Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WvP]NECROPOLOST[ cyoa] [SIGNUPS CLOSED]
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 160 161
[rule] [columns] [color=transparent]_______________[/color][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59373123][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/593732/59373123.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59373124][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/593732/59373124.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/12267137][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/122672/12267137.png[/img][/url] [/columns] [rule] Mossdew followed his nose for the incense, devotion, shrine smell the pedestal gave off under all that dust. He wasn't entirely sure if there was a trail to follow, but he leaned toward a vague sense of direction nonetheless. As he and Violet reached the entrance of the tunnel, Mossdew jumped in surprise as the nearest sconce burst to life. "That [i]has[/i] to be a good sign!" Violet insisted as she picked up pace and took the lead. "We'll be right back, I just feel like there's something here," Mossdew called to Malachi as he followed further into the tunnel. Malachi gave an hmm-hm in acknowledgement, preoccupied by his own investigation. Violet and Mossdew followed the twisting path of the cave. Violet gasped at the first sighting of a strange artifact in a dusty alcove they encountered, but it soon became apparent that there were many more. This did not stop her from poking at each and every one, but just with slightly less enthusiasm than the first. "I like these a lot better. They don't give me headaches," Violet poked at one of the artifacts, tracing a carved line with a claw. "That might mean they don't do anything though." "I wouldn't say that. It might mean something we don't know." Violet made a thoughtful sound before the two continued on for a few more twisting turns. "I think there's something up ahead!" Violet began to bound forward with speed, and Mossdew followed suit. They ran out into the center of a junction of tunnels. ... The same junction of tunnels they had just come from. Mossdew glanced around and discovered they were right next to the very tunnel they had entered. "Find anything?" Malachi called out from the chamber. "Just holes in the wall with little carved things inside!" Violet replied, "None of them gave me headaches. We don't know if they do anything." "We found a loop," Mossdew added. "Ah, we may need to keep close track of our path moving forward to avoid getting turned around," Malachi emerged from the chamber, covered in dust. "I found the remnants of a pantry. I can't imagine anything in there has been edible for a long time." "Ah, too bad," Violet shook her head. Malachi and Mossdew exchanged a look, knowing that she would've tried random cave food if it had been preserved. "Anyway, where to next?" "We have some options," Malachi gestured to the three most distinct tunnels around them. Mossdew looked between them to consider his options, but realized the more he looked that what lay beyond one tunnel didn't seem to make any sense. He blinked and rubbed at his eyes but the scene didn't change. "Huh, that's weird." Violet followed her mate's gaze until she also spotted the weirdness involved. She laughed excitedly. "Oh, we [i]have[/i] to go that way!" she announced. "It does look... unique. But what if it gives you headaches?" Malachi countered. Violet considered this for a moment. "It's a risk I'm willing to take." She smiled at the potential challenge and started off toward the [b]UNREAL SCENE[/b], checking over her shoulder to make sure her friends were willing to follow her to whatever lay beyond. She didn't have to worry, because as always, they were. [rule] [center] Violet, Mossdew, and Malachi will investigate the [b]UNREAL SCENE[/b]. [/center]

_______________59373123.png 59373124.png 12267137.png

Mossdew followed his nose for the incense, devotion, shrine smell the pedestal gave off under all that dust. He wasn't entirely sure if there was a trail to follow, but he leaned toward a vague sense of direction nonetheless.
As he and Violet reached the entrance of the tunnel, Mossdew jumped in surprise as the nearest sconce burst to life.
"That has to be a good sign!" Violet insisted as she picked up pace and took the lead.
"We'll be right back, I just feel like there's something here," Mossdew called to Malachi as he followed further into the tunnel. Malachi gave an hmm-hm in acknowledgement, preoccupied by his own investigation.
Violet and Mossdew followed the twisting path of the cave. Violet gasped at the first sighting of a strange artifact in a dusty alcove they encountered, but it soon became apparent that there were many more. This did not stop her from poking at each and every one, but just with slightly less enthusiasm than the first.
"I like these a lot better. They don't give me headaches," Violet poked at one of the artifacts, tracing a carved line with a claw. "That might mean they don't do anything though."
"I wouldn't say that. It might mean something we don't know."
Violet made a thoughtful sound before the two continued on for a few more twisting turns.
"I think there's something up ahead!" Violet began to bound forward with speed, and Mossdew followed suit. They ran out into the center of a junction of tunnels.
... The same junction of tunnels they had just come from.
Mossdew glanced around and discovered they were right next to the very tunnel they had entered.
"Find anything?" Malachi called out from the chamber.
"Just holes in the wall with little carved things inside!" Violet replied, "None of them gave me headaches. We don't know if they do anything."
"We found a loop," Mossdew added.
"Ah, we may need to keep close track of our path moving forward to avoid getting turned around," Malachi emerged from the chamber, covered in dust. "I found the remnants of a pantry. I can't imagine anything in there has been edible for a long time."
"Ah, too bad," Violet shook her head. Malachi and Mossdew exchanged a look, knowing that she would've tried random cave food if it had been preserved. "Anyway, where to next?"
"We have some options," Malachi gestured to the three most distinct tunnels around them.
Mossdew looked between them to consider his options, but realized the more he looked that what lay beyond one tunnel didn't seem to make any sense. He blinked and rubbed at his eyes but the scene didn't change. "Huh, that's weird."
Violet followed her mate's gaze until she also spotted the weirdness involved. She laughed excitedly. "Oh, we have to go that way!" she announced.
"It does look... unique. But what if it gives you headaches?" Malachi countered.
Violet considered this for a moment. "It's a risk I'm willing to take." She smiled at the potential challenge and started off toward the UNREAL SCENE, checking over her shoulder to make sure her friends were willing to follow her to whatever lay beyond.
She didn't have to worry, because as always, they were.
Violet, Mossdew, and Malachi will investigate the UNREAL SCENE.
V0Ys4Wl.gifCat_Carnival_7_size_100.pngGY3dCkS.pngIQWJYtW.gif
[b][u]------[/u][/b] [center][emoji=skull size=1][/center] [br][columns][nextcol][indent][b][i]Day One: p3[/i][/b][/indent][br] [indent][emoji=torch size=1][/indent][/columns][columns][nextcol][indent] . . . Oh how interesting, an old armory, maybe some of that weaponry can be used for something more later on. Only time will tell what dangers lie in wait. Perhaps it might be good to look around at the CHAMBER and investigate it to see if there is anything about the area that could be useful or informative . . . . [nextcol][/columns][columns][nextcol][indent][quote name=hoard] [columns][nextcol][item=map kit][nextcol][br] >> map[/columns] [columns][nextcol][item=redwood kindling][nextcol][br] >> matches[/columns][columns][nextcol][br][size=2] + common loot[/quote][nextcol][indent][/columns]

Day One: p3

. . . Oh how interesting, an old armory, maybe some of that weaponry can be used for something more later on. Only time will tell what dangers lie in wait. Perhaps it might be good to look around at the CHAMBER and investigate it to see if there is anything about the area that could be useful or informative . . . .
hoard wrote:
Map Kit
>> map
Redwood Kindling
>> matches

+ common loot
TCan87U.png
... solitude's fun, don't get me wrong. For heaven's sake after a hundred years.... -BEN
..[ x o a n o n ]
OLBwj1S.gif
1U9XoNG.png
tumblr_otoz8r9aVl1v8lm95o3_r1_100.gif
**AXOLOTL RAFFLE**
Name: Zulaya Flight: Wind Adventurer: Mesa! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/42330921][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/423310/42330921_350.png[/img][/url] The Adventure Begins!: Mesa is a traveler who never stays in one place to long and is always looking for a new and interesting place to visit! (Two week run please)
Name: Zulaya
Flight: Wind
Adventurer: Mesa!
42330921_350.png
The Adventure Begins!:
Mesa is a traveler who never stays in one place to long and is always looking for a new and interesting place to visit!

(Two week run please)
windh8.png
Wavica tapped her claws impatiently as Eri and Ayman scoured the room, looking for anything out of the ordinary.
'So, can you, like, see? At all?' She chirped, swinging her head towards a deeply focused Ayman
Ayman waited a second before raising his head, skeletal headpiece scraping against scale with an unsettling hiss.
He stared at the bubbly coatl until she drooped her fanned-up wings with a sigh of disappointment.
'Man, you guys are boring. Why can't we have some fun? like, check out some of the obviously cooler stuff rather than scraping through rubble like a commoner?'
Eri paused and spoke from her perch on top of a particularly high pile of gravel, looking faintly insulted
'What do you think we should do then?'
Wavica bounced right up again, as though she had been waiting for this moment for years.
'Check the CHAMBER! And the PEDESTAL!'
Without waiting for so much as a second, she turned and dove towards them, clearly ready to do just what she had suggested.
Ayman just turned away with a sigh, and Eri joined him in CLEARING THE RUBBLE as Wavica cheered and smashed various objects.
.......................................................................................................

After Wavica had thoroughly exhausted herself by doing absolutely nothing, they were ready to move on. Ayman and Eri had immediately suggested following the moss, not trusting the smell or the strange scene. Wavica, too tired to properly protest, had leaped onto Ayman's back and refused to budge.

(Eri had laughed at the sight until Wavica had threatened to hitch a ride on her instead, after which she fell into dead silence.)

Ayman rustled his wings, drawing an indignant squawk from the coatl on his back, and FOLLOWED THE MOSS, Eri trailing behind him
Wavica tapped her claws impatiently as Eri and Ayman scoured the room, looking for anything out of the ordinary.
'So, can you, like, see? At all?' She chirped, swinging her head towards a deeply focused Ayman
Ayman waited a second before raising his head, skeletal headpiece scraping against scale with an unsettling hiss.
He stared at the bubbly coatl until she drooped her fanned-up wings with a sigh of disappointment.
'Man, you guys are boring. Why can't we have some fun? like, check out some of the obviously cooler stuff rather than scraping through rubble like a commoner?'
Eri paused and spoke from her perch on top of a particularly high pile of gravel, looking faintly insulted
'What do you think we should do then?'
Wavica bounced right up again, as though she had been waiting for this moment for years.
'Check the CHAMBER! And the PEDESTAL!'
Without waiting for so much as a second, she turned and dove towards them, clearly ready to do just what she had suggested.
Ayman just turned away with a sigh, and Eri joined him in CLEARING THE RUBBLE as Wavica cheered and smashed various objects.
.......................................................................................................

After Wavica had thoroughly exhausted herself by doing absolutely nothing, they were ready to move on. Ayman and Eri had immediately suggested following the moss, not trusting the smell or the strange scene. Wavica, too tired to properly protest, had leaped onto Ayman's back and refused to budge.

(Eri had laughed at the sight until Wavica had threatened to hitch a ride on her instead, after which she fell into dead silence.)

Ayman rustled his wings, drawing an indignant squawk from the coatl on his back, and FOLLOWED THE MOSS, Eri trailing behind him
ZhWd0U3.pngrafflebanner.gif
[b]Name:[/b] Sylvidoptera [b]Flight:[/b] Water [b]Adventurer(s):[/b] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/39285646][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/392857/39285646_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59024437][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/590245/59024437_350.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [b]Hekate[/b], my avid archaeologist. There's no way she'll sit out a chance to explore ruins. [br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br] [b]Archivist[/b], my well-read and organized automaton who loves helping to catalogue research and help others.[/columns] [b]The Adventure Begins!:[/b] Hekate was excited. The fall was nothing, since she'd taken worse on a lot of her ruins runs. It was just a sign that there was definitely something more than could be easily seen from above. The skydancer was very pleased she'd managed to talk the Archivist into coming with her. Not only did the automaton have a photographic memory and the sturdiness of a machine, but her fuel glowed softly to provide light where it was needed. Also, it was good to have a partner in case something did happen. Looking around, Hekate was almost vibrating with the need to explore everything. Too well experienced to think she could do it all at once, though, she looked at Archivist. "I think I'd like to [b]follow the sweetwater smell[/b]. If there's water in here, it could lead somewhere. Most things are built around water, after all. But before we do, how about you [b]move some of the rubble to try to get into that other room[/b] while I [b]look at the pedestal and the chamber[/b] to see if there are any directions, instructions, or whatever that might help us find our way."
Name: Sylvidoptera
Flight: Water
Adventurer(s):
39285646_350.png

59024437_350.png
Hekate, my avid archaeologist. There's no way she'll sit out a chance to explore ruins.

Archivist, my well-read and organized automaton who loves helping to catalogue research and help others.

The Adventure Begins!:

Hekate was excited. The fall was nothing, since she'd taken worse on a lot of her ruins runs. It was just a sign that there was definitely something more than could be easily seen from above.

The skydancer was very pleased she'd managed to talk the Archivist into coming with her. Not only did the automaton have a photographic memory and the sturdiness of a machine, but her fuel glowed softly to provide light where it was needed. Also, it was good to have a partner in case something did happen.

Looking around, Hekate was almost vibrating with the need to explore everything. Too well experienced to think she could do it all at once, though, she looked at Archivist. "I think I'd like to follow the sweetwater smell. If there's water in here, it could lead somewhere. Most things are built around water, after all. But before we do, how about you move some of the rubble to try to get into that other room while I look at the pedestal and the chamber to see if there are any directions, instructions, or whatever that might help us find our way."
AaYNmEX.png
tqGkHih.png
reHWBXk.png
oczO35g.png
JvUa9ma.png
_
Mesa investigates the sconces interested in how they function, before going to look in the chamber and clear the rubble, curious as to what it might hide.

After he is satisfied he goes to the unreal scene wanting to know what exactly is causing it to appear the way it does
Mesa investigates the sconces interested in how they function, before going to look in the chamber and clear the rubble, curious as to what it might hide.

After he is satisfied he goes to the unreal scene wanting to know what exactly is causing it to appear the way it does
windh8.png
[sub][sub]@Chaosarceus @BetaOrionis @J0taro @Pikappyon @thatwhatthing @Joywing @Centennial @transuralian @Kaleran @Saraceaser @Moray @Cerastium @BreezeFeather @bxy26 @Sorrowspark @jbapple @dd2900 @HollowBay @NadiyaSilver @Luciferr @Loreka @Enen16106 @myriadofstars @Tammoratya @Skyfinch @quietgal @Disillusionist @Hydrixz404 @Tynethyne @Dessy @Discowing @dragonpals @myriadofstars @mewCoyote @tigressRising @Rivertyl @RisenWolf @Hemmalaya @voidbeast @AloVra @Stanzascale @seasalted @ptarmigan @boggymcbogface @Crim @moonstrucksmorns @ecetulle @IllusiveFox @Xayxayx @SporkLord @Dragoneko @Xoanon @EggLord1 @Sylvidoptera [/sub][/sub] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/1jSl7Vg.png[/img][/center] [size=4][b][color=red]H[/color][/b]ello players![/size] I hope you're having fun, because I know we are! This is the first time either of us have tried to personalize a Choose Your Own Adventure, and I hope you're enjoying the twists we've thrown in and the loot you're scoring. We appreciate your patience as we continue to work on the system we're using and tweak it to make sure everyone has a good time and the event remains as accessible as possible - for us AND you. [size=4][b][color=green]I[/size][/color][/b]n the interest of that, we're extending each day's play [b]by 4 hours[/b], in order to give everyone plenty of time to wrap up their previous day's play before moving on in the adventure regardless of time zone. New days will begin at [b]0430[/b]FRT, after one final round of replies for the previous day's interactions. [size=4][b][color=red]O[/color][/b][/size]nce the new day has been posted, any posts for the previous day will be [b]ignored[/b]. We'd like to provide a clear cutoff for each day and make sure nobody gets left behind in the story. [size=4][b][color=green]A[/color][/size][/b]ny future tweaks will be announced in the post for that day! You're only getting this ping because it affects how long you have to play today. =D Again, we appreciate your patience as we polish this system to perfection! Thank you [i]so[/i] much for playing, and see you in the wunderworld!
@Chaosarceus @BetaOrionis @J0taro @Pikappyon @thatwhatthing @Joywing @Centennial @transuralian @Kaleran @Saraceaser @Moray @Cerastium @BreezeFeather @bxy26 @Sorrowspark @jbapple @dd2900 @HollowBay @NadiyaSilver @Luciferr @Loreka @Enen16106 @myriadofstars @Tammoratya @Skyfinch @quietgal @Disillusionist @Hydrixz404 @Tynethyne @Dessy @Discowing @dragonpals @myriadofstars @mewCoyote @tigressRising @Rivertyl @RisenWolf @Hemmalaya @voidbeast @AloVra @Stanzascale @seasalted @ptarmigan @boggymcbogface @Crim @moonstrucksmorns @ecetulle @IllusiveFox @Xayxayx @SporkLord @Dragoneko @Xoanon @EggLord1 @Sylvidoptera
1jSl7Vg.png

Hello players! I hope you're having fun, because I know we are! This is the first time either of us have tried to personalize a Choose Your Own Adventure, and I hope you're enjoying the twists we've thrown in and the loot you're scoring. We appreciate your patience as we continue to work on the system we're using and tweak it to make sure everyone has a good time and the event remains as accessible as possible - for us AND you.

In the interest of that, we're extending each day's play by 4 hours, in order to give everyone plenty of time to wrap up their previous day's play before moving on in the adventure regardless of time zone. New days will begin at 0430FRT, after one final round of replies for the previous day's interactions.

Once the new day has been posted, any posts for the previous day will be ignored. We'd like to provide a clear cutoff for each day and make sure nobody gets left behind in the story.

Any future tweaks will be announced in the post for that day! You're only getting this ping because it affects how long you have to play today. =D Again, we appreciate your patience as we polish this system to perfection! Thank you so much for playing, and see you in the wunderworld!

nXERsAh.gif x
Quest
they/them

wishlist
skyquest
loreshop
x
hm6g4Hg.gif
z6yC46F.png
xx
vqpPMnZ.png x tumblr_inline_ny7iufldYa1qmzhvw_540.png
@Xoanon [br][br][emoji=torch size=1] This chamber used to be a pantry, and its full of shelves that clearly used to house much more than they currently do. As it stands, there's a few jars here and there, though the contents are probably questionable. [br][br]You have found some [b]COMMON LOOT[/b] (will be sent to you later!).[br][br]------[br]You can either go down the [b][color=green]S[/color]WEETWATER[/b] tunnel, into the [b][color=red]M[/color]OSS[/b]y tunnel, or you can check out the [b][color=grey]U[/color]NREAL SCENE[/b] outside. What will you do?
@Xoanon

This chamber used to be a pantry, and its full of shelves that clearly used to house much more than they currently do. As it stands, there's a few jars here and there, though the contents are probably questionable.

You have found some COMMON LOOT (will be sent to you later!).

You can either go down the SWEETWATER tunnel, into the MOSSy tunnel, or you can check out the UNREAL SCENE outside.

What will you do?
nXERsAh.gif x
Quest
they/them

wishlist
skyquest
loreshop
x
hm6g4Hg.gif
z6yC46F.png
xx
@EggLord1 [br][br][emoji=torch size=1] This chamber used to be a pantry, and its full of shelves that clearly used to house much more than they currently do. As it stands, there's a few jars here and there, though the contents are probably questionable. [br][br]You search with all your might, but you cannot find anything worthwhile.[br][br][br][br][emoji=torch size=1] This chamber used to be a pantry, and its full of shelves that clearly used to house much more than they currently do. As it stands, there's a few jars here and there, though the contents are probably questionable. [br][br]You have found some [b]COMMON LOOT[/b] (will be sent to you later!).[br][br][br][br][emoji=torch size=1] It takes some effort, but you manage to shift the rubble away from an old half-rotten door and investigate the room behind it; which appears to be a former armory. There's some old poles that might have once been halberds and some dented pieces of armor scattered across the floor.[br][br]You have found some [b]COMMON LOOT[/b] (will be sent to you later!).[br][br]------[br]You're exhausted and decide to rest for the day. No more daily interactions available.
@EggLord1

This chamber used to be a pantry, and its full of shelves that clearly used to house much more than they currently do. As it stands, there's a few jars here and there, though the contents are probably questionable.

You search with all your might, but you cannot find anything worthwhile.

It takes some effort, but you manage to shift the rubble away from an old half-rotten door and investigate the room behind it; which appears to be a former armory. There's some old poles that might have once been halberds and some dented pieces of armor scattered across the floor.

You're exhausted and decide to rest for the day. No more daily interactions available.
nXERsAh.gif x
Quest
they/them

wishlist
skyquest
loreshop
x
hm6g4Hg.gif
z6yC46F.png
xx
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51498510][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/514986/51498510p.png[/img][/url][nextcol]Iola approaches the pile of SCONCES. She opens her book to take notes when she realizes she seems to be missing a writing utensil. "Drat," she murmurs. The plant clinging tightly to her head shifts; it stretches out a tendril to gift her a pen, surprisingly undamaged by their fall. "Thanks." She settles in to study the sconces.[/columns] [columns]Chihiro peeks up at the CHAMBER. Perhaps something sits inside, or interesting art may hint at this place's purpose. The hainu joins him, glancing between the fae and the chamber with a goofy grin. "Here, c'mere, give me a boost," Chihiro requests. The hainu obliges, and Chihiro manages to grab the edge and pull himself up to investigate the chamber.[nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52772767][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/527728/52772767p.png[/img][/url][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51498510][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/514986/51498510p.png[/img][/url][nextcol]Once she's gathered all the information she can from the sconces, Iola moves over to look at the PEDESTAL. It's broken. She wonders if it can be fixed, and makes gentle efforts.[/columns] Iola stretches. The fall's left her sore, not to mention shifting the bits of pedestal, but she's still ready to move on. "Alright. About done desecrating?" Chihiro makes a mock offended noise from his perch on the edge of the chamber. "I would never." He scrambles down, landing rather ungracefully upon the ground. "So which way now?" They confer for a moment before deciding to take the path of the MOSS.
51498510p.png Iola approaches the pile of SCONCES. She opens her book to take notes when she realizes she seems to be missing a writing utensil. "Drat," she murmurs. The plant clinging tightly to her head shifts; it stretches out a tendril to gift her a pen, surprisingly undamaged by their fall. "Thanks." She settles in to study the sconces.
Chihiro peeks up at the CHAMBER. Perhaps something sits inside, or interesting art may hint at this place's purpose. The hainu joins him, glancing between the fae and the chamber with a goofy grin. "Here, c'mere, give me a boost," Chihiro requests. The hainu obliges, and Chihiro manages to grab the edge and pull himself up to investigate the chamber. 52772767p.png
51498510p.png Once she's gathered all the information she can from the sconces, Iola moves over to look at the PEDESTAL. It's broken. She wonders if it can be fixed, and makes gentle efforts.
Iola stretches. The fall's left her sore, not to mention shifting the bits of pedestal, but she's still ready to move on. "Alright. About done desecrating?"
Chihiro makes a mock offended noise from his perch on the edge of the chamber. "I would never." He scrambles down, landing rather ungracefully upon the ground. "So which way now?"
They confer for a moment before deciding to take the path of the MOSS.
tm7K06Z.pngWx0EgSk.png
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 160 161