Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Revenge is War [TvN/ Nobility challenge]
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
[size=1]@Jaspernoir @JokersWild233 @tanukiception[/size] [center][b]Day 77[/b][/center] [b][i]Status Effects:[/i][/b] N/A [u][b]Soraka's Pack[/b][/u] Baltar, Fever, and Eclipse will be going to the coli today for 30 rounds. -Soraka dealt the last blow in battle and got the blue dragon reef snail -Kabocha and Korax lost 1 LP and were replaced by Rail and Baltar -Baltar lost 1 LP and was replaced by Naxor -Naxor dealt the last blow in battle and got the cursed bat -Rail and Soraka lost 1 LP and were replaced by Everyn and Fever -Naxor lost 1 LP and was replaced by Nepos -Nepos lost 1 LP and was replaced by Eclipse -Fever lost 1 LP and was replaced by Cobra -Cobra lost 1 LP on the last battle [quote=Notable drops] [item=blue dragon reef snail] [item=cursed bat] [item=minor health potion] [/quote] -Korax has lost his last LP and is now dead -Kabocha has lost her last LP and must flip a coin: one of the familiars got heads so she gets to live *** [color=maroon] The death of Korax didn't come as much of a surprise to the pack, however, the death of his sister did. Once more Ribos' pack had taken another member from them. On top of that, Naxor had received a bad burn from the ambush and now, the only heir remaining, was fighting for his own life. With Korax's eggs broken and rotting with both parents deceased, Soraka held little hope anyone would be left by the time they reached safety. [/color] [u][b]Ribos' Pack[/b][/u] Aleron, Naira, and Owena will be going to the coli today for 75 rounds. -Aleron and Owena lost 1 LP and were replaced by Fasur and Rauken -Rauken lost 1 LP and was replaced by Talamir -Naira lost 1 LP and was replaced by Scura -Fasur and Scura lost 1 LP and were replaced by Ribos and Regis -We used 1 potion on Ribos -Talamir lost 1 LP and was replaced by Vist -Vist lost 1 LP and was replaced by Bloodmaw -Bloodmaw lost 1 LP and was replaced by Raz -Raz lost 1 LP and was replaced by Nebula -Ribos dealt the last blow in battle and got the cursed bat -We used 1 potion on Regis -Regis lost 1 LP and was replaced by Lendros -Ribos and Lendros lost 1 LP and were replaced by Lunar and Nigel -Nebula and Lunar lost 1 LP and were replaced by Oilette and Wyrril -Oilette dealt the last blow in battle and got the aspen gall dryad -Wyrril and Nigel lost 1 LP and were replaced by Hera and Orsi -Hera and Orsi lost 1 LP and were replaced by Veiled and Comus -Veiled dealt the last blow in battle and got the grove piper [quote=Notable drops] [item=minor health potion]x2 [item=shroud] [item=fiery acuity fragment] [item=cursed bat] [item=aspen gall dryad] [item=grove piper] [/quote] - Regis obtained Shroud and used it to kill Rail - A dragon in Ribos' pack will act as a spy each day until the next dom tally -Naxor has suffered a magical burn and will lose double the LPs. -Hera has lost her last LP and must flip a coin: she got Heads so her familiar died in her place *** [color=maroon] The praise Regis received for accomplishing something so major made him happy. He'd always wanted to prove himself to Ribos and had attempted to do so again and again... but not without a cost. The mirror had been growing frail over time from the wear and tear of their harsh training and travels. He wondered if all his strength and power would even manage to save him in the end, though at least even if he died he could rest knowing he'd been one of the best members in the pack right up alongside Ribos' own son, Talamir. [/color]
@Jaspernoir @JokersWild233 @tanukiception
Day 77

Status Effects:

N/A

Soraka's Pack

Baltar, Fever, and Eclipse will be going to the coli today for 30 rounds.

-Soraka dealt the last blow in battle and got the blue dragon reef snail
-Kabocha and Korax lost 1 LP and were replaced by Rail and Baltar
-Baltar lost 1 LP and was replaced by Naxor
-Naxor dealt the last blow in battle and got the cursed bat
-Rail and Soraka lost 1 LP and were replaced by Everyn and Fever
-Naxor lost 1 LP and was replaced by Nepos
-Nepos lost 1 LP and was replaced by Eclipse
-Fever lost 1 LP and was replaced by Cobra
-Cobra lost 1 LP on the last battle
Notable drops wrote:
Blue Dragon Reef Snail Cursed Bat Minor Health Potion
-Korax has lost his last LP and is now dead
-Kabocha has lost her last LP and must flip a coin: one of the familiars got heads so she gets to live

The death of Korax didn't come as much of a surprise to the pack, however, the death of his sister did. Once more Ribos' pack had taken another member from them. On top of that, Naxor had received a bad burn from the ambush and now, the only heir remaining, was fighting for his own life.

With Korax's eggs broken and rotting with both parents deceased, Soraka held little hope anyone would be left by the time they reached safety.

Ribos' Pack

Aleron, Naira, and Owena will be going to the coli today for 75 rounds.

-Aleron and Owena lost 1 LP and were replaced by Fasur and Rauken
-Rauken lost 1 LP and was replaced by Talamir
-Naira lost 1 LP and was replaced by Scura
-Fasur and Scura lost 1 LP and were replaced by Ribos and Regis
-We used 1 potion on Ribos
-Talamir lost 1 LP and was replaced by Vist
-Vist lost 1 LP and was replaced by Bloodmaw
-Bloodmaw lost 1 LP and was replaced by Raz
-Raz lost 1 LP and was replaced by Nebula
-Ribos dealt the last blow in battle and got the cursed bat
-We used 1 potion on Regis
-Regis lost 1 LP and was replaced by Lendros
-Ribos and Lendros lost 1 LP and were replaced by Lunar and Nigel
-Nebula and Lunar lost 1 LP and were replaced by Oilette and Wyrril
-Oilette dealt the last blow in battle and got the aspen gall dryad
-Wyrril and Nigel lost 1 LP and were replaced by Hera and Orsi
-Hera and Orsi lost 1 LP and were replaced by Veiled and Comus
-Veiled dealt the last blow in battle and got the grove piper
Notable drops wrote:
Minor Health Potion x2 Shroud Fiery Acuity Fragment Cursed Bat Aspen Gall Dryad Grove Piper
- Regis obtained Shroud and used it to kill Rail
- A dragon in Ribos' pack will act as a spy each day until the next dom tally
-Naxor has suffered a magical burn and will lose double the LPs.
-Hera has lost her last LP and must flip a coin: she got Heads so her familiar died in her place

The praise Regis received for accomplishing something so major made him happy. He'd always wanted to prove himself to Ribos and had attempted to do so again and again... but not without a cost. The mirror had been growing frail over time from the wear and tear of their harsh training and travels. He wondered if all his strength and power would even manage to save him in the end, though at least even if he died he could rest knowing he'd been one of the best members in the pack right up alongside Ribos' own son, Talamir.

3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
CALLED IT

Wait if both parents die then don't the heirs still flip a coin to live ir not?
There's still hope!

Also if Regis dies then I'm going to cry in a corner
CALLED IT

Wait if both parents die then don't the heirs still flip a coin to live ir not?
There's still hope!

Also if Regis dies then I'm going to cry in a corner
@Tanukiception

Heirs never have to flip coins since they have to fight for place as heir. I did try to see if there was any coin flip rule or what to do in the situation if the parents to heirs both die before the nest hatches (in this case 3 days) but didn't see it mentioned in either rules.

I might end up doing a coin flip or dice roll to see but at the moment it's looking like Soraka's pack is going down with or without one. and they started off this challenge so promising too...
@Tanukiception

Heirs never have to flip coins since they have to fight for place as heir. I did try to see if there was any coin flip rule or what to do in the situation if the parents to heirs both die before the nest hatches (in this case 3 days) but didn't see it mentioned in either rules.

I might end up doing a coin flip or dice roll to see but at the moment it's looking like Soraka's pack is going down with or without one. and they started off this challenge so promising too...
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
Ahhh

Eceryone in Soraka's pack be dropping like flies.
Ahhh

Eceryone in Soraka's pack be dropping like flies.
[size=1]@Jaspernoir @JokersWild233 @tanukiception[/size] [center][b]Day 78[/b][/center] [b][i]Status Effects:[/i][/b] -Raz will act as a spy -Naxor will lose double LPs [u][b]Soraka's Pack[/b][/u] Raz, Kabocha, and Callon will be going to the coli today for 30 rounds. -Callon lost 1 LP and was replaced by Soraka -Raz lost 1 LP and was replaced by Naxor -We used 2 potions on Soraka -Kabocha and Naxor lost 1 LP and were replaced by Nepos and Everyn -We used 1 potion on Soraka -Everyn lost 1 LP on the last battle [quote=Notable drops] [item=minor health potion]x2 [/quote] -Kabocha has lost her last LP and must flip a coin: We got tails so she died -Naxor has lost his last LP and must flip a coin: We got heads twice so his familiars died in his place *** We have enough points for a new dragon: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56371675] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/563717/56371675_350.png[/img] [/url] Callon (we'll also be using our second apparel drop to breed her with Naxor when the next nest opens tomorrow) [s]can we make a come back[/s] *** [color=maroon] They were only a day's journey away now yet they'd lost so many. Soraka knew they had to press onward and take that last metaphorical step but would they be able to make it? [i]"We have to try... I just hope they'll help- if they're even around."[/i] [/color] [u][b]Ribos' Pack[/b][/u] Aravi, Fasur, and Talamir will be going to the coli today for 75 rounds. -Aravi dealt the last blow in battle and got the myosotis fox -Aravi lost 1 LP and was replaced by Nebula -Nebula lost 1 LP and was replaced by Aleron -Aleron lost 1 LP and was replaced by Comus -Talamir lost 1 LP and was replaced by Wyrril -Fasur lost 1 LP and was replaced by Scura -We used 1 potion on Comus -Wyrril and Scura lost 1 LP and were replaced by Hera and Bloodmaw -Bloodmaw lost 1 LP and was replaced by Iris -Comus lost 1 LP and was replaced by Oilette -We used 1 potion on Oilette -Iris lost 1 LP and was replaced by Owena -Hera lost 1 LP and was replaced by Orsi -Orsi lost 1 LP and was replaced by Vist -Vist and Owena lost 1 LP and were replaced by Lendros and Ribos -Lendros and Oilette lost 1 LP and were replaced by Naira and Nigel -Naira and Nigel lost 1 LP and were replaced by Domnar and Lunar -Domnar and Lunar lost 1 LP and were replaced by Veiled and Aleta -Ribos dealt the last blow in battle and got the white rot deer -Aleta lost 1 LP and was replaced by Rauken -Rauken lost 1 LP and was replaced by Regis -Veiled lost 1 LP on the last battle [quote=Notable drops] [item=myosotis fox] [item=minor health potion]x3 [item=sap] [item=meditate] [item=white rot deer] [item=aquatic acuity fragment] [/quote] -Comus sapped 1/2 LPs from Everyn -Bloodmaw got 1 1/2 LPs -Iris lost her last LP and is now dead -Hera lost her last LP and is now dead -Naira lost her last LP and is now dead -Domnar has lost his last LP and must flip a coin: both familiars got Tails so he is now dead -Aleta lost her last LP and must flip a coin: it was Tails so she is now dead -Watery drowning took 2 1/2 LPs from Naxor, which means he's now dead [s]geez rng... got my hopes up things were about to even out again between the packs[/s] *** Raz's nest hatched [s]and boy are they uh... something[/s] [columns][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57339770] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/573398/57339770.png[/img] [/url][nextcol] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57339771] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/573398/57339771.png[/img] [/url][nextcol] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57339772] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/573398/57339772.png[/img] [/url][/columns] *** [color=maroon] Domnar sensed the danger right before the attack came. Teeth sank deep into his neck while sharp claws gouged his side. At first he thought it was his father finishing his threat but as he flung the enemy off it was Aravi who collapsed to the ground. His younger brother got back to his feet and stared down at him as Domnar collapsed to the ground. "What's wrong, brother? You seem surprised... Were you not going to do the same to me once father was out of the way?" He couldn't respond, though he felt both shock at his younger brother's correct assumption and pride for teaching him so well. Aravi looked down at him a moment longer before showing mercy and finishing him off swiftly. "Don't worry, I'll take care of him for the both of us." *** "The last of their leaders are gone." Talamir looked over at his father. "They have no one left. Soraka is no leader. She'll run them to their death." "Good." Ribos rose to his feet. "Let's see if they'll lead me to Kai... then we'll finish both off at once." [/color] ----------------- Welp, tomorrow will probably be the last day given Ribos' bloodline won the legacy challenge. We'll wrap things up lore wise and maybe eventually do another challenge in the future. [size=1]and I'll be deciding which dragons to keep/ sell or exalt from this out of tomorrow's survivors[/size]
Day 78

Status Effects:

-Raz will act as a spy
-Naxor will lose double LPs

Soraka's Pack

Raz, Kabocha, and Callon will be going to the coli today for 30 rounds.

-Callon lost 1 LP and was replaced by Soraka
-Raz lost 1 LP and was replaced by Naxor
-We used 2 potions on Soraka
-Kabocha and Naxor lost 1 LP and were replaced by Nepos and Everyn
-We used 1 potion on Soraka
-Everyn lost 1 LP on the last battle
Notable drops wrote:
Minor Health Potion x2
-Kabocha has lost her last LP and must flip a coin: We got tails so she died
-Naxor has lost his last LP and must flip a coin: We got heads twice so his familiars died in his place

We have enough points for a new dragon:

56371675_350.png

Callon

(we'll also be using our second apparel drop to breed her with Naxor when the next nest opens tomorrow) can we make a come back

They were only a day's journey away now yet they'd lost so many. Soraka knew they had to press onward and take that last metaphorical step but would they be able to make it?

"We have to try... I just hope they'll help- if they're even around."

Ribos' Pack

Aravi, Fasur, and Talamir will be going to the coli today for 75 rounds.

-Aravi dealt the last blow in battle and got the myosotis fox
-Aravi lost 1 LP and was replaced by Nebula
-Nebula lost 1 LP and was replaced by Aleron
-Aleron lost 1 LP and was replaced by Comus
-Talamir lost 1 LP and was replaced by Wyrril
-Fasur lost 1 LP and was replaced by Scura
-We used 1 potion on Comus
-Wyrril and Scura lost 1 LP and were replaced by Hera and Bloodmaw
-Bloodmaw lost 1 LP and was replaced by Iris
-Comus lost 1 LP and was replaced by Oilette
-We used 1 potion on Oilette
-Iris lost 1 LP and was replaced by Owena
-Hera lost 1 LP and was replaced by Orsi
-Orsi lost 1 LP and was replaced by Vist
-Vist and Owena lost 1 LP and were replaced by Lendros and Ribos
-Lendros and Oilette lost 1 LP and were replaced by Naira and Nigel
-Naira and Nigel lost 1 LP and were replaced by Domnar and Lunar
-Domnar and Lunar lost 1 LP and were replaced by Veiled and Aleta
-Ribos dealt the last blow in battle and got the white rot deer
-Aleta lost 1 LP and was replaced by Rauken
-Rauken lost 1 LP and was replaced by Regis
-Veiled lost 1 LP on the last battle
Notable drops wrote:
Myosotis Fox Minor Health Potion x3 Sap Meditate White Rot Deer Aquatic Acuity Fragment
-Comus sapped 1/2 LPs from Everyn
-Bloodmaw got 1 1/2 LPs
-Iris lost her last LP and is now dead
-Hera lost her last LP and is now dead
-Naira lost her last LP and is now dead
-Domnar has lost his last LP and must flip a coin: both familiars got Tails so he is now dead
-Aleta lost her last LP and must flip a coin: it was Tails so she is now dead
-Watery drowning took 2 1/2 LPs from Naxor, which means he's now dead geez rng... got my hopes up things were about to even out again between the packs

Raz's nest hatched and boy are they uh... something

57339770.png

57339771.png

57339772.png

Domnar sensed the danger right before the attack came. Teeth sank deep into his neck while sharp claws gouged his side. At first he thought it was his father finishing his threat but as he flung the enemy off it was Aravi who collapsed to the ground.

His younger brother got back to his feet and stared down at him as Domnar collapsed to the ground. "What's wrong, brother? You seem surprised... Were you not going to do the same to me once father was out of the way?"

He couldn't respond, though he felt both shock at his younger brother's correct assumption and pride for teaching him so well. Aravi looked down at him a moment longer before showing mercy and finishing him off swiftly.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of him for the both of us."

"The last of their leaders are gone." Talamir looked over at his father. "They have no one left. Soraka is no leader. She'll run them to their death."

"Good." Ribos rose to his feet. "Let's see if they'll lead me to Kai... then we'll finish both off at once."

Welp, tomorrow will probably be the last day given Ribos' bloodline won the legacy challenge. We'll wrap things up lore wise and maybe eventually do another challenge in the future. and I'll be deciding which dragons to keep/ sell or exalt from this out of tomorrow's survivors
I'm holding out hope for Soraka's party despite all odds. Here's hoping that nest opens up quick and the parents hold on long enough to not risk rougher flips.

Pink and brown is a good combo at least? Goes well with the plague eyes too!
I'm holding out hope for Soraka's party despite all odds. Here's hoping that nest opens up quick and the parents hold on long enough to not risk rougher flips.

Pink and brown is a good combo at least? Goes well with the plague eyes too!
GD7On40.png
@Weredogalism yeah, at least they're Plague-ish, especially that first boy imo. Still, I had been hoping more for reds, ah well.
@Weredogalism yeah, at least they're Plague-ish, especially that first boy imo. Still, I had been hoping more for reds, ah well.
*gasp*

So
Naxor has died....
WOOT YO WE BEAT A SKYDANCER TO DEATH

Wow, kudos to Ribos for making it so far on 1.5 LPS NO LESS
Also JEEZ ARAVI IS SAVAGE
damn all the mirrors have to die

I can't believe it's all coming to a close now...
*gasp*

So
Naxor has died....
WOOT YO WE BEAT A SKYDANCER TO DEATH

Wow, kudos to Ribos for making it so far on 1.5 LPS NO LESS
Also JEEZ ARAVI IS SAVAGE
damn all the mirrors have to die

I can't believe it's all coming to a close now...
[size=1]@Jaspernoir @JokersWild233 @tanukiception[/size] [center][b]Day 79[/b][/center] [b][i]Status Effects:[/i][/b] -Wyrril will act as a spy -Calllon lost 2 1/2 LPs to water drowning [u][b]Soraka's Pack[/b][/u] Wyrril, Everyn, and Nepos will be going to the coli today for 30 rounds. -Wyrril and Nepos lost 1 LP and were replaced by Eclipse and Baltar -Everyn lost 1 LP and was replaced by Fever -Fever and Baltar lost 1 LP and were replaced by Cobra and Trista -Eclipse lost 1 LP and was replaced by Callon [quote=Notable drops] N/A [/quote] *** [color=maroon] Against all odd they made it to where Kai's old group once lived on the outskirts of the Clan of Death, their prison for abominations like Shade-touched and Emperors contained deep inside. Soraka felt relief go through her as a gaoler named Khaadgrim greeted them and took the wounded to be treated by the prison's healers- at least now they would be safe. As for herself, she went with the prison's leader to meet with the second leader, Sugar Meadow, and told them her story. They both agreed to help, though were reluctant to fulfill her second request. The icey stare of Khaadgrim's many eyes bore into her as the gaoler guided Soraka down a hall. "Prisoners aren't let out, and for good reason." "I need to see him." She insisted. "Kai fled after the prison was finished. No one thought anything of it- he was grieving for those he lost... Do you know why he's locked up here? It certainly wasn't because of what he did to you or that other mirror, though it doesn't help his case." "No..." "He killed an entire mirror pack in revenge for what they did and later confessed to the deaths of several other dragons who he believed wronged his adoptive family." She scoffed. "Justice he called it. Well, now he has his." [i]"That sounds like what Ribos has become..."[/i] Soraka stayed silent and continued to follow them to a cell of magic enhanced bone and rock. Inside was the shadowy form of Kai, his red eyes staring at them before resting on her. He slowly rose to his feet and stepped up to the bars, chains dragging the stone floor. "...You're alive." His voice was gruffer than Soraka remembered, but given he probably didn't speak much she guested it was just due to disuse. "So is Ribos." "Why did you come back? Surely by now you understand what I've done- been told of my crimes." "Ribos is coming to kill you." She heard him laugh in response. "Is he now? Can't blame him... but the guards will kill him before I even hear him coming." "His pack has killed so many innocent dragons because of you, don't you care?" "That was his choice." The amusement fell from his tone and the gaoler turned his back to them. "...I assume he'll become a prisoner like me... His mistake. Ribos could've done anything with his life and now he'll be trapped here forever." "He was right... You really never cared." Soraka felt hurt at the realization Ribos had been correct. She backed away from the cell. "Well, I mean... I [i]was[/i] going to kill you." A red eye looked back at her as he turned his head. "But if I really wanted either of you dead I would've hunted you down after escaping to make sure of it... I understand if you see me as a monster." "Let's go." Khaadgrim ushered her away. "We'll be having guests soon." [/color] [u][b]Ribos' Pack[/b][/u] Talamir, Ribos, and Avari will be going to the coli today for 60 rounds. -Aravi lost 1 LP and was replaced by Vist -we used 1 potion on Ribos -Ribos lost 1 LP and was replaced by nebula -Vist and Nebula lost 1 LP and were replaced by Regis and Bloodmaw -Bloodmaw and Regis lost 1 LP and were replaced by Scura and Owena -Owena lost 1 LP and was replaced by Veiled -Scura and Talamir lost 1 LP and were replaced by Comus and Aleron -Veiled and Aleron lost 1 LP and were replaced by Fasur and Nigel -Comus lost 1 LP and was replaced by Orsi -Orsi and Fasur lost 1 LP on the last battle [quote=Notable drops] [item=minor health potion] [item=aquatic acuity fragment] [item=natural might fragment] [item=natural acuity fragment] [item=dark acuity fragment] [/quote] -Ribos lost his last LP and must flip a coin: one got heads so Ribos lived -Regis lost his last LP and must flip a coin: one got heads so Regis lived -Talamir lost his last LP and must flip a coin: one got heads so Talamir lived -Baltar lost 2 1/2 LPs to watery drowning -Fever lost 1/2 LP to poisoning -Fever lost another 1/2 LP to a double dose of poisoning -Fasur lost all his LP and must flip a coin: they got tails so he died *** [color=maroon] The battle had been horrifically short. Around him the remains of his pack were lying wounded or dead on the ground while many had simply fled after seeing they were to be defeated. The guards had been ready for them, Ribos hadn't even made it into the prison to finish off Kai and Soraka. He gave a pained huff and growled at the dragon on top of him, which only made their claws dig further against his head. A sort distance away his son was lying motionless on the ground... he couldn't tell if Talamir was unconscious or dead. Even Regis had been put out of commission and was lying on his side with a wing and hind leg at awkward angles after taking an unexpected magic attack from a gaoler. A familiar mirror walked up to him as more guards came and shackled him. "I didn't want this to happen... You gave me no choice." Soraka kept out of reach of any attacks he might try, a saddened expression on her face. Ribos growled once more and shoved himself upward with the remains of his strength, sending the dragon pinning him on the ground. "You saw him, didn't you? You saw him and yet still betray me like this!?" The other guards pulled the chains back, halting his steps. "Kai got what he deserved and now you will too." She glanced around at the bodies before looking back at him. "Look what you've caused. All this death... for what? 'Justice'? Your own kin blindly died for what you believed in- even other dragons who shared no part in this." "Those cowards left me!" "They knew this was wrong... Goodbye, brother..." He stared in shock as she walked away from him, the reality of the situation sinking in. "Soraka, don't leave me like this! Come back!" She didn't even acknowledge his cry and seconds later he was herded inside with the few remains of the surviving kin who'd helped him to be locked away... forever. [/color] ----------------------- Well, that was the ending! Thanks for tagging along through this, there were some rough times [s]mainly for Soraka's pack[/s] but some dragons managed to get through. Ribos' original dragons who made it: Ribos, Regis Soraka's original dragons who made it: Soraka, Nepos, and Eclipse
Day 79

Status Effects:

-Wyrril will act as a spy
-Calllon lost 2 1/2 LPs to water drowning

Soraka's Pack

Wyrril, Everyn, and Nepos will be going to the coli today for 30 rounds.

-Wyrril and Nepos lost 1 LP and were replaced by Eclipse and Baltar
-Everyn lost 1 LP and was replaced by Fever
-Fever and Baltar lost 1 LP and were replaced by Cobra and Trista
-Eclipse lost 1 LP and was replaced by Callon
Notable drops wrote:
N/A

Against all odd they made it to where Kai's old group once lived on the outskirts of the Clan of Death, their prison for abominations like Shade-touched and Emperors contained deep inside. Soraka felt relief go through her as a gaoler named Khaadgrim greeted them and took the wounded to be treated by the prison's healers- at least now they would be safe. As for herself, she went with the prison's leader to meet with the second leader, Sugar Meadow, and told them her story.

They both agreed to help, though were reluctant to fulfill her second request. The icey stare of Khaadgrim's many eyes bore into her as the gaoler guided Soraka down a hall. "Prisoners aren't let out, and for good reason."

"I need to see him." She insisted.

"Kai fled after the prison was finished. No one thought anything of it- he was grieving for those he lost... Do you know why he's locked up here? It certainly wasn't because of what he did to you or that other mirror, though it doesn't help his case."

"No..."

"He killed an entire mirror pack in revenge for what they did and later confessed to the deaths of several other dragons who he believed wronged his adoptive family." She scoffed. "Justice he called it. Well, now he has his."

"That sounds like what Ribos has become..." Soraka stayed silent and continued to follow them to a cell of magic enhanced bone and rock.

Inside was the shadowy form of Kai, his red eyes staring at them before resting on her. He slowly rose to his feet and stepped up to the bars, chains dragging the stone floor. "...You're alive."

His voice was gruffer than Soraka remembered, but given he probably didn't speak much she guested it was just due to disuse. "So is Ribos."

"Why did you come back? Surely by now you understand what I've done- been told of my crimes."

"Ribos is coming to kill you." She heard him laugh in response.

"Is he now? Can't blame him... but the guards will kill him before I even hear him coming."

"His pack has killed so many innocent dragons because of you, don't you care?"

"That was his choice." The amusement fell from his tone and the gaoler turned his back to them. "...I assume he'll become a prisoner like me... His mistake. Ribos could've done anything with his life and now he'll be trapped here forever."

"He was right... You really never cared." Soraka felt hurt at the realization Ribos had been correct. She backed away from the cell.

"Well, I mean... I was going to kill you." A red eye looked back at her as he turned his head. "But if I really wanted either of you dead I would've hunted you down after escaping to make sure of it... I understand if you see me as a monster."

"Let's go." Khaadgrim ushered her away. "We'll be having guests soon."

Ribos' Pack

Talamir, Ribos, and Avari will be going to the coli today for 60 rounds.

-Aravi lost 1 LP and was replaced by Vist
-we used 1 potion on Ribos
-Ribos lost 1 LP and was replaced by nebula
-Vist and Nebula lost 1 LP and were replaced by Regis and Bloodmaw
-Bloodmaw and Regis lost 1 LP and were replaced by Scura and Owena
-Owena lost 1 LP and was replaced by Veiled
-Scura and Talamir lost 1 LP and were replaced by Comus and Aleron
-Veiled and Aleron lost 1 LP and were replaced by Fasur and Nigel
-Comus lost 1 LP and was replaced by Orsi
-Orsi and Fasur lost 1 LP on the last battle
Notable drops wrote:
Minor Health Potion Aquatic Acuity Fragment Natural Might Fragment Natural Acuity Fragment Dark Acuity Fragment
-Ribos lost his last LP and must flip a coin: one got heads so Ribos lived
-Regis lost his last LP and must flip a coin: one got heads so Regis lived
-Talamir lost his last LP and must flip a coin: one got heads so Talamir lived
-Baltar lost 2 1/2 LPs to watery drowning
-Fever lost 1/2 LP to poisoning
-Fever lost another 1/2 LP to a double dose of poisoning
-Fasur lost all his LP and must flip a coin: they got tails so he died

The battle had been horrifically short. Around him the remains of his pack were lying wounded or dead on the ground while many had simply fled after seeing they were to be defeated. The guards had been ready for them, Ribos hadn't even made it into the prison to finish off Kai and Soraka.

He gave a pained huff and growled at the dragon on top of him, which only made their claws dig further against his head. A sort distance away his son was lying motionless on the ground... he couldn't tell if Talamir was unconscious or dead. Even Regis had been put out of commission and was lying on his side with a wing and hind leg at awkward angles after taking an unexpected magic attack from a gaoler.

A familiar mirror walked up to him as more guards came and shackled him. "I didn't want this to happen... You gave me no choice."

Soraka kept out of reach of any attacks he might try, a saddened expression on her face. Ribos growled once more and shoved himself upward with the remains of his strength, sending the dragon pinning him on the ground.

"You saw him, didn't you? You saw him and yet still betray me like this!?" The other guards pulled the chains back, halting his steps.

"Kai got what he deserved and now you will too." She glanced around at the bodies before looking back at him. "Look what you've caused. All this death... for what? 'Justice'? Your own kin blindly died for what you believed in- even other dragons who shared no part in this."

"Those cowards left me!"

"They knew this was wrong... Goodbye, brother..."

He stared in shock as she walked away from him, the reality of the situation sinking in. "Soraka, don't leave me like this! Come back!"

She didn't even acknowledge his cry and seconds later he was herded inside with the few remains of the surviving kin who'd helped him to be locked away... forever.

Well, that was the ending! Thanks for tagging along through this, there were some rough times mainly for Soraka's pack but some dragons managed to get through.

Ribos' original dragons who made it:
Ribos, Regis

Soraka's original dragons who made it:
Soraka, Nepos, and Eclipse
Wow
It's all over.

A fitting end to the once bonded mirrors, as karma has reaped the rewards.

A technical victory to Ribos' pack, but in this twisted world, sometimes no victory is truly the best.
Wow
It's all over.

A fitting end to the once bonded mirrors, as karma has reaped the rewards.

A technical victory to Ribos' pack, but in this twisted world, sometimes no victory is truly the best.
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14