Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | FRWriMos Novel Writing Challenge
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
[center][b]As a sort of New Year's resolution, I'm going to do a modified NaNoWriMo of my own devising in 2020- writing a novel over the course of four months. Thus, FRWriMos = Flight Rising Writing Months (I know, it's not perfect!). We're doing it on FR, we're writing, and it'll take four months to complete! It will let off the extreme pressure of writing 1,667 words per day (which makes my stomach ache and then I don't even try). +/- 416 words per day is doable! [u]You can do it with me, here -- Less pressure and lots of support. Please post here if you're interested![/u][/b][/center] [center][b]The Basics[/center] [LIST] [*]Writing 50,000 words is scheduled to take four months, but it doesn't have to be start on such-and-such date and end on such-and-that date. [b]You start when you want to.[/b] You just make each entry with the day counter (e.g. Day 1, Day 27, Day 33, etc) for the folks at home to follow along. I'm starting on January 1, but you start when you want to. [*]You write 50,000 words of anything (dragon-related or otherwise) over the course of four months. That comes out to about 416-417 words per day, based on a 30-day month. I'm going from Jan 1 to April 30, which includes a leap day, so the word count comes to 413.2 words per day. If you want to round up to make things easier, I'll be right there with you at 415 w/d! [*]If you choose to write with language that is not FR-friendly, you can still participate! You would just create a Google doc or create a blog, or whatnot, and then post the day counter, the daily word count, and the link to the doc/blog for any interested party to seek out on their own. I would keep a masterpost of such documents/blogs. Nsfw/not FR friendly would be marked with a symbol. Also, there will be symbols for trigger warnings. [*]I encourage everyone to keep a doc/blog to keep it as a whole, so fans (you never know!) can go right to your stuff to see how it's going or for people who come in mid-stride and want to read a whole story-in-progress from the beginning w/o having to do a search to find all of your entries. As said before, I would keep a masterpost of these. [*] [b]Words of support, from a thumbs up to an elaborate cheer done in rhyme, from each other, as well as non-participants, is vigorously encouraged![/b] [i]Please post these in square or squiggly brackets ( { } - 'cause I can't seem to make square ones work).[/i] [*]You can play catch up much easier with smaller daily counts. If you need to do two (or more) days at once, do that. Just mark the days (e.g. "Days 12 & 13") you're posting. [*]Word count (wc) reporting is honor-based. It's there to help you keep track of your progress. [*][b]There will be [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2801753/1#post_41781176]badges[/url]![/b] There will be a badge awarded for each month completed, with a shiny new completion badge when you reach 50.000 words! Anyone who wants to propose badge ideas, please PM me! [/LIST] [center][B]Organization[/center] [LIST] [*]The masterpost of whole documents/blogs is in [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2801753/1#post_41781180][b]this post[/b][/url] [*]Post here if you would like to be on the pinglist that will be sent out daily as a reminder to do your writing. You can also be placed on the pinglist if you'd simply like to observe or even be a cheerleader! [*]Please use the following key for content warnings (cw): [emoji=banescale winking size=1] Not safe for work [emoji=subscription update size=1] Trigger warning (please be specific and write out the particular warning(s) after this symbol [*]You post your daily writing in the main thread, marked by your day, as such: [quote=SocklessWonder][b]Day 17[/b] cw: none Writing whatever because it makes me happy. is srteam of conciouslness a good or bad thing in the long run? Bob runs downhill to catch his runaway bike. Ganondorf kicked him in the shin and made him cry. Bob's tears were like poison to the beastly boss. wc: 47 {I'm still having fun, even if I don't have a plot!}[/quote] [/LIST] [center][b]Help and Suggestions[/center] I could use help with artwork (banner, badges, etc) for this thread, if anyone is interested! Any ideas to make this better are welcome. Please post suggestions here in square or squiggly brackets and make sure to ping me. The double ping will help alert me to a non-writing post! I'm subbed, so pings aren't necessary otherwise! Many thanks to anyone who helps me pull this together!
As a sort of New Year's resolution, I'm going to do a modified NaNoWriMo of my own devising in 2020- writing a novel over the course of four months. Thus, FRWriMos = Flight Rising Writing Months (I know, it's not perfect!). We're doing it on FR, we're writing, and it'll take four months to complete!

It will let off the extreme pressure of writing 1,667 words per day (which makes my stomach ache and then I don't even try). +/- 416 words per day is doable!

You can do it with me, here -- Less pressure and lots of support. Please post here if you're interested!
The Basics
  • Writing 50,000 words is scheduled to take four months, but it doesn't have to be start on such-and-such date and end on such-and-that date. You start when you want to. You just make each entry with the day counter (e.g. Day 1, Day 27, Day 33, etc) for the folks at home to follow along. I'm starting on January 1, but you start when you want to.
  • You write 50,000 words of anything (dragon-related or otherwise) over the course of four months. That comes out to about 416-417 words per day, based on a 30-day month. I'm going from Jan 1 to April 30, which includes a leap day, so the word count comes to 413.2 words per day. If you want to round up to make things easier, I'll be right there with you at 415 w/d!
  • If you choose to write with language that is not FR-friendly, you can still participate! You would just create a Google doc or create a blog, or whatnot, and then post the day counter, the daily word count, and the link to the doc/blog for any interested party to seek out on their own. I would keep a masterpost of such documents/blogs. Nsfw/not FR friendly would be marked with a symbol. Also, there will be symbols for trigger warnings.
  • I encourage everyone to keep a doc/blog to keep it as a whole, so fans (you never know!) can go right to your stuff to see how it's going or for people who come in mid-stride and want to read a whole story-in-progress from the beginning w/o having to do a search to find all of your entries. As said before, I would keep a masterpost of these.
  • Words of support, from a thumbs up to an elaborate cheer done in rhyme, from each other, as well as non-participants, is vigorously encouraged! Please post these in square or squiggly brackets ( { } - 'cause I can't seem to make square ones work).
  • You can play catch up much easier with smaller daily counts. If you need to do two (or more) days at once, do that. Just mark the days (e.g. "Days 12 & 13") you're posting.
  • Word count (wc) reporting is honor-based. It's there to help you keep track of your progress.
  • There will be badges! There will be a badge awarded for each month completed, with a shiny new completion badge when you reach 50.000 words! Anyone who wants to propose badge ideas, please PM me!
Organization
  • The masterpost of whole documents/blogs is in this post
  • Post here if you would like to be on the pinglist that will be sent out daily as a reminder to do your writing. You can also be placed on the pinglist if you'd simply like to observe or even be a cheerleader!
  • Please use the following key for content warnings (cw):

Not safe for work

Trigger warning (please be specific and write out the particular warning(s) after this symbol
  • You post your daily writing in the main thread, marked by your day, as such:
    SocklessWonder wrote:
    Day 17

cw: none

Writing whatever because it makes me happy. is srteam of conciouslness a good or bad thing in the long run? Bob runs downhill to catch his runaway bike. Ganondorf kicked him in the shin and made him cry. Bob's tears were like poison to the beastly boss.

wc: 47

{I'm still having fun, even if I don't have a plot!}
Help and Suggestions

I could use help with artwork (banner, badges, etc) for this thread, if anyone is interested!

Any ideas to make this better are welcome. Please post suggestions here in square or squiggly brackets and make sure to ping me. The double ping will help alert me to a non-writing post!

I'm subbed, so pings aren't necessary otherwise!

Many thanks to anyone who helps me pull this together!
b6f3d4ea76e68d8090de5809afe1f0105cf2c98e.pngoYfCraJ.png0HxJjfZ.gif TAzcwMk.gif
~*~Badges!~*~

Here, there will be badges! I'll ping everyone when they are ready.
~*~Badges!~*~

Here, there will be badges! I'll ping everyone when they are ready.
[center][b][size=6]~*~Works in Progress Masterpost~*~[/size][/b] All projects are listed in their entirety in this post. Some of them can also be read on this thread. Those that are considered nsfw are listed here and referenced in posts so that those who wish to read non-FR friendly works may do so on their own recognizance. [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EBmy1-TSuv3AzcbbAEFT6-Y81BiZ3eCbxS-dtoPhU9M/edit?usp=sharing]Midgardschlange[/url] [url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UklQLhxrLdHbPSPtbGmGksn-DW6sS6s8]myriadofstars[/url] [emoji=banescale winking size=1] [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c7As-K22DmhxYCphuNc41R4J95F80v_vPi2G90bhPjA/edit?usp=sharing]SocklessWonder[/url] [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q-rPti6fLfe_tmBLAvcxKjrZXTeGlx9nIIKvS6VhKZg/edit?usp=sharing]somnambulist[/url] [url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YvWXXHigogE3dse4xMs_oGsD__9TmAQl]WiishfulThinking[/url] [/center]
~*~Works in Progress Masterpost~*~

All projects are listed in their entirety in this post. Some of them can also be read on this thread. Those that are considered nsfw are listed here and referenced in posts so that those who wish to read non-FR friendly works may do so on their own recognizance.

Midgardschlange

myriadofstars

SocklessWonder

somnambulist

WiishfulThinking
~*~Pinglist~*~

I will work up a self-editing pinglist, but for now, please post here that you want to be on the pinglist.

You may sign up for the pinglist for the purpose of being reminded to do your daily writing or even to be an observer or cheerleader!

littletoes101
Midgardschlange
myriadofstars
orangesunrise
WiishfulThinking
~*~Pinglist~*~

I will work up a self-editing pinglist, but for now, please post here that you want to be on the pinglist.

You may sign up for the pinglist for the purpose of being reminded to do your daily writing or even to be an observer or cheerleader!

littletoes101
Midgardschlange
myriadofstars
orangesunrise
WiishfulThinking
~*~Members of the Challenge~*~

SocklessWonder - January 1
myriadofstars - January 3
WiishfulThinking - January 3
Midgardschlange - January 4
somnambulist - January 5
orangesunrise - January 6
littletoes101 - January 11

~*~Members of the Challenge~*~

SocklessWonder - January 1
myriadofstars - January 3
WiishfulThinking - January 3
Midgardschlange - January 4
somnambulist - January 5
orangesunrise - January 6
littletoes101 - January 11

reserve
reserve
Open for posting and signups!
Open for posting and signups!
@SocklessWonder I'd love to join!!! I think I'll start on January 3, and would love to be on the pinglist! I'm going to link to a Google Doc, since my story contains language.
@SocklessWonder I'd love to join!!! I think I'll start on January 3, and would love to be on the pinglist! I'm going to link to a Google Doc, since my story contains language.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
@myriadofstars

I have you on the pinglist and am looking forward to seeing you start on the 3rd. Welcome to the challenge!
@myriadofstars

I have you on the pinglist and am looking forward to seeing you start on the 3rd. Welcome to the challenge!
@SocklessWonder Thank you! I think I'm going to write whatever I feel like at the time; it'll be easier for me.

Also, you can find my google docs folder here. I've got it split into my most likely writings – FR and my Undertale series I'm working on.
@SocklessWonder Thank you! I think I'm going to write whatever I feel like at the time; it'll be easier for me.

Also, you can find my google docs folder here. I've got it split into my most likely writings – FR and my Undertale series I'm working on.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13