Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [PinkerLocke] Foglands Abandon
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[center][size=7][b]DAY 16 & 17[/b][/size] [item=Fool's Gold][item=Condor's Breastplate] [i]Material: Writing | Trinket: Art[/i][/center] ----- [quote name="Author's Note"]Doing yesterday's writing as well as today's art, though the art is still on backlog from the last trinkets. I've put the trinkets in the bios of the dragons getting art to remind myself. Making up for it with a drama-filled story![/quote] [center][size=1]pinglist: @cartographic @Drachenschwinge @Folktale[/size][/center] ----- The den wasn't so spacious anymore. Ever since Inkmist showed up, Moss couldn't help but notice the growing lack of space. The three Nocturnes were already nearing their full size. New dragons seemed to constantly be popping into these Foglands, and no matter how much he didn't want them here, they always ended up joining this group. He couldn't imagine what would happen if they happened upon one of the larger dragon breeds, like Guardians or stars forbid an Imperial! If they were going to survive, they would either need to split up the group or find a larger space that was just as secure. Scouting had become more important than hunting. Moss trusted that Poda and Kyle could handle themselves and be stealthy enough to scout on their own, so he decided to start sending them out in other directions while he took his own path. Angelica immediately tried to join her brother, but Moss shot it down quick. Angelica was becoming a skilled healer, but she was far too loud and reckless. She complained and argued until what little patience he had finally ran out. "Enough!" Moss snapped, bearing his teeth at her, "You will stay in the cave, and that's final!" Moss had never raised his voice in front of Angelica before. He had prided himself on staying calm under pressure, but this was something he couldn't budge on. He refused to put her in danger. Angelica was taken aback by his sudden explosive rebuke. The other dragons had awkwardly tried to ignore their argument, but now they were all staring. The Nocturne pulled away, lowering her head with a whimper as her eyes began to water. Moss had never felt such regret before, but he forced his expression to remain stoic. He turned away, looking to Poda instead, the multi-eyed dragon stiffening nervously as his eye all quickly closed from their wide-open staring. "Go. Search for no more than 3 hours, then return. Don't get into a fight." Poda glanced to his sister, who looked back to him tearfully, before reluctantly obeying, flying off into the trees. Angelica choked a sob before crawling towards the back of the cave. Kyle headed off soon after. The cave had never been so quiet.
DAY 16 & 17
Fool's Gold Condor's Breastplate
Material: Writing | Trinket: Art

Author's Note wrote:
Doing yesterday's writing as well as today's art, though the art is still on backlog from the last trinkets. I've put the trinkets in the bios of the dragons getting art to remind myself. Making up for it with a drama-filled story!

The den wasn't so spacious anymore.

Ever since Inkmist showed up, Moss couldn't help but notice the growing lack of space. The three Nocturnes were already nearing their full size. New dragons seemed to constantly be popping into these Foglands, and no matter how much he didn't want them here, they always ended up joining this group. He couldn't imagine what would happen if they happened upon one of the larger dragon breeds, like Guardians or stars forbid an Imperial! If they were going to survive, they would either need to split up the group or find a larger space that was just as secure.

Scouting had become more important than hunting. Moss trusted that Poda and Kyle could handle themselves and be stealthy enough to scout on their own, so he decided to start sending them out in other directions while he took his own path. Angelica immediately tried to join her brother, but Moss shot it down quick. Angelica was becoming a skilled healer, but she was far too loud and reckless. She complained and argued until what little patience he had finally ran out.

"Enough!" Moss snapped, bearing his teeth at her, "You will stay in the cave, and that's final!"

Moss had never raised his voice in front of Angelica before. He had prided himself on staying calm under pressure, but this was something he couldn't budge on. He refused to put her in danger.

Angelica was taken aback by his sudden explosive rebuke. The other dragons had awkwardly tried to ignore their argument, but now they were all staring. The Nocturne pulled away, lowering her head with a whimper as her eyes began to water. Moss had never felt such regret before, but he forced his expression to remain stoic. He turned away, looking to Poda instead, the multi-eyed dragon stiffening nervously as his eye all quickly closed from their wide-open staring.

"Go. Search for no more than 3 hours, then return. Don't get into a fight."

Poda glanced to his sister, who looked back to him tearfully, before reluctantly obeying, flying off into the trees. Angelica choked a sob before crawling towards the back of the cave. Kyle headed off soon after.

The cave had never been so quiet.
LJfZA40.png
tyEuRXe.png
J7D1quC.png
5klLPDf.png
Sales Thread
Gen 1 Adoption
Tailwind Services (leveling/brewing&more)
Project Tracker
[center][size=7][b]DAY 18[/b][/size] [item=Glass Minnows] [i]Seafood: 30-40 Matches[/i][/center] ----- [quote name="Author's Note"]Grind time! Poda and Banner are getting Inkmist up to snuff. I don't want anyone dying from a bad roll when the next death streak happens. Nothing special happened otherwise and trying to figure out how to follow that last story lol[/quote] [center][size=1]Pinglist: @cartographic @Drachenschwinge @Folktale[/size][/center] -----
DAY 18
Glass Minnows
Seafood: 30-40 Matches

Author's Note wrote:
Grind time! Poda and Banner are getting Inkmist up to snuff. I don't want anyone dying from a bad roll when the next death streak happens. Nothing special happened otherwise and trying to figure out how to follow that last story lol

LJfZA40.png
tyEuRXe.png
J7D1quC.png
5klLPDf.png
Sales Thread
Gen 1 Adoption
Project Tracker
hi can i be added to the pinglist please? gonna catch up with the journey so far hehe
hi can i be added to the pinglist please? gonna catch up with the journey so far hehe
@CNU will do!
@CNU will do!
LJfZA40.png
tyEuRXe.png
J7D1quC.png
5klLPDf.png
Sales Thread
Gen 1 Adoption
Project Tracker
[center][size=7][b]DAY 19 & 20[/b][/size] [item=Ghost-Painted Fern][item=Amethyst Geode] [i]Plants: 10-20 | Material: Writing[/i][/center] ----- [quote name="Author's Note"]another twofer! Sorry for falling behind, but considering I got a material today, it's only fitting I get back into the swing of it. Took Inkmist, Banner, and Angelica to the Woodland path and now they're all level 5![/quote] [center][size=1]pinglist: @cartographic @Drachenschwinge @Folktale @CNU [/size][/center] ----- The mood around the cave was a lot more tense ever since Moss and Angelica's argument. She avoided him mostly, barely speaking to him unless she had to. The other dragons didn't seem to know what to do about the situation, sharing concerned glances whenever Angelica went silent around Moss. The Wildclaw had not attempted to apologize, instead trying to continue on as normal. He gave orders, organized hunting and scouting parties, divided up food, all amongst a near silent den. He never thought he would miss the noise. Today, he had sent Angelica, Banner, and Inkmist to hunt, going out to scout with Poda. Most of the walk had gone on in silence, before the multi-eyed dragon unexpectedly spoke first. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/745112/74511187.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/748458/74845788.png[/img][/center] "Do you hate her?" Moss wasn't expecting such a question, looking to Poda for a long time before replying with a sigh, "No. I suspect she hates me, though." Poda didn't reply at first, thinking carefully before speaking again, "I get why you said it. She can be a lot, but when it matters, she's really careful." When Moss didn't reply, he continued, "I know you think she's reckless and immature, but...She's always been their for me. It's weird when we're not together, you know? She's the only one who gets me." "She's your sister. That's natural. But you can't always be dependent on her. This world doesn't pull its punches just because you want it to. You need to learn how to fight your own battles, because one day, you'll be the only one left to fight them." Poda looked at him for a long moment, trying to understand what he meant, but the Wildclaw wouldn't look back, instead focusing on the way ahead. "Moss...You never told us where you came from. From before you came to the Foglands." "Because it doesn't matter. What matters is we find the way out before we're killed." Poda shrank back a bit at the dismissive response, realizing he wasn't going to get anything out of the older dragon. Moss was hiding something, but he wasn't sure what...
DAY 19 & 20
Ghost-Painted Fern Amethyst Geode
Plants: 10-20 | Material: Writing

Author's Note wrote:
another twofer! Sorry for falling behind, but considering I got a material today, it's only fitting I get back into the swing of it. Took Inkmist, Banner, and Angelica to the Woodland path and now they're all level 5!

The mood around the cave was a lot more tense ever since Moss and Angelica's argument. She avoided him mostly, barely speaking to him unless she had to. The other dragons didn't seem to know what to do about the situation, sharing concerned glances whenever Angelica went silent around Moss.

The Wildclaw had not attempted to apologize, instead trying to continue on as normal. He gave orders, organized hunting and scouting parties, divided up food, all amongst a near silent den. He never thought he would miss the noise.

Today, he had sent Angelica, Banner, and Inkmist to hunt, going out to scout with Poda. Most of the walk had gone on in silence, before the multi-eyed dragon unexpectedly spoke first.
74511187.png74845788.png

"Do you hate her?"

Moss wasn't expecting such a question, looking to Poda for a long time before replying with a sigh, "No. I suspect she hates me, though."

Poda didn't reply at first, thinking carefully before speaking again, "I get why you said it. She can be a lot, but when it matters, she's really careful." When Moss didn't reply, he continued, "I know you think she's reckless and immature, but...She's always been their for me. It's weird when we're not together, you know? She's the only one who gets me."

"She's your sister. That's natural. But you can't always be dependent on her. This world doesn't pull its punches just because you want it to. You need to learn how to fight your own battles, because one day, you'll be the only one left to fight them."

Poda looked at him for a long moment, trying to understand what he meant, but the Wildclaw wouldn't look back, instead focusing on the way ahead. "Moss...You never told us where you came from. From before you came to the Foglands."

"Because it doesn't matter. What matters is we find the way out before we're killed."

Poda shrank back a bit at the dismissive response, realizing he wasn't going to get anything out of the older dragon. Moss was hiding something, but he wasn't sure what...
LJfZA40.png
tyEuRXe.png
J7D1quC.png
5klLPDf.png
Sales Thread
Gen 1 Adoption
Project Tracker
aw moss ;_; gives him a big hug (from a safe distance :D )
aw moss ;_; gives him a big hug (from a safe distance :D )
[center][size=7][b]DAY 21[/b][/size] [item=Ballroom Urchin] [i]Seafood: 30-40[/i][/center] ----- [quote name="Author's Note"]took the OG crew, Moss, Angelica, and Poda on the grind in Woodland Path and they all leveled up! Pretty busy today so might not write today. [/quote] [center][size=1]pinglist: @cartographic @Drachenschwinge @Folktale @CNU [/size][/center] -----
DAY 21
Ballroom Urchin
Seafood: 30-40

Author's Note wrote:
took the OG crew, Moss, Angelica, and Poda on the grind in Woodland Path and they all leveled up! Pretty busy today so might not write today.

LJfZA40.png
tyEuRXe.png
J7D1quC.png
5klLPDf.png
Sales Thread
Gen 1 Adoption
Project Tracker
[center][size=7][b]DAY 22[/b][/size] [item=Crisp-leaf Amaranth] [i]Plants: 10-20 matches[/i][/center] ----- [quote name="Author's Note"] just a bit of grinding just to get Ganza, Inkmist, and Kyle up to level 6. Couldn't quite get Ink there, but the others made it! might edit this post later with a story, but depends if I have time.[/quote] [center][size=1]pinglist: @cartographic @Drachenschwinge @Folktale @CNU [/size][/center] -----
DAY 22
Crisp-leaf Amaranth
Plants: 10-20 matches

Author's Note wrote:
just a bit of grinding just to get Ganza, Inkmist, and Kyle up to level 6. Couldn't quite get Ink there, but the others made it! might edit this post later with a story, but depends if I have time.

LJfZA40.png
tyEuRXe.png
J7D1quC.png
5klLPDf.png
Sales Thread
Gen 1 Adoption
Project Tracker
[center][size=7][b]DAY 23[/b][/size] [item=Longneck Hunter] [i]Familiar: AH Dragon[/i][/center] ----- [quote name="Author's Note"] I had to laugh! What are the odds that I get the exact same familiar that I got last time? Well, a new dragon it is, and RNG says its a Guardian, so welcome Lapp to the team! Got some drama, but don't worry![/quote] [center][size=1]pinglist: @cartographic @Drachenschwinge @Folktale @CNU [/size][/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75191568][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/751916/75191568_350.png[/img][/url][/center] The dreaded day finally arrived. Moss had sent Ganza, Inkmist, and Kyle on a hunting trip, but they returned with more than just food. It was hard to miss the massive Guardian that followed behind them, the towering dragon keeping his head low and wings tucked in as if he were well aware of his obnoxious size. Moss waited until they arrived at the cave before he started to voice his concerns, pointing out how the Guardian, who called himself Lapp, took up a third of the space alone! And he wasn't even his full size yet! They couldn't possibly let him stay. "We can't just send him away! He would get eaten alive out there!" Angelica argued, talking to Moss for the first time in nearly a week. "We'll all get eaten alive if we can't all fit inside our only shelter! We simply do not have room to accommodate for a Guardian!" Moss was refusing to budge on the subject. Lapp was pressed up against the wall, desperately trying to make himself as small as possible. It was hard when he was twice the size of most of the dragons here, and he was all too aware that he would be even bigger once he reached his first month. The soft-spoked Guardian had hardly said a word since arriving at the cave, only meekly giving his name when Angelica asked for it. "If we need more space, then we'll just find a bigger cave! We found this one, didn't we?" "Don't you think I've been trying to do that already? I wasn't scouting for nothing!" "And there really wasn't anything? There had to be something!" "Nothing big enough to house us all!" "Then maybe it shouldn't house us all! We can all fight well enough, so we don't need you to baby us. So why don't you go and live alone like you wanted to in the first place!" Moss was stunned into silence, surprised at the venom in Angelica's voice. "You want me to leave." It wasn't a question; he already saw the answer. He looked to Lapp, then to the others. Ganza was cowering at the argument, quickly looking away when he looked at him. Kyle seemed to have been completely distracted from the conversation and was messing with his twigs and rocks again. Inkmist was looking awkward, clearly too new to the group to feel confident in this debate. Banner was clueless, curiously examining Lapp. Poda was the only one that would meet his gaze. The Nocturne looked conflicted, maybe even sad, but he did not challenge his sister. "What's the problem, Moss? I thought you wanted to be alone? Well, now's your chance!" Angelica narrowed her eyes, staring down the dragon that gave her her name. Moss looked to her, his expression hard and unreadable. "You're right. You all can handle yourselves fine without me..." He turned from her, heading towards the cave entrance. Poda started to move to say something to him, but his sister hissed, "No, Poda. Let him go." The multi-eyed nocturne shrank back at his sister's order, watching as the dragon who had been there his who life walked out into the fogbound trees. Angelica moved up to her brother's side as he watched the Wildclaw disappear from sight. "We don't need him, Poda. Not anymore."
DAY 23
Longneck Hunter
Familiar: AH Dragon

Author's Note wrote:
I had to laugh! What are the odds that I get the exact same familiar that I got last time? Well, a new dragon it is, and RNG says its a Guardian, so welcome Lapp to the team! Got some drama, but don't worry!

75191568_350.png

The dreaded day finally arrived. Moss had sent Ganza, Inkmist, and Kyle on a hunting trip, but they returned with more than just food. It was hard to miss the massive Guardian that followed behind them, the towering dragon keeping his head low and wings tucked in as if he were well aware of his obnoxious size. Moss waited until they arrived at the cave before he started to voice his concerns, pointing out how the Guardian, who called himself Lapp, took up a third of the space alone! And he wasn't even his full size yet! They couldn't possibly let him stay.

"We can't just send him away! He would get eaten alive out there!" Angelica argued, talking to Moss for the first time in nearly a week.

"We'll all get eaten alive if we can't all fit inside our only shelter! We simply do not have room to accommodate for a Guardian!" Moss was refusing to budge on the subject.

Lapp was pressed up against the wall, desperately trying to make himself as small as possible. It was hard when he was twice the size of most of the dragons here, and he was all too aware that he would be even bigger once he reached his first month. The soft-spoked Guardian had hardly said a word since arriving at the cave, only meekly giving his name when Angelica asked for it.

"If we need more space, then we'll just find a bigger cave! We found this one, didn't we?"

"Don't you think I've been trying to do that already? I wasn't scouting for nothing!"

"And there really wasn't anything? There had to be something!"

"Nothing big enough to house us all!"

"Then maybe it shouldn't house us all! We can all fight well enough, so we don't need you to baby us. So why don't you go and live alone like you wanted to in the first place!"

Moss was stunned into silence, surprised at the venom in Angelica's voice. "You want me to leave." It wasn't a question; he already saw the answer. He looked to Lapp, then to the others. Ganza was cowering at the argument, quickly looking away when he looked at him. Kyle seemed to have been completely distracted from the conversation and was messing with his twigs and rocks again. Inkmist was looking awkward, clearly too new to the group to feel confident in this debate. Banner was clueless, curiously examining Lapp. Poda was the only one that would meet his gaze. The Nocturne looked conflicted, maybe even sad, but he did not challenge his sister.

"What's the problem, Moss? I thought you wanted to be alone? Well, now's your chance!" Angelica narrowed her eyes, staring down the dragon that gave her her name.

Moss looked to her, his expression hard and unreadable. "You're right. You all can handle yourselves fine without me..."

He turned from her, heading towards the cave entrance. Poda started to move to say something to him, but his sister hissed, "No, Poda. Let him go." The multi-eyed nocturne shrank back at his sister's order, watching as the dragon who had been there his who life walked out into the fogbound trees.

Angelica moved up to her brother's side as he watched the Wildclaw disappear from sight. "We don't need him, Poda. Not anymore."
LJfZA40.png
tyEuRXe.png
J7D1quC.png
5klLPDf.png
Sales Thread
Gen 1 Adoption
Project Tracker
It's fate! Maybe you should incorporate that Longneck as an NPC to appease Pinkerton.

Poor Moss. I fear for the day Angelica finds out why they are stranded in the Foglands in the first place.
It's fate! Maybe you should incorporate that Longneck as an NPC to appease Pinkerton.

Poor Moss. I fear for the day Angelica finds out why they are stranded in the Foglands in the first place.
2WRv2Ib.jpg

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9