Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [BSJ] Design Your Own Light Dragon!
1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 71 72
[center][font=monotype corsiva][size=6][b]A Binding Ascent[/b][/size][/font] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2872911/22#post_43752012][u]Part 1: A New Dawn[/u][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2872911/37#post_43773797][u]Part 2: A Familiar Warmth[/u][/url] [img]https://i.imgur.com/EfKgD96.png[/img] The two sat in silence, hands entwined, watching at the sun slowly rose. These precious minutes soon evaporated, as a group of intimidating Guardians approached from over the far hill. Calamen, who had been resting against the pedestal, quickly hopped away from the sacred stone. She took to the air, hovering in front of Arien. The bogsneak reached out and carressed the side of Calamen's face. The fae closed her eyes, leaning into the touch. "Farewell," she buzzed. "Farewell," Arien whispered. Before she could say anything else, the fae flew away, darting off into the distance. Arien watched her leave, then turned to face the approaching guardians. [img]https://i.imgur.com/Yt4bA5d.png[/img] The male guardian in the front of the group stepped forward. Arien felt the knot in her stomach release - if they had seen the fae, they were choosing to ignore it. "Princess Arien," the guardian rumbled, bowing. The others bowed as well, and Arien acknowledged their fealty with a nod. "Glinduath," she greeted her captain of the guard. "It is time, princess, for the Adornment," the captain explained. He gestured and out from behind the group stepped an elderly skydancer. [img]https://i.imgur.com/R7VIdR9.png[/img] The skydancer bowed her head, and then immediately got to work pulling items from her satchel with her grey, trembling claws. "Tailor," the captain warned. The old skydancer looked up and adjusted her glasses, which had somewhat slid down her nose. "Oh yes. May I approach your highness?" "You may," Arien replied. She looked back to her guards as the elder prepared the garments. "You disappeared this morning, your highness," Glinduath spoke before Arien had the chance to say anything. "Is there a reason you have come here, alone, on the day of your Ascent?" The princess flushed, but did not look away from the guard. "Perhaps I simply wished for some solitude before I took my place on the Pedestal." Glinduath was not so easily fooled, but he did not press the issue. "It is not safe," he scolded, but there was no fire behind his words. Arien turned her attention back to the skydancer without responding. The sun was beginning to beat hot against her wings now. She fidgeted as the tailor approached her with golden silks. "Please be still now, princess," her voice scraped in her throat. The tailor drank some water from a container before continuing. "First we have the Veil, so that you may forever rule with humility." Arien almost rolled her eyes, but caught herself in time. "In humility may I rule." [item=golden silk veil] "Next, the Collar, so that your words may be forever wise," the tailor continued, clasping a gold necklace around the princess's neck. "May wisdom guide my words," Arien echoed. [item=simple gold necklace] "Golden Cuffs, to bind you to your duty," the skydancer recited. She locked the confining jewelry around Arien's wrists and ankles. The metal was cold against her scales. "May I be bound in duty," Arien replied. The skydancer looked at her from over her glasses. "To duty, my princess." "Yes, to duty." [item=river royalist cuffs] The tailor continued. "Golden Rings, to bless your rule with longevity." "Long may I reign." [item=river royalist tail rings] "And finally," the skydancer carefully lifted a pointed, golden crown. She held it up above their heads, its thorny sides glistening in the sun. "The Crown, so that you may rule with strength and serve as our Light." "May my rule be strong, and my Light unerring." [item=gilded rose thorn crown] The skydancer gently placed the crown on the princess's head. It balanced well, held in place by pricking thorns that pressed into her fins. It did not hurt, but it was not comfortable. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=823182&skin=0&apparel=22837,3698,1094,1092,439&xt=dressing.png[/img] "Am I your queen now?" she asked jokingly. The skydancer stumbled over her words. "Well um, no princess, I mean, you--" "After the Naming, princess." Glinduath smirked. "Do be patient." Arien laughed. The flustered skydancer bowed again and quickly left with two of the guards. Soon Glinduath and Arien were alone together in the fields. The captain took his place next to the princess. "The people will be arriving soon." "Yes." "But you have already had a visitor today." Arien did not look at the guard. "I do not know what you are referring to." Glinduath was silent. After a few tense moments, he reached out with one claw and picked something up from the ground next to the pillar. "She left this for you," he said, holding up a deep blue rose. Arien's eyes widened - she scrambled for something to say to cover for Calamen, but Glinduath shook his head. "It's okay," he said. With uncharacteristic gentleness, he tucked the delicate blossom behind her fins. "Remember her." Tears stung at the corners of Arien's eyes. She blinked a few times to regain composure. "Thank you." The captain stepped back into his post at her side, and together they watched in silence as the sun climbed ever higher into the sky. ----- [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=14&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=22837,3698,1094,1092,439&xt=dressing.png[/img] [item=gilded rose thorn crown][item=golden silk veil][item=river royalist tail rings][item=river royalist cuffs][item=simple gold necklace] Here is the mannequin and item choices for today's challenge. The reasons for choosing each piece of clothing and their importance to Arien's status as soon-to-be-queen are in the roleplay text itself.
A Binding Ascent

Part 1: A New Dawn

Part 2: A Familiar Warmth

EfKgD96.png

The two sat in silence, hands entwined, watching at the sun slowly rose. These precious minutes soon evaporated, as a group of intimidating Guardians approached from over the far hill. Calamen, who had been resting against the pedestal, quickly hopped away from the sacred stone. She took to the air, hovering in front of Arien. The bogsneak reached out and carressed the side of Calamen's face. The fae closed her eyes, leaning into the touch.

"Farewell," she buzzed.

"Farewell," Arien whispered. Before she could say anything else, the fae flew away, darting off into the distance. Arien watched her leave, then turned to face the approaching guardians.

Yt4bA5d.png

The male guardian in the front of the group stepped forward. Arien felt the knot in her stomach release - if they had seen the fae, they were choosing to ignore it.

"Princess Arien," the guardian rumbled, bowing. The others bowed as well, and Arien acknowledged their fealty with a nod.

"Glinduath," she greeted her captain of the guard.

"It is time, princess, for the Adornment," the captain explained. He gestured and out from behind the group stepped an elderly skydancer.

R7VIdR9.png

The skydancer bowed her head, and then immediately got to work pulling items from her satchel with her grey, trembling claws.

"Tailor," the captain warned.

The old skydancer looked up and adjusted her glasses, which had somewhat slid down her nose. "Oh yes. May I approach your highness?"

"You may," Arien replied. She looked back to her guards as the elder prepared the garments.

"You disappeared this morning, your highness," Glinduath spoke before Arien had the chance to say anything. "Is there a reason you have come here, alone, on the day of your Ascent?"

The princess flushed, but did not look away from the guard. "Perhaps I simply wished for some solitude before I took my place on the Pedestal."

Glinduath was not so easily fooled, but he did not press the issue. "It is not safe," he scolded, but there was no fire behind his words. Arien turned her attention back to the skydancer without responding.

The sun was beginning to beat hot against her wings now. She fidgeted as the tailor approached her with golden silks.

"Please be still now, princess," her voice scraped in her throat. The tailor drank some water from a container before continuing. "First we have the Veil, so that you may forever rule with humility."

Arien almost rolled her eyes, but caught herself in time. "In humility may I rule."

Golden Silk Veil

"Next, the Collar, so that your words may be forever wise," the tailor continued, clasping a gold necklace around the princess's neck.

"May wisdom guide my words," Arien echoed.

Simple Gold Necklace

"Golden Cuffs, to bind you to your duty," the skydancer recited. She locked the confining jewelry around Arien's wrists and ankles. The metal was cold against her scales.

"May I be bound in duty," Arien replied. The skydancer looked at her from over her glasses.

"To duty, my princess."

"Yes, to duty."

River Royalist Cuffs

The tailor continued. "Golden Rings, to bless your rule with longevity."

"Long may I reign."

River Royalist Tail Rings

"And finally," the skydancer carefully lifted a pointed, golden crown. She held it up above their heads, its thorny sides glistening in the sun. "The Crown, so that you may rule with strength and serve as our Light."

"May my rule be strong, and my Light unerring."

Gilded Rose Thorn Crown

The skydancer gently placed the crown on the princess's head. It balanced well, held in place by pricking thorns that pressed into her fins. It did not hurt, but it was not comfortable.

scry?sdid=823182&skin=0&apparel=22837,3698,1094,1092,439&xt=dressing.png

"Am I your queen now?" she asked jokingly. The skydancer stumbled over her words. "Well um, no princess, I mean, you--"

"After the Naming, princess." Glinduath smirked. "Do be patient."

Arien laughed. The flustered skydancer bowed again and quickly left with two of the guards. Soon Glinduath and Arien were alone together in the fields.

The captain took his place next to the princess. "The people will be arriving soon."

"Yes."

"But you have already had a visitor today."

Arien did not look at the guard. "I do not know what you are referring to."

Glinduath was silent. After a few tense moments, he reached out with one claw and picked something up from the ground next to the pillar.

"She left this for you," he said, holding up a deep blue rose. Arien's eyes widened - she scrambled for something to say to cover for Calamen, but Glinduath shook his head.

"It's okay," he said. With uncharacteristic gentleness, he tucked the delicate blossom behind her fins. "Remember her."

Tears stung at the corners of Arien's eyes. She blinked a few times to regain composure. "Thank you."

The captain stepped back into his post at her side, and together they watched in silence as the sun climbed ever higher into the sky.

dummy?breed=14&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=22837,3698,1094,1092,439&xt=dressing.png

Gilded Rose Thorn Crown Golden Silk Veil River Royalist Tail Rings River Royalist Cuffs Simple Gold Necklace

Here is the mannequin and item choices for today's challenge. The reasons for choosing each piece of clothing and their importance to Arien's status as soon-to-be-queen are in the roleplay text itself.
[center][size=4]First and foremost, Soraya has come to the clan to learn. She has no special duties at first, but eventually she goes on gathering trips and border patrols whenever she's off from her magic studies. Therefore, her outfit is casual (or at least as casual as a spoiled little dragon can make it).[/size][/center] [center][outfit=1234893][outfit=1234894][/center] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=816435&skin=0&apparel=3685,35010,6024,6031&xt=dressing.png[/img] [right][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=11&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=3685,35010,6024,6031&xt=dressing.png[/img][/right] [center][item=golden silk scarf][item=daybreak decorations][item=gold renaissance shirt][item=brown breeches][/center]
First and foremost, Soraya has come to the clan to learn. She has no special duties at first, but eventually she goes on gathering trips and border patrols whenever she's off from her magic studies. Therefore, her outfit is casual (or at least as casual as a spoiled little dragon can make it).
Soraya
Soraya 2
scry?sdid=816435&skin=0&apparel=3685,35010,6024,6031&xt=dressing.png
dummy?breed=11&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=3685,35010,6024,6031&xt=dressing.png
Golden Silk Scarf Daybreak Decorations Gold Renaissance Shirt Brown Breeches
----- [center] [font=Verdana][size=2][b]Day Three - Tuesday[/b] [font=Cambria][size=1][b]Challenge #3[/b][/size] ----- [columns][center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=818058&skin=0&apparel=26941,35010,26942,3685,32010&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] [nextcol][center] Challenge #1 Genes and Breed: [font=Verdana][size=2]Python / Seraph / Ringets Skydancer ----- [font=Cambria][size=2][b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/scrying/predict?morph=818058][u]Predict Morphology[/u][/url][/b][/size] ----- [font=Verdana][size=2][/center][LIST] [*][gamedb item=26941] [*][gamedb item=35010] [*][gamedb item=26942] [*][gamedb item=3685] [*][gamedb item=32010] [/LIST] I wanted to giver her a more Trinket Collector look. I would imagine that she loves crafting charms and accessories to create atmosphere, and often helps with decorations for the various events that happen within the Clan. Therefore, I wanted to go with the type of yellow apparel that has some sort of accesories, like the small lantern in the [b]Iron Steampunk Tail Bauble[/b] and the [b]Daybreak Decorations[/b]. The [b]Golden Silk Scarf[/b] paired perfectly with the [b]Luminous Sundrapes[/b] and I also thought the [b]Luminous Halo[/b] was very fitting.

Day Three - Tuesday

Challenge #3

scry?sdid=818058&skin=0&apparel=26941,35010,26942,3685,32010&xt=dressing.png

Challenge #1 Genes and Breed:

Python / Seraph / Ringets
Skydancer

Predict Morphology

I wanted to giver her a more Trinket Collector look. I would imagine that she loves crafting charms and accessories to create atmosphere, and often helps with decorations for the various events that happen within the Clan. Therefore, I wanted to go with the type of yellow apparel that has some sort of accesories, like the small lantern in the Iron Steampunk Tail Bauble and the Daybreak Decorations. The Golden Silk Scarf paired perfectly with the Luminous Sundrapes and I also thought the Luminous Halo was very fitting.
GNG7q0I.png
about
wishlist
journal

2021-08-07_Katsuji2.png
*squeak!*
[columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=7&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=1748,26941,272,13082,1967&xt=dressing.png[/img][nextcol][item=peace dove] [item=daisy flowerfall] [item=peacebringer's mantle] [item=off-white skypost sandals] [item=luminous halo] [/columns] her character represents peace and serenity, like her rainbow colors. The peace dove and peacebringer's mantle helps bring out her character of being a peacemaker and peacebringer, and the skypost sandals help her travel through the clouds during her journey of bringing peace. The halo represents light and the flowerfall adds a bit of scenery for her character.
dummy?breed=7&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=1748,26941,272,13082,1967&xt=dressing.png Peace Dove
Daisy Flowerfall
Peacebringer's Mantle
Off-White Skypost Sandals
Luminous Halo
her character represents peace and serenity, like her rainbow colors. The peace dove and peacebringer's mantle helps bring out her character of being a peacemaker and peacebringer, and the skypost sandals help her travel through the clouds during her journey of bringing peace. The halo represents light and the flowerfall adds a bit of scenery for her character.
@Amariel
May I be added to the daily pinglist? Thank you!
@Amariel
May I be added to the daily pinglist? Thank you!
ZkrybUr.pngHpFAuE9.png1NdxgnA.pngmszQFLE.pngDShktv0.pnglVtJpxL.pngm2UuQXy.pngFRqIr6K.pngblackrayser_by_pyromaniacalbonsai-dc058le.gif
FA1PXy5.png
Can you still design an outfit now if you didn't participate earlier?
Can you still design an outfit now if you didn't participate earlier?
Owl-2-20200914125609.png
@Crytzall

Submissions for yesterday's apparel challenge closed at rollover, sorry!
@Crytzall

Submissions for yesterday's apparel challenge closed at rollover, sorry!
i3C8xUt.gifKcj5hrt.gifQa1EIOj.png
Thank you everyone for all the wonderful apparel suggestions! It was also great seeing what other skills and quirks you have given our dragon to develop their personality and backstory! You can collect this badge for completing the Day 3 challenge: [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/2qmDlRL.png[/img][/center] Familiars come in all shapes and sizes. Some are as small as a bird or insect, while others can be as large as a whale! Many dragons in Sornieth have taken to bonding closely with a single familiar. [quote=Challenge #4: Familiar] [b]Choose a familiar as a companion for the dragon and describe their relationship![/b] - Use the item code to display the familiar icon in your post. [/quote] ----- [size=1]@Juxta13, @quotesnmiracles, @KittyandCat, @TastyPastry, @Sinjin, @Autumnus, @Sheylanarr, @VeniVidiVici, @JoxarBoxar, @TempestDragon, @HydreigonOxide, @yellowstarfish, @Dessy, @Rolyo, @FruitAndFlour, @Aprycus, @Cerastium, @kitty1425, @Enen16106, @SwiftIsHere, @sikora, @genderquest, @Katsuji, @c33213, @Lunalis, @Wylin, @HollowBay, @Goldenwolfmidna, @tinybee, @GoldenSootball, @sockmonkeygerald, @PossessedBirb, @Forestwolf, @WolfprintsSC, @Saraceaser, @Teacookie, @tereshkova2001, @Nevros, @hochseehai, @Venusian, @Dragoneko, @sgkat, @Oraina, @mintea00, @ghostlyplants, @JayKatt, @anrei, @COparade, @tigressRising, @FishingNet, @handfulofbees, @seasalted, @WaverVelvet, @IllusiveFox, @Deermeat12345, @Ajgreelyfan3, @Claares, @Moray, @AquaEmperor, @Solarvul, @Lilydew, @NightRising, @Paladingineer, @Phaedra, @Bxy26, @TastyPastry, @honour, @skeletalecho, @RaiStarDragon, @WeaverofLies, @erevainsgirl, @Kookaburra, @Whirlwish, @IndigoCat, @MarinaQuakenbush, @ShinyDecidueye, @TheTryHardBanana, @Moonweaverr, @Shihana, @gardenvoir, @RisenWolf, @Zulaya, @Sidegrinder, @vesperumxx, @dividedAnimus, @divitineo, @pipascout22, @Reythaak, @straewberries, @Starphire, @Rosewing, @Pixel, @Unicorn6, @Kunikida, @Stannum, @Solanceae, @FluffyTundras, @FrenchKey, @chromatographic, @changelingpunk, @FableSky, @Oreina, @GiantPandroid, @voidbeast, @Achoo, @rhapsodicDream, @Tilli, @Wizardry, @betty, @Hirrrio, @Foxg1ove, @coyoterodeo, @Tahoma, @Forestwolf, @AloVra, @Lameforgers, @Punkinator919, @Hydrixz404, @WardenOfTheBluff, @PronghornPunk, @Scales25, @TheAwesoMew, @Dakkokki, @PunkPinkPower, @PrincessTaozi, @GuardianDragonak, @lunarScale, @phoenixash, @Pluto248, @Katsuokai, @Basilbub, @Valyrie, @MistyGold, @Scatterspark, @Phrygian, @Elodee, @jbapple, @SunstonePhoenix, @MandragoraAutumn, @Sylvidoptera, @Seabi, @shepardess, @Herodias, @Cioccolata, @idlewildly, @Prescott, @Evet, @Pigwidgeon, @Snapdragoon, @Sachqua, @BlackRayser[/size]
Thank you everyone for all the wonderful apparel suggestions! It was also great seeing what other skills and quirks you have given our dragon to develop their personality and backstory! You can collect this badge for completing the Day 3 challenge:
2qmDlRL.png

Familiars come in all shapes and sizes. Some are as small as a bird or insect, while others can be as large as a whale! Many dragons in Sornieth have taken to bonding closely with a single familiar.

Challenge #4: Familiar wrote:
Choose a familiar as a companion for the dragon and describe their relationship!

- Use the item code to display the familiar icon in your post.

@Juxta13, @quotesnmiracles, @KittyandCat, @TastyPastry, @Sinjin, @Autumnus, @Sheylanarr, @VeniVidiVici, @JoxarBoxar, @TempestDragon, @HydreigonOxide, @yellowstarfish, @Dessy, @Rolyo, @FruitAndFlour, @Aprycus, @Cerastium, @kitty1425, @Enen16106, @SwiftIsHere, @sikora, @genderquest, @Katsuji, @c33213, @Lunalis, @Wylin, @HollowBay, @Goldenwolfmidna, @tinybee, @GoldenSootball, @sockmonkeygerald, @PossessedBirb, @Forestwolf, @WolfprintsSC, @Saraceaser, @Teacookie, @tereshkova2001, @Nevros, @hochseehai, @Venusian, @Dragoneko, @sgkat, @Oraina, @mintea00, @ghostlyplants, @JayKatt, @anrei, @COparade, @tigressRising, @FishingNet, @handfulofbees, @seasalted, @WaverVelvet, @IllusiveFox, @Deermeat12345, @Ajgreelyfan3, @Claares, @Moray, @AquaEmperor, @Solarvul, @Lilydew, @NightRising, @Paladingineer, @Phaedra, @Bxy26, @TastyPastry, @honour, @skeletalecho, @RaiStarDragon, @WeaverofLies, @erevainsgirl, @Kookaburra, @Whirlwish, @IndigoCat, @MarinaQuakenbush, @ShinyDecidueye, @TheTryHardBanana, @Moonweaverr, @Shihana, @gardenvoir, @RisenWolf, @Zulaya, @Sidegrinder, @vesperumxx, @dividedAnimus, @divitineo, @pipascout22, @Reythaak, @straewberries, @Starphire, @Rosewing, @Pixel, @Unicorn6, @Kunikida, @Stannum, @Solanceae, @FluffyTundras, @FrenchKey, @chromatographic, @changelingpunk, @FableSky, @Oreina, @GiantPandroid, @voidbeast, @Achoo, @rhapsodicDream, @Tilli, @Wizardry, @betty, @Hirrrio, @Foxg1ove, @coyoterodeo, @Tahoma, @Forestwolf, @AloVra, @Lameforgers, @Punkinator919, @Hydrixz404, @WardenOfTheBluff, @PronghornPunk, @Scales25, @TheAwesoMew, @Dakkokki, @PunkPinkPower, @PrincessTaozi, @GuardianDragonak, @lunarScale, @phoenixash, @Pluto248, @Katsuokai, @Basilbub, @Valyrie, @MistyGold, @Scatterspark, @Phrygian, @Elodee, @jbapple, @SunstonePhoenix, @MandragoraAutumn, @Sylvidoptera, @Seabi, @shepardess, @Herodias, @Cioccolata, @idlewildly, @Prescott, @Evet, @Pigwidgeon, @Snapdragoon, @Sachqua, @BlackRayser
i3C8xUt.gifKcj5hrt.gifQa1EIOj.png
[item=serthis support] [img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/25166.png[/img] As a fellow (living?) statue, I think my dragon and this Serthis Support would get along well - they have a lot in common.
Serthis Support
25166.png
As a fellow (living?) statue, I think my dragon and this Serthis Support would get along well - they have a lot in common.
Na5WGHa.png
[center]Luminos would definitely match up with a Jelly Drone, especially with her apparel on. Besides looking relatively the same, they're both fighters and are tough for any opponent to beat. [/center] [columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=821467&skin=0&apparel=12269,11218,9218,12922,9816&xt=dressing.png[/img][nextcol][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/33304.png[/img][center][item=Jelly Drone][/center]
Luminos would definitely match up with a Jelly Drone, especially with her apparel on. Besides looking relatively the same, they're both fighters and are tough for any opponent to beat.
scry?sdid=821467&skin=0&apparel=12269,11218,9218,12922,9816&xt=dressing.png 33304.png
Jelly Drone
6347.png » styygian | they/them
» FR + 2
» ENFP
» ID #525623
~ » wishlist
» dragons for sale
1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 71 72