shadowing forest. Strangely, it looked no different to the rest of the forest from the outside. Before leaving, he carved a warning into the tree, not wanting to stumble into that hellhole ever again. "What a relief! Now, would you mind telling me where we are?" "Well, we're not safe yet. Keep quiet until we get to the den, then I'll tell you what I know. It ain't much, though, so don't get your hopes up."
DAY 15
Buttercup Lace Ribbons
Apparel: Egg hatch/Dragon trade

Author's Note wrote:
Thank you Drachenschwinge for trading with me! Lets see how to the crew feel about the newest member!

The crew had started to hit a sort of rhythm, following their assigned duties with Moss acting as leader. Every day, Moss would go out hunting/scouting, occasionally taking two of the adults with him to teach them how to fight. He did once have Kyle be the leader of a hunting party, teaching Angelica and the newly mature Banner how to fight while Moss went on his own to scout the area. By this point, everyone had taken a turn in the hunting party and knew at least a little about combat. Moss didn't seem any happier though, despite the optimism Angelica was constantly radiating. She didn't understand the issue with being trapped in this strange, misty realm, probably because its all she's known. Moss couldn't stand it, though, and he was desperate for an escape.

Though Ganza and Kyle knew what it was like outside of this Fogland, they seemed easily swept up into Angelica's upbeat attitude. Kyle was constantly tinkering with what little they had found and gathered, showing off the useless contraptions he insisted were useful. Ganza was still a coward, but at least he wasn't a whiny mess when the young ones were chatting with him. If it weren't for his quills, Moss was sure the crybaby would have been killed a long time ago.

Today, Moss had decided to go out solo, leaving the group with instructions to fortify the den and find better nesting materials (all they had were twigs and itchy leaves). He was determined to find something...anything to help them find an escape. Without anyone else to slow him down, he ventured further and further into the forest, leaving scratches in the trees to mark his path back. He didn't fully realize how far he had gone until he noticed that this area of the forest was darker than the rest. He could barely see more than a few meters ahead of him. It wasn't like it was nighttime, as there had never been any indication of day or night before. Moss was on edge, searching for his marks to lead him out of this strange, shadowy section.

Snap!

The Wildclaw nearly jumped out of his scales at the sudden sound of a twig snap. He froze, listening to determine where the creature was. It had to be a monster...

A subtle sound cloth fluttering...the clatter of bones...

A chilling sigh dangerously close to his ear.

Moss was shaking, more terrified than he had ever been before. He felt like he knew what it was. He knew it was for him. A creature here to punish him for his sins. He swore he could hear words in the breath.

Nestbreaker...

Thief...

It was a reaper, an angel of judgement, some tormentor that was here to punish him. He wanted to run, but his legs wouldn't move. He was frozen, waiting for the phantom to move ever closer. He could sense its boney claws closing in on him. He would die here...He closed his eyes and found himself thinking only about the two Nocs left back at the den. Would they survive without him? Would they be safe?

Suddenly the sound of something crashing through the branches and rustling leaves startled him into action, taking off in a run! He had no idea where he was going, as long as it was away from the freezing grasp of death. He dodged trees and leaped over bushes, hoping he was running towards the den and not further into the shadows, when BAM! He crashed into something- no, someone, tumbling over them in a tangle of flapping wings and loose branches. When he finally came to a stop, he looked up to find himself face to face with another dragon; a Skydancer!
74878570_350.png

"Oh! Hello! I'm sorry, I was flying through the volcanic vents and accidentally flew into a smoke plume. I thought I had gone blind! I have no idea how I ended up in a forest. Perhaps you-"

"Shh! Keep your voice down!" Moss was quick to silence the chatty dragon, grabbing his snout to shut him up. "There's something hunting me here. I left a trail to get us out of here, but I lost it. We need to find the trees I scratched if we want to get out of here alive, got it?"

The Skydancer blinked, but nodded, shuffling to regain his bearings and get back on his feet. "Very well. I'm Inkmist, by the-"

"Moss. Now shut up and look!"

Inkmist huffed in annoyance as he was interrupted, but did as he was told. The two kept low as they searched, Inkmist being the first to spot a tree with a scratch in its bark, "This the one?"

"Looks like it." Moss knew it could have been the monster that was lurking, but it was the only chance he had. The two followed the marks until they reached a point where they could finally see the forest around them. Moss sighed in relief, glancing back towards the shadowing forest. Strangely, it looked no different to the rest of the forest from the outside. Before leaving, he carved a warning into the tree, not wanting to stumble into that hellhole ever again.

"What a relief! Now, would you mind telling me where we are?"

"Well, we're not safe yet. Keep quiet until we get to the den, then I'll tell you what I know. It ain't much, though, so don't get your hopes up."
LJfZA40.png
tyEuRXe.png
J7D1quC.png
5klLPDf.png
Sales Thread
Gen 1 Adoption
Project Tracker
Another chatty draon to annoy Moss. This really is his personal hell xD I'm amazed at how many apparel items you have pulled in just a few days. Pinkerton seems to be in a good mood [emoji=coatl confused size=1]
Another chatty draon to annoy Moss. This really is his personal hell xD

I'm amazed at how many apparel items you have pulled in just a few days. Pinkerton seems to be in a good mood
2WRv2Ib.jpg

@Drachenschwinge I know right?! I didn't expect the group to grow this fast! I was prepared to have just 3-4 chuckleheads running around for the first month lol
@Drachenschwinge I know right?! I didn't expect the group to grow this fast! I was prepared to have just 3-4 chuckleheads running around for the first month lol
LJfZA40.png
tyEuRXe.png
J7D1quC.png
5klLPDf.png
Sales Thread
Gen 1 Adoption
Project Tracker
pinglist: @cartographic @Drachenschwinge @Folktale
Today is my birthday so I'm going to be busy spending time with my family to celebrate! I did draw a material today, so I am due a bit of writing. I plan to do today's and tomorrow's PinkerLocke draw at the same time so I don't fall behind :)
pinglist: @cartographic @Drachenschwinge @Folktale
Today is my birthday so I'm going to be busy spending time with my family to celebrate! I did draw a material today, so I am due a bit of writing. I plan to do today's and tomorrow's PinkerLocke draw at the same time so I don't fall behind :)
LJfZA40.png
tyEuRXe.png
J7D1quC.png
5klLPDf.png
Sales Thread
Gen 1 Adoption
Project Tracker
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9