Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Vow of Poverty Game! Follow Along!
1 2 ... 167 168 169 170 171 ... 269 270
@ZaHee That's such a nice scry!

@Hifriend Sending a Sap and Might Fragment. Sorry I don't have more!
@ZaHee That's such a nice scry!

@Hifriend Sending a Sap and Might Fragment. Sorry I don't have more!
Buying Snowshoe Rabbits 1kt/g each!
Wishlist
@ZaHee
Are you sure? G1s can be expensive, so I don't want you regretting it later.
@ZaHee
Are you sure? G1s can be expensive, so I don't want you regretting it later.
@Cactisays It's fine, G1s aren't that hard for me to buy and I can produce them at Baldwin's anyways :)
@Cactisays It's fine, G1s aren't that hard for me to buy and I can produce them at Baldwin's anyways :)
This looks super fun!! (and i do love not spending money!) So meet: [center][b][i]Hefin[/i][/b][/center] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/653505/65350417_350.png[/img][/center] [center][b]Goals:[/b] [/center][center] -Fully gened -Level 25 -Fully dressed -A matching accent -A bio [s]-A Familiar [/s][s]-Fully stoned[/s] [s]-Art[/s] -Bio Vista [s]-A Scene[/s][/center] [i](please excuse this not great lore, it was written at 2am)[/i] Hefin had always been a minimalistic dragon. She wandered from clan to clan with little other than what she could carry on her back. Even when she ended up staying with a clan for longer than a few weeks she still refused to take from their hoard or use their money. Her clanmates called her stubbornly independent to a fault. Her friends called her stupidly against accepting help. Her closest friend simply called her an idiot. None of this changed her mind though. But one day when exploring a glade near the lastest clan she had been staying with she met a group of dragons who shared her feelings of independence. Although not one to be shy, she found herself lingering on the edge of the group for quite some time working up the nerve to join in their discussions of a Vow of Poverty. "May I join?" she asked once she had sat on the edges of the group for long enough to find her voice. And that was how the best chapter of her life began.
This looks super fun!! (and i do love not spending money!) So meet:
Hefin
65350417_350.png
Goals:
-Fully gened
-Level 25
-Fully dressed
-A matching accent
-A bio
-A Familiar
-Fully stoned
-Art
-Bio Vista
-A Scene

(please excuse this not great lore, it was written at 2am)
Hefin had always been a minimalistic dragon. She wandered from clan to clan with little other than what she could carry on her back. Even when she ended up staying with a clan for longer than a few weeks she still refused to take from their hoard or use their money.

Her clanmates called her stubbornly independent to a fault. Her friends called her stupidly against accepting help. Her closest friend simply called her an idiot. None of this changed her mind though.

But one day when exploring a glade near the lastest clan she had been staying with she met a group of dragons who shared her feelings of independence.

Although not one to be shy, she found herself lingering on the edge of the group for quite some time working up the nerve to join in their discussions of a Vow of Poverty.

"May I join?" she asked once she had sat on the edges of the group for long enough to find her voice.

And that was how the best chapter of her life began.
Tl1dGxE.png v2PJF9u.pnglaHSHQi.png qWAlLLU.png OxagJgG.png LRdLP2V.png I suffer from brain fog frequently so I may not always make sense.
@firewins Welcome to the Vow! Good luck!
@firewins Welcome to the Vow! Good luck!
Buying Snowshoe Rabbits 1kt/g each!
Wishlist
@firewins

Welcome! Deciding on joining the Vow at 2am is peak mood.

I'll go ahead and get Hefin registered. Can't wait to see how her Vow goes!
@firewins

Welcome! Deciding on joining the Vow at 2am is peak mood.

I'll go ahead and get Hefin registered. Can't wait to see how her Vow goes!
Looking for free lineage dragons? Level 25 rentals? Join an active community with frequent free raffles? Check out Vitali's Warriors!
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9mdlz7vt00fiv52/naturemid.png[/img] [columns][color=transparent]>>>>>>>>[/color] [nextcol][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59334863] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/593349/59334863.png[/img] [/url] [center][b]Dreamer[/b][/center] [nextcol][color=transparent]>>>[/color] [nextcol][emoji=book 2 size=1] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2823806/3#post_42338798]Quest Checklist[/url] [emoji=book 2 size=1] [nextcol][color=transparent]<<<[/color] [nextcol][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56437581] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/564376/56437581.png[/img] [/url] [center][b]LittlePrincess[/b][/center] [/columns] [center][b][size=5][color=green]Day 257[/color][/size][/b][/center] A quiet day exploring the Ghostlight Ruins. Items sent home: [item=Bonebound Chest] X5 Misc Familiars. [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9mdlz7vt00fiv52/naturemid.png[/img] Available Battlestones: [item=Guard] [item=Mist Slash] [item=Shining Might Fragment] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9mdlz7vt00fiv52/naturemid.png[/img]
naturemid.png
>>>>>>>>
59334863.png
Dreamer
>>> Quest Checklist <<<
56437581.png
LittlePrincess
Day 257

A quiet day exploring the Ghostlight Ruins.

Items sent home:

Bonebound Chest X5
Misc Familiars.

naturemid.png

Available Battlestones:

Guard Mist Slash Shining Might Fragment

naturemid.png
JWACnXB.gif UxreU62.png yMwAJm4.gif
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64923914][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/649240/64923914_350.png[/img][/url] The day started off wonderfully with a Berserker from Pinkerton for Wrimowin. The trio fought a bunch of beasts in the Arena and have now moved on to Volcanic Vents; they're finding it pretty warm going, but are really quite enjoying themselves. ----- Available: [item=Leaf Bolt] [item=Rune Slash] [item=Dark Acuity Fragment]
64923914_350.png

The day started off wonderfully with a Berserker from Pinkerton for Wrimowin. The trio fought a bunch of beasts in the Arena and have now moved on to Volcanic Vents; they're finding it pretty warm going, but are really quite enjoying themselves.

Available:
Leaf Bolt Rune Slash Dark Acuity Fragment
iiaMf9J.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61215056][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/612151/61215056_350.png[/img][/url] [font=courier][b]CHALLENGES AHEAD Figuring he had enough of a break, the Nocturne decided to head into the Arena with renewed gusto. He had admittedly taken a few days off, Glowtail all but throwing a mutiny at the constant long days of work at the alchemy pot. He couldn't blame him. The reward of honeycomb could only go so far before the familiar felt overworked and frustrated. So they took a break. It felt nice sleeping in, and Glowtail seemed to agree. He could only tell if it was day or not by entering the outdoor area of the Arena, so he had no idea how much time had passed in this windowless building, but he felt as if he had slept nearly an entire day away. He woke to the familiar sensation of Glowtail asleep at the foot of his bed, and a sickenly acrid sweet scent. The familiar absolutely [i]reeked[/i] of chemicals. Time to give him a bath today whether he liked it or not. He picked up the familiar, who in turned squeaked from being woken so abruptly, and headed to the bathroom. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/22388.png[/img] Giving Glowtail a bath was harder than it looked. He was extremely adverse to water, struggling in his grasp as he was held in the shallow water and lathered up. "Come on Glowtail, if you stop struggling this will be over in just a minute. You just need a good soaping and a rinse, you smell awful. C'mon, stop strugg-OW!" he yelped as Glowtail sunk his teeth into his hand, jumping out of the tub and ran out of the bathroom, trailing suds behind him. The Nocturne groaned, dashing out behind him. Thankfully with all his training, Glowtail was no match for his speed, and was caught before running much farther. [i]This time[/i] the Nocturne closed the bathroom door, and was able to rinse the soapy familiar before he tried another escape attempt. Glowtail seemed more tolerant of being dried, and calmed down once out of the tub. He smelled so much better, and once the door was opened, he skittered back into their bedroom, hiding under the bed. The Nocturne doubted he'd be up for any work today, which was fine. He could have some alone time to recover from the traumatic ordeal of being washed. [img]https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/a/a3/Scorched_Forest_Day.png[/img] He's curious to try this new Arena area. The Woodland Path he had been on was hardly giving him any experience, and grinding was becoming difficult since reaching level 10. To his shock, this new area is unlike any place he's ever been previously. Before, the Arena areas were lush, cool, and filled with wildlife. But this place was stifling, full of heat and ash, causing him to cough when a particularly thick plume of smoke caught his lungs. The enemies are [i]ridiculously hard[/i]. He tries numerous times to win a battle, but they [i]always[/i] seem to come in trios, and he's just a hair too weak, too slow, to get the upper hand. He gets lucky [i]once[/i] with a few well-timed critical hits, but otherwise, he's finding himself fleeing and nursing more wounds. It's...not a great sign for what's to come. He knows next level the woodland area is no longer going to grant him any experience, which means he'll [i]have[/i] to fight in this place. But he needs more power. And so he shuffles dejectedly back to the Woodland Path. It's going to take a long time to earn the experience he needs bit by bit, (especially when some enemies aren't giving any out anymore), but it's all he can do for now. He spends hours upon hours fighting, the enemies falling in droves before him, but after all that, he's only a quarter of the way to the next level. The Nocturne stops himself from getting too dejected. On the positive side, even slow growth is growth. He can't get hung up on leveling so slowly now. He was spoiled from achieving so much of his goal already in such a short amount of time. But items were the easy part to collect it seemed. It was gaining strength that was really going to test his mettle. And he wasn't going to act like a spoiled familiar and throw a fit about it. He'd just try again harder tomorrow.[/font][/b] ---------- I have these available if anyone wants them: [item=sap][item=acuity fragment]
61215056_350.png

CHALLENGES AHEAD

Figuring he had enough of a break, the Nocturne decided to head into the Arena with renewed gusto. He had admittedly taken a few days off, Glowtail all but throwing a mutiny at the constant long days of work at the alchemy pot. He couldn't blame him. The reward of honeycomb could only go so far before the familiar felt overworked and frustrated. So they took a break. It felt nice sleeping in, and Glowtail seemed to agree. He could only tell if it was day or not by entering the outdoor area of the Arena, so he had no idea how much time had passed in this windowless building, but he felt as if he had slept nearly an entire day away.

He woke to the familiar sensation of Glowtail asleep at the foot of his bed, and a sickenly acrid sweet scent. The familiar absolutely reeked of chemicals. Time to give him a bath today whether he liked it or not. He picked up the familiar, who in turned squeaked from being woken so abruptly, and headed to the bathroom.

22388.png

Giving Glowtail a bath was harder than it looked. He was extremely adverse to water, struggling in his grasp as he was held in the shallow water and lathered up. "Come on Glowtail, if you stop struggling this will be over in just a minute. You just need a good soaping and a rinse, you smell awful. C'mon, stop strugg-OW!" he yelped as Glowtail sunk his teeth into his hand, jumping out of the tub and ran out of the bathroom, trailing suds behind him. The Nocturne groaned, dashing out behind him. Thankfully with all his training, Glowtail was no match for his speed, and was caught before running much farther. This time the Nocturne closed the bathroom door, and was able to rinse the soapy familiar before he tried another escape attempt.

Glowtail seemed more tolerant of being dried, and calmed down once out of the tub. He smelled so much better, and once the door was opened, he skittered back into their bedroom, hiding under the bed. The Nocturne doubted he'd be up for any work today, which was fine. He could have some alone time to recover from the traumatic ordeal of being washed.

Scorched_Forest_Day.png

He's curious to try this new Arena area. The Woodland Path he had been on was hardly giving him any experience, and grinding was becoming difficult since reaching level 10. To his shock, this new area is unlike any place he's ever been previously. Before, the Arena areas were lush, cool, and filled with wildlife. But this place was stifling, full of heat and ash, causing him to cough when a particularly thick plume of smoke caught his lungs.

The enemies are ridiculously hard. He tries numerous times to win a battle, but they always seem to come in trios, and he's just a hair too weak, too slow, to get the upper hand. He gets lucky once with a few well-timed critical hits, but otherwise, he's finding himself fleeing and nursing more wounds.

It's...not a great sign for what's to come. He knows next level the woodland area is no longer going to grant him any experience, which means he'll have to fight in this place. But he needs more power. And so he shuffles dejectedly back to the Woodland Path. It's going to take a long time to earn the experience he needs bit by bit, (especially when some enemies aren't giving any out anymore), but it's all he can do for now.

He spends hours upon hours fighting, the enemies falling in droves before him, but after all that, he's only a quarter of the way to the next level.

The Nocturne stops himself from getting too dejected. On the positive side, even slow growth is growth. He can't get hung up on leveling so slowly now. He was spoiled from achieving so much of his goal already in such a short amount of time. But items were the easy part to collect it seemed. It was gaining strength that was really going to test his mettle. And he wasn't going to act like a spoiled familiar and throw a fit about it.

He'd just try again harder tomorrow.

I have these available if anyone wants them:

Sap Acuity Fragment
Looking for free lineage dragons? Level 25 rentals? Join an active community with frequent free raffles? Check out Vitali's Warriors!
[center][b]Day One[/b][/center] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/653505/65350417_350.png[/img] Hefin's first day of the vow of poverty was not a great start. She spent nearly the whole day fighting her way through the Woodland Path it had only yielded her some meaningless trinkets and food. Though the food certainly helped her clan out of their food shortage problems which she supposed was in some ways a win. Eventually, she took a break from fighting and, while looking for a place to rest, found herself in a strange place full of doors. [i]What do they even need with all these doors?[/i] While trying to find the exit from this strange (and honestly slightly scary) place she opened one of the doors and found a few pieces of apparel behind it. [item=Forestsong Face Mask] [item=Mage's Thicket Bag] [i]Not really my style but they'll do for now.[/i] Later towards the end of the day, as her party entered the Scorched Forest she found a young Owlcat. She took him with her and named him Olive. [item=Banded Owlcat] All in all, while this may not have been the best start she had certainly grown in experience and fighting prowess. But most importantly she was looking forward to the days ahead!
Day One
65350417_350.png

Hefin's first day of the vow of poverty was not a great start. She spent nearly the whole day fighting her way through the Woodland Path it had only yielded her some meaningless trinkets and food.

Though the food certainly helped her clan out of their food shortage problems which she supposed was in some ways a win.

Eventually, she took a break from fighting and, while looking for a place to rest, found herself in a strange place full of doors.

What do they even need with all these doors?

While trying to find the exit from this strange (and honestly slightly scary) place she opened one of the doors and found a few pieces of apparel behind it.
Forestsong Face Mask Mage's Thicket Bag

Not really my style but they'll do for now.

Later towards the end of the day, as her party entered the Scorched Forest she found a young Owlcat. She took him with her and named him Olive.
Banded Owlcat

All in all, while this may not have been the best start she had certainly grown in experience and fighting prowess.

But most importantly she was looking forward to the days ahead!
Tl1dGxE.png v2PJF9u.pnglaHSHQi.png qWAlLLU.png OxagJgG.png LRdLP2V.png I suffer from brain fog frequently so I may not always make sense.
1 2 ... 167 168 169 170 171 ... 269 270