Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [EarthDom] Mimic Hunt [Complete]
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18 19
[columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/143274/14327349p.png[/img][nextcol][size=4][color=black]The tension was wearing on everyone, and Schuyler was wondering if he could somehow leave the party without anyone noticing. He was hovering by the door. He sighed - he'd probably wind up on the suspect list if he left now. And then he heard the argument erupt in the study.[/columns] He really didn't want to go investigate. [columns][size=4][color=black]Of course, Rajani chose that moment to appear - she just loved chaos. "It seems the mimic has struck again!" she cried.[nextcol][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/293671/29367054p.png[/img][/columns] She tugged him after her and they entered the study just as the group was discovering the crossword. "Ooooh, a crossword," she trilled. She went right to work, rapidly filling out the clues; watching her, Schuyler had to admit, with maybe just a hint of pride, that she really was an expert, and for once he was glad of the Fae-Coatl communication barrier - if the thought showed on his face, hopefully Gumclaw wouldn't notice. "[spoiler]YAONNARDCKTSE[/spoiler]," she read off. "I have no idea what to make of that." "Let me see," Schuyler said. Rajani handed over the paper, and he studied it. [i]The mimic is really far too fond of word scrambles,[/i] he thought, his mood souring once more. He ran through the list of suspects in his head - several of their names contained the letter Y - but none of them fit. Next, he tried running through the list of dragon breeds, and here he had an epiphany. "It means [spoiler]NOT A SKYDANCER[/spoiler]." "And there's only one of those in attendance~" Rajani crowed.
14327349p.png The tension was wearing on everyone, and Schuyler was wondering if he could somehow leave the party without anyone noticing. He was hovering by the door. He sighed - he'd probably wind up on the suspect list if he left now. And then he heard the argument erupt in the study.
He really didn't want to go investigate.
Of course, Rajani chose that moment to appear - she just loved chaos.

"It seems the mimic has struck again!" she cried.
29367054p.png
She tugged him after her and they entered the study just as the group was discovering the crossword.

"Ooooh, a crossword," she trilled.

She went right to work, rapidly filling out the clues; watching her, Schuyler had to admit, with maybe just a hint of pride, that she really was an expert, and for once he was glad of the Fae-Coatl communication barrier - if the thought showed on his face, hopefully Gumclaw wouldn't notice.

"YAONNARDCKTSE," she read off. "I have no idea what to make of that."

"Let me see," Schuyler said. Rajani handed over the paper, and he studied it. The mimic is really far too fond of word scrambles, he thought, his mood souring once more. He ran through the list of suspects in his head - several of their names contained the letter Y - but none of them fit.

Next, he tried running through the list of dragon breeds, and here he had an epiphany. "It means NOT A SKYDANCER."

"And there's only one of those in attendance~" Rajani crowed.

Projects
Wishlist
Bio Resources
Acp3eET.png*NIdUF6j.pngJKNmjbX.pngHFIQUjw.pngSFXnr9A.png2KqnYj4.pngUifrkF6.pnghBq372b.pngK4kr5BC.pngEeIVgVi.png8ayfQ7p.pngemtOFWD.pngfNFWviE.pngWANW32a.png6l90A3T.pngUS7UtHx.png
Oof, this one was hard, but thankfully I found some help here! The answer is not a skydancer, eliminating Bran
Oof, this one was hard, but thankfully I found some help here! The answer is not a skydancer, eliminating Bran
tDeKDnH.png YDYolOP.png jbMnTvf.pngKaL7agX.png
Finally finished the crossword puzzle! (link)

The circled letters appear to be R, K, T, O, N, C, D, Y, S, A, N, E, A.

From that, I got the phrase "NOT A SKYDANCER," which eliminates Bran as a suspect!
Finally finished the crossword puzzle! (link)

The circled letters appear to be R, K, T, O, N, C, D, Y, S, A, N, E, A.

From that, I got the phrase "NOT A SKYDANCER," which eliminates Bran as a suspect!
nMkuik2.gifsNtd9Dk.gif4AJs72V.pngl9DOymq.pngsNtd9Dk.gifRz7ZJcJ.png
It was Christmas Eve today for me, so I haven't had the time to do this... I hope it's okay I do both tasks tomorrow and still get the badge ;'c
It was Christmas Eve today for me, so I haven't had the time to do this... I hope it's okay I do both tasks tomorrow and still get the badge ;'c
F9No6Gk.png
@HollowBay

Absolutely! Any task can be complete after to claim badges you also only need to complete 6 of the 7 to claim all of the badges, it won't matter which 6. Given Christmas Eve and Christmas I didn't want anyone to feel like they were stuck. It's also why the game won't fully complete until Monday, instead allowing Sunday for figuring out who the mimic is before Monday's reveal.
@HollowBay

Absolutely! Any task can be complete after to claim badges you also only need to complete 6 of the 7 to claim all of the badges, it won't matter which 6. Given Christmas Eve and Christmas I didn't want anyone to feel like they were stuck. It's also why the game won't fully complete until Monday, instead allowing Sunday for figuring out who the mimic is before Monday's reveal.
arOGchX.png
Aha, so it appears that Bran isn't a suspect after all! Yay! Uh, by which I mean I completed today's crossword and unscrambled the letters into the phrase "not a skydancer" which has to mean Bran.

As for my own speculations about who could be the mimic at this point...

Definitively cleared (from the puzzle answers):

Ramsey
Brittany
Rocktusk
Aerith
Bran

Potentially cleared (from the daily lore):

Caden, Corokia, and Arlyn all seem likeliest to be genuinely in the clear since they were mentioned as being too big to effectively fit in the study, but that's assuming the mimic can't (or doesn't) change its shape/appearance through this event. If their size is what excludes them as suspects though, I find it odd that Old Man Wyrmcrest wasn't also mentioned since guardians are among the largest breeds as well, but I'm inclined to say he's likely cleared anyway.

Rhiivan arrived later than most of the others according to Rocktusk, which indicates she probably wouldn't have had time to cause the damage found in the billiard room, so I'm tentatively calling her cleared as well.

Thrugzug might be cleared too since multiple dragons have expressed doubt that a mimic could convincingly keep up the charade of being him for an extended period, but maybe the mimic's just better than everyone expects, so he's still a little iffy.

Remaining suspects:

Gumclaw - Maybe I've watched too many crime shows, but he's suspicious to me. I can see him as either a dedicated, hard-nosed investigator obsessed with mimics, or a mimic looking to have fun and insinuate itself into the heart of the investigation while simultaneously steering its direction. He's complimented the mimic's abilities, which could either be him tooting his own horn if he's the mimic or considering it a worthy opponent if he's not, so while it's not really strong evidence either way it feels like it's worth keeping in mind. He also seems to be the only character that all the others weren't already familiar with, which would presumably make things easier for a mimic if he is one.

Fali - Doesn't feel like we have enough info to clear him, though he claimed he probably wouldn't be able to cause the destruction in the ballroom. That's probably what a mimic would say though, so since no one else has vouched for him he's staying on the suspect list for the time being.

Galileo - The only dragon that hasn't shown up so far, which is kinda suspicious, though apparently he left to get more snacks from home shortly before the vandalism was discovered. ...Which is admittedly convenient timing, but I'm not quite sold on him being the mimic just yet.

Cailleach - Also here mostly from a lack of any evidence excluding her as a suspect, though she did seem quite upset about the damage done in the library, so perhaps that's an indication that she's not the mimic. ...Unless the mimic knew the real Cailleach would react that way and faked it, of course.
Aha, so it appears that Bran isn't a suspect after all! Yay! Uh, by which I mean I completed today's crossword and unscrambled the letters into the phrase "not a skydancer" which has to mean Bran.

As for my own speculations about who could be the mimic at this point...

Definitively cleared (from the puzzle answers):

Ramsey
Brittany
Rocktusk
Aerith
Bran

Potentially cleared (from the daily lore):

Caden, Corokia, and Arlyn all seem likeliest to be genuinely in the clear since they were mentioned as being too big to effectively fit in the study, but that's assuming the mimic can't (or doesn't) change its shape/appearance through this event. If their size is what excludes them as suspects though, I find it odd that Old Man Wyrmcrest wasn't also mentioned since guardians are among the largest breeds as well, but I'm inclined to say he's likely cleared anyway.

Rhiivan arrived later than most of the others according to Rocktusk, which indicates she probably wouldn't have had time to cause the damage found in the billiard room, so I'm tentatively calling her cleared as well.

Thrugzug might be cleared too since multiple dragons have expressed doubt that a mimic could convincingly keep up the charade of being him for an extended period, but maybe the mimic's just better than everyone expects, so he's still a little iffy.

Remaining suspects:

Gumclaw - Maybe I've watched too many crime shows, but he's suspicious to me. I can see him as either a dedicated, hard-nosed investigator obsessed with mimics, or a mimic looking to have fun and insinuate itself into the heart of the investigation while simultaneously steering its direction. He's complimented the mimic's abilities, which could either be him tooting his own horn if he's the mimic or considering it a worthy opponent if he's not, so while it's not really strong evidence either way it feels like it's worth keeping in mind. He also seems to be the only character that all the others weren't already familiar with, which would presumably make things easier for a mimic if he is one.

Fali - Doesn't feel like we have enough info to clear him, though he claimed he probably wouldn't be able to cause the destruction in the ballroom. That's probably what a mimic would say though, so since no one else has vouched for him he's staying on the suspect list for the time being.

Galileo - The only dragon that hasn't shown up so far, which is kinda suspicious, though apparently he left to get more snacks from home shortly before the vandalism was discovered. ...Which is admittedly convenient timing, but I'm not quite sold on him being the mimic just yet.

Cailleach - Also here mostly from a lack of any evidence excluding her as a suspect, though she did seem quite upset about the damage done in the library, so perhaps that's an indication that she's not the mimic. ...Unless the mimic knew the real Cailleach would react that way and faked it, of course.
A colorful chibi Mirror dragon. Image links to the dragon itself.colorful chaos
Day 5

Solved the crossword puzzle and got RKTONCDYSANEA. After unscrambling that, I got the phrase NOT A SKYDANCER, which eliminates Bran the scholar.
Day 5

Solved the crossword puzzle and got RKTONCDYSANEA. After unscrambling that, I got the phrase NOT A SKYDANCER, which eliminates Bran the scholar.
oCF41Q1.png
Oh shoot, forgot to do the puzzles today, reserving a spot to do them tomorrow real quick.

EDIT: Okay, just finished the crossword! Previously we had eliminated Ramsey, Brittany, Rocktusk, and Aerith to catch up. For this one, Herddog's suggestion to bring up the announcement page was exactly what I did, made it a lot easier to scroll up and down! Got all the answers to the crossword pretty easily like that, and ended up with some letters to unscramble.

Letters: R K T C N O Y A N E A D S

Following the pattern of the previous puzzles, I assumed the first part of the scramble was NOT, so started with that. Then went to the encyclopedia to jog my memory while staring at the letters. Lo and behold, a hit!

The final phrase: NOT A SKYDANCER

Hmm, let's looksee at the main page again then. Looks like that removes Bran as well! So that removes Bran, Ramsey, Brittany, Rocktusk, and Aerith and leaves Thrugzug, Cailleach, Caden, Galileo, Fali, Arlyn, Corokia, Rhiivan, Old Man Wrymcrest, and Glumclaw himself I suppose :P. On to the next day now!
Oh shoot, forgot to do the puzzles today, reserving a spot to do them tomorrow real quick.

EDIT: Okay, just finished the crossword! Previously we had eliminated Ramsey, Brittany, Rocktusk, and Aerith to catch up. For this one, Herddog's suggestion to bring up the announcement page was exactly what I did, made it a lot easier to scroll up and down! Got all the answers to the crossword pretty easily like that, and ended up with some letters to unscramble.

Letters: R K T C N O Y A N E A D S

Following the pattern of the previous puzzles, I assumed the first part of the scramble was NOT, so started with that. Then went to the encyclopedia to jog my memory while staring at the letters. Lo and behold, a hit!

The final phrase: NOT A SKYDANCER

Hmm, let's looksee at the main page again then. Looks like that removes Bran as well! So that removes Bran, Ramsey, Brittany, Rocktusk, and Aerith and leaves Thrugzug, Cailleach, Caden, Galileo, Fali, Arlyn, Corokia, Rhiivan, Old Man Wrymcrest, and Glumclaw himself I suppose :P. On to the next day now!
jPdGQf9.gif
itumblr_inline_ojq6kwwlmN1r2ao8y_540.png

iiifr+2
itiny_coatl.png140.pngimbcQX2i.pngitiny_sd.png
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png
iiiiiiiii
bitumblr_inline_ojq6kqtzXZ1r2ao8y_540.png
tumblr_inline_n6kdvbu87Y1qlye38.gif
TTxEpjT.gif
With the study cleaned up, thankfully one of the shorter clean ups of the night the group spread out to check on the guests and keep the events going. Just when it seemed like the peace could continue something crashed from outside followed by screams. The garden had been lit up brightly to be a nice gathering area in the cool night away from the dance floor that was sure to heat up. When the group arrived however someone had dropped a large bag of dirt that had scattered and hit everyone outside leaving near perfect outlines of them on the ground. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/535228/53522730_350.png[/img][/center] “Everyone calm down!” Corokia shouted, “We’re here to help, we’ll get you all cleaned up in time.” He looked at the dragons covered head to toe in dirt and mud. It was hard to tell them all apart like this but the outlines didn’t lie at least at who was out. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/179463/17946200_350.png[/img][/center] “Whoever did this must have flown up high and dropped it from above. It’s bright out here with the light but I mean, we’re all dragons no one would question someone flying by.” Caden commented as he stared up at the sky. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=877820&skin=0&apparel=34170,6275,15306,13859,19451,552,33686&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] Wrymcrest was looking at the flowers nearby, “There’s some fur caught in some of the bushes, but could just be from anyone. Trampling the poor things because it’s a party,” He grumbled the last bit to himself and Rutherford sneezed. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=1090261&skin=0&apparel=35541,32005,15134,35550,16236,6270&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] “Another mess to deal with, at least this might just wash away if we ask a friendly water dragon,” Bran sighed. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=1090268&skin=0&apparel=13078,18819,18827,18799,2332,2333,26885&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] “Of course while it’s wet and dirty people won’t be able to come out and relax unless we advertise it as a mud pile,” Rocktusk smirked, “Good old mud wrestling and what not.” [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=58433129&skin=0&apparel=30849,493,4788,32296,9619,32297,13844,10879&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] “No, we are not mud wrestling! Everyone worked so hard on their outfits we can’t mess them up!” Brittany scolded Rocktusk. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/637504/63750378_350.png[/img][/center] “Well, thanks to the outlines we know who was on the ground and thus couldn’t drop the dirt bomb even if they messed themselves up after.” Aerith added. “Means we can clear someone else’s name and maybe be done with this mess.” [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=1221095&skin=0&apparel=21853,26889,12910,19638,477,12926&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] “Perhaps, this mimic seems bold for mimics rarely work alone. This is certainly a special breed of mimic. But they must know we’re hot on their trail!” Gumclaw joined the group, “Let’s see who was on the ground when this dirt bomb went off!” [b]Connect the dots[/b] The outlines are of dragons that guests are certain they saw and can confirm their innocence, one will eliminate a suspect. (Yes it’s easy, take a break today and just enjoy a connect the dots experience, happy holidays!) [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/660706462447960064/791926604170657792/Connect_1.png[/img] Extra: [url=https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/660706462447960064/791926616255103016/Connect_2.png]Connect 1[/url] [url=https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/660706462447960064/791926626698264596/Connect_3.png]Connect 2[/url] [url=https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/660706462447960064/791926636471648256/Connect_4.png]Connect 3[/url] [url=https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/660706462447960064/791926645501198346/Connect_5.png]Connect 4[/url] Badge: [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/784142747362656257/785652818723471392/3.png[/img][/center] @Gormanghaste, @Goldenwolfmidna @Enen16106, @Disillusionist, @eonflute, @AriesAscending, @Bxy26, @TheDeathseer, @HollowBay, @FinnFantastic, @Lameforgers, @Finlandia, @sockmonkeygerald, @jbapple, @BlackFinSwampert, @LaDjanny, @MusicandMagic, @sgkat, @Krawald, @endlessstation, @Rulanir, @WanderingTurtle, @minervamaga, @Sidegrinder, @Herddog, @tigressRising
With the study cleaned up, thankfully one of the shorter clean ups of the night the group spread out to check on the guests and keep the events going. Just when it seemed like the peace could continue something crashed from outside followed by screams.

The garden had been lit up brightly to be a nice gathering area in the cool night away from the dance floor that was sure to heat up. When the group arrived however someone had dropped a large bag of dirt that had scattered and hit everyone outside leaving near perfect outlines of them on the ground.
53522730_350.png
“Everyone calm down!” Corokia shouted, “We’re here to help, we’ll get you all cleaned up in time.” He looked at the dragons covered head to toe in dirt and mud. It was hard to tell them all apart like this but the outlines didn’t lie at least at who was out.

17946200_350.png
“Whoever did this must have flown up high and dropped it from above. It’s bright out here with the light but I mean, we’re all dragons no one would question someone flying by.” Caden commented as he stared up at the sky.

scry?sdid=877820&skin=0&apparel=34170,6275,15306,13859,19451,552,33686&xt=dressing.png
Wrymcrest was looking at the flowers nearby, “There’s some fur caught in some of the bushes, but could just be from anyone. Trampling the poor things because it’s a party,” He grumbled the last bit to himself and Rutherford sneezed.
scry?sdid=1090261&skin=0&apparel=35541,32005,15134,35550,16236,6270&xt=dressing.png
“Another mess to deal with, at least this might just wash away if we ask a friendly water dragon,” Bran sighed.
scry?sdid=1090268&skin=0&apparel=13078,18819,18827,18799,2332,2333,26885&xt=dressing.png
“Of course while it’s wet and dirty people won’t be able to come out and relax unless we advertise it as a mud pile,” Rocktusk smirked, “Good old mud wrestling and what not.”
dragon?did=58433129&skin=0&apparel=30849,493,4788,32296,9619,32297,13844,10879&xt=dressing.png
“No, we are not mud wrestling! Everyone worked so hard on their outfits we can’t mess them up!” Brittany scolded Rocktusk.
63750378_350.png
“Well, thanks to the outlines we know who was on the ground and thus couldn’t drop the dirt bomb even if they messed themselves up after.” Aerith added. “Means we can clear someone else’s name and maybe be done with this mess.”
scry?sdid=1221095&skin=0&apparel=21853,26889,12910,19638,477,12926&xt=dressing.png

“Perhaps, this mimic seems bold for mimics rarely work alone. This is certainly a special breed of mimic. But they must know we’re hot on their trail!” Gumclaw joined the group, “Let’s see who was on the ground when this dirt bomb went off!”

Connect the dots
The outlines are of dragons that guests are certain they saw and can confirm their innocence, one will eliminate a suspect. (Yes it’s easy, take a break today and just enjoy a connect the dots experience, happy holidays!)

Connect_1.png

Extra:
Connect 1
Connect 2
Connect 3
Connect 4

Badge:
3.png

@Gormanghaste, @Goldenwolfmidna @Enen16106, @Disillusionist, @eonflute, @AriesAscending, @Bxy26, @TheDeathseer, @HollowBay, @FinnFantastic, @Lameforgers, @Finlandia, @sockmonkeygerald, @jbapple, @BlackFinSwampert, @LaDjanny, @MusicandMagic, @sgkat, @Krawald, @endlessstation, @Rulanir, @WanderingTurtle, @minervamaga, @Sidegrinder, @Herddog, @tigressRising
arOGchX.png
Happy Holidays, everyone! (And we can eliminate Fali, though I suspected 'em for a long time.)
Happy Holidays, everyone! (And we can eliminate Fali, though I suspected 'em for a long time.)
PphCb2h.png0KJLkHj.pngqFbe5lO.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18 19