Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | It Takes A Village - CLOSED
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Ava shook her head and emerged from her den, squinting in the bright morning light. “Good morning Mama!” Dustin yelled across the clearing, his voice disconcertingly deep compared to his Fae siblings. Trista and Theo waved from their perches on Dustin’s back, and Cascade was nowhere to be seen. Ava smiled at the sight of her children together, realizing how much they had grown so fast. She knew they were anxious to be off on their own adventures and lives, but she wasn’t ready to let them go just quite yet – mostly because she didn’t know what she was going to do once they were gone. Augusta came padding across the clearing with Cascade on her back, bringing breakfast for the crew. Ava settled down next to Augusta to eat. Augusta munched a leaf and watched the children across the clearing. “They’re not so little anymore,” she remarked. “In fact, they’re nearly the same age I was when you found me.” “They’re already eager to be off on their own,” replied Ava. “But I’m just not ready to let them go yet. They’re still so young, and I don’t-“ “Listen,” Augusta interrupted. “I was thinking, I mean, I know you love them, and I do too. I was thinking, the oasis isn’t such a bad place to raise a family. The dragons here are kind, and they have family here too. Lots of dragons travel through here, I could sell things to them without going anywhere at all. And if we do feel the wanderlust again it would be easy to take a trip and come back to here and-“ Ava tackled the rambling Tundra with a hug. “Do you really mean it? You’d be okay to stay here?” Augusta shook herself off and looked seriously into Ava’s eyes. “Yeah. I mean it.” [img]https://i.imgur.com/4DfRBUJ.png[/img] [quote=Pinglist]@SakuraDryad @dransnake[/quote] Ava and Augusta are officially staying in the oasis! The next installment will be when Ava finds her next mate. In the meantime, all 4 of the hatchlings are available for adoption so please let me know if you'd like one!
Ava shook her head and emerged from her den, squinting in the bright morning light. “Good morning Mama!” Dustin yelled across the clearing, his voice disconcertingly deep compared to his Fae siblings. Trista and Theo waved from their perches on Dustin’s back, and Cascade was nowhere to be seen. Ava smiled at the sight of her children together, realizing how much they had grown so fast. She knew they were anxious to be off on their own adventures and lives, but she wasn’t ready to let them go just quite yet – mostly because she didn’t know what she was going to do once they were gone.

Augusta came padding across the clearing with Cascade on her back, bringing breakfast for the crew. Ava settled down next to Augusta to eat. Augusta munched a leaf and watched the children across the clearing. “They’re not so little anymore,” she remarked. “In fact, they’re nearly the same age I was when you found me.”

“They’re already eager to be off on their own,” replied Ava. “But I’m just not ready to let them go yet. They’re still so young, and I don’t-“

“Listen,” Augusta interrupted. “I was thinking, I mean, I know you love them, and I do too. I was thinking, the oasis isn’t such a bad place to raise a family. The dragons here are kind, and they have family here too. Lots of dragons travel through here, I could sell things to them without going anywhere at all. And if we do feel the wanderlust again it would be easy to take a trip and come back to here and-“

Ava tackled the rambling Tundra with a hug. “Do you really mean it? You’d be okay to stay here?”

Augusta shook herself off and looked seriously into Ava’s eyes. “Yeah. I mean it.”

4DfRBUJ.png
Pinglist wrote:

Ava and Augusta are officially staying in the oasis! The next installment will be when Ava finds her next mate. In the meantime, all 4 of the hatchlings are available for adoption so please let me know if you'd like one!
cFTYM2C.png NizETFM.png Wolfie's F2U Familiar Edits
Wolfie Completes the Bestiary
Wolfie Completes the Coliseum
Quest for All the Eggs
Project NASA
v886aA7.png
Ava paused in her stroll around the garden to sniff a particularly bright flower. She smiled, reminded of the first time she had met Athos. Although she wished he could have stayed longer, the truth was she didn’t know if they would have made good mates for the long term. She was quite content here with Augusta and her quickly-growing children. Soon they would be ready to leave, off on their own adventures. She turned a corner around a large tree and was surprised to find Theo and Augusta talking excitedly with a Coatl she’d never seen before. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21044822] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/210449/21044822_350.png[/img] [/url] She walked towards them and Theo beckoned her over. “This is my mom,” he said by way of introduction. “Mom, this is Firestone! He’s from the Tangled Wood but his grandfather was born in the oasis!” Augusta smiled at Ava. They both could immediately tell Theo was thrilled to meet someone else as interested in their heritage as he was. “Well, he was born here before there really [i]was[/i] an oasis,” the Coatl interjected. "I grew up hearing stories about the desert, and about the clan, and I wanted to come visit and see for myself what it’s really like. It seems like it’s changed a lot though. This garden is incredible!” “Would you like me to show you around?” offered Ava. Augusta shot Ava an amused glance, which Ava ignored. “If you like swimming, you have to see the pools too.” “I’d love to, thank you,” responded Firestone. The two set off across the oasis, Ava ignoring Augusta’s giggling behind her. She was entitled to spend her time with whoever she pleased, thank you very much! [img]https://i.imgur.com/4DfRBUJ.png[/img] “The oasis here is really lovely,” Firestone remarked. They had spent nearly the entire day exploring the garden, swimming in the pools, even a few minutes watching Kenton paint, and were now sitting overlooking the vast desert. “Thank you for showing me around. It was really nice spending the day with you.” Firestone bashfully glanced toward Ava. “And your son is really sweet. I get how excited he is to learn about his dad. It’s the same reason I came here. I’ve never had hatchlings of my own, but if I do one day I want to make sure they get to know me.” “It’s not like that!” Ava interrupted defensively. “It’s not like Athos just abandoned us, we-“ “Oh please don’t think that’s what I’m saying,” the speckled Coatl continued. “I don’t mean to insult Athos, really I don’t. Every dragon is different. I only mean that if I ever have hatchlings, I don’t just want to see them hatch. I want to see them grow up, and really get to know them.” “That’s very sweet of you,” Ava replied. “I feel the same way. I know my kids are big enough to go off on their own now, but I do like having them here with me. What else would you hope to do if you had hatchlings?” “I’m not sure exactly,” the Coatl responded, “but I’d like to find out.” [img]https://i.imgur.com/4DfRBUJ.png[/img] [img]https://flightrising.com/images/nests/5/3healthy_0dead.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/4DfRBUJ.png[/img] [quote=Pinglist]@SakuraDryad @dransnake[/quote]
Ava paused in her stroll around the garden to sniff a particularly bright flower. She smiled, reminded of the first time she had met Athos. Although she wished he could have stayed longer, the truth was she didn’t know if they would have made good mates for the long term. She was quite content here with Augusta and her quickly-growing children. Soon they would be ready to leave, off on their own adventures.

She turned a corner around a large tree and was surprised to find Theo and Augusta talking excitedly with a Coatl she’d never seen before.

21044822_350.png

She walked towards them and Theo beckoned her over. “This is my mom,” he said by way of introduction. “Mom, this is Firestone! He’s from the Tangled Wood but his grandfather was born in the oasis!” Augusta smiled at Ava. They both could immediately tell Theo was thrilled to meet someone else as interested in their heritage as he was.

“Well, he was born here before there really was an oasis,” the Coatl interjected. "I grew up hearing stories about the desert, and about the clan, and I wanted to come visit and see for myself what it’s really like. It seems like it’s changed a lot though. This garden is incredible!”

“Would you like me to show you around?” offered Ava. Augusta shot Ava an amused glance, which Ava ignored. “If you like swimming, you have to see the pools too.”

“I’d love to, thank you,” responded Firestone. The two set off across the oasis, Ava ignoring Augusta’s giggling behind her. She was entitled to spend her time with whoever she pleased, thank you very much!

4DfRBUJ.png

“The oasis here is really lovely,” Firestone remarked. They had spent nearly the entire day exploring the garden, swimming in the pools, even a few minutes watching Kenton paint, and were now sitting overlooking the vast desert. “Thank you for showing me around. It was really nice spending the day with you.” Firestone bashfully glanced toward Ava. “And your son is really sweet. I get how excited he is to learn about his dad. It’s the same reason I came here. I’ve never had hatchlings of my own, but if I do one day I want to make sure they get to know me.”

“It’s not like that!” Ava interrupted defensively. “It’s not like Athos just abandoned us, we-“

“Oh please don’t think that’s what I’m saying,” the speckled Coatl continued. “I don’t mean to insult Athos, really I don’t. Every dragon is different. I only mean that if I ever have hatchlings, I don’t just want to see them hatch. I want to see them grow up, and really get to know them.”

“That’s very sweet of you,” Ava replied. “I feel the same way. I know my kids are big enough to go off on their own now, but I do like having them here with me. What else would you hope to do if you had hatchlings?”

“I’m not sure exactly,” the Coatl responded, “but I’d like to find out.”

4DfRBUJ.png

3healthy_0dead.png

4DfRBUJ.png
Pinglist wrote:

Quest for All the Eggs
Project NASA
v886aA7.png
Ava shoved a branch aside as she entered the nesting grounds. The sight of Firestone sitting on their nest warmed her heart. She could already tell he was in love with these hatchings, and they hadn’t even hatched yet! She had appreciated Athos’s kindness, but it would be really nice to have someone who wanted to be part of their kids’ lives. Kuini fluttered over and landed on Ava’s shoulder. “You know he’ll be going back to the Tangled Wood eventually,” the older Fae said gently into Ava’s ear. “I know,” nodded Ava. “But he’s going to stick around for a little while to help me. And he’ll write letters, and they can go visit him there. It’s not a perfect arrangement, but he really cares about them.” “I think you really care about him too,” responded Kuini. Ava blushed. It was true, she did really care about Firestone. He was soft-spoken and gentle, and she could already see how dedicated he was going to be to their children. Ava’s thoughts were interrupted by Firestone waving her urgently over. “Ava! They’re hatching!” Ava bounded over to the nest, Kuini holding tightly onto her shoulder. Firestone was right, all three eggs were wobbling, and one had a large crack down one side. “Stop that!” snapped Kuini. Firestone was trying to nudge the first egg open already. Ava stepped over the eggs. “We’ll help them if something goes wrong,” explained Kuini, “but we should let them do this themselves.” Firestone backed off, still looking unconvinced. “Don’t worry, Firestone. Hatchlings are stronger than you think. They can do this.” Ava nuzzled up next to Firestone, trying to steady him with her presence while the Coatl fidgeted anxiously. “Don’t worry,” she reassured him. “They’ll be fine. Look, here comes the first one now!” Sure enough, the first egg cracked open the rest of the way and out tumbled a grey and red Tundra boy. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57434474][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=4&bodygene=4&breed=6&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=62&tertgene=5&winggene=2&wings=120&auth=d735acdc5208253fa8cf622c1eda5d9e4fbefe3b&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] Ava nudged the fluffy hatchling away from the two remaining eggs. She curled up around her newly-hatched son while Firestone looked on, mouth agape. Ava smiled, remembering how panicked she had felt when her first nest hatched. Gently she pushed the hatching towards Firestone. “Look, he looks like you!” Startled, Firestone looked down and took a step back. “Can….can I touch him?” he asked nervously. “Of course!” exclaimed Ava. “Don’t worry, you won’t hurt him.” But the small Tundra was already pawing curiously at Firestone’s tailfeathers. With an encouraging nod from Ava, Firestone curled around his new son, seeming to warm to him almost instantly. “What a cute little berry you are,” Firestone murmured softly to the hatchling. “I’m going to call you Perry. Er- if that’s alright with you, Ava?” he added hastily. Ava nodded her agreement and turned her attention to the two remaining eggs, just as Kenton and Iris burt into the den. “I can’t believe you didn’t tell us they were hatching!” exclaimed Iris. But they had arrived just in time to see the two remaining hatchlings tumble out of their eggs. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57434475][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=5&bodygene=4&breed=6&element=5&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=8&tertgene=5&winggene=2&wings=62&auth=e535758e0f57779ff9963de99e391fd3e50f01c3&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57434476][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=5&bodygene=4&breed=6&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=9&tertgene=5&winggene=14&wings=74&auth=068b8be6c706376ebddcc0b002b45bb1cbb16463&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] “Welcome to the world, little ones!” chirped Kenton, as Ava guided her hatchlings towards their father and older brother. Firestone beamed and made room for the two new hatchlings, their happy family all together for the first time. The three grey fuzzy hatchlings tumbled over each other in a happy pile, cheerfully chirping at each other. “The girl is all grey, she looks like she tumbled around a firepit,” remarked Keton from his perch on Firestone’s head. “How about we call her Ashe?” suggested Ava and Firestone nodded, sending Kenton tumbling down into the pile of squirming hatchlings. Kenton yelped and tried to fly his way free of the playful hatchlings batting at their tiny uncle’s wings. “That just leaves the second boy,” continued Ava. “How about Sterling, for his silver color?” “I love it,” agreed Firestone. “Perry, Sterling, and Ashe. My children.” He curled protectively around the three of them. [img]https://i.imgur.com/4DfRBUJ.png[/img] [quote=Pinglist]@SakuraDryad @dransnake[/quote]
Ava shoved a branch aside as she entered the nesting grounds. The sight of Firestone sitting on their nest warmed her heart. She could already tell he was in love with these hatchings, and they hadn’t even hatched yet! She had appreciated Athos’s kindness, but it would be really nice to have someone who wanted to be part of their kids’ lives.

Kuini fluttered over and landed on Ava’s shoulder. “You know he’ll be going back to the Tangled Wood eventually,” the older Fae said gently into Ava’s ear.

“I know,” nodded Ava. “But he’s going to stick around for a little while to help me. And he’ll write letters, and they can go visit him there. It’s not a perfect arrangement, but he really cares about them.”

“I think you really care about him too,” responded Kuini.

Ava blushed. It was true, she did really care about Firestone. He was soft-spoken and gentle, and she could already see how dedicated he was going to be to their children. Ava’s thoughts were interrupted by Firestone waving her urgently over. “Ava! They’re hatching!”

Ava bounded over to the nest, Kuini holding tightly onto her shoulder. Firestone was right, all three eggs were wobbling, and one had a large crack down one side. “Stop that!” snapped Kuini. Firestone was trying to nudge the first egg open already. Ava stepped over the eggs. “We’ll help them if something goes wrong,” explained Kuini, “but we should let them do this themselves.” Firestone backed off, still looking unconvinced. “Don’t worry, Firestone. Hatchlings are stronger than you think. They can do this.”

Ava nuzzled up next to Firestone, trying to steady him with her presence while the Coatl fidgeted anxiously. “Don’t worry,” she reassured him. “They’ll be fine. Look, here comes the first one now!”

Sure enough, the first egg cracked open the rest of the way and out tumbled a grey and red Tundra boy.

dragon?age=0&body=4&bodygene=4&breed=6&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=62&tertgene=5&winggene=2&wings=120&auth=d735acdc5208253fa8cf622c1eda5d9e4fbefe3b&dummyext=prev.png

Ava nudged the fluffy hatchling away from the two remaining eggs. She curled up around her newly-hatched son while Firestone looked on, mouth agape. Ava smiled, remembering how panicked she had felt when her first nest hatched. Gently she pushed the hatching towards Firestone. “Look, he looks like you!”

Startled, Firestone looked down and took a step back. “Can….can I touch him?” he asked nervously. “Of course!” exclaimed Ava. “Don’t worry, you won’t hurt him.” But the small Tundra was already pawing curiously at Firestone’s tailfeathers. With an encouraging nod from Ava, Firestone curled around his new son, seeming to warm to him almost instantly. “What a cute little berry you are,” Firestone murmured softly to the hatchling. “I’m going to call you Perry. Er- if that’s alright with you, Ava?” he added hastily.

Ava nodded her agreement and turned her attention to the two remaining eggs, just as Kenton and Iris burt into the den. “I can’t believe you didn’t tell us they were hatching!” exclaimed Iris. But they had arrived just in time to see the two remaining hatchlings tumble out of their eggs.

dragon?age=0&body=5&bodygene=4&breed=6&element=5&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=8&tertgene=5&winggene=2&wings=62&auth=e535758e0f57779ff9963de99e391fd3e50f01c3&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=0&body=5&bodygene=4&breed=6&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=9&tertgene=5&winggene=14&wings=74&auth=068b8be6c706376ebddcc0b002b45bb1cbb16463&dummyext=prev.png

“Welcome to the world, little ones!” chirped Kenton, as Ava guided her hatchlings towards their father and older brother. Firestone beamed and made room for the two new hatchlings, their happy family all together for the first time. The three grey fuzzy hatchlings tumbled over each other in a happy pile, cheerfully chirping at each other.

“The girl is all grey, she looks like she tumbled around a firepit,” remarked Keton from his perch on Firestone’s head. “How about we call her Ashe?” suggested Ava and Firestone nodded, sending Kenton tumbling down into the pile of squirming hatchlings. Kenton yelped and tried to fly his way free of the playful hatchlings batting at their tiny uncle’s wings. “That just leaves the second boy,” continued Ava. “How about Sterling, for his silver color?”

“I love it,” agreed Firestone. “Perry, Sterling, and Ashe. My children.” He curled protectively around the three of them.

4DfRBUJ.png
Pinglist wrote:
Quest for All the Eggs
Project NASA
v886aA7.png
Ava woke up early that morning, when the sun was just peeking over the horizon. Sterling was already bounding around the clearing with excitement when she left her den. Ava smiled; her youngest children were now nearly fully grown, but clearly not yet fully matured. One by one as the morning progressed her children woke up and came to the clearing, until finally Firestone arrived, carrying a small bundle of food for the journey. Firestone approached and nuzzled Ava’s shoulder affectionately. “I wish I could stay longer,” the Coatl said softly, “but I really need to be getting back to my own clan.” Firestone continued on to say goodbye to Perry and Ashe, as well as Theo whom he had grown quite close to during his stay. “I’m really going to miss you all,” Firestone said. “But remember that you’ll always be welcome with me in my clan. I don’t want this to be goodbye forever.” Ava smiled. Her kids really did have a great father – one who truly cared about them. It was reassuring to know there was another dragon in the world who cared for her children as much she did. Sterling padded up to Ava, his eyes sparkling with excitement. “It’s time, Mom!” he exclaimed. “I’ve said goodbye to everyone and [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=199475&tab=dragon&did=18384775]SunTzu[/url] already gave me his blessing.” Ava moved close to him, breathing the scent of his fur and praying she’d never forget it. “You’re sure you want to go to the Tangled Woods?” she asked. “I’m sure,” Sterling replied. “We’ve already been over this. Don’t worry! It’s not so far I can’t come visit, and I’ll write letters.” Sterling continued reassuring her, but Ava wasn’t listening. She knew Firestone would take good care of their son, but it was still so hard to say goodbye. [img]https://i.imgur.com/4DfRBUJ.png[/img] It was nearly midday before Firestone and Sterling finished all their goodbyes and actually set off for the Tangled Wood. Finally though, they had gone. Ava looked around the clearing at her remaining children. Dustin had left for the Hewn City a week earlier, so with Sterling gone with Firestone only five remained. Ava knew she was lucky, many hatchlings didn’t stay so long. She hadn’t, she realized with regret. She wondered if her mother missed her like she missed Dustin and Sterling. In the end, she decided it didn’t matter. She was happy at the oasis, among dragons who cared for her and her children. She chose to make her life here, with Augusta, Iris, Kenton, Kuini, and all her children. [img]https://i.imgur.com/4DfRBUJ.png[/img] @SakuraDryad @dransnake
Ava woke up early that morning, when the sun was just peeking over the horizon. Sterling was already bounding around the clearing with excitement when she left her den. Ava smiled; her youngest children were now nearly fully grown, but clearly not yet fully matured. One by one as the morning progressed her children woke up and came to the clearing, until finally Firestone arrived, carrying a small bundle of food for the journey.

Firestone approached and nuzzled Ava’s shoulder affectionately. “I wish I could stay longer,” the Coatl said softly, “but I really need to be getting back to my own clan.” Firestone continued on to say goodbye to Perry and Ashe, as well as Theo whom he had grown quite close to during his stay. “I’m really going to miss you all,” Firestone said. “But remember that you’ll always be welcome with me in my clan. I don’t want this to be goodbye forever.”

Ava smiled. Her kids really did have a great father – one who truly cared about them. It was reassuring to know there was another dragon in the world who cared for her children as much she did.

Sterling padded up to Ava, his eyes sparkling with excitement. “It’s time, Mom!” he exclaimed. “I’ve said goodbye to everyone and SunTzu already gave me his blessing.” Ava moved close to him, breathing the scent of his fur and praying she’d never forget it. “You’re sure you want to go to the Tangled Woods?” she asked. “I’m sure,” Sterling replied. “We’ve already been over this. Don’t worry! It’s not so far I can’t come visit, and I’ll write letters.”

Sterling continued reassuring her, but Ava wasn’t listening. She knew Firestone would take good care of their son, but it was still so hard to say goodbye.

4DfRBUJ.png

It was nearly midday before Firestone and Sterling finished all their goodbyes and actually set off for the Tangled Wood. Finally though, they had gone. Ava looked around the clearing at her remaining children. Dustin had left for the Hewn City a week earlier, so with Sterling gone with Firestone only five remained. Ava knew she was lucky, many hatchlings didn’t stay so long. She hadn’t, she realized with regret. She wondered if her mother missed her like she missed Dustin and Sterling. In the end, she decided it didn’t matter. She was happy at the oasis, among dragons who cared for her and her children. She chose to make her life here, with Augusta, Iris, Kenton, Kuini, and all her children.

4DfRBUJ.png

@SakuraDryad @dransnake
Quest for All the Eggs
Project NASA
v886aA7.png
With the Night of the Nocturne festival starting, Ava spent most of her time in her own den, only going out when her stomach began to rumble. After spending several months traveling with only Augusta, Ava wasn’t used to having so many exuberant dragons all around. Especially with it being the darkest day of the year, Ava felt much safer in her own den. Eventually though, Ava couldn’t ignore her rumbling stomach any longer, and headed for a patch of trees to forage up some food. The forest was dark for early afternoon, but she followed her nose. Following the scent of honey, Ava paused. There was another scent there, one she didn’t recognize. She looked around and saw nothing, but a moment later she heard a branch snap behind her. “Who’s there?” she asked, spinning around. When after a moment no one had answered, Ava turned back to her search for food but was started to see two electric blue eyes glowing in the dark! Ava stumbled backwards, confused. After a moment her eyes adjusted and she was able to pick out…..something in the darkness. I didn’t quite look like a dragon exactly, but there was definitely someone there. A moment later, a dark Spiral slipped out of the trees. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57068297][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=6&breed=7&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=18&tertgene=13&winggene=23&wings=69&auth=28adc47cc70a799a2528c93ed52df9be1a5ff759&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] “Did I scare you?” the strange dragon asked. His voice was surprising husky, and it didn’t sound like an apology. “It’s fine, really,” said Ava. Now that she could see him more clearly, he looked vaguely familiar. “I’ll just head back to my den.” She turned to leave, but all she saw around her were trees. She had blundered further into the forest than she realized. Ava glanced around, uncertain. The Spiral fluttered in the air, seeming to sense her uncertainty. “I can take you back,” he said softly. Ava hesitated, then nodded. She would have much preferred to go on her own, but she wasn’t sure she’d be able to find it on her own. The Spiral flew just ahead of her silently. Ava waited for him to say something, but he remained silent. She felt a shiver run down her spine. It was creepy out here in the dark, with no one else around but the bizarre dark Spiral. “My name’s Ava,” she said, hoping to draw him into conversation. “I’m Tunem,” he responded. That was something at least. “Do you live in the oasis, Tunem?” Ava asked. “I think I’ve seen you around before.” “I don’t live there exactly,” Tunem responded. “But I do stop in from time to time. I mostly stay out in the forest. Being around other dragons doesn’t suit me well.” “Why do you go to the oasis then?” ventured Ava. “It’s not exactly a quiet place.” “Every dragon needs to see another one sometimes. To tell the truth, I’ve only been to the oasis once, just recently. I was hoping to find some company. The forest can be….lonely.” Ava was surprised at that. He didn’t seem like the kind of dragon to get lonely easily. Tunem was still talking, but she was only half listening. The forest still didn’t look anymore familiar. She couldn’t imagine she had possibly gone this far into the forest on her own. “…I just think it would be better if I had someone with me. I could teach them all about the forest. What a trust that would be, just the two of us, fending off the dangers of the forest. I was hoping I’d find have a nest by now so I could bring my hatchlings into the woods but…” Ava rolled her eyes quietly. If she had known the door she was opening with Tunem she would have just kept silent. The forest was getting even darker, but she could just barely smell the familiar scents of the oasis. She was so tired she thought her paws might fall off but at least she was almost home. She looked towards her own den, but Tunem leaned into her, bearing to the left. Towards the nesting grounds. He looked at her, and she knew this was her moment to protest his decision, or not. She only had a moment to make her decision. She followed Tunem. [img]https://i.imgur.com/4DfRBUJ.png[/img] [img]https://flightrising.com/images/nests/5/1healthy_0dead.png[/img] When Ava woke up the next morning to light streaming into the nesting grounds, Tunem was gone. She expected he’d be back once it got dark again. She wasn’t sure why she had gone with him to the nesting grounds, but as she curled around her single egg in the nest, she wondered just how much like their bizarre father this hatchling would be. [img]https://i.imgur.com/4DfRBUJ.png[/img] @SakuraDryad @dransnake
With the Night of the Nocturne festival starting, Ava spent most of her time in her own den, only going out when her stomach began to rumble. After spending several months traveling with only Augusta, Ava wasn’t used to having so many exuberant dragons all around. Especially with it being the darkest day of the year, Ava felt much safer in her own den.

Eventually though, Ava couldn’t ignore her rumbling stomach any longer, and headed for a patch of trees to forage up some food. The forest was dark for early afternoon, but she followed her nose. Following the scent of honey, Ava paused. There was another scent there, one she didn’t recognize. She looked around and saw nothing, but a moment later she heard a branch snap behind her. “Who’s there?” she asked, spinning around. When after a moment no one had answered, Ava turned back to her search for food but was started to see two electric blue eyes glowing in the dark!

Ava stumbled backwards, confused. After a moment her eyes adjusted and she was able to pick out…..something in the darkness. I didn’t quite look like a dragon exactly, but there was definitely someone there. A moment later, a dark Spiral slipped out of the trees.

dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=6&breed=7&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=18&tertgene=13&winggene=23&wings=69&auth=28adc47cc70a799a2528c93ed52df9be1a5ff759&dummyext=prev.png

“Did I scare you?” the strange dragon asked. His voice was surprising husky, and it didn’t sound like an apology.

“It’s fine, really,” said Ava. Now that she could see him more clearly, he looked vaguely familiar. “I’ll just head back to my den.” She turned to leave, but all she saw around her were trees. She had blundered further into the forest than she realized. Ava glanced around, uncertain. The Spiral fluttered in the air, seeming to sense her uncertainty.

“I can take you back,” he said softly. Ava hesitated, then nodded. She would have much preferred to go on her own, but she wasn’t sure she’d be able to find it on her own. The Spiral flew just ahead of her silently. Ava waited for him to say something, but he remained silent. She felt a shiver run down her spine. It was creepy out here in the dark, with no one else around but the bizarre dark Spiral.

“My name’s Ava,” she said, hoping to draw him into conversation. “I’m Tunem,” he responded.

That was something at least.

“Do you live in the oasis, Tunem?” Ava asked. “I think I’ve seen you around before.”

“I don’t live there exactly,” Tunem responded. “But I do stop in from time to time. I mostly stay out in the forest. Being around other dragons doesn’t suit me well.”

“Why do you go to the oasis then?” ventured Ava. “It’s not exactly a quiet place.”

“Every dragon needs to see another one sometimes. To tell the truth, I’ve only been to the oasis once, just recently. I was hoping to find some company. The forest can be….lonely.”

Ava was surprised at that. He didn’t seem like the kind of dragon to get lonely easily. Tunem was still talking, but she was only half listening. The forest still didn’t look anymore familiar. She couldn’t imagine she had possibly gone this far into the forest on her own.

“…I just think it would be better if I had someone with me. I could teach them all about the forest. What a trust that would be, just the two of us, fending off the dangers of the forest. I was hoping I’d find have a nest by now so I could bring my hatchlings into the woods but…”

Ava rolled her eyes quietly. If she had known the door she was opening with Tunem she would have just kept silent. The forest was getting even darker, but she could just barely smell the familiar scents of the oasis. She was so tired she thought her paws might fall off but at least she was almost home.

She looked towards her own den, but Tunem leaned into her, bearing to the left. Towards the nesting grounds. He looked at her, and she knew this was her moment to protest his decision, or not. She only had a moment to make her decision. She followed Tunem.

4DfRBUJ.png

1healthy_0dead.png

When Ava woke up the next morning to light streaming into the nesting grounds, Tunem was gone. She expected he’d be back once it got dark again. She wasn’t sure why she had gone with him to the nesting grounds, but as she curled around her single egg in the nest, she wondered just how much like their bizarre father this hatchling would be.

4DfRBUJ.png

@SakuraDryad @dransnake
Quest for All the Eggs
Project NASA
v886aA7.png
Ava woke up just as the sun was starting to set. Tunem was gone, which was expected. He usually only came around at night, and didn’t stay for very long. It had been a weird few days with him. Ava shifted on the nest and her sleepy eyes immediately flew open. [i] No! No no no no no![/i] Ava jumped up and looked underneath her. Her egg was gone. Ava sprinted out of the nesting grounds, looking around wildly. A few dragons milling around the camp looked up in surprise but Ava went straight to the most familiar looking face. Augusta was sitting under a shady tree talking with a much larger piebald Tundra who Ava vaguely recognized. “Ava! What’s wrong?” Augusta asked immediately. “Tunem...my egg…” Ava gasped, “They’re gone!” Augusta’s mouth dropped open. “I’ll go get Dusk,” the piebald Tundra said. “He’ll get the scouts to organize a search.” He bounded off. Ava nodded, her mind still racing. Augusta moved beside her friend and let Ava lean on her. “Don’t worry,” the golden Tundra said gently. “We’ll find them. Tunem couldn’t get far with an egg. Mateo will come back with other dragons and we’ll [b]find them[/b].” Augusta kept talking, reassuring her, but Ava wasn’t listening. She couldn’t believe he had managed to steal her egg right out from under her. How could she have not noticed? Ava shook her head to focus. None of that mattered. She had to find them. Her egg. Her claws tore at the dirt in frustration. A moment later Mateo came running back followed by Dusk and a white and orange Guardian Ava didn’t know. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18352890] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/183529/18352890_350.png[/img] [/url] “I know we haven’t met,” Dusk started calmly, “but I’m Dusk. I’m the strategist for the Elderwatch, and this is my mate [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=199475&did=18913219]Eclipse[/url]. She’s the head of our scouting team. We’re going to find your egg.” They spent a few more minutes discussing details - when she had fallen asleep, what she knew about Tunem, and where she thought he might be likely to go. Eclipse went to gather any dragons who were around the oasis for search parties. “He’s more likely in the forest than the desert,” Ava explained to the armored Pearlcatcher. “He prefers the shadows. He only visited at night. When we met he kept going on about how he wanted to have someone with him, a partner for….fending off the dangers of the forest....” By the time Eclipse came back with other dragons for the search party, Dusk was already drawing up a plan. Dusk was naturally suited to this - divvying up work and organizing. Ava felt her heartbeat start to slow as Dusk sent off the search parties. Of course they would find her egg. These dragons knew the forest inside and out. In the end Ava was sent into the forest with [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19925159]Mateo[/url], the piebald Tundra who she now knew to be Dusk’s nephew, and his daughter [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21897090]Nishati[/url]. Ava had met Nishati before and knew her to be upbeat and brimming with energy, but today she was the most serious Ava had ever seen her. Two other parties were also going into different areas of the forest, as well as some dragons being sent into the desert, and one party to scour the camp to make sure Tunem hadn’t hidden the egg nearby. Ava, Mateo, and Nishati headed into the forest. Just like the first time she had met Tunem, the forest was dark and shadowy. When they reached the spot, Ava said, “This is about where I first met Tunem. At least I think it is. I somehow got really spun around when I was with him, so I’m not sure exactly.” “Let’s check around here then,” Nishati suggested. “He may have hidden the egg somewhere around here to come back for.” Ava dove into the bushes around her, searching frantically for the egg. It HAD to be here. She was so engrossed in the search, she didn’t notice the pair of electric blue eyes open in the shadows behind her. Tunem lunged at Ava from the shadows, but Nishati intercepted him with a tackle and a shriek so fierce all of the other dragons searching the forest must have heard it. Teeth and claws flying, Nishati lunged at Tunem. He slithered out of her grasp, but he couldn’t escape from Mateo, who pinned him to the ground. “[b]WHERE. IS. THE. EGG[/b],” Mateo snarled. Ava had never seen the friendly Tundra like this, but Tunem didn’t seem intimidated. “The egg is mine,” Tunem hissed. “The child will learn the ways of the forest. She will learn to love the shadows. She is my child and she will learn from me.” Eclipse, Iris, and Maura bounded into the clearing. Tunem managed to slither out from under Mateo but the rest of the dragons positioned themselves in front of Ava. Every tooth was bared and every claw was out. Tunem looked at the ferocious dragons in front of him and vanished into the shadowy forest. “NO!” screamed Ava. “WHERE IS MY EGG!” Maura and Eclipse sprinted into the forest after him, but Nishati stopped Ava from following. “Your egg is here, I’m sure of it,” the Mirror said gently. “We can’t keep up with them anyway. If they find it they’ll bring it back, but we should look here.” Ava nodded numbly and turned, unsure where to start, but Iris and Nishati began rummaging through the plants around them. Ava’s mind was racing, but one noise broke through the chaos. A faint squeak. Nishati heard it too and they both turned to find the source. After a few moments Nishati dove into a bush. A moment later she re-emerged with a tiny spiral clinging tightly around her neck. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58003336][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=131&bodygene=6&breed=7&element=5&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=69&tertgene=13&winggene=23&wings=68&auth=05525e80015c467de019b937578d9e2a510f6999&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] [img]https://i.imgur.com/4DfRBUJ.png[/img] A few hours later all the search parties had been recalled, and Ava and her newborn daughter were safely tucked away in her den. Eclipse and Maura hadn’t been able to chase down Tunem and Dusk had insisted on not only increasing the guards around the camp, but also making sure someone was always near Ava and the baby in case Tunem tried to come back for them. But Ava only had eyes for her new baby. “I can’t believe I wasn’t there when you were born,” she whispered to the sleeping hatchling. “I’m so sorry, baby. So, so sorry.” There were footsteps outside and Nishati poked her head into the den. “Can I come in?” Ava nodded and Nishati entered. “I just wanted to come check on you and the baby. Are you doing okay?” Ava nodded. “We’ll be okay,” she responded. The baby blinked awake and raised her head sleepily. Nishati laid down across from Ava and put her head on the ground, level with the hatchling. “It’s been a big day for you, huh? Have you decided what you want to call her yet?” “Actually,” Ava replied, “I’d liked to call her Tashi, after you.” Nishati sat up in surprise. “I never would have found her without your help. I’m going to make sure she knows. I don’t have a lot of family here, but if it’s okay I’d like for you to be her family too.” “Of course!” Nishati replied excitedly. “I would be honored. You probably know that I hatched from an egg that was abandoned. My dads took me in and raised me. There’s no family like the family you make." [img]https://i.imgur.com/4DfRBUJ.png[/img] @SakuraDryad @dransnake
Ava woke up just as the sun was starting to set. Tunem was gone, which was expected. He usually only came around at night, and didn’t stay for very long. It had been a weird few days with him. Ava shifted on the nest and her sleepy eyes immediately flew open. No! No no no no no! Ava jumped up and looked underneath her. Her egg was gone.

Ava sprinted out of the nesting grounds, looking around wildly. A few dragons milling around the camp looked up in surprise but Ava went straight to the most familiar looking face. Augusta was sitting under a shady tree talking with a much larger piebald Tundra who Ava vaguely recognized.

“Ava! What’s wrong?” Augusta asked immediately.

“Tunem...my egg…” Ava gasped, “They’re gone!”

Augusta’s mouth dropped open. “I’ll go get Dusk,” the piebald Tundra said. “He’ll get the scouts to organize a search.” He bounded off.

Ava nodded, her mind still racing. Augusta moved beside her friend and let Ava lean on her. “Don’t worry,” the golden Tundra said gently. “We’ll find them. Tunem couldn’t get far with an egg. Mateo will come back with other dragons and we’ll find them.” Augusta kept talking, reassuring her, but Ava wasn’t listening. She couldn’t believe he had managed to steal her egg right out from under her. How could she have not noticed? Ava shook her head to focus. None of that mattered. She had to find them. Her egg. Her claws tore at the dirt in frustration.

A moment later Mateo came running back followed by Dusk and a white and orange Guardian Ava didn’t know.

18352890_350.png

“I know we haven’t met,” Dusk started calmly, “but I’m Dusk. I’m the strategist for the Elderwatch, and this is my mate Eclipse. She’s the head of our scouting team. We’re going to find your egg.” They spent a few more minutes discussing details - when she had fallen asleep, what she knew about Tunem, and where she thought he might be likely to go. Eclipse went to gather any dragons who were around the oasis for search parties. “He’s more likely in the forest than the desert,” Ava explained to the armored Pearlcatcher. “He prefers the shadows. He only visited at night. When we met he kept going on about how he wanted to have someone with him, a partner for….fending off the dangers of the forest....”

By the time Eclipse came back with other dragons for the search party, Dusk was already drawing up a plan. Dusk was naturally suited to this - divvying up work and organizing. Ava felt her heartbeat start to slow as Dusk sent off the search parties. Of course they would find her egg. These dragons knew the forest inside and out. In the end Ava was sent into the forest with Mateo, the piebald Tundra who she now knew to be Dusk’s nephew, and his daughter Nishati. Ava had met Nishati before and knew her to be upbeat and brimming with energy, but today she was the most serious Ava had ever seen her. Two other parties were also going into different areas of the forest, as well as some dragons being sent into the desert, and one party to scour the camp to make sure Tunem hadn’t hidden the egg nearby.

Ava, Mateo, and Nishati headed into the forest. Just like the first time she had met Tunem, the forest was dark and shadowy. When they reached the spot, Ava said, “This is about where I first met Tunem. At least I think it is. I somehow got really spun around when I was with him, so I’m not sure exactly.” “Let’s check around here then,” Nishati suggested. “He may have hidden the egg somewhere around here to come back for.”

Ava dove into the bushes around her, searching frantically for the egg. It HAD to be here. She was so engrossed in the search, she didn’t notice the pair of electric blue eyes open in the shadows behind her. Tunem lunged at Ava from the shadows, but Nishati intercepted him with a tackle and a shriek so fierce all of the other dragons searching the forest must have heard it. Teeth and claws flying, Nishati lunged at Tunem. He slithered out of her grasp, but he couldn’t escape from Mateo, who pinned him to the ground. “WHERE. IS. THE. EGG,” Mateo snarled. Ava had never seen the friendly Tundra like this, but Tunem didn’t seem intimidated.

“The egg is mine,” Tunem hissed. “The child will learn the ways of the forest. She will learn to love the shadows. She is my child and she will learn from me.”

Eclipse, Iris, and Maura bounded into the clearing. Tunem managed to slither out from under Mateo but the rest of the dragons positioned themselves in front of Ava. Every tooth was bared and every claw was out. Tunem looked at the ferocious dragons in front of him and vanished into the shadowy forest.

“NO!” screamed Ava. “WHERE IS MY EGG!”

Maura and Eclipse sprinted into the forest after him, but Nishati stopped Ava from following. “Your egg is here, I’m sure of it,” the Mirror said gently. “We can’t keep up with them anyway. If they find it they’ll bring it back, but we should look here.”

Ava nodded numbly and turned, unsure where to start, but Iris and Nishati began rummaging through the plants around them. Ava’s mind was racing, but one noise broke through the chaos. A faint squeak. Nishati heard it too and they both turned to find the source. After a few moments Nishati dove into a bush. A moment later she re-emerged with a tiny spiral clinging tightly around her neck.

dragon?age=0&body=131&bodygene=6&breed=7&element=5&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=69&tertgene=13&winggene=23&wings=68&auth=05525e80015c467de019b937578d9e2a510f6999&dummyext=prev.png

4DfRBUJ.png

A few hours later all the search parties had been recalled, and Ava and her newborn daughter were safely tucked away in her den. Eclipse and Maura hadn’t been able to chase down Tunem and Dusk had insisted on not only increasing the guards around the camp, but also making sure someone was always near Ava and the baby in case Tunem tried to come back for them. But Ava only had eyes for her new baby.

“I can’t believe I wasn’t there when you were born,” she whispered to the sleeping hatchling. “I’m so sorry, baby. So, so sorry.” There were footsteps outside and Nishati poked her head into the den. “Can I come in?”

Ava nodded and Nishati entered. “I just wanted to come check on you and the baby. Are you doing okay?” Ava nodded. “We’ll be okay,” she responded. The baby blinked awake and raised her head sleepily.

Nishati laid down across from Ava and put her head on the ground, level with the hatchling. “It’s been a big day for you, huh? Have you decided what you want to call her yet?”

“Actually,” Ava replied, “I’d liked to call her Tashi, after you.” Nishati sat up in surprise. “I never would have found her without your help. I’m going to make sure she knows. I don’t have a lot of family here, but if it’s okay I’d like for you to be her family too.”

“Of course!” Nishati replied excitedly. “I would be honored. You probably know that I hatched from an egg that was abandoned. My dads took me in and raised me. There’s no family like the family you make."

4DfRBUJ.png

@SakuraDryad @dransnake
Quest for All the Eggs
Project NASA
v886aA7.png
Oh my gosh, that ending tho. That was super cute! Tho I figured the noodle man was up to no good >:V
He deserves the thrashing of a lifetime for being an egg thief
Oh my gosh, that ending tho. That was super cute! Tho I figured the noodle man was up to no good >:V
He deserves the thrashing of a lifetime for being an egg thief
hwxM86P.png FR+1
She/her pronouns!
Freelance artist
ShaDOM Discord
(open to all!)
gold_sword.gif galaxy_love.gif jmOzXMH.png
@TheNightsSecret Of course!
@TheNightsSecret Of course!
Quest for All the Eggs
Project NASA
v886aA7.png
The Night of the Nocturne was over and the oasis was bustling with dragons moving through once again. Now that the festivities were over, there was a new rush of dragon leaving to serve the Stormcatcher, many of whom stopped at the oasis on their way. Ava spent most of her time with [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=199475&tab=dragon&did=58003336]Tashi[/url], away from the visiting dragons. Ava knew she was being over-protective, but after she had nearly lost Tashi, she couldn’t bear to let the young Spiral out of her site. Tashi was playing with a figure Kenton had painted for her when [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=199475&tab=dragon&did=21897090]Nishati[/url] and [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=199475&tab=dragon&did=56581282]Augusta[/url] came into Ava’s den. “Alright Ava,” said Augusta matter-of-factly, “you have GOT to get out of this den. Nishati will take care of Tashi for the afternoon, and you and I are going out.” Ava started to protest but Augusta didn’t let her get the first word out. “I don’t want to hear it. Tashi will be perfectly safe with Nishati, you know that. We aren’t going far. But you need time to yourself and goodness knows Tashi could use some time away from you too.” Ava glanced over at Tashi, who was already excitedly winding around her neon pink namesake. “We’ll be fine, Mama!” she exclaimed. “Alright,” Ava agreed. “It would be good to get out of the den.” [img]https://i.imgur.com/4DfRBUJ.png[/img] The two friends spent the next several hours wandering the area around the oasis and talking. Ava poured out her fears after her encounter with Tunem, and the nightmares that still haunted her on occasion. “I feel so stupid,” Ava elaborated, “How could I not see what he really was like? I should have known…” The hours passed quickly and now the two dragons were laying in the sun near the edge of the desert. Augusta had quickly fallen asleep, but Ava was very much awake, energized by being back in the excitement of the oasis. Ava got up quietly and headed back to the oasis. It was a busy place these days, with so many dragons passing through on their way to the Stormcatcher. Ava found a quiet spot next to one of the pools and laid down to lazily watch the fish. There was a blue and silver Imperial laying on the other side of the pool, reading a book. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55596466] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/555965/55596466_350.png[/img] [/url] He looked up as Ava settled across from him. “Hello,” he said politely. Ava replied, “Hi, I don’t mean to bother you. I just wanted a quiet spot to relax for a while.” The Imperial nodded, but didn’t return to his book. He seemed to be expecting her to continue. “I’m Ava. Are you passing through on your way to the Stormcatcher?” “Yes, I am,” he replied. “But I’m not in any particular hurry to get there, I must admit. My name is Ancient.” Ava quickly fell into an easy conversation with Ancient. He told her that he had grown up mostly on his own, and taken his name by being known for studying ancient books, primarily those about the deities. “That’s why I’m going to serve the Stormcatcher,” he explained. I want to know what he’s like first-hand. I don’t have any family, so although I’m not thrilled by the prospect of staying there for the rest of my life, it’s not like I’m leaving much behind here.” Ava thought that was a sad sentiment, and although she didn’t say so, Ancient seemed to be able to read it on her face. “I had hoped to have a son to pass my love of ancient lore down to before I left,” Ancient admitted. “Do you have any children?” Ava smiled. She told him all about her children, from those who had moved on to their own lives, to those who still lived at the oasis. “You have been blessed with much love in your life,” Ancient observed. Ava thought of her children, as well as Athos and Firestone. “I have,” she agreed. “If there’s anything I hope I can teach my children, it’s to always put more love in the world.” [img]https://flightrising.com/images/nests/5/3healthy_0dead.png[/img] It was Tashi who found Ava first. She bumbled into the nesting grounds trying to hide from Nishati, but stopped short when she saw Ava and Ancient on a newly laid nest. “Mom!” she exclaimed, mouth open. Ava blushed, but Ancient didn’t miss a beat and politely introduced himself. Tashi beamed. “Oh I can’t wait to tell Augusta and Nishati about this!” [img]https://i.imgur.com/4DfRBUJ.png[/img] @SakuraDryad @dransnake @TheNightsSecret
The Night of the Nocturne was over and the oasis was bustling with dragons moving through once again. Now that the festivities were over, there was a new rush of dragon leaving to serve the Stormcatcher, many of whom stopped at the oasis on their way. Ava spent most of her time with Tashi, away from the visiting dragons. Ava knew she was being over-protective, but after she had nearly lost Tashi, she couldn’t bear to let the young Spiral out of her site.

Tashi was playing with a figure Kenton had painted for her when Nishati and Augusta came into Ava’s den. “Alright Ava,” said Augusta matter-of-factly, “you have GOT to get out of this den. Nishati will take care of Tashi for the afternoon, and you and I are going out.” Ava started to protest but Augusta didn’t let her get the first word out. “I don’t want to hear it. Tashi will be perfectly safe with Nishati, you know that. We aren’t going far. But you need time to yourself and goodness knows Tashi could use some time away from you too.” Ava glanced over at Tashi, who was already excitedly winding around her neon pink namesake. “We’ll be fine, Mama!” she exclaimed. “Alright,” Ava agreed. “It would be good to get out of the den.”

4DfRBUJ.png

The two friends spent the next several hours wandering the area around the oasis and talking. Ava poured out her fears after her encounter with Tunem, and the nightmares that still haunted her on occasion. “I feel so stupid,” Ava elaborated, “How could I not see what he really was like? I should have known…” The hours passed quickly and now the two dragons were laying in the sun near the edge of the desert. Augusta had quickly fallen asleep, but Ava was very much awake, energized by being back in the excitement of the oasis.

Ava got up quietly and headed back to the oasis. It was a busy place these days, with so many dragons passing through on their way to the Stormcatcher. Ava found a quiet spot next to one of the pools and laid down to lazily watch the fish. There was a blue and silver Imperial laying on the other side of the pool, reading a book.

55596466_350.png

He looked up as Ava settled across from him. “Hello,” he said politely. Ava replied, “Hi, I don’t mean to bother you. I just wanted a quiet spot to relax for a while.” The Imperial nodded, but didn’t return to his book. He seemed to be expecting her to continue. “I’m Ava. Are you passing through on your way to the Stormcatcher?”

“Yes, I am,” he replied. “But I’m not in any particular hurry to get there, I must admit. My name is Ancient.” Ava quickly fell into an easy conversation with Ancient. He told her that he had grown up mostly on his own, and taken his name by being known for studying ancient books, primarily those about the deities. “That’s why I’m going to serve the Stormcatcher,” he explained. I want to know what he’s like first-hand. I don’t have any family, so although I’m not thrilled by the prospect of staying there for the rest of my life, it’s not like I’m leaving much behind here.”

Ava thought that was a sad sentiment, and although she didn’t say so, Ancient seemed to be able to read it on her face. “I had hoped to have a son to pass my love of ancient lore down to before I left,” Ancient admitted. “Do you have any children?” Ava smiled. She told him all about her children, from those who had moved on to their own lives, to those who still lived at the oasis. “You have been blessed with much love in your life,” Ancient observed. Ava thought of her children, as well as Athos and Firestone. “I have,” she agreed. “If there’s anything I hope I can teach my children, it’s to always put more love in the world.”

3healthy_0dead.png

It was Tashi who found Ava first. She bumbled into the nesting grounds trying to hide from Nishati, but stopped short when she saw Ava and Ancient on a newly laid nest. “Mom!” she exclaimed, mouth open. Ava blushed, but Ancient didn’t miss a beat and politely introduced himself. Tashi beamed. “Oh I can’t wait to tell Augusta and Nishati about this!”

4DfRBUJ.png

@SakuraDryad @dransnake @TheNightsSecret
Quest for All the Eggs
Project NASA
v886aA7.png
Can I be added to the pinglist please!
Can I be added to the pinglist please!
24508.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Female