Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [PinkerLocke] Foglands Abandon
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[center][size=7][b]PROLOGUE[/b][/size] [/center] ----- The border lands between Dragonhome and the Tangled Wood are a place of contrast. Open, nearly barren land with hardly a tree to interrupt the rocky terrain, cut off by a dense line of thick brambles, vines, and underbrush that mark the edge of the Shadow Flight territory. Normally, there is little to find in this area, save for the occasionally traveller soaring overhead. Today, however, the rapid clicks of a running Wildclaw break the silence, followed by the fierce screech of an angry Nocturne. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74511187][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/745112/74511187_350.png[/img][/url] A dark scaled Wildclaw races across the barren stone of the Earth territory, clutching two eggs in his claws. His eyes dark between the way ahead and the sky, where a furious Nocturne mother gives chase. She gives a screech before unleashing a blast of energy towards him, the Wildclaw just managing to dodge as the attack sends dust flying around him. He was a fast runner, but she was just as fast a flier, and he knew she would outlast him at this rate. The thief looked about desperately, scanning the Tangle Wood boarder for an opening he could slip through. He could not see one amongst the thick wall of brambles, but he did see another option: a crag in the stone held a puddle of dense fog. It was an odd sight in such a dry area, but it was the only hiding place for miles. Kicking up pebbles as his claws skidded against the ground, he turned abruptly into the crag, sliding into the fog as he clutched the eggs close to his chest. Soon he couldn’t see more than armslength away from his face, the stoney wall his only anchor. His heart pounded in his chest as he clutched the wall tensely, waiting for the sound of the Nocturne’s screeches and wingbeasts, as she was surely on his tail. He panted, waiting. His pounding heart was all he could hear. But no other sounds came. Not a screech, nor scraping claws, not even flapping wings. It was oddly quiet… Something wasn’t right. Though he wanted to stay hidden, he couldn’t shake the uneasy feeling that something was very wrong. Cautiously, the dragon awkwardly climbed up from the crag with the eggs pressed against his chest with his other arm, peeking out of the fog. He half-expected to come face-to-face with an angry Nocturne mother, but instead, he was met with an empty, grassy plain. The thief blinked, crawling out of the fog in confusion as he looked around. This wasn’t Dragonhome…where did all the grass come from? Why was there a forest where the brambled wall of the Tangled Wood should be? And why was everything so…bland? It was as if everything had been desaturated and dulled, a mist hanging over the air, blocking out the sky. Was it even still daytime? “Where…?” The Wildclaw’s musing was interrupted by the sudden shriek of a distant creature, shadowy movement catching his eye in the mist. It wasn’t safe here either. He started to back up into the foggy crag only for some massive beast of feathers and protruding bone to lunge at him! He jumped back, narrowly avoiding the monster’s claw as he flapped his wings and lifted off the ground. “What the-?! Forget that!” He was about to fly up further to escape its reach and get a look around, when something above swooped over him, forcing him to drop to the ground to avoid it! He barely caught a glimpse of a scrawny, bird-like creature flying overhead before it disappeared back into the mists above. He didn’t have long to think before the monster in the fog was lunging again, the dragon leaping away before making a run for the trees. He had to assume there were more monsters at every turn, so he needed to find safe shelter and fast. If there was one thing he was good at, it was running. Weaving between trees, he searched for a hollow, or den, or anything that could shield him from view. The mist limited his sight, and where ever he looked, he swore he saw shadowy creatures watching him from the branches. Echoing cries of monsters motivated him, even though he was starting to tire. Finally, he found his sanctuary, a large, partially uprooted tree that had enough space under its roots for him to hide beneath. Folding his wings against his body, he wiggled between the roots, digging the soil with his feet to open the space enough for him to fit in. After a few minutes of work, he had dug a big enough den for him to hide within, packing the loose dirt into the surrounding roots. It would need more work to be fully safe, but he needed a moment to catch his bearings… He looked over to the two eggs he had been carrying, tucked into the back of the freshly dug den. “[i]Gods…What have I fallen into?[/i]” [size=1]pinglist: @cartographic[/size]
PROLOGUE

The border lands between Dragonhome and the Tangled Wood are a place of contrast. Open, nearly barren land with hardly a tree to interrupt the rocky terrain, cut off by a dense line of thick brambles, vines, and underbrush that mark the edge of the Shadow Flight territory. Normally, there is little to find in this area, save for the occasionally traveller soaring overhead. Today, however, the rapid clicks of a running Wildclaw break the silence, followed by the fierce screech of an angry Nocturne.

74511187_350.png

A dark scaled Wildclaw races across the barren stone of the Earth territory, clutching two eggs in his claws. His eyes dark between the way ahead and the sky, where a furious Nocturne mother gives chase. She gives a screech before unleashing a blast of energy towards him, the Wildclaw just managing to dodge as the attack sends dust flying around him. He was a fast runner, but she was just as fast a flier, and he knew she would outlast him at this rate. The thief looked about desperately, scanning the Tangle Wood boarder for an opening he could slip through. He could not see one amongst the thick wall of brambles, but he did see another option: a crag in the stone held a puddle of dense fog. It was an odd sight in such a dry area, but it was the only hiding place for miles. Kicking up pebbles as his claws skidded against the ground, he turned abruptly into the crag, sliding into the fog as he clutched the eggs close to his chest. Soon he couldn’t see more than armslength away from his face, the stoney wall his only anchor. His heart pounded in his chest as he clutched the wall tensely, waiting for the sound of the Nocturne’s screeches and wingbeasts, as she was surely on his tail.

He panted, waiting. His pounding heart was all he could hear. But no other sounds came. Not a screech, nor scraping claws, not even flapping wings. It was oddly quiet… Something wasn’t right.

Though he wanted to stay hidden, he couldn’t shake the uneasy feeling that something was very wrong. Cautiously, the dragon awkwardly climbed up from the crag with the eggs pressed against his chest with his other arm, peeking out of the fog. He half-expected to come face-to-face with an angry Nocturne mother, but instead, he was met with an empty, grassy plain. The thief blinked, crawling out of the fog in confusion as he looked around.

This wasn’t Dragonhome…where did all the grass come from? Why was there a forest where the brambled wall of the Tangled Wood should be? And why was everything so…bland? It was as if everything had been desaturated and dulled, a mist hanging over the air, blocking out the sky. Was it even still daytime?

“Where…?” The Wildclaw’s musing was interrupted by the sudden shriek of a distant creature, shadowy movement catching his eye in the mist. It wasn’t safe here either. He started to back up into the foggy crag only for some massive beast of feathers and protruding bone to lunge at him! He jumped back, narrowly avoiding the monster’s claw as he flapped his wings and lifted off the ground.

“What the-?! Forget that!” He was about to fly up further to escape its reach and get a look around, when something above swooped over him, forcing him to drop to the ground to avoid it! He barely caught a glimpse of a scrawny, bird-like creature flying overhead before it disappeared back into the mists above. He didn’t have long to think before the monster in the fog was lunging again, the dragon leaping away before making a run for the trees. He had to assume there were more monsters at every turn, so he needed to find safe shelter and fast.

If there was one thing he was good at, it was running. Weaving between trees, he searched for a hollow, or den, or anything that could shield him from view. The mist limited his sight, and where ever he looked, he swore he saw shadowy creatures watching him from the branches. Echoing cries of monsters motivated him, even though he was starting to tire. Finally, he found his sanctuary, a large, partially uprooted tree that had enough space under its roots for him to hide beneath. Folding his wings against his body, he wiggled between the roots, digging the soil with his feet to open the space enough for him to fit in. After a few minutes of work, he had dug a big enough den for him to hide within, packing the loose dirt into the surrounding roots. It would need more work to be fully safe, but he needed a moment to catch his bearings… He looked over to the two eggs he had been carrying, tucked into the back of the freshly dug den.

Gods…What have I fallen into?

pinglist: @cartographic
LJfZA40.png
tyEuRXe.png
J7D1quC.png
5klLPDf.png
Sales Thread
Gen 1 Adoption
Tailwind Services (leveling/brewing&more)
Project Tracker
[center][size=7][b]DAY 1[/b][/size] [item=Brilliant Bobtail Squid] [i]Seafood: 30-40 Matches[/i][/center] ----- [quote name="Author's Note"]Well, I needed to level him up anyhow! Since Moss will be soloing the coli for quite a while, I had him start at level 3. I had to stick to the Training Fields, but I went ahead and did the full 40 matches and got him about halfway through level 4. He'll probably have to stick to that venue for another level or two if I don't get any Apparel or Familiars soon. [/quote] [center][size=1]pinglist: @cartographic[/size][/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74511187][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/745112/74511187_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [indent]Moss had finally calmed down from the initial panic that had come over him from today's events. It was supposed to be a quick job. In and out, no one would notice. Obviously he failed on that part, given the earlier chase sequence he had to deal with. Plaguebringer was surely trying to spite him for his crime. Though he doubted she was responsible for the strange phenomenon that brought him to this strange, ethereal realm. Whatever this place was, it wasn't friendly, and he wasn't about to let carelessness get him killed before he found a way out. The den he had dug out was cramped, just barely enough for him to squeeze into without crushing the two eggs he still carried. He decided to spend some time digging it out further and packing the soil into the roots above to make sturdy walls. He would need to go scout out the area soon, and this den would need to be safe enough to leave the eggs here alone... [i]Crack...[/i] The sudden sound caught the Wildclaw's attention, the dragon turning his hed towards the eggs just in time to see them wobble and crack. His eyes widened in panic once more as he raced over, clutching one of the eggs with his hands as if he could keep the shell together. "No! Not now! Anytime but now!" The Wildclaw hissed, frustrated at his worsening luck. The eggs ignored his plea, of course, and within seconds, a shard of shell broke off to reveal the first hatchling's squirming form, followed by a small infantile cry. Sighing in defeat, the older dragon was forced to watch as both eggs hatched before him. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74845777][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/748458/74845777_350.png[/img][/url][/center] The first baby tumbled free from the half-broken shell, her large green eyes blinking up at Moss in with curiosity. Moss couldn't help but look away, feeling guilt for being the one to have taken this child not only from her family's nest, but also to such a hostile place. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74845788][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/748458/74845788_350.png[/img][/url][/center] The brother took a little longer to exit his egg, making noisy chirps and squawks as he spent much longer trying to break away the shell. As he crawled free, Moss couldn't hold back a gasp. The hatchling had eyes running all the way down its sides! He stared at the strange looking Nocturne as its many eyes blinked out of sync, the hatchling vocalizing many complaints as it fumbled about in the dirt, clearly bothering its many eyes on accident. "Of all the Warden's children...I had to get stuck with the one with sensitivity issues..." Moss groaned in annoyance, rubbing his face. "I ain't a babysitter!" Though Moss had no experience with taking care of hatchlings, much less Nocturne hatchlings, he did his best to finish his work while keeping a close eye on the youngsters. Dragons age fast, but even the first day out of the egg is still a time of awkwardness and stupid choices. He tried to impress upon them the importance of staying inside the den, but they barely understood him yet. Now that he had to feed 3 instead of 1, he knew he needed to try and hunt for food sooner rather than later, even if he had some rations on hand. Fashioning a makeshift door from a large section of bark from the tree, he wedged it in front of the opening in and out of the den. That should keep the curious youngsters in, and any dangers out. Hunting was a chore, as nearly every singly thing he ran into tried to kill him. He couldn't recall what Nocturnes ate, so he made sure to take anything that seemed edible. If they didn't want the meat, more for him at least.[/indent]
DAY 1
Brilliant Bobtail Squid
Seafood: 30-40 Matches

Author's Note wrote:
Well, I needed to level him up anyhow! Since Moss will be soloing the coli for quite a while, I had him start at level 3. I had to stick to the Training Fields, but I went ahead and did the full 40 matches and got him about halfway through level 4. He'll probably have to stick to that venue for another level or two if I don't get any Apparel or Familiars soon.
pinglist: @cartographic

74511187_350.png
Moss had finally calmed down from the initial panic that had come over him from today's events. It was supposed to be a quick job. In and out, no one would notice. Obviously he failed on that part, given the earlier chase sequence he had to deal with. Plaguebringer was surely trying to spite him for his crime. Though he doubted she was responsible for the strange phenomenon that brought him to this strange, ethereal realm. Whatever this place was, it wasn't friendly, and he wasn't about to let carelessness get him killed before he found a way out.

The den he had dug out was cramped, just barely enough for him to squeeze into without crushing the two eggs he still carried. He decided to spend some time digging it out further and packing the soil into the roots above to make sturdy walls. He would need to go scout out the area soon, and this den would need to be safe enough to leave the eggs here alone...

Crack...

The sudden sound caught the Wildclaw's attention, the dragon turning his hed towards the eggs just in time to see them wobble and crack. His eyes widened in panic once more as he raced over, clutching one of the eggs with his hands as if he could keep the shell together.

"No! Not now! Anytime but now!" The Wildclaw hissed, frustrated at his worsening luck. The eggs ignored his plea, of course, and within seconds, a shard of shell broke off to reveal the first hatchling's squirming form, followed by a small infantile cry. Sighing in defeat, the older dragon was forced to watch as both eggs hatched before him.
74845777_350.png

The first baby tumbled free from the half-broken shell, her large green eyes blinking up at Moss in with curiosity. Moss couldn't help but look away, feeling guilt for being the one to have taken this child not only from her family's nest, but also to such a hostile place.
74845788_350.png

The brother took a little longer to exit his egg, making noisy chirps and squawks as he spent much longer trying to break away the shell. As he crawled free, Moss couldn't hold back a gasp. The hatchling had eyes running all the way down its sides! He stared at the strange looking Nocturne as its many eyes blinked out of sync, the hatchling vocalizing many complaints as it fumbled about in the dirt, clearly bothering its many eyes on accident.

"Of all the Warden's children...I had to get stuck with the one with sensitivity issues..." Moss groaned in annoyance, rubbing his face. "I ain't a babysitter!"

Though Moss had no experience with taking care of hatchlings, much less Nocturne hatchlings, he did his best to finish his work while keeping a close eye on the youngsters. Dragons age fast, but even the first day out of the egg is still a time of awkwardness and stupid choices. He tried to impress upon them the importance of staying inside the den, but they barely understood him yet. Now that he had to feed 3 instead of 1, he knew he needed to try and hunt for food sooner rather than later, even if he had some rations on hand. Fashioning a makeshift door from a large section of bark from the tree, he wedged it in front of the opening in and out of the den. That should keep the curious youngsters in, and any dangers out.

Hunting was a chore, as nearly every singly thing he ran into tried to kill him. He couldn't recall what Nocturnes ate, so he made sure to take anything that seemed edible. If they didn't want the meat, more for him at least.
LJfZA40.png
tyEuRXe.png
J7D1quC.png
5klLPDf.png
Sales Thread
Gen 1 Adoption
Project Tracker
I really like this so far! Could you put me on your ping list? :)
I really like this so far! Could you put me on your ping list? :)
2WRv2Ib.jpg

@Drachenschwinge added!
@Drachenschwinge added!
LJfZA40.png
tyEuRXe.png
J7D1quC.png
5klLPDf.png
Sales Thread
Gen 1 Adoption
Project Tracker
[center][size=7][b]DAY 2[/b][/size] [item=Blood Acorn] [i]Plants: 10-20 Matches[/i][/center] ----- [quote name="Author's Note"] I foolishly decided to go hardmode for this, since it was only 10 matches. Oooh boy, did I regret that. I used up most of my potions just trying to stay alive! At one point I thought I could finish a dryad off before she could attack and forgot to take into account my reduced damage, so her next attack left me at 2hp. My heart nearly stopped, I thought I was dead! Lesson learned: go easymode until I can get another dragon to help fight... At least Moss is level 5.[/quote] [center][size=1]pinglist: @cartographic @Drachenschwinge[/size][/center] ----- [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/745112/74511187.png[/img][/center] Moss had laid out the various foods he had gathered while scouting. He had ventured far, only fighting when it was a battle he knew he could win, and had collected quite a variety of foods. Not as much meat as he had hoped, but that's what his rations were for. Much to his relief, the hatchlings seemed satisfied with the bugs he offered them, though one did try and take a frog leg from him when he started his own meal. With how scarce meat was, he didn't want to share. He should probably think of names for these little ones...He decided to sleep on it, too tired to think of anything that day. His dreams were not much help, however, as they were wrought with nightmares where he was chased endlessly by shadowy beasts and dragons alike. When he woke, he felt no more rested and couldn't be bothered to come up with names. He tried once again to impress the importance of staying in the den to the hatchlings, and while they seemed to be listening better, occasionally parroting his words, he still wedged the "door" in front of the entrance to ensure their safety. It would be another 4 days before they would be old enough to accompany him, and he would need the help. Today's scouting was a disaster. He tried a new route, hoping to find a larger shelter that could better accommodate both him and the Nocturnes. Not only was this path crawling with more vicious monsters, but his fatigue took more of a toll than he thought. Normally, his nimbleness is his greatest asset, but today, he could barely dodge a single blow that came his way. He was forced to take a more stealthy approach, hiding in the underbrush or running away entirely whenever he spotted the more aggressive ones. He didn't make much progress, neither with gathering food, nor finding a safe shelter. He gave up much sooner this time, going back to the den to lick his wounds.
DAY 2
Blood Acorn
Plants: 10-20 Matches

Author's Note wrote:
I foolishly decided to go hardmode for this, since it was only 10 matches. Oooh boy, did I regret that. I used up most of my potions just trying to stay alive! At one point I thought I could finish a dryad off before she could attack and forgot to take into account my reduced damage, so her next attack left me at 2hp. My heart nearly stopped, I thought I was dead! Lesson learned: go easymode until I can get another dragon to help fight... At least Moss is level 5.

74511187.png
Moss had laid out the various foods he had gathered while scouting. He had ventured far, only fighting when it was a battle he knew he could win, and had collected quite a variety of foods. Not as much meat as he had hoped, but that's what his rations were for. Much to his relief, the hatchlings seemed satisfied with the bugs he offered them, though one did try and take a frog leg from him when he started his own meal. With how scarce meat was, he didn't want to share.

He should probably think of names for these little ones...He decided to sleep on it, too tired to think of anything that day. His dreams were not much help, however, as they were wrought with nightmares where he was chased endlessly by shadowy beasts and dragons alike. When he woke, he felt no more rested and couldn't be bothered to come up with names.

He tried once again to impress the importance of staying in the den to the hatchlings, and while they seemed to be listening better, occasionally parroting his words, he still wedged the "door" in front of the entrance to ensure their safety. It would be another 4 days before they would be old enough to accompany him, and he would need the help.

Today's scouting was a disaster. He tried a new route, hoping to find a larger shelter that could better accommodate both him and the Nocturnes. Not only was this path crawling with more vicious monsters, but his fatigue took more of a toll than he thought. Normally, his nimbleness is his greatest asset, but today, he could barely dodge a single blow that came his way. He was forced to take a more stealthy approach, hiding in the underbrush or running away entirely whenever he spotted the more aggressive ones. He didn't make much progress, neither with gathering food, nor finding a safe shelter. He gave up much sooner this time, going back to the den to lick his wounds.
LJfZA40.png
tyEuRXe.png
J7D1quC.png
5klLPDf.png
Sales Thread
Gen 1 Adoption
Project Tracker
This is delightful! May I join your ping list pls?
This is delightful! May I join your ping list pls?
[center][size=7][b]DAY 3[/b][/size] [item=Singed Webbing] [i]Material: Writing[/i][/center] ----- [quote name="Author's Note"]A much needed break from the coli fights! I am taking this opportunity to develop the hatchlings a bit as they are halfway to maturity and are showing some personality now. Also names! I chose their names to be plant-based, both because of their flight and because of Moss's own plant knowledge. Poda is named after the scientific name for the Doll's Eye plant. Angelica is a type of wild celery that represents inspiration and encouragement. [/quote] [center][size=1]Pinglist: @cartographic @Drachenschwinge @Folktale[/size][/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74511187][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/745112/74511187.png[/img][/url][/center] As much as Moss wanted to stay active and continue searching the area, he was exhausted. One night's sleep wasn't enough after yesterday's disastrous scouting trip weighing on his bones. The Wildclaw decided to spend today with the Hatchlings, trying to teach them things and gauge their usefulness in combat once they were fully grown. They were already half his size, making the den awfully cramped. After splitting up the day's breakfast, he decided to try and get them to help dig out more space. Luckily their language skills had developed enough that they could understand his instructions, though they were still quite clumsy. The multi-eyed one especially. "Hey, you," He called, both hatchlings turning to him. He sighed, "Gah, I still need to come up with names for you two... You, the multi-eyed one." The young male blinked, the eyes down his sides blinking in a slight delay down his body. Moss had to resist the urge to gag. "Look, getting dirt in your eyes ain't good. If you don't need them, just close all the ones that ain't on ya head. Saves ya a lot of pain." [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74845788][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/748458/74845788.png[/img][/url][/center] The Nocturne seemed surprised at the suggestion, as if it had never occurred to him, and he closed his extra eyes. With them closed, one could hardly even tell he had more than two. "Like this?" "Exactly. Hm...Hey, I think I got a name for ya. What do you think of Poda?" "Poda?" "Yeah. There's a plant called Pachypoda that you reminded me of." The Nocturne beamed, "Yeah! I like it! Poda!" [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74845777][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/748458/74845777.png[/img][/url][/center] His sister eagerly pushed into the conversation, her eyes sparkling with anticipation, "Me next! I want a plant name too!" "Oh, uh...How about Angelica? I've heard herbivores like to make tea out of it." Moss wasn't really sure if he was qualified to even give these kids names. They weren't his. It felt wrong, but he needed to call them something. The young Nocturne female seemed happy about the name regardless, even though she had no idea what tea was. "Angelica! I love it!" She turned to her brother, bouncing up and down on her feet, "My name is Angelica! And you're Poda!" Poda seemed a bit nervous at his sister's energy, making an startled squawk as she suddenly grabbed his front claws and clumsily danced around with him, repeating their names over and over. Moss groaned in annoyance, as now they had completely forgotten their work. He shuffled past them to pick up where they left off, only for the girl- Angelica, to grab his tail suddenly. "Wait! You never said your name!" Moss didn't really want to tell them his name... but since he gave them theirs, he supposed it was only fair. "It's Moss. Now are ya gonna help me or not?"
DAY 3
Singed Webbing
Material: Writing

Author's Note wrote:
A much needed break from the coli fights! I am taking this opportunity to develop the hatchlings a bit as they are halfway to maturity and are showing some personality now. Also names! I chose their names to be plant-based, both because of their flight and because of Moss's own plant knowledge. Poda is named after the scientific name for the Doll's Eye plant. Angelica is a type of wild celery that represents inspiration and encouragement.

74511187.png

As much as Moss wanted to stay active and continue searching the area, he was exhausted. One night's sleep wasn't enough after yesterday's disastrous scouting trip weighing on his bones. The Wildclaw decided to spend today with the Hatchlings, trying to teach them things and gauge their usefulness in combat once they were fully grown.

They were already half his size, making the den awfully cramped. After splitting up the day's breakfast, he decided to try and get them to help dig out more space. Luckily their language skills had developed enough that they could understand his instructions, though they were still quite clumsy. The multi-eyed one especially.

"Hey, you," He called, both hatchlings turning to him. He sighed, "Gah, I still need to come up with names for you two... You, the multi-eyed one." The young male blinked, the eyes down his sides blinking in a slight delay down his body. Moss had to resist the urge to gag. "Look, getting dirt in your eyes ain't good. If you don't need them, just close all the ones that ain't on ya head. Saves ya a lot of pain."
74845788.png

The Nocturne seemed surprised at the suggestion, as if it had never occurred to him, and he closed his extra eyes. With them closed, one could hardly even tell he had more than two. "Like this?"

"Exactly. Hm...Hey, I think I got a name for ya. What do you think of Poda?"

"Poda?"

"Yeah. There's a plant called Pachypoda that you reminded me of."

The Nocturne beamed, "Yeah! I like it! Poda!"
74845777.png

His sister eagerly pushed into the conversation, her eyes sparkling with anticipation, "Me next! I want a plant name too!"

"Oh, uh...How about Angelica? I've heard herbivores like to make tea out of it." Moss wasn't really sure if he was qualified to even give these kids names. They weren't his. It felt wrong, but he needed to call them something.

The young Nocturne female seemed happy about the name regardless, even though she had no idea what tea was. "Angelica! I love it!" She turned to her brother, bouncing up and down on her feet, "My name is Angelica! And you're Poda!"

Poda seemed a bit nervous at his sister's energy, making an startled squawk as she suddenly grabbed his front claws and clumsily danced around with him, repeating their names over and over. Moss groaned in annoyance, as now they had completely forgotten their work. He shuffled past them to pick up where they left off, only for the girl- Angelica, to grab his tail suddenly.

"Wait! You never said your name!"

Moss didn't really want to tell them his name... but since he gave them theirs, he supposed it was only fair. "It's Moss. Now are ya gonna help me or not?"
LJfZA40.png
tyEuRXe.png
J7D1quC.png
5klLPDf.png
Sales Thread
Gen 1 Adoption
Project Tracker
[center][size=7][b]DAY 4[/b][/size] [item=redworm] [i]Insects: 20-30 Matches[/i][/center] ----- [quote name="Author's Note"]Ah geez... I was hoping against hope to get a new recruit or another creative prompt, but oh well! Given how hard it is to take on the Woodland Path solo, I stuck to grinding the training fields for now. Very little xp, so went ahead and did 30 matches. Kinda tired so may or may not edit this post later with some story. Tbh not much interesting really is happening so eh. Fingers crossed tomorrow will have a non-food pull![/quote] [center][size=1]Pinglist: @cartographic @Drachenschwinge @Folktale[/size][/center] -----
DAY 4
Redworm
Insects: 20-30 Matches

Author's Note wrote:
Ah geez... I was hoping against hope to get a new recruit or another creative prompt, but oh well! Given how hard it is to take on the Woodland Path solo, I stuck to grinding the training fields for now. Very little xp, so went ahead and did 30 matches. Kinda tired so may or may not edit this post later with some story. Tbh not much interesting really is happening so eh. Fingers crossed tomorrow will have a non-food pull!

LJfZA40.png
tyEuRXe.png
J7D1quC.png
5klLPDf.png
Sales Thread
Gen 1 Adoption
Project Tracker
@cartographic @Drachenschwinge @Folktale

I got an apparel drop today! I don't have any eggs, so that means I will be trading a fodder dragon from my Exalting tab for the first dragon that is offered to me. This dragon doesn't have to be a hatchling, but considering my cast so far, I would prefer the dragon traded to me is an adult. Those on the pinglist get first dibs, but if I don't have an offer by 16:00 FR time, I will throw a random fodder into a give/get thread instead.

edit: Thanks Folktale for the trade!
@cartographic @Drachenschwinge @Folktale

I got an apparel drop today! I don't have any eggs, so that means I will be trading a fodder dragon from my Exalting tab for the first dragon that is offered to me. This dragon doesn't have to be a hatchling, but considering my cast so far, I would prefer the dragon traded to me is an adult. Those on the pinglist get first dibs, but if I don't have an offer by 16:00 FR time, I will throw a random fodder into a give/get thread instead.

edit: Thanks Folktale for the trade!
LJfZA40.png
tyEuRXe.png
J7D1quC.png
5klLPDf.png
Sales Thread
Gen 1 Adoption
Project Tracker
[center][size=7][b]DAY 5[/b][/size] [item=Teardrop Lapis Lazuli Ring] [i]Apparel: Egg hatch / fodder trade[/i][/center] ----- [quote name="Author's Note"]Huzzah! A new recruit! Since I haven't found any eggs through the PinkerLocke yet, I put out a call for a trade and have Folktale to thank for the Banescale they sent me! Time for Moss to learn how to be a team player >:)[/quote] [center][size=1][i]Pinglist: @cartographic @Drachenschwinge @Folktale[/i][/size][/center] ----- Moss had started to form a routine for each day. Scout the area for food and better shelter, distribute rations between him and the hatchlings, then work on preparing them to help him once they were big enough. He had amassed enough food now that he wasn't worried about that anymore. His major concern was finding a den big enough to house three fully grown dragons. Leaving some beeswax behind for the young ones to occupy themselves with, he set out with only one mission in mind: Find shelter. Not wanting to be interrupted by a fight, he focused on stealth and speed to avoid the monsters that lurked at every turn. He had to avoid any open space, using the underbrush and forest as a hiding place, which did limit his exploration a bit. Perhaps he could try crossing the plains some other day... Every shriek and rustle caught his attention, prompting him to dart into the shadows out of sight. He had started to become familiar with the different kinds of noises the local monsters made, so when he heard this next sound, it sent a chill down his spine. A howling, reptilian wail that sounded closer than he liked. He didn't want to go anywhere near it...until he heard a voice follow. "Mana! Mira! Come on guys, this isn't funny!" Was that a dragon? Moss hadn't seen another dragon at all since he arrived. Perhaps this one knew something? He was calling for others, so perhaps he lived with a group out here... Cautious, Moss headed towards the voice. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74766755][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/747668/74766755_350.png[/img][/url][/center] For such a whiny voice, he wasn't expecting to see a Banescale wandering along the forest floor. A tangled mess of leaves and vines were stuck in the thick mane of spines that ran down his back, weighing him down. He must have been younger than Moss, as he was a good half a meter shorter than himself. The pale dragon was clearly lost and miserable, calling out names into the forest, "You all can come out and help me now! This isn't a very good prank!" Moss was starting to lose hope that this dragon was going to be any help...but it was worth a try. He emerged from the brush, calling out to him, "Hey! Keep your voice down or the monsters'll tear you to shreds!" The Banescale nearly jumped out of his scales before turning to him, eyes blinking in surprise. "What? Oh, sorry, I...I just got lost and I'm not really sure where I am and I flew into a tree and-" Moss was quick to cut him off, "Stop. Look, you're obviously clueless about this place so why don't you tell me how you got here?" "Well...my family travels within Windsinger's domain and I was flying through the clouds...But when I came out of a really big one, I was suddenly in this dark forest and I ran into a tree before I could realize what happened..." He looked back at the mess stuck in his quills in embarrassment, "Now I can't get off the ground with all this stuck to me." "A cloud? Hm...Well that doesn't help much. I got stuck here a while back, so you're probably going to be stuck here too. I suggest you find shelter before a beast takes advantage of you being grounded." Moss started to leave, but the Banescale was quick to run after him, "W-wait! A-aren't you going to help me get all this stuff out of my quills?" He gave him an annoyed look. [i]Stars, I hate kids. [/i]"Do I look like a groomer? It'll take hours to get all that stuff out, and I'm not sitting around for an ambush." "Then...you have a safe place to hide, right? You could help me there..." "No room. Find your own shelter." "Please! I could leave right after! I don't want to get torn to shreds!" Moss was starting to lose patience, but it was clear this whiny brat wasn't going to leave him alone. "Fine. You can come to my den to get cleaned up, but then you're on your own." The Banescale nodded reluctantly, following close behind as Moss headed back to the treeroot den. "Th-thank you...Um...I'm Ganza." Moss barely gave a grunt in response. Ganza was at least smart enough to not try and get him to share his name. One long and awkward walk back later, the two crawled into the den, the Hatchlings immediately bombarding them with questions as they examined the visitor curiously. Moss let Ganza do the talking while he silently untangled all the branches and leaves from his quills. By the time he was done, Ganza had apparently managed to become a sort of big brother to the little Nocturnes. The wailing and complaints prompted by the hatchlings when he said the Banescale needed to leave was more annoying than he was prepared to deal with... ...Moss silently blamed Windsinger for letting this brat invade his personal space while he tried to sleep that night, barely any room left in the den with the new roomate's spines taking up most of the free space. [i]I really hate kids...[/i]
DAY 5
Teardrop Lapis Lazuli Ring
Apparel: Egg hatch / fodder trade

Author's Note wrote:
Huzzah! A new recruit! Since I haven't found any eggs through the PinkerLocke yet, I put out a call for a trade and have Folktale to thank for the Banescale they sent me! Time for Moss to learn how to be a team player >:)

Moss had started to form a routine for each day. Scout the area for food and better shelter, distribute rations between him and the hatchlings, then work on preparing them to help him once they were big enough. He had amassed enough food now that he wasn't worried about that anymore. His major concern was finding a den big enough to house three fully grown dragons. Leaving some beeswax behind for the young ones to occupy themselves with, he set out with only one mission in mind: Find shelter.

Not wanting to be interrupted by a fight, he focused on stealth and speed to avoid the monsters that lurked at every turn. He had to avoid any open space, using the underbrush and forest as a hiding place, which did limit his exploration a bit. Perhaps he could try crossing the plains some other day...

Every shriek and rustle caught his attention, prompting him to dart into the shadows out of sight. He had started to become familiar with the different kinds of noises the local monsters made, so when he heard this next sound, it sent a chill down his spine. A howling, reptilian wail that sounded closer than he liked. He didn't want to go anywhere near it...until he heard a voice follow.

"Mana! Mira! Come on guys, this isn't funny!"

Was that a dragon? Moss hadn't seen another dragon at all since he arrived. Perhaps this one knew something? He was calling for others, so perhaps he lived with a group out here... Cautious, Moss headed towards the voice.
74766755_350.png

For such a whiny voice, he wasn't expecting to see a Banescale wandering along the forest floor. A tangled mess of leaves and vines were stuck in the thick mane of spines that ran down his back, weighing him down. He must have been younger than Moss, as he was a good half a meter shorter than himself. The pale dragon was clearly lost and miserable, calling out names into the forest, "You all can come out and help me now! This isn't a very good prank!"

Moss was starting to lose hope that this dragon was going to be any help...but it was worth a try. He emerged from the brush, calling out to him, "Hey! Keep your voice down or the monsters'll tear you to shreds!"

The Banescale nearly jumped out of his scales before turning to him, eyes blinking in surprise. "What? Oh, sorry, I...I just got lost and I'm not really sure where I am and I flew into a tree and-"

Moss was quick to cut him off, "Stop. Look, you're obviously clueless about this place so why don't you tell me how you got here?"

"Well...my family travels within Windsinger's domain and I was flying through the clouds...But when I came out of a really big one, I was suddenly in this dark forest and I ran into a tree before I could realize what happened..." He looked back at the mess stuck in his quills in embarrassment, "Now I can't get off the ground with all this stuck to me."

"A cloud? Hm...Well that doesn't help much. I got stuck here a while back, so you're probably going to be stuck here too. I suggest you find shelter before a beast takes advantage of you being grounded."

Moss started to leave, but the Banescale was quick to run after him, "W-wait! A-aren't you going to help me get all this stuff out of my quills?"

He gave him an annoyed look. Stars, I hate kids. "Do I look like a groomer? It'll take hours to get all that stuff out, and I'm not sitting around for an ambush."

"Then...you have a safe place to hide, right? You could help me there..."

"No room. Find your own shelter."

"Please! I could leave right after! I don't want to get torn to shreds!"

Moss was starting to lose patience, but it was clear this whiny brat wasn't going to leave him alone. "Fine. You can come to my den to get cleaned up, but then you're on your own."

The Banescale nodded reluctantly, following close behind as Moss headed back to the treeroot den. "Th-thank you...Um...I'm Ganza." Moss barely gave a grunt in response. Ganza was at least smart enough to not try and get him to share his name.

One long and awkward walk back later, the two crawled into the den, the Hatchlings immediately bombarding them with questions as they examined the visitor curiously. Moss let Ganza do the talking while he silently untangled all the branches and leaves from his quills. By the time he was done, Ganza had apparently managed to become a sort of big brother to the little Nocturnes. The wailing and complaints prompted by the hatchlings when he said the Banescale needed to leave was more annoying than he was prepared to deal with...

...Moss silently blamed Windsinger for letting this brat invade his personal space while he tried to sleep that night, barely any room left in the den with the new roomate's spines taking up most of the free space. I really hate kids...
LJfZA40.png
tyEuRXe.png
J7D1quC.png
5klLPDf.png
Sales Thread
Gen 1 Adoption
Project Tracker
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9