Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [BSJ] Design Your Own Light Dragon!
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 71 72
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=13&breed=4&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=12&winggene=25&wings=110&auth=7cc63f739e0fdbdcd2877756beb6680b6bf9e866&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I would name this lovely Pearlcatcher Aurum! It's simple, but fitting: Aurum is Latin for gold, and she is well-suited to her golden color scheme. The name is both elegant and manages to convey power and respect, which Aurum would easily be able to do.
dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=13&breed=4&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=12&winggene=25&wings=110&auth=7cc63f739e0fdbdcd2877756beb6680b6bf9e866&dummyext=prev.png
I would name this lovely Pearlcatcher Aurum! It's simple, but fitting: Aurum is Latin for gold, and she is well-suited to her golden color scheme. The name is both elegant and manages to convey power and respect, which Aurum would easily be able to do.
Wetdog | she/her | fr +3
Hm, I was thinking of going with Momozora, which means basically "Peach Dawn" (momo=in japanese means peach; zora=in slav means dawn), simply because when I think of peaches I think of that one eastern story about Momotaro, the boy that was born from a peach; the dawn part is because as sort of a light rep it suits her, but also because Momotaro in the story is set to destroy evil, the action often described in stories as "setting of a new dawn".
Hm, I was thinking of going with Momozora, which means basically "Peach Dawn" (momo=in japanese means peach; zora=in slav means dawn), simply because when I think of peaches I think of that one eastern story about Momotaro, the boy that was born from a peach; the dawn part is because as sort of a light rep it suits her, but also because Momotaro in the story is set to destroy evil, the action often described in stories as "setting of a new dawn".
wMXAg3w.png
z3ouQq5.gif

[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=1&breed=9&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=12&winggene=25&wings=110&auth=ee6b80b8357327f338ac11b44f2cd7c326b9bcc9&dummyext=prev.png[/img] For a name, I would probably name her Sunniva. If research serves me correctly, it's another form of Sunngifu, which means Sun Gift. Given how bright she is and how she is essentially a gift from the Light Flight to the winner of this challenge, the name seems to fit her perfectly!
dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=1&breed=9&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=12&winggene=25&wings=110&auth=ee6b80b8357327f338ac11b44f2cd7c326b9bcc9&dummyext=prev.png
For a name, I would probably name her Sunniva. If research serves me correctly, it's another form of Sunngifu, which means Sun Gift. Given how bright she is and how she is essentially a gift from the Light Flight to the winner of this challenge, the name seems to fit her perfectly!
Gr7tY6Q.gif
So I'm predictable, and I think I'd probably go for Amaterasu, the Shinto Kami associated with the sun.
If not that, Hathor in Egyption Mythology is the mother of Ra and Horus.
So I'm predictable, and I think I'd probably go for Amaterasu, the Shinto Kami associated with the sun.
If not that, Hathor in Egyption Mythology is the mother of Ra and Horus.
hFZSb6U.png MUYNhfy.png
fX0bVgZ.png
08G086a.png
tqGkHih.png
J7D1quC.png
ysD8zNU.png
You may have taken the lead, but I'll even the score.
You won the battle, you won't win the war.
Not now, and
Nevermore.
LuxVera, Latin for True light.

As most people know, Light members are in constant pursuit of the truth, which they hold above all else. They are scholarly and knowledgeable, and love discovering ruins to find the truth beyond everything.

Latin fits because of their love of lost ruins and old scrolls. I'm sure they would enjoy learning about ancient languages and studying them.

also the name looks cool and sounds important hdsslk
LuxVera, Latin for True light.

As most people know, Light members are in constant pursuit of the truth, which they hold above all else. They are scholarly and knowledgeable, and love discovering ruins to find the truth beyond everything.

Latin fits because of their love of lost ruins and old scrolls. I'm sure they would enjoy learning about ancient languages and studying them.

also the name looks cool and sounds important hdsslk
its okay
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=7&breed=4&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=54&winggene=8&wings=110&auth=e60a5acc4c810170c7ff6c6b22ecae63acc22489&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [b]Aetheria[/b] In Greek mythology, Aetheria is one of the Heliades, the daughters of Helios, god of the sun. This particular name comes from the aether, the pure essence breathed by the gods only. (Also, I have a light rep dragon in my lair called Aegle, which is one of the other Heliades. I thought it would have been nice to make this dragon her sister)
dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=7&breed=4&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=54&winggene=8&wings=110&auth=e60a5acc4c810170c7ff6c6b22ecae63acc22489&dummyext=prev.png

Aetheria
In Greek mythology, Aetheria is one of the Heliades, the daughters of Helios, god of the sun. This particular name comes from the aether, the pure essence breathed by the gods only.

(Also, I have a light rep dragon in my lair called Aegle, which is one of the other Heliades. I thought it would have been nice to make this dragon her sister)
Untitled.pngw8o0xW1.png163881497108875322.pngCopy-of-Hib-Den-2.png
[center][b]Day 2: Name[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2872911/19#post_43749770]Previous Day[/url][/center] [columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=17&breed=4&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=14&winggene=20&wings=110&auth=ad7dbddf2b77e178e995c7f3e496007ed06b4f8f&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol]The [b]Daysworn[/b] So, being that I'm picturing this dragon as a magical statue, perhaps there were others made of similar varieties so "Daysworn" might be a way to refer to the entire collection of statues. It also works well when referring to a piece of art, in my opinion. She gives off the slight air of protecting and watching over an area as well, despite being a pearlcatcher... so I think I'm happy with that.[/columns]
Day 2: Name
Previous Day
dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=17&breed=4&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=14&winggene=20&wings=110&auth=ad7dbddf2b77e178e995c7f3e496007ed06b4f8f&dummyext=prev.png The Daysworn

So, being that I'm picturing this dragon as a magical statue, perhaps there were others made of similar varieties so "Daysworn" might be a way to refer to the entire collection of statues. It also works well when referring to a piece of art, in my opinion.

She gives off the slight air of protecting and watching over an area as well, despite being a pearlcatcher... so I think I'm happy with that.
9807522_350.png3d8637d4e0c3a40a9104ee27b702ba84.png
I think I would name her Hemera like the ancient greek the personification/primordial goddess of day! This goddess is said to be the daughter of Nyx and Erebus - I already own a Nyx and the colors fit her pretty good as well, so I just need to find a nice Erebus and I will have a pretty nice family for her as well :)
I think I would name her Hemera like the ancient greek the personification/primordial goddess of day! This goddess is said to be the daughter of Nyx and Erebus - I already own a Nyx and the colors fit her pretty good as well, so I just need to find a nice Erebus and I will have a pretty nice family for her as well :)
I would name her Alouette.

It is French for lark. The lark is an early morning riser, as mentioned in Romeo and Juliet, and sings cheerfully with the rising of the sun. A lark is also a spontaneous, fun thing to do, and she is "happy as a lark", an old saying.
I would name her Alouette.

It is French for lark. The lark is an early morning riser, as mentioned in Romeo and Juliet, and sings cheerfully with the rising of the sun. A lark is also a spontaneous, fun thing to do, and she is "happy as a lark", an old saying.
9H7UpSP.png
Marimba is what I would call her. The word sounds like rays of sun playing through a field of tall grass, and her wings in my scry remind me of the keys on the marimba instrument as well as of that field. This could be her theme.
Marimba is what I would call her. The word sounds like rays of sun playing through a field of tall grass, and her wings in my scry remind me of the keys on the marimba instrument as well as of that field. This could be her theme.
ww_po_by_idlewildly-dcoj48d.png
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 71 72